PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings figures

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Jayspawn
11-14-2002, 11:47 PM
The old thread seems to have disapeared, so I'm starting a new one.

Anyways, I found Kind Theoden tonight at Media Play. He's a neat looking figure. He's a smaller figure like Eomer- but the detail is good. I also saw the LOTR Snow Globe, thats cool too!

The True Maul
11-16-2002, 08:18 PM
Congrats on your find!! I just got Sauron from Entertainment Earth he is a great figure.A few weeks ago I got Two Towers: Legolas, Easterling, Grima Wormtongue and 2 pack Merry & Grishnack!!:)

Jayspawn
11-16-2002, 11:51 PM
Those are great figures. I'm waiting to find my Sauron in stores. As soon as Harry Potter dies down in the next week or two, we should see a lot more LOTR figures. I'm really looking forward to Treebeard!

derek
11-16-2002, 11:56 PM
i was really excited after seeing the 12 inch legolas prototype photos. it looked awesome, was an excellent likeness of orlando bloom, and had beatuiful rooted hair. i found the final product in a store, and it looked terrible, and had horrible plastic hair, like it was blowing in the wind. too bad......this could of been one cool figure, especially since his small figure is very well done.

toybiz needs to let sideshow do it's 12 inch figures, since they already do the statues and busts.

Jayspawn
11-17-2002, 12:36 AM
12" figures form Sideshow would be great! ToyBiz is making great figures, but Sideshow would make better 12". They always do.

Jayspawn
11-20-2002, 12:01 AM
I picked up Gandalf the White from Target last night. It's a great figure. And very different figure from Gandalf the Grey. The Ian McKellen likeness is a little better.

187-Maul
11-20-2002, 07:30 AM
I ordered Legolas from toy-palace some days ago
does anybody have him, and does he really look like the actor? cause over at niubniub the fig looked EXACTLY like the actor that I just had to order him

Jayspawn
11-20-2002, 11:06 AM
The new Legolas figure is one of the best figures Toy Biz has ever made. It looks just like the actor and has a bunch of great accessories and the artiiculation is awesome. Well worth it!

Prince Xizor
11-20-2002, 01:54 PM
Good Choice Maul!

As Jayspawn said, the Legolas toy is one of the best figures, but not just form Toy Biz, but ever made. This is the toy that got me into collecting the rest of the Two Towers Toys.

Wolfwood319
11-20-2002, 07:12 PM
Yeah, the Legolas is the best. I also love the new Eomer, Rohirrim Soldier, and the Gimli from the 2-pack released a few months back. Simply outstanding figures.

I got Gandalf w/ Shadowfax last night, totally awesome. The cloth cloak is awesome, and the likeness is almost as good as the legolas, way better than the Gandalf the Grey.

Jayspawn
11-21-2002, 12:09 AM
How white is his outfit? I havn't seen this set yet.

187-Maul
11-21-2002, 09:09 AM
thanx for the info guys, looks like I picked just the right one:D
now I can't wait till I finally get him...

ConvergeDW
11-21-2002, 05:08 PM
Jayspawn, was it the single carded Galdalf you found? I am assuming so by your reaction to the set.
I picked up the Sauron figure at TRU yesterday, he's pretty sick, but his head seems a little to long/tall.

Jayspawn
11-22-2002, 12:02 AM
Yeah it was the single Gandalf the White. I'm glad Sauron is starting to show up. He hasn't been seen in my area yet, but I'm on the lookout!

I hear he's one of the best figures.

ConvergeDW
11-22-2002, 07:17 PM
Yeah Sauron is great, his voice is incredibly loud

ConvergeDW
11-27-2002, 06:06 PM
well I picked up a bunch of Two Towers stuff at WALMART for a buck each today.

Jedi Master Silas
11-27-2002, 07:25 PM
I just bought the 12" Witchking Ringwraith and Legolas. I give them a big thumbs up. The WR is very cool right down to his boots and Legolas has very nice clothes. I havent seen TTT yet but I do like the figures.

Jayspawn
11-28-2002, 12:42 AM
$1????? Do tell. What did you get for only $1?

ConvergeDW
11-28-2002, 07:14 PM
I stopped by a Walmart near my house on my first day home for the holiday, and I was mainly looking for new MOTU stuff but noticed they had a couple theodens and the resculpted Saruman, so I grabbed them, and gave my friend a call to see if he wanted me to pick them up for him. He asked me to see how much they were, so I scanned them and they came up at buck! Needless to say he gave me the OK and when I was rung up, I paid $8 for 4 figures and some non-drowsy cold medicine for my mom. Why they were a buck, I have no idea

Jayspawn
12-01-2002, 12:14 AM
My local KB Toys put out Gandalf and Shadowfax. It's a great figure set! I'd get it, but I don't want to pay the full $24.99 KB price. So I'll hold out till I get it at Target or TRU for cheaper.

ConvergeDW
12-01-2002, 06:55 PM
I picked up Treebeard at TRU yesterday, he is Really awesome!!!!
He is probably around 18 inches tall, says a bunch of really cool stuff, and throws around your Hobbits!!!!!!!!

Jayspawn
12-01-2002, 08:32 PM
How much did he cost?

ConvergeDW
12-01-2002, 09:00 PM
$29.99

Darth Cruel
12-01-2002, 11:09 PM
I bought Sauron and treebeard at TRU yesterday. I left all three of the two packs and all three of the Horse/Rider sets there as I was picking up the 12" Star Wars Dengar wave as well.

These LOTR figures are sweet. I just wish I could find the series I TTT figures. I saw them once, got Legolas and The Easterling, And have not seen them since. ALL of the others, series II, the two packs, the Horse/Rider sets, the 12", Treebeard and Sauron are all warming the pegs here now. But I only have the two of series I

ConvergeDW
12-01-2002, 11:37 PM
Yeah, They are sticking pretty bad by me too, other then anything featuring Orlando Bloom's likeness. However if you remember last year, The Fellowship Figures sat like crazy until the movie came out, then BAM! there was nothing, retailers couldn't glue them to the pegs.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-02-2002, 01:27 AM
I'm all up to speed and whatnot on the LOTR figures, but I still need a blasted Gandalf!!!! I haven't even seen Treebeard or Sauron in OH, but i'm assuming they'll be here shortly.

ConvergeDW
12-02-2002, 06:39 AM
I just found Gandalf last week, and he was fairly common over the weekend. It took him quite a while.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-02-2002, 09:13 AM
ah, blast!!! I can't find Gandalf anywhere!!!!! Hopefully i'll get some hunting in today. :D

Jayspawn
12-02-2002, 10:04 AM
My local Taget keeps getting Gandalfs. Which is good because he's a cool figure.

Prince Xizor
12-02-2002, 02:11 PM
I saw the single Gandalf a couple of times over the weekend, but I am going to buy the one with his horse, as soon as I can find it.

jpak001
12-07-2002, 02:49 PM
These Toy Biz LOTR figures are awesome! I have everything from FOTR, but still do need a few single figs from TTT (cant find a blasted Easterling anywhere!).

I'm especially impressed with Sauron, mine had a little bag with 4 extra rings taped in the back of the box (in case you lose "the one true ring"). It think that is so cool!!

Anyways, just wanted to give a tip for the Gandalf/Shadowfax set:
Since there isn't a harness on Shadowfax, Gandalf just kinda sits (lamely) on top of his horse. I took the clear rubberband from Saurons packaging (it was on Saurons head), and strapped it around Gandalf's ankles (with Gandalf on Shadowfax, of course). This worked out great, he almost really looks like he's riding it now!

Looking forward to the NEW figures in waves 3, 4, and 5!!!
(not sure why there repackaging figures from two packs...)

Jayspawn
12-08-2002, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the tip jpak001.

Has anyone been able to run across Treebeard or Sauron? If so where?

These 2 continue to evade me.

ConvergeDW
12-09-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Thanks for the tip jpak001.

Has anyone been able to run across Treebeard or Sauron? If so where?

These 2 continue to evade me.

I have seen Treebeard in abundance at several TRU's, but I have seen Sauron, only at the Time Square TRU. I suppose Toys R' Us is you r best bet for now. I wouldn't worry, the LOTR stuff gets easier to find.

Emperor Howdy
12-09-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Yeah, the Legolas is the best. I also love the new Eomer, Rohirrim Soldier, and the Gimli from the 2-pack released a few months back. Simply outstanding figures.

I got Gandalf w/ Shadowfax last night, totally awesome. The cloth cloak is awesome, and the likeness is almost as good as the legolas, way better than the Gandalf the Grey.

Let me guess...you made trades for all of these figures, then never sent a dime? Ahhh yes.....that's the good 'ol Wolfwood I know! :D

jpak001
12-09-2002, 02:47 PM
Well, there seems to be TONS of Treebeards and Saurons at all the TRU's in my area (especially Treebeard with his 29.99 price tag). Keep checking your TRU, they're bound to get 'em in soon!

Heads up: BigBadToyStore just got in assortment 1 today. You can get your Gandalf the White, Legolas, and Easterlings from them for reasonable prices. Good stuff!

jpak001
12-11-2002, 12:55 AM
Finally scored the Easterling and Faramir today, that got me current!

:eek: After I opened Farmair I noticed he has two right forearms!! :eek:

I wish I would have noticed at the store, would've checked the other one they had (was too busy paying attention to the paint jobs to notice!). Anyone else's Faramir like this, or did I get a mutie ??

Prince Xizor
12-11-2002, 04:04 PM
I found both Gandalf with ShadowFax and the single figure, and after inspecting them both, the single pack figure is 100 times better. I usually like cloth over plastic, but the cloth on Gandalf just looked stupid. But the single figure rules, with ball joints aplenty and the wrist on his staff arm extending out to make it look like he is firing magic. Awesome. The second best figure in the line behind Legolas.

