PDA

View Full Version : Episode II Teasor

Rodian Sniper
11-02-2001, 11:34 PM
WOW! That 30 second teasor for Star Wars: Attack of the Clones was worth the 6 dollars! The Monster Inc. movie was a nice side bonus.

GNT
11-03-2001, 12:10 AM
Um...wrong section :)

JediTricks
11-03-2001, 07:51 AM
This was moved to the NO SPOILERS Ep 2 section, so please post no spoilers here. There are already several threads in the Ep 2 Spoilers section about the teaser if you want to talk about spoilers.

Thanks!

bigbarada
11-03-2001, 01:08 PM
So would the trailer itself be considered a spoiler now that it's released?

master jedi
11-03-2001, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
So would the trailer itself be considered a spoiler now that it's released?
Maybe to some people.

I couldn't fully appreciate(sp?) Monsters Inc. 'cause my mind was on the SW trailer all the way through.

Also, I went to see 'The One' today and the trailer to Ewan McGreggors' new movie (Black Hawk Down i think) was attached to it. After Pearl Harbor this movie doesn't look good to me.

evenflow
11-04-2001, 07:18 AM
Now that it has been released, i would say its not a spoiler anymore.

JediTricks
11-04-2001, 10:20 AM
hmm, it's hard to tell, I think it still may be spoilers.

Eternal Padawan
11-05-2001, 09:26 AM
If you want that "isolation tank" feeling when you walk into the theatre in May, then the tralers are MAJOR spoilers. Stay away from them. If you had successfully avoided ALL spoilers (leaked scripts, leaked figure sculpts, leaked storyboards) for the past two and a half years and ONLY watched the 4 trailers they were putting out, you'd have about as much information as the rest of us.

If you truly want that sense of awe when you see it in May, (it's too late for me) AVOID ALL TRAILERS!!!

Magnolia-Fan
11-05-2001, 06:50 PM
The teaser trailer has been released to the public by lucasfilm.

IT IS NOT A SPOILER NOW!

If one is to be as extreme as to think it is a spoiler, then one should not:

1- read the official Star Wars Magazine, as it has "spoilers".
2- visit the official Star Wars website, as it features the "spoiler" trailer.
3- visit any Star Wars websites that mention the trailer.
4- watch any "popular media" programs, such as Access Hollywood, Entertainment Tonight, etc, as they might show the trailer like they did during the Episode 1 hype.
5- watch local or national news as they might show the trailer like they did during the episode 1 hype.

These extremists, should on the other hand:

1- Go to live with a technology deprived group (such as the amish), or
2- Bury their heads in the sand like a good ostrich, because there are going to be some things anyone in modern day society (especially a Star Wars fan) can't (or won't) avoid (or deprive themselves of) seeing.

Co Jo-Da
11-05-2001, 11:54 PM
See it for free at STARWARS.COM...

JediTricks
11-06-2001, 09:07 AM
How about this: FOR THESE FORUMS, anything in the trailers can be discussed only on the merits of what you saw IN THE TRAILER ITSELF. Any discussion or speculation based on other info you have received from ANY other source, even the official site, is still spoiler material here on the forums.

bigbarada
11-06-2001, 09:33 AM
Boy that one ship was awful shiny.

That one kid who looked at that one girl who was he? But don't really tell me as I really don't want to know.

Didn't that one droid look a little like Threepio?

Were those....:eek: ......lightsabers???

Those kids at the computer screens were wearing blue clothing, just thought it might be important.

Just a small example of spoiler-free discussions based on the trailer.

Jedi Clint
11-06-2001, 11:18 AM
There's always the Episode II (SPOILERS) forum for those that find our (NO SPOILERS) forum too constricting. It may be difficult to imagine why someone would come here to avoid such material, but they do, and we should respect their decision. Some people would like to discuss what could possibly happen in the upcoming films without knowing the juicy details. Rather than complaining about the rules of the (NO SPOILERS) forum, wouldn't it be easier and more conductive to the goal of discussion to head over to the (SPOILERS) forum and enjoy the ambience?

