PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Figure list Thread (Merged)

Battle Droid
11-17-2002, 05:56 PM
Collection 1 Basic Figures 84851

Wave 5 (February)
84870 Obi Wan Spear Throwing
84918 Mace Windu (Total Control)
84919 Darth Tyranus (Lightning Burst)
84927 Anakin Skywalker (Mechanical Arm and Super Arm Articulation)
84920 Classic Boba Fett (Quick Draw)
84922 Flying R2-D2

Wave 6 (May)
84959 Han Solo (Hoth)
84960 Chewbacca (Mynock Hunt)
84977 Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
84978 Darth Vader (ROTJ)
84979 Snowtrooper (ESB)

Wave 7 (August)
Jango Fett (Clone Wars)
Clone Trooper (Clone Wars)
Yoda (Clone Wars)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Clone Wars)
Mace Windu (Clone Wars)

Wave 8 (October)
Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars)
Count Dooku (Clone Wars)
Kit Fisto (Clone Wars)

Collection 2 Basic Figures 84861

Wave 10 (2002) January '03
84993 Rebel Trooper (New Head Sculpt)
84994 Imperial Officer (New head Sculpt)
84995 Eeth Koth
84996 Teebo

Wave 2 (February)
84923 Padme Amidala (with soft cloak and articulation)
84924 SP4 and JN66 (Library Droid 2 Pack)
84921 Tusken Raider with Removable Head
84925 Lama Su and Clone Boy
84928 Twilek Jedi with super articulation
84926 Barriss Offee

Wave 3 (June)
84969 Yoda with Padawan Jedi (2-pack)
84970 Alien Padawan Jedi 2 Pack (Shakti and Shape Shifter)
84989 Padme in Wedding Dress
84990 Wat Tambor
84991 Coleman Trebor

Wave 4 (October)
Waitress Droid
Faytonni Cantina Alien
2nd Cantina Alien
Darth Sidious
Bail Organa
Fan's Choice #4 McQuarrie Stormtrooper

Deluxe Figure Assortment 47124

Wave 2 (April)
84949 Force Power Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino)
84950 Flying Jango Fett (Kamino)
84957 Commerce Guild Spider Droid
84958 Droid Factory

Wave 3 (July)
84986 Destroyer Droid Launcher
84987 Clone Trooper 4 Pack
84992 Battle Droid 3 Pack

Wave 4 (October)
84836 Jedi Knight 3 Pack
84986 Geonosian Gun

Saga Scene Packs 84929

Wave 1 (January)
84930 A New Hope Trash Compactor (Luke and Han)
84931 A New Hope Trash Compactor (Leia and Chewie)

Wave 2 (June)
84981 Jedi Council with 3 figures
84980 Geonosian War Room with 3 figures
84982 Coruscant Night Club with 3 figures

Wave 3 (August)
Tatooine Homestead
Hoth Wampa Attack

Speeder Vehicle Assortment 84887

Wave 3 (February)
84933 Anakin with Tatooine Speeder
84934 Dooku with Geonosis Speeder

84976 Geonosian Fighter (June)
84975 Bank Clan Droid (June)

Republic Gunship with more firepower (June)

Action Fleet Assortment 46796

Wave 4 (January)
47267 Republic Gunship
47305 Classic Slave 1
47425 Troop Transport Federation

Wave 5 (April)
47768 Walker Droid
47766 Anakin Speeder
47767 Zam Speeder

Wave 6 (July)
47994 Jedi Starfighter
47995 Star Destroyer
47997 Mon Calamari Cruiser

Unleashed 84894

Wave 1 (January)
84936 Slave Leia
84945 Vader Redux

Wave 2 (April)
84947 Luke Skywalker
84948 Darth Sidious
84946 E2 Obi Wan Kenobi

Wave 3 (June)
84983 Yoda
84984 Han Solo
84985 Boba Fett

Electronic Lightsaber Assortment 84886

84961 Yoda (January)

Exclusives:

TOYS R US/AMAZON.COM

267890900 12" Leia Boussh with Carbonite Block

Super Deformed Electronic Assortment 261890902
26402 Jango Fett
26404 R2-D2
26403 C-3PO
26193 Yoda
26401 Battle Droid

Multipacks
321320900 3 3/4 Figure 4 Pack Refresh - Jedi Hunters
267030900 3 3/4 Figure 4 Pack Refresh - Rescue on Hoth
3 /4 Figure Pack Refresh- Rebel Alliance

267010900 Naboo Fighter with Padme Pilot

FAN CLUB/INTERNET/DIAMOND

3 3/4 Troop Builder 4 Packs
Sandtroopers
Imperial Scout Troopers

12"
26759 Jedi Council- Plo Koon
Jedi Council- Saesee Tiin

KAYBEE

32502 12" Gamorrean Guard
267020900 TIE Fighter with Imperial Figure

TARGET

Action Fleet Mini-Vehicle Refresh Assortment 325480901
32201 Desert Skiff and Jabba the Hutt
32204 Cloud Car with Pilot
32203 Gian Speeder with Captain Panaka

Action Fleet Mini-Vehicle Refresh II 325480902
Hoth Encounter
Arena Battle
Droid Fighters

Accessory Set With 3 3/4 Figure Wave 1 325320901
32017 Yavin Hangar with Rebel Technician
32018 Jabba's Palace with Gamorrean Guard
32019 Gungan Defense with Gungan Warrior

Accessory Set With 3 3/4 Figure Wave 2 325320902
Endor Celebration with C-3PO
Death Star Station with Imperial Gunner
Droid Factory with CZ-1

26750 A-Wing Figher with Pilot
26700 12" Leia Endor with Speederbike

WALMART

Cantina Alien Scene Assortment Wave 2 325390901
32541 Kitik Keed'Kak
32559 Doctor Evazan
32563 Wuher

3 3/4 Figure with Speeder Assortment 26768
26770 Zam Wessel and Speeder
26771 Obi-Wan and Speeder

26795 3 3/4 Sandcrawler with Droid and Jawas

12" Tatooine Aliens Assortment
Sy Snootles
Droopy McCool

3/34 Holiday 2003 Set (R2 and C-3PO)

FAO Schwarz

324870680 Shuttle Tyderium

Val Da Car
11-17-2002, 06:00 PM
Wow...shame they start the year off with re hash figure....maybe the rescuplt might make them look better?

otherwise start saving $$$ now...cause will we be broke all year...

Beast
11-17-2002, 06:03 PM
Can I start drooling now? Thanks for posting up the new list Battle Droid. Galactic Hunter has been pretty good lately with the scoops, so I think we can figure that is list is about 90% accurate. If so, next year is going to be pretty damn cool. I hope that later in the year we get a few more non-main charecters though. All those re-sculpts of Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Mace Windu is going to be a bit much. But it still sounds like a good year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-17-2002, 06:09 PM
Caution Emperor JarJar, we must have caution. While this list brings promises of riches beyond reason we must be mindful that it simply lures us to the greedy side. Count no chickens until the sun has set upon the carded pictures....... :zzz:

Beast
11-17-2002, 06:10 PM
I know that caution is called for in these cases, Jargo. But alot of things on the list have appeared before. Plus Galactic Hunter has been spot on, as of late.

Just noticed this in the list, wanted to comment on it. I'll have more comments later as things come to mind from reading. :)

Droid Factory with CZ-1

Are our prayers of a C-3PO that can sit down, with the Ewok Throne finally coming true? Please let this list be true. The often requested CZ-1 droid sounds fantastic also. I feel like dancing. The gunner is good for those army building folks as well. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-17-2002, 06:17 PM
Okay, I'll be honest and admit that I got a little moist reading this. I'm disappointed at so many exclusives though, and so many exclusive items we're all going to want. Hasbro UK have said they'll try to bring some of this stuff across the pond but still, it means everything at inflated prices. I'm not really moaning just thinking how much better it would have been if everything was available to everyone. Share ans share alike I say.
There's some sexy sounding pieces on that list though and I'm going to do my best to hide all this from my partner because I'm sure it'll lead to a brain seizure at the thought of how much money is going to go out the window next year on toys... and we were just talking about a new kitchen suite too....... Kitchens? Who cares about kitchens when there's toys to be had!!! :D

Slacker Jedi
11-17-2002, 06:28 PM
I assume the "Twilek Jedi" is Aayla Secura???