Jayspawn
12-11-2002, 11:43 PM
Sauron just now hit my TRU but there was only like 3. No sign of Treebeard yet. But with the movie less than a week away, the both should show up more.

Prince Xizor
12-12-2002, 12:13 AM
There was a million Treebeard's at my TRU but no Sauron's. Damn it....

jpak001
12-12-2002, 10:08 AM
This may be old news:

There's some pretty good pictures of assortments 3, 4, and 5 at Raving Toy Maniac.

Here's a link to asst 3 (with the ultra-cool twilight ringwraith):

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/2744.shtml

Cant wait to score these babies!

Jayspawn
12-12-2002, 01:13 PM
I saw those pictures. There are some cool figures on the way. Too bad some of them are rereleased old figuresd. But the Twilight Ringraith and Galandriel look sweet! So does Gollum.

ConvergeDW
12-13-2002, 11:47 AM
I am pretty sure both Sauron, and Treebeard are availible on Amazon now if any one wants to get them that way.

Jayspawn
12-15-2002, 11:16 PM
My Toys'R'Us has set up a very nice Lord of the Rings display. Lots of every figure including Sauron and TREEBEARD! And I must say, Treebeard is a great looking figure.

ConvergeDW
12-21-2002, 01:45 AM
GOLLUM PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://americandreamcomics.com/index.php?itemid=839

oh man I love Gollum so much...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-21-2002, 09:14 AM
Oh man, convergeDW, i love you so much for posting those!!! wow, just wow......bookmarked...done and done!!! Those last two links to pics have sent me on sensory overload. :D

QLD
12-21-2002, 10:26 AM
I just started collecting the figures this week. Unfortunately, I missed out on the FOTR figures, but I think I'll manage to scrape them up.

The only ones I have so far are the Cave Troll, Baromir 2-pack, and Saruman TTT and Aragorn TTT.

I haven't felt this way about toys in a while, due to the lack of good Star Wars product being made these days.

Jayspawn
12-21-2002, 10:43 AM
It shouldn't be too hard tracking down some of the older figures. Many of them can be found at KB Toys on clearence. That's where I got a number of my older figures.

I got Treebeard last night for an early Christmas present. Woohoo!

JesusFreak
12-21-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I just started collecting the figures this week. Unfortunately, I missed out on the FOTR figures, but I think I'll manage to scrape them up.

If all else fails, go Ebay! hehe

I'm about to start collecting, I don't have the money to buy figures now, though. I'm hoping to get Saruman, Aragorn, Legolas, and Gandalf, all from TTT, for Christmas.

ConvergeDW
12-21-2002, 11:48 PM
Yeah, over Thanksgiving I saw tons of Fellowship stuff at KB, even a bunch of Striders, all for 5.99. I think Elrond, and Bilbo may be tough though.

jpak001
12-22-2002, 05:13 AM
Yep, the KB clearance is the way to go if you still need some of the older LOTR figures:

Single figs = $5.99
Two packs = $7.99
Cave Troll = $14.99
12inch = $12.99

Personally, I think the 2packs are the best deal. I bought another Borimir/Lurtz just for to replace some broken/warped Borimir accessories (plus I needed some weapons for the mailaway Uruk-hai).

QLD
12-22-2002, 08:16 AM
The only FOTR items I have so far is the Baromir 2-pack, and the Cave Troll. Sadly, I remember my "secret" KB having tons of them, but they just sold them recently now that I went back to get them.

The Baromir from the 2-pack seems to not be of the same quality of the other figures. And I got Aragorn from TTT, but, well, it doesn;t look like Aragorn, and the action feature really takes away from the figure.

derek
12-23-2002, 11:00 PM
QLD,

be on the lookout for the fellowship 9 pack. i got this at walmart for $30 bucks.:) that's just over $3 a figure. way better than buying them all separate for $6-$9 each. before that, i only had legolas and arwen.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-23-2002, 11:25 PM
If you care to, head over to www.amoktime.com and browse the LOTR figures. They have more pics up, like Twilight Frodo, Sam, King Theoden in armor and some other stuff. Sweet Monkey!! cheers!! :D

QLD
12-24-2002, 04:01 PM
Derek, is that the 12" or 6" Arwen. I didn't know there was an Arwen figure yet.

I have a couple of LOTR figs under the tree, not sure which ones yet. I'll find out tonight. And the new figs look AWESOME!

figrin bran
12-25-2002, 12:46 AM
hey QLD, there is an Arwen figure in the deluxe horse and rider set with Asfaloth and "wounded" Frodo. i've seen some at targets recently so you still might be able to find one.

QLD
12-25-2002, 01:57 AM
Cool, I want to get that. I'll have to look more thoroughly now that the Christmas crowds are going to be a lot smaller.

I ended up getting a Gandalf the White, and Faromir today for Christmas.

Bosskman
12-25-2002, 01:46 PM
I got the Fellowship 9 pack for Christmas today. It is absolutely awesome! I wasn't even going to get it but was surprised this morning when my aunt got it for me. The figures are pretty much the same as a lot of ones I alredy have but the paint jobs are different and the cloth cloaks are sweet. Gimli and Legolas RULE!!!!!

Jayspawn
12-26-2002, 10:55 AM
The Arwen that comes with the horse is a very nice figure. I'm hoping that TB will make a standard one also. There's a new Aragorn comin gout this next year that looks a litle better.

jpak001
12-26-2002, 12:10 PM
I got the 9pack as a X-Mas gift too. It's great!

It looks awesome in the package, they're all walking in row with their swords drawn, and like Bosskman said, there are some slight differences to the figures themselves. Most notably the cloth robe on Gandalf (looks much better than the grey plastic one IMO).

Oh yeah, the Arwen figure IS very nice. Great likeness of Liv Tyler!

robman71
12-26-2002, 01:11 PM
I too received the Fellowship Gift Pack for Christmas, and must say that I am more than pleased with this. I only had the Gandalf figure from the FOTR and the new figure with the cloth cloak just looks better. My big question is with it being packaged so nicely, should I open it or leave it packaged?

QLD
12-26-2002, 03:11 PM
I really want the fellowship 9 pack, but I can't find it ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jpak001
12-26-2002, 03:24 PM
I don't think it was supposed to come out until '03. Santa Clause (my girlfreind) got mine from ebay.

I know that they have popped up at Wal-Mart, I found a thrashed one there with a $29.99 price tag (what a steal!). It's also available for pre-order from the KB Kids website for $39.99.

Hope this helps you find one, it really is a cool set!

QLD
12-26-2002, 04:14 PM
I have seen it on KB's website, but I haven't pre-ordered it yet. I am hoping to find it. The one I saw on ebay was at 50 dollars already.

derek
12-26-2002, 09:13 PM
QLD,

yep, the 6 inch arwen is awesome. she comes with her horse and a wounded frodo. i just saw about 6 of these at toys 'r us on monday.

the 12 inch one, however is horrible, as all the 12 inch LOTR figures are. as much as i gripe about hasbro, they would of done a much better job on the 12 inch line.

word is, the next wave of LOTR 12 inch figures have been cancelled. i hope and pray toybiz is gonna let sideshow make these. could you guys just imagine 12 inch elf archers, and an 18 inch sauron?:eek:

QLD
12-26-2002, 10:02 PM
Ohhh....I would love one of those Arwen's derek! ;)

I scouted my TRU today, and found the Gandalf and Ring Wraith rider packs. But no sign of Arwen. Or Legolas for that matter.

I also found the Gimli/orc 2-pack, and the Sam-Frodo boat pack.
So that was a nice score for me. But alas, no legolas for me... :(

robman71
12-27-2002, 09:19 AM
Went out last night to my local TRU, Target, and Wally World only to find that TRU only had Gandalf the White from TTT and Treebeard. Target and Wallyworld had no LOTR figures at all. When I asked in Target, I just got a blank stare, then the inevitable umm..., I could not find anyone on the floor to ask at Wally Word and the customer service counter line was way too long. Anyone else having this problem?

QLD
12-27-2002, 09:23 AM
I had that problem at Wal-Mart before Christmas. I guess they sold all of them, and hadn't re-stocked. I guess they didn't anticipate selling many during the holidays.

I haven't looked at Target, but TRU has had a decent supply of them.

icatch9
12-27-2002, 10:51 AM
I have no real proof of what I'm about to say, but from my vast shopping rout (up to 5 Targets and 5 WM in one night) I have found this.

Before the Xmas rush, when WM was resetting their toy department they shrunk the big front Star Wars display to a third of what it was during the summer. They prepared for the big Holiday movie toys (Harry Potter and LOTR). Thus for a brief period the front toy isle had LOTR, Harry Potter, and Star Wars figures. Even though it was set, I never saw anything but Star Wars fully stocked. Then a week or so later (at all of the WM I frequent) they clearance out all of their FOTR figures and removed the display from the main toy isle. Thus leaving Harry Potter and Star Wars to cover the whole isle. So, logic would lend us to believe that WM stopped carrying LOTR figures for some strange reason. I don't know why this could be. Could be they think the movie is too violent to sell the toys to kids. Could be they don't like the way Toy Biz runs things. Could be they don't like directors from New Zealand. Who knows? I do know that not a single Wal-Mart I've been to this holiday season (more than 10 different ones) have had a LOTR figure.

Now on to what I've found at Targets. Each Target is different. Thus what each Target carries is different. This is most significant to us in the toy department. The LOTR figures are carried at some Targets (and those that do have them have a great selection). It seems that some Targets don't have the second action figure isle which is where the LOTR figures are located. Along with McFarlane Sports Pics, Star Trek Enterprise and Nemesis figures, Star Trek Mini Manics figures ect. Most of the bigger Targets have them but not always. I think its luck of the draw and who sets up the toy department.

