PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings figures

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

jonthejedi
08-18-2004, 05:37 AM
Reefer...I didn't buy Shelob(tryin' to conserve funds for SW OTC & new Toy Biz LOTR)...but Pelennor Fields has no Orc, King Theoden or horse. I didn't open it yet. I wish I'd nabbed the Osgilioth(sp!) Fell beast set when I'd seen it.

Reefer Shark
08-18-2004, 10:54 PM
Yeah, no doubt. Now I really wish I had bought the Osgiliath set when I saw it too. I spotted it once at Suncoast for $29.99.

mm74md
08-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Yeah, no doubt. Now I really wish I had bought the Osgiliath set when I saw it too. I spotted it once at Suncoast for $29.99.

I got my Osgiliath set off of eBay recently for $24 + shipping and it is awesome. Well worth the $$. I currently have the Shelob & Pelennor Fields on layaway at WM. I'm thinking about getting my money back for them since I saw the news at thegd.com about the lack of detail on the Pelennor set.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-21-2004, 02:28 AM
thanks to the marvelous folks at Big Big Toy Store, i today got a HUGE box that had: the Coronation Gift set, the Black Gates of Mordor Gift set, FOTR Trilogy set wave 3 and ROTK Trilogy set wave 3. Here is my brief review of each figure, starting with ROTK figures (keep in mind, i'm a MOC collector):

Ringwraith- This is pretty much a basic repack with a few adjustments. to me, the cloak looks far better and much spookier. There seems to be some sort of cloth robe now and it's very well done and adds a lot to the design.

Gollum w/ one ring- basic gollum here. The expression on his face is kinda funny and he does have the one ring plastered to his hand. It's "super poseable" which is good, but it doesn't improve much. I do like the back where they have what you can do with him and it just says, "super poseable figure can recreate key scenes from the movie!" lol

Cirith Ungol Uruk Hai- Army builders, prepare to pee thyselves. This figure is AWESOME. The detail on teh armor is just fascinating and the shield is the style with the slight cut in one end to trap a human and lob off his head!! This definately is a must have figure for army builders and collectors alike. Awesome figure.

Shelob- Wow. just wow. TB did a FANTASTIC job with her. The detail and paint apps on her are perfect and her many eyes are beyond creepy. Her legs are very well done too with the joints where they are. I'm SERIOUSLY debating getting an extra to open. Simply awesome. Once again, i love TB's instructions for her:"Unfold the super poseable arms for creepy fun!" Who writes these things?!!

Coronation Arwen- It's pretty much the exact same body as Galdriel, but slightly modified and changed around a tad. The detail and paint on her dress is very good, but something with her hands irks me a bit. They just seem very much like they couldn't hold stuff. Still, it bares a decent resemblance to Liv tyler. Decent figure.

Coronation Gimli- This is basically the outfit Gimli wore at the end of ROTK. Once again, the detail is amazing and his beard is very nicely done. TB has definately gotten better over the years with their paint apps and detailing. I do like how he has two axes with him. Hell, maybe just in case the coronation is ambushed by orcs? :p

FOTR wave 3 (minus Lurtz, get to that in a few)

King Elendil- awesome awesome figure. His armor and outfit are dead on with the flick and the sword, holy crap, if one were to have it packed perfectly vertical with the bubble, it would stretch across i'd say at least 75% of it. The helmet is also very cool and overall, i'm very pleased with the figure.

Elrond of rivendell- This figure is pretty much the weakiest of the bunch, but it's still great. He comes in his Council Robes and his "Neverending story" inspired Tierra. his arms are ready for beckoning and counciling...and not much else. Very good looking figure, but not much you can do with him. Still, i like'em.

Gil-Galad- this is definately one of those "blink and you'll miss him" figures as he's only in Fellowship for a few seconds, but is discussed much more in the novel. The paint and detail on his armor once again is awesome and proves TB's strenghts are in their character design and accessories. He comes with his trusty spear, an elven shield (very cool accessory!) and a face that looks like he's taking a huge steamer. i don't know whether to cheer him on to certain doom or to pass him a paper to pass the time. Still, great to have him.

birthday bilbo- well, you wanted the old drunk hobbit, you got him!! but there isn't much to him. He comes with a barrel he can stand on and deliver lines to confuse hobbits ( I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!). his face is kinda iffy and i can't tell if the ring is visible on him, but i dont' think it's on his hands anywhere.

Moria Orc Archer- Alright, this is probably the best orc figure to date. This guy looks EXACTLY like the Moria orc archer that legolas dispatches with that arrow through the nogan. His face looks AWESOME as he has those huge green eyes and that scowling look on it. The detail and paint are all very well done too. he comes with 3 arrows for Fellowship attacking fun!!

Now, onto the box sets. I won't review the repacks just the new figures:

Coronation- the new Eowyn and faramir are awesome figures and i wish they would get a single carded release. Eowyn, once again, has the same body as Galadriel, but her gown is huge and the detail on it looks painful. the neck is kinda funky and it has a very good resemblance to Mirando Otto, but she looks angry. It's a happy day, dammit, smile, Eowyn!! Faramir is by far my favorite as his outfit looks SUPERB and the likeness to the actor (whose name eludes me) is excellent. His Gondorian armor is very well done and his little cap thing is pretty much the same as King Aragorns. I'm always happy to get characters in their native armor, so this figure is a huge plus. The rest are repacks, but i still love this set.

Black gates of Mordor- this is my FAVORITE piece of the shipment for one simple delicious reason: THE MOUTH OF SAURON. Holy crap. After i got everything unpacked, this was the FIRST thing i wanted to see. He looks AWESOME. The horse has this really spikey armor on it and it looks very evil. The MoS himself looks like one scary mutha and just seeing him makes you ache for the scene of him in the EE. I'd say up the road, TB will give him a single carded release or a set like the Ringwraiths and horses. I don't know, i just think that he'll be very popular after the EE comes out in December. This set is A MUST HAVE simply for the fthis figure and horse alone.

on to Lurtz- TB had originally decided to include him in the basic assortment, but very few cases have had him. I won't say the word "chase" or anything as i don't think its the case. I found an online site that had him cheap and pre-ordered him there. I'm pretty sure it's just a rehash, but i wouldn't mind having him single carded. He looks really nice in that bubble!!

anyway, there you have it. I am VERY pleased with these lines and i'm giddy for the future of LOTR from TB. feel free to post any questions/comments. Thanks. Cheers! :D

ThomasLane
08-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Faramir is by far my favorite as his outfit looks SUPERB and the likeness to the actor (whose name eludes me)...
:D
David Wenham

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the info, TL. :D

thanks to Amazon and its quick availabilty, i was able to pick up the Trilogy carded Lurtz. From what i can tell, it's pretty much a straight repack from the two pack release from FOTR. However, he does look really good in that bubble as he's a huge figure and packs it out nicely. I got the version "with arrows" too. :crazed:

Hope everybody can snag one! :D

Ji'dai
08-26-2004, 05:19 PM
I don't collect this line, but I did see a case of these at Suncoast today -

FOTR wave 3 - King Elendil, Elrond of rivendell, Gil-Galad, birthday bilbo, Moria Orc Archer

jonthejedi
08-27-2004, 06:58 AM
Yeah...my Suncoast too, but I only saw Elrond, Birthday Bilbo & Elendil.

mm74md
08-31-2004, 02:11 PM
Does anyone know of a really nice website with an AOME guide? I can't figure out who gets a few of my weapons & stands and I can't get many good close up detailed shots.

jonthejedi
09-02-2004, 05:26 AM
Found Birthday Bilbo, Orc archer, Elrond, Gil-galad & KIng Elendil at a local Toys R Us. Does anyone know...is Peter Jackson chase figure part of this assortment?

ThomasLane
09-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Found Birthday Bilbo, Orc archer, Elrond, Gil-galad & KIng Elendil at a local Toys R Us. Does anyone know...is Peter Jackson chase figure part of this assortment?

There are none on eBay, so it probably hasn't been released yet.

mm74md
09-02-2004, 11:14 AM
There are none on eBay, so it probably hasn't been released yet.

The Green Dragon (http://www.thegd.com) posts this news...

Sightings: Fellowship 9-Pack PLUS Peter Jackson!!
Well, folks were very skeptical about this at first, but the imagery seen at LOTRG.com has been pretty convincing that this set is indeed the real thing. The set is the Fellowship 9-pack with an ADDITIONAL figure of the Hobbit Peter Jackson figure. There is a sticker on the package and everything designating this find. The picture seen so far appear to have been unaltered. Curious to see if this is a short pack methodology for Toybiz. This would definitely be a keen way to sell more of this set...many people will sink the money into 10 figure to get the one...go on over to the LOTRG.com to see for yourself.

LOTRG.com Forum Link (http://www.lordoftheringsguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13304)

jonthejedi
09-03-2004, 11:54 AM
Found new ROTK from Toy Biz at another local Toys R Us: Coronation Gimli, Coronation Arwen, Superposeable Shelob, Cirith Ungol Uruk Hai(boy, he looks familiar) and Ringwraith.

Ji'dai
09-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Spotted the Gates of Mordor figure set at Suncoast today. If I remember correctly, it has Legolas, Gimli, Sauron's representative on horseback, Aragorn, and Gandalf the White.

RooJay
09-04-2004, 01:56 AM
The Green Dragon (http://www.thegd.com) posts this news...

LOTRG.com Forum Link (http://www.lordoftheringsguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13304)

That'd very well not be the only way to get him. I already have two Gandalf's and four Legolases (Legolai?! There'll be five once I buy my Gates of Mordor set!) when I only needed one of each. I swear that if I have to buy more of the suckers just to get me my Peter Jackson someone at ToyBiz is gettin' a serious kick in the nutz; I know where they work! :mad:

kool-aid killer
09-04-2004, 02:45 PM
I think im going to pass on the set, the PJ figure really doesnt seem worth having all the others again and i can think of a few other toys that i would prefer to get. Hopefully new figures pop around here soon, i havent bought a thing at retail for at least two weeks, and even that wasnt from a line i collect.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-04-2004, 02:49 PM
I think in time this figure will get its own release. Have it be a chase figure or a comic con figure, it'll happen. I wouldn't worry about tossing down the $$ to get'em just yet. :)

RooJay
09-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Got my Shelob the other day, and I'm wondering if anyone else has trouble getting her anywhere near a standing position? All of the legs on mine splay forward - away from the heaviest part of her body which naturally needs the most support. A couple of the legs even cross over each other no matter how I twist them. I love the figure even with the surprising lack of sculpted detail, but I think it's ridiculous that I can't get her to stand. You'd think that with so many legs it'd have been pretty easy to design her to stand. I get the impression than no one bother to check if she could or not while the figure was being developed. :dis:

Reefer Shark
09-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Huh, I got my Shelob to stand pretty good. I left it on the kitchen floor in the corner - scared the crap out of my fiance! :Ogre:

I've officially broken my completist habit, so now I feel no need to get the Peter Jackson Variant. Now I'm just going for Saurons minions, Prologue figures, Armored figures, and a few random others (like Horse/rider sets, etc..).

I just sold a huge collection over the weekend, and man do I feel great! :smoker:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-06-2004, 07:35 PM
(posted at GD)
well, TB has given some general release info regarding their LOTR figures for 2005. Here it be, tenative, of course:

FOTR Trilogy wave 5
Weathertop Strider
Flaming Talking Ringwraith
Talking Rivendell Arwen
Council Legolas
Dark Galadriel

TTT Trilogy Wave 5
To Be Announced

ROTK Trilogy Wave 5
Legolas
Eye of Sauron
Gothmog
Mount Doom Sam
Mount Doom Frodo

Giftsets:
Lothlorien Giftset: Haldir, Celeborn, Legolas, Frodo, and Aragorn
Pelennor Fields Giftset: TBA

I'm VERY curious about this "Talking" crap; that semi-kinda worries me. Should be interestnig what else they announce and whatnot. :D

RooJay
09-06-2004, 08:04 PM
The talking feature sounds pretty cool to me - we have the technology to fully integrate it into the figures themselves without screwing up the design of the figure at all. The only one in that anouncement that gives me pause is the "Eye of Sauron" figure. How would one make a figure out of that?! I don't think we really need it at all and would prefer maybe a withered King Theoden or Oliphaunt Driver figure over that. I predict a pegwarmer there.
I'm really liking the sound of that Lothlorien set! Hopefully it happens and if it does, hopefully well get a fully resculpted Haldir figure in the appropriate outfit rather than the repack of the Helm's Deep figure as ToyBiz always tends toward. Legolas in his silver under-tunic would be nice too - I've got way too many of the same old Legolas figures already.

Also, I almost forgot to mention that I found something quite interesting at SUncoast the other day - an individually packaged Coronation Arwen. I hadn't heard that Toybiz would be releaseing her this way, and I kind of wish I'd known about it in advance. If they were to do the same for Coronation Eowyn and Faramir then I wouldn't have needed to buy the boxed set, and wouldn't have endedup with extra versions of the crappy and far too short King Aragorn and ceremonial armor Eomer! For anyone wanting the Arwen without having to buy the set, she's out there; save your cash!

