PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings figures

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Darth Sidious
04-24-2003, 10:22 PM
It does suck, especially for me because no SW figures are ever here... :'( But ROTK is not that far off, and when it gets here it will rule. And I can always get back and get figures I missed online. Hell, I didn't even start collecting LOTR figs until the TTT waves. So there's a whole world of FOTR figures I can go back and buy! :D Hope everything works out for the rest of you too when the hiatus comes...

Brainiak76
04-25-2003, 12:15 AM
check it out everyone !!

i finally finished my Helms Deep Uruk custom!!!

Let me know what you think! and if you want me to post more pics LMK i have a ton more!!

Brainiak76
04-25-2003, 12:16 AM
heres a side shot!

Brainiak76
04-25-2003, 12:18 AM
a pic w/his helmet off! its a Repaint NB lurtz!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-25-2003, 12:19 AM
That looks hella awesome Brainiak! Good work! :D

Brainiak76
04-25-2003, 12:20 AM
heres the back!

Brainiak76
04-25-2003, 12:22 AM
lastly is all the accessories!!

these were all made out of sculpey super flex( like the armor) and cloth for the flag!

Brainiak76
04-25-2003, 12:25 AM
THANX Jedi_Master_Guyute glad you like my work!

Jayspawn
04-25-2003, 12:36 AM
Thats some excellent custom work Brainiak76.

CrunchyNug
04-25-2003, 01:07 AM
Yah dude, great work!!! Now if we could only have an entire army of those some day...

kool-aid killer
04-25-2003, 08:21 AM
That is very awesome brainiak76. Now youve got me thinking about doing the same thing. About how much do you estimate that it cost you to "make" him? About the only Uruk Hai i had thought about customizing a Newborn Lurtz into was one much like the guy who came with Gimli in a FOTR 2pack.

Darth Sidious
04-25-2003, 06:16 PM
Braniak76, that must mean you are TwiLiteWichKING on lordoftheringsguide forums. :) I'm Strider there. Who else is a member of lordoftheringsguide forums, and who are you there? Oh yeah, I got a Traveling Bilbo today and made a Bag End diorama. Here's the link, enjoy. :)

http://www.lordoftheringsguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3281

jpak001
04-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Nice work Sidious, Bilbo looks happy there! :)

DarthBrandon
04-25-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Bosskman
Brandon, I've seen him at TRU in both Saint John and Moncton. I saw him TODAY in Moncton but you might want to try the one in Saint John before you come up here. I got him at Gamezilla here in Moncton on Mountain Road a few months ago. I think they still have him there too but I don't know for sure.

Cool, I havn't seen him here yet. I did however find that Twiilite Witch King, Gollum, and Frodo with the light up sword.:D By the way do they have any Star wars figures at Gamezilla in Moncton?

Darth Sidious
04-25-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by jpak001
Nice work Sidious, Bilbo looks happy there! :)

Thanks! As well he should, he's off to see the Elves! He'd better leave his precious behind though... ;)

Brainiak76
04-25-2003, 08:23 PM
nice!

so you collect sw too strider??

nice diorama!

Darth Sidious
04-25-2003, 08:46 PM
Thanks! Yes, I do, it seems like lots of people who like SW like LOTR, too. Although LOTR figures truly blow away the SAGA line, in my opinion. :D

Brainiak76
04-25-2003, 08:49 PM
YES THEY DO!! scale, artic, paint, likeness!!

I duno price wise if sw were 6in and cost as much as LOTR figs i woudl not be able to afford as much sw figs as i have! i wish they did have more LOTR figs/characters but it would cost a fortune!!!

Brainiak76
04-25-2003, 08:52 PM
kool-aid-killer! as far as how much it cost, im not to sure it all depends on what you have!

you would need the fig to customize, clay, paint, brushes, tools, glue,..etc etc!!

i would say its not bout the money or cost but more bout the time!! It took kinda long because i didnt get to work on it that much everyday and you can only work on it so much in one day!

hope that helps!

kool-aid killer
04-25-2003, 09:28 PM
Brainiak76, thanks for letting me know what all it took to fix him up. Very cool and i think it was a good use of time.
Darth Sidious, on the lordoftheringsguide forums i am known as Wannabe Elf.
Just today i finally found another traveling bilbo at a local KB. Hes a cool figure and i like the accessories he has.

THE Slayer
04-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for good online LOTR toy retailers. I still need series3 and I am not opposed to ordering over the internet.

jpak001
04-26-2003, 01:15 AM
Hey Slayer, You could check out BigBadToyStore. I got my Traveling Bilbo from them a while ago for $10. I've bought plenty of other things from them too and never had any problems, plus they only charge $5 shipping (no matter how much stuff you get).

Hope this helps!

Darth Sidious
04-27-2003, 02:11 PM
I got a Gollum today...That's both a good and a bad thing...Good because it's a cool figure and a new find but bad because it's the end of the line until ROTK...

QLD
04-27-2003, 03:47 PM
I haven't found traveling bilbo, galadriel, elrond, gollum, or prologue elf yet.... :(

Bosskman
04-27-2003, 10:43 PM
Gamezilla used to have Vintage SW figures (they had Slave 1 there for 6 months and just when I caved in to buy it it was gone) but now they have none. I only every seen Ody Mandrell for the new stuff.

Jayspawn
04-27-2003, 11:43 PM
The Lord of the Rings figures are not finished until ROTK. There's a few more showing before then. If you're looking for Gollum, check out KB Toys, Toys'R'Us and Targets. I see him all the time there.

jpak001 is right though. BigBadToyStore is a great website with good prices and shipping rates. I order stuff from there all the time.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-28-2003, 12:14 AM
Jayspawn, aside from the HD 5 pack, what else do we have coming out? Lemme know, cause i thought that this it for now.

Brainiak76
04-28-2003, 01:48 AM
there and back again hobbit 5-pk(new sculpts based on the end of ROTK)

helms deep 5-pk(exclusive haldir)

slave troll

troll (repack)

and i think thats it! if more please add!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-28-2003, 03:18 PM
Slave troll isn't due out until ROTK and as for the HObbit 5-pack, i haven't heard of this, but why would they releaes something based on the end of ROTK for the TTT figures? makes no sense.

Brainiak76
04-28-2003, 04:06 PM
actually the slave troll is due in AUG! but knowing TB...

as for the hobbit set the sculpts are going to be based at the end of ROTK i guess they look diff but prob still hobbit clothes not armor or nething like that!

i dunno why but thats jsut what i heard! Its better then a repack set right?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-28-2003, 04:20 PM
Brainiak- yeah, starting in Aug, the ROTK figures start hitting shelves. The slave troll will be carded for ROTK. I found my TTT stuff in mid Sept last year, so this is when the new stuff hits.

Also, i would like to think that the Hobbit set would be issued for ROTK, cause it'd be goofy to release a hobbit set when some folks haven't read the books and know the end results. Do you have a link for this 5 pack thing?

jpak001
04-28-2003, 04:21 PM
Really? That would be great! I was under the impression that the "there and back again" set was just gonna be repacks.

In fact I could swear that I remember seeing a pic from Toyfare, will have to go back and see if I can still find it....

Brainiak76
04-28-2003, 06:04 PM
that was a mock up jpak!! they are goin have 5 brand new sculpts!

and JMG i kno its going be in the prob Blue ROTK packaging but will be for TT, just like some of the FOTR stuff in TT packs

jpak001
04-28-2003, 08:46 PM
Sweet, I'll have to get one now!

I'm happy that it's all new sculpts, that makes sense to me (not just one like the rip-off Helms Deep set).

jpak001
05-01-2003, 11:51 PM
Check it out, KB has the Traveling Bilbo in stock for $9.99. I'm sure they won't have 'em long, so I suggest acting quick if you still need him :)

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/1050385/ctid/17/ls/toys

Deoxyribonucleic
05-02-2003, 12:44 AM
I saw a twighlight ringwraith the other day at a tru in my area, I don't collect LOTR but that figure sure was cool looking!

QLD
05-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the heads up on Bilbo!

I have needed one of those forever!!!

They also had Gollum, which i picked up as well.

Now I just need to find that sneaky Galadriel and Prologue Elf.

Not to mention Elrond.

Darth Sidious
05-04-2003, 01:48 PM
Ok so it's not really a figure, but I got a Glamdring replica today! It freaking rules, it even has the little runes and blue jewel on the hilt and everything. It is by far the coolest thing I own. I'll be happy to post pics, if anyone wants to see them? :)

Brainiak76
05-04-2003, 06:43 PM
please!!

i always wanted to get all the swords but thats fig money! how much did this run ya?if you dont mind me askin...

Darth Sidious
05-04-2003, 08:34 PM
Well, my dad pitched in some but overall, it was $250.00. Well worth it, if you ask me. :)

Jayspawn
05-05-2003, 01:32 AM
The Glamdring is my favorite LOTR sword. It's the coolest and it's Gandalfs!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-05-2003, 03:58 PM
I stand corrected. According to Toybiz, Gimli will start showing up in Wave 4 assortments. Argh!!! Here is the article:

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=7847&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Enough with the re-packs. :D

kool-aid killer
05-07-2003, 12:21 PM
Does anybody(hint hint crunchynug:)) have a b k uruk hai that they would be willing to sell me for $30 or so? I'll be your friend.

Darth Cruel
05-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Darth Sidious - To answer your question from way back. I post at LordOfTheRingsGuide.com as well. I am Radagast there.

jjreason
05-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Note to the packaged collectors: Today I found a two pack containing a Berzerker Uruk Hai and the Prologue Elven Archer. I bought the box to get the archer, as I haven't found him elsewise (is that even a word?). The package is perfect, the Elf has a cape.

If anyone is seeking this piece, please let me know as my plan is to open it. I would be happy to help someone out by trading it for two figures, as long as one is the Elven Archer.

PM me or post a reply here if you're looking for this item, and we can swing something!