I'm not a store organizer, but you'd think this time of year you'd want the toys to go along with one of the biggest movies of the year and of all time. So, unless you have one of the lucky Targets or a TRU near by, your chances of buying LOTR figures is sparse.

Again, I have no proof of any of this, but as these are the facts as Iíve scene them. Hope this helped a little.

jpak001
12-27-2002, 11:49 AM
Hmmm, we'll at the horrible Wal-Mart by my house (I mean it, this place is a wreck), they had a pretty good amount of FOTR two packs, a few single figs, and 1 destroyed gift set on Dec 23rd. No TTT anywhere in sight. When I ask them anything, they look at me like they don't even understand english.

So I've been driving waaaaay out of my way to the only other WM around here looking for Marvel Legends. This is a much nicer WM, but they have no LOTR figures at all (and I get the same "ummmm" when I ask for figures).

So I guess my point is........ Wall-Mart SUCKS for us figure collectors, I really wish they wouldn't get any exclusives at all. And from what I've seen it looks like they don't carry TTT figures.

QLD
12-27-2002, 11:49 AM
Thanks icatch.

Anyone else have any trouble getting Shadowfax to stand properly? I have to kneel him on his right front leg. I can't get just a standard standing pose. I have no problem with my Ring Wraith, but Shadowfax just won't seem to cooperate.

InsaneJediGirl
12-27-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by jpak001
[BWhen I ask them anything, they look at me like they don't even understand english.

So I've been driving waaaaay out of my way to the only other WM around here looking for Marvel Legends. This is a much nicer WM, but they have no LOTR figures at all (and I get the same "ummmm" when I ask for figures).
[/B]

I've had the same problem until today.I finally picked up a Legolas figure:cool:WM seems to have a ton of Gandalf the White figures though,two pegs full.Is he even that popular?No luck in finding Treebeard though:(

Whats with the blank stares when you ask for figures though?I asked a week ago and got this "Uhh"..then even described the packing..more stares.Quite amusing at times.

QLD
12-27-2002, 06:58 PM
My WM got restocked on them, but I missed the Legolas figures, someone beat me to them. Oh well, maybe one day I'll find one.

LTBasker
12-27-2002, 08:07 PM
I've been wanting to pick up some LOTR figures, who has the best retail prices?

Also, is there a TTT Gimli figure coming? I only saw two different FOTR Gimli's on a site.

QLD
12-27-2002, 08:31 PM
No TTT Gimli yet, but I have still seen the FOTR Gimli Uruk-Hai warrior 2-packs around.

Right now Walk-Mart has them for 6.83 I believe. And KB had them on sale or 7.99.

ThomasLane
12-27-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by robman71
I too received the Fellowship Gift Pack for Christmas, and must say that I am more than pleased with this. I only had the Gandalf figure from the FOTR and the new figure with the cloth cloak just looks better. My big question is with it being packaged so nicely, should I open it or leave it packaged?

I am normally an opener, but in this case, I've kept them packaged. The set looks wonderful packaged, and you'll never get all those figures to stand up on their own anyway. At the very least, save the packaging so you can put them back in later.

I don't remember the fellowship marching up the mountains with their swords drawn, so I opened mine to put the swords in their sheaths. I also removed most of the twist ties, as they really detracted from the overall appearance. After these changes, I am much happier with the piece's appearance. I am also considering swapping the some other cloaks onto Frodo and Sam, as no one should be wearing elvish cloaks of Lorien until after Gandalf's departure.

I hope they come out with a villains set in the fugure (9 ringwraiths or Saruman with 8 various orcs).

Tom

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-27-2002, 10:33 PM
eh, WM is okay for us collectors, but it depends on their location and whatnot. My wal-mart here in Troy hasn't had crap for months. Even when i lived in columbus and hit random stores when i was home for a few days, not a freakin' thing. Now, home on winter break, hit wal-mart and they had literally, shelves of TTT figures, with like 95% of all Gandalf!! Other WM's have had random TTT figures, but they're mostly gone now since the movie came out.

None of the wal-marts reall had FOTR figures until like this past aug, a bit late if you ask me, but my friend who hadn't been able to afford FOTR figures when they arrived that previous winter, picked them up, so it was good for those who missed it. :D

LTBasker
12-27-2002, 10:35 PM
A helms deep battle set would be sweet. It could have something like two Soldiers, two Elf archers and five Orcs.

BlahBlahBlah
12-28-2002, 09:03 AM
There is a TTT Gimli coming out in series 4, but it's not exactly new. It's just a single packed version of the two pack figure. They're doing the same to Boromir.

Jayspawn
12-28-2002, 11:21 AM
It's too bad theres a bunch of repaints coming out among some other new and awesome figures. I have the Gimli from the 2-pack, its a great figure!

jpak001
12-28-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by ThomasLane
[B]I hope they come out with a villains set in the fugure (9 ringwraiths or Saruman with 8 various orcs).[B]

Yeah!! I would love that! Or maybe even Sauron with some orcs! Or the Helms Deep battle set LTbasker was talking about!

There are so many cool toys they could make from TTT, here's some of the ones I really want to see:

Warg w/rider
Balrog (where's our Balrog????)
I'm forgetting his name, but the Elf that Elrond sent to help at Helms Deep
King Theodan Horse w/rider set (they could throw the Warg in with this asst)
New scuplts of Orcs & Uruk Hai

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-28-2002, 01:56 PM
The Balrog was originally intended to come out last year with the Fellowship line, but it was too expensive and stores feared it wouldn't sell. It has been taken back to the drawings boards to try to figure out how to keep it as awesome as it deserves, but make it somewhat fairly priced.

Halidir, the wood elf, is supposed to come out with TTT line i thought. Maybe he got pushed back again. :D

QLD
12-28-2002, 03:21 PM
For anyone intertested, AMazon.com has the Legolas TTT figure in stock. I needed one badly, and ordered it.

Just thought I'd let you know.

BlahBlahBlah
12-28-2002, 03:57 PM
Okay, for those who don't know, series 3 is set to come out in February. IIRC, it has:

Aragorn in Helm's Deep Armor
Galadriel
Frodo with Light-up sting
Prologue Elf
Twi-Light Ringwraith

And I think I'm forgetting one...

Series 4 is set to come out next July, and has:

Gollum
Sam in Mordor
Twi-light Frodo
Theoden in Armor
Gimli from 2-pack
Boromir from 2-pack

And series 5, set to come out in February (before series 4, somehow), is only army builders.

Beserker Uruk-Hai
Ugluk
Grish-nakh
Ringwraith from Horse and Rider Set
Moria Orc

And I think that's it... have I missed any?

kadamontaga
12-28-2002, 04:59 PM
From the 3 assortments listed above I'm only excited about Gollum, Prologue Elf, Twilight Wraith and Gimli.
I think that's a pretty poor line-up to be honest.

Can anyone figure out where Gollum will be articulated? Picture at: http://www.americandreamcomics.com/index.php?itemid=839&catid=16

And there are some pics of waves 3-4 at: http://www.americandreamcomics.com/index.php?itemid=776&catid=16

LTBasker
12-28-2002, 05:02 PM
From what I can tell just his head, looks like he could be bendy but it's doubtful.

Some cool looking figures there..

QLD
12-28-2002, 05:10 PM
I am excited about:

Aragorn
Galadriel
Prologue Elf
Twilight Ring Wraith
Frodo w/ lightup sting
Gollum
Twilight Frodo
Sam in Mordor
and Theoden in Armor.

kadamontaga
12-28-2002, 05:34 PM
I'd rather have him with zero articulation than made of that bendy crap.
I can't wait to have a go with the base though!

BlahBlahBlah
12-28-2002, 07:54 PM
Gollum WILL be bendy.

But I've heard rumors that he will be bendy in the same sense as the horse and riders, in that the joints are hidden under a soft skin-like cover.

And I realized I left Helm's Deep Legolas out of the series 4 list.

Leatherneck
12-29-2002, 10:16 AM
-Eomer
Bleh, he's somewhat bland. He has a slashing-snappy-waist action feature to keep the kids happy. A fantastic likeness to Karl Urban, and his Rohan sword is more detailed than the one that the Rohirrim or my boy Legolas come with. He's seriously lacking in articulation, though, as he doesn't have the rotation joints at the mid-biceps or at the mid-thighs/mid-calves. He's okay, though, and his armor is exquisite. If you have the Rohirrim (a great figure), why not get Eomer as well?
He gets a B

-Saruman the White (TTT)
I was lucky enough to pick up the new "whiter" version. He looks enough like Christopher Lee (the only toy of Lee I've seen that's had a better likeness, in fact, was the 12" Count Dooku.) He has a Palantir filled with the Eye of Sauron, although there are pupils on either side, but his magnetic hand can only hold it by the pupils. So instead of him looking into the Eye or having the Eye face outward, the Eye faces the side. He's ok, though, and if you have Gandalf, or Sauron, or hordes of Uruk-hai, then he's worth getting.
He gets a B+

-Gandalf the White
Mine was a little beige, actually. He looks very much like Ian McKellen. His staff-raising action works exceptionally well, (better than Saruman's) as if he's healing Theoden from the spell of the White Hand. His costume is well-designed, and Glamdring has an elaborate sheath, although it fits into it a little too snugly. His left arm is well-jointed, but other than that his articulation leaves much to be desired.
As a result of his lackluster articulation and him being beige rather than white, he gets an A-

-Elrond
He's among the better-articulated of the Fellowship figures and can hold his Elven blade with two hands. His upper body is realistic enough, but something about his legs just feels somehow "cartoony". His action feature is feeble as well. These are minor complaints though, and since he's only a Fellowship figure, he gets an A