Beast
11-17-2002, 06:34 PM
It looks like they may be going to 3 figures with the Screen Scenes. Which sort of makes sense, because the Trash Compactor sets use up the third figure spot with the trash and Dianoga. These sets will be wonderful if true. I just wanted to offer a little speculation on what could be included. :)

Wave 2 (June)
84982 Coruscant Night Club with 3 figures

Wave 3 (August)
Tatooine Homestead
Hoth Wampa Attack

Jedi Council - I'm going to venture a guess for the Jedi Council set. Most likely this is how we'll get Yareal Poof and Oppo Rancisis, since their large size would make carding difficult. Hopefully the 3rd figure is Yaddle or Even Piell. :)

Geonosian War Room - I think we should most likely finally get Poggle the Lesser in this set. And E2 Nute Gunray is likely as well. The third figure will probably be Dooku, knowing how Hasbro works. But I'll still hope that it's Nute's assistant.

Geonosian Night Club - Nice to see that we're finally going to get somthing from there. We have Lt. Faytonni and an un-named figure in the basic line. Hopefully Ackh Med-Beq is the figure, or he's included in the Screen Scene. The three I would go with, would be Ayy Vida, Elan Sleazebaggano, and maybe the Tey How looking Neimodian. :)

Tatooine Homestead - I assume they will probably continue including three figures in the sets from this point on. So hopefully we will get Cligg Lars w/ Hoverchair, Owen Lars, and Beru Whitesun. I was considering Padme in one of her outfits, but those would easily sell carded. So may as well go with all secondary charecters. :)

Wampa Attack - I think we may go back to two figures for this set. A re-tooled Wampa beast and a newly sculpted Luke: Hoth. Maybe with a small section of the ice cave so that Luke can be suspended hanging from the ceiling. They can even include the carcass of the Tauntaun in one corner. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
11-17-2002, 06:38 PM
I wonder if all the Saga Scenes are Wal-Mart exclusives like the Compactor Sets are?

Beast
11-17-2002, 06:41 PM
They were supposed to be a regular non-exclusive item originally, so I don't even know why the first set became exclusive. I think it's going to be similar to the Cinema Scenes. When those first premiered, they were exclusive to Wal-Mart and TRU. Later on, after the line had proven it's self, they became a regular line that all stores could order. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
11-17-2002, 06:46 PM
Hopefully they'll make more Jedi Council one's so we can have the entire Council Room.

Banthaholic
11-17-2002, 06:46 PM
These are too good to be true, if so looks like it'll be one heck of a good year in 2003!
For those like me that pictures help
CZ-1
http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/cz3/bts.html

Banthaholic
11-17-2002, 07:04 PM
Droid Factory with CZ-1

The accessory set line has got to be one of the coolest. I was watching A New Hope the othr night and just thinking it's a shame that they never made a Gunner-station for the Death Star Trooper. We're slowly but surely assembling that Death Star

Battle Droid
11-17-2002, 07:26 PM
http://pub8.ezboard.com/fthecantina90039frm72.showMessage?topicID=1.topic

There's pics of the list here.

Also listed on it is,

Blue Battle Droid
Dexter Jettster
Jar Jar Senator

I guess those are old figures, but I'm hopeing the Blue Battle Droid is a Pilot Battle Droid.

Also why would old figures be on the list?

It also lists another Troop Builder set, but doesn't say what it is. (Probably Snowtrooper)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-17-2002, 07:28 PM
All I can say is :eek:!

