PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings figures

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

kool-aid killer
09-21-2003, 03:05 PM
I went to a KB and TRU today and between the two i seen three Crossbow Uruk Hais. I picked two of them up but one had pigeon toes. Anybody know if that can be straightened out easily or is it really no big deal, just how they packaged him? I like his helmet, very cool looking. The detail on the figure isnt bad either.

Jayspawn
09-23-2003, 08:52 PM
No Cross Bow Hais yet but I did see Prologue Bilbo for the 1st time in person with a bunch of SP Gollums at Target. I passed only because I have him and Elrond coming from KB in the mail in a few days.

Brainiak76
09-24-2003, 12:21 AM
JJ im relly interested in the theoden in armor, HD aragorn, and strider! LMK how much each or if you can hook me up w/ a deal or something!! THANX PM me..

jjreason
09-24-2003, 12:46 PM
You have been PM'd! I put Prologue Bilbo on layaway at TRU yesterday, 2nd time I've been in there, and no one had picked him up yet. The pkg is a little beat up which likely explains that. I wasn't too keen on him in the beginning, but looking at my little display of Hobbitses, they needed Bilbo there for guidance. :D

I'll be checking into "Toy Spenders Anonymous" this time next week......

Jayspawn
09-25-2003, 12:21 AM
I'll be seeing you at the next meeting then jjreason! I walked into KB this afternoon to find Eowyn in Armor, Gandalf the Very White and Crossbow Hais! I picked up the Crossbow Hai -what a great looking figure! He might make my favorite LOTR figure list.

Speaking of that, and I've asked it before of the LOTR Guide site but I'd like to ask it here. What are our favorite LOTR figures? Say like your Top 5 or 10.

I'll post mine soon. :evil:

jpak001
09-25-2003, 12:53 AM
I'm definitely in that club... I just can't resist any new ToyBiz LOTR I see. I buy it no matter what it looks like. It's borderlining obsession, probably unhealthy too ;)

I got the Crossbow Uruk today too, and this really is one sweet figure, He definitely makes my top 10. I would list only 5, but there are so many great ones. This list is just off the top of my head, so I may change my opinion as I start looking at & remembering my stuff:

1) Sauron
2) Treebeard
3) Rohan Armor Legolas
4) Haldir
5) Prolog Elven Warrior
6) Crossbow Uruk Hai
7) Armored Eowyn
8) Warg w/Sharku
9) Gimli (from the FOTR 2pack w/Uruk)
10) Travelling Bilbo

I don't know, it's a tough thing to decide, but those ones do stand out in my mind immediately. I do love all the horse & rider sets, and the orc armored hobbits are just awesome as well. Hell, I love all of 'em (even the height challenged Eomers)!

Jayspawn
09-25-2003, 08:57 AM
Here's mine...

1. Haldir
2. Legolas (TTT)
3. Prologue Elf
4. Elvyn Archer
5. Crossbow Urk-Hai
6. Gimli (from FOTR 2-pack)
7. Gangalf the White w/ Shadowfax
8. Saruman (because I love Christopher Lee!)
9. 18" Treebeard
10. Pelenor Fields Aragorn

*Interesting how my 1st 4 are Elves.

jjreason
09-25-2003, 06:15 PM
Is the 2 pack Gimli any different than the other ones? I have 2 - one from the FOTR 9 pack, and one from the Helm's Deep set, and they're identical. How does the one from the 2 pack differ?

Here's my list (mind you, I don't have nearly one of every figure to choose from)

1. Gimli - axe throwing action, from 9 pack or Helm's Deep set.
2. Legolas in Rohan Armor
3. Faramir
4. Prologue Elf
5. Haldir
6. Easterling
7. Elven Archer

The rest are good, but not up to the standard set by these ones.

Brainiak76
09-25-2003, 06:18 PM
a cape and maybe a few axes! thats about it!

RooJay
09-25-2003, 08:12 PM
Here's my list:

1- Prologue Elf
2- King Theoden in Armor
3- Treebeard
4- Sauron
5- Helm's Deep Legolas
6- Haldir
7- Eomer
8- Elrond
9- Gandalf the White
10- Grishnahk

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-25-2003, 10:24 PM
KB Toys has a slew of new figures in: Gandalf the White, Aragorn SP, Eowyn in Armor and a few more. I don't have a link handy, as i'm ordering them on the other window, but still, head over there and search for "Return of the King" Cheers! :D

jpak001
09-26-2003, 12:13 AM
I just found a fresh display of ROTK at KB toys in Santa Ana today :D . The salesguy said he had just stocked and I was the first to go at 'em! Sweet! I scored a Gandalf the White, 2nd Crossbow Uruk, & Eowyn.

There were 2 GTW's, 2 Eowyn's, 2 Prologue Bilbo, 3 Crossbow Uruk's, and a whole mess of Gollums, Aragorns, Armored Eowyn's , etc. Check your KB's!

Brainiak76
09-26-2003, 12:57 AM
KB up north are pretty bare!! nothing but the left over CRAP!!

went on a small run yesterday and NOTHING!!! i still need cb uruk adn armored eowyn!!

kool-aid killer
09-26-2003, 08:05 AM
I would have to say my top five figures are:

Witchking Ringwraith
Sauron
Easterling
Crossbow Uruk Hai
Rohan soldier

though most of Toybiz's LOTR figures have been awesome in my opinion. Im going on a run later today so hopefully i find something good.

Jayspawn
09-27-2003, 10:16 AM
Hey! My Prologue Bilbo and Elrond arrived from KBtoys.com today. They wern't by anymeans mint and they had stickers all over them. But thats ok, cause I just bust em open anyways. Great figures!

I never thought Elrond was all the great of a figure back in the day when I passed on him, but now that I have him, he's pretty cool!

figrin bran
09-27-2003, 06:15 PM
yes, definitely check those KB's. i got an armored eowyn today.

mace78
09-29-2003, 08:59 PM
Hi. I was actually wondering if anyone had an extra BK Uruk-hai. He's the last figure I need to be completely caught up. Thanks

Jayspawn
09-30-2003, 09:10 AM
I don't know, those BK Urk-Hais are hard to come by. I sent out for one and got a Lurtz in the mail. Haha. Well at least they care!

TheDarthVader
09-30-2003, 04:45 PM
Yeah, those BK Uruk Hais are rare. I do not have one and have no interest in paying $50++ to get one. I am not a completist anyway!
Good luck finding him!

Beast
10-01-2003, 02:34 AM
I don't collect the line, but I figured I'd pass on the news when I saw it over at Action-Figure.com. Here's what Wave 4 and 5 will consist of. These waves are scheduled for release January 2004. :)

Entertainment Earth reveals details of the proposed line ups for Return of the King Series 4 and 5, due out early next year...

Return of the King Series 4 - January 2004

To commemorate the release of the final film in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Return of the King, Toy Biz introduces 6 inch action figures! This case of 12 individually packaged action figures includes:

6x King Aragorn
2x Pippin in Armor
2x harad Archer
2x Legolas.

QUANTITIES AND FIIGURE MIX IS LIKELY TO CHANGE

Return of the King Series 5 - January 2004

To commemorate the release of the final film in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Return of the King, Toy Biz introduces 6 inch action figures! This case of 12 individually packaged action figures includes:

2x King of the Dead
2x Faramir
2x Merry in Armor
2x King of the Dead (Glow in the Dark)
4x Witchking in Armor.

QUANTITIES AND FIIGURE MIX IS LIKELY TO CHANGE.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-01-2003, 06:44 AM
Ah, thanks for the info, JJB! :D

Frankly, i CANNOT wait to see the King of the Dead. Holy Lord, that should be an awesome figure! :)

kool-aid killer
10-01-2003, 10:44 AM
I hope those case assortments stay that way so that there arent any shortpacked figures we have to go chasing after.

Yeah good luck finding a BK Uruk Hai, ive been trying forever to get one with no luck (yet at least) but i have noticed the prices on ebay seem to be going down a little so that may be my best bet yet.

mace78
10-01-2003, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement on the BK Uruk. I'll check out ebay. I also have heard the the 11 1/2" Gollum is hitting TRU in southern CA.

kool-aid killer
10-01-2003, 11:44 AM
(At this moment kool-aid's brain cells are trying to formulate a sad excuse that will prevent mace78 from using ebay and possibly snatching one away from him)

Umm...I...Uhhhh...I mean yeah i uh...just checked and uh...they all went over a hundred...so uhh...you may want to...leave ebay alone, i mean hold off...on uhhh...bidding anytime soon. OK?

(kool-aid pats himself on the back thinking that worked)

No, but really i hope you are able to find one at a cheap price.

jjreason
10-01-2003, 04:24 PM
My comic store had a nice new alottment of LOTR stuff today, Armored Troll, Aragorn in Blue Armor with Steed, Sharku with Warg, and a selection of Aragorn and Legolas 12" figures. The Blue Armor on Aragorn was pretty sweet, but again he was lacking in terms of face sculpt. The shrieking warrior face a la original Eomer wasn't doing it for me on this figure. Beautiful use of soft goods, though.

Jayspawn
10-01-2003, 06:40 PM
I saw Legolas and King Aragorn w/ Horses at TRU this afternoon. Looks very cool! Brego looks great with the Gondorian battle wear on.

jpak001
10-01-2003, 09:29 PM
That's cool, you guys are getting the armored Trolls huh? I can't wait to score one of those bad boys. :)

The horse & rider sets are great with one exception.... That Aragorn figure just blows.. Horrible likeness, and if you thought Eomer seemed a bit too short, check out the legs on this guy! Just awful, the only really good things about the Aragorn are the soft goods (which are very well done), and his weapons. Narsdil (SP?) looks much better than the one that came with super poseable Aragorn, and his dagger doesn't have that rediculously huge handle.

I bought one, ditched the pack-in Aragorn, and put the super poseable Aragorn on the horse. Here's a pic if anyones interested in seeing. It really does look way better than with the pack in Aragorn:

The second pic is just for fun. McF makes a cool figure that can easily be passed off as a Warg Rider (I wasn't satisfied with only one Warg & Rider :crazed: ). The spear is from a clearanced Scorpion King figure.

What do you folks think?

Brainiak76
10-01-2003, 09:37 PM
whoa that looks pretty dope!! whatd u do w/ the rider aragorn?

jpak001
10-01-2003, 09:41 PM
Heh, he's sitting in a pile of castaway figures. It's kinda like the "island of misfit toys" in my office.

Sad really........ especially in my girlfreinds opinion ;) But then again, I could give her a hard time about her "island of misfit makeup, or clothes" Ha Ha!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-01-2003, 10:05 PM
(mike looks at the pic of Aragorn w/ Brego and begins to recite Aragorns speech from the ROTK trailer) Yeah, it's that bad; thats' how many times i've watched it! :D

Those look really really good, Jpak!! I"m also glad to see that those Scorpion King figures FINALLY proved their worth: providing accessories for much superior figures!! :) The other figure on the warg, what line is he from? He looks very LOTR like!! I like to think he's one of those cheap rip off lines of figures you see when figures get hot. LIke he's from the "Ruler of the Rings" line from toyblitz or something kooky like that! :p

I am VERY pleased with this line so far. I ordered some Eowyn in armor and an extra gandalf and they arrived yesterday. Gandalf is hovering on the bookcase above my computer right now..hehehehehehe I just glance up and immediately get giddy for this line and film!! Now, if only a Shelob and damned Balrog figure would get released, this line could possibly become my favorite line ever.....before the Ep III figures in 2005 of course! :D

jpak001
10-01-2003, 10:29 PM
(mike looks at the pic of Aragorn w/ Brego and begins to recite Aragorns speech from the ROTK trailer) Yeah, it's that bad; thats' how many times i've watched it! :D

Those look really really good, Jpak!! I"m also glad to see that those Scorpion King figures FINALLY proved their worth: providing accessories for much superior figures!! :) The other figure on the warg, what line is he from? He looks very LOTR like!! I like to think he's one of those cheap rip off lines of figures you see when figures get hot. LIke he's from the "Ruler of the Rings" line from toyblitz or something kooky like that! :p

Yo JMG, thanks!

Yeah man, I'm obsessed w/LOTR also.... My GF keeps giving me a hard time 'cause I keep watching the flicks (I just don't get tired of these flicks!), buying the toys, & reading the books (About halfway through the Hobbit right now).

That other figure is from McFarlane's "The Viking Age" line. He's the resculpted/repainted "Berserker the Troll". I'm always on the hunt for Orc fodder from other lines, ToyBiz just hasn't made enough orcs IMO. :D

Jayspawn
10-01-2003, 11:51 PM
I'm reading The Two Towers now, I've passed the point where the movie ends. Almost done!