-Easterling
The best army builder figure yet. He has the most articulation of the "nobodies" (besides the Berserker Uruk-hai) and exquisitely detailed armor. His helmet ornaments are really bendy, though. There's not much else to say about him. If you want some more sword- and arrow-fodder for your "Action Figure Wars," get this guy.
He gets an A+

-Gondorian Ranger
A little inferior to the Easterling, but still a good "nobody" figure. He has all the articulation of TTT figures except he's lacking the mid-thigh/mid-calf rotator. He actually has more mobile ankles than any other figure, though. If you have Faramir (and I do), then you might as well get this guy so Boromir's little brother can have some goons to command.
He gets an A-

-Pippin and Ugluk
I mainly got this for Ugluk. I now have 4 Uruks (Ugluk, bow-shooting Lurtz, the Berserker, and the one from the 2-pack with Gimli). Ugluk uses the basic body of the Gimli Uruk, however he's better in every way. He has very well-detailed leather armor, ball-jointed shoulders and hips, and his ankles have a little side-to-side motion. Pippin is okay, and better than the Fellowship version. I mainly collect the "warrior" characters of LOTR and don't have much use for the Hobbit...if nothing else, you can do what I did and use Pippin's little sword as Aragorn's Elvish hunting-knife. Pippin has a poor likeness, though.
Ugluk gets an A+, and Pippin gets an A

-Ringwraith and Horse
Awesome! I knew the horse could gallop, but didn't know that its lips sneered when the eyes lit up. The Ringwraith is dark and scary, and while I haven't discovered all his articulation, he is certainly nice. If you love LOTR at all, you have to get this.
The set gets an A+

-Aragorn and Brego
There's a number of reasons to get this one. You can give the horse to the Rohirrim or Eomer if you want. This is also the first decent Aragorn figure. Legolas and Aragorn are my two favorite characters in LOTR, and while all of Legolas's figures do him justice, he's one of the least important members of the cast. Aragorn is the title character of ROTK, and most of his figures have sucked. Strider from FOTR had a good likeness, but was hard to find, had a small head, and his sword was too short. The bow-shooting Aragorn had a hideous likeness. This Aragorn has a durable sword of proper length and a perfect likeness. He has Boromir's vambraces and his outer jacket(?) is cloth. It's worth getting for Aragorn alone. I'm not good at critiquing horse figures, but Brego is an even better "figure" than the Ringwraith's steed.
The set gets an A+

-Sauron
Yes, the Dark Lord himself! He has all the standard TTT articulation except for the mid-thigh/mid-calf rotators. His fierce mace can fit in either hand, and his fingers are easily removed yet do not fall off at the slightest touch either. I don't like the light-up eyes, but the voice is dead-on, loud and scary. Like the Ringwraith set, any LOTR fan should get this.
The Scourge of all the Lands gets an A+

-Legolas (TTT)
The laser-scanning system has triumphed again, creating a miniature plastic clone of Orlando Bloom! He has no action feature, and has as much articulation as Faramir (although Legolas's ball-jointed head has a wider arc of motion). He is well-sculpted, and has his Galadhrim bow, twin short swords/daggers, five arrows, and a Rohan sword. I like how there's a little space between each of his fingers, so it's possible for him to engage in sword play and also shoot his bow while holding an arrow between two fingers (like on all the archer figures). The only real problem is that his hands hold the daggers rather loosely. His bow also has a higher draw strength than any other, and as such it can't be drawn quite as far back. It does have a heck of a shooting range, though.
The figure gets an A+

-Elven Archer and Berserker Uruk-hai:
A superb likeness to Toy Biz's Jesse Falcon! Everyone complains of his loose helmet--and while it doesn't fit as snugly as, say, Gimli's, it's not like it falls right off his head the moment you put it on. If it bothers you, you could just glue it to his head. It's not like they took their helmets off anyway. His accessories are top-notch, with a gorgeous composite longbow, four arrows, and the sexy Elven Sword! His articulation is hit-and-miss. He has "only" 14 points (a bit short for a TTT figure). His neck is ball-jointed, great for sighting down the arrows. His legs have perfect articulation, but his only real problems are the arms. His only arm articulation is ball-jointed shoulders and at the elbows. He doesn't have joints at the wrists or mid-biceps. It's perfect for bow-shooting, and he can hold his blade in 2 hands but can't really fight with it. These are just minor complaints, though. He's a great figure, and if you give him a gold color scheme he's perfect as a Prologue Elf. The figure gets an A.
I've always imagined, if one were to classify orcs as primates, that Moria Orcs were like monkeys, Mordor Orcs like chimpanzees, and Uruk-hai like silverback gorillas. But the berserker is more akin to a very ugly and buff aerobic acrobat if nothing else. He has an astonishing 18 points of articulation (as many as my boy Faramir) and a cute slashing action feature. He has a huge, double-tipped sword kinda thing. Leave his mask on, as looking at his bare, hideous face gives you an urge to destroy him. His mask fits very snugly, though. I have no complaints about this guy.
The figure gets an A+ Overall on this 2-pack:
Probably the first thing people should go to if they're "army builders". Both figures are outstanding, and this is really the only 2-pack I know of where both figures were worth having. Get multiples of this pack, just for the heck of it. It's hard to find though, so take 'em wherever you can.
The 2-pack gets an A+

-Faramir
He has five arrows (most archer figures only have three or four) and a sword-slashing feature to keep the kiddies happy, which works. He has a wonderful rubber cape and brilliant articulation. Plus, a huge bow that's a half-inch larger than he is!
Boromir's little brother gets an A+

-Aragorn (TTT): A great figure, surprisingly. I heard a lot of people saying how much he sucks, but mine is great. His arrow-shooting gimmick works, his sword is solid (not rubbery like everyone claims theirs are), he has plenty of accessories, can hold Anduril in both hands....etc. A pleasant surprise. Likeness isn't perfect, but I don't mind. He gets a B

-Rohirrim Soldier (TTT): One of the greatest things I've ever had! He's soooooo good! Very poseable, a lot of accessories (like a freakin' huge spear) and good play value. He has no action feature, and that's really not a bad thing. He gets an A+

-Strider (FOTR): Supposedly very hard to find, so I was lucky to get my hands on one. His sword is a lot shorter than Aragorn's (even though they're supposed to be the same), likeness is good. His slashing action is funky but at least it works....and he has a torch for fighting those pesky Ringwraiths, plus a Ranger cloak. Not bad. He gets an A

-Orc Warrior (FOTR): Again, I was lucky to find him. He has a lot of articulation, and can be posed to fight with his axe or shooting his bow (although he can't hold arrows). Get multiples of this little goblin. He's a foul pest! He gets an A

-Gimli and Uruk-hai 2-pack (FOTR): A wonderful 2-pack. This has the best of all the Gimli figures...he can carry three axes on his person. His axe-throwing action is brilliant, and he can carry the larger ones two-handed. The Uruk is ok. He has the uruk shield and sword, and a slashing feature that Toy Biz has used since their first X-men lines ten years ago! I just wish he had a helmet or armor. Gimli gets an A+, and the Uruk gets a B

-Boromir and Lurtz 2-pack (FOTR): Merely okay. The Boromir is absolutely horrible--looks nothing like Sean Bean, has a sword you could tie your shoes with, and can barely hold his shield. Never mind that his gimmick barely works and that his left arm is permanently jutting out to the side as if he's shooting a bow. Lurtz, on the other hand, is wonderful, and it's worth buying the pack just for him. A fabulous paint job and the best arrow-shooting action of all the figures so far. He's great, and really mean! Boromir gets a C, and Lurtz gets an A

QLD
12-29-2002, 01:19 PM
Hey look, Deadeye's back again.

Pendo
12-29-2002, 04:45 PM
I seriously doubt it is DeadEye, he has an IP ban, remember :rolleyes:.

PENDO!

QLD
12-29-2002, 07:03 PM
Well, considering that he just posted this exact same figure review on Lord of the Rings Guide, word for word, I am pretty sure it is. That, and other things he has already said.

Leatherneck
12-29-2002, 07:59 PM
You're on Lord of the Rings guide? What a coink-i-dink, so am I. :)

Darth Trymybestus
12-29-2002, 08:20 PM
even if it is DeadEye, doesn't he deserve another chance? these forums are cool :)

As far as the Lord of the Rings figures, they look darn cool and the sculpts look good.. I don't think they're as good as the SAGA Star Wars figures though.
I bet the Saruman figure is very cool :)
They're more like Statues aren't they? or does the cool packaging give that illusion?

Leatherneck
12-29-2002, 08:55 PM
It's the cool packaging. All of the TTT figures have 16-18 points of articulation! :D

Darth Trymybestus
12-29-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Leatherneck
It's the cool packaging. All of the TTT figures have 16-18 points of articulation! :D

wow and no gimmicks??? :crazed:
Man, I wish all the star wars figures were in cool boxes... not just every 300th figure :(

BlahBlahBlah
12-29-2002, 09:05 PM
Well, there are gimicks, but in most cases they don't harm the figure.

Unlike some saga figures...

When I find Sauron and Eomer, I can officially die a happy man.

QLD
12-29-2002, 09:21 PM
I haven't found Sauron, but I have found several Eomer.

Leatherneck
12-29-2002, 09:31 PM
Sauron is hard to find, but well worth the hunt. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-30-2002, 12:26 AM
really?!?? I got mine nearly a month ago at a TRU in dayton. They had plenty of him! HH! :D

Prince Xizor
12-30-2002, 12:34 PM
I got my Sauron for Christmas, and the giver had to mail-order it from Amazon.com. But God, is it worth it. He is an incrediable figure.