Jayspawn
05-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Open that thing up jjreason! Those are great figures. BTW, all Elvyn Archers have capes. It's some of the Prologue Elves that don't.

jjreason
05-07-2003, 07:14 PM
Thanks for that Jayspawn, I didn't realize there was an Elven Archer AND a prologue Elf!!!!! I already had the Berzerker Uruk Hai, which wave was the Archer from????

Darth Sidious
05-07-2003, 07:29 PM
The Archer was never released individually... :( I wish he was though! I have a Berserker already...Well, I guess I'll just have to get another one, if I ever find that damned 2-pack! :D

jjreason
05-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Good marketing strategy I guess. I wished I'd have waited on the Uruk Hai. The least they could have done was make one of them bloody like the one on the pkg, or change the pattern of the hands or something. The Elf is just wicked, though. Too bad you'd have to pay so much to get a platoon of them for a diorama, the 2 packs are 25 bucks up here!

JJR

CrunchyNug
05-07-2003, 08:27 PM
Well, here's your chance boys & girls - The Outer Reaches has SOLID cases of Prologue Elven Warriors available for order immediately. And yes you can get just one if you want. Check it out -

www.theouterreaches.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?shui=3&types_id=&keywords=prologue+elf+figure

TheDarthVader
05-07-2003, 09:29 PM
I have a prologue warrior and galadriel that I will sell. If interested email me at untyl@aol.com Thanks!

jjreason
05-08-2003, 05:57 PM
I'd like to get one of each of the the elves. Im going to email them and see if they'll differentiate so that I can get caped and uncaped. Worst case scenario you get a few of these at a price approaching retail, sweet deal.

jjreason
05-11-2003, 03:17 AM
Okay, scratch that last post. My new comic store had 6 Prologue Elven Warriors in stock today, at 17 bucks CDN (around 11 US) so I bought one figuring it would be cheaper than getting one shipped. Like I said, lots there. If anyone else needs one, let me know.

JJR

Jayspawn
05-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Thats not too bad a price.

jjreason
05-11-2003, 02:32 PM
I haven't cracked him yet, but he appears to have a cape. Are they harder to find with or without?

jpak001
05-11-2003, 02:35 PM
I think I remember reading somewhere that they were distributed at an even ratio. I couldn't really tell though, I've only actually found 2 = one with the cape, and one without.

QLD
05-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Got my gollum and traveling bilbo in a few days ago!

I like them both very very much!!!!!

Now if I can get the prologue elf, elrond, and galadriel, I will be set!!!

Darth Sidious
05-11-2003, 05:26 PM
I got Merry and Grishnakh today from Target, and I hadn't realized how freaking awesome they are! Especially Grishnakh. I can't see why they are pegwarmers...Too many put out, most likely.

Brainiak76
05-11-2003, 05:59 PM
cause its not like the archer/serker 2pk..how many grishnakhs and pippins do you need? But grishnakh is a sweet fig and freakin BIG!

as for the PLE the capeless IMO is alot harder to find and more rare! The capeless was an early production error! If you find any PLE now 9/10 times it WILL have a cape! Ive seen bout 5-6 PLE in stores all had capes!

and the way you can tell w/o opening it is on his shoulders youll see purpleish strips overlapping the armor! Thats the cape!

Hope this helps! :D

jjreason
05-12-2003, 03:40 AM
Check and check. Mine is caped. I'll have to check the rest at my store when next I visit. It matters not to me, Im not obsessed with these figures, I just buy what I like (which happens to mostly be "army builders", when I can find the darned things!). Im apparently finally getting a Rohan Soldier from a fellow forumite, one figure from TTT I've still never seen on the pegs.

Brainiak76
05-12-2003, 04:46 AM
stupid TB..why on earth would you package all the army builders @ 1 per case??? Makes no sense at all!! Even teh twin pack army builder archer/ serker pack is one per case!! Easterling, rohirrim, ple, moria orc.... ALL ONE PER CASE!!

HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO BUILDER AN ARMY LIKE THIS TB?????

Prince Xizor
05-12-2003, 02:07 PM
Cape or no cape, I just want to find a damn Elf on the pegs!!

It is the only figure in the line i have not seen at retail damn it.

Brainiak76
05-12-2003, 03:41 PM
any signs of TLF lately anyone???? i dont even thin ser4 is shipping in my area nemore!

jpak001
05-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Man, I want a TLF so bad.... That's the only fig that's holding me up from having a complete LOTR collection. I just saw one at $150.00 on ebay last night........ :(

Damn short-packed figures!!!! Why MUST toy companies do this????

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Jpak- ah, let us not forget my friend, the TTT version of Gimli is now back on the lists for wave 4.

Patience, you must have patience. You'll find it. I would not resort to e-bay just yet. Wait a few months for more to circulate and if you can't find it then, then think about ebaying. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any extras i find of him. Cheers! :D

jpak001
05-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Thanks mi amigo, you give me hope! I wouldn't pay insane ebay prices for it though, not now, not ever!!

Ah well, I did get an extra McFarlane Stealth Predator I was hoping to trade for a TLF. Maybe I'll get lucky yet! :)

Brainiak76
05-12-2003, 06:52 PM
is the stealth predator that rare?? =)

jjreason
05-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Is "TLF" Twilight Frodo? I haven't seen it either. I need a good reference site, one with lists of figures by wave, variants, 2 packs, horse packs, multis, etc. Anyone use a good one?

jpak001
05-12-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Brainiak76
is the stealth predator that rare?? =)

I don't know which has the lower run, but the Twilight Frodo is definitely commanding a much higher price on the secondary market right now. No question about that.

That could change though. The Stealth Predator was a limited, 'net exclusive run and sold out very quickly. The only way you can get one now is on the secondary market. I've seen them going for upwards of $50 on ebay already.

Like JMG was saying, ToyBiz isn't done pumping out series 4. So there's still a chance to actually find him at retail. Who knows, we could get lucky and see more shipping in future cases (like at least 1 per case or something). That would be nice....

Hey JJ, I don't know of any LOTR figure sites, but there's gotta be something like that out there.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-12-2003, 10:06 PM
JJ- try www.thegd.com and browse around there. I can't remember the EXACT page, but on the home page, there are tabs for other parts of the site, there is one w/ listings of different sections of LOTR and one is action figures and they got some good lists and whatnot. Best of luck! :D

Yeah, that curse'd TWLF is a huge pain to get. I called wal-marts for damn near a month asking if they got new stock in. I was told one night that they were getting in stock the following day and call back. So, i did, and the lady was reading off the figures she had in stock and i nearly soiled my drawers when she said..."Twilight Frodo?" I had her hold the figures she had and picked them up. He's quite beautiful to behold...he's mine, my own...my...preciousssssssssssssssssssss...... :crazed:

and lastly, I still know how y'all feel, i can't find that freakin' Dueling Club Malfoy. He's getting even more ridiculous prices on e-bay. Why do companies shortpack figures??!?!?!?!?! Argh!! :D

jjreason
05-13-2003, 12:45 AM
Thanks for that, JMG. I just checked out ToyBiz' link off the Marvel main page, and made myself a half-assed list. Here's what I came up with in terms of questions:

1. FOTR and TTT both had horse and rider sets of "Ringwraith and Horse with Light up eyes". Are the toys inside the same?

2. Are the FOTR and TTT basic carded Ringwraiths different? The FOTR one looks to have a molded cape whereas my TTT one is cloth.

3. My Berzerker Uruk Hai from the 2 pack appears to be the same as my single carded one. Is this also true with the Merry/Grishnak and Pippin/Ugluk sets? Are any of those figures unique?

4. Why the heck didn't Boromir get his own carded figure, and
4a. Why the heck did Faramir get his???

5. Moria Orc. Is the single carded one any different from the one packaged with Merry and Pip in that FOTR multi pack?

The questions are based on my desire to build a loose collection of these figures without getting unneeded duplicates. If anyone knows, or cares to pipe in, that would be super.

Please also add things that don't appear on that sight, if you know of any. I believe there was an exclusive KB Orc of some kind, and some mail away figure too (unless they're the same). Thanks for any input.

JJR

kool-aid killer
05-13-2003, 07:56 AM
jjreason, im not a hundred percent sure on my answers but i think the ringwraith and horse are the same figure in FOTR and TTT horse pack. The single carded ringwriath that came out on a TTT card is the same as the horse and rider version. The FOTR carded one is better in my opinion. His robe isnt cloth, but molded as you suspected and he comes with a knife that you can use to recreate him stabbing Frodo. As for the two packs Ugluk and Grishnak are the same as the ones released in the single carded army wave. I believe the hobbits are the same ones that came with the Moria Orc too. I honestly dont know why Boromir wasnt carded by himself but i think Faramir was because he has more of a role in the movie. And i believe the single carded Moria Orc to be the same as the twin pack version. Hope my answers can help you.

Jayspawn
05-13-2003, 12:12 PM
The single carded Moria Orc IS the same at the 2-pack version. I have both.

Brainiak76
05-14-2003, 03:33 AM
? The FOTR one looks to have a molded cape whereas my TTT one is cloth.

the fotr wraith is actually the witchking and the horse/ ser5 wraiths are just reg wraiths!!

series 5 is known as "the evil wave" aka repacks wave!! Every fig in that series is a repack..grishnak, ugluk, berserker are from TT twin packs, moria orc from fotr twin pack w/ merry + pippin, and wraith from horse set!! Nothing is diff w/ any of these, they are the same just Repacked in single packages!

the mail away uruk hai is the only exclusive that TB has produced! It was with burger king and you had to send a couple upcs to get it!! And after they ran out of the original sculpt they sent out lurtz from the boromir lurtz twin pack!!

m + P repacked from series 3 is exaclty the same as the FOTR twin pack figs!! There is no new scupt for M + P for the TT line, but for ROTK that is awhole nother story!!

as for boromir he wasnt in TT and hes dead so TB prob figured it would be point less to repack him. ..And Faramir is a main character why wouldnt they make a fig of him?

