PDA

View Full Version : Condition of figures.....

Emperor Howdy
11-16-2002, 03:14 PM
I finally broke down and ordered the first 6 today. The process was relatively quick and easy. (407) 363-6200......total was $60 plus $10.95 S/H.

Problem is, I've heard some say their orders have arrived in crappy condition. Are these isolated instances, or are a lot of you getting them all beat up? :confused:

JangoFart
11-16-2002, 09:29 PM
Mine arrived in the best packing protection I've ever seen used. But, I have heard others who got theirs beaten to heck and back.

J

Deoxyribonucleic
11-16-2002, 11:32 PM
It may not be necessarily them sending to the customer that gets them beat up because when I went to the startrader in disneyland to pick up mine, they had a bunch that were on the pegs all beaten up....bent cards, bent bubbles. So it may be how they received them from hasbro or their own warehouses and these are what's going to the customer!

Banthaholic
11-17-2002, 12:18 AM
I was lucky wnough to get them from a contact of mine that live in FL. Although he said when he went to Disney-MGM, alot of the cards were warped, and had to take a few minutes to get me a decent set.

Although if what I'm reading in other threads is coorect, if your figures arrive in subpar condition you can always return them to a Disney Store.

Jedi Master Silas
11-21-2002, 01:58 PM
Yeah your local Disney store will refund your money but check this out. Do you know what the Disney store does with the unwanted figures??? They resale them to the public for $5 to $1.50. Thats how I got extra ones here in WV to open them. It might be worth a look if your an opener. I posted a thread on this awhile back.

Emperor Howdy
11-23-2002, 02:38 AM
Well, the figures arrived today. I will say it was a lot quicker than expected....the lady told me 10-20 days. :)

Also, the figures were in pretty decent shape. A couple of small creases, but nothing to gripe about. The packing job sucked. They shoved all 6 in a plastic Disney shopping bag, rolled it up, and jammed it in a box. Since the figs were ok, it's not that big a deal, but da-yam! :eek:

Oh boy....now the ironic part. Here I was worried about the condition of the figures, totally oblivious to the fact that the figures themselves are absolute and utter pieces of corn-filled poo. :stupid: I'm blown away at how little effort was put into these cheap, underpainted figures. Ok, I guess a couple of 'em are alright, but overall a disappointment at $10 a pop. :mad: