PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live! Lets get a "SSG" clan going

mrmiller
11-15-2002, 01:28 PM
Xbox live launches today, and I must say I am Psyched. I hope to pick up Unreal Championship after work today, and start Frag'n. If any SSG memebers want to hook up, let me know. Just drop me a PM here, and my Yahoo messenger will ring me. Late.

=MATT=

QLD
11-19-2002, 11:07 AM
I am thinking of picking this up, along with Unreal Championship. I'll let you know if I do. First I have to figure out how I am going to get my DSL connection down to my game room in the basement! Perhaps a HUB and a really really long cord.

mrmiller
11-19-2002, 11:22 AM
Unreal Championship is great. I haven't slept since Friday ;)
The communicator is cool too. I'd like to get some friends to play some of the team based modes. All my friends without broadband have Xbox, and my friends with broadband are PS2 homers without Xboxes. They shall soon be converted after playing UC!

=MATT=

QLD
11-19-2002, 05:48 PM
I was going to buy it today at CompUSA, but they were sold out of Unreal Championship.

I will still look into getting it as well. But I also need to get a router.

I don't understand system loyal people. I love em all. Oh well, their loss. Once I get up and running, I will let you know!

BenQuad
11-19-2002, 06:21 PM
Count me in.... this broadband s**t is so cool, but you'll just have to wait for UK users like me till March next year.

Now Quake on the PC....... thats another thing altogether. :)

QLD
11-21-2002, 04:29 PM
Well, I got the X-Box live, and Unreal Championship. I just have to get my account and HUB setup when I get home late tonight, and I will be ready to go!

mrmiller
11-21-2002, 09:48 PM
My gamertag is mrmiller
Look me up, I'm usually on late.

QLD
11-21-2002, 09:56 PM
I'll do that. I work till midnight....so I imagine I will be on from 1-3, and around 10 AM - 1 PM during the weekm if I am on.....Sundays and Mondays are my off days.....so who knows!

I'll let you know what gamertag I get.

mrmiller
11-21-2002, 10:58 PM
What time zone- I'm on from about 11-1 CST

QLD
11-22-2002, 04:38 PM
I got everything going last night.

My gamertag is Nasty Butler

I am on the East Coast. I haven't figured out how to look for friends on their yet. Can you search for someone by their gamertag?

oh....man.....I got waxed so much last night in Unreal....it was....well.....unreal ;)

QLD
11-22-2002, 04:39 PM
Also, do you have any other live! games?

I was thinking of picking up NBA 2K3 and Ghost Recon.....

mrmiller
11-22-2002, 05:42 PM
No- I don't have any other Live games yet. When might you be online (Eastern Time)? I'll see if I can figure out how to find friends- I know it's possible. I'm getting pretty good. I normally in the top half when I play, so if we team up we'll be good. Let me know when you'll be online. You can always E-mail me or send a pvt msg here on the formus and my Yahoo messenger will chirp me. Later.

=MATT=

QLD
11-22-2002, 05:53 PM
I am usually on around around 1-3 AM EST, and sometimes 11 AM - 2 PM EST. Sundays and Mondays are all over the board. Next time I am going to be on, I'll see if I can send you a PM.

I was an Anubian character, but I was getting wasted!
I just made a new character, I forgot the type, but they are slow, but take TONS of damage. That suits my playing style much more.

Only thing I don't like about the game is all of the jumping.....it's just stupid.....

mrmiller
11-22-2002, 05:53 PM
so is your gamertag (loging ID) "Nasty Butler"? With the space? You know your gamer tag is you user ID for Xbox live, not what your character is on Unreal. My gamertag is mrmiller, but my Unreal names are IG88 and Neo.

=MATT=

QLD
11-22-2002, 05:54 PM
Both of my names are "Nasty Butler", with the space

mrmiller
11-22-2002, 05:57 PM
Well 1 a.m. is Midnight here- I'll be online. I'll try you too. I like the Automations (robots) and the Mercs (normal humans). Those big guys (are they juggernaughts? )are to slow- but they can take a lick'n and keep on tick'n. Humm, I think I'll make one called Timex :)

=MATT=

QLD
11-22-2002, 05:59 PM
I haven't tried any of the other species yet.....but since I felt like everything was moving so fast for me....I figured better for me to be able to take a hit to give a hit :)

I'll see if I can find you on too.