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Between Suncoast and Target I just hit a huge load...

Suncoast -

Shelob
Coronation Arwen
Coronation Gimli
Dark Rider (nice cloth cape)
Moria Archer Orc
Cirith Ungol Uruk-hai

Target -
Elrond in armor
Gandolf the Grey
Prologue Elvin Warrior

Too bad I dont collect these things, theyre all goin to my sis. Hopefully she can find me a nice OTC Biker Scout or something :ermm:

mm74md
09-08-2004, 09:06 AM
Has anyone seen Lord of the Rings Minimates Wave 1 at retail yet?

RooJay
09-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Seen 'em? I own 'em! These things hit all of the TRU stores near me - all five of 'em - in quantity about a month and half ago. Surely you should've seen them by now. Not only have the series one three-packs been out for a while now, but the first series of two-packs have been all over Suncoast stores recently. The two-packs actually make me angry considering that each one comes with a brand new character packed with one of the previously released figures. They didn't even bother to give us different versions of Legolas and Gandalf with the new Gimli and King Theoden figures. Instead I now have to buy yet another Helm's Deep Legolas and Aragorn, Gandalf the White, and Saruman (who wasn't terribly interesting the first time around!) just to get the new guys! :mad:

I might be able to help you out with them if you'd like.

Also, is anyone out there seeing any AOME Osgiliath Ruins playsets still? I didn't have the cash the first couple times I saw it, and it seems to have disappeared from shelves after an incredibly short time! :(

jonthejedi
09-09-2004, 05:19 AM
I only saw the AOME Osgiliath ruins set once at Suncoast...and never saw it again. Wish I'd bought it now.

mm74md
09-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Seen 'em? I own 'em! These things hit all of the TRU stores near me - all five of 'em - in quantity about a month and half ago. Surely you should've seen them by now.

Nope, not in the TRU LOTR section at least. I hit Suncoast almost daily as I dine at Subway in the local mall during lunch. I've never seen the 2 packs
:frus:

I did however cash in my Replay rewards & got the NECA Aragorn. Very neat!

Reefer Shark
09-17-2004, 10:57 PM
I scored a ToyBiz rotocast Battle Troll today at TRU. His head had come off the peg, and was sitting in the bottom of the package (I think that's the only reason it was there). Got it home and got the head back on with a little elbow grease.

It's a great looking toy. Very well worth the price ($9.99)!

ThomasLane
09-20-2004, 03:11 PM
I found the SP Helm's Deep Aragorn today. I wasn't going to buy it, but the head sculpt was so good... Why did it take Toybiz so long to finally get his face right, when all the other characters have been nearly perfect since the line started?

RooJay
09-20-2004, 10:45 PM
I found the SP Helm's Deep Aragorn today. I wasn't going to buy it, but the head sculpt was so good... Why did it take Toybiz so long to finally get his face right, when all the other characters have been nearly perfect since the line started?

"So good"? "Face RIGHT"?! I was just about to post about how much he looks like Jason Patric and not at all like Viggo. Plus, he's got no neck. If you say you see Viggo in there, I'll believe you buddy. Sadly, I just don't see any resemblance at all. In fact, I was shocked that they didn't just reuse the same head and body sculpt from the original Helm's Deep Aragorn, retooled for the added articulation. That sculpt was, far and away, the best representation and I actually prefer it (even without the added articulation) to the new one. I may even pass on this one. So disappointed I was. :dis:

ThomasLane
09-22-2004, 10:46 AM
When I first read your reply Roojay, I thought you were crazy. Jason Patric? But then I found some photos. Well, he does resemble Jason Patric, but I still think it's a better Viggo likeness than any of the previous offerings. I'll continue to proudly display my "Jason Patric as Aragorn" figure :nerv:

RooJay
09-22-2004, 10:06 PM
Told ya so! ;) :D

Maybe I will get him afterall. I can start a line of customized Lost Boys figures!

Reefer Shark
09-23-2004, 02:13 AM
I scored a TTT Isengard Orc today. He seems like a fairly outdated sculpt. I bet he was designed years ago.

Still.... he's cool looking, and another Orc is always welcome in my book :smoker:

jonthejedi
10-08-2004, 04:09 PM
Our newly opened Super Target had the AOME Siege of Pelennor Fields set with 4 figures, Gondorian catapult, Battle Troll & Orc sige tower. I don't think it rates a $50 price tag, though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-12-2004, 11:00 PM
rumor on the wire is that TB has cancelled the Armored Attack Troll. Some folks over at LOTRG got their orders from EE cancelled and various online sites have stopped offering them for pre-order. this isn't a good sign. I scored one on e-bay a few days ago and i advise y'all if you see any that slipped out in the stores to snatch it up like Gollum! :D

jonthejedi
11-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Found rotocast Gandalf, Frodo & Sam today at local Toys R Us. I grabbed the only 3, because I thought I read the rotocast line was cancelled(WISH i'D GRABBED THE BATTLE TROLL!!). Any truth or enlightenment to this? The likenesses were very good to great, by the way.

Reefer Shark
11-03-2004, 04:57 PM
I've heard that rumor about the rotos too It makes sense since only the Battle Troll seems to sell...

On another note, I scored a Gamling and armored Boromir today at TRU. Neat-o!

aceguide
11-05-2004, 08:35 AM
Our newly opened Super Target had the AOME Siege of Pelennor Fields set with 4 figures, Gondorian catapult, Battle Troll & Orc sige tower. I don't think it rates a $50 price tag, though.

I would be a better collector of the entire AOME line if they had a better price point...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Alright, well GD Reported a hefty loot this morning about some nifo about the coming waves. Pretty much just promo pics of the actors, but one pic of the set as well as the mock up for the Lothlorien gift set, which'll be nice. Here is the news blip:

Lothlorien Giftset:Aragorn, Frodo, Celeborn, Galadriel, and Lothlorien Haldir

FOTR Series 4:
SP Strider (Amon Hen...whoopeee!)
SP Boromir
Isildur (Left Handed...with ONE RING??)
Transfixed Bilbo (SWEET)
Legolas (looks like a repack)
Gandalf the Grey (looks like repack)
Peter Jackson as Hobbit

ROTK Series 4:
Shelob Attack Frodo
Gorbag
Denethor
Prologue Smeagol
Gondorian Guard (Winged-Helm version)

ROTK Series 5 (ALL with 38 Points of Articulation!):
Mount Doom Frodo
Mount Doom Sam
Gothmog
Eye of Sauron(doubt this will have 38 points of art.)
Dagger Throwing Legolas

I dunno, but i think that Gandalf isn't a straight repack as i think he looks much darker and worn out than the regular FOTR Gandalf. I am also curious if PJ is goign to be a chase figure or a regular release. Only time will tell! Sorry about the size, i had to shrink them to get them to fit. cheers! :D

SOURCE: THE GD

Jayspawn
11-05-2004, 11:15 AM
Man, I want a Lothlorian Handir! Just dont want to buy the 5pack.

That Gandalf the Grey looks cool -based off the small picture. I hope the PJ Hobbit makes it to stores.

kool-aid killer
11-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Im interested in the newer figures that could possibly come out but i really cant find anything new around here. Too many repacks still sticking around. Ive been reluctant to use online stores but i may have to if this trend continues any longer. I wonder what the Eye of Sauron is going to be like?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-07-2004, 02:59 PM
alright, a guy in Singapore picked up the FOTR wave 4 and here is what he reported:

Just to confirm that the FOTR Trilogy Series 4 has indeed been released in Singapore since 2 days ago. The PJ hobbit figure is clearly the chase in this series and I've heard that the Bilbo Transfixed figure may be short-packed too. The Super Poseable Strider figure is absent from this assortment, so TB may have decided to pull this figure.

I've attatched links to each figure, so clicky!

Isildur (http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Toybiz/Trilogy_FOTR/6_Isildur_Front.jpg)

Gandalf (http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Toybiz/Trilogy_FOTR/6_GandalfTheGrey_Front.jpg)

Legolas (http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Toybiz/Trilogy_FOTR/6_LegolasMirkwood_Front.jpg)

boromir (http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Toybiz/Trilogy_FOTR/6_BoromirSP_Front.jpg)

bilbo (http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Toybiz/Trilogy_FOTR/6_BilboTransfixed_Front.jpg)

PJ Hobbit (http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Toybiz/Trilogy_FOTR/6_PJ_Front.jpg)

frankly, i'm irked beyond belief that PJ might be a chase. Stupid damn Toybiz. Will they ever learn?!!??!??! :frus:

Reefer Shark
11-07-2004, 05:55 PM
frankly, i'm irked beyond belief that PJ might be a chase. Stupid damn Toybiz. Will they ever learn?!!??!??! :frus:
Interesting stuff. The only figure I'll be getting in this assortment will be Isildur.

I'm with you on the chase thing JMG. I once was a completist with this line (and Marvel Legends for that matter), but ToyBiz's stupid "chase figure in every wave", and "buy a box set of repacks to get a new figure" mentality has broken me of that. Now I just get Armored figures, and Saurons minions.

RooJay
11-07-2004, 11:49 PM
It's too bad that Super Articulated Strider seems to use the Jason Patric head. I just don't get it, the original Helm's Deep Aragorn head was pretty much perfect, in my opinion.

BlueSnags
11-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Anyone ever find a FOTR Series 3 Lurtz? I wasn't even aware that this figure had made it to the pegs. How rare is it?

-Blue Snaggy

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-11-2004, 01:47 AM
I scored a Lurtz from R2Dtoys when they first got it in. It was like 12 bucks or something.

As for how rare it is, i think it was packed one for every few cases, but it is not by any means considered a chase. I know it wasn't in the original lineup of figures, but it certainly wasn't packed every case. You should be able to get him from that site or any other online site for somewhat cheap. Good luck! :)

jonthejedi
11-11-2004, 05:01 AM
Was lucky enough to score rotocast battle troll yesterday at local Toys R Us...this after finding Sam, Frodo & Gandalf last week. Saw an abundance of Eomer, so maybe they're temporarily back in stock.

Jayspawn
11-11-2004, 10:57 AM
My stores must be very slow because the newest thing to hit is Roto Eomer. Still on the lookout for Roto Gandalf.

BlueSnags
11-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Picked up a Roto Gandalf last night at Burbank TRU. Now on the hunt for FOTR Series 4.

-Blue Snag

kool-aid killer
11-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Finally found some new LOTR figures today at TRU. I dragged myself over to their little section not expecting to see anything other than an abundance of bendy Gollums/Smeagols and my eyes came across a Gamling, Isengard Orc, and Boromic in armor. I grabbed them all in a death grip and went around the store muttering something that sounded like "My....preciousess...." Its been a long time since i found something new on the pegs so it felt really good to have ran into these guys. I seen a couple of Fell Beasts too, but it didnt appeal to me so i left them.

Jayspawn
11-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Of course, just after I write a post about not finding Roto Gandalf I go to TRU and FIND a Roto Gandalf!

BUT heres the kick in the pants, Somebody has stolen his sword!!! Good God people! Who does this? Those people are sick! Why would you take the sword? Its useless without the figure!!

kool-aid killer
11-22-2004, 03:43 PM
I just got my King Elendil from BBTS and man does he look awesome. Id never seen him hanging around here so i decided to pick him up via their website (only $5.99 too) and im very impressed. I love his armor and its detail, good paint application and hes taller than i thought he would be. Good job Toybiz. With this and my recent haul a week ago, this line has proven to be still trolling around. But i wants more...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-26-2004, 12:27 AM
The GD posted some news today about the two gift sets i posted about a few weeks ago. Here is more info!

"The Lothlorien and Pelennor Fields boxed sets are revealed. The Lothlorien set shows the same small blurry photo we've already seen and the promo art showing movie photos of the characters included. Listed as part of the set are: Aragorn (looks to be Trilogy FOTR Wave 4's SP Aragorn/Strider), Frodo (SP probably), Galadriel (same one), Celeborn (NEW!), and Haldir (NEW!). It's stated that the set includes 2 exclusive figures (Celeborn and Haldir, obviously). The Previews price is $26.99. Previews usually has these thing for above mark-up, so I'm guessing the retail price is $20-25.
The Pelennor Fields set solicitation as a larger photo of the box with actual figures inside. It includes the same old Gimli (again?!?), Legolas (looks to be a HD Legolas, but it could be a placeholder), Soldier of the Dead (NEW!), Mumakil Rider (bald guy Eomer kills, with back/headress fan), and Orc Captain (hard to make out but looks big and cool). The Mumakil Rider and Orc Captain are listed as exclusives, but the Soldier of the Dead shown is obviously all-new. I'm guessing this set's got 3 new exclusive figures. It's price is $30.50. Again, Previews is priced higher than retail. I'm guessing this retails for $25-28. Both sets have 5 figures, but the Pelennor Fields set is priced higher. I think it's because it has 3 new figures as opposed to 2 for the Lothlorien."

cheers! :D

Reefer Shark
11-26-2004, 03:55 AM
Sounds great!

