PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings figures

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Jayspawn
02-02-2004, 05:58 PM
I bet its gonna be a repackaged FOTR Lurtz.

smurfvader
02-02-2004, 06:57 PM
I don't know if anybody has mentioned this (there are over 125 pages to read and I don't feel like searching through them), but I found something that I thought I would share with you guys. I found a figure from another toyline that works so well with LOTR. If you go to your local KB Toyworks see if they have a Harry Potter figure called Aragog. He's a giant grey spider that looks like its a perfect fit for Shelob.

jiM

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Smurf vader- yeah, I collect the HP figures and even before i saw shelob on the big screen, i knew that Aragog would make a great shelob!!!! I've seen a few customs of that and they look great!!! I can't wait to see what Toybiz has in store for us with the Shelob!!!

As for Lurtz, i've heard a possible new sculpt, but don't quote me. Probably a re-pack, but many missed out on him, so it'll be alright. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-02-2004, 09:01 PM
amazon has some of the trilogy figures instock, like the rare ones:

Elrond http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/toys/B0000TQI1G/qid%3D1075776856/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-4815618-2539801

Arwen http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000TQI16/qid=1075776880/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-4815618-2539801?v=glance&s=toys

Prolog Elf warrior http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000TQI3O/qid=1075776905/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/103-4815618-2539801?v=glance&s=toys

bilbo http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000TQI1Q/qid=1075776938/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/103-4815618-2539801?v=glance&s=toys

Harad Archer http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009OX2F/qid=1075777121/sr=1-51/ref=sr_1_51/103-4815618-2539801?v=glance&s=toys

they also have the new Pip, King Aragorn and a lot of the original Fellowship figures. Buy'em up kids, they won't be up for long! :D

Surfer8oy19
02-02-2004, 11:19 PM
i bought all those up baby, every single trilogy is now mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, my precious is here!!!!

RooJay
02-07-2004, 09:13 PM
I don't know if anybody has mentioned this (there are over 125 pages to read and I don't feel like searching through them), but I found something that I thought I would share with you guys. I found a figure from another toyline that works so well with LOTR. If you go to your local KB Toyworks see if they have a Harry Potter figure called Aragog. He's a giant grey spider that looks like its a perfect fit for Shelob.

jiM

One of the nearby TRU's here has even been merchandising the Aragog figure right next to the LOTR toys.

Jayspawn
02-07-2004, 11:39 PM
New AOME figures showing up at Suncoast. The Eomer and Theoden on Horseback look very cool.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-10-2004, 02:25 PM
KB Toys has the Elven Archer vs. Berserker Uruk Hai warrior.

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/2430899/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D//ls/default

I know some folks haven't snagged these yet, so here you be. They also have the ROTK (regular packaging) Eowyn. cheers! :D

Reefer Shark
02-11-2004, 04:45 PM
Pics of the "bearers of the ring" 3 pack have surfaced.

Just some repacks done with translucent plastic. Pretty cool though, I'll be-a-buying one (or two depending on price).

http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Toybiz/Trilogy/Deluxe_Ringbearers_Front.jpg

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2004, 06:09 PM
I'm with ya on this one, my Reefer pal. I'm a completist, so twilight gollum and Bilbo are needed as i already got the Frodo. TRU.com has this up for pre-order or whatever. :D

Reefer Shark
02-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Yeah bud,
I'm a completist with this line as well (I've got the "I've come this far" logic going...). I don't need all the crazy package variations, just one of every sculpt (and a few variations, like trilogy Gandalf the gray & Boromir).

Fun stuff indeed! Now I just need to find a place to display all these cool figures...... lol

RooJay
02-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Screw Twilight Frodo! I'll just get this one - probably much cheaper - and I'll get Twilight Bilbo and Gollum at the same time! :D :D :D

JediTricks
02-12-2004, 07:35 PM
I'm far from a completist, but this is very tempting (I'm a sucker for translucent figures :D).

kool-aid killer
02-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Kind of boring looking but another way to get the Twilight Frodo. I will pick one up im just hoping the price isnt ridiculous. Wonder how all the people who have spent crazy amounts of money on one feel seeing him coming out again.

Bosskman
02-13-2004, 11:04 AM
I just wish they'd have used the angry Gollum head instead of that dumd looking smegol head. That's the reason I never got the sp gollum. It just looks ridiculous. I'll get this set though all the same. I'd actually consider that bilbo to be the first figure from "the Hobbit" we've got. (prlogue bilbo was in FOTR)

Reefer Shark
02-13-2004, 04:05 PM
I just found the "quest to Mount Doom" 3 pack at TRU today. It's just a repack set..... Sam & Frodo from the FOTR 2pk (w/Boat), and bendy Smeagol. I normally wouldn't buy something like this, but for some reason I did get this one.

It was kind of an impulse buy really, I just like the way they look in the package (really thin blue ROTK box w/Mount Doom background).

Waaaay overpriced though, ringing up at $17.99 = ouch!

Reefer Shark
02-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Just a heads up, the outer reaches has the new wave of ROTK in stock (except Merry in armor, sold out already!). I've bought from them before. Took a little while to ship, but my stuff did arrive safely. I caved in and ordered the Morgul Lord Witchking & King of the Dead cause I'm a sucker and just couldn't wait.. :stupid: (plus they look so damn cool!)

http://www.theouterreaches.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?shui=3&types_id=&keywords=lord+of+the+rings

They also have some nice packaged pics of this wave. I'm not sure if they've made the 'net rounds yet (I haven't seen them before anyways..). Here's the pics for those of you that don't feel like sifting through the website: :)

Beast
02-14-2004, 08:28 PM
For all you folks cheesed that they won't make a Balrog in the Toy Biz line. You can now rejoice. Because NECA has confirmed that they are making a Balrog fully in scale with the basic figure line. Kick arse for those of you that collect the line. Here's the news from Action-Figure.com. :)

NECA: US TOYFAIR: The Balrog is Coming!
Posted by adrian on Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 08:31 PM EST

The Balrog figure is coming but not from the company you might expect, as NECA let us (and you guys) into their plans for 2004....

I got to see an image of something NECA is working on right now, and I think they're gonna make a lot of Lord of the Rings fans happy.

NECA are currently sculpting a Balrog figure...and it's huge. My guess is about 20", although NECA would only say that it's bigger than 19". What's so special is that this Balrog is in scale with the ToyBiz Lord of the Rings figures.

It's gonna work out about $50 NECA estimates but after their great work on the votive holders, I think this is going to be a fantastic piece whether you want it for your ToyBiz line or not.

The current plan is for this piece to be injection-molded rather than rotocast. We're not able to show you pictures yet, but as soon as we do, we'll let you know.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-14-2004, 08:46 PM
ROCK ON, JAR JAR!!! :crazed: I cannot wait to see pics of this bad boy!!! I need to find out WHEN they post the pictures though. I'll post if i find any! cheers! :D

Turbowars
02-14-2004, 09:08 PM
For all you folks cheesed that they won't make a Balrog in the Toy Biz line. You can now rejoice. Because NECA has confirmed that they are making a Balrog fully in scale with the basic figure line. Kick arse for those of you that collect the line. Here's the news from Action-Figure.com. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksWhat is a Balrog?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-14-2004, 09:39 PM
The Balrog is that big demon fire thing that took out Gandalf in Fellowship. It's been on LOTR fans toy lists for years! :D

Turbowars
02-14-2004, 10:00 PM
The Balrog is that big demon fire thing that took out Gandalf in Fellowship. It's been on LOTR fans toy lists for years! :DThanks, but I don't collect this stuff. I do like it though. Maybe if I started when it began, I would be all into it. Collecting SW is hard enough. :D

-Durge-
02-14-2004, 10:10 PM
An word on a NECA King of the dead?:confused:

Beast
02-15-2004, 07:33 AM
Some teases about the Balrog from Tankman (Head Sculptor of NECA):

Hes big and bad. Im loving working on this thing. I wanted to have it at toy fair but could not finish it. Randy told me to make it perfect. I am trying my best. Its a dream come true. What should the pose be. Opions are welcome.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
02-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Cool, a Balrog. But i was wondering whether it would have limited articulation or would it be a statue? I guess the pose i would like is when it growls and you see fire kind of shoot out of his mouth.

jjreason
02-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Wow! 10,000 eh Jar Jar? In the words of the man himself - "Holy Crap!" :D

I think the perfect pose for the Balrog is ......... neutral. Slightly crouched, whip in hand at the ready, fire in the mouth but not billowing out.

Reefer Shark
02-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Damn!!! Thta's the best news I've heard this year yet!!

A Toybiz scaled Balrog done by NECA!! Oh man, this thing is gonna be fantastic, I just know it. It seems that NECA can do no wrong.

If I were to only buy one toy this year, this would probably be the one!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 06:48 AM
Pictures from Toyfair are up!!!!!!! Pics of waves 3&4!!! I'll stop talking here and just let you see all the glory itself!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 06:51 AM
more pics, i say!!! These are so amazingly awesome!!!! TB has really outdone themselves on these two waves!!! :crazed:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 06:53 AM
More to go, i tell you!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 06:54 AM
Lastly, but certainly not least, SP boromir!!

kool-aid killer
02-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Sweet pics JMG!!! I like how we are getting more Orcs (or at least it appears like it, any chance that some of these could be cancelled?) and other secondary people. The fat orc is a must have. The only ones im going to skip are the super poseable Aragorn, Bilbo birthday, and SP Frodo. I like all the others. Is the Isengard Orc the same as the one that was cancelled back in the day or is it a new sculpt? Very cool pics. Now i need to wipe the drool off the school computer.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 11:01 AM
More fantastic figures!!! TB is awesome!! This line is going to rule them all!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Just a few more to get y'all giddy like myself. :D

Bosskman
02-16-2004, 02:41 PM
I can't believe how awesome those figures are. And here I thought I was almost done with getting new LOTR Figures.

Reefer Shark
02-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Oh man..... I'm speechless....

There goes my paychecks for the next year lol

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 06:12 PM
A few random thoughts: if you click on the attatchment called "Frodo4" you'll see gorbag in the background; he looks really good.

the Peter jackson hobbit figured is labeled as a "chase" figure, but we'll see. I'll bet $$ that it'll be a con exclusive or something ala Jorge Sacul.

