PDA

View Full Version : ROTJ Time!!

rherk
11-15-2002, 12:23 PM
I think it's time to see more ROTJ figures made. ROTJ has a large selection of characters that either; havn't yet been made or desperately need resculpts. Whaduya say?

dirtybones
11-15-2002, 01:53 PM
I still think that the guy who puts his arm around the Rancor Keeper in the pit after Luke kills the keepers pet should be made a figure.
He could be part of 3-pack of Jabba's bar n grill some how.

Patient Zero
11-15-2002, 01:58 PM
STOP! RotJ time!

I'm going to hell, aren't I!

dirtybones
11-15-2002, 02:16 PM
You might want to pack a lunch for your trip.

Darth Evil
11-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Don't forget an ROTJ Jabba!

Jargo
11-17-2002, 01:49 PM
Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna

Wolfwood319
11-17-2002, 01:56 PM
What he said.

evenflow
11-18-2002, 08:40 AM
Exactly what he said.

Banthaholic
11-24-2002, 11:12 PM
Yarna is long overdue. I hope she's a choice for Fan Poll #5.

Beast
11-24-2002, 11:17 PM
I mentioned she should be on the Fan Choice #5 Poll before, but then thought better of it. She should be made period, not subjected to the whims of people that vote. That's how we've been cursed with the Imperial SketchTrooper over figures like the Imperial Dignitary and General Carlist Riekeen. The fan poll is good, but use more obscure and less likely to be produced charecters as the choices. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
11-24-2002, 11:40 PM
I totally agree with you JJB.

I know it's unreasonable but it;d be great is Hasbro could make some sort of 'Figure of the month' club. Sort of the type of club that people enroll in to get books, ornaments, collector's plates etc. And for like $10-$15 every month the members would be sent one figure, that way they could make more obscure characters, as well as EU, etc. Although highly improbible it would be a neat idea IMO

OzOtter
12-12-2002, 05:50 PM
ROTJ time? Great! More ewoks please!

Darth Evil
12-13-2002, 02:40 PM
And a new Emperor Palpatine. NOW!

Rogue II
12-13-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
And a new Emperor Palpatine. NOW!

With articulated knees and a cloth robe so he can sit on this throne. See also: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12331

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna Yarna

Yes! See also: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1343

Originally posted by OzOtter ROTJ time? Great! More ewoks please!

and those too. Throw in the Imperial Dignitary, Jabba, a few of his cronies (Sgt Doallyn, Bubo, Wooof), General Madine, and General Carlist Riekeen(oops, he's ESB) while you're at it.

See also:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14476

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14098

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14281

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13982

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10037

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10421

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10396

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=658

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9293

Yes, there is a demand for ROTJ Figures.

Jargo
12-13-2002, 03:22 PM
Busy little bee aren't you? :p :D ;)

ROTJ provided us with the most colorful characters. The most lively characters of any of the star wars movies. Partly down to the money that was thrown into the project and the directing style of the late Richard Marquand. But compared to ESB there are hundreds of characters to choose from but so few made. ESB has few characters so it's easier to pick a couple out and make them. With ROTJ there's so many to choose from that no matter how many hasbro made they'd still be accused of not making enough. However there is always room for expansion in the number of good designs made into figures. There are a goo dozen or so characters from Jabba's palace the should be given immediate attention. Several Imperial characters and rebels. Then there's the Ewok issue which I've addressed plenty of times already. There's the core characters who need d3ecent sculpts of their different outfits after being failed by either gimmick action feature or the constraints of production standards at their time of production. We've had so many AOTC figures I'm almost AOTC'ed out. I need to be refreshed with OT stuff and ROTJ would seem to be a fitting place to get going. Keep up with the cantina releases for god's sake but get cracking on the ROTJ stuff once you finish with all the Hoth stuff you've got lined up for next year.

Skywalker3319
12-13-2002, 04:07 PM
ROTJ LUKE, ITS BEING MADE, AND THATS WHO WE NEED, FROM THE DEATH STAR TWO, AS WELL AS THE VADER AND I WANT A NEW EMPERROR. BUT THE LUKE MOST OF ALL!! Thanks all!!

:cool: :cool:

stillakid
12-13-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Skywalker3319
ROTJ LUKE, ITS BEING MADE, AND THATS WHO WE NEED, FROM THE DEATH STAR TWO, AS WELL AS THE VADER AND I WANT A NEW EMPERROR. BUT THE LUKE MOST OF ALL!! Thanks all!!

:cool: :cool:

Does anyone else actually hear "yelling" in their heads when they see a post like this, or is it just me? No matter how hard I try, I can only read this while hearing it LOUDLY.

BTW, Skywalker, ALL CAPS usually indicates YELLING. It's hard enough to read on top of your lack of proper puncuation and grammar. Thanks!

In regards to the topic, I'm not in favor of more and more resculpts. We already have the core characters in most, if not all, of their respective "looks." With time running out on the saga, and probably the toy line, Hasbro needs to concentrate more R&D on those figures that haven't been created yet. If and when they finish off the hordes of aliens from Jabba's Palace, then maybe some core resculpts should come along. Just my 2 cents, (not that it means anything.)

Beast
12-13-2002, 04:32 PM
Why do you keep saying time is running out? 6 years minimum, with a possible of who knows how many years if the contract is renewed past 2008. That's quite alot of time still, when you figure how many figures we get a year. 6 years is plenty of time, to get most of the more well known secondary and background charecters done.