I will definitely get the Pelennor Fields set, but not sure about the Lothlorien set yet. Will have to see that one in person first.

kool-aid killer
11-26-2004, 01:00 PM
The Pelennor Fields set does sound cool, the three new figures will make that set possibly the best one weve gotten yet. Lothlorien sounds okay, but i will probably wait until i see it to decide whether to get it or not too.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-28-2004, 05:56 PM
FYI- I scored an extra Battle Troll yesterday at TRU. If anybody wnats it, drop me a PM. However, at teh moment, i'm only doing trades for the Scorpion figure from the Spider-Man classics line. If that doesn't work, i'll post again and just sell it for the 10 bucks i paid for it or whatever. So, if you got an extra scorpion (MOC), drop me a line! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Thanks to the FABULOUS folks at BBTS, i got new set of 5 for ROTK and the set of 8 for TTT. Here is my brief review of each figure starting with the ROTK figures.

Smeagol fisherman- This figure looks A LOT like mr. Andy Serkis in his role as Smeagol, before his fall into gollum. Not much in the realm of excitement in this figure, but it looks very awesome and for geeks like myself, a welcome addition. He is covered in mud and dirt from his fight with Deagol and he has the one ring with him.

Denethor- with crazy old man action! hehehehe just messin'. This figure is downright awesome as it looks A LOT like the actor who played him, i think it was John Noble?! Anyway, it looks fabulous and the detail on his outfit is fabulous. He comes with a sword, the horn thing that Boromir blew (that is cut in two, AWESOME DETAIL TOYBIZ! CONGRATS!) and his holding stick thing. Very sweet figure.

Minas Tirith Citadel guard- for you army builders, you'll want this one. This guy is decked out in the silver armor that is top notch in the way of details and color. His helmet has that wingspan thing on it and he includes a sword and a staff that is like 7 inches long or so. Very sweet.

Shelot Attack Frodo- This is a very sweet figure, at least i think so, as it's covered in web and has a light up Earendil in his hand! Very good thinking on Toybiz's part as kids will love to fight off Shelob with the light! It looks a lot like Elijiah Wood too. This is also the ONLY figure of this wave to have an action feature. the rest are poseable.

Gorbag w/ webbed Frodo- Another sweet Orc to add to the collections! His armor is done very well and looks fantastic. He comes with a version of Frodo that is wrapped up webbing. Looks very creepy although i think Frodo needed to look a tad bit more pale, but nothing to complain about.

TWO TOWERS wave of 8
Talking Gollum and Smeagol- WHY TOYBIZ, WHY?!?! These are exactly like the other figures that were released. Crap crap crap.

Hama- Very excellent figure and bears a great resemblance to the character in the film. He comes in the Rohan armor and with a sword. It is on this figure that we can see how dedicated TB is to the line as you can see the detail from everything from his armor to the decoration on his cape. Short packed figure. Very excellent.

Orc Captain- If you played the game, you know this guy as the huge fat guy who you always had to kill from behind. He looks awesome in his armor and comes with a huge hammer thing and a sword. he also has an action feature to help make him slash and attack with his weapons. Another orc that army builders will hunt for. Very gruesome lookin' guy...errrrr. orc! :D

Gates of Mordor Sam- This figure is very much like the Sam in Mordor figure from the first TTT waves, but this time he's superposeable. He comes with his sword and the pack slung behind him. Nothing too special about this figure, but i'm a fan of Sam, so happy with this figure, i am. and i will eat green eggs and ham.

Shagrat- Thsi guy is awesome!! He has a sword and one of those awesome shield things that have the gaps in it them for choppin' off heads! Another fantastic orc as he is very well detailed in his gear and paint. Awesome!!!

Prince Theodred- with dying action! He comes decked out in armor and with a sword. I wish i could say more about him, but he didn't do much in the movie or books. Still looks very good though.

Lastly, Legolas- From what i can tell, this is a straight rehash of most of the Legolas figures. Comes with the few swords, bow and arrow. It'll be nice to see him out there asi know some folks couldn't find a Legolas figure and they have another chance.

All in all, these two waves just prove that Toybiz are the best toy company out there. Aside from their poor packing ratios (see Marvel Legends), the figures are very well sculpted and look very much like their cinematic counterparts. If they keep putting out quality like this, they'll continue to get my business! Bravo, Toybiz! :)

jonthejedi
12-07-2004, 05:10 AM
Spotted some new AOME for 8.99@ at local Target: Prologue Elves, Army of the Dead, etc. The real surprise was the ticket to see Howard Shore do his LOTR Symphony at the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Baltimore my beloved wife surprised me with yesterday. Early X-mas gift!!! I'm there!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-07-2004, 08:04 AM
sweet deal jon! I saw Howard in Columbus on the opening night of the "Lord of the Rings" symphony. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience; very very awesome! :D

Jayspawn
12-07-2004, 10:46 AM
JMG, Prince Theodred has a removable helmet doesnt he? Cant wait to find these!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-07-2004, 11:02 AM
I think he does. I keep mine MOC, but i can't imagine Toybiz actually KEEPING the helmet on him, ya know? It would seem kinda silly. HH! :D

kool-aid killer
12-08-2004, 01:26 PM
I seen Shelob attack Frodo last Friday at a TRU but no one else from the wave that i wanted. Just today i went into Target looking for some movies when i passed through the toys and noticed all Toybiz pegs were empty. Needless to say im hoping that new figures will be popping up soon, i would hate to miss out on a couple of the figures JMG just reviewed.

Jayspawn
12-08-2004, 11:20 PM
I'm not that impressed with the Shelob Attack Frodo. I'm not too big on scene specific figures. Its alright I suppose.

kool-aid killer
12-09-2004, 10:09 AM
I didnt care too much for Shelob Attack Frodo either. I left him on the peg because i didnt feel i needed him, nor was i very fond of him being scene specific. But like you say, hes not a horrible figure, just one im not impressed with.

kool-aid killer
12-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Okay, went back to the TRU today and found a couple more Shelob attack Frodos, but alas no new Toybiz figures. But, i did find two Attack Trolls. I ended up buying both, im definitely going to keep one, the other may be used as trade bait somewhere down the line. Other than that, nothing else worth noting.

jonthejedi
12-19-2004, 06:01 AM
Scored the new "Fellowship" assortment at my local TRU yesterday. Got Prince Izzie, Bilbo Transfixed, Peter Jackson as Hobbit, Mirkwood Legolas & SP Boromir. Still haven't seen TTT assortment w/Theodred, Orc Capt., etc.

kool-aid killer
12-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Nice haul Jon. I am developing this fear that im going to miss out on a lot of figures i want because the only place that gets anything new is a TRU on one of the busiest streets. Add to that the amount of holiday shoppers out and about and my chances of hitting are slim. You got some good figures.

jonthejedi
12-20-2004, 04:57 AM
I'm as shocked as anyone to score these on a Saturday(no less) around 10 AM in the middle of the busiest shopping season. The PJ figure was even on the front of the pegs! I found the SW Cantina wave on my day off 1/2 hour after the TRU opened. Maybe the collectors & scalpers don't want to contend with the mobs. Checkout was a nightmare.

mm74md
12-20-2004, 09:35 AM
I saw the PJ figure at the Frederick, MD TRU on Sunday. I really love the Toybiz LOTR figures, but my wife hates them. I'm limited in my spending these days. Therefore, he sat there as I left :cry: Yes, you can hear the crack of the whip!

Reefer Shark
12-20-2004, 09:33 PM
I scored a nice little haul of figures today at TRU:

Gorbag (awesome figure!)
Prologue Smeagol
Bilbo transfixed
Minas Tirith Citadel Guard (picked up 2 of these guys)
Battle Troll (was just sitting there, I couldn't believe it!)

And the other day I scored a "new Improved" Gandalf the Grey (so much better than the old version), and Prince Isildur.

I've opened all except the hobbits, and I have so say they are really great figures! I especially like the hidden dagger that came with Gorbag. That was a nice little suprise!

kool-aid killer
12-21-2004, 10:56 AM
Sweet. Gorbag sounds like an awesome figure, a hidden dagger is a nice little touch. The Citadel Guards should also rock. Reading these last couple of posts, one notices that TRU is the only place that appears to be getting new stock. TRUs are madhouses around this time of year.

At a collectors shop yesterday, they had Shelob, Denethor, Cirith Ungol Uruk Hai, and Prologue Smeagol among others i already have. Unfortunately they go for $13 apiece. I broke and bought myself the Uruk Hai, and im thinking of going back for two others. But i would hate to one day see these guys on pegs, after having paid twice their original price.

Reefer Shark
12-21-2004, 11:35 AM
I broke and bought myself the Uruk Hai, and im thinking of going back for two others. But i would hate to one day see these guys on pegs, after having paid twice their original price.
This kind of thing happens with me all the time. Especially with ToyBiz stuff for some reason.

It sucks.. but I know if I saw an Orc Captain today for $13, I would buy it too! :crazed:

Reefer Shark
12-22-2004, 05:15 PM
I made another nice little score at TRU today. I found most of TTT wave 4. Picked up Shagrat, Hama, and Theodred. Very sweet figures!!

Unfortunately, there were no Orc Captains :cry:, that's the one I really want the most!

jonthejedi
12-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Scored some TTT today myself at local Toys R Us. Got Shagrat, Prince Theo, Hama & the elusive Orc Capt.(truely the best Orc figure Toy Biz has done!) I show up around 10 Am again, and all are there. Mom's don't seem interested, and the scalpers/collectors are nowhere in sight. I was blessed! I left the Gollum/Smeagol(already had), new Legolas & Gates of Mordor Sam. I need the funds for the CW Animated I know are hitting in MD "any day."

Ji'dai
12-23-2004, 08:57 PM
After successfully resisting the temptation of this line for so long, I've finally caved and bought my first figs this week. Like I need something else to collect!

Anyway, I bought:
Gandalf the Grey (new verion)
Super Poseable Frodo
Gates of Mordor Sam
Super Poseable Boromir
The King of the Dead
Galadriel
Treebeard

I'd like to just concentrate on the main characters, or ones that I particularly like... I mean who could resist a bare-footed Cate Blanchett figure?!

Any recommendations on the best versions of the characters to get?

kool-aid killer
12-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Personally, i dont really have a favorite Aragorn figure. They all seem to be lacking in some way or other. But if i had to choose one it would be the Helms Deep Aragorn figure. My favorite Legolas is also the TTT Legolas, not to be confused with the Helms Deep version. I liked the Rohirrim Merry and Gondorian Pippen figures more than their original version. The best Gimli is the one that came in the Uruk Hai two pack. I believe that version is also included in a couple of multipacks too. Eomer really hasnt had a good figure, but if you must have him the ROTK one is best.

Reefer Shark
12-24-2004, 02:47 PM
Welcome to the world of ToyBiz LOTR! Look out, this line can become very addictive...

Which Treebeard did you get? The big boxed one, or the "AOME scaled" 8" one?

As far as suggestions go, I would say try to go with the newer, super-poseable versions of the characters. They are way better than the old versions.

I collect Saurons minions (any orcs, trolls, uruks, etc...), and any other armored figures. I do buy the occaisonal prologue figure as well.

Ji'dai
12-24-2004, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, fellas. I've kept an eye on the line since it started and have been disappointed with the likenesses, which has kept me from collecting for so long.

Which Treebeard did you get? The big boxed one, or the "AOME scaled" 8" one?
I got the 8" one. I haven't seen the big boxed one in awhile. Still, he was on clearace at KB for $3 and is a pretty cool figure out of the package.

As far as suggestions go, I would say try to go with the newer, super-poseable versions of the characters. They are way better than the old versions.
The figures I bought this week were the super-poseable ones. They have good likenesses IMO so I was thinking that ToyBiz is improving with newer releases.

RooJay
12-30-2004, 04:04 PM
Along with Hama, Super-poseable Shagrat, Super-Poseable Boromir (both examples of which I found with no eyebrows!), Gates of Mordor Sam, Bilbo Transfixed, Prince Theodred, Isengard Orc Captain, Shelob Attack Frodo, and the new Gandalf I also found the new AOME three-packs at TRU. The Armies of the Dead set is frikkin' the coolest and the Companions of the Ringbearer set is decent, but I was disappointed to find that the "Prologue Elf" from the Prologue Elves set is nothing of the sort. It's actually another rerelease of the same Galadrim Archer we've now seen twice in two previous three-packs! I'm a huge fan of the elves so it's not too big of a bother to me - I can always use more Galadrim, but it sure would've been nice to get that Prologue Elf they had been showing at all the shows. Those guys have the cooler armor and I would've loved to have had him to display alongside Gil-Galad and Elrond. Ah well! What can I do but complain?

Ji'dai
12-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Is the Super Poseable Aragorn the same figure as the one included in the Helm's Deep Gift Set (the one with exclusive Haldir)?

kool-aid killer
12-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Nice finds Roojay, id wet my pants if i seen some of the figures you mentioned hanging around here. I noticed the AOME Prologue Elf thing when i was looking at that particular set. Its somewhat of a letdown to see its a figure that already been put out before, but at the same time its really not too bad, you can never seem to have enough army builders. Ji'dai, i dont believe the SP Aragorn is the same as the one in the Helms Deep Gift Set.