TheDarthVader
10-02-2003, 02:04 PM
I have been reading The Hobbit as well. It has been a great book so far! I am on page 102. I hope Peter Jackson makes The Hobbit into a movie. It could be the prequel to FOTR!! Does anyone else want to see this happen besides me??

I found the 11" talking Gollum at TRU yesterday. I played with him because he has "try me" buttons. The best line is when he sings the "fish song". So cool! I want one but retail is $19.99 at TRU. I'd rather have Sauron. I am going to buy him one day (Sauron).

ThomasLane
10-02-2003, 04:42 PM
I have been reading The Hobbit as well. It has been a great book so far! I am on page 102. I hope Peter Jackson makes The Hobbit into a movie. It could be the prequel to FOTR!! Does anyone else want to see this happen besides me??

I think pretty much everyone would like to see it happen, but I don't think it will happen any time soon. From reading interviews, it would seem PJ is a bit burned out on LOTR for now (who can blame him!). I'm simultaneously excited and bummed about ROTK in Dec. Once it's done, no more Lord of the Rings movies to look forward to.

At least we'll still have Star Wars, though I'm mostly just looking forward to getting the dang thing over with.

mace78
10-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Mew Line recently announced that they had the rights to The Hobbit, but they don't know if Peter Jackson will be directing it yet

Jayspawn
10-02-2003, 10:45 PM
As far as a Hobbit movie goes, if they can't get Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving or Ian Holm to come back, don't even bother.

Anyways, I saw the AOME Riders Series 2 at Target today!

jjreason
10-03-2003, 01:51 AM
I don't know, I think there'd be many possible uses for the license. A good new animated version might go over well, a live action movie certainly would (though as posted above, might meet with some animosity if the cast couldn't/wouldn't do it), as would a made for TV miniseries I think - provided it was handled properly (ie by HBO).

Jayspawn
10-03-2003, 08:47 AM
Oh! How could I forget? I found a couple of cases of 11" Talking Gollum at Media Play last night. He's $21.99 and comes with both Gollum/Smegol heads as well as a rock base and fish. Theres 2 buttons on either side of the base- one for Gollum and the other for Smegol phrases. Both say a LOT including Gollum's fishing song. Thus is a must buy! I know I'm going to get one- but I'm fighting the urge.

TheDarthVader
10-03-2003, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I recently found out that New Line has the license. Hmmm...wonder if PJ will end up doing it or not. I guess only time will tell.

jpak001
10-05-2003, 01:47 AM
Hey! I got one of those talking Gollums yesterday, very cool! I was convinced that I wasn't going to buy one of these since it's not in scale with any other LOTR figures. But when I had it in front of me, I just couldn't resist. It was just too damn cool to pass up. Found at TRU for $19.99. They also had the 11" rotocast Legolas & Aragorn figures for $9.99. These look nice, I may get some just to swap the heads with the 12" ToyBiz figures. These roto's have great likeness, but the previous 12er's really sucked IMO.

Also got a few of wave 2 AOME horse/rider figs at Target.... another line that I wasn't going to buy. But like I said before, just can't seem to resist any new LOTR :crazed: .

Today I found 2 Elronds at KB for the low price of $5.99. Sweet!! Check those KB's!

Last bit-o-news, here's a link to a supposed pic of the Armored Witchking. Although I'm not really convinced it's legit, anyone know for sure?

http://popcornlive.co.uk/prodpage.asp?ProdID=4241

kool-aid killer
10-05-2003, 02:08 PM
It looks like a costume to me. I was able to pick up a Prolouge Bilbo today. I wish he came with a few more accesories, hes kind of a boring figure IMO. I do think we will see a Hobbit in one format (movie, tv series) someday. I think its money in the bank if done right and no movie studio on Earth would pass that up.

Brainiak76
10-05-2003, 04:28 PM
i think its fake!! and i read on another board that its a doctored photo of the sauron fig!!

jpak001
10-05-2003, 05:02 PM
Well I hope it's fake....... It really doesn't look as cool as I invisioned it.

It does bear a heavy resembelance to the Sauron figure too, I hope your right!

Jayspawn
10-06-2003, 09:38 AM
I picked up AOME Legolas & Gimli on Houseback. Very cool! They actually come off the horse too! I'm really looking forward to that Elf set w/ Haldir and the Hobbit set w/ Boromir.

jonthejedi
10-06-2003, 03:54 PM
Went into my local WalMart looking for new Star Wars(none)...and found ROTK pkg. Urak Hai w/crossbow. Awesome!

jpak001
10-06-2003, 09:43 PM
That AOME legolas/gimli horse is great! I got that one, and the wraith #2 & Warg #2. All 3 have removeable riders, so I'm betting that the Rohan horse set does too.

I also caved in and bought the Moria environment (spending way to much on this stuff...). This thing looks great in person. Much better than the picture on the box, especially the Balrog. His flames & whip are actually a orange/yellow clear plastic (not the pasty yellow pictured on the box). And it appears to me that he has better paint detail on his body as well.

Here's a few pics:

Brainiak76
10-07-2003, 02:11 AM
whoa the balrog does look alot better then the box and nice pics BTW!!

neways i totally thought that the balrog had legs and was removable but hes not right? that sux big time!!!!!

jonthejedi
10-07-2003, 04:19 PM
Saw Armored Cave Troll by Toy Biz at Ellicott City, MD TOys R Us. Nice detail on added costume, same old troll in new blue box. NO price marked, though..I passed for now.

aceguide
10-08-2003, 10:30 AM
Definitely more interested in the Blarog now that I've seen those pictures. I do wich they had made the entire figure and not cut him into chunks...

jonthejedi
10-08-2003, 02:43 PM
I know it's(he's) not to scale with anything...but talking Smeagol/Gollum rules. Good price point at 19.99 at Toys R Us!

jpak001
10-09-2003, 12:46 AM
Yeah... it does kinda suck that the Balrog isn't the full figure. But I don't really play with this stuff anyway, it just sits on display and looks neat! You can't see it in the pic, but the 4 Moria orcs are waiting below those stairs for the poor little hobbits.

I'm just glad the upcoming Osgoliath playset has a full Fell Beast figure. Can't wait to score that one. Who knows, maybe PlayAlong will release a full Balrog someday (being optimistic here...). Or better yet, we'll get a ToyBiz Balrog (being extremely optimistic!).

jjreason
10-09-2003, 03:31 AM
I got Elrond and the Pellenor Fields Aragorn from Kool Aid, very cool. I was surprised by Elrond (guess I'd never looked up pics) being in his warrior garb. I always figured he be in the robes from FOTR. Much better the way he is! Aragorn's face still needs work, but this is the best figure of him by far - to date.

Jayspawn
10-09-2003, 06:21 PM
I picked up the AOME Elf 3-pack today at Targtet. One of them being Haldir- awesome set! They also had the Boromir, Merry and Pippin set but Haldir won out.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-09-2003, 06:41 PM
I agree JJR, that is the best Aragorn figure to date. I do think that they should releae that Amon Hen Aragorn, cos he looked downright AWESOME. But i guess we'll see that one when we see the Brute orc, wildman and Balrog, eh? :rolleyes:

kool-aid killer
10-09-2003, 08:46 PM
The Orc Brute, Wildman and Balrog would rock, i just dont understand why Toybiz wont do them. I seen a list of other figures that had been planned but were eventually axed on the LOTRGuide.com a couple of days ago and it depressed me to see how many awesome figures have been passed on.

Jayspawn
10-10-2003, 09:33 AM
I want them to make an exclusive of JP from "Fellowship." They could sell him through the Fan Club and he could come with his carrot!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Jayspawn- JP?? who??? I know you're going to tell me and then i'm going to feel completely stupid about asking who it is. :D

EXTRAS:
K, i'm home for the weekend and have a few extra figures if anybody needs them.

Uruk Hai W/ Crossbow- 2 left
Prologue bilbo- Now, i have one coming in from amazon in the coming weeks, so if anybody wants dibs, let me know. I can't promise what condition he'll be in though.
Eowyn (edoras)- 2

If anybody wants these, please let me know ASAP. If i don't hear anything by monday, i'm going to return the 2 uruks and cancel the extra bilbo. Cheers!! :D

kool-aid killer
10-10-2003, 08:40 PM
JMG, have you ever considered joining LOTRguide.com or are you already a member? If you arent, you may want to try trading over there. For being a smaller forum it seems to have lots of trades happening.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-10-2003, 09:19 PM
Kool Aid- Nah, i haven't looked into it. If you're a member and wanna post about a guy over here who has figs for sale/trade (need a MOC ROTK Gandalf) i'd appreciate it. ;)

sicqnus
10-11-2003, 09:20 AM
After the ToyBiz "Deluxe Cave Troll" and "Deluxe Sauron"...

In the case you haven't seen them yet.
Maybe you should be pleased to see the pictures of the ToyBiz 6" line - Deluxe Balrog prototype.
If yes, please don't blame me. I was too lazy too check all the previous posts...
Pricepoint : $25 - 30
Electronic with light-up effects (fire, eyes, etc...).
No release date yet.

I want one... :crazed:

Sicqnus

jjreason
10-11-2003, 12:48 PM
I would be all over one of those like Natalie Portman on DeadEye. :D

kool-aid killer
10-11-2003, 01:02 PM
The Balrog would be awesome if done right. I think the amount they produce would have to be very limited to keep it from pegwarming like Treebeard. Big toys dont seem to do very well regardless of what line they are from.

jpak001
10-11-2003, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I think we all want that ToyBiz Balrog pretty badly! I believe that pic is of the second prototype ToyBiz produced. They made the electronic one first and pitched it to retail companies. No one would order enough to justify production because of the high price point. Also, the deluxe cave trolls were pegwarming at that time, so that was another nail in it's coffin.

So they made the second one. No electronics made it cheaper, but the retail companies still wouldn't order enough for production :dead: .

There is still hope though. Jesse Falcon of Toybiz is going to release new info on the Balrog in his next interview over at figures.com. Hopefully it's going to be good news!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-11-2003, 01:44 PM
I know, if that thing got clearance to made into an actual product available to customers, this could pave the way for an Oliphaunt and oh lord, my lips just drool at the thought....a fell beast...w/ ringwraith! ohhhhhhh, momma! :D

Kool Aid- thanks for the tip about LOTR guide. I posted and already have buyers! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-14-2003, 04:42 PM
Hey, past peeps to whom i've hooked up, now is your time to hook me up!! ahhhhhh!!! I need a MOC ROTK GAndalf. If anybody can help, i'd be must appreciative. Thanks!!

Also, i picked up the Armored Cave Troll this past weekend; its' awesome!! Also, saw the Talking Gollum; nearly spent the 20 bucks to buy it!! :D

jpak001
10-14-2003, 08:05 PM
JMG,
If I find another one, I'll grab it for ya!

Armored Troll is pretty damn cool! I always get a laugh out of the packaging though = "chain slamming, chain jabbing action". LOL = I didn't know you could jab with a chain! :D :D :crazed:

I also picked up all four of the new AOME 3-packs, and the convention exclusive AOME Twilight Frodo 3-pack. Very cool! I think I'll actually be leaving the TWF set in the package... looks pretty cool with the wraiths next to him IMO :cool:

TheDarthVader
10-14-2003, 10:02 PM
I, too, would buy a Balrog. I hope that prototype makes it into production. If I find a Gandalf, I will let you know!

jpak001
10-15-2003, 01:15 AM
Yo JMG,
I just noticed that KB.com has some of those GTW's in stock right now. Check it out bro:

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/2419499/ctid/17/ls/default

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-15-2003, 04:34 PM
thanks for the link, Jpak, but...this sounds hella nerdy, but KB ships their stuff HELLA POORLY as of lately and i want one to keep MOC. lol Yeah, i' m jacka--. I'm keeping my eyes on amazon and have them notifying me when they get more in. See, i had one on order, but my dad said he found one for me. So, i cancelled it and later ordered one from KB toys to open. Got home last weekend and saw that dad got a TTT Gandalf; D'oh!! I told him i appreciated his effort, but he had let me down. lol He said, "Eh, tough luck!" and we both chuckled. But yeah, so there you have it. Thanks! :D

jpak001
10-15-2003, 08:07 PM
thanks for the link, Jpak, but...this sounds hella nerdy, but KB ships their stuff HELLA POORLY as of lately and i want one to keep MOC. :D

Yeah man, if you want a MOMC figure, KB.com is not the way to go. I can attest to that :rolleyes:

I'll keep an eye out for ya dude!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-15-2003, 08:38 PM
Thanks JPak! Any figures you need that i could keep my eyes open for??? I only have the one wal-mart, but i mean, i'm quick when new figures pop up on sites and stuff.

