PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars & GNR

Banthaholic
11-17-2002, 12:27 AM
I was at a GNR concert this past Thursday. One of there new guitarists 'Buckethead', who incidetally is a freak, and freaking awesome. Anyhow during the show, he breaks into a solo, where none othere than the Star Wars theme and a bit of the imperial march was played. Regardless of how anyone feels about GNR it's still awesome hearing a familiar tune!

Eternal Padawan
11-17-2002, 09:24 AM
I agree.

Except when someone has the audacity to play a muzak version of the Imperial March in the elevator. THAT should be outlawed. :mad:

2-1B
11-17-2002, 11:53 AM
Slash = GNR :mad:

Wolfwood319
11-17-2002, 12:59 PM
Its not so much GNR as it is "Axl and friends."

But that's still cool to hear SW themes in a solo.

Prince Xizor
11-18-2002, 03:03 AM
Buckethead scares me.

evenflow
11-18-2002, 07:42 AM
I am sorry but I have been waiting my entire life to see Guns N' Roses, and if this is the best i can get i will take it. Bucket Head is an awesome guitarist. I have seen Slash live once before so I do not feel cheated. I can't wait until December 5th. I just hope Axl shows up.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-18-2002, 02:16 PM
Isn't Buckethead a nickname Lucas and Co. made up for Boba Fett a long time ago? One of the EP2 internet featurettes is entitled with that name.

El Chuxter
11-18-2002, 04:39 PM
Buckethead has that on one of his solo albums, I believe. He's not a bad guitarist. Too bad he's in Axl's garage band and shows his "only good, not great" status by covering three of the best guitarists: Slash, Izzy, and Gilby.

Darth Cruel
11-19-2002, 06:21 PM
Wow! G-n-R still at it. Maybe there is still hope left in the world.

Rogue II
11-20-2002, 12:07 PM
I found this quote today:

"Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I've managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight." --Singer AXL ROSE during a Chicago performance of the reconstituted Guns n' Roses, quoted in the Chicago Tribune.

2-1B
11-20-2002, 12:08 PM
Did he also manage to find enough pieces of his voice?

And lungs?

mabudonicus
11-20-2002, 12:33 PM
In keeping with the SW music in places other than SW films theme...
At the ACC (where the Leafs play!!) the "Imperial March" is played during stoppages in play, usually when there is trouble afoot...
Maybe Axl and Buckethead (AnB:)?) will be the ones to finally realize my dream of a full length SW rock opera:):):)!!!
Here I always thought that Creed would beat everyone else to it...

Tycho
11-20-2002, 12:47 PM
Queensryche would be good for that!

Operation: Lightsaber!

with songs-

Empire X
Revolution Calling (lyrics revised)
Operation: Lightsaber
Speak (lyrics revised)
Spreading out the Bounties
The Mission (lyrics revised)
The Master Lies
Electric Astromech
Padme and My Leia of Pain
Breaking the Silence of the Night (lyrics revised)]
I Don't Believe in Luck
My Empty Rancor Pit
Eyes of my Father

mrmiller
11-21-2002, 12:43 PM
Metallica did a little Imperial March theme one time too. I'm sure if you have Moprephous or any other file sharer you can find it- It rocks!

=MATT=

James Boba Fettfield
11-21-2002, 12:47 PM
Actually, it is questionable as to if that is actually Metallica playing in that clip. It is supposedly a fake.

mabudonicus
11-22-2002, 08:10 AM
Hey, love the dragon warrior/quest quote in yer sig, JBF!!!
Yeah that clip is pretty weird, the drums sound like tupperware, other than that it's impossible to tell, but it does sound metallica-esque, at least....
I just recalled this thread while watching the news last night... seems Axl decided to sit out the first show on the Canadian leg of his tour, the venue being Vancouver somewhere's...
There weren't many details, but charges are being laid in many different directions after a huge riot broke out (not as bad as the "ms world" riots by any means, but riot nonetheless)...
Isn't it a bit soon to start basing his fame on the shows that go way wrong?? Used to be you at least had to entertain crowds to be a big ticket musician... I guess Axl sees it differently.
Just wanted to share the news!!!

Your Shuba is Torn.

scruffziller
11-28-2002, 02:52 PM
I wonder how long this will last since he has cancelled 6 concerts in a row, Axl that is.

2-1B
12-07-2002, 10:01 PM
And he cancelled again ! :rolleyes:
This time in Philly, AFTER the two opening acts had already played.

what a piece of trash that guy is . . .

mabudonicus
12-08-2002, 09:23 AM
Yeah, that's some work ethic... I think axl believes that he MUST cancel every show now, to keep his rock-star rebellious image strong...
A friend of mine saw gnr once, the first and only time he saw them, years ago here in Toronto, and after about 10 miniutes of music, axl just yelled F this and walked off, leaving the remaining members still playing... they finished the tune, shrugged, said goodnight and walked off... oddly, my buddy thought that it was the best show he could have expected and was not among those who started tearing rhe place apart...
Yeah, stupid axl, there should be a slash and axl tour, where slash just beats on him with a big frozen fish for a couple hours, and anyone with a ticket stub or ticket from ANY of the stupid debacles axl's caused gets in free... there could be a part where axl is hung up and the whole audience is allowed to throw disgusting things at him while he yells and swears, that'd be the best thing we could have....

jjreason
12-08-2002, 12:26 PM
No offense to anyone, but maybe we should get smart and all stop buying tickets to these debacles (not like he's coming to Rupert by any stretch - but you know what I mean). What an idiot. That kind of crap (the music AND the idiocy) appealed to me when I was 19, now I can't be frickin bothered.

Yes, I did say "frickin".

Sorry.

El Chuxter
12-09-2002, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't have gone to see a show by this joke of a band anyway. Now if Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt, Dizzy, and Gilby got together, I'd definitely check that out. Heck, I'd not be adverse to Buckethead joining them onstage once Axl decides to fire the entire band again. What a crackpot that Axl is! :crazed:

Jedi Drew
12-12-2002, 08:36 AM
Just heard on the radio that they have canceled the rest of the tour. They were in Cleveland a few weeks ago and I was gonna go but "I said to myself" why should I pay good money to see a band that won't have the new CD out till June or July??? If even then. I did see them back in 90 or 91 and they put on a good show-but that was with the old band...Slash ect. I don't know about this "NEW" line up. :confused: :confused:

El Chuxter
12-12-2002, 12:03 PM
That "new CD" has been supposedly coming out "soon" for almost eight years. Every time Axl changes a band member (which until recently was almost weekly), he scraps everything and starts over. At one point, Shaquille O'Neal was supposed to rap on one track. Just shows what an idiot Axl has become in his insanity.