Twilight Ringbearers back in stock at TRU.com; i just ordered mine.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000DJX72/qid=1076976123/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/102-8376861-7380167?v=glance&s=toys

HH kids! :D

TheDarthVader
02-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the pics. The shelob looks kick a**. I am going to have to get three of her...and the others look perfect. I can't wait! Forget star wars, I am going to exclusively collect LOTR! Well, maybe...I have been collecting sw since 1995...maybe I will just keep collecting both. :D ;)

Beast
02-16-2004, 06:35 PM
A bit more info on the NECA Balrog:

LOTR: The Balrog
Epic Scale Action Figure w/ Motion Activated Sound and Lights

Yes the rumors are indeed true - NECA will deliver the Balrog to toy fans everywhere. Over 20" tall and unbelievably detailed. This is the LOTR action figure fans have been waiting for 3 years for. Balrog is due Summer 2004. Expect images and more details in April
MTFBWY and HH!!
Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
02-16-2004, 08:14 PM
JMG, youve made my day! More sweet pics to greet me once i got home. Toybiz will be getting a nice chunk of my money if they keep putting out awesome looking figures. I only hope none of them are cancelled. Correct me if im wrong, but does the new Amon Hen Uruk Hai look a bit like the BK exclusive minus the helmet?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 08:47 PM
hehehehehhehee My pleasure, Kool-Aid. Believe you me, i had to get up for "work" this morning and seeing this pics and posting them before my shift made getting up totally worth it!! :crazed:

K, to cap off this crazy day, i have some shots of all individual waves, so you can see the re-release of Lurtz, another shot of boromir and whatnot.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2004, 08:51 PM
K, last pic of the evenin. You're looking basically at all of our paychecks until thanksgiving kids; this doesn't even include the Balrog, Fell Beast or if you collect the 12'' and whatnot!! :D

-Durge-
02-16-2004, 11:14 PM
AWESOME!!! I mean what more can I say. Any pics of MOS?:D :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-17-2004, 07:40 AM
AWESOME!!! I mean what more can I say. Any pics of MOS?:D :D

That's a negative, captain. there are some shots of him from the AOME, but nothing from the actual action figure line. :)

Reefer Shark
02-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I really can't wait to see the Mouth of Sauron figure also. I have a picture of him in a book, and the design is awesome (LOTR: Weapons & Warfare, great book BTW).

One thing I'm noticing here is the absence of the horse & rider sets. Hopefully Toybiz isn't done with these. The one I'm really hoping to see made would be a Gothmog on Warg :cool:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Found these over at LOTR Guide. Pics of the newly designed fell beast with a bigger wingspan. They STILL need to add a bit more weight and definition to the neck as it looks like he's riding a pe- well, a certain body part. The new troll looks fantastic and i'm liking hte Coronation Gift Pack w/ exclusive Faramir and Eowyn (with googily eye action!!). This year is going to rock the casbah. :D

Jayspawn
02-17-2004, 10:50 AM
I'm totally set for that Coronation Gift Pack! Is that a new Arwen I see? Yes, I hope so! That Faramir looks awesome too -all of them do. I didnt buy that Eomer yet so I'm happy. That Witchking and Fellbeast looks awesome too! Cant wait to see it.

I'm hearing that Merry in Rohon Armor and the Witchking figures are very slowly starting to show up now.

Reefer Shark
02-17-2004, 11:05 AM
That troll is awesome! No complaints what-so-ever on that one. Plus, the fact that he's in the Roto assortment means that he will probably only be $10.00. Fantastic!!! :) :) :)

The others are cool too, but why can't Toybiz get the heights right? Aragorn & Eomer are shorty's compared to Faramir, Arwen, & Eowyn. :confused: :confused: Seems to be a recurring problem w/Toybiz LOTR....

Also, the Fell Beast's improved wingspan is much better, but the rest of of him is still way too small..... If this is the final product, I may just buy it and leave it in the box :rolleyes: (which is a bummer...).

kool-aid killer
02-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Once again JMG youve made my day. The Troll looks awesome, the Fell Beast looks slightly better than the previous pic i had seen but i agree with all the above mentioned statments that he needs to add on some pounds. The coronation pack rocks too. Now i wont bother buying the King Aragorn, and newly unveiled Arwen figure because they will be popping up in that set. Man i cant wait to see these things on my local pegs.

ThomasLane
02-17-2004, 01:52 PM
That Arwen sure looks a lot like Galadriel. It looks like they just gave Galadriel a new head and painted the dress (and feet?) green. Still, it looks like a decent figure. Just don't take her out of the box, as you'll never be able to get her to stand up. Will we be able to find them all on cardback, or is there an exclusive in that set?

ThomasLane
02-17-2004, 02:02 PM
That Arwen sure looks a lot like Galadriel. It looks like they just gave Galadriel a new head and painted the dress (and feet?) green. Still, it looks like a decent figure. Just don't take her out of the box, as you'll never be able to get her to stand up. Will we be able to find them all on cardback, or is there an exclusive in that set?

Well, I guess I should have looked at some of the older posts first. Arwen definitely looks like an entirely new sculpt, though the post is very similar to Galadriel. There sure are a lot of nice figures coming out this year.

-Durge-
02-17-2004, 11:29 PM
The attack troll is by far the best troll!!

JediTricks
02-18-2004, 12:17 AM
That Arwen looks amazing, incredible likeness.

What's the deal with Super Articulated Helm's Deep Aragorn? It appears to be identical to the first HD Aragorn, the one with the gimmick slashing and the poorly-painted face that goes off to one side.

kool-aid killer
02-18-2004, 09:13 AM
I sure hope he doesnt come out looking like that, Toybiz has given us too many servings of the HD Aragorn (TTT HD Aragorn, ROTK HD Aragorn, Helms Deep five pack HD Aragorn) that i honestly dont want to see this figure holding down anymore pegs. Super articulated or not.

Jayspawn
02-18-2004, 11:01 AM
Damn! Just when I thought that Toy Biz and LOTR was starting to settledown, they go and make a whole slew! -of awesome characters and figures!

Looks like I'm not done collecting at all. I'm gonna have to get practicaly ALL of these!

JediTricks
02-19-2004, 07:56 PM
Spotted the Twilight 3pack at TRU today (that was fast!) for $17.99. I didn't realize the figures' central cores weren't clear though, they're white plastic. Still, having Twilight Frodo alone would be worth the trouble, he looks very slick, and then Bilbo w/ Sting looked pretty nice too and I thought it made sense that Twilight Gollum would be happy looking. ;) I thought they should have painted the rings in the set (the one in Bilbo's palm and the one on Frodo's finger) but oh well. I didn't have the money and they had a bunch, so I passed.

There were several new Trilogy figs I hadn't seen before, including Arwen (not as good likeness though I think) and some others, but I was not paying attention at the time.

Reefer Shark
02-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Hey, I got my Morgul lord & King of the Dead today from The Outer Reaches. Pretty fast shipping this time, I'm impressed!

The figures are just awesome! I really dig these two. My KOTD is the glow in the dark version, and it looks great in the light and in the dark (I tested it in the bathroom ;) ).

The Morgul Lord is probably my favorite LOTR figure (at the moment at least). Just a big, detailed, scary looking figure! I couldn't be more pleased with these two figures :D .

Reefer Shark
02-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Hey JT, which TRU did you see those at? I would love to go there and get a set right now if it's relatively close by. :)

JediTricks
02-19-2004, 08:18 PM
TRU Monrovia, bottom shelf in the LOTR section. Best of luck! :cool:

Bosskman
02-19-2004, 08:19 PM
RS, I hear ya on those ROTK wave II figures. They're all awesome, except my Witch King has 2 left forearms.

kool-aid killer
02-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Cool finds you guys, im eagerly anticipating the new figures to hit over here. Currently kicking myself in the can for having held off on the Attack Troll for too long, now hes nowhere to be found.

Is the two left forearms an error, or are all Witch Kings done like that?

Reefer Shark
02-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Ack! Looks like their sold out. I just called to have them hold one, and they told me that they be all gone :cry: .. Ah well, it's all good, they'll probably start turning up in droves soon. Thanks for the tip though JediTricks, much appreciated!! :)

On the forearms, that must be an error. Mine are normal. That sucks Bosskman, you should be able to take him back and exchange it for another though. That happened to me when I bought a Faramir when they first came out. Luckily they were pretty abundant back then and I was able to exchange it.

KAK, those attack trolls are still around out here. If you want I can pick one up for you, just LMK.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-19-2004, 09:31 PM
I got saucy last night and pre-ordered EVERYTHING for the rest of the year from Big Bad Toy Store.com Basically, i ordered all 6 waves, the fellbeast and coronation and gates of mordor gift packs too. I'm not seeing these too much in my area and by the time these hit, i'll be back at school and without a car. So, i figured, "eh, what the hell?"

I also preordered the next wave of ROTK from them too, so those should be here next month sometime when they hit the US. I'm pretty giddy. :D

THE Slayer
02-19-2004, 10:00 PM
TRU has tons of the gates of morder... or is it that mount doom... the one with sam frodo and gollum? Anyways, They gots lots.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-19-2004, 10:22 PM
hehehehe Yeah, that's the Mount Doom pack. the Gates of Mordor includes some random characters, but the main piece that set is going to rock is that it features the Mouth of Sauron w/horse. I heard the MD pack is pretty nice too. Thanks for posting, Slayer!! :D

JediTricks
02-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Shark, I wouldn't believe any TRU employee about such things, I've been burned too many times. Not every time, but a lot. I would suggest getting to your nearest TRU and double-checking anyway.

-Durge-
02-19-2004, 11:44 PM
I really reallt need a KOTD!!

THE Slayer
02-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Today I found A Twilight Frodo, Twilight Bilbo and Twilight Gollum 3 pack. It's pretty neat. I also saw a 'heros of ME' 3 pack with Gimli, Legolas, and HD Aragorn.

Whats a KOTD??

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-20-2004, 04:57 PM
KOTD=King of the Dead. He's one of the new figures for the current wave of the ROTK figures. He glows in the dark! :crazed:

Reefer Shark
02-20-2004, 05:13 PM
KOTD - awesome figure! If you're a fan of this line, you shouldn't pass this guy up!

Sweet! I found my "bearers of the ring" 3 pack today (along with the heroes of ME 3pk) at a different TRU. Very cool! I don't know why, but I really like the way these 3 packs display. I won't even be opening these suckers!

JT that's so true about TRU employees lying on the phone.. It's happened to me few times already as well. You call to have them hold something, they say "no sir, don't have 'em", then you go down there and find it sitting on the shelf :rolleyes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-20-2004, 06:29 PM
JJB directed me to some news posted at LOTRGuide:

The Epic Scale Balrog
This extremely detailed Balrog will be 22 inches from head to toe and over 2 feet with it's arm raised. It will have both it's weapons, a flaming sword and whip, as well as articulation. As if that wasn't enough, the current plan calls for it to have electronic light up eyes and flames with motion activated sound. It's expected to retail for around $50 and should be out in July but pictures could be available as soon as April. To give you a taste of what kind of detail we can expect in this Balrog, just checkout NECA's previously released Balrog Votive holder. http://69.93.119.2/photos2/data/628/1balrog.jpg

Randy from Action figure times said this:
"I saw a picture of the unpainted prototype in comparison with one of the LOTR figures and it looks amazing! I can't wait to see it painted up!