Cheap, but hey, i can help when i can. :D

Edit: Amazon has Gandalf back up for sale. Yeah, good thing that their automatic e-mail thing DIDN'T tell me they were back in stock. Stupid amazon! Thanks Jpak!! Still, lemme know if i can help you!

Jayspawn
10-17-2003, 09:28 AM
I found more AOME Series 2 at Target yesterday. They had...

Boromir, Merry, Pippin
Haldir, and 2 Elves
Urk Hais

jjreason
10-20-2003, 12:35 AM
How'd they look? That elf set sounds pretty cool, were the other 2 archers (to be used with the Helm's Deep set)? That would make the most sense. It'll be nice to see the second wave of these arrive up here.

Jayspawn
10-20-2003, 09:45 AM
All of them look cool. Boromir looks a little funny. The Elf 3-pack w/ Haldir is one od the best. I just wish I could buy more elves. The Urk-Hai packs are neat. One has Snaga and Ugluk and a generic Hai, the other pack has Grishnash holding Snaga's head along with 2 other Hai. The Rohan Soldier on Howseback is neat, he's holding one of those huge lances at his side. And Legolas and Gimli on Horseback is the coolest.

jjreason
10-20-2003, 11:26 PM
We've been kind of lucky up here. I haven't read about this anywhere else, but we can actually get single-carded versions of 10 of the 12 figures offered in the first wave of 3 packs at WalMart up here. With any luck, the elves will be available that way as well, so I can buy one 3 pack with a few extras to flank Haldir.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-30-2003, 03:57 PM
So, yeah, i checked the ship date on my LOTR: ROTK figures from amazon and they're up to October 15, 2004? WTF is this!!! I hate you amazon!!!

Anybody elses do this too?!?!

Nothing new here....i'll be home in a few weeks and maybe i'll find these figures so I can cancel my amazon crap. :D

Brainiak76
10-30-2003, 04:02 PM
found the armored cave troll at TRU today! nothing else new!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-31-2003, 10:07 AM
Well, new pics of the packaging and whatnot have been found. I don't know what to make of the new packaging and whatnot; i think it looks cheap and bland. The figures look pretty good. Legolas looks to be sort of a rehash, but varied slightly. We'll see...pics contain spoilers, so look at your own risk.

Here is a release date (tentative, of course) for some of these new Trilogy figures.

LOTR TRILOGY ROTK, Series 1 (Jan 2004)

6x King Aragorn,
2x Pippin in Armor,
2x harad Archer,
2x Legolas

LOTR TRILOGY ROTK Series 2 (Jan 2004)

2x King of the Dead,
2x Faramir,
2x Merry in Armor,
2x King of the Dead (Glow in the Dark),
4x Witchking in Armor

Frankly, i'm getting confused on what's the ROTK Line and what's Trilogy and whatnot. From what i understand, the beginning of these new packaging styles IS THE BEGINNING of the "Trilogy" line. I guess it is a good idea to make new packaging to distinguish the lines of ROTK and Trilogy, but i already miss the ole' timey boxes. enjoy!

kool-aid killer
10-31-2003, 10:32 AM
Im not a fan of the new package. It looks very cheap compared to the old package. I like the photos a lot. The Harad Archer and Pippen look solid. Im going to skip on Legolas but the Aragorn looks like they got his face right. Another good thing to see is that it doesnt look like there will be any short packed figures. Thankfully i dont see another Gollum figure in the lineup.

So how do you think this line will fare after the movie? Do you see it going on for a year or so after or do you think that in under a years time it will lose interest and be cancelled?

Brainiak76
10-31-2003, 02:38 PM
another thing is that some people are saying that Tb is doin this so they can make these figs cheaper!! Like 5.99 per!!! I mena this is great news but it seems like TB is jsut doin this to maximize there shelf space (prob to put more repacks and more peg warmers) But i dunno will have to wait and see!!

luv the look of these new figs and cant wait to get em(except ANOTHER REPACK LEGO, sorta)!! But as a MOMC i dont really like the new packages!! Looks like a whole diff line of figs!

jjreason
10-31-2003, 03:30 PM
I don't mind the new pkg (because I open everything) and that Aragorn as the King figure is flawless. I'll be very happy to finally own what looks to be a good likeness of Viggo. Took em long enough.

Turambar
11-02-2003, 01:58 PM
I've often thought about getting into the LOTR 12" figures, but then I saw the roto 11" figures which look better IMO even though the packaging is awful and they are less expensive. Does anyone have any info on which is the better figure and why the rotos are cheaper?

Jayspawn
11-03-2003, 09:52 AM
The Rotos are cheaper because they are a tad smaller and dont contain any of the cloth used in making the 12" figures- making them a lot cheaper.

I'm not big on the Rotos myself, just imagine if Sideshow made LOTR 12" figures! I've not bought any of the 12" though the Wraith was cool looking.

TheDarthVader
11-05-2003, 06:39 PM
I like the old packaging better. The new packaging is "o.k." :rolleyes:
I might have to pass on the Legolas...looks like HD Legolas!! Is it???
The other figures look cool. I'll have to get them when I see them! The archer looks the best. Here's to hoping that the price will go to $5.99!!!

Jayspawn
11-07-2003, 09:32 PM
One of my KBs just got in a case of Two Towers figures on clearence for $5.99 including several Prologue Elves and Galadriels. Keep an eye on those KBs for any youy might have missed. Just in case any Twilight Frodos happen too show.

jjreason
11-08-2003, 06:30 PM
My TRU put out a large selection of TTT stuff about a wek ago as well, I finally saw Galadriel at retail for the first time (but passed anyway). They had at least 3 Berzerker/Archer 2 packs as well, but they were all gone when I went back. No Twilight Frodo to speak of. These were all put out with the newer selection of ROTK figures, which at my store included the first appearances of Crossbow Uruk (huge), Armored Eowyn and (better late than never) the Armored Hobbits wave with the toys pictured on the packages. I think we're nearly caught up now.

aceguide
11-12-2003, 09:17 AM
My KB has all LOTR and TTT figs discounted to 5.99. Why aren't otherstores doing that? Seems like KB is moving them with all the new stuff they keep putting out.

RooJay
11-17-2003, 03:45 PM
I made a trip to Gamestop this past friday, and noticed that they had all of their first release AOME three-packs (and presumably the horse and rider sets as well, although there were none left by the time I got there) discounted to $2.99 each! Since I actually started my collection late, I went ahead and picked up all but the Soldiers of Rohan set for only about ten bucks after tax! Awesome deal, if ya ask me! I'll be going back when I get paid to pick up more if there are any left. These things are frikkin' incredible!
My brother also tells me that he saw the Sauron/Elendil/Isildur three-pack at Target last week. That's the one I was actually searching for when I made the Gamestop find!

TheDarthVader
11-17-2003, 05:06 PM
On the $5.99 thing, I was refering to brand new figures. I heard the price might go to $5.99. Wal Mart's price is roughly $6.99, TRU is $8.99, kb is $9.99, and target is $6.99. I heard that these prices might go to $5.99 when the figures in the brand new package come around.

jjreason
11-18-2003, 05:42 PM
My WalMart continues to astound and amaze, today I found another full case of Armored Theoden/Sam in Mordor figures from TTT (with no Twilight Frodo's of course). They also had Helm's Deep 5 packs, which I thought was supposed to be a TRU exclusive. Last but not least they had a large box of AOME figures all together for 34.99. It included Aragorn and Gandalf mounted figures, a battering ram and assorted other soldiers to do battle with. Big savings for the money I think, but I'll need to look at it more closely next time I go.

My TRU is having a 9.99 sale on the basic figures, but there weren't any I can't wait to get. Armored Eowyn and Prologue Bilbo were both there, 3 of each. No rush. The rest of the ROTK stuff I've seen hasn't really been blowing me away to the point where I have to have it. Crossbow Uruk being the exception.

ThomasLane
11-19-2003, 04:08 PM
The new 5-pack, "There and Back Again", is starting to show up at TRU. The local TRU (Orem, Utah) had dozens of them today, $30 each.

The figures are ok. They look like they've got a bit more articulation than previous hobbit figures. They are all new sculpts, but they are not particularly interesting to look at. I'm still debating whether or not to keep mine or return it.

Anyway, if they're showing up in Utah, then I'm sure they have already been at everyone else's TRU for a week...

Tom

kool-aid killer
11-20-2003, 10:43 AM
I see too many Smeagols around. It seems like this line is losing its thunder with the last couple of waves its had.

ThomasLane
11-20-2003, 11:35 AM
BTW - The "There and Back Again" box has "Exclusive Bilbo action figure included" printed on the front. Does this mean the other four figures are going to be released individually?

Tom

jjreason
11-20-2003, 05:57 PM
It may mean they've been released already, TL. We should get a link posted up in here, I know at least one forumite (Jargo) that would be able to identify the Hobbits' in the boxed set by when they were first released. The only Bilbo's I know about are the old FOTR one (older looking), and the new Prologue Bilbo.

smurfvader
11-25-2003, 06:32 PM
It may mean they've been released already, TL. We should get a link posted up in here, I know at least one forumite (Jargo) that would be able to identify the Hobbits' in the boxed set by when they were first released. The only Bilbo's I know about are the old FOTR one (older looking), and the new Prologue Bilbo.
my understanding is that the other figures are the previously releaed ones with new likeness sculpts.

JIm

ThomasLane
11-28-2003, 06:21 PM
my understanding is that the other figures are the previously releaed ones with new likeness sculpts.

JIm

The bodies on all five are completely new sculpts, with new paint jobs. There is nothing similar about these five figures compared to any previously released figures, except that under close inspection it appears that Frodo, Sam, and Bilbo's head sculpts have been re-used from previous figures. At this point, it appears that all 5 figures are exclusive to this set, as they aren't currently available in singles. Perhaps all except Bilbo will be released individually in the future?

Regardless, the set isn't particularly interesting. No accessories, other than elven cloaks. I would like at least have liked them to have their swords. It would have been really cool if the boxed set was a scene of the five sitting in front of bag-end smoking their pipes or something.

jjreason
11-28-2003, 08:42 PM
I found a 4 pack today of soldiers (Armored Theoden, Eomer, Rider of Rohan and a Gondorian Ranger) which advertised an "exclusive figure" inside. Looking over the package, the figures all looked remarkably similar to the ones I have of them already. I can't imagine what they think is exclusive about any of them - the only one that was borderline tough to get at retail was the Rohan Soldier. Anyone know any more about this set? What did I miss?

Oh, and they wanted 50 bucks for it. Not bloody likely.

kool-aid killer
11-28-2003, 09:12 PM
About the Heroes of Rohan or whatever its called 4 pack that claims it has an exclusive figure, i believe nothing is new whatsoever. A guy on LOTRG even claimed that he was going to sue Toybiz for false advertisment. I dont know if thats still in the works or not. In short, i dont think you are going to be missing out on anything.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-03-2003, 07:39 PM
Got an e-mail from amazon today letting me know that my LOTR trilogy figs: Pip, Legolas, King Aragorn and the Hard Archer are delayed till Late Jan. I swear to God, why can't amazon know how to count their stock and not back order every damned LOTR item?!!?

I'll just keep giving my business to Kbtoys.com as they know what they have and ship out immediately.

damned amazon.

Jayspawn
12-04-2003, 09:09 AM
KB is a great online store. Their shipping is fast too.

During my many shopping trips, more frequent now because of holiday shopping, but the ROTK Gandalf the White has got to be the hardest to get. I'm finding everyother figure in mass. My TRU has the A Hobbits Tale 5 pack a plenty. Its a neat set but I just cant bring myself to buy it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2003, 10:00 AM
Jayspawn- you need a Gandalf? Damn, i saw one at my local wally world a few days back, but it's gone now. If you still need one, let me know and i'll keep my eyes peeled. :D

kool-aid killer
12-04-2003, 08:25 PM
About the Hobbit 5 pack, they look a little chunky to me. Maybe thats why they look funny. I plan on getting it but am in no rush because my TRU had more than enough. I did see the armored cave troll and he looks cooler than the original.

Anakin2121
12-10-2003, 06:27 PM
Yep.

Scans from the new ToyFare. The next wave of figures, due out around Jan/Feb looks AWESOME...includes the new Witch King, and better yet, Faramir in armor! :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-10-2003, 08:22 PM
THANK YOU FOR THE SCANS!!!