El Chuxter
11-06-2001, 12:00 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, JT.

I guess we're gonna finally figure out the origin of C-3PO's silver leg, assuming that droid is who I think he is.

Yoda looks awesome this time around.

What's up with Watto's headgear?

And coolest of all: Flying Mandalores! (Is that a spoiler, since I saw a dude in Fett armor, and we know from the ESB novelization that it's Mandalorean armor he wears?)

Lobito
11-06-2001, 12:42 PM
This is from the teaser ok?

Also is that ship flying in the asteroid course....THE SLAVE I??? It sure looks like it.

The only thing that was weird is that there's no music...only Vader's breathing.

Its cool though!!

Rodian Sniper
11-07-2001, 01:25 AM
(text deleted due to spoilers - JT)

The teasor is out so these aren't spoilers. If you want spoilers...wait til you see what happens to Jango Fett in the movie...hee hee.

:D

Co Jo-Da
11-07-2001, 01:28 AM
See AWESOME stills from the Breathing Teaser at THEFORCE.NET, all of them are clear and dare I say AWESOME!

GNT
11-07-2001, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
See AWESOME stills from the Breathing Teaser at THEFORCE.NET, all of them are clear and dare I say AWESOME!

Yep they are all so clear I can see my reflection on the moniter screen :)

Eternal Padawan
11-07-2001, 08:29 AM
(quoted text deleted due to spoilers - JT)

How do you know *those things* based on the trailer?

See, now you've SPOILED the movie for me.:rolleyes: :eek:

(text edited due to spoilers - JT)

JediTricks
11-07-2001, 09:10 AM
Look, you guys who read the spoilers, good for you, but not everybody does and for those who don't, we ask you to please respect their wishes. I just stated the "NO SPOILERS" policy in my previous post, so please just respect that. And as moderator Jedi Clint so wisely pointed out, there is the Spoilers section you can post that junk in.

For Rodian Sniper and EP, I did edit your posts, but I have the text saved in my HD in case you want it for your own use. However, those spoilers (even quotes of others) are still not allowed here.

I'm not up on all the spoilers, but one of the things that intrigued me in the trailer that I have NO idea about was the hovering Obi-Wan in the dark, round room. I suspect he's being bound with energy binders, but it sure looks mysterious to me! Could this be an alien energy system that keeps a Force-user in check? Or perhaps the blue energy around his wrists and ankles is some sort of scanning.

JediCole
11-19-2001, 04:16 PM
I finally got out to see Monsters, Inc. this weekend with Mrs. JediCole, Sith Worm, and the future Mrs. Sith Worm (won't be long now!). Needless to say, I thought Sith Worm was going to wet his pants as the lights dimmed and we were treated to...preview after preview for movies we cared nothing about. Each subsequent trailer left the mighty Worm o'the Sith that much more distraut until I pointed out to him that I speculated that, being a "do not remove from reel" feature, all other previews would have to be tacked on in front of the "Breathing" trailer. Well then the movie theatres self promotion reel appeared and even I, with all my Jedi powers began to foster a shadow of a doubt. But that was followed by even MORE previews and then, much to Sith Worm's delight (and near incontonance), the 20th Century Fox logo, followed soon after by the LucasFilm Limited logo graced the screen. A girlish whine echoed through the theatre as SW writhed in his chair, nearly uprooting the entire row from it's moorings in the sticky concrete floor of the mall theatre, hands gripping the arms of the seat with such intensity that his knuckles glowed white even in the half light of the auditorium. Moans, whines, and guttural noises that defied definition followed as 60 seconds of pure bliss washed over the audience, or most especially Sith Worm.
"Dumped not pumped", indeed!

ThomasLane
11-28-2001, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter

Yoda looks awesome this time around.

[/B]

He sure does! Why did George use a rubber puppet in Ep. 1? Maybe he'll replace Ep.1 Yoda with a CGI version for the SW Ep.1 Special Edition in 15 years...