I don't think they'll be doing a Fell Beast as Toy Biz is going ahead with one for later this year."

(mike begins to salivate) Thank you, NECA!! :p

kool-aid killer
02-20-2004, 08:54 PM
Reefer Shark, im really tempted on taking you up on your offer, i will have to get back to you in a week though. Some unexpected expenses have popped up this week. Heroes of ME? What does ME stand for? Slayer said it includes Gimli, Legolas, and HD Aragorn so im assuming it isnt really anything special with an exclusive figure.

JMG, it will be interesting to see how the Balrog turns out. No doubt in my mind how sweet it will be. Hopefully all who have been hollering for one will buy it as it comes out and not wait for a clearance price.

JediTricks
02-21-2004, 03:24 AM
I forgot, that TRU had that Heroes 3pack set as well directly above the Twilight 3pack, the boxes were the same sizes and shapes, but it was clear which one was eyecatching and which was forgettable.

THE Slayer
02-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Heroes of MIddle Earth.. The figs were just re-hashes.. Gimli is the caped version.

-Durge-
02-21-2004, 05:43 PM
When does everyone think we will see the MoS figure?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-21-2004, 06:51 PM
We'll probably be seeing him in the next month or so. It should be soon as he's coming out in July. He's already been made, it's just a matter of time before TB releases pics. Then again, if you've seen the ROTK visual guide book, or played the ROTK game or seen the AOME MoS figure, you get an idea of what he looks like. :D

Reefer Shark
02-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Aside from the NECA Balrog, the Toybiz MOS is my most anticipated figure for the year! :D

KAK - no problem buddy, just LMK and I'll get one for ya!

Hey,
TheGD.com (great website BTW) has posted some really cool pics of the KOTD. They've got a really good one of him glowing in the dark!
http://www.thegd.com/Toys/TB_TR6_kotd.asp

jjreason
02-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Found Arwen and King Aragorn today. Very, very nice. Im saving my Fellowship cardback from the Arwen figure so I know what else I'm looking for - they've re-released lots that I've missed (TWF included). Still just blown away by the pics of the Fell Beast - amazing.

kool-aid killer
02-22-2004, 03:41 PM
Im thinking that i will get the Ringbearers three pack instead of looking for an individual TWF. I assume its the same figure basically with maybe a minor paint change.

Reefer Shark
02-22-2004, 05:56 PM
KAK - I just got an extra "bearers of the one ring" three pack to open today, so I could answer your question :) :

The 3 pack TWF is the same as the second pressing of the TTT single card TWF. The only difference is that the one ring is painted on the TTT 2nd pressing, trilogy, & 3 pack versions. The first pressing doesn't have the ring, but you'll be looking at some pretty high scalper prices to get that one now.

Another difference is with the SP Gollum. The translucent one doesn't have the magnets in his feet, instead he has holes in his feet for stand usage (an improvement IMO). The regular single card version has small, weak magnets instead of holes. I dig the clear gollum! He makes the set IMO~

Apart from the color change, the Bilbo appears to be the exact same as the single card version from what I can tell.

Hope this helps!

Reefer Shark
02-22-2004, 08:21 PM
More stuff from theGD.com. Looks like there is a variant "dirty-faced" Sam in orc armor out there. Looks nice, I would rather have gotten this dirty one myself.

Makes me wonder if they've done a "dirty-faced" Frodo in orc armor as well.......

kool-aid killer
02-23-2004, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the details on Twilight Frodo. I figured the other two would be basically the same figures. Is Smeagol/Gollum still super poseable, or did they do something else? The pictures i have seen of him dont indicate whether he has all his articulation points or not.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Good evening boys and ghouls. The GD (man, i LOVE that site) has updated their archives and have new pics of LOTR figs for 2004!!! It's just basically the figures with their promo blue/forest/wooded background, but they're fantastic shots. I won't link to every one, but here is the link to the main page:

http://www.thegd.com/Toys/TB_6inch_trilogy.asp - Trilogy Line
http://www.thegd.com/Toys/TB_TRD_FellBeast.asp fellbeast
http://www.thegd.com/Toys/TB_RRoto_troll.asp Cave troll

Each section, Fellowship, Towers and ROTK have been MASSIVELY updated. Those pics of Shelob are givin' me the weebly jeeblies!! :D enjoy!

Reefer Shark
02-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Is Smeagol/Gollum still super poseable, or did they do something else? The pictures i have seen of him dont indicate whether he has all his articulation points or not.
Yup, still super poseable.

----

Nice! I always love the official Toybiz pics. Some of the figs look a little different to me from the toy fair pics too. Pretty freakin' cool!

----

-Durge-
02-24-2004, 12:41 AM
Yes, TheGD is a great site!! Still I need a SOTD!

RooJay
02-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Anyone else hoping for more Trolls in the Rotocast line? Personally, I'm hoping for another shot at the Cave Troll (missed out on the first go), and I think the Roto line is the perfect format. I'd also like to see a Gates of Mordor Attack Troll! You know, the one that nearly crushes Aragorn during the final battle with the neato keen ridged armor. Or howzabout a Siege Tower or Drummer Troll? :D

Reefer Shark
02-24-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm with you Roojay. That upcoming roto troll looks fantastic! It's really great that Toybiz is using method to get us the next troll.

I'm sure it's cost effective for them, and that translates to being cheaper for us = Everybody is happy! :) :) :)

Toybiz is offically my favorite toy company. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-24-2004, 03:23 PM
There was a really good custome of a drummer troll over at the GD a few weeks to a month back. It was drool inducing. Lemme find a pic and i'll post it. :D

http://www.thegd.com/Toys/Custom/custom_dk.asp

http://www.thegd.com/Toys/Custom/custom_ms.asp

Here are some links to these guys' customs gallery and i also attached a few pics of the attack trolls and my fave, the drummer trolls!!

Bust out the bibs and prepare to drool, kids. :crazed:

Reefer Shark
02-24-2004, 03:32 PM
I remember that JMG, the guy made some really awesome stuff: A killer seige tower, some really cool attack trolls, etc...

That's one of the things I love most about theGD.com, they always have great pics of customs with quite a few regular contributers. Anyone who isn't familiar with the website should take a stroll through their custom section. Truly inspiring stuff!

RooJay
02-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Wow! That custom Haradrim Chieftan is awesome! He looks straight from Toybiz!

Reefer Shark
02-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Yes, that Harad cheif is awesome. Seeing that made me want to try and make one! :cool: If only my painting skills were up to par....... :(

And can you believe that the base for that custom was one of those Jakks wrestling figures? Unbelievable!

kool-aid killer
02-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Roojay, i believe the Troll that was about to clobber Aragorn is called an Olog Hai.

Man those pics are stunning. I liked his dioramas the most, but his trolls were sweet too. The Haradrim Chief looks like he just popped off the screen. Very cool.

RooJay
02-25-2004, 01:06 AM
Roojay, i believe the Troll that was about to clobber Aragorn is called an Olog Hai.

You would be correct in that belief, but get this - according to the films all of the Trolls seen in ROTK, from the Drummers, to the Attack Trolls, to the Siege Tower Trolls must have been Olog-Hai; the one major difference between Ologs and other Trolls is their ability to exist in direct sunlight. Any Troll other than Olog-Hai would turn to stone in direct sunlight (as evidenced in The Hobbit) or be otherwise incapacitated.

jjreason
02-25-2004, 01:22 AM
That stuff is beautiful. I'm sure guys like that are making great money cranking them out for others on the side. Truly gifted.

RooJay
02-25-2004, 03:00 AM
Anyone know where I can find some pics of the AOME Mouth of Sauron? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-25-2004, 09:44 AM
Anyone know where I can find some pics of the AOME Mouth of Sauron? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

FINALLY found this damned pic over at LOTR Guide. Just one shot of him i was able to find, but it'll do nicely. Cheers! :D

kool-aid killer
02-25-2004, 09:57 AM
He looks just like the baddie on the video game. So is he called the Mouth of Sauron because he speaks for him?

Roojay, i noticed that too but didnt invest much time at all wondering why the other trolls didnt stone up. Oh well, nothing big to get worried about.

Jayspawn
02-25-2004, 01:43 PM
Yes, in the book The Mouth of Sauron is somebody who speaks for him because he is not there. Its a cool part of the book -very exciting. I'm glad hes gonna be in AOME.

Reefer Shark
02-25-2004, 03:47 PM
More stuff from theGD.com. Looks like there is a variant "dirty-faced" Sam in orc armor out there. Looks nice, I would rather have gotten this dirty one myself.

Makes me wonder if they've done a "dirty-faced" Frodo in orc armor as well.......
Well well...... It looks like they did do a "dirty-faced" Frodo in orc armor after all. I found one today at K-Mart, pretty neat. They had two clean versions there, and you could really tell the difference when comparing them side by side.

Maybe I'll post a pic when I get home from work (that is, if my camera decides to work :rolleyes: ).

JediTricks
02-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Found a Twilight 3pack at TRU Azusa on Wed that had Frodo's ring painted gold. I didn't even notice, the person I was with was looking at it when I mentioned in conversation that it was unpainted and heard "this one is". I was shocked, and looked for a while to really see what was going on there. Strangely, Bilbo's ring remained unpainted, and the more I think about that figure, the less sense it makes since it shows him NOT wearing it. :D They should have painted a gold ring on Gollumn as well, but that'd probably require remolding his hand.

I thought about the set for a while but eventually passed due to financial reasons, picking up the Hailfire Droid I had been putting off for months. Now, I wish I had gone the other way on that, the Hailfire Droid is only ok.

RooJay
03-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Is it not more accurate that the ring should also be invisible while being worn? I'm pretty certain that this is consistent with the books, but certainly this was the case when these same characters wore the ring in the films. The only inaccuracy then, would be that Bilbo is sculpted holding his ring rather than wearing it (in which case he should not be invisible anyway), and the other two figures have no ring sculpted around their fingers.

Silent Chazz
03-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Well, I picked up two LOTR figs from the Trilogy Collection this weekend. FOTR Gandalf with light-up Staff and FOTR Legolas with Dagger Slashing and Bow-and-Arrow Actions. Nice figures.

