PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to memorabilia then?

Emperors_Hand_2211
11-17-2002, 05:13 AM
I thought the wider gaps between stalls were a welcome addition.
There didn't seem to be many big dealers there but saying that I was pleased with what I got.
Managed to get all the figures I needed to finish POTJ for 5 or less, most for 3-4.
Picked up the three anniversary 2 packs for 8 pound each.
Also found a replacement Darth Vader lightsaber, worth every one of the 3000 pennies I paid for it.

As general interest R2Dtoys had the gunship for 49 and had the new xmas R2/3PO set for 20, which I thought was pretty reasonable.

Best price on Star Toys stuff was 12 a figure. Don't think I'm gonna bother with them though.

gibbspaulus
11-17-2002, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the report - glad to know you found some bargains. I love the whole thing of going round spotting what you want and then checking prices all around. At Expo this year I was looking for Watto but he was, like, 8! Two stalls later i got him, Ric Olie, Flashback Artoo and Leia - bundled in a bag for a fiver. Laugh!

kadamontaga
11-17-2002, 07:54 AM
Me and my girlfriend went. It was brill, we'd never been before.
I wasn't really looking for SW stuff yesterday, we were hunting down some of the wants on our Simpsons list and we did great - got some real bargains.
It was great to see the people in costumes, and have a close look at some props and replicas (including Master Replicas). There realy was some great stuff on offer, and some of it pretty cheap too.
I'm glad R2Dtoys had a gunship set up, I hadn't seen one in person before. I though it looked crap, but it was nice to see it in person. The new landspeeder looks great.

All in all, a fab day. And i'd recommend the Early Bird tickets to anyone - we got nearly all of our stuff within the first hour.

jedi_uk73
11-17-2002, 01:35 PM
Just got back myself from Memo. (Sunday)

First time I had been, very impressed.

Spent loads of cash :)

New additions from Memo ;

Toy Fair Vader
Jorg Sacul + C2 souvenir book
Vintage C-3PO MOC
Vintage R2-D2 MOC
Full Set of German Kinder SW Hippos

Kenny Baker signed my Silver R2
Peter Mayhew - signed photo
Garrick Hagon - signed photo
Jeremy Bullock - signed photo

Also met John from R2dtoys, what a great bloke, very fiendly & helpful. He helped me aquire my Jorg & TF Vader (at a better price).

Was nice to see a few Stormtroopers walking around too, they liked posing for the camera :D

Next Memo is in April, so will have to go to that one too.

mightywhelk
11-18-2002, 07:52 AM
I went on Saturday and was very pleased. I didn't really know what I wanted this time round but I soon snapped up some bargains. I finally got a Bo'marr Monk for a reasonable price and put my haggling skills into good effect. R2Dtoys had a good stall and the bloke was very helpful.

I spoke to the lady from redpumkin who told me that they will be revamping their website in the new year to concentrate on selling that way. Their prices were good so they will certainly be one to watch.

The funniest thing was the American wrestlers that are now just fat, mulleted old men : )

Already started a fund for April - Just after my birthday so I'll have to really treat myself.