PDA

View Full Version : Cantina Aliens?

Masterjedi73
11-15-2002, 08:44 AM
Hi. Are the Cantina Alien Asst. available yet? Has anyone seen them?

Jargo
11-15-2002, 09:47 AM
You mean the cantina bar assortment wave II? I think they're due for a January release not a November/December release. Seems to me like a lot of stuff got pushed back somehow. I would imagine they'll arrive in a shipment with the shuttle, trash compactor screen scene sets and the first basic figure wave of 2003. Personally I can't see those sets making it to retail before xmas. There's too much old stock that needs shifting.

But to answer the question, no. And no. Hope that helps. :)

Deoxyribonucleic
11-15-2002, 10:35 AM
Lots of stuff got pushed back because of the dock strikes around the US ports. My aunt works down on the one in San Pedro and she was outta work for a long, long time and now it's all backed up down there! I know too, that those T.Souls 2 figs were supposed to be here in Oct but won't be around now until end of Nov/Beginning Dec because of the strikes so I'm sure it has effected the star wars shipments as well since they come from overseas!

Turbowars
11-17-2002, 01:40 PM
I thought the everything came in from the east ports (RI)

Currald
11-17-2002, 05:05 PM
They weren't strikes, they were lockouts.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-17-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Currald
They weren't strikes, they were lockouts.

Uh, yeah this thread is getting WAY off topic. The jist of the idea is...because of the "situation" at the docks, lots of products, have been affected in their release dates.

Jargo
11-17-2002, 08:30 PM
Hence the fact that when you order from online stores they can only offer a vague shipping date right now. Like the repackaged TIE bomber which is listed as December/January. And the fact that the final star tours wave which was due in December may end up being January instead. This is also most likely the reason the reissue A-wing is now listed as May when it was initially listed as December. All screwed around. Of course extra security measures at ports and docks will also slow down those slow boats from China even more. I would imagine all freight is now subject to stringent security checks and that all takes time. I mean those freighters can carry hundreds of containers and to go through all of one ship will take forever. Stuff that's flown in also has to go through security checks. Plus it's closing in on christmas so there's extra traffic to meet the demands of busy shoppers. It's very easy for stuff to get shunted or pushed to the back of a queue. Containers get more containers dumped on them and get lost. If i remember right there was a case where a whole consignment got left at a container storage area and wasn't found for a year. That's a sobering thought isn't it? Imagine a container full of shuttles being lost somewhere...... *shudder* God i hope not....

squee666
11-17-2002, 09:37 PM
Are we to get no new cantina aliens for 2003? Other than the Walmart exclusives?

JEDIpartner
11-26-2002, 10:44 AM
That looks to be the case. It seems that they will be concentrating on getting us the Coruscant Nightclub aliens in 2003.

Rogue II
11-26-2002, 11:11 AM
I wish they would make the 2 cuved pieces and the center island. Is that too much to ask? I really want to complete the bar. I'm not even all that concerned what figures they put in there....Sandtrooper, Jawa, Ben Kenobi, CTC Han, or some other character that was in the scene (except for Luke). New figure, rehashed figure, it doesn't bother me as long as the resculpt is better than the original.

Old Fossil
11-26-2002, 12:58 PM
Good idea, Rogue II. We could always use another Sandtrooper or Jawa!

Beast
11-26-2002, 02:01 PM
Galactic Hunter is still saying that there is a possible 3rd assortment that will contain the curved sections. I see it definatly being a possibility, judging how well the 1st assortment sold. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
11-26-2002, 03:27 PM
I guess we'll have to see how the second assortment sells... I mean, it's got Wuher (yawn- even though I don't have him yet), Dr. Evazan (Hmmmmmaybe), and Kitty Kat Klickety-klack or whatever Zorak's girlfriend's name is... at least THAT one is new! :D