JediTricks
03-03-2004, 08:18 PM
RooJay, having not remembered anything from the books, I wouldn't have any idea. But having picked up FOTR and TTT at Target yesterday for $25 each, I'll let you know if the ring is visable in the "twilight" scenes in that film. My memory says it is, and it's even eminating light beams from it though, but I don't trust my memory that much. ;)

Chazz, which Gandalf head did you get, the "huh???" face or the determined face? Gandalf was my first figure in the line, picked him up last month and then picked up the Legolas you mentioned a week later (though I still haven't opened him because I also picked up the ROTK Legolas with 2 daggers, bow & arrows, and super-articulation that day and it's my favorite figure so far) alongside Gimli and TTT Helm's Deep Aragorn. They're all awesome, though TTT Aragorn is a gimmicky figure and needs a better head and paint job.

RooJay
03-03-2004, 09:00 PM
Sorry, that was a rhetorical question. It is, in fact, more accurate that the ring be invisible also while being worn (in the books and in the films). I apologize for that wee bit of facetiousness on my part.

I'm pretty certain I'm going to end up carving the sculpted ring out of the hand of Bilbo once I get him - for accuracy's sake of course - and just pretending that the ring is just too small to have shown up as a sculpted element on these guys. :D

jjreason
03-03-2004, 11:18 PM
I found a new batch here at TRU today, lots of variety. I was excited to find 2 Gandalf the Greys but passed as neither had the cloth cloak. May go back and see about the ROTK Legolas, but he didn't jump out at me - I'm happy with the 3 I have already.

Still waiting to see the King of the Dead and Witch King of Angmar.

Reefer Shark
03-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Gandalf didn't have the cloth cape? That's strange, both new versions are supposed to have it. Though I only have the "huh???" face one, so I cant really say for sure.

It's folded up and packed behind the figure in the package. Are you sure you just didn't see it? No cloth cape would be a "rare variation" (if you're into that sorta thing...).

jjreason
03-05-2004, 12:23 AM
See, there's another perfectly good example of me being on the pipe. I figured by cape everyone meant whole freakin' outfit. Maybe I need to get back there ASAP and make sure I didn't pass up a figure I really wanted. Both of the faces appeared to be exactly like my old one - with the front teeth showing instead of the deadly stare shown on the back of the green packages. Definitely need to go reevaluate what I found though, thanks for the tip.

Reefer Shark
03-05-2004, 02:33 AM
No problem bud, hope you end up getting the one you want. :)

I scored a Trilogy twilight frodo the other day, and I notice it's a little different from the TTT & boxed set. He's not cast in quite as clear plastic as the others or something, it almost looks frosted. I think I like the more clear version better...

TheDarthVader
03-05-2004, 04:21 PM
ROOJAY, my twilight frodo from my bearers three pack HAS the ring on his finger. I can see the gold paint. Maybe yours is different. The Bilbo has the ring on his palm and the gollum just doesn't have a ring. LOL!!!!!!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-05-2004, 04:33 PM
According to reports, LOTR Guide.com had pictures of the Mouth of Sauron figure posted and then got ordered to take it down. I'm scouring the net trying to find this figure's picture and am hoping that somebody at LOTR Guide sends it to me. I'll post if i find it. :D

Jargo
03-05-2004, 06:27 PM
I promised myself I wouldn't cave in and buy a twilight figure. Now I just went and bought the bloody box of three. My other half is mad at me for buying cheap crud. "They're not even painted and they cost as much!" but he likes the LOTR figures too so it wasn't a big problem.

Looking forward to getting my paws on the TABA box set now. Saw that weirdy purple packaged box set the other day and walked right by. Dull contents.

jjreason
03-06-2004, 12:37 AM
The only one I'm interested in is Frodo. I made a deal recently that should have him on his way to my house within the next week or so, and at a reasonable price. Very happy ToyBiz decided to re-release him.

Silent Chazz
03-06-2004, 07:11 AM
JediTricks, The Gandalf head on my fig is the "Determined Look" head. Man, I love these figures!

jjreason
03-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Went back and checked the Gandalfs at my TRU. They did have the cloth cape, so I went ahead and got him. Gladly enough, upon my return home I see that it is the new head sculpt as well. Excellent figure! Managed to dig up a Travelling Bilbo during my search as well so came too. Both very nice.

Bit of a downer, I noticed my King Aragorn has a large chip of paint missing on his armband. Trying to decide if I can get someone to touch him up or if I need to buy a whole new figure. I'll likely opt for the touch up. Many of the latter ones I've found have better beard paint aps than mine, so I'll likely sit on the fence for about it for a while.

Still no Witch King or King of the Dead figures yet.

JediTricks
03-07-2004, 06:06 PM
JediTricks, The Gandalf head on my fig is the "Determined Look" head. Man, I love these figures! Yeah, that's the one I got too. That figure totally brought me around, these are awesome figures. Every time I walk by my Gimli, TTT Aragorn, Gandalf, & ROTK Legolas posed next to each other, I have to stop and hum the main theme. It's so amazing how well these little $6 figures can capture the feel of the film for me.

What's this talk of cloth cape on Gandalf? I'm confused.

Reefer Shark
03-07-2004, 07:30 PM
The cloth cape on Gandalf the grey:
(Gandalf the white only comes with the plastic cloak)

The original Gandalf the grey (in the older green FOTR package) had the same body, but came with a molded plastic outer cloak.

The re-release of this Gandalf in the Fellowship of the ring gift set had a fabric cloak instead (then they started packing the old plastic one for some reason).

The newer trilogy Gandalf the grey has two headsculpts, and comes with the fabric outer cloak packed behind the figure in the package.

Hope this helps clear it up for you!
They've got great pictures of all the different versions here if you want to see 'em:
http://www.thegd.com/Toys/TB_6inch.asp

jjreason
03-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the explanation! My first Gandalf was from the FOTR 9 pack, and came with the plastic cape (and a staff that never lit up :cry: :D ). I feel much happier with this new one, the face is miles better (the capes are both fine to me).

I'm not getting the big deal on the new Legolas, he looks identical to my very nice TTT one with Rohan Armor. Super poseable, I guess, but is it that much better a figure? I've passed so far.

Reefer Shark
03-08-2004, 05:06 PM
The ROTK Legolas has some different, thinner straps on his torso. And he has a silver shirt instead of a black one. Other than that, he's pretty much identical to the Rohan Armor/Helms Deep version (he has the same head as the Helms Deep one too).

I think He looks pretty cool, but no better than the other versions. I would only buy him if you're into variations.

jjreason
03-08-2004, 06:55 PM
I think I'll leave him for the teenaged girls, at my TRU they're always flipping the pegs looking for Legolas! I wonder if that's why some people are having trouble finding him. No shortage here whatsoever.

Reefer Shark
03-08-2004, 08:07 PM
LOL!! Chicks dig Orlando. The teenagers buy up all the different posters of him at Tower records too :crazed:

S'funny though, my fiance thinks he's ugly. She's all into Aragorn.......

RooJay
03-09-2004, 12:00 AM
So I'm looking at the Toy Fair photos of the upcoming AOME figures for this year, and I notice that a lot of them, tiny as they are, actually have not only bendable elbows and knees but also ball-jointed shoulders! :eek: On some of the figures I'm counting articulation at the neck, ball-joints at the shoulders, bendable joints at the elbows, a cut joint in the waist, and bendable joints in the knees! That's eight points of articualtion on a two inch tall figure! Freakin' amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on 'em! :D :D :D

JediTricks
03-09-2004, 08:21 PM
The newer trilogy Gandalf the grey has two headsculpts, and comes with the fabric outer cloak packed behind the figure in the package.Waaah! :cry: Mine didn't come with any cloak at all, I even just now double-checked the empty card and bubble tray. Last time I saw that variant info over on the GD, it made no mention of this. Weird.

The ROTK Legolas has some different, thinner straps on his torso. And he has a silver shirt instead of a black one. Other than that, he's pretty much identical to the Rohan Armor/Helms Deep version (he has the same head as the Helms Deep one too).

I think He looks pretty cool, but no better than the other versions. I would only buy him if you're into variations.Totally different head sculpt, no shoulder armor, different straps as you mentioned, and vastly different paint on the outfit (this all from examining the TTT Legolas which I didn't even know existed until you mentioned this).

jjreason
03-10-2004, 05:21 PM
There are 2 TTT Legolas', JT. Someone posted above that the ROTK one has the same head as Helm's Deep Legolas, which to me is the less appealing one. I'm very happy with L in Rohan Armor from the first wave of TTT figures, it's probably one if the best actor-likenesses I've ever seen in the action figure universe. I have the Helm's Deep one as well (necessary evil if you wanted to get the Haldir figure) and he's not nearly so nice. Similar outfit though.

Dark Marble
03-10-2004, 05:53 PM
I am filling out my LOTR collection a little bit and I was just wondering if someone could tell me if the Samwise in the Mt. Doom 3 pack is the same as the Sam in Mordor figure? Thanks!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-10-2004, 07:08 PM
I am filling out my LOTR collection a little bit and I was just wondering if someone could tell me if the Samwise in the Mt. Doom 3 pack is the same as the Sam in Mordor figure? Thanks!!

Yes, it is the Sam from Mordor figure. :D

Jargo
03-10-2004, 07:47 PM
My other half got me the rigwraiths gift set today. Not atall impressed with the quality here. TW witchking is all rubbery and soft and bent out of shape something bad. Morgul lord wraith is okay but not brilliant as figures go. The cloth ringwraith seems so small compared to the other two but worse is the crappy way he was packed so all his robes were bunched up in the blister and now just sort of stick out sideways all twisted up.
Apart from that all i've seen over here is store upon store choking under the weight of the over produced Gollums/Smeagols. I cannot believe that there are more Gollums coming this year. I mean ferchrissakes Gollum with fish!? Gollum with ring!? Please spare me. And i thought Hasbroken were bad.

I'm refusing to buy any more Aragorn figures. No more Legolas and how many times can you release the one very limited in articulation or movement figure of a dwarf. Thank god they have a coronation Gimli planned.

JediTricks
03-10-2004, 09:18 PM
There are 2 TTT Legolas', JT. Someone posted above that the ROTK one has the same head as Helm's Deep Legolas, which to me is the less appealing one. I know there are 2 Legolas figures from TTT, the Helms Deep figure and the "Rohan Armor" one, I made comment about learning about that 2nd one yesterday in this very thread. :D However, looking at the pics on Green Dragon, the ROTK version's head is not the one from the TTT Helm's Deep figure, they have similar facial expressions, but are not the same sculpt, the ROTK head has different eyes, brow, nose, the back of the hair, and especially cheeks.