Those look awesome!!! That witchking...holy jesus, so awesome!! I need to get this issue of Toyfare so i can stare at those pics before i go to bed each night. I CAN'T WAIT!! Merry in Armor looks awesome too. AWESOME! cheers!! :crazed:

kool-aid killer
12-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Cool pics, i especially like the King of the Dead figure. Faramir does look awesome in his armor too. Cant wait to see these on pegs, im desperate for more figures.

On a side note i spoke to a man who was affiliated with a comic shop in the area of the theater im going to see ROTK in and he said they plan on having a booth were they sell figures and they were getting some extra products. Im hoping i can score a BK Uruk Hai, Easterling, or Rohirriam Soldier at a decent price.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-10-2003, 09:37 PM
Kool Aid- that sounds awesome!! If they have any of the new Trilogy Figs (Pip in Armor, King Aragorn, Legolas or Harad Archer) snag them for me and i'll pay ya back! I can't find these anywhere, dammit!! :D

Brainiak76
12-11-2003, 01:05 AM
JMG are these even out yet in the US??? i cant wait for these new TRIO figs!

kool-aid killer
12-11-2003, 09:21 AM
Kool Aid- that sounds awesome!! If they have any of the new Trilogy Figs (Pip in Armor, King Aragorn, Legolas or Harad Archer) snag them for me and i'll pay ya back! I can't find these anywhere, dammit!! :D

Will do, im going to take around $100 with me, plus i can get my mothers financial backing if i need it. Should be fun and i cant wait for Wednesday!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-13-2003, 06:02 PM
HOLY CRAP, KB TOYS HAS KING ARAGORN, HARAD ARCHER, LEGOLAS AND PIPPIN IN ARMOR!! GET THESE NOW!!!

This link should take you to the search page for ROTK figures, you can make your selections from here.

http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html/No/15/D/return+of+the+king/Ntk/Record_Search/Ntt/return+of+the+king/Nty/1/Ntx/mode+matchall/Dx/mode+matchall/displayKey/Name/previous_keywords/%7breturn+of+the+king%7d/sortedBy/Name_Match/ls/default

cheers and HH! HEEEEEEEEEE!! :D

jjreason
12-13-2003, 06:30 PM
Man that archer figure looks great, can't wait to grab a couple of those. I wonder how long they'll continue with the line after the movie comes out.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-13-2003, 06:33 PM
JJR- did you order him? lemme know if any of my personal info popped up when you typed in your stuff. I just wanna make sure;i get paranoid very easily and you can't edit posts after like 5 min now. thanks! :D

jjreason
12-14-2003, 03:35 AM
Sorry, man, I didn't even try. KB won't accept online orders from outside the US (or else I would have bought a couple of those TIE Fighters a couple of weeks ago). I didn't see any personal info come up when I went to the link though.

Is that Legolas any different from the first wave of TTT version? Looks the same to me........

Anakin2121
12-14-2003, 08:12 AM
JJReason, the new Legolas is VERY different. He has the Rohan Sword, which is a bit iffy, but this is Pelennor Fields Legolas, and he might be using a sword in that battle. This Legolas has lost the shoulder armor and the excessive straps on his chest -- aside from the sword, this is how Leggy was dressed for all of TTT up until Helm's Deep, and this is also how he's dressed in basically ALL of ROTK!

kool-aid killer
12-14-2003, 01:59 PM
I wonder how long they'll continue with the line after the movie comes out.

I wonder that too. If the waves are boring i dont think we will see this line for much longer. I hope to get a few more Orcs out of it though. The archer definetely looks like one of the best of this year.

jjreason
12-14-2003, 05:38 PM
I got lucky today, a flyer came from one of our larger stores offering LOTR ROTK figures at 9.99 each (sounds high, but remember in Canada regular price is 12.99 - 9.99 is a great price for us). SO I went over expecting the old "sold out" song and dance number. Nope. 2 crossbow Uruks and an Eowyn with armor came home with JJ. Im all caught up for what I want until the new packages start showing up. :cool:

TheDarthVader
12-14-2003, 08:25 PM
I can't wait for the newly packaged figures! I think the Haradrim Archer is one of the best figures made so far. I will get more than one of him. Target has but their ROTK figures on sale this week for $5.88 so get that price matched!!!!!!!!! :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-19-2003, 01:02 PM
I got my first batch of those figures i ordered from KB toys and they're all SPECTACULAR. The Harad archer is amazing and King Aragorn is awesome, i don't know how they fit anduril in the shell, it's HUGE!; i really wish i would've picked up an extra Aragorn to open and reign over all my LOTR figures, but i'll get one once KB gets more. Pip looks awesome and Legolas is great, might be my favorite Legolas figure to date.

JJR- dude, does kbtoys even accept payment from you? I'd be more than happy to get stuff sent to me and then mail it to you if that's an option.

cheers!

kool-aid killer
12-19-2003, 06:21 PM
When i went to the theater they didnt have Toybiz figures like i was assuming. Most of the items on the stand where role playing figures. But they did have an awesome looking Mines of Moria replica. I wish i had taken a camera to snap some photos of it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-19-2003, 08:42 PM
Saw this at the GD and thought i should post it; it's a case breakdown for the LOTR Trilogy line. They don't have anything about the ROTK figures, so i expect they'll be out after the TTT lines.

Fellowship Trilogy Wave 1
3 x Twilight Ringwaith
1 x Galadriel
4 x Strider
3 x Frodo
1 x Prologue Elven Warrior

Fellowship Trilogy Wave 2
3 x Legolas
2 x Gimli
2 x Gangalf the Grey
2 x Ringwraith
1 x Arwen
1 x Elrond
1 x Travelling Bilbo

TTT Trilogy Wave 1
3 x Helm's Deep Aragorn
1 x King Theoden in Armor
3 x Smeagol
1 x Eowyn
2 x Eomer
1 x Crossbow Uruk-Hai
1 x Saruman

TTT Trilogy Wave 2
3 x Helm's Deep Legolas
3 x Gollum
1 x Gangalf the White
2 x Frodo with Sting
1 x Berserker Uruk-Hai
2 x 8" Treebeard

Seems that TB has yet to learn their lesson about shortpacking figures and overstocking others. One complaint by many (myself excluded) is there isn't a re-release of Boromir. I have pretty much all these figures from their release, so i'll prolly pass on most of them aside from Arwen. HH!!!

Jedi Law Student
12-20-2003, 12:46 AM
It has been a long time since the last time I posted anything. I hope nobody cares if I get a little off track. I picked up the latest Action Figure News and Toy Review today. They had half of a two part LOTR guide in there. It got me to thinking, which is the best of the three toy lines? I think "The Two Towers" line is my favorite so far. I only have a few LOTR figures, but there are definitely some I wish I hadn't missed out on: especially the Rohirrim Soldier and 12" Eowyn. I may pick up some of those Armies of Middle-Earth sets, too.

Another thing I was thinking was, since they've done some other prologue figures, wouldn't it be appropriate if they made Isuldur?

Jayspawn
12-20-2003, 11:19 AM
I would like an Isuldur and a Prologue Smegol.

All my stores are fully stocked with LOTR figures which is great. Did everybody get a ROTK Gandalf the White? He's the HOT figure now.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-20-2003, 12:34 PM
Jayspawn- Yeah, i scored two Gandalfs; one through amazon and the other through KBtoys. Are you still in need of him? Lemme know so when i hunt and i stumble upon him, i can pick him up for ya!

Also, i would LOVE an Isildur and Prologue Smeagol; maybe a two-pack Deagol and Smeagol w/ boat; that would be kinda cool. I'd also like to see a:

ROTK Arwen (in her, uh, "End of movie" attire- non-spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet)
Rivendale Elrond
Mount Doom Frodo
Maybe a beast pack- Fell Beast w/ Ringwraith
SHELOB!!!
Also, i think maybe a "Grey Havens" set would be amazing; that boat with all the characters at that scene. It would probably be pretty pricey, but if done right, would be amazing nonetheless.

All those would rule! cheers!

kool-aid killer
12-20-2003, 03:19 PM
I see Arwen is posted on the list for supposed case assortments but was wondering if it would be a reissue of the horse and rider version without bendy legs or an all new figure? Im leaning towards it being a reissue.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Kool Aid- here is a pic of the Arwen figure and yeah, it pretty much is a repack w/ the bendy legs. I still plan on snaggin' her though. cheers!

kool-aid killer
12-22-2003, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the pic, it looks like she has a sword now. I dont recall if that was included in the horse and rider version i have but i will pass on her.

Ive seen the There and Back again 5pack at Walmart for about $29. Im debating whether or not to go for it.

Of the rest of the list the only ones i anticipate looking for are another PEW and CB Uruk Hai.

Jayspawn
12-22-2003, 10:51 AM
I wish ToyBiz would just make a new TTT or ROTK Arwen. The Fellowship figure is neat -but waayy too tall.

jjreason
12-22-2003, 02:07 PM
JMG got it right, Arwen in a dress from the ending would be the one to make. I'd love to get most of the single carded figures you mentioned, now that I think about it JMG. Thanks for the KB offer, I'd have to paypal you and let you charge it. The problem is they won't accept my card because I have a Canadian billing address. I tried to charge a few things to me and shipp them to my brother in Cleveland, but they wouldn't go for it.

There is a smaller scale Prologue set Isildur, Sauron and Elendil coming I believe, there were some pics posted in here of it not too long ago. OF the trilogy figures I'll be looking again for Galadriel and likely Arwen, depending on what I think of her. I like the "There and back again" set, but am not going to drop the 40 bucks to get Bilbo. I think the Bilbo I actually want is the FOTR one, but Im not hell bent on it.

Having freed my Crossbow Uruks from their packages, I must say they make an awesome addition to any army. Huge and sturdy, they tower above my Berzerker Uruks. Great figure.

JEDIpartner
12-22-2003, 03:10 PM
Half the figures they made look like complete crap! Considering they are bigger than SW figures, they bear little or no resemblance to the actors. My boss and I had a conversation about this today. She is really disappointed in them. *shrug*

bigbarada
12-22-2003, 03:38 PM
For some reason, I have never been able to get seriously into collecting the LOTR figures. I'll buy the occasional one here and there (like the ultracool "mini" Treebeard figure who is actually in perfect scale to SW figures); but I just can't get too excited about new releases.

Probably because the films are so satisfying on their own that I don't feel the need to supplement them with toys. Most likely because the figures are too big and are generally pretty crappy.

The Armies of Middle Earth series seems like a great idea, I just wish they would stop trying to paint eyeballs on a figure that's less than an inch high. It gives them a perpetual surprised look which is pretty annoying.

jjreason
12-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Half the figures they made look like complete crap! Considering they are bigger than SW figures, they bear little or no resemblance to the actors. My boss and I had a conversation about this today. She is really disappointed in them. *shrug*

I would agree with this assessment as far as the figures of Aragorn go, but the figures of the other characters are very close in my eyes. Eowyn's face is such a beautiful sculpt on both figures, it looks better than the actress. The Hobbits' faces look a little too "made up" (ie bright lips and rosy cheeks) but the structures are close. Legolas in Rohan Armor is about as close to Orlando Bloom as you'd ever want in a figure of that scale, and Boromir looks quite like Sean Bean (though he's a little pale).

For the most part, I'd say they've done a remarkable job with the likenesses.

Big B - I hear you about the AOME. Just can't get too excited over them, and lord knows I tried. The dark rider figure I did buy is pretty cool, though it doesn't really do anything.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Pics of the new figures (wave 2 of ROTK Trilogy figs) are up and look AWESOME!! These are the pics that Anakin posted before he got canned, but they're higher resolution and JUST of the figure not the page and ...hell, just look for yourself!!