Hope this info helps!! :D :D ;)

Brainiak76
05-14-2003, 03:37 AM
BTW did everyone here get a chance to look at the press pics of some of ser1 and some of ser2 in the ROTK Line?

I cant wait for ROTK figs!! These will prob be the best figs TB makes!! From the first FOTR figs to the present TT figs Tb has really improved and will hopefully improve more for ROTK!!

jpak001
05-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Huh? Where can I see these press pics? Please let us know, I really want to see> :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Sadly, i missed hte pics during their short time up. I think theGD.com had then as well as onering.net? but they were asked to be removed by Toybiz cause they didn't have permission to post them. What crap!!! It's promoting your toys which we're already giddy about, just let them show the damned pics!! :crazed:

Also, toybiz has ONCE AGAIN said that Gimli is OFFICIALLY "cancelled" Sorry to all your Dwarf enthusiasts out there...hehehehehe cheers!! :D

Jayspawn
05-14-2003, 12:31 PM
Nobody has to worry about getting a Gimli figure. The best Gimli is the one of the FOTR 2-pack. Just get that. It shouldn't be too expensive, even on the secondary market.

jpak001
05-14-2003, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I think that Gimli is the one that's included in the Helms Deep boxed set too.

CrunchyNug
05-14-2003, 03:05 PM
Anyone looking to expand their Elven Army can still get the coveted PEW's from www.TheOuterReaches.com for $10 a piece. Not a bad deal. Mine just arrived this morning.

jjreason
05-15-2003, 02:18 AM
Nice pic! I might try to pick up a couple of extras for trading from my comic store (still cheaper for me than getting them from TOR when you figure in the stupid shipping chgs). There are quite a few figures I'd like to get from this line, and these seem like they're still good trade bait.

And thanks for your insight, KAK! I was just joking about Faramir, who seems weaker to me than mighty Boromir. IF I had to pick one to card alone, I'd pick Boromir! I guess packaging him with an archer like the one who killed him adds poignance and melancholy to the piece....... :crazed:

SO.....the Gimli shown on the back of the package to HD Legolas (I think there's one on there isn't there?) has been cancelled as a single carded figure and will only be available in the HD boxed set, if I catch the drift. I guess the HD set will be the equivalent to the deluxe boxed set from the first movie? Man, trying to learn a whole new line is tough work!

Brainiak76
05-15-2003, 02:28 AM
yes!! hd set & they will also have a there and back again hobbit set!

The tb line is pretty small! not alot of figs and waves! IF theres any other ques post em and im sure therell be someone to answer you ques!

QLD
05-15-2003, 10:43 AM
Heck, I still don't really KNOW the line.....but I sure do love it! I am still working on geting 9 Ringwraiths. :D That and Elrond which is going for MORE on ebay now, and Galadriel.

jjreason
05-15-2003, 02:47 PM
God, Elrond really opens up a can of worms. I love the character and really want that figure, but 50 bucks US is too much. I searched ebay last pm, and there was only one available. Looking at the picure, I didn't like it as much as the one they show on the ToyBiz site anyway. Maybe they'll make another one with the scanning technology.

Have any of you had a good look at the 3" scale stuff from ArtAsylum? I was checking the clearance at KB toys.com, they're offering a special Gollum and Goblin 3 pack for those who preorder 40 bucks worth of the 3" line. They look so amazingly detailed, just beautiful. I drooled over the Balrog / Kazad-Dun playset for like 10 minutes. Looks like there's going to be quite a large amount of that line shipping this summer - too expensive to get involved in but perfect for older guys like me who display more than they play. That Gollum may be worth something down the road if they don't issue him at main release. Also of note, they're offering ObiWan/Jedi FIghter for 5 bucks, numerous Saga figs for 2 bucks, and they're clearing out video games too. Very tempting.

CrunchyNug
05-16-2003, 07:03 PM
Well, it was a great week for me for Elves. I found a new case of 2-packs at my neighborhood KB in Los Angeles this morning. I couldn't help but take the Archers home with me. My army grows stronger even yet...

jjreason
05-16-2003, 08:09 PM
Wowee Zowee. With your latest installment of PEW's they'll be formidable indeed! Just out of curiosity, what's the count up to???

CrunchyNug
05-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Here's an older pic of my Elves. You can now add 4 more PEW's and 3 more Archers to the ranks. There's 2 Legolas in there and, of course, Elrond. I cannot wait for Haldir!!!

Brainiak76
05-17-2003, 01:35 AM
sweet pic crunchy!! Alotta elves there!

who are they fighting?? do you have an army worthy of mordor on the other side?

jjreason
05-18-2003, 12:55 AM
Dayyyyyyyyyyyyamn! That is sweet.

I picked up the 9 figure set today, on sale at WalMart (weird so long after the fact, but they had a dozen just out on the shelf?). Not having any figures of the fellowship beside Legolas, I figured might as well let her rip. Since I wanted Boromir, Gandalf the Grey and Gimli anyway (and they would have cost me more than this set to buy) I figured I got a deal.

Now, can anyone tell me if all of these figures are repacks from the originial FOTR single carded ones, or are they unique? A combination? Odd, how on the Toy Biz site it remarks this set includes realistic cloth capes, yet my figures are all in the finest molded plastic. Any input on this as well? Was cloth the original way this set came out?

jpak001
05-18-2003, 01:46 AM
Hey JJ,
I think the only unique fig in that set is the Gandalf, and that's only because of his cloth cape (wich looks much better than the plastic one IMO).

It's a nice looking boxed set, that's for sure!

jjreason
05-18-2003, 03:11 AM
Yep, that's odd then. My Gandalf has the molded plastic cape, same as the other figures. They must have made a running change. I do quite like the Gandalf though, he looks great. It took me some looking to find one with the paint not banged off his pointy nose, though. Not sure why, but the majority of the sets had Gandalf looking pretty dark on the end of his schnoz.

Brainiak76
05-18-2003, 05:08 AM
whoa!! ur wlamart still had these? where u located at? would you be able to pick up one more?

The cloth capes was in the beg run of this but it was way to costly for TB so they decided to just put the reg plastic capes!

There are no unique figs in the set all are repacks from the single carded figs! The unique thing was the cloth capes!

a really really unique thing was at the very very end run they repacked lurtz instead of aragorn and GTwhite not GTgrey! check the pic! I guess they ran out adn didnt want to produce more of these figs or were lazy or was an error! who knows!

QLD
05-18-2003, 12:59 PM
Is that a confirmed Toybiz change? Or did someone just open the box, and trade GTW for GTG and Strider for Lurtz? That seems very likely, as the two missing figures are much more "valuable"

But reason, how much are those 9-packs? I really wanted to get one of those.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-18-2003, 01:24 PM
LIMP- No, there are more of the sets that have things shaken up a bit. It most likely is a Toybiz confirmed change, then again, there is the possibility of a nationwide conspiracy featuring a bunch of hooligans whose main purpose is to shake up the LOTR 9 pack. :D

They are somewhat rare now, but some random wally worlds still have them. KBToys has them on pre-order, as they get them in sporadically.

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/2197099/ctid/17

If you resort to the e-bay, you wll pay an arm and a leg. Good luck! :D

jjreason
05-18-2003, 01:50 PM
50 bucks Cdn (49.92 or whatever) plus taxes had it come out 57 and change. I guess that's around 40 bucks to you southerners.

If there was a conspiracy, it was well executed. Every pack was molded cape Gandalf, and he fits perfectly into his clear tray space. Someone would have had to do quite a bit of work......

The Aragorn isn't super, but I like his face better than the two TTT versions I've had the option of getting. I don't understand why they can get Legolas so close, yet Aragorn is just pitiful. Hopefully ROTK will produce for us the ultimate Aragorn figure.

TheDarthVader
05-18-2003, 07:22 PM
Anyone besides me really like the Gandalf with Shadowfax box set? Also, in a toy magazine they posted the ROTK figures for the fall of 2003!!!
Asst 1--witchking ringwraith, frodo, samwise gamgee
Asst 2--Gollum, Aragorn, Eowyn, Gandalf the White
Asst 3--Treebeard (8 inch), Eowyn, Gollum (smeagol)
Asst 4--Pippin, King Theoden, Legolas

jjreason
05-19-2003, 12:01 AM
I wonder if theyll all be new sculpts or if some will be repacks?

Brainiak76
05-19-2003, 01:21 AM
and dont worry!! there is def going be more then 4 figs per wave!! They just couldnt put what figs due to spoilers!

jjreason
05-19-2003, 03:25 AM
Speculation anyone? Shall we see a Shelob large sized figure or playset?

I would still love to see Prologue Isildur or Prologue Elrond, I guess the time has long since come and gone for those. Pity.

jpak001
05-19-2003, 05:31 AM
No doubt JJ, those prologue figures WOULD be sweet. But I think your right, it's probably too late for those...

I could see a Shelob! If the could make a treebeard they could definitly do a Shelob, I know I would buy one! :D

jjreason
05-19-2003, 02:43 PM
We're guaranteed a new Aragorn (hard to avoid spoilers, based on the name of the third movie and all). I can see them creating Eowyn and maybe a new Arwen depending on how they go with the final battle. A new, armored or battling Witch King Ringwraith, the required Mordor Infantry orcs, etc. Should be a nice assortment based on the improvements made between FOTR and TTT. Im also looking forward to seeing how the blue packaging looks, I have a "hue" in my head and can't wait to see how close I am!

Brainiak76
05-19-2003, 05:41 PM
u never know maybe in the ROTK line!

id rather have a fell beast over a shelob and im sure TB would never do both!

jpak001
05-19-2003, 09:43 PM
I just hope they actually release the Balrog someday....... :(

jjreason
05-20-2003, 02:49 AM
Oh don't get me started on how awesome the Balrog was in the movie. Scarier than my own perception of it by a mile. The small scale diorama one by ArtAsylum comes with Gandalf and the whole Bridge at Khazad Dun - so wicked. Just not poseable. They have good pics of these sets up at KBToys.com right now, and they also had some specials. Im finding it hard not to preorder a bunch of that small scale stuff - it looks wicked.

