PDA

View Full Version : Qui-Gon Jinn

Jek Porky 2002
11-16-2002, 07:03 AM
I don't know why, but all of a sudden, I don't trust Qui-Gon!

At first I just thought that he was just a bit defiant towards the council, but know I think that he may be corrupt! And that it will come up in Episode III.

I think that he may have something to do with Dooku and the Separatists and also, there is a reason why he wanted to train Anakin so desparatly!

Who else thinks so?

Pendo
11-16-2002, 07:47 AM
Hmmm, never thought of that Jek. Now I can't get it out of my head :eek:!! It can't be, can it?!?

Certainly is an interesting theory, they only thing is that if he did have something to do with the seperatists then he MIGHT have known about Maul, and Maul wouldn't have killed him.

If certainly would be a good twist, but would have to be done properly by Lucas.

Good thinking Jek :)!

PENDO!

Toad
11-17-2002, 10:36 AM
Good guys have green and blue lightsabers. :) I hope its as easy as that.....which then means Mace throws a wrench into it, and if he's a baddie, I'd be ****ed.

Beast
11-17-2002, 11:44 AM
Mace only has purple, because Samual Jackson asked Lucas for that color. It could be a honorary color held for the head of the Jedi Council. Plus purple could be considered a shade of blue. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jon
11-17-2002, 02:05 PM
I agree with something corrupt in regards to Qui Gon Jinn. I don't know what exactly but I am suspicious that perhaps Dooku misled Qui Gon during his training. who knows? 2.5 years to go and we'll know.

tagmac
11-17-2002, 04:43 PM
I was thinking of Mace's purple sabre meant to represent something in-between good and bad (red/blue), like a double agent of sorts.

Toad
11-18-2002, 06:34 AM
Man, I really really really hope he's not bad.

The Overlord Returns
11-18-2002, 01:27 PM
Don't worry...he is not. Neither is Mace.

darthvyn
11-18-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Don't worry...he is not. Neither is Mace.

conviction in a sentance like that smells of spoilers... don't make me angry... you wouldn't like me when i'm angry...:sur: :confused: :D :crazed:

seriously, though, please no spoilers!

The Overlord Returns
11-18-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn

conviction in a sentance like that smells of spoilers... don't make me angry... you wouldn't like me when i'm angry...:sur: :confused: :D :crazed:

seriously, though, please no spoilers!

Well, as much as I would like to say, as fact, that this comes from the horse's (GL's) mouth itself...it doesn't.

I am just that sure that neither of them turn out to be bad...

darthvyn
11-18-2002, 02:04 PM
okay, as long as it's purely personal conviction... :D

Darth Grifter
11-20-2002, 03:47 PM
QuiGon definitely has defiance issues with the council (as illustrated in EI), a defiance that is again exemplified through his padawan relationship with Dooku (the ultimate defiant = seperatist).

I have two thoughts on this subject that keep nagging at the back of my mind:

1) Would Dooku have gone to the Dark Side if QuiGon wouldn't have been killed. It seems that he has a lot of respect for Jin when he is trying to convert ObiWan in the chamber. Given, the Dark Side is leading him to try and turn ObiWan, however, the words he uses and the language leads me to believe that QuiGon might have had an influence on Dooku's fate if he were still alive.

B) Where does Yoda fit into this loop of Padawan/Master relationships that go from Yoda to Dooku to QuiGon to ObiWan to Anakin and Luke. I know that there is a cyclical theme present throught the plotline but, is the overall moral or lesson (if there is one or I may be applying my own moral-hunter mentality) that having a hint of the dark-side defiance a good thing. Think about the characters that are elevated in our outlook -- QuiGon, Anakin, the ObiWan from EIV (I really think that he will have a major character change in EIII), even Luke -- all of these characters have a slight defiant streak in them and (with exeption of Anakin) remain on the good side of the force.

Just a thought.