Yeah, and the Lord Of The Rings line totally blows away the Saga line. So much that I am at the point where I go to the Two Towers section in TRU before I go to Star Wars.

QLD
12-30-2002, 01:14 PM
I feel the same way Xizor.

I actually passed on SW figures I didn't have the other day, so I could buy some LOTR figures.

I am going to find Sauron eventually. But right now I am in love with the Ring Wraith Rider. That figure is AWESOME! I am going to HAVE to get 8 more of those!

Leatherneck
12-30-2002, 01:26 PM
QLD who are you on LOTRGuide? I'm Uruk-hai, a well-received member. :)

QLD
12-30-2002, 01:46 PM
I am Elrond. A fairly new member there.

robman71
12-30-2002, 03:26 PM
Well, after a lot of driving around this weekend, I managed to find an Easterling, Faramir, and The Elven Archer-Urak-hai Berserker two pack at a way out of the way Target. I am still only finding Gandalf and the Horse Packs at my local haunts. It still appears that Wally World is not selling TTT figures, (in fact I have only seen a very badly beat up Cave Troll at Wally World.) No sightings of Sauron. This leads me to believe that after the movie and before Christmas (when most of the shelves at my local stores were overflowing with new figs.) There was a massive run on TTT figures. Anyone else notice this as well?

Pendo
12-30-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Leatherneck
QLD who are you on LOTRGuide? I'm Uruk-hai, a well-received member. :)

You're Uruk-hai?!?!??

Ohhhhhh...

Right...

:)

Sorry, thought you were someone else then for a minute :rolleyes:

PENDO!

ConvergeDW
12-30-2002, 04:38 PM
Yeah, the massive run happened last year, right after FOTR came out as well.

kool-aid killer
12-30-2002, 09:28 PM
Hi everybody, this is my first time posting so please forgive me for any errors i may commit. I recently started to collect lotr toys and missed out on the boromir vs lurtz two pack. If any of you guys happen to have one in any of your area stores would you be able to pick me one up? I could reimburse you or trade you for it with a few star wars accessory packs (my targets are full of them) I know this should probably go into the buy/sell or trade threads but if any of you could help i would be really grateful.

Jayspawn
12-30-2002, 11:37 PM
Welcome to the forums kool-aid killer! You posted in the right section. As this one is about Lord of the Rings figures.

Anyways, if you're looking for the Lurtz/Boromir 2-pack check out KB Toys. Thehave been getting them in as of late for the great price of $7.99! Otherwise, just wait. ToyBiz plans (as of now) on reissuing them in the next few months as single Two Towers figures.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-31-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
ToyBiz plans (as of now) on reissuing them in the next few months as single Two Towers figures.

Yeah, what a dumb plan this is!!! Give us new characters!!! Give us Eowyn, give us more Ents, give us more people, not rehashes!!! I just hope that Toybiz doesn't take the rehash line like Hasbleh has so many times. :D

kool-aid killer
12-31-2002, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the info Jayspawn. My local KBs only have Gimli and the orc overseer so hopefully Toybiz will rerelease them later.

InsaneJediGirl
12-31-2002, 09:19 AM
I agree Jedi_Master_Guyute,whats wrong with the two pack we have now?:rolleyes: Anyways,Hoping to find Sauron this week as the trucks come in,but I think I'll end up buying it online.

I'm new to LOTR Toy collecting,so are there any more Ents coming out?I'd love to have that willow tree looking Ent:D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-31-2002, 10:41 AM
Eh, as far as i know, and i'm not too quick, no more Ents as far as right now. I would want that Ent that had that huge nose and those sad brown eyes, his face was kinda distorted. he was so adorable!! :D

LTBasker
12-31-2002, 05:54 PM
I really hope they do make more Ents as well, probably won't be able to afford them but they'd be cool to see. I'd really like'em to release an Orc tower with one for them to be able to knock over. :D

Prince Xizor
12-31-2002, 06:17 PM
No! No More Ents! I can't afford them! I am still scrouging up money to get Treebeard.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-01-2003, 11:07 AM
Eh, or if you want to have more Ents, you can just gather up broken sticks and twigs from outside and glue them together!!! Get some construction paper, draw a face on it, cut it out (get your parents permission to use the scissors, young ones!) and booya, you got yourself a home made Ent!!!

Granted, it won't talk, nor probably move, but you're saving 30 bucks and you're using the power of your imagination!! :D

OzOtter
01-01-2003, 05:36 PM
Anyone know if there are any plans to release a Rohirrim horseman, actually on a horse?!! Seems like a no brainer to me, seeing as we've had four horse/rider sets so far. I'd also like to see a warg and rider!

BlahBlahBlah
01-01-2003, 08:22 PM
I would like to see a lot more horse and rider sets, like:

Legolas & Gimli on horse (Hasufel? Arod?)
Theoden on Snowmane
Rohirrim Soldier on Horse
Eomer on Horse

And to a different extent:

Warg and Rider
And maybe like a deluxe Witch King on Fell Beast

OzOtter
01-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Oh yes... a fell beast would rock!

And a Gwaihir/Gandalf deluxe!

robman71
01-03-2003, 01:28 PM
I finally found Sauron at TRU, it seems that figs. are starting to show up at stores again. If you see this figure get it. It rocks!:)

QLD
01-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I hope I find a Sauron eventually. However I did just get my Legolas from Amazon, and it rules!

Prince Xizor
01-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Does anybody know when the next wave of figures is supposed to show up? All I can find now is Gandalf the White and Eomer.

Prince Xizor
01-03-2003, 03:44 PM
It's official! The new Gollum figure from Toy Biz that will be released in the 4th wave is going to be a bendy figure, not a hidden-joint figure like the Horse riders. I just hope its a well done bendy figure somewhat like the fingers on the Marvel Legends Thing.

http://www.americandreamcomics.com/index.php?itemid=883

OzOtter
01-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Cool! I didn't want him standing up like he is in the pictures. I want some FotR hunching going on! And so long as it is decent, a bendy figure should be able to do just that.

derek
01-03-2003, 06:05 PM
i just got sauron, after passing on him about a month ago. i didn't pass because he isn't kewl though. actualy he's awesome!!! possibly one of the best figures made, equal with toy-biz's marvel legends.

and the voice, man is it ever loud. usually, electronic figures are pretty lame, but not sauron.

i'm disapointed borimer is being re-released. i'm no fan of resculpts, but this character needs to be re-done. i don't like the horn blowing gimmick and the articulation on him stinks.

i really wish merry and pippin weren't in the twin packs, because i really don't want to have to buy them again.:)

toy biz rules the 6 inch market. these are so cool. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Rock the Casbah!!!!

Gollum gonna be a bendy fig!!! Woohooo!!! These figures rock...and my friends wonder why i check the LOTR figures first before i hit the SW figures. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-03-2003, 08:25 PM
Xizor, I found this in an early post about the release dates of figures, hope this helps, cause it's what i'm going on!! :D

Aragorn in Helm's Deep Armor
Galadriel
Frodo with Light-up sting
Prologue Elf
Twi-Light Ringwraith
Legolas Helms Deep

Series 4 is set to come out next July, and has:

Gollum
Sam in Mordor
Twi-light Frodo
Theoden in Armor
Gimli from 2-pack
Boromir from 2-pack

And series 5, set to come out in February

Beserker Uruk-Hai
Ugluk
Grish-nakh
Ringwraith from Horse and Rider Set
Moria Orc

Darth Sidious
01-04-2003, 01:18 PM
I saw Sauron at TRU today (But didn't purchase it)...I know I am collecting SW stuff but the LOTRs figures are terribly, terribly tempting...Especially the Twilight Ringwraith...

figrin bran
01-04-2003, 08:06 PM
i just got the Ringwraith/Horse set today. very, very nice! though i was wondering how the single packaged aragorn compares with the one from the horse rider set?

kool-aid killer
01-09-2003, 11:33 AM
The single Aragorn looks like hes homeless. My brother gave him to me and he looks real scurvy and hes got an ugly facial expression on his face. With a face like that he would fit right in with the Cash Money Millionaires cause they made them same ugly faces (for those not familiar with the CMM just picture some rappers looking as if they just smelled something funky) on their wack cd covers. So in short i do think that the Aragorn w/horse would be better. Hey does anybody else notice that some LOTR figures are pigeon -toed sometimes? My rohirrim soldier looks like he has to take a leak.

Jayspawn
01-09-2003, 11:37 AM
I'm holding out for the Helm's Deep Aragorn. He looks better that the previous figures.

This next year is gonna be a good one for LOTR figures.

jjreason
01-09-2003, 04:59 PM
The face of Aragorn sadly doesn't fit in. I nearly got caught up in this when the first wave of TTT hit my store - I had Legolas, Easterling and Gondorian Ranger ready to go, but the Aragorn didn't fit in well enough so I dumped them all. Regretfully, they were all gone when next I went to look. I think I will wind up with Legolas for sure, and the Easterling, and Saruman the White, and....well you get the picture. Now all they have to do is get them back in stock.

QLD
01-09-2003, 05:05 PM
Yeah, the only figure I am disappointed in so far is Aragorn. Legolasis excellent!

Is the FORT Strider figure better than the TTT Aragorn?