Brainiak76
05-21-2003, 01:13 AM
yeah i feel the same but i think illwait till they hit the stores!! not sure if i wanna start w/ the Play along line!

Brainiak76
05-21-2003, 01:13 AM
yeah i feel the same but i think illwait till they hit the stores!! not sure if i wanna start w/ the Play along line!

jjreason
05-21-2003, 02:31 AM
Brainiak - is a "fell beast" the dark mounts the riders take to after the horses are lost in the river? If so, that would make an excellent toy. Scary monster, that thing was.

Brainiak76
05-22-2003, 01:20 AM
yup like there like dragons!

Jargo
05-22-2003, 08:03 PM
Don't know if anyone's seen this but Toypalace has the slave troll for pre-order and had this pic. I think it makes him look like an ape with the helmet on. But it's a sweet companion to the original troll.

jpak001
05-23-2003, 03:22 AM
Even though it looks like it's the same as the 1st (just w/diff accessories), I'll buy that slave troll as soon as I find it. I loved seeing them pulling open the gates of Mordor in TTT!

Does anyone know if they used the same rubbery material for his face ? It'll be a nice bonus if they give him a face that wont doesn't rot within a year!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-23-2003, 03:32 AM
Jpak- according to rumors, Toybiz is working/has worked on fixing that curse'd mask rubber problem. I guess there were A LOT of complaints, not only from consumers, but managers who had these bad boys sitting on their shelves cause the faces were ripped off. they're good to go. :D

Brainiak76
05-23-2003, 03:45 AM
its not goin matter either way because these new trolls will be in a windowed box!! A main reason for the face rot on the reg cave trolls was the open box!

jjreason
05-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Another thing that I'll admire in the store and never buy. No room in this house for displaying anything that size that ain't Star Wars. Good picture though, thanks Jargo.

Jargo
05-23-2003, 05:19 PM
The repackaged in red window box FOTR cave troll won't have that problem either. I just bought it today and it's all nicely tucked away inside. Needless to say I've opened him up so i can play with him and living here in humid britain rubber rot isn't much of a problem.
I also bought the fantastic treebeard. I wasn't going to but I picked it up and copuldn't resist the temptation. I planned on buying Sauron but plumped for old Treebeard instead and I'm so glad I did now I have him standing on my desk next to me.
I'm a relative latecomer to the LOTR figures and I've ordered up the nine figure fellowship set. I'm not going to collect them all but just a few nice items. I started in with Gollum which is a bit disappointing when you open the package and hold him in your hands. I mean a figure so small and he cost me half what the troll did.
I'm just trying to get hold of a prologue Bilbo, Sauron and maybe a ringwraith with horse. I'm hoping that a single packed Arwen will be released. Not really into the horses much. But the ringwraiths horse looks so damn cool i just have to own that.
I'm pretty cheesed off now looking through Toybiz's site and spotting the Orc warrior that i completely missed when it was out. That's a very cool figure. The Moria Orc just doesn't have the same appeal for me.
Oh well, I always late to parties but now I'm here...

And the slave troll will definately be coming home to Jargo's pad even if I have no space at all to put these things. Maybe i'll clear away some star wars stuff for them. *gasp*
The only thing I see missing from the whole two movies line up of figures is the dwarf kings. More dwarves would be so frickin' cool! :)

jpak001
05-24-2003, 01:57 AM
Sweet! I'm very happy that the Slave Troll won't have the rubber face, thanks for the heads up JMG!

Jargo, you made a great choice with Treebeard, That's the best LOTR toy produced yet IMO. I love my Sauron figure, and when they both came out I did want the Sauron much more. But now that I have them side by side, Treebeard is just more impressive to me..... Especially with Merry & Pippen sitting on his top branchs. It seems as though he's the overlooked gem of the line (mainly b/c of his price-tag). It'd be cool to see more Ents in that scale, but we know that'll never happen.

Who knows, mabye they'll re-release the Orc Warrior someday too. I know ToyBiz could make lot's more $$$ If they were to re-release him and the Elrond figure.

Jargo
05-24-2003, 01:51 PM
Well my red packaged FOTR troll came in a completely sealed window box so no kids could maul the rubber face. Perhaps for the new troll they'll stick with real feel skin and continue to do the sealed boxes?

My other half came home today with a nice surprise for me - the ringwraith and horse and the Ugluk Pippin 2-pack. Now the ringwraith and horse was something I was pretty keen to own. So that is just a fantastic prezzie. Looks so darn cool too. Pippin and Ugluk wasn't on my high priority list but having opened them up I love Ugluk. Have to try and track down Merry and Grishnak and the other Uruk Hai now.
My list of wants is getting ever longer and I fear that LOTR will soon overtake my star wars collecting. I don't have the faintest clue where'll I'll put any of this but the other half is well happy with treebeard living on the PC desk so perhaps LOTR will creep into the rest of the house and I won't have to try to cram it into the star wars room. :D

I'm so easily lead astray. It was JJ Reason who convinced me to buy the FOTR DVD and so he's to blame for my new obsession. :mad: Thanks JJ ;) :kiss:

QLD
05-24-2003, 02:02 PM
EJ, sounds like you are in the beginning stages of what I experienced after seeing TTT. I just never really thought about the figures until then. But now I have almost all of them, and I look for LOTR figs before SW. In fact, I definately prefer them right now.

Have any Elrond figs over there in jolly old England by chance??? :)

Jargo
05-24-2003, 02:30 PM
I haven't seen any in my trips out hunting. My two local TRU's don't stock a lot of stuff at any one time and it's now mostly pegwarmers like Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf the white and Saruman, grimace faced Aragorns, Theoden and Eomer. No army builders and no decent characters anywhere that I've looked.

kool-aid killer
05-24-2003, 08:54 PM
Collecting these guys does become an obssesion after you get your first one. I only need three more (a fourth i wouldnt mind but wont lose sleep over him, at least not yet) to fill out my wants so far but i eagerly await for the ROTK figures to come out. If it werent for LOTR figures i dont know what i would have done because i havent found many new Star Wars figures.

jjreason
05-25-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
It was JJ Reason who convinced me to buy the FOTR DVD and so he's to blame for my new obsession. :mad: Thanks JJ ;) :kiss:

S'aright. Orange you glad I tried to convince you?

BIG PROPS TO KOOL-AID KILLER WHO HOOKED ME UP WITH THE TOUGH TO FIND ROHAN SOLDIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jargo
05-25-2003, 05:40 PM
Yup, I sure am glad. Now I have something else to bug the other half with :D Already sick of hearing about prologue Bilbo. However, the other half does seem more taken with LOTR than SW. Which is good.

I was over at green dragon and checking out the prototype balrog which is just awesome beyond belief. How they could think this thing wouldn't sell is beyond me. It's no bigger than Treebeard all told and it's kickazz! Treebeard is fantastic in his own right but the balrog is something else. In a category of cool all on it's own. They just have to produce this. They're idiots if they don't. But then again we've been saying that about hasbroken for centuries so........

QLD
05-25-2003, 06:45 PM
EJ,

KBtoys.com has the Bilbo in stock, and when I ordered mine, it was even in the FOTR packaging.

I don't know if they deliver to ENgland or not.

But here's the link.

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/1050385/ctid/17?_ts=n&ls=default

Jargo
05-25-2003, 07:33 PM
Just checked, unfortunately they don't do international shipping but i'm sure Toy Palace in Germany might get them back in stock so I'll keep looking there. Thanks for the thought anyway. :)

QLD
05-26-2003, 12:06 AM
That stinks Jargo. Do you have any Galadriels anywhere around? If so, perhaps I can order a Bilbo for you and make a trade.

Jargo
05-26-2003, 09:29 AM
I did see about two or three last time I was in TRU. Betcha bottom dollar they won't be there next time I check though. Actually the ones I saw had iffy paint jobs, there was some dirty brown paint splotches on her arms around the mold seals. That kinda sucks. I noticed the same dirty coloration on Gandalf deluxe and Frodo with light up Sting. But if they had Galadriel there then they have more.

I'll have a look next time I go to TRU. Can't promise anything just now though but i'm planning a trip in the next couple of days once the public bank holiday is over and everything gets back to normal. Can't stand going to TRU when there's hordes of kids there. :)

QLD
05-26-2003, 11:16 AM
Yeah, Toys 'R Us would be great if it wasn't for all those kids!

I am not too much a stickler for paint jobs, as long as it isn't "too" bad, ora problem with the face. Let me know if you find one, I'll be happy to oblige, as I'll just trade you mine, and order another for me. :) I can't find Galadriel anywhere.

Darth Cruel
05-26-2003, 11:33 PM
I picked up a Galadriel and a PEW at Wal-Mart today. They have been keeping their overflow shelf quite well stocked lately. There have been lots of Rohirrim Soldiers, HD Aragorns, Green-Eyed Eomers, King Theodens, The Merry/Pippin two-pack...

I didn't need the PEW or Galadriel thanks to fellow forumite kool-aid killer (thanks again). But I am short of a few others and a few variations that I hope to score by trading them. I was surprised to see the amount of stock they had.

And they seem to be moving pretty well for the most part as I have been looking in on them 2 or 3 times a week and the stock is changing noticeably whilee maintaining a fairly constant number of figures which seems to be about 50 or so between the shelf and pegs.

QLD
05-27-2003, 01:50 AM
Well, I don't have anything but cash to trade, but i would be happy to take a Galadriel and Prologue Elf off of your hands :)

jpak001
05-27-2003, 02:13 PM
Green eyed Eomer ??? Oh man, I have a feeling that there are quite a few more variations than I was even aware of.....