RooJay
12-31-2004, 03:56 AM
You know I'd offer to help you get them, but since I've only got giftcards to work with here and had to leave most of those just hanging there on the pegs (ouch does that ever hurt!) and what with me still needing to get you your troll...well you know. :( Work should be picking up here after the holidays so I'll start with what I've got for you already and we'll go from there. I never really have much trouble finding much of anything in my area.

Jayspawn
12-31-2004, 09:51 AM
My TRU is getting ready for the anual inventory -so they're not stocking that many items at all. BUT last night I did find Shagrat, Prince Theodred, and Hama (which I bought) all impressive figures! I was trying to control myself by buying only the one. That was hard!

kool-aid killer
12-31-2004, 11:58 AM
You know I'd offer to help you get them, but since I've only got giftcards to work with here and had to leave most of those just hanging there on the pegs (ouch does that ever hurt!) and what with me still needing to get you your troll...well you know. :( Work should be picking up here after the holidays so I'll start with what I've got for you already and we'll go from there. I never really have much trouble finding much of anything in my area.

Dont sweat it, one day within my life span im sure i will see them around here. Having been to a couple of stores recently, i cant seem to find any type of LOTR (or Star Wars for that matter) figures, except for the armies of Gollum/Smeagol that seem to be abundant nationwide. Im hoping that inventory will produce some new junk. My most recent figures have come from comicbook stores. Has anyone elses TRU drastically marked down the LOTR ring bearers box set? I found some for a couple of dollars, and even that wasnt moving them. Now if they mark down the Witchking one...

Ji'dai
01-01-2005, 02:56 PM
I actually found a regular 6" Ringwraith at TRU Friday morning. I haven't seen any good sales on the box sets at TRUs around here, but the "There & Back Again" set is 50% off at Amazon/TRU.com. They also have the 10" deluxe Sauron back in stock too. Went ahead and ordered both of those yesterday.

Jayspawn
01-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Major finds at TRU this afternoon. Found Mirkwood Legolas, Transposed Bilbo, Prince Theodred, NEW Gandalf the Grey and Prince Isildur!

I picked up Gandalf and Isildur. The New Gandalf is WAY better than the previous one. Isildur is just plain cool!

smurfvader
01-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Wal-Mart is starting to get some of the newer figures in. I just foundIsengard Orc, King Elendil, Lurtz, SP Frodo, SP Smeagol, Corination Gimli nad Boromir/armor.

jiM

Reefer Shark
01-12-2005, 07:26 PM
Over at theGD, they report a bunch of new ToyBiz gift packs to be released.

I might be interested in the ones with Cave Troll and Sauron if they look really nice, but would probably pass on all the others.

81650-5 Battle of Shelob's Lair Gift Pack

Includes: Frodo, Shelob, Gates of Mordor Sam

81651-5 The Burden of the Ring Bearers Gift Pack
Boxed Set Includes:Gollum, Prologue Smeagol, Haldir, Bilbo Tranfixed, Frodo with Sting, Twilight Frodo, Ring & Chain

81652-5 The Return of the White Wizard Gift Pack
Boxed Set Includes: Gimli, Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf the White

81653-5 The Battle of Tomb Gift Pack
Boxed Set Includes: Frodo, Legolas, Cave Troll, Boromir

81654-5 The Battle of the Second Age Gift Pack - The Defeat of Sauron - Unity of Man and Elf
Boxed Set Includes: Gil-Galad, Elendil, 10" Sauron Deluxe

81655-5 Elves of Middle Earth Gift Pack
Boxed Set Includes: Elrond in Robes, Gil-Galad, Elf Warrior, Haldir, Queen Arwen, Legolas

81656-5 Carry Case Collectors Edition Gift Pack
Boxed Set Includes: SP Strider, Peter Jackson Hobbit, Legolas, Gandalf the White, Gimli, Frodo, Sam, Gollum, Carrying Case 81657-5 Kings of Middle Earth Gift Pack
Boxed Set Includes: King Theoden in Armour, King of the Dead (Glow-In-The-Dark), Witch King in Armour, Elendil, Gil-Gilad, Aragorn with Narsil

theGD.com (http://www.thegd.com/)

kool-aid killer
01-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Stinking multipacks, theres going to be so many of them. Any idea what is the expected release date for these? Of the multipacks, these are what im interested in:

Battle of Shelobs Lair: Shelob
Burden of the Ring Bearers: Prologue Smeagol, Bilbo Transfixed
Return of the White Wizard: None
Battle of the Tomb: Cave Troll
Battle of the Second Age: Gil-Galad
Elves of Middle Earth: Elf Warrior and Haldir
Carry Case: Peter Jackson (a big maybe)
Kings of Middle Earth: None

Now if some of the characters are different versions than ones that are already out i wouldnt have a problem picking them up. BTW, my most current LOTR purchase was another PEW i found at Walmart. I almost left it behind but decided i can use another elf warrior to bolster the rank and file.

Ji'dai
01-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Wal-Mart is starting to get some of the newer figures in. I just foundIsengard Orc, King Elendil, Lurtz, SP Frodo, SP Smeagol, Corination Gimli nad Boromir/armor.

Saw the same in Indianapolis today; plus quite a few Rivendell Elrond. Did see a Coronation Gimli that had a Smeagol decal on the blister, but meh. Ended up buying another basic Ringwraith and my first Orc, which happened to be Lurtz!

If ToyBiz is going to release all those figure sets I'm reluctant to buy the figures individually now.

jonthejedi
01-14-2005, 05:07 AM
Anyone remember the AOME Battle Scale Frodo-in-a-box? THis was originally a giveaway from Toys R Us when you prebooked ROTK in DVD. Then they tried selling it for 9.99, and of course it sat, and sat, and sat. I picked one up yesterday for 1.48 on clearance. Just F.Y.I.

smurfvader
01-14-2005, 05:33 PM
I went to my local Wal-Mart today and spotted a case of LOTR figures. I opened up to see what was in it and was suprised by what I saw. Nothing that hasn't been on the pegs already and nothing rare or htf as far as I can tell, but what surrpised me was that it was a mixed case. hey had figures on FOTR card, TT card and ROTK card. Here's what I saw and the breakdown of each.
1 Lurtz FOTR
1 King Elendil FOTR
2 Elrond (robes) FOTR
2 Boromir (armor) TT
2 SP Frodo TT
1 Isengard Orc TT
1 SP Smeagol ROTK
1 Corination Gimli ROTK
1 Ringwraith ROTK

If ToyBiz is going to release all those figure sets I'm reluctant to buy the figures individually now.
I know what you mean, I just hope this means they will release the Elven archer. It seems a no brainer to do so.

jiM

Reefer Shark
01-14-2005, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I just saw the same thing at a Wal-Mart (except it looked like they had two of those cases). I ended up grabbing both Lurtz figures.

Jayspawn
01-17-2005, 12:03 AM
None of my Target OR Wal-Mart stores have stocked anything resembling new.

TRU is on the ball latley.

jjreason
01-17-2005, 01:58 AM
Our stores (Canada) have been pretty current, I've seen "Bilbo Transfixed" in all 3 of my regular stores. Orc Captain (with mallet, whatever his name was again) has only shown up at TRU so far, and I didn't see any of the other figures from that TTT wave.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-20-2005, 01:34 AM
alright, i haven't posted in this thread in a while, but here is some news:

There are three rehashes of ROTK Orc Armor Sam, King Aragorn and Legolas (TTT) and each have SOUND BASES. I would post pics, but the only ones i have are from an online store and it has their name all over it and i don't feel like starting a copyright war.

There is a SUPER POSEABLE Strider popping up as well. I've attatched a picture. It isn't known if these figures (all 4) are UK or Canada exclusives, but to my knowledge, they haven't been in the states.

Also, promo pics of the upcoming TTT and FOTR waves were posted. Enjoy and HH!!

kool-aid killer
01-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the pics. Of them, the only ones im interested in are Possessed Galadriel, Aged Theoden and the Uruk Hai. Aside from them the others dont really look like must haves. I think the flames on the Ringwraith look a little silly and Legolas looks like hes got on a bulletproof vest underneath his poncho.

kool-aid killer
01-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Found Shelob today at Walmart, along with a few other "new" figures that i really wasnt interested in. Its good to see old Trilogy figures arent hanging around as much. Shelob weighed a bit more than i expected, im hoping that the figure will be able to stand somewhat well enough rather than have the legs buckling due to the body.

RooJay
01-31-2005, 03:52 PM
The legs on mine are all attached so that they point far forward so that she can't really stand on her own at all. Unfortunately.

Ji'dai
02-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Found the figures with electronic bases today at Suncoast. Pelennor Fields Aragorn and Legolas are nice and loud but Orc Armor Sam is a mere whisper in comparision. Also spotted Denethor, Orc Captain, Citadel Guard, Stoor Smeagol, and the Frodo/Orcs from the Shelob scene.

kool-aid killer
02-05-2005, 06:44 PM
I just about had a heart attack today when i strolled into a Target that i rarely visit and found a Gil-Galad and Moria Archer sitting on the pegs. I had given up hope of finding these guys at retail, but this was a pleasent suprise. Galads an okay figure but i really dig the Archer. That ugly mug of his makes me want to nail him with an arrow. Along with that, other newer figures appear to be coming along. Sweet!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Yeah, i scored all 3 of the electronic base figures and teh SP strider yesterday. These are jumping up at suncoast stores, so start hunting!

BlueSnags
02-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Found Soundbase Aragorn and SP Strider at Suncoast on Sunday. What are the other Soundbase figures out right now?

-Blue Snag

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-08-2005, 07:23 PM
There is a soundbase Sam in Orc Armor and a Soundbase Helms Deep Legolas. They are all pretty good figures. HH! :D

TheDarthVader
02-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Is the trilogy Lurtz any different from the Lurtz in the FOTR Boromir 2 pack? If so, what are the differences? I found a trilogy Lurtz, but I am wondering if he is the same exact figure as the other one or not......?????

Thanks

B
TDV

Jayspawn
02-11-2005, 10:54 AM
I've seen Lurtz and he seems to be just a repackaged figure. Nothing big.

I was hoping they would repackage Frodo and Sam together -seeing as how they're both small figures. I could care less about the sound base.

kool-aid killer
02-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Taking JMGs advice, i dragged myself to a Suncoast store and was able to find Prince Isildur, Hama, and the Orc Captain today. Plus they were only $5.99 which was somewhat of a pleasant suprise because i expected them to be about two dollars more. Following that up i went down a couple of stores in the mall and went into Sam Goody, which is basically like Suncoast anyways, and found Denother too. Today has been a very good day LOTR wise. Easily the best of the past four to five months. So check them Suncoasts!

BlueSnags
02-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Found four Rotocast Battle Trolls today at Hawthorne (Los Angeles) TRU. Picked up three, left one. The kicker was: they rang up @$4.98 each! What a deal!

-Blue Snag

Ji'dai
02-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Whoa, great deal there, bluesnag.

The Pelennor Fields and Lothlorien Gift Packs are showing up in Asian/Pacific markets. Here is a pic someone posted on the toy board over at Spawn.com.

kool-aid killer
02-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the pics, Ji'dai. The Pellenor set looks like a must have, i will be suprised if it sits around for a while. I like how the Orc looks, even if it is Grishnaks body. Same with the Haradrim and Dead soldier. I wouldnt mind getting the second box set, but that will be one that i wait for, rather than picking up upon first sight.

kool-aid killer
02-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Keeping with my current streak, the Suncoast at a mall i absolutely hate going to revealed a Smeagol figure w/ring. I was pleasently suprised, given how few LOTR figures they had that i would find one i needed.

So who else is excited that we are finally going to get a Gondorian Soldier?

Ji'dai
04-10-2005, 12:29 PM
I spotted Mount Doom Frodo with electronic base and Legolas with Dagger Throwing Action at TRU today. I passed on both, but I wish ToyBiz would put pics of the other figures on cardbacks so I could see if there was anything new in this wave worth seeking out.

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Found these too, along with Gothmog

Reefer Shark
04-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Yeah.. .I was just going to say - that Gothmog figure is definitely worth seeking out. The Eye of Sauron looks like it could be interesting too.

I think this wave consits of:

Mount Doom Frodo
Mount Doom Sam
Dagger throwing Legolas
The Eye of Sauron
Gothmog

I'm still hunting for the Orc Captain myself. I've got plenty to trade if anyone has an extra Orc Captain for me!

jjreason
04-11-2005, 03:05 AM
I found a palace guard today (Minas Tirith, I believe?) with the two-winged helmet and long pike. Very nice figure, but I also noticed that there were no other pics on the back. Not sure why they would decide to go that route with the packaging.

I think now's a very good time to be keeping up with this line, and maybe putting a few "MOCs" away if the money is available. For me personally, there's just too much Star Wars stuff to get - and when Marvel Legends come out they take precedence as well. The LOTR stuff right now reminds me very much of the original POTF line 2 years after Jedi was out of theatres - people were moving on to other things, production on the figures dropped leading to increased demand in them when interest was rekindled years later.