I see what you mean about the Rohan Armor TTT figure's likeness from the pics at Green Dragon, it does have a very good likeness, but I'm not fond of the expression so I'm glad I found the ROTK one first.

jjreason
03-13-2004, 12:39 AM
Missed that part JT. My first thought when I saw the ROTK Legolas was that I didn't need it - it looked to me like Rohan Armor Lego with the Helm's Deep head. Good thing about Legolas figures is: they're all pretty darned good. To look at the Fellowship likeness and describe it as "not so good" or even "crappy" is a statement about how remarkably well they've done with the latter versions.

JediTricks
03-14-2004, 06:05 PM
After making that post above, I took a good look at my ROTK Legolas, and while I'm confident about the back of the head, it is possible that the face is the same but so severely different in the paint department that the features just look so darn different. I will say that the paint on the Helm's Deep figure really seems fairly different compared to the rest, very brown and monotone.

Couldn't agree more about Toy Biz capturing Bloom's likeness on these figures, it's scary how good even the first Legolas figure and then compare that to pretty much every Aragorn figure who has sculpt and/or paint issues that add up to drunks and freaks ;).

My area has been dry of new figures for a few weeks now, how have sightings been for the rest of you?

LTBasker
03-14-2004, 06:34 PM
pretty much every Aragorn figure who has sculpt and/or paint issues that add up to drunks and freaks ;).

Yeah...I've been looking at every King Aragorn figure I find hoping it's a good enough paint app to make me want it, but all of'em just stink. He looks so fake it's horrible.

kool-aid killer
03-15-2004, 10:27 AM
JT, i havent found squat for two months now. The last people i picked up were Pippen in Gondor armor and the Haradrim archer. Other than that its been very slow. Hopefully it picks up soon, or else the extra customers ROTK may have produced fall off. And at the rate the figures seem to be coming out at i wouldnt be suprised if this is the last year we see Toybiz make LOTR figures. You would think with the movies release they would have had more products out.

Reefer Shark
03-22-2004, 09:33 AM
This is from theGD.com:

"Well...some folks have seen the images floating around the net and others have been constantly asking for the pictures. While we don't have the image ourselves, we know which site does...here is a hint. There is a country near Japan that was once divided...and still remains so...there is an online toy retailer with the initials of that country in their online name. DO NOT SEND us e-mails asking for the answer...we will not answer them for fear of bringing on the wrath of Toybiz!"

So....... anyone have any idea what this website is??? I really want to see pics of that figure!!

jjreason
03-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Jeez, nice riddle. I personally have no idea, but the country has to be China, does it not? Prior to Hong Kong being amalgamated back into the People's Republic, the country was divided. It still is might represent the fact that water lies between? I guess we're no closer to the answer...... :(

Jargo
03-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Well it's either 'S K' or 'N K' so come up with a site using those initials in the name. I just found it. small pic but the set looks mighty fine. Gimli, legolas HD, Aragorn SP, Gandalf GTW and MOS on horse. MOS wears a crown like helm the horse is heavily armoured. They both have tattered robes hanging down. Only the MOS and horse seem new. Yet more repacks for the other figures.

The box is done in what appears to be a printed wooden effect like a the gates themselves. It's alright looking but why the frell do I want to buy four figures I've already got just to get a frelling horse and rider? Toybiz can get the frell out of here with that one. What a rip off. No chance of me even thinking of shelling out the cash for this.

jjreason
03-22-2004, 03:36 PM
I finally found a pic as well, but couldn't see the blasted new figure or horse worth a kick in the pants. It is, as Jargo posted above, the obiligatory Dark Rider variation, complete with armored horse. Tough to see, the detailing on the figures head was. Be nice if it fits with the Witch King of Angmar, along the same lines but a little more subdued in the "Crowniness" of the helm armor department. I guess I'll likely shell for the set, I have a couple of friends who like the movies and will take my casted off extras for their informal collections.

Reefer Shark
03-22-2004, 03:46 PM
I finally found it too ;)

Great looking set. Too bad we'll have to buy duplicates to get it! :(

kool-aid killer
03-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Any idea on if hes going to come with the craptacular rubbery legs similar to other horse and rider figures? Im hoping he comes with regular legs. Yeah, repacks dont thrill me either but i have avoided buying any Aragorns, Legolas, and Gimlis in the past months just in case so i wont be getting doubles of many.

A Target near me has marked down the ROTK figures in the old school box. They had an army of SP Smeagols, too many SP Aragorns, and the occasional Eowyn in armor for about $5. Sharku and his Warg (a piece that i want but have yet to shell out for) is marked down to $13. I will probably pick him up later this week before he disappears on me.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-23-2004, 04:23 PM
Yeah, still no luck on that site for me. If anybody wants to give any more hints or any more direct responses, please drop me a PM or toss out a fairly obvious hint!!! C'mon!!! after all the pics i've posted!!! Help a brutha out!! :crazed:

kool-aid killer
03-23-2004, 08:36 PM
Word on LOTRG is that the site that had the pic has taken it down. But some are saying a simple Google search will bring it up. Ive heard it isnt anything special so im not in any hurry to see it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-23-2004, 08:56 PM
The mighty Lords of the Lord of the Ring figures descended upon me and a mighty light shone and at its helm was a pic of the Gates of Mordor Set!! I think it looks pretty fabulous myself and can't wait to get it!! If you've played the ROTK game, that's pretty much what he looks like. Great set! :D

Jayspawn
03-24-2004, 05:19 PM
My Targets have marked down the Wargs, Aragorns & Legolas's w/ Horses down to $8.89 and figures (Treebeard, SP Gollum, Eowyn, Armored Aowyn, Prologue Bilbo) down to $3.33. The newest AOME figures are starting to show at Target as well. Better than Suncoasts prices.

JediTricks
03-24-2004, 05:40 PM
I saw an AOME rider with horse carded set that someone had recently returned to this Target, only there was no rider and the horse was brightly colored, didn't fit the bubble tray... and had a giant wheel on the underside. :D I think someone at Target customer service got duped. :p

Reefer Shark
03-25-2004, 01:20 PM
I've seen that too (at the Burbank target). Only they were the 3 packs and had some cheap plastic medieval figures (didn't recognize them). They looked like they came out of a gumball machine or something. I've seen the same thing with Star Wars figures too.....

Man, apparently you could throw anything in a package and return it to Target :rolleyes:

clonehead
03-25-2004, 01:41 PM
i just have something to say for all of you to yell at me.

i found a twilight frodo about 6 months ago, and i didn't buy it.

be gentile.

Jargo
03-25-2004, 06:36 PM
I couldn''t be bothered with TW Frodo until the three pack of TW figures. So just bought that and saved a fortune and got three instead of the one. TW Smeagol is the best. Even if he doesn't have the ring. Still lookin for Haradrim archers though. aint nowhere got em at retail round me. Plenty overpriced online but none round me. Same with Uruk bowman. Just a sea of frelling Gollums and Smeagols wherever you frelling turn. cases and cases of them stacked high, kids being buried under Gollum slides, So many Gollums they had to empty all the other stock out to fit em all in the store. Frell you Toybiz!!!!!

kool-aid killer
03-25-2004, 08:34 PM
I finally picked up Sharku and his Warg today at Target. His previous mark down price had been marked down to a little under $9 so i picked him up before he disappeared. Any idea on when new figures should hit? Off all the lines i collect this one has been the worst in terms of getting new product out. Im having a hard time keep interest in it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Kool aid- the next line of ROTK Trilogy figures (Faramir, King of the Dead, Witchking of Anmar and Merry in Armor) are due out in the March/April area. I do all my ordering from Bigbadtoystore.com and this is the date they have up plus i've seen this date on several other sites as well. Cheers! :D

Reefer Shark
03-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Waiting patiently for amored Merry & Faramir..... I've already scored the Morgul Lord & KOTD from an online store in Canada :D :D :D

Hey!
More new AOME stuff is hitting Suncoast. I just found the new Horse/Rider sets (picked up Arwen/Frodo & Eowyn/Merry), and the Fell Beast playset. Very cool stuff! I'll probably go back for the other two Horse/Rider sets & the Fell Beast.....

JediTricks
03-26-2004, 07:45 PM
After Target replaced my copies of FOTR:EE and TTT:EE since they were both pretty messed up in-package, we watched FOTR and you can see the ring during those scenes where it's being worn. Of course, you can only see it in "twilight-vision" or whatever it's called. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-27-2004, 05:00 PM
A fellow geek on LOTRG found ROTK wave 2 at a FYE store in NY!!! So, these bad boys are hittin' the states!!! Good luck and happy hunting!! :D

TheDarthVader
04-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Still looking for KOTD, Merry, WK RW, and Faramir. I hope they will appear here in Texas soon. Has anyone else found these in the United States at RETAIL?

RooJay
04-06-2004, 08:55 PM
I've found all of the new AOME horse and rider sets at Suncoast this past weekend. I've already picked up Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth (would've grabbed them all, but I had already gone on a spending spree that day and only had enough left for one ;) ), but they had all in good quantity. They also had the Osgiliath Ruins w/ Fell Beast. These things are getting better and better with each release - the tiny Arwen figure is actually a recognizable likeness of Liv Tyler!

Reefer Shark
04-06-2004, 09:26 PM
Yeah, they are great little figures huh? I really dig the horse rider sets. So far I've only been going for the horse/riders (have 'em all so far), and just a few of the 3 packs (Fall of Sauron 3pk rules). I also plan on picking up the Osgiliath ruins, the Morgul Lord Fell Beast, and the Fellowship 9 pack.

Only bummer is that a few of the horse/rider sets are "leaners". Faramir's horse leans so hard to right that I had to superglue one of his unsecured legs to the stand (looks just fine now :D).

kool-aid killer
04-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Good News: I finally seen a new LOTR figure in Omaha.

Bad News: He was at the local collector/scalper shop going for $20.

It was the Glow in the Dark King of the Dead figure. He looked nice, but for that amount im going to hope i can find him at retail. Judging by the lack of responses in this thread recently, it seems safe to assume that everyone else here is having a hard time finding anything new. This line irks me, how dumb was it to basically lose a lot of merchandising momentum by not having more toys out around ROTK's release?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Kool Aid- well, the figues aren't due out till April/May, so it is sort in line with ROTK's DVD release on May 25th. The figures are popping up in the states, but many stores still have King Aragorns and Pippin's warming the shelves. It's kinda like the SW syndrome.

I have all my LOTR stuff pre-ordered online so i don't have to put up with all of this waiting business. I can't wait for the new ROTK line!! Faramir looks pretty sweet!! HH!! :D

Silent Chazz
04-11-2004, 09:03 PM
OT: ROTK comes out on DVD in MAY? I thought it'd be August like the other 2.

Reefer Shark
04-12-2004, 01:41 AM
Yep!

End of May, cant wait!!!! :D Hopefully JMG's theory is right, and we'll start seeing some new goods as well!