Anyone know of a listing of LOTR variations ? That would be sweet!

btw: I found a FOTR Frodo (in the green package) today at KB on clearance for 5.99. Looks like they're getting in, and clearing out old stock. You might want to check your local KB if your looking for older stuff :)

Jargo
05-27-2003, 07:29 PM
Well, I went and looked and hunted and there were no Galadriels. Not even a mashed up one. If you wanted Theoden or Eomer or Wormtongue there's plenty to go round the whole world, but sadly no Galadriels. Sorry man, I tried. I'll have another look in a couple of days when I next venture forth on the toy run. But you're probably better trading with someone in the states because it'll work out cheaper in the long run.

I did however get myself the merry and Grishnak 2-pack and Sam in Mordor. Grishnak is well wicked! Sam is cool but his rock is rubbish. How fast does Sam climb in the movie because this toy has him faster than Spiderman. Hit the button and he just flys straight up until he slams into the rock! And the rock is all rubbery and sort of a skin over a harder thing underneath. Not at all as good as Gollums rock. Nice figure of Sam though. Merry is alright too apart from not being able to stand up unaided. And having the wrong color hair.

UPDATE:
Toy Palace have got travelling Bilbo back in so I snapped an order off sharp as one of Legolas's arrow volleys. I also ordered Gimli and Uruk-Hai 2-pack, Orc overseer w/ newborn Uruk and Orc warrior.
The other half is going to go ballistic with me for spending more money.

Ah well, it'll keep me out of mischief if I can't afford to go wandering. But I am keen to track down a nice little Frodo Hobbit... Nah, I'll wait. :D

Brainiak76
05-27-2003, 08:57 PM
jpak..its weird a bunch around the country have gotten these FOTR figs!! i got a bunch at my local kb but the date stamp reads 06603 or 07503 on mine and that means there were produced in 03!! so i dunno if these are old figs or rehashes...most likely rehashes..but why?

jjreason
05-28-2003, 02:36 PM
Well, they don't seem to be coming here other than the 9 pack. If anyone runs into a Witch King Ringwraith, I'd be ever grateful, and willing to pay all expenses to have him in my collection. The only other FOTR figure I was hoping to find was Elrond, but wishing for that is near pointless I now realize. Oh well, the figure isn't as good as I'd once thought based on seeing him on ebay. Maybe someday......

Brainiak76
05-29-2003, 02:49 AM
its not worth the price its goin for on ebay! just wait u never know they might repack it!

QLD
05-29-2003, 03:28 AM
jjreason, toysrus.com has the witchking ringwraith figure in stock right now.

I just ordered the fellowship 9 pack from them this evening. They actually took Galadriel off the site now... :(

jpak001
05-29-2003, 02:36 PM
Hey, over the last couple days I've found more of these FOTR figs @KB for $5.99:

Witchking Ringwraith
Strider (1st version w/cloak & torch)
Frodo
Samwise
Legolas
Sauroman
Orc Overseer
Gimli

I actually already have all the FOTR figures, but they sat in a box for a while & most of the weapons & accessories have warped or mysteriously dissapeared. Figure now's probably the last chance to get them this cheap :) Surprised I haven't seen more Newborn Lurtz's clogging the shelves, those were major pegwarmers the 1st time around... Now if only those FOTR two packs would show up on clearance....

Hey Brainiak, where do you find the date code? I cant find it on the packaging, is it on the actual figures?

jjreason, I'll keep an eye out for another Witchking for ya!

QLD
05-29-2003, 02:41 PM
I did manage to find the Sam/Frodo/boat FOTR 2-pack on sale for 5.99 at TRU a few months ago.

Other than finding Bilbo on KB.com, I haven't seen any. Perhaps Elronds will start flooding the shelves soon. A guy at KB said he would call me if they got more Galadriels or PEW, but I won't hold my breath.

jpak001
05-29-2003, 02:45 PM
If that wave hits KB, there should be plenty of Elronds & Orc Warriors to go around! Hopefully that will happen, I could use a few more Orc Warriors for customizing...

Jargo
05-29-2003, 05:04 PM
Woohoo! Got me a Sauron today. Great figure and I just love that "I seee yoooou!" :D
Got me a second Ringwraith and steed too which is cool.
No Galadriels at all in the store. Thousands and thousands of Gollums though. :(
Seems the UK may not be getting the Moria Orc for some reason or indeed Europe as far as I can tell. Bummer. :cry: I'm sure i'll find it somewhere though. Only want a couple to lead my troll around. Lovely looking little beggars they are.

Brainiak76
05-29-2003, 05:53 PM
the date stamp jpak is obn the back of the box on towards the top or bottom! its stamped on..so put it in the light and kinda tilt it!

jpak001
05-29-2003, 06:20 PM
Ohh ok, I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks man!

seth_quinn
05-30-2003, 09:09 AM
hey all,

I'm totally lotr illiterate but I saw this huge figure 8(9) pack at my local wmart here in Canada for $50 Can (about 40US once you add the sales tax). if anyone needs a hook-up lmk.

sq

Brainiak76
05-30-2003, 03:35 PM
i would but how much is shipping to CA?

Jargo
05-30-2003, 04:53 PM
That would be the Fellowship nine pack deluxe gift set w/ middle earth map. Very cool set. See two weeks a LOTR collector and already I'm sounding like I know it all. :rolleyes: :D
I've ordered mine from a specialist retailer so I don't need one but it is worth getting as are the other boxed sets. 'Helms deep' five pack gift set and the Hobbits 'There and back again' five pack gift set with Bilbo's book. I presume the book is a copy of the movie prop? Anyone know about that? If it is then that really would be worth buying.

QLD
05-30-2003, 06:03 PM
I ordered the 9 pack from Amazon the other day. Should be arriving any day now....

Darth Sidious
05-30-2003, 06:36 PM
I went to KB Toys today and got a hell of a haul of FotR stuff! (They also had Orc Overseer, Newborn Lurtz (Of course), Merry/Pippin, Gimli, Sam, and Legolas. A picture's worth a thousand words I suppose, so here's a pic of my haul (Before I opened it)!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Does anybody have a link or a pic of that "There and Back again" set, cause i haven't seen/heard anything about it. Any help would be hot. Thanks! :D

Jargo
05-30-2003, 06:45 PM
Here it is. Looks lush don't it? :) Of course these might not be the actual figures in the set but the concept is there and it looks fab.

Jargo
05-30-2003, 06:53 PM
ARGH SIDIOUS DAMN YOU! That's the exact frodo I want. Well that and the Elven boat one. I plan on merging the two to get a perfect Frodo. I bought the one with light up Sting and very disappointing it is too. Nice face sculpt but the figure just doesn't do it for me. I prefer Frodo wearing his jacket. So I'll take the Frodo head and jacket body from the one you bought and shove them on the Elven boat Frodo.
I haven't found any LOTR on clearance because it's all pretty hot property over here by all accounts. Apart from gollum it seems....

seth_quinn
05-30-2003, 08:11 PM
Brainiak76 - I took a dimmension guess of 15x12x9 and Canada Post estimated $12/13US.

if anyone can offer up an accurate size I'll do it again to try and get a closer shipping estimate,

or if you've got any trading fodder, pm me and maybe we can work a deal.

Darth Sidious
05-30-2003, 10:00 PM
Jargo-Good luck finding one, they're pretty cool. I'd like to see the perfect Frodo custom, too. :) Hey, I don't know when I get back to the mall but the next time I do, would you like me to look for a Frodo for you? I can't make any guarantees, only about 2 were there...If I find it I'd charge you retail price plus shipping...if you want. :)

kool-aid killer
05-30-2003, 10:12 PM
Hey if anybody could find me a FOTR legolas and/ or a Frodo i would gladly be willing to reimburse you the cost of the figure(s) and shipping. On a side note on another forum i might be trading with a guy from the Phillipines but he gave me a estimate on shipping at $20 per 1000 grams (and it pains me to inform you guys but i have no idea how many grams equal a pound so any help would be grateful) i believe. I would be trading him a twilight ringwraith and a light up sting frodo for two orc warriors. I think its a steal on my part (that is unless they release them again) and i just wondered if you guys think i should hold off in hopes that they will release them again or go for it?

p.s. my intention is to keep one (ive already got one for myself but would like another) and to trade the other.

Brainiak76
05-30-2003, 10:34 PM
i dunno shipping itself doenst seem like its worth it!! but thats just me!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-31-2003, 01:05 AM
thanks for the pic!! It looks awesome!!! When is it due out again?! :D

jjreason
05-31-2003, 01:41 AM
Kool Aid - 28grams is one ounce. 16 oz in one pound would be....let's see here...carry the ......

448 grams / pound.

Jargo
05-31-2003, 07:04 AM
The Hobbits set should be available from September I think. Or that's to say that Return of the king merchandise will start showing up from Septemnber at retail and the gift set shouldn't be too far behind.
Helms deep 5-pack gift set is due out July/August.
In September there's likely going to be another gift set, Rohan soldiers, featuring King Theoden in armour, Eomer, Rohirrim soldier and Gondorian soldier.
Then there's, Quest for Mordor, gift set containing Frodo, Samwise and Gollum.

seth_quinn
05-31-2003, 08:33 AM
man you crack me up jjr, funny of you to start with 28g = 1 ounce. encountering a bit more of the ounce patroling the new beat are we?

seth_quinn
05-31-2003, 08:38 AM
btw - in checking into the box size of that 9-pack, am I to understand that we got something released in Canada before the US? I saw sites with it on pre-order for June, it's been on the shelves here for weeks. clearly this lotr stuff isn't made by hasbro.

jpak001
05-31-2003, 01:20 PM
Hey seth, I actually saw one of those 9 packs here way back in December of last year at a WalMart. I didn't get it cause the box was torn up..... Plus my girlfriend had ordered me one from ebay as a X-Mas gift :D

Although it is still on pre-order at a lot of websites.... I really don't understand distribution with this stuff... seems like it's all a crap shoot to me! Get 'em when you see 'em!

jjreason
05-31-2003, 01:52 PM
SQ - my last pinch was slightly more than that: 20 lbs. of bud. No kidding. Purolator called us with a "funny" smelling pkg - inside were 9 two pound bags and 2 one pounders, all heat sealed and ready for delivery. Crikey.