Jayspawn
01-09-2003, 05:13 PM
It's not really that better. It has a sword swinging feature which is not really good. And you can't really pose him either. The likeness is a little better though.

jjreason
01-09-2003, 09:49 PM
I compared the two and believed the head to be the same (if we're talking the single figures). My store had the old stuff on a 4.97CDN a figure, I should have scooped it all. The only change I could see on the face of Aragorn was a slight refinement to the paint application around his beard. The face just isn't right, and it's too important a character not to get right. I hope they fix it next go round.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-09-2003, 10:53 PM
I think between that characters figures, the Strider figure tops them all. He just looks alot better and has a better gimmick with the sword and he has that sweet torch! Just my .02. :D

Darth Sidious
01-10-2003, 04:11 PM
I'm going to TRU tomorrow, and planning on getting my first, and definitely not last LOTRs figure. Between Treebeard and Sauron, who would you recommend? Just wondering what some of your personal opinions are. :) They had a surplus of both the last time I went, about a week ago.

QLD
01-10-2003, 04:22 PM
I still can't find Sauron at all.

Darth Cruel
01-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Get Sauron first, but only because he will be gone soon.

As far as the most satisfying figures go, get TTT Legolas and the Easterling. They are the best of all of the figures followed very closely by the Gondorian Ranger and the Rohirrian Soldier.

I would like to know why Toybiz felt it necessary to add the -ian suffix to the names of those figures. Completely unnecessary and actually an incorrect use of English.

QLD
01-10-2003, 07:03 PM
I always thought the Rohirrian soldier name looked weird whenever I saw it.

Darth Sidious
01-10-2003, 07:08 PM
Haha, I never payed much attention to that, but you are right. It's like saying "Bespinian guards" or something. Completely unnecessary. Thanks for the advice, I was sort of leaning towards Sauron anyway. Also, he is a bit less painful financially.

jpak001
01-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Yeah, Sauron is the shiznit! You should get him 1st like DarthCruel said. But I gotta say the Treebeard is just as awesome as Sauron. Looks really cool when you pose him with Merry & Pippin sitting on top of him. He's a definite must-buy as well.

I think the best regular figures are the ones DarthCruel mentioned as well, plus the Elvin Archer & Berserker Uruk Hai 2 pack. Those are two sweet figures, especially the Berserker Uruk-Hai.

figrin bran
01-11-2003, 12:40 AM
thanks everyone for their input on all the aragorn/strider figures. i wish i didn't pass up sauron the first time i saw it b/c i haven't been able to find one again.

Darth Sidious
01-11-2003, 12:34 PM
I went to TRU today and got the last Sauron figure! And damn, it is cool! It is 10 times as good as anything Hasbro could ever dream of doing. The detail, articulation, mace, etc. is incredible. His voice is really loud, too! It's not that loud in the package, but when I took it out and tried it it actually hurt my ears! I'll probably get Treebeard next week, there were plenty of those. I highly recommend this figure to...well...everyone. :)

Stikman
01-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Don't forget the extra rings!!!

Sauron comes with extra rings inside the box. A lot of people don't see them and toss them with the package.

Darth Sidious
01-11-2003, 01:36 PM
I didn't. :) They are secret! They are safe! :D

jpak001
01-11-2003, 05:57 PM
Right on Sidious, I dig the new avatar! Is that the Sauron U just scored?

Darth Sidious
01-11-2003, 06:18 PM
Yes, that's him. His eyes are glowing but it's really impossible to see in that pic. I'll probably get a better avatar of him soon. His voice is so loud it scares my cat, it's great. :evil: :D Man! I just can't get over how much better these are than the Saga figures!

EDIT: Here is the new avatar, I liked the silhouette effect...I wish his eyes were glowing in that pic though...Oh well. By the way, could someone post a pic of the Strider figure (With torch (And sword, preferably))? I've never seen it. Thanks. :)

Jayspawn
01-12-2003, 12:01 AM
Just a heads up, for those who do not yet have one. My Target just got some Treebeard figures in at $24.99. I believe thats the best price anywhere so far.

Darth Sidious
01-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Cool! Thanks for the info Jayspawn, I'll be sure to check it out next week. I'm after King Theodin or an Easterling, and there were a lot of them at Target. But if Treebeard is that cheap I'll get him. Oh, by the way, I found a pic of strider, nobody has to look anymore. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-12-2003, 03:08 PM
24.99?!?!! Ah, curses!!! Mine cost 32 bucks (including tax) at TRU!! ah!! Oh well!! :D

Jayspawn
01-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Here's some news. I went into Wal-Mart last night and found a new Frodo figure on the pegs. it was a single figure in the Two Towers packaging. Afet examining it, I discovered it wasn't a new figure at all, but the same Frodo from the Fellowship Sam and Frodo 2-Pack. The picture on the back of the figure is an edited picture of the Sam and Frodo figures with the boat.

What a drag too. I thought it was new. I passed on it because I'm waiting for the upcoming Frodo w/ light-up Sting sword.

BlahBlahBlah
01-13-2003, 03:10 PM
Yeah, the Frodo from Wave III is aparently just the two-pack FOTR Frodo.

Frodo w/Light up sting will come out in another wave, I guess.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Wait wait, i thought the new Frodo has light up sting and the "twilight frodo" is just a clear frodo with regular sword? :confused:

Prince Xizor
01-13-2003, 04:26 PM
There is another new Frodo out!?! When did this happen? I thought the only other new one to come out was the Light up Sting Frodo?

What other figures did this mystery Frodo have pictured on the back?

Jayspawn
01-14-2003, 12:16 AM
Its nothing to get excited about. Its just the FOTR Sam and Frodo 2-Pack Frodo packaged by himself. I don't the figure is all that good anyway.

I'm holding out for the Frodo w/ light-up Sting.

QLD
01-14-2003, 12:33 AM
Man, I went to my Wal-Mart tonight, and 0 LOTR figs. Ugh.

I also thought the new Frodo was the light up Sting Frodo. I already have the 2-pack, so I'll pass on it I guess.

On a side note, if anyone finds an extra Sauron, Elrond, or Bilbo, I'll be THRILLED to take it off your hands! ;)

Jayspawn
01-14-2003, 12:38 AM
It seems that Wal-Marts have been a little slow on LOTR figures. Most of my Wal-Marts don't have any except the one had Frodo, Easterling, Gondorian Ranger and Faramir. I bet more will be showing up.

Prince Xizor
01-14-2003, 01:11 AM
Weird about that Frodo...

Yeah, I was at one of my Walmarts today, and they are redoing the toy section for the new year. And guess what? There are peg spaces for LOTR Figures! But that's not the best news. The best news is the price. $4.00. Yes, the stickers on the pegs said 4 bucks. Awesome, I can't wait.

Jayspawn
01-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Hmm. That is interesting. We'll just see how that turns out.

Darth Cruel
01-14-2003, 01:20 PM
I looked at the back of this frodo figure and it just has the pic of him from the baot two-pack and the pics of all the other single carded figures released so far (the first two waves).

And this is not any of the Frodos listed for release. Seems to be some kind of impromptu release. Maybe to test the waters for clearing out the unsold two-packs from FOTR.

ALL LOTR figures are flying off the shelves here.

kadamontaga
01-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Haldir (the elf who fights at Helms Deep) will be released in a Helms Deep 5-pack!!!
See http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6513&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Prince Xizor
01-15-2003, 12:17 AM
Well that ****es me off. I have wanted a Haldir figure since I saw the movie, and now I get one but in a damn 5 pack with 4 figures I already have!! Grr... I don't need to buy another crappy Aragorn, and that Gimili doesn't look to hot either. Of Course that Legolas figure is the best in the line but I still don't want two of them. And I think that Theoden is the one with the armor that they are going to release single anyway. Damn. Anyone care to buy a Legolas, Gimili, and Aragorn out of the package?

jpak001
01-15-2003, 09:20 AM
That really does kinda suck.... I will buy this for the Haldir figure, but like Xizor said, we don't need doubles of all the other figs....

Well at least I know I don't need to get the single pack armored Theoden now. So I'll actually be getting 2 new figures with ths 5 pack. Would have really been cool if they made this like an all army builder pack (just human, elf, & uruk-hai), and released the Haldir on a single blister.

Us collectors are hard to please, eh?

QLD
01-15-2003, 09:38 AM
Watch, 6 months after we all get the 6 pack, they will release it on a single card like they are doing some of the 2-pack figures now.

jpak001
01-15-2003, 10:16 AM
LOL! That's probably what they'll do........

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-15-2003, 12:44 PM
Eh, i'll take what i can get. I'd be willing to wait cause most likely they'll release it in single packs like QLD said. Cursed Toybiz...the only way i can forgive them is due to the fact they make great LOTR figures! :D

Jayspawn
01-15-2003, 05:03 PM
I'll probably end up getting the set anyways. My brother and I are both into LOTR and I'll probably split the figures up with him. But I'm getting Haldier!

Prince Xizor
01-15-2003, 11:00 PM
Hey, Jayspawn thats a good idea! My brother collects action figures and I don't think he has a Legolas...

Jayspawn
01-16-2003, 11:40 AM
Thank you Xizor.

I finally picked up Sauron at TRU yesterday. And he is very cool as other owners have said.

kool-aid killer
01-17-2003, 11:45 AM
Did anyone of you who collects LOTR figures ever get the exclusive limited to 5,000 Uruk-hai? If you did, could you tell me if its the same as the one that came with gimli in the two pack? Did they use the same body but different heads? Any info would be helpful.

jpak001
01-17-2003, 03:23 PM
Kool-aid killer,
Are you talikng about the mail-in offer from Burger King ? If so, I got one. Here's the details:

It's the Lurtz body (from the 2pack), and a totally different head. The only accessory included is the helmet (which is very cool).

With the helmet on, it's an awesome figure. Without the helmet, it's nothing special (not worth current scalper prices, that's for sure). I actually bought a lurtz/borimir 2pack on clearance just so I could give him some weapons!

BTW: anyone know if there are any mail-in's planned for this year?