Might contain spoilers for some, but for the rest of us, get the bibs ready, cos you're gonna be droolin'!! :D

(thanks to Geb @the Gd for posting these at the LOTR Forums)

I love the Witchking and the King of the Dead and Far- hell, ALL these figures look amazing. TB has once again proved why their figures are much better than the SW line. There is a variant of the KOTD, glow in the dark, coming out too. I heard case ratio is 2 a piece per figure, but this could change. anyway, ENJOY! :D

jjreason
12-23-2003, 10:54 PM
Sold on 3 out of 4 (I haven't been getting Hobbits in armor). I keep being surprised that there has been no "Frodo in Mordor" figure to compliment that Sam. Dirty and dishevelled, pie-eyed and pale, hard to believe it's not in the mix as he's on screen this way for approximately 30% of the entire trilogy.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-24-2003, 12:50 AM
actually, JJR, i think i'ts more in the 32.5% of the Trilogy, but i'll check my figures again to be sure. :D

I think in time, we'll see much more "scene specific" figures. Here is my wishlist:

Boromir in armor (to compliment Faramir as well as he's in armor in the EE of TTT during the flashback)
Frodo in Mordor
"Mount Doom" set- messed up Sam, Frodo and Gollum, from the scene (trying to remain spoiler free for those who haven't seen the film)
Gray Havens set (RULE RULE RULE!!)
Arwen (ending sequence)
Elrond (rivendale-end sequence)
Denethor (could make two of him- "face stuffing action" or "burning action") :D

I got faith in TB; they'll milk this line out for a while. cheers! :D

Jayspawn
12-24-2003, 02:40 PM
I'm sold on ALL of those upcoming ROTK figures. AND I picked up the Haradrim Archer at Wal-Mart today! They also had King Aragorn and Pippin in Gondorian Armor. The best part? ONLY $4.96!!!! ToyBiz is now my favorite Toy Company!

RooJay
12-27-2003, 10:10 PM
I've been seeing tons of older figures re-released on the new Trilogy packaging, but sadly none of the new figures. So far I've seen Frodo w/ light-up Sting, Helm's Deep Aragorn, and the first release Ringwraith.
On the up-side - I got tons of Armies of Middle Earth stuff for christmas! The Helm's Deep playset is frikkin' awesome! The Uruk-Hai Battering Ram seemed a bit of a gyp to me (being that it amounts to not much more than four little figures and a plastic stick!), but the Siege Ballista is wicked cool! :D

jjreason
12-27-2003, 11:35 PM
My TRU keeps getting odd cases of TTT figures and putting them out. I stopped in today just to peak, and there were 5 Twilight Ringwraiths on the shelf amid a few ROTK Eomers. Very weird. No news on 2 packs from ROTK eh?

kool-aid killer
12-28-2003, 12:43 PM
I believe there arent any two packs planned for ROTK. My guess is due to the glut of TTT two packs (with the exception of the Archer and Bezerker) Toybiz decided not to continue with them. If done right they would sell well. A two pack with a Gondorian soldier and an Orc, Rohan warrior and Haradrim warrior immediately comes to my mind as being good two pack material.

Turbowars
12-28-2003, 01:14 PM
Hey guys, I have never bought a LOTR figure, but would love to have the the dude that the chick kills in the ROTK. What's his name saramon or something. I know they made the old version, but are they going to make the new?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-28-2003, 04:54 PM
TW- The guy you're talking about is the Witchking of Anmar. They made a figure of him in his regular nazgul outfit (black shrouds, etc) and now they're making him all decked out like he is in ROTK. If you scroll up a few posts where i posted a few pics and click on the one that says, "Morgul Witchking" i think, you'll see a pic of him. Cheers! :D

Turbowars
12-28-2003, 06:27 PM
TW- The guy you're talking about is the Witchking of Anmar. They made a figure of him in his regular nazgul outfit (black shrouds, etc) and now they're making him all decked out like he is in ROTK. If you scroll up a few posts where i posted a few pics and click on the one that says, "Morgul Witchking" i think, you'll see a pic of him. Cheers! :DSay, that it, thanks!! Are they out?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-28-2003, 10:00 PM
Nah, not yet. He is part of the ROTK Trilogy figure wave 2. They are scheduled out for March/April, but these bad boys have been shipping early, so keep your eyes on February. I remember last year the new figures weren't due out till march and i found them on the way to a Phish show in cincy on the 22nd of February. Or just watch KBtoys.com; they seem to be getting in new figures lately. cheers! :D

TheDarthVader
12-29-2003, 11:04 PM
I have been collecting LOTR figures in addition to SW for about a year. I have most of the figures and I like them. The new price point rules!! $4.99-4.96! Cheap for what you get! Anyway...had to comment. I still love my SW figures...dont get me wrong...been collecting those for 8 years now...almost 9 years!!

kool-aid killer
12-30-2003, 10:48 AM
Yeah, i cant wait to find some of the new priced figures either. Ive been collecting them for a year now, i remember last year at around this time i was going all over town looking for FOTR and TTT figures.

By the way today marks my year here on SSG. Many thanks to all the forum members who have helped make this site my favorite on the web.

Jayspawn
12-30-2003, 06:39 PM
I found the NEW Trilogy figures at Target today. Priced at $4.95 each I saw....

Frodo w/ light-up Sting (TTT repackaged)
Eomer (TTT repackaged)
Helm's Deep Aragorn (TTT repackaged)
Witchking (FOTR repackaged)
Legolas (TTT repackaged)
and Haradrim Archer

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-30-2003, 07:01 PM
Nice pickup!!! The only Trilogy Figs I want are the new ROTK figs and Arwen; off the top of my head, at least. I've been collecting the line since it's birth, so i don't need any of the re-hashes. I am glad that people who didn't get certain figures and stuff can catch up now though; very nice of toybiz! If anybody stumbles upon an extra Arwen, please be a pal and hook a brutha up!! :p

Jayspawn
12-30-2003, 08:10 PM
Its nice when ToyBiz does it but a little annoying them Hasbro does it. Go figure. Anyways, I wish ToyBiz would make an all-new Arwen figure cause the Fellowship Arwen towers above all the Aragorn figures! I know Elves are tall but good lord!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-30-2003, 11:25 PM
HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER!! FELLOW OHIO LOTR COLLECTORS, GET YOUR CANS TO MEIJER!! They have reduced their LOTR stock.

OLD ROTK figures (regular bubble packaging)- 1.90
Rotocast figures- 2.20
Beast and rider sets- 8.40

They also had in the Trilogy figures, which are 5.99 and i got an..........ARWEN!!!! HH!!

jjreason
12-31-2003, 02:32 AM
Did they have any Sharku on Warg, JMG? If you could snag me one at that cheap price, I'd be forever grateful - or at least until the next time I needed a hookup...... :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-31-2003, 09:39 AM
JJR- i THINK they did. I gotta help take down x-mas stuff and then i gotta work, but i'll stop and look for ya on my way home tonight; i'll let ya know! cheers! :D

before i forget, JJR, are you looking for any of the Trilogy figs as well? I can't guarantee they'll have ANYTHING when i finally make it there, but if you have your eyes on any certain figures, let me know and i can look! ta!

Silent Chazz
12-31-2003, 12:49 PM
I really don't wanna look through 77 pages to find the answer so I'll ask this if this hasn't been asked, if it has, Im sorry. What is the deal with the new ROTK figures being both in te Cardboard semi-circle Packaging AND a carded bubble? I noticed at the Walmart Supercenter I was at last night that the Carded Bubble ROTK figures were cheaper than the Cardboard Semi-circles. Whats the deal with that? I woulda picked up King Aragorn and Pippin in his knight clothes had I not found an AWESOME deal on clearanced 2002 Saga SW figures.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-31-2003, 08:50 PM
Chazz- the new figures in the smaller carded bubble are what are being referred to as "Trilogy Figures"; they are basically repacks of the Fellowship and Two Towers figures. They are also releasing the last two waves of the ROTK figures on these cards, which is why Pip in armor, King Aragorn, etc are in the new bubble style. The Trilogy Line are pretty much rehashes with a few randoms in there, like boromir and Arwen, which are single carded. The figures that had bases and diroamas don't have them now as they are just the basic figures. This is a way that TB is letting newer collectors to the line catch up and since they knew ROTK was going to be HUGE, they prolly figured might as well release the entire series of LOTR figures!

As for prices, the ROTK figures in the big bubble are in the bigger bubble, which probably cost more production wise, which is why they have to charge that extra buck or so. Hope this helps! :D

Jayspawn
01-01-2004, 10:02 AM
My Brother found Boromir yesterday. I know a lot of people missed out on him. Though I got mine for $5.99 on sale at KB with Lurtz.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-04-2004, 04:28 PM
I stumbled across a Boromir today myself @target.
He was with about 3 eomers and a TTT Frodo; odd assortment! :D

Jayspawn
01-04-2004, 11:14 PM
I saw Trilogy Boromir yesterday -hes a great looking figure, just like his other version. The newest Trilogy version had him with his Elvyn cloak and an extra sword. Well worth the buy. I might have to pick up an extra.

Brainiak76
01-05-2004, 12:30 AM
still no sign of ANY triology figs in the Nor CA area!! going on a small run 2moro hopefully i will be sucessful!

jjreason
01-05-2004, 02:40 AM
The Walmarts around here have been getting the single carded AOME little guys in pretty frequently. I actually saw Prologue Isildur tonight, but held off wanting the 3 pack with Sauron and Elendil. I've also seen Gandalf the Grey, Boromir and Faramir, and King Aragorn in the blue Pelennor Fields outfit. They don't seem to be coming with any new riders or 3 packs though (since the Elf one showed up and sold out). I thought there was supposed to be a second mounted dark rider - on a running horse?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-05-2004, 10:22 AM
The Walmarts around here have been getting the single carded AOME little guys in pretty frequently. I actually saw Prologue Isildur tonight, but held off wanting the 3 pack with Sauron and Elendil. I've also seen Gandalf the Grey, Boromir and Faramir, and King Aragorn in the blue Pelennor Fields outfit. They don't seem to be coming with any new riders or 3 packs though (since the Elf one showed up and sold out). I thought there was supposed to be a second mounted dark rider - on a running horse?

That reminds of me when i found the AOME at the local Meijer and a ringwraith on horse was hidden behind some rotocasts. I'm not sure if it was "running" or not, but he was definately on a horse. are there running horses, non-running horses, etc for that line?

I have yet to see any AOME at any wal-marts; i don't think my wal-marts picked up the line, sadly. :D

kool-aid killer
01-05-2004, 10:26 AM
I think there are running and non running posed horses in the AOME line. I have yet to see them at my Walmarts either. I think Target and KB are your best bet for them.

jonthejedi
01-06-2004, 05:35 AM
My local WalMart in Glen Burnie, MD got in tons of AOME the other day. Besides the new 3-packs:Easterlings, men of Rohan & the defeat of Sauron, the "horse" figures were Eomer(very nice), Gondor rider(charging slightly uphill) and King Theo on horseback. The fourth one was a new mounted Ringwraith...his steed was rearing up, ala the Lone Ranger or Gandalf in TTT. All very nice, at a slightly cheaper price than Target.

jjreason
01-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Very good, they'll be on the way here shortly then. The one line my WM seems to love to keep updated is AOME. Too bad I'm not right into it.

Brainiak76
01-06-2004, 02:29 PM
FINALLY TRIO has landed in Nor CA..found harad archer, boromir, hd aragorn, eomer, frodo w/lite up sting, witchking wave.........

only picked up harad!! These look sooo sweet and the new package is not to shaby!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-06-2004, 02:42 PM
nice finds brainiak!!! Glad to hear the Trilogy figs are making their rounds! :D

Bosskman
01-06-2004, 06:09 PM
I just got a bunch of Walmart's new single AOME figures at Walmart in Moncton NB Canada. I got 2 easterlings, 2 Rohan Archers, 2 Rohan Axemen, 1 Gondor Ranger, 1 Elf Archer, 1 Uruk-Hai Soldier, and 1 Orc with mace. They also had Elendil, Isildur, Faramir and Black Gate Aragorn but I'm witing for the 3-Packs. Still no sign of wave 2 Horse sets though.

Brainiak76
01-06-2004, 07:32 PM
oh yeah they sell them in singles up there huh? how much is one AOME fig? is the single eowyn and haldir hard to find?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-07-2004, 09:26 AM
There has been a list circulating around the net of figures that are supposed to be released for the rest of this year. I'm not sure how accurate this info as (the source claimed he got it from a friend who works in Toybiz) it is not confirmed. So, please, take this with a grain of salt; hopefully, this list, for the most part at least, will prove to be true after TB unleashes their LOTR lineup at Toyfair next month.

July

Elrond w/robes

Gil-Galad w/spear attack action

Elendil

Moria Archer with goblin armour

Super-Poseable Shelob

Coronation Arwen

Superposeable Gollum (this time with "one ring" and two changeable heads)

Superposeable Coronation Gimli

Ringwraith w/stabbing action (could be resulpt)

Uruk Hai Warrior w/bow shooting action

Late 2004 -

Mount Doom Frodo,

Denethor

Prologue Smeagol

Gorbag w/web Frodo

Gondorian Guard

Also on the list is

Gandalf the Grey (could be resulpt)

Lurtz w/firing arrow action (could be resulpt)

Super-poseable Strider (hope this figure is cool)

Super-poseable Boromir,

2 diff. Bilbos (one "Birthday"and one called "transition" not sure what that means)

Isildur

Legolas w/knife throwing action

Theodrid

Gates of Mordor Sam

Super-Poseable Shagrat

Uruk Hai warrior

I think the list looks terrific aside from really random characters like Theodrid who dies within like 10 min of his on screen appearance and Gil-Galad (one of the Kings in the prologue sequence) are really random. Hopefully, most of these will come to light, but i stress that is just rumor, but still, it's fun to speculate and dream! :D

THE Slayer
01-07-2004, 12:36 PM
IS tHE triology gimli the same gimli that is in the helms deep 5 pack? I opened my tri gimli and he looks so much better than the fotr gimli, at least this one has his helmet.