TheDarthVader
04-12-2004, 05:38 PM
I still have not found those four figures, and I am guessing that the figures not might make it to retail May. Who knows? We will see them eventually.
I can't wait for ROTK on DVD!!! I will have to wait on the EE though. In the meantime, I'll watch ROTK with a friend. He,he!

Jayspawn
04-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Just want to let everyone know, I pickd up The Morgal Lord, The King of the Dead, Merry in Rohon Armor and Faramir in armor at TRU yesterday. They rang up $7.99 though -not $5.99 as the rack indicates. Awesome figures though. Merry, Faramir and the King of the Dead alll have removable helmets and look great in them. The Morgal Lord of my favorite. They had several and most of them had bent up armor but I managed to find a perfect one.

So they are out!

kool-aid killer
04-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Cool find Jayspawn, my hopes have now been raised. Im really looking forward to Merry in Rohan armor the most. I may need to check my local TRUs soon. By the way, anybody seen any Slave Trolls hanging around? Im interested.

RooJay
04-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Just want to let everyone know, I pickd up The Morgal Lord, The King of the Dead, Merry in Rohon Armor and Faramir in armor at TRU yesterday. They rang up $7.99 though -not $5.99 as the rack indicates. Awesome figures though. Merry, Faramir and the King of the Dead alll have removable helmets and look great in them. The Morgal Lord of my favorite. They had several and most of them had bent up armor but I managed to find a perfect one.

So they are out!

Wow, bummer! I don't know about any other states, but here in Cali we have laws on the books that state that stores must sell their merchandise for the price at which they are marked. It has to do with countering false advertising and the old "Bait and Switch" scam. If something like that were to happen at my local TRU I'd have no trouble getting them to give me the price on the shelf tag.

JediTricks
04-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Yeah, stores are even routinely checked by the state to make sure they don't have incorrect ringups like that. What I do when this comes up is take the shelf tag off the shelf and bring it to the register or customer service desk. And you can still do that, just take the receipt back to the store at the customer service desk and show them the price on the receipt vs the price on the shelf and they will give you your money back, it's company policy.

jjreason
04-18-2004, 04:33 AM
I got the Morgul Lord and King of the Dead today myself, and am also very happy with both. :cool: figures.

jonthejedi
04-18-2004, 06:49 AM
I went to 4 Toys R Uss's...and never saw hide nor hair of Morgul Witch King or King of the Dead...just Merry.

jjreason
04-19-2004, 11:46 PM
I got my TWFrodo in the mail today from TheDarthVader - which pretty much brings my LOTR collection to it's completion point. I can't really think of much else I want from this line, other than possibly the full sized fell beast when it becomes available.

mm74md
04-20-2004, 02:39 PM
I passed on the King of the Dead & Faramir. KOTD looked lame & I thought the Faramir was going to be repacked in the Coronation gift set this summer. Then I look again at the Toy Fair pics & see the figure is completely different that the one released right now.

I'm very upset 'cause now all the TRU's are out of stock

TheDarthVader
04-21-2004, 03:44 PM
I found merry and morgul lord at TRU last week. I am hoping that my TRU gets the Faramir and KOTD in this week. I will post back here if I find those two. The morgul lord is the best of the bunch. He's simply awesome!!! :crazed:

TheDarthVader
04-22-2004, 07:05 PM
FOUND THEM! Yesterday I found King of the Dead and Faramir. My wave is now complete. Watch your local TRU, as many are getting the waves in now. Also keep on eye on Wal Mart. I'm so happy!

Reefer Shark
04-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Sweet!

I just scored Merry at TRU, and had found Faramir the other day at WM. Now I'm all up to date. I really dig this whole wave, all four figures are awesome IMO. Especially the Morgul Lord!

RooJay
04-22-2004, 09:31 PM
I went on a rant with my girlfriend yesterday about how much it sucks that we can't find any new Lord of the Rings figures and guess what happens? We managed to find Faramir, Merry, and the Morgul Lord at two different stores! Ain't it weird how that works out? :D

"Boy, I sure do hate it when I can't win the lottery! :mad: Why is it that I never win the lottery..."
;)

kool-aid killer
04-29-2004, 08:08 PM
I just found the Morgul Lord and Merry at a local TRU. Im happy with both of them. I especially like Merry and his armor, you can see the horse design on his armor. The Morgul Lord looks impressive too. Hopefully the KOTD and Faramir pop up sometime soon, ive been desperate for some new figures for a long time.

JediTricks
04-30-2004, 11:54 PM
Found a semi-hidden Lord of the Dance... er, I mean "King of the Dead" at WM today (hey, good idea dude, put your coveted LOTR figure next to the Transformers extension section, nobody will ever find it there :rolleyes: :p). Generally, I'm not into tertiary characters' figures, but this one has a cool design and glows in the dark, and I'm a sucker for GitD, so I caved. I just checked him out here at the house, this guy is King of the Blacklight! Way to go ToyBiz! The stuff with the paint wash isn't as strong of course, the string is way too clean, and I wish his eyes were painted black like the prototype, but it looks neat none the less.

figrin bran
05-01-2004, 03:06 PM
guess what i found today? a trilogy twilight frodo hanging on the pegs, albeit with damage to the card but i couldn't pass it up. i never thought i'd find it before i find a rotk legolas, though...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Congrats on your find Bran!! I was giddy the day i found my Twilight Frodo!!
the ROTK legolas has been warming pegs here in Athens at wal-mart, so just be sure to check wal-marts for him. Happy Hunting!!

JediTricks
05-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Not in the LA area, I haven't seen another ROTK Legolas in months now, not at WM, Target, or TRU.

THE Slayer
05-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Where can I find a pick of ROTK legolas?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Where can I find a pick of ROTK legolas?

Here is a link to his page @thegd: http://www.thegd.com/Toys/TB_TRR6_legolas.asp

Or if you want a pic directly to him: http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Toybiz/Trilogy/6_Legolas_Press.jpg

Cheers! :)

RooJay
05-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Now that my brother has managed to pick up a King of the Dead for me I am official caught up on my Lord of the Rings collection. I have to say that this latest assortment is, quality wise, one of the best yet. I'm especially fond of Merry in his armor. Faramir is also a much better likeness than the first Faramir figure. Speaking of Faramir - David Wenham has got to be just about the most versatile actor out there right now. I've now watched and enjoyed him as Audrey the transvestite ex-writer of "Spectacular Spectacular" in Moulin Rouge, the wildlife preserve ranger in Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course, the Prince of Gondor in Lord of the Rings, and now as the sidekick/friar/comic relief in Van Helsing (he was great in that role, by the way)!

I've also recently found the newest series of AOME three-packs at Target. All were present though I have so far only picked up the new Helm's Deep Elves and the Men of Gondor sets.

-Durge-
05-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Amy word on Dead warriors?

kool-aid killer
05-10-2004, 09:15 PM
I doubt we get any type of Dead Warriors. I think most of us would prefer Orcs, Rohirrim, or Gondorian soldiers over them anyways, at least i would. But the King does/would look lonely all by himself so i wouldnt be against one someday.

Reefer Shark
05-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Now that my brother has managed to pick up a King of the Dead for me I am official caught up on my Lord of the Rings collection. I have to say that this latest assortment is, quality wise, one of the best yet. I'm especially fond of Merry in his armor. Faramir is also a much better likeness than the first Faramir figure.
Gotta agree with you man. ToyBiz seems to get better and better with each wave.

Beast
05-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Final packaged pictures of the 20" Legolas and Aragorn are up on Neca's site. Damn, these sure look sweet. Can't wait to see that huge Balrog to be revealed. :)

http://necaonline.com/lotrnews6.html
http://necaonline.com/lotrnews7.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
05-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Yeah, the Legolas does look sweet huh? Cant wait to see the Aragorn & Balrog. Great stuff indeed!

My 18" collection grows!

mm74md
05-17-2004, 05:58 PM
I doubt we get any type of Dead Warriors. I think most of us would prefer Orcs, Rohirrim, or Gondorian soldiers over them anyways, at least i would. But the King does/would look lonely all by himself so i wouldnt be against one someday.

I think I read on The Green Dragon that there will be a "Dead" 3 Pack with the King and 2 Warriors....I'm trying to find the article.

figrin bran
05-17-2004, 06:38 PM
there is an upcoming AOME "Dead" 3 pack so maybe that's what you were thinking of?

kool-aid killer
05-19-2004, 01:51 PM
I think that what it most likely would be. I cant imagine Toybiz making a 3 pack that only has one reissued figure (the king) and two new ones (his warriors) at this point in the toy line. Speaking of the king, i just found him and Faramir in armor yesterday at TRU, the only place that seems to have new LOTR figures laying around. Wasnt there supposed to be two versions of the king? One that glowed in the dark (the yellow figure) and a second (the one pictured in Toybiz magazine, kind of whitish-bluish-greenish) or was the second i one i listed just the prototype and the end result was the yellow king? Either way i like the figure, the glow in the dark is cool. I like Faramir in armor too. Probably one of my favorite figures. Im thinking of getting one or two more, perhaps customize him into a generic Gondorian soldier. I really liked the figures that came out in this wave. Nice sculpts and the attention to detail on some of them amaze me.

JediTricks
05-19-2004, 03:04 PM
I thought the KOTD figure's variations were the black-painted eyes and the non-painted eyes. Green Dragon claims there are no variations at all, but their photos (http://www.thegd.com/Toys/TB_TRR6_kotd.asp) are of the painted eyes and less weathering version where mine is the non-painted eyes and more weathering. I'm glad Toy Biz went with the Glow in the Dark coloring rather than the painted coloring that the prototype had, it would have been too similar to the FOTR Twilight Witch King figure (http://www.thegd.com/Toys/TB_TRF6_ringwraithTW.asp).

BTW, I was in TRU the other day and a friend noticed that the old style cards were now $8.99 while the new Trilogy cards were still $5.99. We found a carded Treebeard figure on each card, I explained that the figures were the same, so guess which one was purchased. :p

(http://www.thegd.com/Toys/TB_TRR6_kotd.asp)

Reefer Shark
05-19-2004, 04:23 PM
I thought the KOTD figure's variations were the black-painted eyes and the non-painted eyes. Green Dragon claims there are no variations at all, but their photos (http://www.thegd.com/Toys/TB_TRR6_kotd.asp) are of the painted eyes and less weathering version where mine is the non-painted eyes and more weathering. I'm glad Toy Biz went with the Glow in the Dark coloring rather than the painted coloring that the prototype had, it would have been too similar to the FOTR Twilight Witch King figure (http://www.thegd.com/Toys/TB_TRF6_ringwraithTW.asp).
(http://www.thegd.com/Toys/TB_TRR6_kotd.asp)
Yeah, I noticed all the KOTD's i've seen around here have had the non-painted eyes.