With the current focus on other things - but the potential for a movie of "the Hobbit" to rekindle the interest - these late LOTR figures look to me like a good bunch to speculate on.

Oh, and they're wicked toys to boot. :cool:

kool-aid killer
04-11-2005, 02:20 PM
I do think that if the "Hobbit" were to be announced interest in the Toybiz figures would shoot up, but right now the line appears to be in limbo, we see photos of toys to come out, but they dont appear for a while and when they do they disappear in the blink of an eye. Plus lots of stores seemed to have stopped selling them, the most reliable place to get them is at a Sam Goody now. I still look for and buy what i want, but right now its difficult, to say the least, to obtain them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Yeah, i get ALL my LOTR figures from BBTS.com. I just pre-order sets for the rest of the year and am set. I got confirmation from the folks back home that my Lothlorien and Pelennor field sets arrived. I can't wait to get home sometime to check them out.

Also, the GD posted press pics of the first wave of the Epic Trilogy figure. It's on their home page, but my faves are DEFINATELY:

Skull Orc Captain guy: http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Toybiz/Epic/6_Skully_Press.jpg

Gandalf in Robes: http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Toybiz/Epic/6_GandalfRobes_Press.jpg

I LOOOOVE this Gandalf. It looks marvelous and every time i see it, i just quote that scene in my head, "I shall draw you out Saruman like poison from a wound!" hehehehehehe :crazed:

Reefer Shark
04-12-2005, 12:09 AM
They both look great, but I'm most excited about the Skully Orc. He rules!!

Looking at him, I keep hearing him say "catapults" (in his crackly, wretched voice) after Gothmog's order in ROTK. I can't wait to score one of those, and Gothmog for that matter. I have a lone warg just waiting for old Gothmog...

BlueSnags
04-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Bought Gothmog and the Eye of Sauron today at TRU. Saw the rest of the wave (Legolas, Mt. Doom Sam and Frodo), but passed due to blowing way too much money on Star Wars this month.

Blue Snag

Reefer Shark
04-17-2005, 03:11 PM
I got a Gothmog and Eye of Sauron this last week too (I'm passing on the rest of the wave). Eye of Suaron is kinda neat. It's fun rotating the eye in the middle of the flames, but I wish it would shut up! Every time you move it it spouts out the "I see you" line. It would have better if that was a seperate button.

Gothmog on the other hand, is fantastic! He's just a huge, articulated, and very detailed Orc. I love it! Go out and get Gothmog NOW!

Also, I finally gave in and bought an Orc Captain off ebay.... $21 for a LOTR figure :stupid: Oh well, I had to have it I guess...

kool-aid killer
04-19-2005, 03:30 PM
I seen the Pellenor Fields set over the weekend, i like it so i plan to pick it up on Thursday (payday) and hopefully Suncoast will have some newer figures in by the time i swing back around, it looked like i missed out on them by a couple of days.

Gothmog sounds awesome, i cant wait to find him.

Reefer Shark
04-22-2005, 09:32 PM
I picked up the Pellenor Fields set today at Suncoast. For the first time, I actually don't feel cheated with a LOTR gift set! The 3 new figures are awesome, and worth the $10 each I paid for them. :D

I don't even count the Legolas and Gimli though since I've gotten them in almost every gift pack so far. Geez... it is a nice figure, but how many times are they going to repack that Gimli?

The next one I'm really excited about is the "Battle Cry Uruk Hai" figure. Finally a good Helms deep Uruk! I'm gonna have to try to get a few of those..

Jargo
04-24-2005, 06:00 PM
I found a peter jackson hobbit the other day at my local woolworths. Don't really know why i bought it but I did. I was sitting in the car on the way home wishing it was Gaffer gamgee or Rosie Cotton.......

Or even a prologue or council dwarf. Retailers are so dumb. The plain fact that these figures have been selling so long now and doing pretty well should show them they don't need a friggin Legolas or Gimli in nearly every assortment. (I know that's not accurate but I'm griping so I'll leave it that way) TB need to get going on some more background characters besides the armies. And the eye of Sauron should be an eighteen inch deluxe not that poxy little thing. If they're going to do something then do it well not some lame brained half assed attempt like that.
Considering they use the same horse body every time they could easily churn out loads more horse and rider figures but they mucked that up by repacking the same damn products time and time again. And where in gods name is Eowyn the white lady of rohan? Now we get this upcoming glittering caves Eowyn and she's as dull and bland as all the others. And Rivendell Aragorn better hadn't have the same squashed in face that the press picture shows that came off the early Helms deep Aragorn. It's deformed. Ugly. I just think the whole repacking policy stinks. And so does shortpacking and so does giving the figures swords made of rubber that warp in the blister packing. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

It wouldn't hurt them to pack in some more backdrops for displaying figures against either. Or large accessories. I mean, Rivendell Aragorn with the sword of Anduril on the cloth without the statue makes no damn sense. Nor does giving Galadriel that pitcher without the mirror of galadriel.

And one last moan. Bill the pony. How could they have the whole fellowship in a set without bill? Or throw out so many Sam figures without him. At the very least i expect to see a set containing Sam with Bill, Rosie and little Eleanor. Throw in Gaffer gamgee for good measure. A boxed set worth having rather than shoving something like the Mouth of Sauron in a box with figures we bought seven million times already. A set like Sams homecoming with four smaller new figures and one repack would be acceptable but not the other way round. That's just taking the rise out of us. TB must be laughing all the way to the bank.

RooJay
04-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Speaking of Horse and Rider sets - has anybody else noticed that ToyBiz still have yet to release any of the 'Horse-lords of Rohan' with horses?! The most important aspect of these characters not only in terms of their culture, but even their very design in the films is their closeness, dependence and reverence for their horses. Yet not one of them has been released with a horse! Where are our Theoden and Snowmane, Eomer and Firefoot, Dernhelm (Eowyn) and Windfola, and Merry, squire of Rohan and Stybba sets? Not a single Rohan horse has been produced yet. That's just wrong if ya ask me!

kool-aid killer
05-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Found the Citadel Guard, Gorbag, Theodred, and Bilbo Possessed...at the local collector/scalper store for $15 plus. I havent seen anything new in a while so it was somewhat pleasent, if a bit disheartening. Im debating whether i should go back and try to trade them two of my figures for theirs, but im unsure about whether they would agree to.

Ji'dai
05-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Spotted the Pellenor Fields gift set at Wal-Mart today; $29. So if you're looking for this set, you may come across it at your local WM. I haven't seen any new LOTR figures or box sets at Suncoast since early this year.

Ji'dai
05-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Saw some new figures at TRU this morning - Galadriel transfixed, Council Legolas, Weathertop Strider, and flaming Ringwraith.

I don't like the green tint on the new Galadriel. Makes her look like a swamp hag. The light-up feature is cool though, her hair and eyes shine green. I wasn't expecting the eyes to light up too.

Fluke Skywalker
05-07-2005, 06:58 AM
I stopped collecting LOTR after soon after ROTK came out. I had planned on picking it back up last summer but retail has almost totally abondoned the line.

Target, Meijer and K-Mart have clearanced their stuff and not re-ordered. TRU and Walmart are the only places left who really get anything, and it's usually old by comparison. It's like Star Wars circa 1985.

kool-aid killer
05-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Check your local Suncoasts (and its sister stores) they seem to be the best place to get new LOTR figures from. TRU still seems to carry them, but they only have a couple of pegs dedicated to the line.

kool-aid killer
05-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I went to a TRU today and found some of the newer figures, most notably Galadriel Entranced and Boromir with sound base. I picked up Galadriel because i really like how the figure looks. Boromir looked okay, but his voice was really funky so i left him behind, it didnt bear any similarity to Sean Beans'. After that i went to a nearby mall and headed straight for the Suncoast store. They were having a 25% off sale for every toy in the store so i picked up the Pelennor Fields set. As good as the Gimili is that came with it, i think Toybiz needs to retire that figure. Same goes for Legolas, ive got an army of him yet few other warrior type elves. Also, for some reason the box doesnt make mention of the exclusive Army of the Dead warrior. Either way its probably the coolest gift pack Toybiz has released, three new figures as opposed to just one or two.

figrin bran
05-14-2005, 05:25 PM
thanks for the suncoast tip, koolaidkiller! i was able to pick up a Gothmog today for a mere 4.49!!!!

kool-aid killer
05-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Oooohhh, dont tell me that, youll make me envious! :D Glad i could be of some help.

figrin bran
05-30-2005, 02:23 AM
i picked up some AOME sets, which apparently will be the final sets, for the dirt cheap price of 3.74 at suncoast.

RooJay
06-03-2005, 01:47 AM
Yeah, it's a real pity about that line. I really did love it, and thought it was an incredible idea (I'd still like to see something like that done with Star Wars). I just think they went about it all wrong from the start. i mean, the line was called Armies of Middle Earth - I was totally expecting to be able to actaully build massive armies of characters for far less cost than if I'd tried to do that with the regukar Toyiz line. Not only was the retail on these guys about 35% too high (the three packs really should've been going for six bucks rarther than ten from the start, and the rest of the line priced accordingly.), but there was far too much reuse and reissuing of figures. For instance, figures like the recently released Wild Man were only ever issued once in a three-pack with two previously released figures (that one's not the best example, but I think I make my point.) It would've also been nice and helpful if they'd been released in larger five and even ten-packs of individual units (at the lower 2 dollars per figure or less price point I mentioned previously) to really help collectors to beef up their ranks! So much wasted potential with this line - perhaps there's still a chance that they'll rethink and retool the whole thing and try again a little later.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-18-2005, 12:22 AM
WEll, thanks to BBTS i FINALLY got my FOTR figures and ROTK.

Brief review, as usual, if anybody cares. we'll go with ROTK first:

1. Gothmog- This figure is pretty awesome. The detail is great, right down to his wacked out left hand. He even includes a spear to stab elderly Gondor Rangers with!

2.Legolas- typical leg. Throwing action, etc. good sculpt though!

3. The Eye of Sauron- It's very well done...when it works. I had a hell of time trying the "TRY ME" option as the button/lever kept getting stuck or whatever. I think it's the dialog from the Sauron figure from back in the day. still, the sculpt is pretty sweet.

4. Sam & Frodo- pretty decent figures although Frodo's neck looks really crappy. the audio for these two is pretty solid, even though it's still not going to be PERFECT, but it does it's job well.

FOTR wave

1. Legolas & Frodo- eh. They're figures. Nuff said.

2. Boromir- he looks great, but his voice is FAR too high pitched. It's like they took Sean Bean's scene from the movie, added some helium.

3. Flaming Wraith- I REALLY like how this was done. the lights/flame effect are pretty solid.

4. Weathertop Strider- once again, the lights are pretty nifty. Pretty fair sculpt too.

5. Galadriel- I guess my fingers are too thick cos for the life of me i couldn't get her light up. The sculpt looks good too, pretty close to the movie as we're gonna get.

anyway, i hope after the TTT wave and the Epic Trilogy wave they just call it quits. I'm spending too much $$ to complete this line till the bitter end. Hopefully this damn elusive Balrog will get SOME sort of a release someday soon.

It's been a great run though hasn't it?

Fluke Skywalker
06-18-2005, 06:19 AM
It's been a great run though hasn't it?

Yep, I really did enjoy it during the movie years. A great, great line. And, I think it'll only increase in value over time, unlike most of the modern Star Wars line.

I checked out right after ROTK was released. Didn't like the movie and was kinda suffering LOTR burn out. When I tried to get back in retail had said bye bye to the line.

I also found a few "new" figures lately (At different stores no less, Walmart and TRU who haven't completly given up on them yet!) Saw the "Weathertop Strider". Almost got it, but just couldn't bring myself to ponie up the cash for a character I have so many of already. Then I found the "Council of Elrond Legolas" Same problem. Never have seen any of the ones I might actually have bought at retail prices, like the "Fountain guard" or the "PJ Hobbitt". :neutral:

CrunchyNug
07-01-2005, 05:30 PM
TTT wave 5 is out there too. Last week they hit Suncoast stores, and this afternoon I found a case at my L.A. TRU.

Happy Hunting!!!

figrin bran
07-01-2005, 06:08 PM
TTT wave 5 is out there too. Last week they hit Suncoast stores, and this afternoon I found a case at my L.A. TRU.

Happy Hunting!!!

hey crunchy, was this at los feliz, burbank or la cienega TRU?

Ji'dai
07-01-2005, 07:34 PM
My Wal-Mart has gotten a ton of the Lothlorien gift packs. I can't see them moving all of those at regular price. Now the Pelennor Fields gift packs would probably sell since they have those three army builder figs in it.

BlueSnags
07-01-2005, 09:45 PM
My Wal-Mart has gotten a ton of the Lothlorien gift packs. I can't see them moving all of those at regular price. Now the Pelennor Fields gift packs would probably sell since they have those three army builder figs in it.

Haven't seen the Lothlorien packs yet. Hopefully they'll hit around here soon.

Found the Two Towers Wave 5 today - Los Feliz TRU got three cases today. Picked up a Theoden, Gandalf, and 2 Uruks. Now I can cancel my "pre-order" on amazon.com (which never would've shipped anyway). Sweet!

