PDA

View Full Version : AT-TE Carrier/Transport Gunship, will we get one?

Turbowars
11-17-2002, 11:58 AM
What do you guys think the chances of Hasbro giving us a AT-TE Carrier/Transport Gunship? Now that I have the DVD, I paused it and the carrier only has one cockpit, so maybe it would be cheaper. I guess we need a AT-TE 1st. here's a shot of the Transport from the DVD

Val Da Car
11-17-2002, 12:21 PM
TB here is a possible clue of upcoming AoTC stuff.. from EE

Cheaper republic Gunship....hmmm less material=Transport Gunship?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84840

Federation Tank Vehicle = AT-TE

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84941

There still is the Geonosian ships and the HailFire droid tanks due in March/April of 2003....

This was covered in another thread but for reference anyway

Clan Driod link (eta March 2003)

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84975

Geonosian Fighter (also March 2003)

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84976

so there ya go 2 bad guy vehicles & 2 good guy vehicles.

as well as the rumored clone trooper 4 packs....

Let ACPin loose on diorama building with these guys!!!!

MICHAELFRIGHT SPFX
11-17-2002, 11:44 PM
Some of you might know me as the guy who built the Sandcrawler and the AT-AT Walker or the 35ft Tantive IV. I am currently working on 2 AT-TEs to scale with the 3-3/4 inch line of figures. My estimates put the model at about 6ft in length.

For those interested in working from my recipe, check out

www.pegwarmer.com (http://www.pegwarmer.com)

for directions.

Michael Fright

Jargo
11-18-2002, 04:34 PM
If hasbro were to make a scaled down AT-TE which would seem likely should it happen. Then I reckon an AT-TE carrier would be cool to go with it. In fact, given how mch less of the gunship frame there is on the carrier even down to not having those cone shaped top pieces, they could pack the carrier in with the AT-TE. This would push up the price somewhat but if the carrier is pretty much simply wings and cockpit with the grabbing mechanism then it shouldn't push the price too high. If the AT-TE has some small compromises made in the design like only having one interior space for troopers, the scale being smaller, it'll make it easier to produce and cheaper to produce.
It's all ver y well saying that it should be scaled correctly but none of the vehicles are scaled correctly. Most are half scale and some are scaled down by one third. I think just to have the AT-TE would be something. It's a unique design, the legs are funky and the top cannon is cool. but apart from the legs and the gun it doesn't do much. Adding in the carrier with a single pilot cockpit and the grabbing arms just gives it that edge that would make it a must buy vehicle.

Michael, it's cool that you make the larger scale vehicles but i suspect for most people they don't have six feet of room to devote to a scale AT-TE. I think for most people they only have space for a Hasbro scale one. :)

Val Da Car
11-18-2002, 07:12 PM
Michael rocked my world....I am moving and now I have to make sure that the diorama I want to make for the Geonosian battle can include a AT TE that will ROCK the house....

JEDIpartner
11-18-2002, 08:46 PM
I had read or heard that the LAAT/c and the LAAT/v versions are slightly larger than the LAAT/i that we currently have.

Okay... it's in the new INSIDER with Jango on the cover.

Jargo
11-18-2002, 09:06 PM
But even so, with a smaller scale they would still go nicely together as one super pack, just like a Jedi starfighter with hyperdrive ring would go nicely together. Achievable but just slightly more expensive.

JEDIpartner
11-18-2002, 09:10 PM
Aye, it WILL be expensive... I'll be passing on the larger ships until at least the next film... unless something truly amazing is released.

Turbowars
11-18-2002, 09:22 PM
One thing I just thought about was, a Carrier might not sell well if it doesn't come with a AT-TE. What would a kid do with a carrier alone? How would it be packaged? The box would have to show the carrier holding or dropping the AT. It may be deceiving. Although Hasbro put all the figures on the Arena box and it didn't even come with one.

SplFrcsCWO
11-19-2002, 02:44 AM
I'd definitely grab one if it were made. The gunship line is awesome. It would be nice to have room to fit troops properly.

187-Maul
11-19-2002, 12:18 PM
I just wanted to compliment you, Michael Fright, on the AWESOME work you have done with the vehicles till now
I didn't know you had made a sailbarge too, it looks great

jedi master sal
11-19-2002, 12:45 PM
I suspect that we will get an AT-TE. This is by far the best land vehicle IMHO.

It would be on scale with the AT-AT but decidely shorter.

Knowing the previous scales of vehicles, I can see there being only room for one "driver" in the cockpit, one gunner in the top cannon , and possible room for four clonetroopers in the passneger hold.

A nice pack-in would be the driver and/or top cannon trooper.

I highly doubt we'll see a carrier. It didn't see much screen time and isn't in demand. Including it with the AT-TE makes it too BIG. Remember stores have gotten burned too many times with large vehicles. Including the carrier with the AT-TE definitely pushes this into the large vehicle scale. I agree that the carrier would not be packaged alone, again low consumer demand and I just can't see even every collector getting one of those.

Of course I would buy it, but I think it's not unreasonable to just get the AT-TE.

Jargo
11-19-2002, 04:31 PM
Agreed. The AT-TE is more feasible as a release alone. The carrier idea was just sort of a throw away thing. Nice idea but not very practical for the reasons you stated. It would be a big package but thinking about it, i can see more people going for a large two vehicle pack that has tons of action and play potential over something like the royal starship which although half playset was poorly executed and very flimsy. It was essentially a dols house approach with the royal starship and made it a bit girly. The AT-TE and carrier is more of a traditional boys toy type of thing and i could see kids going nuts for that as well as collectors. Interconnectability, action features, a war theme, a big tank that walks, room for plenty of 'soldiers'... sounds supremely sexy to me and I would definately buy two. Because over all the AT-TE would work out half the size of the AT-AT and the carrier is a gutted out gunship with two armature additions I reckon it could be done at a squeeze. A tight squeeze but just about achievable. It would depend on how well the line does this coming year and how well the clone wars cross platform thing does. if that takes off then kids will be literally going nuts for clonetrooper toys.

Turbowars
11-19-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal

I highly doubt we'll see a carrier. It didn't see much screen time and isn't in demand.

Why do you say there isn't a demand? Heck, almost all the figures that have been made in the SAGA line have had no demand. Remember, I said almost, not all. Hasbro throws out what they think we want, not what we really do want. Almost everyone complains about the figures they do produce. Hasbro will give us a carrier if they want to. I would say that Ephant Mon is the only figure I was dieing for, oh but the Clone Pilot is bad @ss to.

Jargo
11-19-2002, 09:09 PM
If you look at the list of stuff for next year, which may or may not be final, there are a lot of figures and products listed that people have been asking for these last few years. If we just keep the faith and keep asking, sooner or later Hasbro might actually get the mesage and make this thing. In fact I'd say it's more likely we'll get the AT-TE and carrier combo than a larger scale Millenium falcon. The falcon would be a one piece affair and too big to package, whereas this combo would be far easier to squeeze into a box. Take the legs and gun off the AT-TE and it squishes up nicely, take the wings and grabbing arms off the carrier and that too would fit across the AT-TE nicely all squished up. So you could get theis pair into a fairly small box. Don''t bother with the window packaging and you just shove it in and push down hard and there it is all tucked in. :) I'm fairly confident that Hasbro could pull this off and not push the price up too high considering they'll be saving money hand over fist with all the re-used molds next year.