Even accepting the fact that during movie years, we will primarily be focused on new movie figures. Even if they do re-sculpts of all the POTF2 figures that were overly buffed, or inaccurate the first time. Like many of the POTF2 main charecters. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
12-13-2002, 04:56 PM
Agreed and seconded, why will they kill a cash cow? These babies will keep selling because we keep buying them. The only reson not to make them anymore is if LFL pull the plug (unlikely) or if hasbro runs into financial difficulties and can no longer afford to keep the star wars division going (remotely possible but with the success this year, doubtful) Hasbro are not going to stop making toys just because the films aren't being made. Okay so maybe there is a time factor and that puts it at say three years beyond the last movie. Six years gets you a heck of a collection. I started to collect again in '97 in that short time I've amased a huge collection that i barely have room for. That's just five years. If Hasbro make the same amount again in the next five years I'll be happy as a pig in doodah. If they extend beyond that I'll be even happier. Take this years total of product and estimate that next year will be pretty close in numbers. times that by six and that's crap loads of product. loads of room for multiple resculpts that are different or improve upon previous ones in some way. Plus all the new characters too, room for tons of vehicles and accessories and army builder sets and whatever. This line is healthy and god i hope more people see the life in it and don't give in to pessimism like you have. Sure they need to do the aliens and whatever but there has to be new sculpts of core characters with every movie release and then the resculpt to make up for the rush job on the figures released around movie release time....... No, I do not see this line being a sinking ship at all. I for one will be helping as much as i can to keep it afloat.

stillakid
12-13-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Why do you keep saying time is running out? 6 years minimum, with a possible of who knows how many years if the contract is renewed past 2008. That's quite alot of time still, when you figure how many figures we get a year. 6 years is plenty of time, to get most of the more well known secondary and background charecters done.

Even accepting the fact that during movie years, we will primarily be focused on new movie figures. Even if they do re-sculpts of all the POTF2 figures that were overly buffed, or inaccurate the first time. Like many of the POTF2 main charecters. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

It's all conjecture on my part, of course. If only I had a crystal ball...

But in this thread: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=202217#post202217

some very good points were made to support that prediction. Tjovonich made a particularly compelling case:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=202846#post202846

License or not, if sales decline, Hasbro has no good financial reason to continue the line no matter how loud the few of us shout out. I believe we have a guaranteed 3 years left, however in that last year and a half, Hasbro most likely will be concentrating on Episode III with the rare release of a figure from any one of the previous 5 films. Beyond that, it's anybody's guess. History has shown that without a film to look forward to, this franchise doesn't have legs.

Like I said, who knows what'll happen, but I'm taking the standpoint that it's better to hedge all bets now and ask that unmade characters take priority over an endless array of resculpts.

Rogue II
12-13-2002, 07:24 PM
Now, back to the topic.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Busy little bee aren't you? :p :D ;)

Well, I was bored and wanted to show that there is plenty of interest in ROTJ characters. and maybe revive some of the old threads at the same time.

stillakid
12-13-2002, 07:32 PM
I have a separate, but quite related request that I'd like to lead you to:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=204685#post204685

Thank you for your time.

Beast
12-13-2002, 07:34 PM
Well, Star Wars was the hottest toy of the Summer. Sales are doing well, especially with the new lower prices. Theyre is an established collector community, that will buy whether there is a film or not. Remeber that the line ran from 1995-1999 with no new film. Not to mention, unlike the vintage line that was mostly core charecters and a few intresting seconday and backgound charecters, the modern line has done incredibly cool obscure charecters that sell like hot cakes.

The line is being managed completly different then the vintage line, that needed a movie to get people wanting the figures. We don't have a huge gap of hardly no figures inbetween movies like back then. With the popularity and sales that the line has going for it, there is no reason that the line should end anytime soon. Hell, it's already eclipsed the Vintage line in number of figures made, soon it will be surpassing it in years. It has the staying power due, thanks to the diversity of the Star Wars Universe to keep it going indefinatly. It could very well become, the next G.I. JOE.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Sidious
12-13-2002, 08:08 PM
Hermie. Yarna. Weequay Drummer. More Bobas (I'm sorry, I just REALLY like Mandalorians.). New Jabba. A B-Wing THAT THEY ACTUALLY DISTRIBUTE. More Ewoks. Ewok Village. Shuttle Landing Pad Playset. Shuttle. Etcetera. In my opinion, we need these.

QLD
12-13-2002, 10:13 PM
I can't figure out why the hell there isn't a Jan Dodonna figure yet!

Beast
12-13-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I can't figure out why the hell there isn't a Jan Dodonna figure yet!
Maybe because everytime they start talking about doing him, someone always says "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia". This ends up sending the Hasbro design team into fits of laughter, and they forget about him. Seriously, who wants a guy named Jan for an action figure anyway. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
12-13-2002, 10:24 PM
Yeah, because YARNA is so much better....

Jargo
12-13-2002, 10:37 PM
But his name is pronounced Yan as in the Dutch pronunciation. Isn't it? Oh well maybe not then. :rolleyes:

Darth Evil
12-14-2002, 11:53 AM
Does no one else want a new, perfect Emperor Palpatine? I can understand not wanting a new Vader, we have plenty of him, but no perfect Palpatine!

Beast
12-14-2002, 02:34 PM
Most do want a new Emperor Palpatine, but the problem starts on what exactly to do. A soft goods one, with a packed in Throne Chair would be nice. But usually soft goods cloaks look terrible. Frankly the best Emperor Palpatine is the Darth Sidious figure from the E1 line, and we have another one coming this year. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
12-14-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
Does no one else want a new, perfect Emperor Palpatine? I can understand not wanting a new Vader, we have plenty of him, but no perfect Palpatine!

If you would have read the previous posts, you would have saw that I not only supported it, but I also posted a link to a thread about it.;)

Darth Evil
12-15-2002, 09:12 AM
I know, but you seemed to be one of the few other supporters.