-Snags

Ji'dai
07-03-2005, 03:09 PM
The TRU here had quite a few Aragorns & Balrog Gandalfs plus a lone Theoden this morning. The Orcs were gone but I have a feeling the HTF figures are going out the back door at this store.

BlueSnags
07-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Finally saw the Lothlorien pack today at Wal-mart. Had to pass, $25 for two figures is a little too pricey. Hopefully this one'll go on clearance.

Snags

Luuuuuuke
07-04-2005, 09:14 PM
AOME just started falling apart at the seams toward the end. They release a PEW set with a HD elf, they take out fallen Snowmane and Theoden from the Pelennor fields fell beast set, they cancelled a bunch of cool looking sets. And I agree that the prices were a bit too high for AOME. What a waste. Jakks and Playalong really blew it.

Fluke Skywalker
07-10-2005, 04:58 AM
I saw the Mt. Doom Frodo & Sam at TRU, who seem to be barely sticking with the line at this point. They also had the Weathertop Strider (I'm so out of LOTR collecting at this point I don't know if they're even in the same wave).

I passed, as the Mt. Doom figures looked pretty awful IMO and a man can only have so many Strider figures.

kool-aid killer
07-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Today at a Walmart i something new finally. Unfortunately it wasnt Theodred, Shagrat, the Citadel Guard or anybody else i need but the Frodo, Sam, and Shelob set. It looks nice but since i already have the figures i passed. There were several of them on the shelf, it will be watching to see if they move well at all. Aside from them, there have been no new LOTR figures there in some time.

BlueSnags
07-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Saw the Shelob set at Wal-mart here in LA today. Passed on it, even at the somewhat cheap price of $14.99.

Picked up the ROTK Horse & Rider sets at K-Mart - Arwen, Gandalf, and Ringwraith (they had the Aragorn set but it was crushed). Best of all, they rang up at $10.99 each. ;)

Snags

Jargo
07-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Apparently TB have two more waves after the upcoming wave 5 trilogy stuff. Just need to see if retailers are wanting to continue stocking them.
Balrog from NECA will be $80 or thereabouts. with internal LED's to illuminte the cracks and flames on its back and mouth etc. can't remember if they mentioned sound too but i wouldn't think so.
TB want to continue making the toys but only if retail supports it. Personally i can only see retail supporting the line if they stop remaking the same friggin characters in the same friggin costumes all the time. And the constant repacking of figures. these box sets would sell a hell of a lot more units if they did away with the damn repacks and only packed the new figures. so the Lothlorien set just being haldir and Celeborn would have been sweet. The mouth of Sauron sold alone would have been sweet. etc. It's toyline suicide to package figures the way TB does. And it would make sense to have head variants on the army builders too. The upcoming Gondorian soldier with moustache will look really weird if you have a few of them. I also don't see any reasoning behind the articulation of some figures. You've got major action characters with little or poor articulation and then something like the new FOTR Frodo with book with super articulation. What does that Frodo need so many points of artic for? It's just stupid and wasteful. And don't get me started on Council legolas with his dirty old man cloak. Yeesh that's a horrible looking figure.

Seems to me that a lot of companies are struggling in the present economic climate so in real terms putting out fewer products better made would seem wiser than flooding the marketplace with pieces of junk that sit on shelves and pegs for months on end. and chase figures might be a nice idea but rarely work as only a few grab them and tend to encourage hoarders. I'd imagine many havbe got frustrated trying to find certain figures and given up collecting. for companies trying to survive its not a smart move at the moment.
especially as they then realise people aren't happy and they go and release the chase figures in other ways. like endless repacks. thus flooding the market with the same figures people have given up collecting...

Fluke Skywalker
07-17-2005, 10:11 PM
I saw the Lothroien gift set at Walmart tonight for $24.99. I passed, but they seem to be hitting as of right now for those interested.

kool-aid killer
07-18-2005, 01:33 PM
I found Gorbag at a Kmart today. I was quite suprised to see him still hanging around among their other LOTR figures. It also seemed odd that Kmart would have a better selection than Walmart and Target do of LOTR toys. Im really happy right now, i was sure i would have to hit ebay to find him and the other guys im missing. One more Orc for the legions of Sauron!

Fluke Skywalker
07-20-2005, 11:04 PM
I can't find any decent solo figures to save my life, but I did find the "Battle with Shelob" set today. Re-packs, but figures I didn't have and for $14.99, it was a good deal. They also had the Lothlorien set.

figrin bran
07-24-2005, 01:46 AM
i saw tons of the shelob and lothlorien sets at my local wal-mart but passed on both in favor of getting the last pelannor fields set. i saw the last one once at a local suncoast, decided to look at some other stores in the mall first, went back and it was gone so it was nice to finally get it. i don't even mind getting the legolas and gimli rehashes since the other 3 are so nicely made.

kool-aid killer
07-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Theres been word on LOTRG.com that Toybiz has said they will continue to produce LOTR figures as long as the line sells well. The thread doesnt say anything about what Toybiz considers "selling well." Im sure that by now we are all aware of the difficulties in obtaining new figures and the lack of available product due to stores either drastically cutting back their selection or even dropping the line. Going by what i see here in Omaha, this line isnt going to be in production much longer. I hate the vague answer, i would rather be told the line will soon end at wave x so that it doesnt end with people in a mad dash for some low production number last couple of figures.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Is there a decent checklist of all the LOTR figures anywhere? I've never been able to find one that is complete. Also helpful would be to know which figures are reissues. I've passed on several new figures because they look a lot like ones I already have. I'm not quite as organized with them as I am with my Star Wars figures.

Reefer Shark
07-24-2005, 10:14 PM
The Green Dragon has a great list of all the current lines. Here's a link to their Toy Archives (http://www.thegd.com/Toys/lotr.asp). It's a great site, but doesn't get updated very often anymore.

Ji'dai
07-25-2005, 12:37 AM
I would also watch TRU in the coming weeks for old product to surface. My TRU is currently having their summer green tag clearance sale. I found a Cave Troll there Friday, the first time I've seen that figure, and it was only $4.98 with 30% off that!

Darth Alex
07-25-2005, 01:35 AM
Does anyone know when the Eye of Sauron wave hits?
While these are great figures and I've picked up a few, this is the only one I really want to put up on the mantle. And after trying the Aragorn and Flaming RW, I know the light-up feature will look good...

kool-aid killer
07-25-2005, 11:17 AM
I think the Eye of Sauron wave has already hit throughout the country. I seen my first one yesterday at the local comic/scalper shop (along with about four other LOTR figures i need) but will attempt to hold out and find them at retail or through trading instead.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-25-2005, 08:59 PM
The Green Dragon has a great list of all the current lines. Here's a link to their Toy Archives (http://www.thegd.com/Toys/lotr.asp). It's a great site, but doesn't get updated very often anymore. Thanks a bunch. The site seems fairly up to date at this point. I'll have to go through my figures now and see what I have and do not have.

Does anyone know when the Eye of Sauron wave hits?If this is the one I have, I found it in April at TRU along with Gothmog and Mt Doom Frodo and Sam

jjreason
07-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Man, that site is a great resource. Printed off that list and I'm good to go. Does anyone know if there's a link that helps you track the figures rereleases? I know some of those Trilogy figures were released in the old rounded packages, but get confused about which ones (particularly the Striders/Aragorns and Legolas variations).

figrin bran
07-29-2005, 02:21 AM
The Green Dragon is reporting that Toybiz has a line very similar to Unleashed in the works. it sounds promising especially when so many other LOTR lines are falling by the wayside.

TheDarthVader
08-02-2005, 11:12 PM
About the end of the line, I believe that the epic trilogy line will be the last line for LOTR. Yes, I have heard about these unleashed LOTR and would probably buy certain characters but not all of them.

B.
TDV

jjreason
08-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Is there a decent checklist of all the LOTR figures anywhere? I've never been able to find one that is complete. Also helpful would be to know which figures are reissues. I've passed on several new figures because they look a lot like ones I already have. I'm not quite as organized with them as I am with my Star Wars figures.

I'm working on a list like this right now. The Green Dragon is pretty good about what has come out, but they don't denote which figures are repacks or repaints, etc. I'll post a link to my list in here when it's done - and will need feedback about it's correctness.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-04-2005, 10:56 PM
well, apparently some "source" from the GD has the following figures due out for the coming waves of the LOTR line.

EPIC TRILOGY
Collection Asst 1/2 (Sep/Oct 05)
Aragorn
Frodo with Book
Gandalf in robes
Gondorian Archer
Legolas
Mordor
Witch King
Eowen

Collection Asst 3 (Jan/Feb 06)

Aragorn w/Light up Palantir
Super-Poseable Legolas
Easterling w/Banner
Orc w/Banner
Corsair

Collection Asst 4 (Apr/May 06)

Barrow Wight ????
Birch Ent
Rosie Cotton
Berserker Uruk w/ Bomb
Aragorn w/ Red Sleeves at Rohan
Wolf the Wild Man
"To be determined" figure

LOTR Epic Battle (aka "Unleashed") (Feb/Mar 06)

Aragorn
Gimli
Legolas

The Epic Battle are supposedly styles of figures like the SW Unleashed line. I won't get those, but i'll keep buyin' the figures if they keep putting out quality. We'll see how accurate, if any, this is. :D

kool-aid killer
08-05-2005, 12:35 AM
Im not one to look ahead much into the line (i would hate to get all worked up over a figure only to learn its been cancelled) but ive heard that the Gondorian Archer is coming out, so that leads me to believe that the first parts are correct. Down the line im not so sure. Anyways, heres hoping its true.

figrin bran
08-05-2005, 01:15 AM
i'm really hoping the easterling will be released since i'm still kicking myself for not buying more of them when the TTT figures were first released.

jjreason
08-05-2005, 02:48 AM
The Barrow Wight is an interesting choice, as I believe it will be the first "expanded universe" inclusion in the line. In the book (and please correct me if I'm wrong oh knowledgeable and bookish ones) these Wights are the horrors the hobbits and Strider face on Weathertop, as opposed to the Twilight Ringwraiths of the FOTR movie. Be interesting to see what they come up with.

Ji'dai
08-05-2005, 02:56 PM
I think the Barrow Wights are wraiths that inhabit the area where the last battles of the Kingdom of Arnor were waged against the Witch-King of Angmar. The Barrows, which I think are burial mounds, are located somewhere between The Shire and Bree. Tolkien wanted the Hobbits to have an adventure on the way to Bree, so they met Tom Bombadil and his wife. Tom is an interesting character since he is unaffected by the One Ring and it's nothing more than an interesting trinket to him. After leaving Tom's domain, Frodo is captured by a Barrow Wight and ol' Tom has to pull his *** out of the fire. The Hobbits then continue on to Bree, where they meet Strider.

jjreason
08-07-2005, 03:35 AM
Thanks, Ji'dai. I'm in serious need of a Fellowship re-read. I recall very little of Tom Bombadil's role, only the annoying song/poem that he pipes up with every chance he gets. I guess not including him in the films stirred up a lot of folks - someone once told me that Bombadil is the LOTR geek's Boba Fett.

Anyhow, I've thrown what I feel is a pretty complete list of all the loose figures together, complete with as many "ways to get them" as I could come up with.

There are variants I know of, but didn't include on the list (Faramir's hair, HD Aragorn's clean vs dirty pants, etc) and some that I did (Gandalf the Grey's 2 heads and cloth vs. plastic cloak). There is also the little matter of not having added any Fellowship 9 packs as chances to get the figures therein - as I wasn't sure if the 9 pack had been released on all 3 movie themed boxes, or just the first 2. There is also a newer 9 pack with a Peter Jackson Hobbit included, again it's not included in the chances to get those figures. I'll update the list as foks tell me what's wrong, and as I have the time to do so.

kool-aid killer
08-07-2005, 11:35 AM
I noticed you included the Frodo that came with Arwen in the Horse and Rider sets, but didnt do so for the Frodo that comes with Gorbag, or at least i didnt see it. Any reason why? But thanks for taking the time to create this list, its quite helpful when looking for what all holes are in my collection.

jjreason
08-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Interesting, I guess I sort of consider that Frodo an accessory to the Gorbag figure as opposed to a figure itself - but the same arguement could be made for the incapacitated one from the Arwen set.

Fluke Skywalker
08-07-2005, 09:46 PM
I found a Hama figure at Walmart tonight. These things trickle out so unevenly it's frustrating.

jjreason
08-08-2005, 12:04 AM
Neat. He's a burly bugger, eh? I would guess that you found him on the new, blue ROTK-looking trilogy card? He sold out here pretty quick. The only figure I got from that wave was the Council Legolas with the improved hair and cloak.

Apparently the 1st Epic Trilogy wave has hit in Asia - I'd expect them here within the next month. The packaging has been updated, and now includes more distinct movie images in the background of the cards. Very cool looking, and different for the figures from each movie.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-08-2005, 01:50 AM
I found Hama Saturday but he was on a red card.

jjreason
08-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Cool, that's his first release (2Towers Trilogy wave 4). Is his chain mail very black, or did it get the silver wash?

