PDA

View Full Version : IG88 differences...

Jedi Master Silas
11-15-2002, 08:13 PM
I was going through some of our loose vintage figs and noticed that 2 of our loose IG88 figs look silver-grey and the third loose one looks plain grey...was there a paint change? Maybe one was left out in the sun? Anyone else see this?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-16-2002, 10:47 AM
Yes. The IG-88 I had as a kid was the dull grey (gray?), and I had to replace it when somehow his arm was broken at the elbow; the replacement was also gray (grey?). I heard of the "variant" silver one, and I saw one at a shop for $6 or so, so I picked it up. I believe there was a paint change. I do not consider it a true variant, just a slightly different color.

Jedi Master Silas
11-17-2002, 07:14 PM
Gray Grey LOL...dang cold medicine :) Thanks for clearing that up...glad to know my eye sight was slipping!

Deoxyribonucleic
11-17-2002, 09:47 PM
http://www.toysrgus.com/textf/all-figs.html

this is a list of ALL known kenner vintage 3 3/4" variations

Ig88 is listed as grey first, then silver as a paint variation but I think it depends upon what each collector themselves consider what a variation is! Like BCJ said above, he doesn't consider it one and I myself really don't care about variations either unless they are big ones like telescoping lightsabers and vinyl cape jawas :)

scroll down to ESB series III

Hope this helps :)

Jedi Master Silas
11-18-2002, 09:09 AM
We arent big variation hounds either but I was i was curious about the IG88 because after all these years of having these figs I never noticed. Thanks very much "building block of life". :) :) :)

Deoxyribonucleic
11-18-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
Thanks very much "building block of life". :) :) :)

hehe, that's funny! :D I just got up and it took me a sec to get that and now I'm all a chuckles :) :D :p

BTW, after all these years, does he have "the smell", that lovely kenner vintage figure plastic smell???

stormie
11-18-2002, 12:35 PM
Besides the difference in lustre and hue, these two IG-88s have two different head sculpts too, so this might be considered a legitimate (gasp!) variation. You can see this variation by clicking on the IG-88 link on this page: http://www.artoosnews.com/vintage/
:)

Deoxyribonucleic
11-18-2002, 12:46 PM
Good call stormie!

:)

Jedi Master Silas
11-18-2002, 06:14 PM
Let me get back with you on that after my cold goes away. LOL I can see it now...I'm in our SW room with some of our loose vintage figs out snorting and sniffing all over them and my husband walks in..now how am I supposed to explain that?? :crazed: