PDA

View Full Version : 2003!!! IS bringing more than we thought!!!

neonblade
11-17-2002, 12:34 PM
let me put it this way--------- AT-AT !!!! yes yes yes! I'm not sure is we're allowed to put other sites but it's official- set number #4483 AT-TE- check big lego websites on monday for pics and 2 more other sets are coming, like a technic hailfire droid- ( I have no iadea why it would be technic. I am not %100 sure though

neonblade:D

ACPin
11-17-2002, 06:22 PM
The AT-TE has been announced for quite sometime now. It really looks like a banner year for Lego in 2003 as they've refocused on the Collectors. Can't wait to get my hands on the new products hopefully before the holiday season!

neonblade
11-17-2002, 07:38 PM
IT was an extreme wishap,

What I really meant was set #4483 is an AT-AT, not an AT-TE- The Big walker from empire strikes back, lol that one, so sry to every one- THE AT-AT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Jangu Fett
11-18-2002, 08:16 PM
Lego will show pics of the new AT-AT, Monday! :D Along with two other sets, THAT"S AWESOME!!!:D :D

Neonblade, where did you get this info??? Can you give us a link? I'm not doubting you. I just want to see this news. You know:

"Let me look upon you.............. er, I mean this with my own eyes."- Darth Vader( ROTJ );)

Darth Brick
11-19-2002, 04:44 PM
Jeez. Why is it the only way to get Clone Troopers is in the really big sets?

Jangu Fett
11-19-2002, 07:11 PM
I hope this AT-AT we're talking about isn't one of those mini sets. FBTB.net has a photo of a mini AT-AT, for release in 2003. Something like 96 pieces and going to be priced at $6.99.

neonblade
11-19-2002, 08:10 PM
well The at-at is not the mini one, and it is tuesday and i have not seen any pics of neither the large at-at or the mini scale one. If any one has the link to the mini scale at-at or the large one please post it here. I found my info out at lugnet.com which i hope i'm allowed to say, just check under TOP STORIES in a black box to the top left corner."Okay guys, now we have #4483 AT-AT 2003!!!" Is the title of the post
so check it out and let me know what you think
o and i almost forgot, we shouldn't be dissapointed with it, because it will probably be priced around $120-$130 which would make it the most expensive mini fig set in the sw line
happy huntings
neonblade

JediTricks
11-19-2002, 08:41 PM
4483 would DEFINITELY be the Mini AT-AT, the set number corresponds perfectly since the first 4 Mini sets are set# 4484 (X-wing & Vader's TIE), 4485 (podracers), 4486 (Snowspeeder & AT-ST), and 4487 (Jedi Starfighter & Slave I).

BTW, I finally figured out that the 2 pods on the TIE Bomber will be painted Lego astromech bodies.

LTBasker
11-19-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
BTW, I finally figured out that the 2 pods on the TIE Bomber will be painted Lego astromech bodies.

Yeah they're being used quite a bit more now like for Anakin's Hotrod's engines and engine pieces on an Alpha Team set plus I'm sure many other sets. One thing that has me curious is are the pieces gonna be squeezed tight enough by the other pieces so that they won't go turning around on the technic bar. 'Course they put these magnet holder pieces on the wings that have the tabs on the sides of the pieces and I thought they were unneeded, maybe they're supposed to stablize the pods?

Sweden
11-20-2002, 01:17 AM
When I first saw this post and the original post from where these news came from I was thrilled and curious about the AT-AT and the Hailfire Droid and I believed what the guy was telling us as nothing’s impossible but I’m amazed that no one tried to hang that guy at all. ;)

Since the AT-AT is another one of the most requested sets by Star Wars LEGO fans it was bound to happen that The LEGO Group would release it sometime soon but there are however some very important questions that comes into mind when thinking about this future release.

The AT-AT is quite a large vehicle and in order to do justice to the design and have a product that’s attractive enough to both young builders and adult collectors and to boost sales figures it’d have to be quite large and detailed and that would mean quite an expensive set in the line.

When it comes to “System” scale I truly find it hard to believe that The LEGO Group can and would release a System AT-AT set in the $100.00 to $130.00 price range along with the 7190 Millennium Falcon as a stable and playable set most definitely would cost more then that.

I might be wrong about that but I’m possitive that a System scale AT-AT set will be the most expensive set released in that line as it’d have to be stable and playable enough and that’s only achived with a larger construction in what I think would be a $150.00 to 200.00 price range.

And that’s what the original post hinted at as it mentioned a set that seemed to be quite large and that were in the $120.00 to $200.00 price range and I got the impression that the set were about in the same size as the smaller custom versions we seen here and there on the Internet.

With smaller I mean smaller then Shaun Sullivan’s awesome “true” System scale AT-AT.

I rather pay up to $200.00 for a really good System scale AT-AT set then a $100.00 one in the style of the 7127 Imperial AT-ST set that in my opinnion is the most disappointing sets that The LEGO Group has released so far and the mentioning of a $100.00 price tag worries me.

I quote Mr. Tim Saupé of the “From Bricks to Bothans” website:

“Ok. The official comment at this time is 'no comment'. So I'll play along with that. Discuss as you wish, as I do not consider this a leak at this time.

From what I am hearing, this Japanese show showcased quite a few items that they were not supposed to. However, it was a sanctioned event, so...

However, I will play rumor killer - there is no $200 AT-AT coming, nor is there a $70 TECHNIC Hailfire Droid coming.

But you may consider yourself an official fool if you don't mark Sunday, February 16th on your calendar. You've been warned. ;)”

End quote.

Sounds both promising and disappointing but we’ll all see.

Personally I’d preffer to see the release of a “Sculptures” or “Ultimate Collector Series” set of the All-Terrain Armoured Transport being very much into scale and details being a former model kit builder and collector but hopefully we’ll get both a System and model version.

JediTricks, the set number also corresponds with the 4475 JABBA’S MESSAGE, 4476 JABBA’S PRIZE, 4477 T-16 SKYHOPPER, 4478 GEONOSIAN FIGHTER, 4479 T.I.E. BOMBER, 4480 JABBA’S PALACE and 4482 AT-TE sets in the System set line. ;)

And as The LEGO Group said themselves there’s no special logic with their numbers.

That’s my 2c on this topic.

Kindest regards,

Lars ”Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

fourtwo
11-20-2002, 12:47 PM
i for one am glad its not a larger scale set. i really, really like what lego has done here with the mini sets.
i don't have the money it takes to support a "hardcore" lego habit, and neither do most kids or kids parents. not to mention that system sets aren't usually as nice as they "should" be.
anyways, i see stuff like this in pluses and minuses. here are my "two cents".

PLUSES: this gives everyone a chance to build a fleet of these things for relativley cheap, if they can find enough of em on the pegs or sideclips that is. its not another SSD or RBR that only people with lots of loot can afford.

MINUSES: don't see any right now...two thumbs way up!. ask me later though :D

neonblade
11-20-2002, 05:07 PM
look every one,
if u went to the link i posted above at my last reply and went there and read it, you would see that this japanese guy clearly states that " the large impressive at-at" would go for around $120, geese people i know what i read, please check it out, and please don't reply saying it's the mini scale one

neonblade

Jangu Fett
11-20-2002, 06:55 PM
I have to agree with neonblade. I went to the link he suggested and he is right. From what I remember the guy does say that it was going for around $120 to $200. He THINKS. He doesn't know.

neonblade
11-20-2002, 07:30 PM
Thank you jangu fett,

I appreciate every one's attention to this thread, and hope you will give any new info on the at-at

Sweden
11-20-2002, 10:28 PM
I also agree with Neonblade as I went to that link myself and I thought it was pretty clear that the guy at the LUGNET website was talking about a large System scale AT-AT set and that the price for it were 23000.00 Yen or as that guy thought at around $120.00 to $200.00.

If my buddy and I haven’t calculated totally wrong 23000.00 Yen is around $190.00.

I’ve heard and seen talk about this price thing and that LEGO were supposed to be more expensive in Japan, that might be the case but I don’t know, but to me the price of $190.00 makes sense as I think a System scale AT-AT set would be in that price range due to size.

That’s my 2c on this topic once again.

Kindest regards,

fourtwo
11-20-2002, 10:53 PM
but... the mini AT AT seems to be happening, and that is a bit more exciting to me.
sets i can afford are better than sets i can't afford.

JediTricks
11-20-2002, 10:59 PM
I don't remember them on any Alpha Team sets, but I do remember them on the Anakin speeder (now that you mentioned it ;)). I highly doubt they'll use a standard technic rod for these sets though, I predict them using black technic plugs (the ones with high friction) for these MINIs.

Sweden, good call, I totally spaced those other sets, I'd be real surprised if 4483 wasn't the MINI AT-AT though. I can't see the expensive 4482 AT-TE being a lead-up to a more expensive vehicle of similar name and build.

There's a really cool custom System Hailfire droid in the Lego Club magazine this month as part of the Geonosis Arena custom diorama they made, the wheels are those half-technic/half-clicky pieces, it looks really cool.

I also would like a much larger AT-AT than something like the Falcon, but I'm not sure most would be willing to pay it, so they might have to go a little Jack Stone with the design to sell it to average buyers.

Originally posted by neonblade
if u went to the link i posted above at my last reply and went there and read it, you would see that this japanese guy clearly states that " the large impressive at-at" would go for around $120, geese people i know what i read, please check it outWhat link? This thread has no links at all. It seems so easy to mistake the 4482 AT-TE at a glance with an AT-AT, the AT-TE is quite impressive for a LEGO SW walker.

UPDATE - Ah, it's a non-link, it was a mention of Lugnet's site but not linked, I see it now. Also, the guy says it was 23,000 yen which he thinks translates to $120-200, but it's actually $188 - if the sign said 2,300 yen, that'd be only 18 bucks, a lot closer to the price of the MINI AT-AT. There's also anonymous photos of the show itself that supposedly show no big AT-AT present at the Lego display.