Mad Slanted Powers
08-08-2005, 07:46 PM
It has a fair amount of black on it, more so near the bottom. Certainly it is not shiny like the picture on the front of the package, but the right light could make it look shinier perhaps.

Fluke Skywalker
08-09-2005, 04:36 AM
Neat. He's a burly bugger, eh? I would guess that you found him on the new, blue ROTK-looking trilogy card? He sold out here pretty quick. The only figure I got from that wave was the Council Legolas with the improved hair and cloak.

Yeah, he's a hearty lad that's for sure!

I found Hama Saturday but he was on a red card.

Yeah, mine too. LOTR stuff pours out very slowly, if at all around here. Not suprised he's just now hitting the pegs on a red card.

Reefer Shark
08-09-2005, 10:14 AM
I've seen a few red card Hamas at WM's lately too. No Gamlings though.

Wal-Mart always has gotten in different case assortments than other chains. Same thing goes with Marvel Legends. I guess they have some kind of deal w/ToyBiz or something.

kool-aid killer
08-12-2005, 01:27 PM
I seen the Balrog battle Gandalf figure today, i like the worn, tired look on his face but didnt end up buying the figure though. Other than that i havent seen anything new that ive wanted to buy in a long time.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Last Saturday I saw a three pack with Shelob, Frodo and Sam at Wal-Mart. I passed on it since I have Shelob and Shelob Attack Frodo. Anyone know if there is anything new in this set? I'll probably pass regardless of whether there is anything new or not because that spider just creeps me out too much.

kool-aid killer
08-13-2005, 04:17 PM
I do not believe any of those figures are new. I seen a set today that had Gil-Galad, Elendil, and Sauron in it. Looked pretty nice but since i already had the figures i passed on it. I think most of the smaller sets, those that only have three figures, are mostly repacks whereas the larger sets, with five figures, tend to have one "new" figure at least.

Ji'dai
08-18-2005, 07:29 PM
I spotted NECA's 20" Gandalf the Gray ($40) at Suncoast this afternoon. I think they did a good job at capturing the wizard's likeness. He comes with his sword, Glamdring, and his hat and staff. Might make a nice companion to your Aragorn and Legolas if you got 'em.

These figures are really too big for my taste, although I did pick up NECA's 15" Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man and the 18" Jack Sparrow.

Reefer Shark
08-18-2005, 09:35 PM
I picked up the 18" Gandalf last Saturday at Suncoast. The figure is awesome! I have him setup next to the 18" Aragorn and Legolas, and Gandalf looks the best IMO. Neca really does a nice job.

These 18"ers are a great deal for the money IMO. You would have to pay 6 to 8 times the price to get a statu in that size, and these are way more durable. They can take a fall too (I know from experience).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-18-2005, 11:28 PM
that actually reminds me: the epic Scale BALROG is up for pre-order on many online sites. I pre-ordered mine last night from Amazintoyz for 99.99. This thing is going to be SWEET and it's being produced in REALLY small quantities, so play it smart, everybody! :D

kool-aid killer
08-19-2005, 12:43 AM
I read that its probably going to be about 5,000 pieces, which would make it as common as the BK Uruk Hai, and we all know how easy those are to obtain. That alone should be enough to convince people to take the dive on it. I want to, i really do, but i need to see if my work will give me tuition assistance or else im going to have to pass on it.

Reefer Shark
08-19-2005, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I'm hoping EE will have a pre-order for it so I can do the will-call thing.

I'm definitely not taking a chance on missing this, pre order is going to be the way to go. I wouldn't expect that Suncoast will carry it.

Ji'dai
08-19-2005, 11:21 AM
I could've sworn the box said that the NECA Gandalf was 20" tall. They must be including his pointy hat in that measurement :D

kool-aid killer
08-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping EE will have a pre-order for it so I can do the will-call thing.

I'm definitely not taking a chance on missing this, pre order is going to be the way to go. I wouldn't expect that Suncoast will carry it.

If it only has a run of 5,000 then i doubt it would be carried in Suncoast too. I read somewhere that it was going to be about 22 inches tall. With that in mind, $100 doesnt sound too bad a price, considering its size. It sounds like alot of people are preordering, im going to need to make a decision quick or risk missing out on this. :sad:

jjreason
08-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Some very basic questions about the Balrog, is it a poseable piece made of plastic, or is it a harder, more statue-like item?

kool-aid killer
08-20-2005, 02:46 AM
Not entirely sure, but i do believe it is somewhat poseable. Probably just basic articluation at the most, nothing fancy. Its supposed to come with light up features. My brain is leaning towards passing on it, but the heart is begging to preorder the beast.

Reefer Shark
08-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Some very basic questions about the Balrog, is it a poseable piece made of plastic, or is it a harder, more statue-like item?

Previews mentions some of the articulation. They don't say anything about the material, but I imagine it will be the same material as thier other 18" - 20" figures. 3 1/2 foot wingspan? Man, that thing is going to be huge!

"The Fire Demon Balrog is over 20" tall with a 3 1/2 foot wing span. Comes complete with sword and whip. This fully poseable figure includes ball jointed shoulders, bendable elbows, swivel wrists, and more. The eyes and flames on his back "glow" with LED lights inside. Scheduled to ship in December 2005."

Here's a link to the article at TNI, they also have some unpainted prototype pics from SDCC: Toy News International (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=16&itemid=7667)

BlueSnags
09-01-2005, 02:16 AM
Saw the "Elves of Middle Earth" gift pack tonight at two Wal-marts. Packaging is cool, but the set is all repacks, so I passed. Can't wait for the Epic line to hit...should only be a few more weeks.

Snags

Jargo
09-01-2005, 07:03 AM
Previews mentions some of the articulation. They don't say anything about the material, but I imagine it will be the same material as thier other 18" - 20" figures. 3 1/2 foot wingspan? Man, that thing is going to be huge!

I've read that the wingspan is only 30" elsewhere. And the over all height is 22". Will include lights but sounds are only a possible maybe.

Pre-ordered one anyway. from wwww.scifiwarehouse.com got a special time limited deal price at 80.00. once the deal ran out the price went up to 95.00 - ish. so the site says.

I'm not really collecting LOTR anymore but had to have one of these to stand behind all the bad guys. :hurt::whip: :twisted: :dev: :Ogre:

BlueSnags
09-02-2005, 04:04 PM
For any of you LOTR collectors out there, start checking your TRUs. Burbank TRU had the Master Replicas FX Sting Sword today for $14.99! They are in stock right now at Entertainment Earth for $119.99, so this is a really sweet deal. Needless to say, I picked one up.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MRLR100

-Snags

Reefer Shark
09-02-2005, 11:21 PM
For any of you LOTR collectors out there, start checking your TRUs. Burbank TRU had the Master Replicas FX Sting Sword today for $14.99! They are in stock right now at Entertainment Earth for $119.99, so this is a really sweet deal. Needless to say, I picked one up.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MRLR100

-Snags

Pretty sweet deal, eh Snags?

I managed to pic up about 5 of those at various TRU's at that price a few months back (I posted it in the L.A. just found, but no one seemed interested back then). I ended up giving most of them out to my buddies (+ one to my boss :lipsrseal ).

It's an awesome piece, especially at that price!

BlueSnags
09-03-2005, 02:20 AM
Pretty sweet deal, eh Snags?

I managed to pic up about 5 of those at various TRU's at that price a few months back (I posted it in the L.A. just found, but no one seemed interested back then). I ended up giving most of them out to my buddies (+ one to my boss :lipsrseal ).

It's an awesome piece, especially at that price!

Hey Reef,

Aren't they supposed to retail for $120? How'd TRU get 'em so cheap? The piece IS awesome, one of the coolest LOTR items I've seen.

Snags

JediTricks
09-03-2005, 04:26 AM
I managed to pic up about 5 of those at various TRU's at that price a few months back (I posted it in the L.A. just found, but no one seemed interested back then). I ended up giving most of them out to my buddies (+ one to my boss :lipsrseal ).Hey! I was interested in these since the first time I heard about this $15 TRU thing, I don't remember reading your post about 'em. :( I haven't seen 'em since either.

Snags, I think TRU has had them since they were full price, and these are the leftovers which they're clearancing out.

Reefer Shark
09-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Hey Snags,
I'm pretty sure JT is right about TRU just trying to clearance these things out. I remeber a long time ago, Amazon actually put them out for $39.99, but I didn't order one back then (glad I didn't now!). But yeah, I see them at EE and many other places still at full retail. I also saw them for $150 at Puzzle Zoo.

Yo JT,
I have one last extra just sitting here. You can have it for the low price of $14.99 if you want it. Just LMK! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
09-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Wow Reef, thanks for the offer. I'll get back to you on that, gonna try one more time this week on these.

Reefer Shark
09-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Right on bud,
Good luck on your search.

JediTricks
09-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Search turned up nothing, not even in their computers, that was a downer. So I will take you up on that, thanks. :)

Reefer Shark
09-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Cool bro,
It's all yours :cool:

Luuuuuuke
09-20-2005, 02:42 AM
Are those the Stings that are in a brown box? I've seen a number of those at a couple of TRUs in the last couple of days. I never realized they cost $119.

BlueSnags
09-21-2005, 01:19 AM
Picked up the new LOTR Epic Trilogy wave tonight at TRU, courtesy of a CrunchyNug stash! Now I can't wait for wave 2!!!

Snags
Back in LA

Mad Slanted Powers
09-21-2005, 02:40 AM
Picked up the new LOTR Epic Trilogy wave tonight at TRU, courtesy of a CrunchyNug stash! Now I can't wait for wave 2!!!

Snags
Back in LAI found some too. I got Aragorn Council of Elrond and Gondorian Swordsmen. They also had super poseable Gothmog, sp Frodo, Gandalf Stormcrow and Legolas with a talking base, but I passed on those.

JediTricks
09-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Are those the Stings that are in a brown box? I've seen a number of those at a couple of TRUs in the last couple of days. I never realized they cost $119.
Yeah, not the Toy Biz cheapo kiddie open-to-"try-me"-box Sting, the one in the totally-sealed box from MR.

figrin bran
09-22-2005, 12:34 AM
i found epic trilogy wave 1 at a local TRU tonight. the gondorian swordsmen were gone so all i got was council aragorn and eye of sauron. (passed on legolas w. sound base, frodo w. journal)

kool-aid killer
09-22-2005, 01:02 AM
I only want the Gondorian swordsman. I wouldnt mind the Eye of Sauron either. Unfortunately, my nearest TRU has too many Council Legolas, Frodos, Aragorns, and Bday Bilbos so they probably wont be putting anything new out for a while.

figrin bran
09-25-2005, 02:45 AM
i checked 2 Suncoast stores today but found none of the new wave. i take it that only TRU has received them thus far?

kool-aid killer
09-25-2005, 11:18 AM
At Walmart yesterday i seen the "Kings of Middle Earth" and "Elves of Middle Earth" (or something like that) sets. I passed on both, since ive already got the figures. The Elf one has our supposedly "exclusive" Haldir in armor figure, which i thought was a little weird.

I went to a collectors store yesterday and found some of the Epic Trilogy figures, namely Council Aragorn, Gandalf Stormcrow, Frodo with book, Gothmog, and the Eye of Sauron. I didnt take any of them but was real tempted to with the Eye.

Bacta Beast
09-25-2005, 12:14 PM
If anyone can help me out, I'd really like to get this latest wave. It's seems the resources for LOTR figs. in my area are drying up! So if anyone can find them and pass them along I can pay by check or paypal. I've attached pictures for the ones I want. I don't care about card condition as long as the figures are in good shape.

kool-aid killer
09-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Ah, but at what price are you willing to pay for them? At the collectors shop i was at yesterday they had three of the figures you were seeking but i believe each one was going for $12. Thats a little high in my opinion, but to you that may be a deal considering the difficulty in obtaining new LOTR figures now. But i will keep an eye out for them when i visit a TRU or Suncoast store.

Bacta Beast
09-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Good point, sorry I forgot to mention that little detail. Yes, I would like to stay at Suncoast price (I think it's $7.99) or Wal-mart. Otherwise can't do it. Has anyone heard rather or not these are the last wave. I kinda hope so, then I'll have more money for Star Wars stuff.

kool-aid killer
09-25-2005, 08:52 PM
No, there was a list of figures floating around the internet about several more figures that Toybiz may release, we might even have it in this thread a page or two back. But for the most part i personally feel the line is dead. I dont bother checking the pegs too often to see what all is available because more often than not its just a bunch of Bday Bilbos. Its virtually impossible to find anything around here. I was kind of hoping the line would be pulled sometime this year so i would be spared the hassle of collecting it.

figrin bran
10-09-2005, 01:36 AM
i finally got the Gondorian Swordsman figure today and while the figure itself is really nice, i can't get over how they botched up the tree of gondor emblem on the shield. it's just painted on very lightly and not like the aome gondor soldiers where the emblem is etched into the plastic.

Luuuuuuke
10-09-2005, 02:30 AM
The Gondorian's shield is also supposed to be black. I didn't even notice that until someone else pointed it out though. If the line ended today it would be fine. I'm getting tired of the hassle of looking for these figures myself. And like you said kool-aid killer, the pegs are just filled with Bday Bilbos, Frodos and Aragorns, unless you get lucky the first days the figures get out.