No charges pending. Crikey.

Brainiak76
05-31-2003, 08:18 PM
In September there's likely going to be another gift set, Rohan soldiers, featuring King Theoden in armour, Eomer, Rohirrim soldier and Gondorian soldier.

this is going be a ROHAN 4pk!! the gondorian ranger is just a moc up!! its in the place of the EXCLUSIVE fig! myabe they dont want to reveal it or there not done w/it yet!! hopefully its gamling or hama or could be the eowyn that we saw pics of (not the armored) the one that was with the prologue bilbo!

CrunchyNug
06-02-2003, 03:16 AM
One of my local Los Angeles KB's got 3 cases of FOTR figs over the weekend. I was surprised to find so many characters re-released. I couldn't help but grab a few that I had passed on over a year ago. I'm an opener, but seeing these guys made me want to get a few to keep packaged. At $5.99, I just couldn't resist. I saw a mix of Series 1 and 2. Here's what I bought -

Frodo
Legolas
Strider
Gandalf
Witch King Ringwraith

They also had -

Samwise
Saruman
Gimli
Orc Overseer

That's just about everyone from those waves minus Lurtz. I hope we get to see some Series 3. Who couldn't use another Elrond!!!

Jargo
06-02-2003, 04:36 PM
Today i recieved my shipment from Toy Palce of the Gimli Uruk-Hai 2-pack, Travelling Bilbo, Orc warrior and Orc overseer.
Bilbo is just great but he has problems holding his staff. Gimli and the Uruk are really nice especially Gimli. Orc warrior is reasonable but his action feature leaves not a lot of room for posing. Orc overseer is reasonable too but not the best figure in the series by a long shot. The newborn Uruk is a bit small and his birth action feature has scraped some of the red goo paintwork off him which is annoying. But I'm very happy with my purchases all told :)
Toybiz definately need to make more Orcs though.

jpak001
06-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Yes, more orcs please! Another Ringwraith sculpt would be nice too!

Jargo
06-02-2003, 08:11 PM
There's a Witchking in armour figure coming in the fall. I guess that'll be the armour they wear under the black robes with some sort of new helmet. A little like Sauron's with the crown prongs on top. Possibly, what do I know, I'm a novice Tolkien fan. :)
They should also make the Burger King exclusive Uruk available again, or something very similar with that helmet. Uruks and Orcs all the way!

jjreason
06-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Yes, that is weird that they created such a small # of those. I would imagine they'd be able to churn out a few more if they figured the money would be there.......

I think they should sculpt a new body for that exclusive head, wasn't the BK one just Lurtz with a different head? I can never keep this stuff straight....

Jargo
06-03-2003, 07:43 AM
Probably. But considering the movie made such a meal of the Uruks wearing those helmets it seems weird that one with that wouldn't make it to regular retail. TB showed the Uruk from the Gimli 2-pack wearing it in promo shots but obviously decided against it.
It looks like we'll be getting the Uruk bowman this fall/winter too and he has a really nice medieval looking helmet but the leather one from FOTR was cooler IMO, more threatening.

The other half is getting worried about how many of these figures I'm buying and how much room they take up. Looks like I'll have to buy a dedicated shelving unit for them now. There just isn't anywhere in the house for them. I have mine crammed all over the PC station but pretty soon there'll be no space left. I just love these toys so much more now than my star wars stuff. Could be a passing phase I guess, born of boredom and frustration. Thank god there aren't millions of LOTR figures to collect. :)

jpak001
06-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Yeah, That BK exclusive was just the Lurtz with a different head.

It's a great looking figure, but they cheezed out and didn't give him any weapons....... just the removeable helmet (wich is very cool BTW).

QLD
06-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Got my Fwlloship 9-pack from amazon in the mail today!

Very, very nice piece. I open everything....but I "might" leave this sealed. Looks very pretty. I didn't have the Gandalf, Strider, Merry, Pippin, or Legolas.

Now Galadriel, Elrond, Arwen, and Prologue Elf are the only ones I need.

jjreason
06-04-2003, 02:42 PM
I have access to numerous PEW, Lando. Let me know if you'd like to make a trade. Im currently interested in a Witch King Ringwraith, Gondorian Ranger, and Easterling Soldier, Legolas from TTT wave 1 (not HD), Gandalf the White, you name it - I need many different figures.

QLD
06-04-2003, 04:05 PM
Well, of all the ones you listed, I am SURE I can find a Gandalf the White. I'll be happy to pick one up to trade if you wish.

jjreason
06-04-2003, 10:09 PM
Okee Dokee, I'll grab an extra PEW tomorrow when I get my comics. My first choice would be the wraith, but any of those figures above Im still looking for. PM me when you can with your address and we'll get the wheels in motion.

QLD
06-05-2003, 12:21 AM
OK, I can pick up a Gandalf while out tomorrow, but if I see any of the others you mentioned, I will get those instead.

However, if you don't really need the Gandalf, and just want the money, I'll be glad to send you money for it in advance. Do you PAYPAL? :)

THE Slayer
06-05-2003, 03:40 PM
Is the FOTR 9 pack available at retail stores or only online?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-05-2003, 05:01 PM
Slayer- Both, kinda. It was out more or less last christmas for retail. I spotted maybe two in a few months. There are more abundant online, but it's not unusual to find a few every so often. :D

jjreason
06-05-2003, 10:57 PM
For whatever reason, Slayer, our Canadian WalMarts seemed to have just gotten a bunch of these to clear out - I saw upwards of 15 of these packs 2 weeks ago here in BC, but they've since sold out. I've heard similar posts from other Canucks as well. Im hoping we too will get our supply of clearance green pkgd figs as you guys are getting at KB's down there, I've been looking often hoping to pick a few up.

Darth Sidious
06-06-2003, 05:37 PM
Picked myself up a FotR Gimli and Orc Overseer at KB today. There were a few Gandalf the Grays and a FotR Saruman left with these, but that's about it for the FotR figures in my area, I think. Oh well, at least I got lucky when they were out. :) I would have liked one of those FotR Legolases though...

Jargo
06-07-2003, 09:50 PM
Just ordered:
Elven archer and berserker
Lurtz and boromir
Moria Orc w/ merry and pippin
Orc warrior
Frodo w/ ring and reveal base
King theoden
Eomer
Rohirrim soldier
Faramir
Gondorian ranger
Easterling x2

I have no money to pay for any of it. Had to break into the money to get the PC upgraded and now I'm in serious **** because the other half is not a happy bunny. WHOOPS!
Still, some great figures there. Should have them by thursday at the latest. It'll be worth the hell I'm going to get for the next month. :)

DarthBrandon
06-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Just picked up Galadriel at TOYSRUS in Moncton, still looking for Twilight Frodo for a friend now. :D

Brainiak76
06-08-2003, 03:30 AM
emperor jargo where did you order all that?? that must have been a hefty total!!

and where u located at? you couldnt find any of those in your local stores??

Jargo
06-08-2003, 10:01 AM
I'm in the North West of the UK and although some of the T2T figures are at retail, buying a big bunch online saved in gas costs. I have to travel a fair distance to get to TRU so I ordered the first half from www.thetoyshop.com in the UK because the shipping was dirt cheap and I know the quality of goods will be great and the cost of the figures is the same as regular retail. The other half with the harder to find stuff like Boromir Lurtz i ordered from Toy Palace in germermany. They also send good quality goods and although the shipping is a little high for my tastes i haven't found the stuff i ordered anywhere else.

Yeah the total has wiped me out for a month and a half. I think it comes in at around 150.00 GBP.

I actually wavered about ordering more like Arwen and Asfoloth but I guess she'll have to wait for the next splurge. The next somewhat smaller splurge i might add... :) I'm just trying to catch up with everything before the ROTK stuff starts showing up. I've basically put star wars on the back burner so there's no other expenditure screwing everything up. JJ says I spend money like Zsa Zsa Gabor :D Probably true at the moment. I'm just lucky to have a partner who is forgiving. Any other person and there would have been a big fight about it. But my partner just frowns and groans and then we talk about how to pay for it. We've only had three fights in seven years so I'm a very lucky guy indeed :D

Oh hell, the Jargo waffle again :rolleyes: Ending now....

jjreason
06-09-2003, 12:17 PM
Man, my partner ain't like that. The shuttle nearly put her over the top (well, it was more like the credit card bill the shuttle showed up on, I'd also purchased *ahem* "a couple" of comic books, right when we needed money for moving expenses). All's well that's well forgotten though, you just need to get in trouble for something else, and they forget about the $ pretty quick. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-09-2003, 04:21 PM
thanks to a website, whose name i can't remember, but is credited in the pics, here are some pics of the figures from "Return of the King" beware of 'minor spoiler' action as usual. They look fantastic too!! Gollum's base had me falling off my chair in astonishment. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-09-2003, 04:22 PM
and another. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Yup, another! :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-09-2003, 04:24 PM
more!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-09-2003, 04:24 PM
almost done.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Almost there.....(stay on target!) :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-09-2003, 04:29 PM
Ending the pics with my preciousssssssssssssssssss. :D

Brainiak76
06-09-2003, 06:26 PM
yup thats the gollum w/ wall crawling action!!!

Jargo
06-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Saw those here a few days back.

http://www.lordoftheringsguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3759

with pics of the deluxe horse sets. Search the TOYFAIR section of the site gallery and there's some lovely big pics of the Warg and Orc rider too. tell you what, here's a link.

http://207.44.204.78/photos2/showphoto.php?photo=169&papass=&sort=1&thecat=501

I noticed on the upcoming case assortments that there's a Smeagol figure listed. could be this wall crawling one or it could be a flashback Smeagol. From when he was more Hobbit like.