Any word on Galdriel being repacked?

Bosskman
01-07-2004, 05:01 PM
The singles are $4:95 Canadian and are only available at Walmart. The single Eowyn was in the first wave and is abundant up here. (I got her in the 3-Pack though). I don't think that Haldir has been released singly yet but the other two elves have. I believe that so far all of the wave one sigle 3-packs have been released as single carded figures. So has the wave two set with Borromir, Merry and Pippin. Most of wave 2 and now some of waves three and 4 have been released on single cards as welll. And so has Gandalf from the Balrog set. And Saruman and Wormtongue from the Orthanc set. (Oh yeah, and Legolas and Aragorn from Helm's deep).

kool-aid killer
01-08-2004, 09:32 AM
I came upon some of the trilogy figures yesterday but was too late for the Harad Archer. I dont like the packaging, but it does knock the price down a bit so i cant complain too much. At least i hope it does, at the Target i seen them at they were going for $7.

THE Slayer, i think Galadriel will be repacked.

Jayspawn
01-08-2004, 10:39 AM
Yes, most of the older figures will be repacked.

This stinks! I was doing some organizing the other day and somehow, Armored Eowyn's helmet was misplaced! AhHHH! One of the coolest figures too. Well the search begins...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Yes, most of the older figures will be repacked.

This stinks! I was doing some organizing the other day and somehow, Armored Eowyn's helmet was misplaced! AhHHH! One of the coolest figures too. Well the search begins...

I know how that goes; i was re-organizing all my figs on NYE and i couldn't fid my Berserker Uruk Hai & Grishnak!! I know they're buried in my piles of toys, but i just ordered the two off amazon just in case.

Yeah, Galadirel will be re-packed. Here is a pick (stolen from legendsactionfigures.com)

Jayspawn
01-08-2004, 10:47 AM
That reminds me, I saw a Galadriel at KB the other day on clearence and that got me thinking that there needs to be some kind of stand for her. She has little feet and not much to stand on. Shes a very cool figure though. I've been getting by on leaning her against another figure.

TheDarthVader
01-08-2004, 02:28 PM
Jayspawn, did you buy that Galadriel? If not, could you pick her up for me? I need her in red packaging. I would greatly appreciate it. How much was she on clearance for? Thanks! :Ponder:

Turbowars
01-08-2004, 06:27 PM
I came upon some of the trilogy figures yesterday but was too late for the Harad Archer. I dont like the packaging, but it does knock the price down a bit so i cant complain too much. At least i hope it does, at the Target i seen them at they were going for $7.

THE Slayer, i think Galadriel will be repacked.I saw these repacks yesterday as well and I like the packaging. If they were like this from the get go I might have collected these figures. I was going to buy a few, but talked myself out of it. I really can't get into another line. There were marked at 4.99. Great deal!!

kool-aid killer
01-08-2004, 08:57 PM
From what im reading on another website, people are complaining about Target not charging $5 for each. Instead they are ringing up for $7 apiece. Im just kicking myself in the cake because i missed out on the Archer.

Jayspawn
01-08-2004, 10:48 PM
I'm gonna do a little shoppin tomorrow. Maybe pick up a Trilogy Boromir. I've been a bigger fan of Boromir ever since I saw the Two Twoers Extended Edition.

Hey I found Eowyn's Helmet!

Jayspawn
01-09-2004, 02:31 PM
SCORE!!! Massive LOTR find today. I found ALL of the new and latest Trilogy figures freshly stocked at Media Play today for $6.99. Still not a bad price. Here's what I found and the lowdown on each....

- Gandalf the White, same figure as the basic TT Gandalf but MORE white! Robe, cape, beard, staff all whiter than ever! Has to be the best of all the Gandalfs!

- Arwen, same as the figure that came with the horse only this time she comes with a sword! Still a cool figure looks just like Liv Tyler, but still a little too tall.

- Treebeard, the 9" figure that came out in the ROTK line only a little cheaper. Great to use with your AOME Merry and Pippin -perfect size.

- King Aragorn, all-new figure! Very articulated just looks cool!

- Pippin in Gondor Armor, new figure! comes with sword and helmet. The detail on the armored Hobbits is incredible.

- Boromir, same as the FOTR 2-pack figure but comes this time with the elvyn cloak and extra small sword!

- Elrond, if you missed him the 1st time, hes back! Same as the FOTR figure -new package. Still a great figure.

- Galadriel, repackaged TT version, comes with the neat water pitcher.

- Strider, this is the horse & rider version of Aragorn but comes with new rubber overcoat and a few nifty pack-ins tucked underneath his feet!

- Gandalf the Grey, same as the FOTR figure but includes a new sword and larger-stronger looking staff. Instead of the plastic robe is gone and replaced by a cloth one!

- Gollum, just the bendy -nothing exciting. '

It was great seeing all these sort of new figures, the re-tooled jobs that some of them got ar great! I think a lot of people will be pleased.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Awesome finds, Jayspawn!!! Sounds like you hit the jackpot with the Arwen, Boromir, Elrond and Galadriel as those seem to be short packed. I saw that Gandalf a few weeks back when i was at home, but i already had the Gandalf the Beige from the TTT line and the ROTK Gandalf is my favorite as he's in his "i'm about to kick some orc a--" pose and expression. :D

I can't wait for the new ROTK coming out!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-12-2004, 09:27 AM
Alright, i'll give you kids a chance to get a bib and maybe a drool cup because toybiz released an OFFICIAL list of its products this year and lemme say this. DAMN!!! Awesome, simply awesome!! I'm going to cut n' paste the entire list so, it'll show the current waves, but read on for the new stuff. They even have a figure from the EE version of Two Towers!! (bonus points if you can name him!! ;)) Anyway, here is the official word on what's to come this year in LOTR figures, ready? here we go!!

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING ASST 1 Available January 2004
 Twilight Ringwraith with Sword Jabbing Action
 Galadriel, Lady of Light
 Strider with Sword Slashing Action
 Boromir with Battle Attack Action
 Frodo with Sword Attack Action
 Twilight World Frodo with Sword Attack Action
 Prologue Elven Warrior with Elven Armor & Weapons
 Twilight Ringwraith

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING ASST 2 Available January 2004
 Legolas with Dagger Slashing & Arrow Launching Actions
 Gimli with Axe Throwing Action
 Gandalf the Grey with Light Up Staff
 Witchking Ringwraith with Sword Lunging Action
 Arwen with Light Up Evanstar
 Elrond with Elven Sword Attack Action
 Bilbo with Traveling Gear

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING ASST 3 Available July 2004
 Elrond in Robes
 Gil-Gilad with Spear Attack Action
 Elendil with Sword Attack Action
 Moria Archer with Evil Goblin Armor
 Lurtz with Real Arrow Launching Action
 Birthday Bilbo

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING ASST 4 Available October 2004
 Gandalf The Grey
 Superposeable Strider
 Superposeable Boromir
 Isildur
 Bilbo Transfixed

THE TWO TOWERS ASST 1 Available January 2004
 Helm's Deep Aragorn with Sword Slashing Action
 King Theoden In Armor with Sword Slashing Action
 Smeagol with Electronic sound base & authentic movie phrases
 Eowyn with Sword Slashing Action
 Eomer with Sword Attack Action
 Crossbow Uruk-Hai with Real Crossbow Firing Action
 Saruman the White with Staff Raising Action & Eye of Sauron Palantir

THE TWO TOWERS ASST 2 Available January 2004
 Helm's Deep Legolas with Shield Skateboard
 Gollum with Electronic sound base & authentic movie phrases
 Gandalf The White with Staff Extending Action
 Frodo with Light Up Sting Sword
 Berserker Uruk-Hai with Sword Swinging Attack Action
 Treebeard with Branch Lifting Action

THE TWO TOWERS ASST 3 Available July 2004
 Superposeable Helms Deep Aragorn
 Isengard Orc with Axe
 Superposeable Frodo
 Boromir in Armor with Cloven Horn of Gondor
 Gamling in Rohan Armor with Weapons
 Superposeable Gollum with Squishy Fish

THE TWO TOWERS ASST 4 Available October 2004
 Legolas with Knife Throwing Action
 Theodred, Son of Theoden
 Gates of Mordor Sam
 Superposeable Uruk Hai Warrior Shagrat

THE RETURN OF THE KING ASST 1 Available January 2004
 Aragorn King of Gondor with Sword slashing action & Anduril Sword
 Pippin in Armor with Removable Helmet & Sword; sword slashing action
 Haradrim Archer, Fully Armored Evil Warrior
 Legolas with Weapon Wielding Action

THE RETURN OF THE KING ASST 2 Available March 2004
 Faramir in Gondorian Armor with Sword Slashing Action
 Merry in Rohan Armor with Sword Slashing Action
 King Of The Dead (Glow in the Dark Figure)
 Morgul Lord Witch-King with Mace Wielding Action

THE RETURN OF THE KING ASST 3 Available July 2004
 Superposeable Shelob
 Coronation Arwen
 Superposeable Gollum with The One Ring & Interchangeable Heads
 Superposeable Coronation Gimli
 Ringwraith with Sword Lunging Action
 Uruk-Hai Warrior with Bow Shooting Action

THE RETURN OF THE KING ASST 4 Available October 2004
 Mount Doom Frodo
 Denethor
 Prologue Smeagol
 Gorbag with Webbed Frodo Accessory
 Gondorian Guard

Beasts:
 10" Attack Troll
Deluxe Fell Beast Available July 2004, SRP $19.99
This rotocast figure captures the most dreadful beast of Middle-earth in wondrous detail. Riding upon the backs of these huge Mordor-bred, winged creatures, the evil wraiths or Nazgul are their master's eyes in battle and his scouts in the hunt for the Ring. The Deluxe Fell Beast measures 28 from head-to-tail and wing-to-wing and comes complete with a Dark Rider. There is no corner of Middle-earth the wraiths cannot reach upon the backs of the Fell Beasts!

Gift Packs
Brilliant packaging sets the stage for recreating pivotal scenes from the historical The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Characters are authentically decorated in scene-specific clothing and accessories, and each set features at least one exclusive figure:

 CORONATION GIFT PACK Available July 2004, SRP $24.99
Includes Aragorn, King of Gondor, Arwen, Eomer, King of the Riddemark, Lady Eowen and an exclusive Faramir, Prince of Ithilien.

 GATES OF MORDOR GIFT PACK Available August 2004, SRP $34.99
Includes Aragorn, Gandalf the White, Gimli, Legolas and an exclusive Mouth of Sauron figure on Horse.

For more info, please check this out. http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=lotrnews2.setup&category=lotr&topic=3&show_article=172

Looks like i just MIGHT have to donate that kidney for some spending $$. CHEERS EVERYBODY!!! :D

Jayspawn
01-12-2004, 11:05 AM
ToyBiz rules! Those figures are gonna be awesome!

kool-aid killer
01-13-2004, 11:13 AM
That list looks very exciting. I thought this line was almost dead, but thankfully i was wrong. Looks like Toybiz will be getting more of my money in 2004. Im especially looking forward to the secondary figures such as the Gondorian soldier and Uruk Hais. Seeing that this is the official list, there wont be any cancellations, right?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Kool Aid- if there are any cancellations, odd are we'll know sooner rather than later as they have to get these figures into production. I guess this is "official" from toybiz, but i guess you never really know. :D

TheDarthVader
01-13-2004, 12:25 PM
I believe Toybiz still could cancel some of these figures. Let's hope they stick to the list!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-13-2004, 02:27 PM
Oh, they definately could, but i agree with i hope to dear God they don't. I mean, most of us LOTR fans have been DREAMING of a list this good. To cancel a few of these figures would mean a lot of fuss from we dorks, so hopefully, they'll stick to their guns for this line up. we'll see though! :D

Brainiak76
01-13-2004, 05:54 PM
u never know its TB!! But heres to keeping our fingers crossed!! im in awe right now!! lol

kool-aid killer
01-15-2004, 09:17 PM
I found the Haradrim Archer and Pippen in Armor today at Walmart. Nice looking figs. The new price was a plus too. I passed on the king Aragorn figure, but i think i will go back and get him once i have a few more dollars in my pocket.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Nice finds Kool Aid!! I had to get doubles of pretty much all the figures in that wave, aside from Pip. I have King Aragorn puddied to my TV set reinging over all my room. hehehehehhehe :D

Jayspawn
01-16-2004, 11:55 AM
I was out making a few quick rounds this morning when I discovered a NEW version of the Trilogy Gandalf the Grey at TRU. Not only is there a repackaged FOTR Gandalf but NOW there is a new 2nd headsculpt. The face, hair and beard are sculpted with a little more detail -you can tell its a new design, I like it betterr that the 1st version.