Ji'dai
10-09-2005, 12:07 PM
I did see the new wave on the trilogy cards the past week at TRU. I passed on the Eye of Sauron after seeing it in person. I thought about getting the Gandalf Stormcrow since I don't have a Gandalf the White. Is his grey cloak removable?

figrin bran
10-09-2005, 07:37 PM
I did see the new wave on the trilogy cards the past week at TRU. I passed on the Eye of Sauron after seeing it in person. I thought about getting the Gandalf Stormcrow since I don't have a Gandalf the White. Is his grey cloak removable?

ha! i passed on gandalf stormcrow b/c i have so many other gandalfs but i believe the cloak is removable

BlueSnags
10-09-2005, 08:49 PM
The Gondorian's shield is also supposed to be black. I didn't even notice that until someone else pointed it out though. If the line ended today it would be fine. I'm getting tired of the hassle of looking for these figures myself. And like you said kool-aid killer, the pegs are just filled with Bday Bilbos, Frodos and Aragorns, unless you get lucky the first days the figures get out.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with you there. As much as I like the line, it's too much of a pain finding the new figures. TRU is the only one who carries them now. The TRU here in Burbank never even got them in, as far as I can tell (unless they went out the back door, not an uncommon occurance at that TRU).

Snags

kool-aid killer
10-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Anybody ever hear anything else about the Balrog that NECA was supposedly making? It seems like talk of him has died down rather swiftly, almost makes me think hes a no go for sure now. How difficult could it be to give a simple yes or no?

figrin bran
10-10-2005, 12:34 AM
Anybody ever hear anything else about the Balrog that NECA was supposedly making? It seems like talk of him has died down rather swiftly, almost makes me think hes a no go for sure now. How difficult could it be to give a simple yes or no?

the NECA Balrog is coming (as long as there are enough preorders)! supposedly around Dec. 20 of this year and with a retail price of 119.99

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=lotrnews2.setup&category=lotr&topic=3&show_article=340

Reefer Shark
10-10-2005, 12:55 AM
I have my Balrog pre-ordered at cornerstorecomics.com for $87.49.

You can still pre-order em for that price, here's the link: http://cornerstorecomics.com/

kool-aid killer
10-12-2005, 02:13 PM
the NECA Balrog is coming (as long as there are enough preorders)! supposedly around Dec. 20 of this year and with a retail price of 119.99

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=lotrnews2.setup&category=lotr&topic=3&show_article=340

So why cant NECA say what would be considered "enough?" I think some people are holding off on preordering one simply because they dont know whether its a go or not.

On the Toybiz figure front, im still seeing the same old figures whenever i check, which is becoming few and far between. I think the way this line is progressing towards its death is proof that children do indeed dicatate a large amount of a toylines life. I doubt many kids are asking mom for that Bday Bilbo that seems to be everywhere.

kool-aid killer
10-15-2005, 12:09 PM
The Balrog seems to be given the thumbs up. Im glad to finally hear something concrete about it.

Yesterday i found some Epic Trilogy figures at the TRU i visited. Unfortunately the only one i wanted (the Eye of Sauron) was nowhere to be seen. But i was happy to see that something new had trickled into the city.

kool-aid killer
10-28-2005, 12:56 AM
Three posts in a row, is anybody else still collecting this line or is this going to turn into a copy of my "Omaha" thread in the "Just Found" section prior to msjedi joining SSG? (For those of you who arent aware of that thread, it basically started out as me talking to myself for quite some time.) I finally found some new figures at a TRU. I managed to get the Eye of Sauron that had been eluding me for some time, plus i got a Gondorian to go along with the one Luuuuuuke had sent me. Another shocking thing was that there were at least six pegs that were filled with Epic trilogy wave 1 figures, could this line be experiencing a retailer revival? Im hoping so, but the Frodos that come in the wave are telling me otherwise.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-28-2005, 01:20 AM
I've not really seen anything new lately. TRU looks like they may have put out another case of the trilogy figures, but they were ones I already had. I'm not as hard core about it as I am with Star Wars, especially since I spend so much on Star Wars. Plus, it's harder to find info on the figs. Sometimes I'll see a new figure, but often it's just a repack. Then I can't recall if I got the original. Even if I didn't get the original, I may have one similar enough to it that I don't need to get it. This is usually the case with all the various Legolas and Aragorn figures. That Green Dragon website was helpful, but I don't have that info with me when I am in the stores. I usually just take a quick look at the LOTR figs after I look at the Star Wars figures.

BlueSnags
11-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Looks like this line is history. The big rumor is that Toy Biz didn't renew the license for '06, and orders are being cancelled for the upcoming lines. Epic Trilogy 2 is going to be tough to find, if we can even find it at all. Check out this ebay auction for the Eowyn figure from Wave 2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Lord-Of-The-Rings-Epic-Trilogy-Eowyn-Shield-Maiden_W0QQitemZ6010661316QQcategoryZ20913QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Crazy.:crazed:

kool-aid killer
11-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Im glad that its over, i just wish Toybiz would produce a sizable amount of Epic Trilogy 2 figures so that we collectors wont have to break our bank accounts in order to get these last couple of figures. I only want Eowyn and the Orc, but ive got a feeling they are going to be difficult to obtain.

BlueSnags
11-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Im glad that its over, i just wish Toybiz would produce a sizable amount of Epic Trilogy 2 figures so that we collectors wont have to break our bank accounts in order to get these last couple of figures. I only want Eowyn and the Orc, but ive got a feeling they are going to be difficult to obtain.

I know. Still no sign of them at TRU (the only chain left still carrying them)...doesn't look good.:(

BlueSnags
11-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Received my Epic Trilogy Wave 2 in the mail today. The packaging was U.S., not bilingual.The Orc Lieutenant kicks ***. Wish I could get my hands on another one so I could open it...we'll see. Eowyn is a pretty cool figure, and the Morgul Witchking with Flaming Sword is a figure that every LOTR fan will want. Hopefully they will make it to the U.S. shelves in some form or fashion.

figrin bran
11-15-2005, 01:50 AM
my local KB got in some trilogy figures...i saw Gamling, Shelob, Gil Gilad, Elendil, Coronation Arwen, Cirith Ungol Uruk Hai, Coro Gimli, Gondor Captain Boromir. who knows, they might continue to get other waves as well.

kool-aid killer
11-15-2005, 01:29 PM
So with the lines upcoming end, what all are figures are you guys missing out on? Im still after Theodred, the Citadel Guard, and the Mouth of Sauron. Once ive got those three (and the two from Epic Trilogy 2 that im after) i will be all caught up.

BlueSnags
11-15-2005, 01:43 PM
So with the lines upcoming end, what all are figures are you guys missing out on? Im still after Theodred, the Citadel Guard, and the Mouth of Sauron. Once ive got those three (and the two from Epic Trilogy 2 that im after) i will be all caught up.

TTT Orc Captain
FOTR Peter Jackson
TTT Twilight Frodo (original packaging)

I think that's it. Might have to resort to ebay unless KB or some other clearance outlet get a shipment of old figs in.

Bacta Beast
11-15-2005, 01:44 PM
I found all of those . . . but then I sold them. I still have more in a thread I posted over at lordoftheringsguide.com. I have to sell my whole collection.:cry:

Reefer Shark
11-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Well, I caved in and got a set of series two figures on ebay. I think I got a pretty good deal. With shipping, it came to about $65. I got Mordor Orc Leuitenent, Flaming Sword Morgul Lord, Fiery ringwraith, Balrog battle gandalf, and Legolas.

Cant wait to get the Mordor Orc, and Flaming Sword Morgul Lord. Those guys are the main reason I bought the set.

I don't really want the Gandalf and Legolas. If anyone here wants 'em you can have 'em for $8 each, just LMK.

kool-aid killer
11-20-2005, 12:27 PM
I went to a KB yesterday and found the Citadel Guard, so now im only after four figures. Not bad, considering how difficult it was for me to obtain LOTR figures this past year.

figrin bran
11-26-2005, 07:41 PM
KB is selling their lotr figures 3 for $10 this weekend!

i managed to score a Fountain Guard and Hama! (for the 3rd one i picked an extra KOTD which hopefully i'll try to repaint)

Darth Cruel
12-01-2005, 10:44 PM
I am very disappointed in the demise of this line of figures. ToyBiz did a wonderful job on them (except for the godless number of repacks). I will miss collecting this line tremendously.

jjreason
12-02-2005, 01:05 AM
It IS sad. This is likely my favorite set of loose figures - they've done a great job. I was also really impressed with the card changes - the Epic Trilogy cards are beautiful. I finally broke down and bought Gothmog and Eye of Sauron on these cards so that I'd have as many of them on ET cards as possible.

Fluke Skywalker
12-02-2005, 06:49 AM
I've noticed that the prices on ebay for many of the older figures, up until the line switched to "Epic trilogy" have plateaued or have fallen a bit in case anyone is still missing figures from that era.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Taking a hint from Reefer, i got the last set of 5 (I didn't order the rehash Eowyn or Galadriel) and got them this week: Mordor Orc Lt (who looks great), Balrog Battle Gandalf (got'em), Witchking with Fire sword (nifty!), Legolas (eh) and Burning Ringwraith (likey!) i'm glad to have finally got this line under my belt. I have countless great memories collecting these figures, mostly driving around Columbus, OH with my buddy collector, Dave, blaring the LOTR score and other tunes, hunting for these things. While i'm sad to see it go, i understand and am actually grateful the line is finished. The figures were top notch 99% of the time and you can tell the sculptors were fans of the films as they put in so many great little details in the armor, clothing and weaponry. So many great figures and memories! Thank you, Toybiz, for doing Tolkiens work and PJ's films justice.

on a side note, i so WOULD HAVE LOVED for the Orc Lt to have a soundchip that said, 'Catapults!" in taht high pitched squeak of his. But still, fantastic line!! :love:

figrin bran
12-11-2005, 01:32 AM
my local KB received more shipments of trilogy figures. i picked up an isengard orc and a lurtz today. and then last week, my local TRU got in at least 2 cases of epic trilogy wave 1, oddly enough and so i was able to get a gothmog on this particular card.

BlueSnags
12-12-2005, 01:08 PM
my local KB received more shipments of trilogy figures. i picked up an isengard orc and a lurtz today. and then last week, my local TRU got in at least 2 cases of epic trilogy wave 1, oddly enough and so i was able to get a gothmog on this particular card.

Right on, I saw a fresh case of Epic 1 at TRU yesterday as well. Still no sign of Series 2 anywhere (thank god for Canadian retailers, was able to get the set of 7 from them for $10 a figure). Still holding out hope that KB will be getting some of the rarer figures at closeout prices (Orc Captain, Peter Jackson, etc).

TheDarthVader
12-22-2005, 05:56 PM
BlueSnag, whom did you order from online for the set of series 2?

The only figures I am missing are Modor Orc, Eowyn series 2, and firey sword ringwraith series2.

B.
TDV

Darth Cruel
12-26-2005, 01:11 AM
What incredible news that Sideshow will be doing the 12" figures from LOTR. That means the collecting is not dead, and the figures should be awesome! Think about this 12" orcs done with Sideshow detail! I am as giddy as I was when the movies first came out!

Fluke Skywalker
12-26-2005, 07:53 AM
I'm glad that LOTR is going to continue in another format, but I'm not a big fan of the Sideshow 12" line, at least the Star Wars stuff. I'm anxious to see what they do here, though.

TheDarthVader
12-30-2005, 10:38 AM
I went to a toy site, and it showed that some of the toy biz basic lotr figures wouldn't be released until January. I hope this means more of series 2 will show up in less than a couple of weeks!

B.
TDV

Darth Cruel
01-03-2006, 12:42 PM
And Aragorn will be the first of Sideshow's 12" line! I can't wait for the preorder!

Darth Cruel
01-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Got it! And in only 19 minutes! The pics of this figure rock! But he is pricey at 65.00 before tax and shipping

Hellboy
01-14-2006, 04:02 AM
I never got into collecting any of the LOTR toys but I do have a collection of Sideshow's LOTR statues so I was quite happy to hear they were starting a new 12" line.

I went ahead and pre-ordered Aragorn and if he is any indication of what the quality of future releases will look like I'll have another line to collect. Definitely a bit pricey at $72 shipped but he sure comes with a lot of accessories and the detail is very impressive.

Reefer Shark
01-15-2006, 03:11 PM
That Aragorn 12" does look great. Up until now, I haven't cared for most of the Sideshow exclusive accessories, but this guy is a different case.

His exclusive accessories are his hooded cloak and pipe. Now I'm seriously bummed.... I could live without the pipe, but I really want the cloak with my Aragorn, and I'm very dissapointed that mine won't have one :upset: .

....I'll still take the regular version over nothing though..

figrin bran
01-16-2006, 08:21 PM
my local kb's keep on getting shipments of trilogy figures so check your local stores just in case you're missing anything. i picked up another citadel guard on saturday and passed up a hama since i already have him. hopefully denethor will show up since i never got one.