I feel sure there's going to be a few surprises added into the mix. There's bound to be a Shelob deluxe set. Judging by the pics from the movie that have shown up she's not that big. No bigger than a Warg really. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Wraith and Fell beast either. But that's purely speculation and wishful thinking on my part :D Could happen though. They're both pretty cool characters and sure to sell.

jpak001
06-09-2003, 08:37 PM
Oh man, I didn't even know about those pictures! It looks like the LOTR line is getting better and better with each wave, I cant wait to have these figures.

I dig 'em all, especially those Frodo & Sam in Orc armor figures, those are awesome!

Brainiak76
06-10-2003, 02:14 AM
i would rather have a fell beast rather then shelob!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-10-2003, 02:35 AM
I dunno Brainiak, Shelob is a very nifty creature, but i'd rather say "screw the Fell beast and shelob and give us a freakin' Balrog!!!" I can dream, right? :D

Jargo
06-10-2003, 07:53 AM
Me too, that prototype is so darn wicked. Huuuuuge! I guess though I'll be happy if they just keep making the figures and don't throw too many repacks out. *sigh* but this is Toybiz we're talking about...

Eomer and Aragorn look tasty though and Sam and frodo in orc armour are sweet. God knows why they resculpted gandalfs face though. have you seen it? looks like some old schoolteacher. But where's the Orcs I ask myself, lovely Orcs.......... :(

kool-aid killer
06-10-2003, 07:53 AM
JJreason, thanks for helping me with the conversion of grams to a pound back on page 44.

I cant wait for these new figures to hit the pegs. I wouldnt mind any type of beast whether it be a fell beast or the Balrog. Hopefully Toybiz will see that people would buy it if they seen it at their local toystores.

QLD
06-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Oh man, these figs look sweet!!!!!

I can't wait. Finally, a great Aragon.

Amok Time has Galadriel for $19.99....I am thinking of breaking down and getting it......

Jargo
06-12-2003, 05:46 AM
Well just got my two easterlings and guess what happens as i'm putting the shield on one? yeah his hand broke off GRRRRR :mad:
Oh well, a spot of glue will fix it but it still shouldn't have hapened. beautiful figure though. I'm mightily impressed.
Also got Eomer - not impressive, King Theoden - So-so, Rohirrim soldier - nice figure and his spear is cool but his cap not sitting right is poo, Faramir looks okay but his pose is a bit weird, Gondorian ranger looks fantastic even if he is a boring figure to some. his left hand is a little strange but over all i like Mr. gondorian.
I'm happy with my first delivery of middle earth men. :)

QLD
06-12-2003, 12:50 PM
I had heard that the Easterlings were very delicate figures.

Guess it was true.

Jargo
06-12-2003, 08:22 PM
For those that have the Elven archer, do yours have helmets that slip off his head at the slightest touch? I like the thing but it's bugging me now. I might leave it off and show his face properly instead. I only plan on getting The helms deep set with haldir to match this fellow and of course the helms deep legolas. The prologue elves just don't cpture my attention the same, or at least not enough for me to spend out on them. Hope there's more like this archer one though. Proper battling elves. :)

Any UK peeps heard anything about vivid imaginations and the Moria orc at all, is it still not being shipped to the UK? That sucks if that's true. Can't belive I might only ever have this one from the merry and Pippin pack. Too cool for words this Orc is.

Brainiak76
06-13-2003, 01:28 AM
mine is ok..but i did a repaint on the archer and i put alil dab of hot glue in the helm and put it on his head!! ( i dont really take it off neways) works great and if you ever wanna take it off you can and just take the glue off of the helm!

QLD
06-13-2003, 02:57 AM
My archers helmet falls down on his face every time I so much as sneeze. But it is a great figure!

jpak001
06-13-2003, 01:12 PM
My archer had that problem too. I just took one of those twisty wire things and wrapped it tightly around the helmet (while off the archers head) and let it sit for a few days. Took the twisy off, and now it fits tightly on his head :) . Don't know how long until it loosens back up though (if it does).

I like your idea Brainiak76, that sounds like it probably works the best. Do you repaint a lot of your LOTR figures?

Brainiak76
06-13-2003, 01:31 PM
jpak..no not really but i just wanted to make the archers paint scheme more movie acurate!! Its pretty fun you should try it!

jpak001
06-13-2003, 01:42 PM
Cool! That does look more movie acurate, excellent work!!!

jjreason
06-15-2003, 01:41 AM
That is a well done piece of work, Brainiak. Awesome.

Brainiak76
06-15-2003, 03:35 AM
THANX GUYS!

Brainiak76
06-15-2003, 03:35 AM
THANX GUYS! its not hard at al!

kool-aid killer
06-16-2003, 09:49 AM
So anybody preorder the Helms Deep 5 pack? Ive avoided buying Theoden in Armor and Helms Deep Aragorn just so i would be getting at least three new figures out of it. Should i preorder now (im going on vacation in a few days and wont be back until about July 5th or 6th) or wait until i get back?

Nice job of repainting the archer, brainiak76. He does look a lot sweeter than the one you get in the two pack.

Jargo
06-16-2003, 09:57 AM
I'm doing the same, not buying single packs if they come in a multi-pack. I'm going to pre-order it so i can get haldir to go with my Elven archer. Don't think much of Theoden in armour though but the Legolas sure looks good. Probably use the Gimli for a custom Dwarf. Aragorn is alright but there has to be a better likeness Aragorn soon.

Jayspawn
06-16-2003, 10:35 AM
I think Helm's Deep Aragorn has a pretty good likeness.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-16-2003, 10:58 AM
Hey, two questions for y'all:
1. Where is that link to pre-order that Helms deep 5 pack? I searched back a few pages and not seeing it at all.
2. Now, what is everybody still looking for? Aside from the 5-pack, i'm done w/ TTT figures. With being back with Pepsi-Cola for the summer, i stock at wal-mart, meijer and always browse the toy department, i'd be more than happy to pick some stuff up if anybody needs it. Lemme know. thanks! :D

jjreason
06-16-2003, 03:11 PM
For me it's pretty tough: Gondorian Ranger, Easterling from TTT and Witch King Ringwraith from FOTR. Im thinking loose ones on ebay may fit the bill, as they're likely pretty dry for these anywhere at retail.

Brainiak76
06-16-2003, 03:51 PM
JMG! i still need TLF! if you ever see one of these in MOC cond please pick it up for me! Ill pay top dollar! Not evilbay prices but very resonable!! LMK...THANX

QLD
06-16-2003, 04:15 PM
All I need right now is Arwen and Elrond.

Jargo
06-16-2003, 08:53 PM
I'm kinda waiting for a carded Arwen. The horsey one is cool and all but the cloth costume bothers me. Seen the movie still pic of her in the red outfit? That would look awesome as a figure. With a Rivendell Elrond to go with it.
But i might just buy her and Asfoloth anyway, in case a carded figure had a bad head sculpt. The deluxe set Arwen head sculpt looks awesome. Plus the set comes with freakazoid Frodo BONUS!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-16-2003, 10:24 PM
I think it's a matter of time before toybiz releases a Rivendell Elrond. He looks too awesome in that outfit (even though he has that wacky Neverending Story headband thing going on), but still, maybe they'll do a "Council of Elrond" deluxe set!

hear that Toybiz?!?! Deluxe "Council of Elrond" set. With Council Elrond and some of those other guys....well, maybe like Council legolas and Gandalf or Gimli. Hell, just give us Council Elrond! :D

QLD
06-17-2003, 12:37 AM
The main reason I want Arwen is to have 9 ringwraith riders chasing her and frodo!

Let's see....8 more ringwraith riders x $19.99 = :dead:

jpak001
06-17-2003, 04:18 AM
That Arwen w/Asfoloth actually is a pretty nice figure, they did a great job with her likeness on that fig. She also goes really well with the Galadriel figure. I remember when those Arwen sets were peg-warming for months.... Now the only place I see it is at frank-n-sons for $70 = ouch!

The only figure I still need is that elusive TLF.... that's a tough one....

kool-aid killer
06-17-2003, 08:17 AM
The only figures im still looking for are:

FOTR= Legolas, Frodo, Exclusive Uruk Hai
TTT= Twilight Frodo and Grishnak

Not too worried about Grishnak because i can pick him up when the two pack with the hobbit is marked down. About the Helms Deep five pack i looked on entertainment earth's website and they had something about preordering but i didnt dig much deeper and fellow forum member had a twilight frodo up for trade awhile ago but was looking for a toyfare vader. Did anybody elses Target mark down the horse and rider sets? I was able to get the Ringwraith, Gandalf, and Aragorn for $4.24 apiece awhile ago.

Jargo
06-22-2003, 08:25 PM
Wow, I'm getting close now to having a complete collection. Can't believe how much I've spent in the last couple of months. Did a trade with JJReason and got myself a couple of Moria Orcs bless him. The man is a diamond ;)

I was only going to collect a few nice pieces but with the odd exeption they're all nice pieces.

All I'm missing that I want is the ringwraith (want several more than I have), arwen, Gandalf and Aragorn horse sets, Elrond, prologue elven warrior, Galadriel and TTT carded ringwraith.
I didn't want the prologue elf at first but now I have the elven archer I do. They sort of go together.

I have a great Orc army and although a couple more Easterlings would be cool to go with them. the two i have will suffice for now.

I'm feeling pretty chuffed that I'm almost up to speed with it all so when the ROTK stuff hits retail I'll be on top of it all.

QLD
06-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Yes, thanks to JJreason, I have my prologue elven warrior!

My collection is coming along nicely as wel, though I don't have many orcs. They don't interest me as much as the other figures. Though I do have three ringwraiths now, and one twilight one.

jpak001
06-22-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I didn't want the prologue elf at first but now I have the elven archer I do. They sort of go together.