I had ordered mine through a net store in Canada months ago, and ended up getting the black eyed version in tri-logo packaging. Mabye it's just the U.S. versions that aren't painted?

JediTricks
05-19-2004, 04:59 PM
You could be right about that. Since you've seen 'em both in person, which do you prefer of those 2 variations?

Jargo
05-19-2004, 08:46 PM
gosh, long tme since i wrote in this thread. just picked up the TABA gift set and while the figures are all lovely save for massive head Bilbo and the fact they all have the same hands, the only disappointment is the red book of the Westmarch. what was the pointin doing that? baffles me completely. It's total garbage.

Picked up merry in trilogy packaging. nice figure. the helmet fits so much better than the thing that came with armoured Pippin. Still looking for Faramir and Morgul lord. KOTD doesn't excite me so I'll let him go to those that want such trinkets. I'd rather save my cash and spend on the fell beast and other figures later in the year.

Still wading through Gollums by the shedload over here. I'm so sick of seeing his skinny white butt everywhere. hard to believe they've got so many more versions planned. with fish, with heads, with smeagol face, in gift set, from Prologue.... well at least that's a different figure. an ugly one but different.

Thank god I haven't been completist about LOTR.

Anyone else noticed that the joints on the figures are getting weaker? the figures seem very floppy lately. more like raggedy dolls than action figures.

Toybiz really could do with putting out a few good large accessories too.

Not to mention Gandalf and his cart and pony, Bill the pony with Sam, and more danged Hobbits!

Reefer Shark
05-19-2004, 09:16 PM
You could be right about that. Since you've seen 'em both in person, which do you prefer of those 2 variations?
I think I like the black eyed version a little more. I can't remember if he actually had blacked out eyes in the movie or not, but it does seem to make the figure more creepy.

Jargo,
I agree about the Gollums, enough of ole Smeagol already. The only one I'm looking forward to is the prologue version. Or if they're gonna do more at least really make him super-poseable (with double jointed elbows and knees and such).

RooJay
05-24-2004, 04:12 PM
I was in KB this past weekend and I noticed that all of their LOTR figures have gone back up in price, including all the left over old style packaging consisting largely of bendy Gollumses. Last week they were trying to give the suckers away with any LOTR figure purchase! Seems they're hoping the DVD release will help them get rid of 'em at full price. Shady...

Reefer Shark
05-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Nice,
All those Gollums are just gonna keep clogging their shelves then. :rolleyes:
The weak promo "buy two figures, get a free gollum" didn't even make a dent in the mass Gollums in my local KB's.

kool-aid killer
05-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Any idea on when the next wave of figures should hit? The past Toybiz wave has resparked my interest in the line, i dont think any of the four figures looked bad, and im hoping something new will pop up in the next month or so. It sucks having to wait. AOME is so tempting right now with the Easterlings and Rohirrim sets out.

Jayspawn
05-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Not sure when the next wave is supposed to hit. I think the Morgal Lord wave hasnt hit full force yet. I've only seen remains latley.

Looks like ToyBiz has Deagol on tap for 2006.

jonthejedi
05-30-2004, 07:15 AM
Speaking of AOME...where's all the new sets I only saw at Suncoast...they had Fell beast/Osgiliath set for 29.99. I wish now I'd bought it. Toys R Us, Target & WalMart has had nuthin' new. Does this have to do with Playalong's absorbtion by Jakks?

Reefer Shark
06-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Speaking of AOME...where's all the new sets I only saw at Suncoast...they had Fell beast/Osgiliath set for 29.99. I wish now I'd bought it. Toys R Us, Target & WalMart has had nuthin' new. Does this have to do with Playalong's absorbtion by Jakks?I've only seen that set once at Suncoast too...... I wish I would have bought it as well.

I just received my Tower exclusive minimate Sauron today, and it is a great little figure! I very happy with it. Pretty big, and nicely detailed for a minimate. Well worth the $6.99 price tag IMO. A nice little detail is that his cape is articulated, it's made up of 3 pieces (2 are moveable). Pretty cool~

Here's link to a pic at Tower.com:
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=3012468

-Durge-
06-02-2004, 12:43 AM
Any word on whats comming up for 2005?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-02-2004, 10:24 AM
Any word on whats comming up for 2005?

Yeah, check the threads about february 21st that had all the pics from toyfair. That's what's coming up for the rest of the year :D

Jayspawn
06-02-2004, 10:59 AM
I got my Sauron Minimate. Nice little figure. I'm gonna have him in some adventures w/ Star Trek and Marvel Minimates!

Beast
06-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Updates on the NECA Aragorn and Legolas. Man, they are nice. But I don't collect 20" stuff. Would be nice to see NECA snag the license when it expires in 2005-2006. And deliver some really nice detailed smaller scale figures. :)

http://www.necaonline.com/lotrnews9.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
06-05-2004, 05:40 PM
I just put in a pre-order for those two today, cant wait to get 'em! Hopefully we'll get more someday, a Ringwraith would be awesome. As soon as that Balrog is available I'm gonna pre-order that as well.

RooJay
06-05-2004, 10:20 PM
Personally, I'd prefer the license stay with a company that'd keep the figures more articulated. NECA's a great company, but they tend to be a bit on the McFarlane side where articulation is concerned. I'm praying that ToyBiz renews.

Reefer Shark
06-06-2004, 01:11 AM
I love the ToyBiz line. Truly great stuff. The only problems I've had with the line have been their scale issues, but I guess it's not that big of a deal.

With that said, I honestly hope the Toybiz line dies when the license expires. I think that by the end of this years figures, all the important characters are pretty well covered. And I don't want to see anymore Aragorns, Gollums, or Legolas figures on the shelves. In fact at this point, the only un-announced character I would like to see would be Gothmog. I've got an extra Warg waiting for him :cool:

Of course I could just not buy anymore LOTR figures, but my comletist nature has kicked in with this line. The only way I could stop buying these guys at this point is if they stop making them.

TheDarthVader
06-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Even though I believe NECA is doing a great job and I preordered the Balrog, I hope that Toy Biz renews their license. I have enjoy the Toy Biz line.

RooJay
06-07-2004, 02:15 PM
I'd like to go on record saying that if ToyBiz does let the license lapse, that whomever picks it up after does the figures in the 3 3/4" scale. I've always thought that the line would work so much better on that scale considering the size of some of the creatures. It would've been much easier to produce figures of the trolls, fellbeasts, oliphaunts, and the Balrog if the regular figures were in the smaller scale. Not to mention how much more practical it would make playsets and things like Gandalf's cart, various catapults and seige weaponry, and a greater number of horse and rider sets than the larger scale allows for.

jonthejedi
06-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Found new AOME sets at my local Target: Cirith Ungol orcs, Elf warrior set#2,
Gondorian soldiers with Arargorn, and Goblin disguise Frodo & Sam with Orc whipmaster(extended DVD scene???). No (alas) deluxe sets....I wannna that Fell beast out of the box!

Reefer Shark
06-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Well, it looks like the "Gates of Mordor" box set, and the Fell Beast are showing up in Hong Kong right now. Hopefully we'll start seeing it soon too. They've got pics of both here, at the Green Dragon (http://www.thegd.com/).

I'll put up a few pics of MOS here too in case ToyBiz yanks 'em down from the 'net:

JediTricks
06-12-2004, 03:53 AM
Is that the Mouth Of Sauron guy who goes around saying "you guys suck" to our heroes or something? ;)

I love the graphics on that Fell Beast box, the movie photo is of a tiny guy hugging a giant dragony-thing's neck and then the toy is a big cloaked dude crushing a sad winged pony. :D

Reefer Shark
06-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Is that the Mouth Of Sauron guy who goes around saying "you guys suck" to our heroes or something? ;)

I love the graphics on that Fell Beast box, the movie photo is of a tiny guy hugging a giant dragony-thing's neck and then the toy is a big cloaked dude crushing a sad winged pony. :D
Nah, he says.. "my daddy can kick your daddys @ss!".

I agree on the Fell Beast box. The box looks better than the Fell Beast! It's really kinda sad... I'm just glad it's only gonna be around $20. I'll buy it and keep it sealed I think.

Jargo
06-12-2004, 11:34 AM
is it just me or does the mouth of Sauron look like he belongs in Hellraiser? kinda like he got lost and someone shoved a cape on his back and shoved him on a horse and said "you'll do".

Fell beast I think I'm getting a couple of but removing the riders and just having them fly round free. I'll pretend they're baby fell beast...... or deformed ones or something...... can't believe Toybiz are making us buy four old figures to get the MOS. really really ********* practise. and i thought hasbroken were bad enough.

sad thing is i'll buy the set coz i really want the MOS. what the hell do you do with four figures you already bought like sixty million times? grrrrrrrrr

the rotocast stone troll is at least worthwhile getting though. same scale as the regular figures and no gimmicks so I'm lead to believe.

RooJay
06-12-2004, 12:55 PM
I think they easily could've pushed the scale a bit further with a rotocast Fellbeast. It would've been much better at three feet long, and he could've been packed in three pieces to fit - neck, body, and tail. Shame. :neutral:

Jayspawn
06-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Picked up Faramir in Gondor Armor this morning. Awesome figure, easily one of my favorites! I hope they do the regular Gondorian Soldier in that outfit. I think the Mouth of Sauron figure looks great. I dont think we need another Gimli (though it is a cool figure) we have several already from other packs.

RooJay
06-17-2004, 06:15 PM
I got hold of the first wave of LOTR Minimates this past weekend at TRU. These things are freakin' cool! Frodo even comes with a miniscule one ring on a chain (silver string) that loops around his neck! My favorites so far are Gandalf, Gollum, Legolas, and 'Twilight' Frodo. I'm now collecting LOTR toys in four different scales - the regular ToyBiz line, the ToyBiz rotocast line, AOME, and now Minimates. Can't wait for the next wave. I hope they do some Minimates horses with these, too!

Reefer Shark
06-17-2004, 06:23 PM
Nice score, I know I'm gonna end up folding for the minimates. Good to know that they're showing up at TRU, guess those TRU Marvel minimate 4 packs must be selling ok.

Hey Roojay,
Are they about the same size as the Marvel ones? I'm curious how the Sauron minimate is gonna look with the rest of 'em.

RooJay
06-17-2004, 07:53 PM
the Hobbits are the same size as the Marvel minimates. The others are the size of the Star Trek minimates.