Wolfwood319
11-17-2002, 07:45 PM
Could this be yet another piece in the assembly line, with more Battledroids? That would be cool, especially if it connects with the new Padme and the Dlx 3PO. That would be cool...

Also, I'm stoked about a new Wampa. Especially with the way the other Screen Scenes (Trash Compactors) look, I have hopes for this one.

Wat Tambor...Oh Yeah!

I'm also interested in seeing all of the "Clone Wars" figures. I wonder if they'll be in some "EU" esque setting. Possibly even interconnected to the possible cartoon?

Other than the abundance of resculpts in the beginning, it looks to be a good year. Especially with that Jedi Luke.:D

Jargo
11-17-2002, 07:54 PM
I'll bet that the nightclub set has Lucas' daughter in it. Ahmed Best's character and Aay Vida. Those three are all stood together in the movie and featured quite prominently in a couple of lingering shots. Elan I'll wager will become one of those never produced but much wanted minor characters who actually has lines but gets passed over in favour of more visually interesting characters and you don't get more visually interesting than Aay Vida :D (insert eyebrow waggling smiley here).

The droid factory with CZ-1 could be something that will fit inside the sandcrawler hold space. That would be very cool. CZ-1 would be most welcome in my house should he actually make a plastic 3 3/4 inch debut. :)

Death star station with guner is either the round control station seen in the ist death star control room and detention block or it's the wall controls that operate the death star turbolasers. Or it's the big gun emplacement thing that looks like the gun that came with Slave leia. Which on reflection seems more likely since all it would need is a little tinkering to make it look right. Why waste a mold eh? And that would also suggest a death star gunner with knee articulation. perhaps. There was a rumor of an Emperors throne room playset so it's possible that this was confused with the death star station or this is to fit onto that and it is only the round console. Food for thought, food for thought...

Endor celebration C-3PO wasn't on his throne was he? I thought he was just dancing with Ewoks. In that case he would pack with a small Ewok perhaps. I know, it's an accessory pack, but then maybe he'd have that basket of WOKLINGS we've been muttering about here for ages. A big log fire... OOOOH - maybe the funeral pyre with vader on it! No, too big. What other Endor accessories are left? puzzling....

Hoth Wampa attack I agree that it's just an excuse to get the Wampa out again but hopefully with a better paint job and a new Luke all bloodied up and like JJB said hanging upside down, but then that's hardly an attacking Wampa so wouldn't it be the Wampa dragging Luke across a snow drift? These are display pieces after all so having the wampa all spiffed up and Luke dragging behind is still quite dramatic. Maybe the set will have a dead Tauntaun molded onto the base.?

Tatooine homestead sounds intriguing but i bet like JJB also said it's just the Lars' boys and Beru stood outside a plastic entrance dome. Be nice if there's a moisture vaporator in there too. But I think this will simply be the excuse to get these minor characters out.

Geonosis war room sounds even more promising but then won't this be the set that has the Dooku with the death star plans hologram? Poggle and Dooku with a wall panel backdrop perhaps. The actual war room battle board display would be too big to fit into a small set like these are, you'd need something playset sized to achieve that and just having a bit of the battle board would look daft.

Jedi council I reckon won't contain Yaddle, but rather Even Piell Oppo and Yareal. Even Piell fought in the Geonosis battle and so did Oppo apparently, Yareal is just a really nice figure to have in a set and poor old Yaddle is just too little and too insignificant a character. I'd really love for yaddle to be included but i just can't see it happening. Yaddle and Depa Bilaba would make a nice basic figure pack though.

Old Fossil
11-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Where's R5-D4???

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jargo
11-17-2002, 08:41 PM
Look at the list again and there's a wave missing. There's no wave nine. Perhaps that's where R5 hides with Yarna D'al Gargan.... Good point though, where is R5? Where's Waldo? Where's the beef? Where's the Emperor's throne room playset that was on the rumor lists a few nights back? There's nothing listed on there for March so maybe just maybe there's a few surprises up hasbro's sleeves yet.