Hey Jargo, that PEW is an awesome figure. Chances are that you'll be pleasantly suprised when you finally score him and bust it open. Excellent detail, tons of accessories, and great articulation.

Only problem I could find is that he doesn't appear to have ears. I know he's got chainmail sculpted all over his head, but it doesn't look right with no bumps where the ears would be. Luckily that isn't a problem when you have his helmet on :) .

I also think it's really cool that there isn't a million different figures to get to complete this line. In fact, that's the only thing that's holding me back from going for the upcoming Armies of Middle Earth line.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-23-2003, 02:17 AM
Kool Aid- I see the single carded TTT Grishnaks warming the shelves around here. If you want one, lemme know.

Also, amazon has 17 of the Return of the King figures up for pre-order. I am a sucker and pre-ordered all of them. :D I figured that these are going to be released in Aug, and by the time they hit the shelves, i'll be back in school with no car, so what the hey?!?! Here is a link if anybody is interested. Cheers!!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=toys&field-keywords=Return%20of%20the%20King&search-type=ss&bq=1/104-1497884-7501550

Jargo
06-23-2003, 08:33 AM
I'm hoping a couple or more Prologue elves will still make it into my collection to join the 2 Elven archers and Haldir.
I agree that the PEW looks funny without his helmet. I couldn't put my finger on it but now you say about the ears it makes sense. The Elven Galadrhim archer looks really good without his helmet though.
I'd buy a whole army of these guys if i could. Sneak them past the other half. If i hadn't wanted other figures as well I definately would have bought more. Easterlings too.
I just love the formal style of the armour that also looks so unusual. We're used to seeing chainmail and platemail on armour like the Rohan stuff but the other styles are so fresh looking for fantasy without being too fantastical, if you take my meaning.

Darth Sidious
06-27-2003, 01:34 PM
Holy poo did I get a haul today! Along with the Clones and Droids Clone Wars 3-Packs I also got Armored Theoden, Mordor Sam, and Boromir and Lurtz! :eek: Boromir and Lurtz are truly awesome, I think Lurtz is probably the biggest basic figure there is. Even Lurtz's gimmick works well! Boromir's gimmick sucks but he is a great figure nonetheless. (I found it at KB; Clone Wars stuff and Sam and Theoden were at TRU.) There was also a Merry/Pippin/Moria Orc set, but I didn't buy it considering the fact that I already have a Merry, a Pippin, and a Moria Orc.

Brainiak76
06-27-2003, 03:13 PM
SWEET!! i went out today also! and nothing!! i was hoping for the clone wars stuff!

Jargo
06-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Well after sorting a sweet trade with jjreason I have 2 PEW's comin' my way. WOOHOO!!!! :D JJ really is da man. I loves him like - like - I love him. :sur: Don't try to read into that okay, I aint talkin man on man love or anything so get your minds out the gutter. :p
Just wanted to say a big public thank you to JJ. ;)

Jayspawn
06-28-2003, 06:00 PM
The Play Along figures and playsets should be out soon. They've shipped out from the warehouses overseas. I'm thinking that most stores will carry them.

I can't wait to get Isengard!

Jargo
06-28-2003, 07:40 PM
The Play Along figures and playsets should be out soon. They've shipped out from the warehouses overseas. I'm thinking that most stores will carry them.

I can't wait to get Isengard!

TB Helms deep five pack is out too. people have been finding it at retail. cool! :D

jjreason
06-28-2003, 07:52 PM
Just wanted to say a big public thank you to JJ. ;)

God Bless, Im only too happy to help - it's not like Im giving them away or anything....crikey. My only stipulation is that all people benefiting from my luck must swear an oath to the plastic gods that all figures found and sent by me must be liberated from their packaging. That's all I ask..... (oh, and a "distinctly in my favour" trade offer never hurt nobody neither). :p

You're quite welcome, Jargo (and I notice the post counts have returned - you'll be a recognized despot quite soon. How exciting. :crazed: )

jpak001
06-28-2003, 11:35 PM
The Helms deep 5 pack is definietly out, I got one today!

I haven't opened it yet, but I can already tell that Haldir is an awesome figure. I would compare it to the Elven Archer from the 2 pack. The Aragorn figure does appear to be just a tiny bit different than the single card release, he's got a few strands of hair painted on his forehead (looks a lot better IMO).

The other 3 figures appear to be the exact same as the single card versions to me (except that Gimli is missing his cloak). It is a very nice looking display piece, and I may just keep this one sealed (it is a lot smaller than the fellowship box set).

jpak001
06-29-2003, 02:52 AM
Well.... I got a little bored so I decided to take a few pics from the Helms deep to share with y'all. :)

Here's a close up of Haldir. I know you cant really see it in the pic, but he does come with a helmet too. It's very similar to the elven archer's helmet:

jpak001
06-29-2003, 02:56 AM
Ok, here's a pic of the new & improved Helms Deep Aragorn. I think the hair strands add to his likeness a lot for some reason:

Jayspawn
06-29-2003, 09:42 AM
:eek: Well WHERE are people getting the Helm's Deep 5pack at??? How much is it?

QLD
06-29-2003, 10:43 AM
JJReason got me my PEW as well!

What a guy!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-29-2003, 01:58 PM
I concure with Jayspawn, where are people getting the Helms deep packs at?!? I haven't seen them yet. Are they exclusive to a certain store or ?!??! Info por favor!! :D

jpak001
06-29-2003, 03:12 PM
Oh yeah, sorry 'bout that! :crazed:

I didn't find mine at a retail store unfortunately. I got mine at frank-n-sons. Paid $45 for it, which is really too much IMO (but I just had to have that Haldir...). Most other booths were selling them for $50.

I'm not sure what stores they're showing up at yet (I cant find jack at retail these days).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-30-2003, 01:24 AM
I read at the GD.com that TRU on the west coast have been recieving the Helms deep 5-pack. Word has also arrived that they reached warehouses in the mid-west, so it should be nationwide in the next week. Time to start calling my local Dayton TRU's :D

jjreason
07-01-2003, 12:14 AM
Ok, here's a pic of the new & improved Helms Deep Aragorn. I think the hair strands add to his likeness a lot for some reason:

I think that looks like a whole new head??? The shape looks more normal than the overly-angular HD Aragorns I've seen (and passed on). Haldir is just awesome, from those pics. I think Im sold on this set....I'll have to put a couple of the extra figs up for sale on ebay once I get it. Hopefully it will show up at our TRU as well.

Jargo
07-01-2003, 09:04 AM
That pic of Aragorn there makes him look Jesus on the Turin shroud :D

jpak001
07-03-2003, 12:50 AM
Hey, the FOTR two packs have been showing up on clearance at my local KB's this week.

So far I've found all four at $8.99 each! If you're looking for any of these it might be worthwile to check your local KB. :)

Here's to hoping that the Elrond wave and FOTR horse sets show up on KB clearance too!

Jayspawn
07-03-2003, 11:38 AM
Yeah, those FOTR 2-packs have been showing up on clearence off and on for a while now. Good prices too! There's been no sign of Elrond yet- but he's the only one I need so I hope he shows sometime.

Bosskman
07-04-2003, 10:47 PM
I wonder when the Helm's Deep set will turn up in Canada. We've gotten everything else........

jjreason
07-05-2003, 05:52 PM
I checked my TRU yesterday, still not here yet. They did have a fresh case of the army wave though, and it was all I could do to pass on a couple more black Ring Wraiths w cloth capes. I love that figure. I'll be checking a couple of times a week until that set shows up, with any luck there'll be something soon.

Figurestasher
07-06-2003, 01:25 PM
There is a lot of TTT and FOTR in my area now. The TRUs near me in southern California have a lot of the Helms Deep Sets so I'm sure other places will get alot of them as well in time. I am still having trouble finding the TWL Frodo and the Smeagol though, even the Series 4 is hitting all the stores in mass.

Jargo
07-06-2003, 08:38 PM
Everyone is having trouble finding TWL Frodo. He's a chase figure, so very HTF. Can't see what all the fuss is about myself. I don't rate it very high on the must have list. Just a lump of clear plastic. That's a lot of money to pay for something that isn't even painted.
My personal HTF is Elrond and Galadriel. Wish I'd bought her when I saw her. Arwen and Asfoloth too. Strange how the Elves have seduced me. Hated them at first and now I can't get my hands on them fast enough. peculiar.....

Figurestasher
07-07-2003, 12:34 AM
Yeah TWL Frodo is every 10 cases or more, probably more like every 15-25 cases, as I have been through many cases of series 4 and still none. That little bastard is just a clear little Hobbit anyways so if I can't find him in retail I will not end up putting him in the collection.

jpak001
07-07-2003, 01:13 AM
Yeah...... that damned Twilight Frodo..... The main reason I want him is 'cause it's the only LOTR I don't have. I know it's sad, but it's true. Though he does look pretty cool in the package IMO (with the eye of Sauron behind him, neat-o).

I've got a feeling my girlfriend might get me one from ebay as an anniversary gift! :) :) :D I will be one happy dude!

btw: I saw some of those new Armies Of Middle Earth figures this weekend. Pretty neat... Would've gotten a few, but I'm trying to resist this new line.......

jjreason
07-07-2003, 02:23 AM
btw: I saw some of those new Armies Of Middle Earth figures this weekend. Pretty neat... Would've gotten a few, but I'm trying to resist this new line.......

Oooooohhhh, are those the tiny ones?? I love the Khazad Dun bridge, as I posted above. If these look great, I may have to move my small collection of Toy Biz on ebay to make a little money for these smaller sets. I like dioramas, and do little active play so for me, getting more into smaller space is what it's all about. I'll have to see them first though *imagines a few Warg w Riders battling mounted Rohorrim*...... they might be the new ticket.

Jayspawn
07-07-2003, 10:31 AM
What store did you see the Armies of Middle Earth at jpak001? What were the prices like?