Darth Sidious
01-17-2003, 06:10 PM
I'm going on a hunt tomorrow, I'll tell you what I find. I'm looking towards Treebeard, Ringwraith w/ Horse, King Theodin, or anything I can find on discount.

CrunchyNug
01-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Check out my army of Uruk-Hai marching along. I managed to get several of the mail-aways plus a few from the Gimli two-pack. Enjoy...

jpak001
01-17-2003, 09:05 PM
Sweet! That's a nice diorama you got there. Very cool indeed!
I count 7 mail aways, you scored big time!

BlahBlahBlah
01-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Series III has been found in Singapore!

Check it out: http://www.lordoftheringsguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1676

Jayspawn
01-18-2003, 09:38 AM
Thats a very cool set up CrunchyNug. I sent out for the mail-away Urk-Hai but ToyBoz sent me a Lurtz (from the 2-pack) on account that all the mail-away Hais were gone.

I would have liked to get that mail-away Hai though.

Darth Sidious
01-18-2003, 10:44 AM
I got Treebeard and Saruman today, and they are freaking awesome. Treebeard is just amazing, I love the detail. They are both well worth it. Saruman smells so good!

Prince Xizor
01-18-2003, 12:16 PM
WOW, check out those pics from the link that BlahBlahBlah posted. That Elf is going to give Legolas a run for its money as the best figure in the line. It looks amazing. And the Twilight Ringwraith is just as impressive.

Helm's Deep Aragorn looks just O.K. but I think I will end up getting him, as he comes with his knife that the Elves give him. I won't be getting Frodo though, that damn sword is permentently stuck to his hand. Galadriel I might get though, its looks decent.

Overall, I can't wait to see this line in stores.

jpak001
01-18-2003, 03:09 PM
Just saw those pics from BlahBlahBlah's post too.... HOLY SH*T

Oh yeah, I'll be getting ALL of those figures, no question about that! :crazed:

BlahBlahBlah
01-18-2003, 05:32 PM
I like them all, except Frodo.... Sting being attached to the arm ruins the whole thing for me.

I'm actually glad they re-packaged the two-pack Frodo, because that's the one I'll be getting now.

kool-aid killer
01-19-2003, 12:29 PM
Crunchynug, thats an awesome diorama. Those pictures from BlahBlahBlah's post are sweet too. I cant wait to see them around.

Teeska Mon Eebon
01-19-2003, 10:25 PM
I just recently decided to collect them and have a grand tottal of....................2! I accually am starting to perfer these to SW, 1 because it's only 1$ more for a more detailed and larger figure of a series I love, 2 our walmarts and targets stock them 10 times better!

QLD
01-20-2003, 11:40 AM
I am in the same boat Teeska.

I just started buying them last month, and haven't bought a SW figure since.

Jayspawn
01-20-2003, 11:50 AM
Star Wars is my 1st loyalty. Lord of the Rings is 2nd.

Darth Sidious
01-20-2003, 06:53 PM
I got Pippin and Ugluk today, and I like them a lot (As I do with all of the LOTR figures). I actually can't think of one LOTR figure that I have that I don't like. I plan on getting Ephant Mon, but I really can't think of many other SWAFs that I want for now...

Prince Xizor
01-20-2003, 08:56 PM
Same for me too. Lord Of The Rings figures just totally blow away Star Wars. I would pick a LOTR figure over Star Wars right now. Hell, I would pick Star Trek, Marvel, and TMNT over Star Wars right now.

jpak001
01-21-2003, 09:04 AM
Yup, Toybiz is revolutionizing action figure standards w/LOTR & Marvel Legends. It's probably gonna get better from here, because other toy companies will start copying after they see toybiz' success.

The only LOTR figure dissapointments have been Aragorn (which has been discussed here plenty of times) and Eomer = Nice detail, armor, etc... But he's way too short & has a small body with that huge helmet. Plus he's stuck with that "eternal yell" face sculpt. I still bought them though :D

Darth Sidious
01-21-2003, 11:01 AM
Out of curiosity...errr...well, greed, is Gandalf the White still shipping? I'd love to get him since I have Saruman.

Jayspawn
01-21-2003, 12:44 PM
Yes, Gandalf the White is still shipping. There's TONS of him and Gondorian Ranger at all of my Target stores.

Darth Sidious
01-21-2003, 01:15 PM
Ok, cool. :) Now I just have to find him...Thanks for the help.

Prince Xizor
01-21-2003, 01:21 PM
Gandalf is a big time peg warmer here, or maybe they over-produced him.

robman71
01-21-2003, 02:08 PM
Gandalf may not have been overproduced, but he was certainly overpacked, I think there were at least 5 per case in the assortment.

Anakin2121
01-21-2003, 03:14 PM
Eomer on his own is a lackluster figure; however, he can ride any of the horse figures very well! Too bad the Rohirrim can't.

I hope we get a repainted Gandalf the White, like we did for Saruman.

jpak001
01-21-2003, 04:00 PM
Cool, if I ever find any horse sets on clearance I'll get one for Eomer. Thanks Anakin2121!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-21-2003, 04:25 PM
I just can't wait for the next wave of figures. Legolas and Twilight Ringwraith make me drool every time i even think of them. i'd chat about them more, but drool has dribbled on my keyboard and i need to wipe it down! :crazed:

Anakin2121
01-21-2003, 04:35 PM
Well, the Twilight Ringwraith is in Series 3 (Feb) while the newest Legolas is Series 4 (July). The new Legolas actually offers very little that the original doesn't. He has a different facial expression, and his cloak is billowing backwards, not forwards. He also has the Uruk-hai shield with wheels (although it didn't have wheels in the movie), but other than that he's nothing new. What's also funny is that they call him "Helm's Deep Legolas" but the TTT Series 1 Legolas is in the same costume. :rolleyes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Anakin2121- I like the idea of having a legolas that could slide around my room. As for the Uruk-Hai shield not having wheels, yeah, cause it slid down the stairs. The fine people at Toy Biz are just trying to use the shield w/ wheels to recreate this scene. If you don't like it, don't buy it then! :D

Anakin2121
01-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Oh, I'd surely buy it, being a huge Legolas fan. I'm just saying that people looking for an HD Legolas, expecting a vastly different figure from the other TTT Legolas will be disappointed. :)

jpak001
01-21-2003, 08:31 PM
From the pictures I've seen, I think the Legolas that's out now is the better one (it will be hard for Toybiz to top that figure). That opinion could change when I actually get the "Helms Deep Legolas" though :D

Prince Xizor
01-21-2003, 10:04 PM
I am gonna wait too see what everyone here thinks about their HD Legolas before making a purchase. As of right now, I don't see that much of a differance to warrent a purchase, especially considering I might already have a second Legolas coming when I purchase the Helms Deep set just to get that one damn elf.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-22-2003, 01:18 PM
Sauron is available @etoys for i believe 17.99 for those of you who still need him. He'll prolly sell out quickly but as of now, 2:19 pm est, he's available. Cheers!! :D

http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html?PID=2142119&ctid=17

QLD
01-22-2003, 04:05 PM
Thanks JMG!!!!!!

I have been looking for one forever!!! I just ordered one!

Sweet!

ConvergeDW
01-22-2003, 06:49 PM
I haven't posted here in a bit, but I found Wave 5 Figs today at KB

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-22-2003, 06:54 PM
no prob, QLD! I always try to do my part and give back to the collecting community. :D

I go there every morning to check their LOTR stock. They get new stuff pretty much every few days. When the first waves hit and i was at school and no ability to hunt, i picked up pretty much every figure but 5 from them. They ship it pretty well and there is just one huge sticker per figure, which is very easy to take off and has no pieces sticking to it. Enjoy! :crazed:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-22-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by ConvergeDW
I haven't posted here in a bit, but I found Wave 5 Figs today at KB

Wave 5? wow, that seems early. The army builder orcs and raiths and stuff? hella sweet!!! thanks for the info!! :D

Anakin2121
01-22-2003, 07:19 PM
You found them? That's awesome! The only figure from Wave 5 I'll be getting is the Moria Orc, though...I mean, who wants an army of Grishnakhs?

Teeska Mon Eebon
01-22-2003, 08:17 PM
Question

I was reading back and there were multiple posts about 4 rings coming with Sauron.... Are they real rings or little plastic ones for the figure?

(and woops I think I forgot.. was it Sauron or Sarumon?)

Anakin2121
01-22-2003, 08:32 PM
Saruman is the evil wizard played by Christopher Lee.

Sauron is the Dark Lord. He's the Lord of the Rings, or, for the unread, :p, the huge knight in the prologue. :D And yes, his figure does have 4 spare Rings to put on the figure's finger.

Jayspawn
01-22-2003, 11:46 PM
Well said Anakin2121. And the rings that come with Sauron are metal.

Jayspawn
01-22-2003, 11:51 PM
Not very exciting news at all, but ToyBiz is repacking Merry and Pippin in a pack together coming out in the next few waves. It's the same figures from the 'Fellowship' 3-pack but with elvyn cloaks. They'll be in the same package as the other "Two Towers" figures. For those who dont' have them yet- good chance to pick them up.

jjreason
01-23-2003, 01:00 AM
Man we're behind. I just got a Saruman today (one to keep for MYSELF THIS TIME!!!! -sorry, no one here took the other one) and that was hot off the press. We've only seen waves 1 and 2 so far. I hope they keep em coming as they keep selling out pretty quick.

jpak001
01-23-2003, 12:00 PM
Here's something I've never seen before: A LOTR 3 pack. If I was a "in the package" collector I would probably want this, it's kinda neat looking (if your into package variations).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3108977366&category=748

kadamontaga
01-23-2003, 12:15 PM
In the UK, Woolworths exclusive 3-packs are really pegwarming. As far as I know they've only released one and it contains Gandalf the Grey, Sam and the Orc Overseer (I might be wrong about that last one).
I think it retails for about £15. Which is about $24 US.