They also had Trilogy Frodo (FOTR) and Armored Theoden.

[DSS]Pedr0
01-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Dont know where this goes and its not a figure BUT, This arrived today for mee and i cant wait to see it up close. http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/supernaturalart.safeshopper.com/images/bx195tiy.jpg

El Chuxter
01-16-2004, 04:51 PM
I picked up my second LOTR figure today! Thanks to these Trilogy repacks, I was finally able to get the Witchking Ringwraith. It will look awesome next to my other LOTR figure, the Ringwraith/Horsie set.

I want to get one figure of each character now, but unfortunately it doesn't look like they've made a Gollum who doesn't suck. :beard:

TheDarthVader
01-16-2004, 05:33 PM
I will have to buy a Gandalf the Grey trilogy figure now since it is that much better.

I just thought I'd post this here (it is urgent): I am in dire need of a Faramir and Gondorian Ranger...both must be on card. I am willing to trade or buy these. PM me if you want more information. I have some SW to trade as well as some LOTR figures. Thanks! These are the only two figures I need for my LOTR "old package" collection. :)

Brian
TDV

Reefer Shark
01-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to say hi. I'm a huge collector of ToyBiz LOTR & have everything from FOTR, TTT, & ROTK. Now it's on to the Trilogy line!

Check your Suncoast stores if you haven't already. I went to my local one last night and made a pretty good score:

King Aragorn
Pippin in Armor
Gandalf the White (repaint)
Gandalf the Grey (repaint, cloth cloak)
Strider (horse figure rehash)

They had a bunch of others as well (Eowyn, Gimli, FOTR & TTT Legolas, etc...), but I had to limit myself as they were $6.99 each. I've also scored some good trilogy figs at Target lately (Boromir, ROTK Legolas, Harad archer, etc..).

Good luck with your hunts! And here's to hoping that ToyBiz makes a Gothmog figure someday :cool:

kool-aid killer
01-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Howdy, nice to see a new face on the forums. Looks like you scored some cool figures. But i try to avoid buying toys from Suncoast due to the mark up, unless its something that i dont think ill be seeing again (such as the Red ARC trooper i need to go back for) or its hard to find at regular retailers. And i agree, a Gothmog figure would be nice.

Brainiak76
01-17-2004, 02:57 PM
welcome! are you from san fran valley? or san fernando valley?

neways nice finds....cant find the FOTR trio figs besides witchking!!

Reefer Shark
01-18-2004, 01:34 AM
welcome! are you from san fran valley? or san fernando valley?

neways nice finds....cant find the FOTR trio figs besides witchking!!
Thanks for the welcome Kool-aid & Brainiak!

I'm in the San Fernando Vally, SoCal. Keep checking, the trilogy figures are bound to show up for you soon! I'm still wanting the trilogy Arwen w/Hadhafang (SP?) pretty badly..... Only a matter of time...

jjreason
01-21-2004, 11:23 PM
I got the Harad Archer and Galadriel in Trilogy packaging today, my first. Im really loving ToyBiz doing this, what better way to have an AFFORDABLE second chance at some of those tough figures I wanted but didn't get along the way. Im thrilled, and the price (12.99 CDN at the comic store - same as regular TRU price) is more than worth the toy.

Adam
01-22-2004, 12:22 AM
Please excuse my NEWBIE-ness to this topic, but whats the deal with the Trilogy figures? Are these just figures from LOTR and TTT repackaged?

At any rate, which figure would you recommend. If memory serves, the prices on these were pretty low.

ThomasLane
01-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Please excuse my NEWBIE-ness to this topic, but whats the deal with the Trilogy figures? Are these just figures from LOTR and TTT repackaged?

Mostly repacks, but some new figures too.

At any rate, which figure would you recommend. If memory serves, the prices on these were pretty low.

Which figure? Are you only going to buy one? Buy the one you like best. But at the new price, I would recommend them all.

jjreason
01-22-2004, 11:34 AM
I'd recommend the Harad Archer, he's the only new figure I have so far, and he's great. From pics only King Elessar (Aragorn with Crown) looks amazing, as does the WitchKing of Angmar. I'll be getting those as soon as I can find them.

DarthBrandon
01-22-2004, 12:19 PM
I'd recommend the Harad Archer, he's the only new figure I have so far, and he's great. From pics only King Elessar (Aragorn with Crown) looks amazing, as does the WitchKing of Angmar. I'll be getting those as soon as I can find them.

Have a few of them where I'm at jjreason, if want I can pick up a few of them for you.

TheDarthVader
01-22-2004, 01:52 PM
Here is what I scored about a week ago:

Gandalf the Grey head sculpt one suncoast
Gandalf the Grey head sculpt two TRU
Arwen TRU
Elrond TRU
Galadriel TRU
Legolas FOTR Suncoast and TRU
Gandalf the Whiter TTT Suncoast
Cross Bow Uruk Hai TTT TRU
Traveling Bilbo FOTR TRU

Anyway...I am excited about this figures...no the Bilbo does not have the diorama so I will probably trade him. He is still an awesome figure.

Yes, I can post pictures of the difference in the Gandalf heads. Enjoy!

PS. The main difference is this: one shows teeth, one does not!!!!!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-22-2004, 02:20 PM

The witchking looks AWESOME!!!!! I pre-ordered that wave from Bigbadtoystore as i'm at school and can't find crap. I can't wait to get an extra one of him; sweet sassee molassee!

P.S.- 1,200th post of this thread!! yay!! :D

jjreason
01-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the offer, Brandon, but I'm hoping they'll show up here shortly to save me the shipping money. Are you guys looking for anything you can't find out east? PM me.......

kool-aid killer
01-23-2004, 10:44 AM
Cool find Brandon. JMG, have you ever sent bigbadtoystore an email asking for information on a product? I did a couple of days ago and have yet to get a response. I dont know if the guy thought my question was dumb and decided to ignore me or whether he is really busy and just hasnt had the time.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Kool Aid- Nah, he's probably just busy or something. The guy in charge, at least, who i talk to most of the time, is Joel and he's really good about answering questions. Either he's busy or doesn't know the answer and is trying to find out for ya. Give it a few more days!! cheers!! :D

Reefer Shark
01-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Kool-aid, I'll vouch for BigBadToyStore.

I've bought plenty of figures from them, and they always came through with flying colors. Fair prices, fast & inexpensive shipping = great!

The only corresponence I've had with Joel was when I moved & alreay had a pre-order in. He responded right away & the goods arrived at the correct address!

Good luck!

JediTricks
01-25-2004, 03:28 AM
TDV, I picked up Gandalf the Grey on the new greencard at TRU tonight, but got the more dignified head sculpt, the one you designated #1. One question though, how the heck does Toy Biz expect that hat to stay on?

Like an idiot, I had a Legolas FOTR on new card 2 weeks ago but ended up putting him down because the lines were too long. Now I haven't seen him since and he's the only other LOTR figure I wanted besides Gandalf! :(

Jayspawn
01-25-2004, 08:35 PM
I'll vouch for BigBadToyStore also, I've always had excellent service from them as well. A+

RooJay
01-25-2004, 08:56 PM
This past friday, I happened upon the entire set of Fellowship rereleases on the trilogy cards - Traveling Bilbo, Elrond, Strider, Arwen, Prologue Elven Warrior, and Gandalf at TRU. They also had the second series of wicked cool rotocast figures - Gimli and the Ringwraith.
I also managed to pick up a few of the new AOME three-packs and horse and rider sets at a nearby Wal-Mart - King Theoden and Eomer on horseback, and the Easterling Warriors, Rohan Soldiers, and the Sauron/Elendil/Isildur (incredibly freakin' awesome, by the way) sets.

Jayspawn
01-26-2004, 11:27 AM
I've been on the lookout for those sets too RooJay and no dice. I'm excited about those new Rotocast fgures too -cant wait to find those.

Beast
01-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Just some early news from NECA. Something that will turn up soon in pictures, that NECA has managed to keep secret for so long. But NECA is producing 19" Lord of the Rings figures. If the quality of their 18" Pinhead, Jason, and Freddy is any indication, these should kick arse. The first two in the series are:

Lord Of The Rings 19" Aragorn (Motion Activated Sound)
Lord Of The Rings 19" Legolas (Motion Activated Sound)

http://www.vasmatoys.gr/

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
01-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Nice! Cant wait to eventually see some pics of these. I wonder why 19" though? I'd say just leave at 1/4th scale so they don't look funny with all the other great 18"ers that have come out in the last few years. I'm sure they will be awesome though.

This is cool, now my ToyBiz Gollum won't be so lonely up among my 18" Neca's & McFarlanes. Hopefully these will sell really well, I'd love to see a huge arse Witchking.... or better yet, a 18" Morgul Lord Witchking!

Beast
01-26-2004, 09:34 PM
They're probably 19", so they can do Frodo, Sam, etc. later on in scales that arn't odd. I assume 12" Hobbits would probably be about right next to 19" regular characters. And Gimli can be like 15" tall. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
01-27-2004, 10:46 AM
I dont know the companies name but i have seen pictures of little block looking LOTR figures. I believe the are similar to the Kubricks. Anybody plan on picking up the LOTR versions? I think they look sweet so i wouldlnt be against it. Im likely going to skip out on the 19" inch figures. Cool, but not needed.

Reefer Shark
01-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Hey Kool-aid,

Those are Art Asylums Minimates. Very neat little toys. My nephew collects the Marvel ones, and I've contributed pretty heavily to his collection :) . I'll get some of these lotr mini's, but am going to try really hard to resist collecting them.

I found those 2 new rotos today at TRU and ended up picking them up. The ringwraith looks fantastic! A great deal for $10 IMO.

Beast
01-28-2004, 12:59 AM
More on the NECA LOTR figures. :)

Aragorn and Legolas stand about 18 1/4" in their intended poses
If they were standing straight up and down at attention they would be about 19 1/2" tall.

Thanks
Randy
NECA
Reel Toys
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-28-2004, 09:23 AM
Rumor has it that NECA is also doing some sort of Balrog. Whether or not this'll be compatible with the 6'' TB figs is yet to be known. Hopefully it is as a Balrog is WAY WAY WAY WAY overdue. :D

-Durge-
01-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Hopefully a 19" King of the Dead in his true reddish greenish colours.:D

JediTricks
01-29-2004, 04:46 AM
Picked up FOTR and ROTK Legolas today as well as FOTR Gimli, very nice, but I had to pick & choose through them for good paintjobs. (And I accidentally grabbed the wrong ROTK Legolas, but it's not too bad.) How come Helm's Deep Legolas has brown hair instead of blond? I saw the original version as well, better paint but same color.

I want to pick up an Aragorn figure, but none of the ones I've seen have totally enticed me. I have seen a ton of the Helm's Deep version, it seems good but the face doesn't look all that good and other versions have more going on. I thought about the FOTR Strider I saw at TRU as well, but the face and paint there were even less appealing than the TTT version. Any recommendations?

jjreason
01-29-2004, 01:34 PM
I want to pick up an Aragorn figure, but none of the ones I've seen have totally enticed me. I have seen a ton of the Helm's Deep version, it seems good but the face doesn't look all that good and other versions have more going on. I thought about the FOTR Strider I saw at TRU as well, but the face and paint there were even less appealing than the TTT version. Any recommendations?

My favorite is the Super Poseable Pellenor Fields Aragorn, with the blue outfit and cape, silver armor. Very nice figure, but the face is still off.

The next one, Aragorn as King Elessar, appears to have the best face of the bunch, but likely won't be too useful as a battling figure (if that's what you're after). My favorite of the older ones is the Aragorn that came with a Torch and a bow, likely from the FOTR line originally but repacked in TTT packaging as well.

