PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Navy Trooper.

sith_killer_99
11-16-2002, 07:51 PM
The official site has the Death Star Trooper listed as Imperial Navy Trooper.

What's with the change?

Also of note "each of the first generation of clones troopers was grown in the cloning facilities of Tipoca City, on the storm-drenched world of Kamino." First generation???

Again, worthy of note "Stormtroopers abandoned individuality in exchange for their loyalty." So they were individuals???

It seems we may never be clear on the history and structure of the Empires military muscle.:rolleyes:

Just some food for thought.;)

James Boba Fettfield
11-16-2002, 07:55 PM
I thought there could be more than one generation. You had those adult ones who were dressed up like troopers and looked like Jango, while at the same time you also had the ones that were still children and looked like Boba in the same facilities. Perhaps those were two different generations.

LTBasker
11-16-2002, 08:42 PM
Starwars.com isn't always the greatest place to get stuff. Obviously they're still using the Stormtroopers aren't clones story, go them! :happy:

The Imperial Navy Troopers however I think is just a way to referring to them if they were on something like a Star Destroyer or other space station. The Death Star Trooper label was just put there because that's the only place we've really seen them and a regular title wasn't appointed to them. Kind of like the "Death Star Droid."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-17-2002, 01:30 PM
The Imperial Navy Troopers are seen everywhere, I don't know why they called them Death Star Troopers to begin with.

Jargo
11-17-2002, 01:46 PM
OOOOOOH - go space sailer boys!!!!! :D Death star troopers was applied during the Kenner era after the title of death squad commander was deemed too gruesome and too near the nazi analogy that was being levelled at star wars. Imperial naval trooper sounds more realistic for a start and probably more accurate.