Ultimately, I don't know for sure either way, but I'm not expecting to see a system AT-AT when I get to Toy Fair in 3 months.

Sweden
11-20-2002, 11:55 PM
fourtwo, I get your point but trust me when I say I’ll be on bread and water for a while...

Because I will after this... ;)

JediTricks, we’ll see in the near future wether there’s going to be one or not...

It’d be nice though... ;)

Kindest regards,

neonblade
11-21-2002, 03:30 PM
Thanks every one for the replys,

as you all know, the at-at is almost %90 that it will be a set, but what about others? over at fbtb, there is a lego officla named tim who gives us hints and rymes to teasse lego fans, here's his one for the rest of the lego sets coming a little later in 2003,

"Three announcements yet to come
One to leave you curious
One to leave you thrilled
The last to leave you stunned"

http://pub124.ezboard.com/fthefbtbcommunityfrm1.showMessage?topicID=3209.top ic
I hope u can to the link above, it is the thread from the lego tim,
good luck,

neonblade

Jangu Fett
11-21-2002, 06:47 PM
He also said that on Monday, he'll tells us the news. 4 days to go. Is anyone else drooling?????

neonblade
11-21-2002, 08:07 PM
oh,

so jangu, tim ment this upcoming monday, her i thought he ment this monday, 4 days ago. I thought we just got ripped off. Gosh I can't wait to see the one that tim said would um... wait...let me think, well the one that will suprise us.... I can only hope,

neonblade

Jangu Fett
11-21-2002, 08:39 PM
I hope so, I may be wrong. But this past Monday, there was no big news on FBTB. Who knows. Tim may get the Ok, to spill the beans, early. It has happened before. Tim, give us little hints and says that, the next week we'll all find out what he's talking about. Only to have Tim tell, or show everyone the next day.

But he did say Monday he'd get verification. And chances are good that once he get that verification, he'll let us know.

And he also said " Now if the MINI sets made you curious, and the STAR DESTROYER stunned you........Just what do you think will leve you thrilled?.?;) "

neonblade
11-21-2002, 09:05 PM
That sounds about right jangu,
some say that the mini line is going to release bigger minis by themeselves that remind me of af to mm, isn't it funny lol - o boy o boy o boy i hope monday brings some great news or even better, PICTURES!!!!

Sweden
11-21-2002, 09:12 PM
Neonblade, as far as I know and understand Mr. Tim Saupé of the “From Bricks to Bothans” website and forum isn’t a LEGO official but a fan of the product line who has established some sort of connection with The LEGO Group and therefore receive news sometimes. ;)

Mr. Tim Saupé said this a month ago or so: “Three announcements yet to come.”

One to leave you curious: That was the announcement of the MINI BUILDING SETS.

One to leave you stunned: That was the announcement of the STAR DESTROYER.

One to leave you thrilled: That announcement is yet to come.

Then the information about a System scale AT-AT set being showed of at some LEGO show in Japan surfaced on the Internet and Mr. Tim Saupé said he’d look into it and from what I understood he didn’t know about a System scale AT-AT set being released next year.

I believe that most people on the Internet thought that the System scale AT-AT showed off at that show in Japan were the third “One to leave you thrilled” announcement but judging from Mr. Tim Saupé’s reaction I assume that this wasn’t the last announcement he talked about.

As far as what can be read about at Mr. Tim Saupé’s “From Bricks to Bothans” forum he said on the 17th of November that he’d look into it and that he’d get back to it on Monday the 18th but it wasn’t until Tuesday the 19th he’d finally gotten the answer from The LEGO Group.

On page one of this post I qouted Mr. Tim Saupé but once again the official word from The LEGO Group about the System scale AT-AT set was “no comment” but that we were asked to drop by his website on Sunday the 16th of February 2003 for some kind of announcement.

So until that date we’ll have to guess and speculate. ;)

Kindest regards,

Jangu Fett
11-21-2002, 09:56 PM
Right, with the 2003 Toyfair coming up. Everyone would be a little bit tight lipped. Not wanting to give away any info at what might be at the shows. We will probably have to wait til January/Febuary for any new photos to be released.

My mistake I didn't look at the date. Sorry to get you all excited Neonblade.

Sweden
11-21-2002, 10:06 PM
Jangu Fett, you’re absolutely right about the upcoming 2003 Toyfair and that LEGO are being tight lipped about any possible release of a System scale AT-AT set because of that and it’s no wonder if they want to keep it a secret as it’d be a great announcement for LEGO fans.

But hey Jangu Fett... No need to apologize for that at this very “friendly” forum. ;)

Kindest regards,

JediTricks
11-21-2002, 11:50 PM
I've not found Lego to be tight-lipped about toy fair in the past 3 years that I've been working at this site, which is another reason I'm quite skeptical about this one. Mind you, I'm not suggesting any of you be skeptical, merely that I am skeptical.