Jayspawn
06-18-2004, 09:23 PM
So give us the story on the LOTR Minimates! How much are they? Who comes with who?

figrin bran
06-20-2004, 01:33 AM
okay, 9.99 for each set of 4 minimates (at least that's what TRU is charging)

one set has aragorn, saruman, legolas and twilight frodo which is hidden
the other set has gandalf, frodo, gollum and a hidden uruk-hai

i've never done custom figures before but these mini mates are so easy to take apart that i just might start looking at other kubrick style figures for great custom fodder.

Jayspawn
06-21-2004, 10:32 AM
Went and checked out my TRU -no sign of the MiniMates. :p

Jayspawn
06-22-2004, 08:31 PM
Hey I found the Minimates at TRU. I picked up the Aragorn, Saruman and Legolas set. Nice figures -especially Aragorn. Saruman's robes look a little weird but thats ok. Cant wait for the others!

mm74md
06-23-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey I found the Minimates at TRU. I picked up the Aragorn, Saruman and Legolas set. Nice figures -especially Aragorn. Saruman's robes look a little weird but thats ok. Cant wait for the others!

I was wondering if anybody had the SKU number from the 2 sets that are out. I've been calling many TRU in the DC area & nobody has a clue what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance!

Beast
06-30-2004, 01:32 PM
And now, for all you eager ladies and gentlemen. The first look at the NECA Balrog. This massive beauty will be winging it's way to shelves in 2005. Note that the picture is still an early prototype, and the final paint deco has not been applied to it. They already are aware the prototype is too orange at the moment. That will be fixed on the final version. Articulation and features are still being worked on. You can see and read more about the upcoming massive figure in Issue #124 of Tomarts. :)

You shall not pass!

Check your local newsstands for an exclusive first look at the upcoming Epic Scale Balrog Action Figure in the August issue of Tomart's Action Figure Digest. Issue #124 of Tomart's will present an in depth look at the making of the most anticipated large scale figure of ALL TIME.Check back for more images and details on this monumentous figure, scheduled for release in 2005.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
06-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Cool! Too bad they couldn't have thrown a Toybiz figure into that cover pic for size comparisson, though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Good lord, it looks glorrrrrrrrrrrrrrious.....so so awesome. I tip my hat to NECA. I am curious about size comparison to TB figs though. I guess i'll hafta wait till i find one to compare it! :D

Reefer Shark
07-01-2004, 08:57 PM
It does look awesome! I can't wait to get one.

I saw a 18" Aragorn at Spencer gifts the other day. If I didn't already have one pre-ordered through BBTS, I would have bought it.

Reefer Shark
07-18-2004, 05:14 PM
I found a Toybiz Fell Beast today at TRU. He was $19.99 there. I know the beast is grossly underscaled, but the box art is beautiful. Some of the best packaging artwork I've seen.

I think I'll be keeping mine sealed since the box looks so damn good.

kool-aid killer
07-21-2004, 02:21 PM
Cool find on the fell beast. Im not suprised that it looks underscale, can you imagine the size and extra cost of a proper scaled one? As it is i will be picking one up with no complaining about its size, its far from being the biggest flaw in the LOTR toy line (can anybody say too many bendy crappy Gollum/Smeagols?) I havent seen any pictures of the box so im hoping that i will be pleasently suprised when i see it.

EDIT: Does it include a Ringwraith? If so is it the same one from the horse and rider sets?

Reefer Shark
07-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Hey Kool-aid,
Yep: does include a ringwraith, and it does look like it's the same one from the horse and rider set.

I saw a few more at another TRU the other day too, but the boxes were all cruched up.

RooJay
07-22-2004, 01:14 PM
Anyone know what's happening with the AOME line at Target? I've noticed that all of the playsets from the line have gone on clearance. The figure three-packs and horse and rider sets remain at regular price. Also, anyone know what the deal is with the Osgiliath Ruins/Fellbeast playset? I've seen the thing a grand total of two times, and was really hoping to have one someday.

Beast
07-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Here's some really nice unpainted piccies of the Neca Balrog. With a 20 oz. bottle next to it for scale refrences. Looks really nicey nice. :)

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=2004_SDCC%2FNECA%2FLOTR

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Reefer Shark
07-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Nice!! That thing is huge!

Over at TNI (thanks for the link in the Marvel thread JJB), they have pics of the upcoming Dark Galadriel, and GOTHMOG!! Old Goth looks like it's gonna be a sweet-@ss figure. I cant wait for that one. I have an extra Warg waiting for him! :smoker:

You can see the pics here. (http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=2004_SDCC%2FToy_Biz%2FLOTR)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-27-2004, 11:18 AM
The Balrog looks awesome and all the new figures shown at SDCC look FANTASTIC. This line just rocks.

Check this out: http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Custom/MS/MS_Mumakil11.jpg

It's a custom Mumakill made by some dude over at the GD. This thing is really freakin' impressive. I can only imagine if TB tried to produce something like this. Oh, wait, they wouldn't, they'd just let NECA do it. :crazed: cheers! :D

JediTricks
07-27-2004, 08:13 PM
That is frickin' insane!!! The elephant is probably a lawn decoration, but what he did with it is outstanding. Having that figure on horseback in front of it is the perfect touch.

Reefer Shark
07-27-2004, 09:50 PM
That is frickin' insane!!! The elephant is probably a lawn decoration, but what he did with it is outstanding. Having that figure on horseback in front of it is the perfect touch.I agree, that is just awesome!! If only I had the room for something like that. I love the idea of using a lawn decoration, or a statue. That's something I would be more likely to try, but it looks like this one is made from scratch JT.

They have some "in production" pics of it over at the GD. Here's a link to the pics (http://www.thegd.com/Toys/Custom/custom_ms.asp)

I always look forward to the custom pics at that website!!

jonthejedi
07-30-2004, 04:57 AM
I saw the Fell beast set at Toys R Us...but that overscaled ringwraith just sent me packin' out da door. Toy Biz coulda made a smaller witch king to actually look halfway decent sittin' on the poor things neck. A for package design, though...but I'm not payin' $20 for good illustrated cardboard.

jonthejedi
07-30-2004, 10:09 AM
One of my local WalMart's had the AOME Fellowship set with all 9 characters & base. I bought this set months ago from Kaybee Toys.com. Strangely...Bill The Pony is missing from the WalMart version!

TheDarthVader
07-31-2004, 04:55 PM
That mamakil is awesome! It must have consummed a lot of time in making that monsterous thing.
Has anyone seen the new waves yet? I thought they were due in July?? This includes: Elrond in robes, gil-galad, elendil, moria archer, lurtz, peter jackson chase figure, sp aragorn, isengard orc, sp frodo, boromir, gamling, sp gollum with fish, sp shelob, coronation arwen, sp gollum w. one ring, sp coronation gimli, and uruk hai warrior. What happened to these waves? Anyone know? Thanks.

B
TDV

RooJay
08-04-2004, 06:58 PM
I personally have not seen any new Lord of the Rings toys since early May. What's worse is that I actually visit a lot of stores - nobody has anything new; at least not anywhere near me.

Reefer Shark
08-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Yeah... I'm patiently waiting for the new ToyBiz figures, and Gate of Mordor box set.

I did find a new AOME today at K-Mart though. They had two of the new orc w/warg set (the orc with the skull on his helmet, don't know his name).

RooJay
08-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Speaking of AOME, I forgot to mention that Target now has all of the playsets on clearance at $6.98! I finally picked up the Bridge of Khazad-Dum/Balrog playset. They're all really cool, and I recommend picking them up if you've been waiting. Hopefully they've only been clearanced out to make room for the new stuff.

The only criticism I have of the Balrog playset is that the Balrog is only very mostly complete. He's very nearly a whole and awesome figure in his own right. I wonder if they really saved that much money producing the thing by leaving out half of one of the Balrog's legs? :confused:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-04-2004, 11:23 PM
amazon.com has the Elrond in Robes figure for sale.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/toys/B0001ZZR0C/qid%3D1091679881/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-7509407-5927954
I HIGHLY suggest ordering this figure quickly before it's gone. As usual, i take no responsibility for amazon and hteir actions blah blah blah blah. :crazed: Cheers! :D

figrin bran
08-08-2004, 01:38 AM
check your local suncoasts for the latest shipment of aome horse/rider sets! there's morannon orc on warg, pippen + gandalf on shadowfax and some re-releases.

jonthejedi
08-08-2004, 05:31 AM
I found both Coronation & Black Gates of Mordor gift sets at my local Toys R Us...but what's up with that $40 price point for Mordor...mighty expensive steed. Mouth of Sauron fig. is awesome, but the whole set are reissued figs.

RooJay
08-10-2004, 05:18 PM
I saw both also at TRU this morning. It kind of sucks that all but the Mouth of Sauron and his horsey are repacks, but he's so cool that I think he's still worth forty bucks! I never managed to pick up the ROTK Gandalf the White figure that comes in the set anyway so it's a better deal for me anyway. I only wish I'd had the 40 bucks on me! :(

The Arwen coronation figure looks much better than I thought she would as well, even though she still towers over her dude.

JediTricks
08-11-2004, 08:30 PM
I spotted that Black Gate of Mordor set at WM yesterday, they buried in the clearance aisle but it wasn't on sale.

jonthejedi
08-16-2004, 04:32 AM
Been spotting new AOME at local K-Marts(new horse & rider sets) & Targets(Taming of Smeagol; Fighting Legolas, Gimli & Boramir; Haradrim warriors, etc.).

jonthejedi
08-17-2004, 03:49 PM
Found AOME Shelob's Lair & Pelennor Fields w?Fell Beast(Witch King/Eowyn) scenes at my local WalMart, both judiciously priced at only 19.99 @. Glad I waited at Suncoast.

jjreason
08-17-2004, 04:40 PM
The Arwen coronation figure looks much better than I thought she would as well, even though she still towers over her dude.

By "her dude", I can only assume you mean the Lord Farquhad figure they cleverly tried to disguise as King Aragorn? :crazed:

Reefer Shark
08-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Found AOME Shelob's Lair & Pelennor Fields w?Fell Beast(Witch King/Eowyn) scenes at my local WalMart, both judiciously priced at only 19.99 @. Glad I waited at Suncoast.
Hey jonthejedi,
I read somewhere else that play along skimped out on these sets. I read that Shelob appears very articulated on the box art, but when you open it, none of the leg joints are there.

I also read that the Pellenor Fields set doesn't come with the fallen Theoden, Horse, and Orc that are pictured on the base. Can you confirm if any of this is true?

On another note,
I found a few new Toybiz figures today at TRU. I scored Gimli, Shelob, and Mordor Uruk Hai. They all look great! Can't wait to get home from work and bust 'em open.

RooJay
08-18-2004, 12:35 AM
My nearest local TRU has located LOTR toys to the prominent endcap near the main aisle. Hopefully that means they're planning on sticking lots of cool new junk out there for me to buy! FINALLY