BlahBlahBlah
01-23-2003, 12:55 PM
If that auction wasn't up to 110 dollars, I'd buy it.

I don't have the original Wraith, or a Frodo.

Teeska Mon Eebon
01-23-2003, 05:59 PM
Cool
I have read the books but I was just kinda browsing and by the time I got to post (Sauron and sarumon do look alike ya'know) I had forgot... but anyways I saw the pic of the figure and all I have to say is WOW! Can't wait to get it. Looks about as big as Treebeard!

Anakin2121
01-23-2003, 06:08 PM
Actually, while both are large figures, Sauron is ten inches tall while Treebeard is closer to two feet. :)

Teeska Mon Eebon
01-23-2003, 06:21 PM
I have thought about making a large diorama with treebeard, Sauron, and the cave troll... how big is the cave troll? I have to get that one via internet bacause all the ones here have the faces ripped off:(

Anakin2121
01-23-2003, 08:15 PM
The cave troll is much larger than Sauron, probably about the size of Treebeard (1.5 - 2 feet) and broader than the Ent as well. :)

Prince Xizor
01-23-2003, 09:37 PM
Just found Sauron in a store for the first time. I already got him as a present, but that was the first time I found him myself. Quite an exciting moment...

And does anybody know anything more about that Helms Deep 5pk. Such as when it comes out, price, and if it is an exclusive?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-23-2003, 09:48 PM
Xizor- according to the article posted, it'll be available in the UK in Mar/April, so i dunno about when it'll hit the states. Might wanna contact Toy biz? :D

Jayspawn
01-23-2003, 11:45 PM
The Helm's Deep 5-pack with Haldier will be available through an internet site for around $30. Not a bad price. I'll post the site or link soon.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-23-2003, 11:51 PM
JS- Thank you!!! I'll have to pick that up!! :crazed:

QLD
01-24-2003, 12:02 AM
Hopefully my Sauron will arrive soon. Unfortunately etoys shipping appears to be slow, according to their estimates anyway.

Jayspawn
01-24-2003, 12:09 AM
Here's the scoop on the 5-pack. It's going to be available through forbiddenplanetstore.com (http://forbiddenplanetstore.com) for $30. It's supposed to be available March/April 2003. So it's not too far off.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-24-2003, 06:00 PM
Etoys had Faramir very briefly today and now he seems to be gone. It might be my imagination, but i think they kicked Sauron up to 19.99 from the original 17.99. Hope everybody who needed one got one! :D

Darth Sidious
01-25-2003, 01:04 PM
I went to Wal-Mart and got Legolas (Rohan armor). He is too awesome for words. That bow is bloody powerful! They also had plenty of Gandalf the Whites, Faramirs, Gondorian Rangers, and Easterlings. Every time I get one of these I lose more respect for Hasbro... Just imagine how much money they must be losing...

Prince Xizor
01-25-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
Every time I get one of these I lose more respect for Hasbro...

Could not have said it better myself. Star Wars toys, by comparison, suck the big one. If I had to pick one line to collect right now, it would be Lord Of The Rings (or maybe Marvel Legends, but either way it's not Hasbro.) Although I am excited about the new Anakin and Padme, I am a hundred times more excited for the Prologe Elf, Twilight Ringwraith, and the one toy I want the most, Gollum.

Darth Sidious
01-25-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
Although I am excited about the new Anakin and Padme, I am a hundred times more excited for the Prologe Elf

Here here! I second that. :) Anakin, Padme, and Boba Fett catch my attention, but the Prologue Elf just makes me want to pee my pants. (Not literally, don't worry.) :D

Oh, by the way, nice sig Prince Xizor. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-25-2003, 04:20 PM
I'm just jealous you scored a Legolas!!! I picked one up to keep MOC and now i've been looking for one to open. I haven't seen one in like a month!! :D

Darth Sidious
01-25-2003, 04:29 PM
Ah, that sucks. Well, good luck in finding one, I'm sure he'll show up someday. :)

ConvergeDW
01-25-2003, 05:02 PM
Ohhhh Yeah!!!

New Figures !!!!
New Pics!!!!!

www.thegd.com

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-25-2003, 05:33 PM
Those pics are awesome!!!! That Eowyn figure looks very good. The redone Boromir looks nifty too. Thanks!! :D

jpak001
01-25-2003, 08:57 PM
Sweeeet! A Eowyn & prologue Bilbo. Very cool!!!

Jayspawn
01-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Eowyn looks a little off, but I'll get her anyways. The Prologue Bilbo looks great!!!

Jedi Law Student
01-26-2003, 02:33 AM
I was at Wal-Mart today. I swung by the toy aisle and saw several Gandalfs, one Faramir, one Easterling, and a couple of Gondorian Rangers. I picked up a Gondorian Ranger. I've wanted that figure for awhile. I've seen it other places, but I wanted to pay Wal-Mart's price, if you know what I mean. ;) :greedy:

Actually, when I got there, there was a lady looking at TTT figures as well. She had both Gondorian Rangers in her cart for awhile, as well as one of each of the other characters. She read the back of the Gondorian Ranger's package for like 10 minutes! She would start to push her cart away and I thought my chances were disappearing. But then, inexplicably, she put both Gondorian Rangers and the Easterling back on the shelf and left. I didn't waste anytime getting a Ranger in my cart.

Old Fossil
01-26-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
Those pics are awesome!!!! That Eowyn figure looks very good. The redone Boromir looks nifty too. Thanks!! :D

Redone Boromir? Where on that page was that? I wonder how they could improve on the FotR version, which sits in a place of honour on my LotR shelf.

And I must say that the Twilight Ringwraith looks awesome!

Anakin2121
01-26-2003, 08:27 AM
It's not a new 6" Boromir, he's from the 3" figure line that's about to come out, and is made by another company. And the only articulation the 3-inchers have is at the arms, I think. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-26-2003, 09:24 AM
OH ok, yeah Anakin, you're right. I was looking at the 3" line!! I guess i just got giddy and didn't realize that the little table of figures were those and the only two 6'' figures were bilbo and Eowyn!

However, these "playset" things, like Saurman's balcony and the Bridge of Khaza Dum, are those going to be for the 6'' figures or ?!?!?!?! I guess time will tell! :D

Anakin2121
01-26-2003, 09:46 AM
I'm not sure, I know the Helm's Deep playset is for the 3" figures, however. :(

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-26-2003, 11:10 AM
Ah, blast!!! Could you only imagine if Toy Biz got crazy and made playsets for the 6'' figures?!?! Holy God in heaven...that would be so nifty...ah, crap, excuse me..i think i just started drooling..... :D

kadamontaga
01-26-2003, 02:30 PM
Hi all.
Gandalf fell off his shelf today. (No Balrog involved, unfortunately).
Here's the result: http://users.firenet.uk.com/kadamontaga/extras/decapgandalf.jpg

Does anyone know of any action figure stands or bases that work with LOTR figures?

BlahBlahBlah
01-26-2003, 02:32 PM
I know that had to suck, but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that.

Prince Xizor
01-26-2003, 03:05 PM
Ouch that sucks man.... (wish I could help you with that figure stand question, but, alas, I can't.)

Damn that Theoden figure with the armor looks better everytime.

I kinda like Eowyn but I really really like Bilbo. I didn't get a chance to pick up the first one, but I will definietly get this one.

And who makes those smaller figures, and will they be widely available?? They are damn awesome. And the fact that they make playsets for them is even cooler. I can't wait to start finding those figures around...

kadamontaga
01-26-2003, 03:40 PM
If you think that's funny, you should have a look at this:
http://users.firenet.uk.com/kadamontaga/extras/decapgandalf2.jpg

As for the stands, someone told me earlier than McFarlene bases work fine for LOTR, but their shipping charge to the UK is absurd. $25!!!!

jpak001
01-26-2003, 07:15 PM
Yeah, the McFarlane stands do work (the pegs are a little too long though), but their shipping costs ARE insane!!! I was going to order some bags of them but they wanted somewhere around $15 for shipping for 3 packs! I'm not sure what happened w/McFarlane club shipping prices, I remember ordering some before along with some figures and the shipping prices were not like this :confused: :confused: :confused:

I've found that vintage SW stands work for most LOTR figs too, should be able to get those much easier than the McFarlane ones. Hope this helps! :)

BTW: anyone watching the Super Bowl here? It's halftime now, and the Raiders are losing just as I predicted (I would rather have seen the Raiders win, but I don't think it's gonna happen)!!

I know, I know, waaay off-topic. Sorry about that!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-28-2003, 05:55 PM
FYI- Etoys has in Grima, Rohirrim soldier and Gondorian Ranger if anybody needs him. They also got in a few posters. Their backstock jumped up a page too!!! Any day now for the new waves...any day!! cheers!! :D

Old Fossil
01-28-2003, 07:11 PM
Strangest thing...my Wal-Mart just stocked

Gandalf the White
Saruman the White
Theoden King
Rohir Soldier
Gondorian Ranger
Legolas
Aragorn
Grima Wormtongue
Easterling Warrior

Of course, Legolas sold out quickly.:frus:

Prince Xizor
01-28-2003, 08:11 PM
This weekend I think I am going to pick up Treebeard. Maybe in my hunting I shall find some new waves (please oh please oh please).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-28-2003, 08:38 PM
Xizor- I second that. hopefully i'll make it into civilization (Columbus) and score at least some new stuff. I got all my SW stuff from KEBco, so i'm just hunting for LOTR and random stuff. I just want an extra Legolas and the Dueling Club Malfoy. I'll be happy if i find those! HH! :D