Beast
01-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Here's really good professional pictures straight from NECA of Aragorn and Legolas. And a really really big close up of ole Aragorn's Kisser. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

ThomasLane
01-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Here's really good professional pictures straight from NECA of Aragorn and Legolas. And a really really big close up of ole Aragorn's Kisser. :)

Pretty nice looking statues. I don't know if it's the sculpt, or just the angle, but Legolas looks kinda like Dolph Lundgren.

Beast
01-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Not statues, actually. They are articulated: :)

Set the record straight for us. Here are some key facts:

Aragorn and Legolas
Release - May
SRP $40 each

Articulation (subject to change): Neck, Ball Jointed Shoulders, Forearms, Wrists, Waist, Hips, Calves

No cloth capes - where do people get this stuff from??

Kyle is not sculpting Gandalf

New NECA website launches next week with more images and more details!

Thanks
Randy
NECA
Reel Toys
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-Durge-
01-29-2004, 06:59 PM
Wow, Legolas looks amazing.:)

Turbowars
01-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Wow, Legolas looks amazing.:)I don't know he looks more manly than in the film and his hair looks like crap. There's something about his nose. It's too wide.

Beast
01-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Just updated with a better picture of his face, so go back and check it. Sounds like Gandalf is pretty much confirmed also. Since Randy said that Tankman isn't doing Gandalf. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-Durge-
01-29-2004, 07:24 PM
I don't know he looks more manly than in the film and his hair looks like crap. There's something about his nose. It's too wide.Turbowars you have to understand that this is only a phototype still. It is not the finished product.:)

Reefer Shark
01-29-2004, 07:57 PM
Nice!!

I'll be getting these, definitely. Gandalf is a possibility too now huh? Very cool.

JediTricks
01-29-2004, 11:47 PM
Thanks JJ. I was hoping to get an Aragorn figure more themed towards FOTR or early in TTT, and doesn't have to be battling. I just read there will be a Super Poseable Strider on the new card AND a Super Poseable Helm's Deep Aragorn, but it won't be until October and July, respectively, so I'm pretty much stuck deciding between Strider and TTT Aragorn since I'm only going for what's in stores now... heck, maybe I'll just try to track down the best paint on one of each and then I won't have to decide. That's what I ended up doing with the 2 Legolas figures I picked up yesterday (in theory ;)).

BTW, I tried out the bow & arrow on ROTK Legolas and the axe-throwing action on Gimli, those suckers are hardcore!!! Most of Legolas's arrows have bent tips because they're so soft I guess, but that thing shot about 10 feet across the room at lightning speed, eventually stopping only when it hit furniture. :D And Gimli, once I got the right angle on his axe-throwing arm (it's one click higher than I thought it would be), that figure tossed the axe with impressive vigor. These are not action features you want around your face, that's for sure. :crazed:

Is it wrong of me to not want figures of any of the hobbits? ;)

aceguide
01-30-2004, 08:26 AM
The NECA offerings look choice. $40 though - yikes!

kool-aid killer
01-30-2004, 10:19 AM
Not at all JT. The hobbit figures, in my opinion, arent very good. Merry and Pippen come of as being very poor toys. I think they could have done well without action features. Frodo with light up Sting loses points because of the molded on sword. But i have liked both of Sams figures.

That Aragorn does look nice, but im going to have to skip him. I can use those $40 for a couple of other figures.

Beast
01-30-2004, 06:02 PM
Here's more info about the Aragorn:

NECA Reel Toys has a few surprises in store for 2004 and one of the biggest is the announcement of large scale (18" and above) Action Figures from Lord of the Rings. The first prototypes are making their debut this weekend at the UK Toy Fair. Images and full details will be revealed in the coming weeks as we get closer to Toy Fair. In the meantime here is an advanced look at the cover for the February Issue of Lee's Toy Review #136 and a few

Aragorn photos and specifics revealed below courtesy of NECA Director of Product Development, Randy Falk

"LOTR Aragorn EPIC 18" Figure w/ Motion Activated Sound The first in a brand new series of figures as Epic as the movies themselves.

Aragorn is presented in his ranger outfit with trenchcoat and stands over 18" tall. He is the most detailed and accurate Aragorn ever with the following Weapons & Accessories:

Quiver, Arrows, Bow, Elven Knife & Sheath Ranger Sword & Sheath with removable Eating Knife, and Torch.

Motion Activated Sensors trigger the figures to "speak" key phrases from the films."
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
01-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Kool-Aid, I'm not sure I've ever seen a Sam figure, except the one in that Hobbit 5pack that's currently in stores - and man does that set look weak to me!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-30-2004, 08:38 PM
JT- i wasn't actually fond of that set at first, but i really like it, JT. I just don't like the price tag. I love the outfits the hobbits are wearing though; this set is on clearance at wal-marts now for like 13 bucks, so if you get a chance, snag it! :D

kool-aid killer
01-30-2004, 09:01 PM
JT, since i first seen the There and Back again set ive thought they all looked odd, maybe a little too fat. But seeing that Guyute said hes seen them for $13 at Walmart, i will bend and get them if i see them at that price.

JediTricks
01-30-2004, 09:57 PM
Dang, $13 is a pretty good price for 5 figures, even if they are just Hobbits. ;) I dunno, I still don't feel drawn to owning any hobbit figure, except maybe the Twilight Frodo on trilogy card, though I get the feeling I will never, ever see that at retail.

Adam
01-30-2004, 10:13 PM
I've seen that set a couple of times and was going to actually pick it up at Wal-Mart because I had seen it on clearance. It was gone before then. I probably wouldn't have got it though, upon closer inspection of the set at TRU (Still 29.99) the only head sculpt that I thought was acceptable was Bilbos.

BTW - What are thoughts on the Super Articulated Aragorn. I saw one at TRU but he had some paint issues. I remember reading somewhere that he was going to be rereleased in trilogy packaging, is that true?

Reefer Shark
01-30-2004, 10:19 PM
I would agree that the "there and back again" figures do look a little out of proportion and strange. Plus the fact that they don't come with any accessories kinda blows. .....I still bought one though :stupid:

But I really dig the orc armored Sam/Frodo & armored Pippin single card figures. Those are sweet little figures when you bust 'em out.

The super articulated Aragorn is a great figure! I haven't heard of it being released on Trilogy card yet.

kool-aid killer
01-31-2004, 01:04 PM
I liked the SP Aragorn but was didnt buy it because of his face sculpt. I like the King Aragorn figure, its got a neutral face to go along with it, but wish his crown was removable. Sadly, it seems like LOTR figures have a fair share of paint issues. And i wouldnt be suprised if he is thrown on a trilogy card one day.

Silent Chazz
01-31-2004, 09:58 PM
I was at a Walmart Supercenter today in Liberal, KS to feed my SW Figure Collecting Hungar, when I saw the rereleased Figures that now are $5 and come on the Bubble-cards. I picked up the FOTR Witch King, TTT Frodo with Glowing Sting, and TTT Helm's Deep Aragorn. These figures rock. Can anyone point me to a website that has checklists and/or pictures of all these Toy Biz LOTR figures?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-31-2004, 10:41 PM
Silent Chazz- the Green Dragon (mike starts singing the drinking song for it) is a great place for all LOTR collectibles. They have the beginnings of a checklist: http://www.thegd.com/Site/feature10.asp , but the ROTK and Trilogy figures are still in process. You can always just head over to their picture archives and just jot them down, that's what i did at first. hope this helps. :D

Somebody snapped some shots of the toybiz booth at toyfair. You can make some random stuff, but the main part here is the Fell beast. This is a prototype and i think TB better GREATLY improve on it. They just need to make it fatter and have more girth and it'd be excellent. Then again, this is just a prototype and i'm sure the negative backlash will make TB fix it up a tad. Judge for yourself. Also, note that i could've made about 4 dozen jokes regarding the fell beast and what it could look like, so everybody, please behave. :D

Silent Chazz
01-31-2004, 11:09 PM
Wow. Consider me a collector of this line, now. When I go to Amarillo this Friday Im at least picking up 1 or two more of the $5 line, I guess its called the Trilogy line?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Wow. Consider me a collector of this line, now. When I go to Amarillo this Friday Im at least picking up 1 or two more of the $5 line, I guess its called the Trilogy line?

Yeah, see, here is how it breaks down: when each movie originally came out, we had the original release of each of the figures for each flick. So, when Fellowship came out, we had fellowship figures, when Towers came out, etc etc. These included figures, beast packs, horse & rider sets, play along crap, all that jazz. Now that the films are done (silent tear), Toybiz are re-releasing selected figures from the films AND adding on new figures. So, for example: The Two Towers line now has the figures that were released during the films reign, like Frodo w/ light up sting, Gollum, etc, but come Aug and Oct, there are going to brand new figures from the film, like: Theodred, Armored boromir (from the extended edition of the film), new Super poseable Helms deep aragorn, SP Frodo, etc. So, not only are collectors going to get a chance to get some figures they missed, but we're going to get roughly about 10 or so BRAND NEW figures from each flick by the end of this year! I think i posted the complete list of figures a few pages back, but the GD has a pretty good sum of each line of figures.

In my opinion these figures are nothing short of fantastic. I rarely buy extras of any line i collect, but i had to get a few extras of these and I plan on getting more extras to open (shelob!! dear lord; rock on!). Feel free to check the last few pages for the list of figures, if you can't find it, lemme know and i'll dig it up for ya. Hope this all helps! cheers! :D

However, there are some figures that sadly won't be re-released, like Faramir, Rohirrim Soldier and Easterling Soldier, which suck because many folks missed out on them.

Reefer Shark
02-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Welcome to ToyBiz LOTR Silent Chazz! We'll be getting some great stuff this year. I can't wait for the Morgul Lord Witchking & Gil Gilad!

Yeah, the new cheaper packaging is called the trilogy line. Personally, I think it looks better than the old bigger packaging.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-01-2004, 12:07 AM
Welcome to ToyBiz LOTR Silent Chazz! We'll be getting some great stuff this year. I can't wait for the Morgul Lord Witchking & Gil Gilad!

Yeah, the new cheaper packaging is called the trilogy line. Personally, I think it looks better than the old bigger packaging.

I agree here; the newer packaging is much more concise..and let's not forget, it knocks the price down by a few bucks!!!

I did like the design of the old packaging with the ring and the color schemes and the different designs under the peg holder thing. Plus, there was something damned unique about seeing these unique bubbles in the aisles! Still, i love this line! cheers! :crazed:

Reefer Shark
02-01-2004, 11:39 AM
However, there are some figures that sadly won't be re-released, like Faramir, Rohirrim Soldier and Easterling Soldier, which suck because many folks missed out on them.
That does suck JMG.
Have you had some kind of confirmation on this or something? I was really hoping to get a few more Rohirrim Soldiers and Easterlings someday in the trilogy line. You would think they would re-pack these army builders... I already have the Faramir, and yeah.. He's a fantastic figure!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-01-2004, 01:11 PM
That does suck JMG.
Have you had some kind of confirmation on this or something? I was really hoping to get a few more Rohirrim Soldiers and Easterlings someday in the trilogy line. You would think they would re-pack these army builders... I already have the Faramir, and yeah.. He's a fantastic figure!

The only confirmation i really have is that they are not on ANY of the lists for the figures for this year. I'm not sure how long TB plans to milk this line out, but if they were going to be released again it probably would've been during the first few waves. If i hear anything else, i'll post it asap, but it's not looking likely; for this year, at least. :D

kool-aid killer
02-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Nice fell beast, he only needs a few more pounds and he will look much better. Welcome to collecting LOTR Silent Chazz, it can be stressful at times but i think most of the figures are worth it.

Jayspawn
02-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Spotted some of the new AOME at Suncoast (Easterlings and such) but I didnt look to long -trying not to be tempted.

Anyway I'm excited as hell over the upcoming 18" LOTR figures by NECA. I'll definatly get Aragorn but pass on Legolas just to watch the $. Now what I really want is an 18" Saruman the White!

Silent Chazz
02-01-2004, 09:09 PM
of the ToyBiz 6" figs, is it hard to come by a Lurtz figure (not the reborn) by now? If not, where is a good place to find him and would he be around the $7-$8 range?

Reefer Shark
02-02-2004, 12:07 AM
Hey Chazz,
Aside from the newborn, the only other Lurtz released was the Lurtz in the two pack w/Boromir (in green fellowship packaging), which is an excellent figure I might add!

Unfortunately, he's long gone at most retail stores. If you're lucky, you might be able to score one at KB toys on clearance for $10 (along with the merry/pippin/moria orc 3pk, Gimli/Uruk warrior 2pk, & Sam/Frodo w/boat 2pk). I do beleive one of those '04 lists had a new Lurtz on it, so we may get another Lurtz figure in the future as well.