Beast
11-17-2002, 08:48 PM
Your right Jargo, that is intresting. And we know that Hasbro loves leaving little suprises for us. Just look at Dexter Jettster, we didn't even know about the figure until about a month before he was released. Hasbro did a good job of keeping him under wraps. So what do they have under wraps for 2003. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Old Fossil
11-17-2002, 08:50 PM
Thank you, gentlemen. You have calmed me, for the moment.

Darth Trymybestus
11-17-2002, 08:56 PM
Wow, I love what's on this list, I think that we will finally get a Poggle the Lesser in that Geonosian War Room diorama.
I'm glad that we'll be getting a Luke Skywalker ROTJ in the same Month as Vader ROTJ, they should go together nicely.

I'm really looking forward to some great resculpts of the main characters, I'm surprised that we're getting the Luke Skywalker Jedi so soon.:)
Those Clone War figures should be cool, hopefully Obi Wan and Anakin with robes and a nice new Dooku and a Yoda.

Wow, we're getting another Jango Fett.. now I'm thinking that because they're all called "Clone Wars", are they figures of this new cartoon that we're supposed to be getting???
I mean, they're resculping every character

And we're getting a NEW Darth Sidious :D

Wave 2 (April)
84947 Luke Skywalker
84948 Darth Sidious
84946 E2 Obi Wan Kenobi

I do wonder... which is this Luke Skywalker? Jar Jar? :)

Beast
11-17-2002, 09:01 PM
DT, I heard that the Darth Vader (redux) in the Unleashed Line will have a removable helmet. So, I am gonna go out on a limb and guess that the Luke in the Unleashed Line will be a Luke: Jedi Knight in some cool pose. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-17-2002, 09:01 PM
Oh yeah, coming back to the Jedi hunters 4-pack for a moment, on an earlier report it was stated that it would be a Twi'Lek, a Rodian, A wookiee and a human jedi knight. Hmmmm, doesn't sound like anything from the movies does it? But when you consider that the Knights of the old republic console game has characters that perfectly fit those specifications then I reckon what we could have here is an EU pack to tie in with a game that LFL are trying to push really hard. I've been over to the lucasarts site and had a look at the screen shots and the artwork and I think it's a nice looking game and the characters while derivative of so much earlier star wars designs are good enough to fit with the other star wars characters if produced as figures.

Ther's obviously going to be a clone wars EU drive next year, that much is certain. Books cartoons comic books and here we have the toys in the figures labelled clone wars. If Hasbro is finally trying to please some of the EU fans, might it make sense to have a big EU jedi 4-pack? food for thought is all.......

Darth Trymybestus
11-17-2002, 09:03 PM
ahhhh those are the unleashed??? :confused:
I thought they were 3 3/4 figures.. ahh I hope we'll get a new Darth Sidious figure someday :)

Rogue II
11-17-2002, 09:08 PM
I like the list, despite the lack of an R5-D4, Jabba, and Yarna. There were some nice suprises there. I noticed the rumored Hoth Chewbacca resculpt turned into a Mynock Hunt Chewbacca. That's fine with me since I didn't buy the POTF2 Cinema Scene. Hopefully, they will pack in a mynock as an accessory.

I am also hoping that Bubo is a pack in with the Gammorean Guard Accessory Set. They took the time to include a new mouse droid and Interrogation droid in the Death Star Accessory pack, so why not Bubo?

Beast
11-17-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus
ahhhh those are the unleashed??? :confused:
I thought they were 3 3/4 figures.. ahh I hope we'll get a new Darth Sidious figure someday :)
Yep, but Darth Sidious appears in the basic figure list as well. Just check out the following section of the 3 3/4" figures. Likely it will be a retooled E1 Darth Sidious. But it doesn't matter, as I doubt that Hasbro could get better then that. :)

Wave 4 (October)
Waitress Droid
Faytonni Cantina Alien
2nd Cantina Alien
Darth Sidious
Bail Organa

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-17-2002, 09:21 PM
2nd cantina alien sounds like Elan Sleazebaggano to me.

If the nighclub 3-pack has Ach Med-Becq, Aay Vida and Lucas' daughter, then that really leaves just Elan. I would imagine that Hasbro will do something similar to the cantina sets with bar sections for these. They'd be daft not to. But saying that...... :rolleyes:

The background nightclub aliens are really only seen for a split second and the rest of the screen time is either on Anakin or Obi or Zam, or the characters mentioned above. So at a rough guess I'd wager that those are the most likely to see plastic effigies made of them.

Although i'd really like the Neimoidian spacer at the back of the club near the entrance. Or the Rodian girls with fur jackets and colored ribbons in their head finnials. But be that as it may I reckon my thoughts might hold just a shred of logic.

Darth Trymybestus
11-17-2002, 09:23 PM
ahhh I'm sorry about that Jar Jar, I guess I read through them too fast :)
Yeah, who cares if it's a re-tooled Episode I Darth Sidious, that figure is damn cool... I just can't find the holographic one :(
I can't wait till we see carded figures of these, it can't be long now till we see a carded Luke Skywalker Jedi or Anakin Skywalker with the metal arm.
As you can tell I'm a fan of the Skywalkers :crazed:

BoShek
11-17-2002, 09:34 PM
Figures from the original trilogy seems to be lacking . . .

Darth Trymybestus
11-17-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by BoShek
Figures from the original trilogy seems to be lacking . . .

ya think? I think we're getting a real broad range to be honest, obviously we're getting a lot of Episode II figures but still a very broad range :)
We're getting Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight :D

LTBasker
11-17-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
TARGET

Action Fleet Mini-Vehicle Refresh Assortment 325480901
32201 Desert Skiff and Jabba the Hutt
32204 Cloud Car with Pilot
32203 Gian Speeder with Captain Panaka

Geez I'm glad these are Battle Packs! They just wouldn't be worth it as regular $10 ship packs. :)

This list is great, I just hope if it's true that it's pulled off well.

The two Clone Wars waves of figures is confusing, the cartoon was rumored to come out at the release of Episode 3. Yeesh, and we thought 2002 was a busy year... :happy:

Jargo
11-17-2002, 09:41 PM
Classic Boba Fett quick draw
Han Solo Hoth
Chewbacca Mynock hunt
Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader
Snowtrooper w/ cannon
Rebel trooper new head
Imperial officer new head
Teebo
Fan's choice stormtrooper concept figure
Trash compactor sets Luke and Han, Leia and chewie
Hoth Wampa attack screen scene set
Rescue on hoth 4-pack
Rebel alliance 4-pack
Sandtrooper and Stormtrooper army builder 4-packs
TIE fighter with Imperial figure
Yavin hangar Rebel technician accessory set
Gamorrean guard accessory set
C-3PO Endor celebration accessory set
Death star gunner Death star station accessory set
Droid factory with CZ-1
A-wing fighter w/ pilot
Kitik Keed'Kak, Dr. Evazan, Wuher cantina bar sets
Sandcrawler with RA-7 and Jawa
Imperial shuttle

where's the OT stuff on the list.....? ;)

squee666
11-17-2002, 09:42 PM
I'm wondering if the Cantina aliens mentioned are from a new Hope? Or are they nightclub aliens. Both woul dbe cool I guess, but I feel it's gonna be a lame year without any original Trilogy Cantina aliens.

Beast
11-17-2002, 09:42 PM
Well, we had all OT figures from 1995-1998. And quite a few OT figures during the POTJ line. Let's give the Prequels a bit of time to expand their ranks a bit. There are alot more figures that still need to be made from the prequels, then there is from the OT. :)

Originally posted by squee666
I'm wondering if the Cantina aliens mentioned are from a new Hope? Or are they nightclub aliens. Both woul dbe cool I guess, but I feel it's gonna be a lame year without any original Trilogy Cantina aliens.
They seem to both be figures from the Nightclub. Since Lt. Faytonni is the Anthony Danials charecter from the Nightclub. No clue as of yet who the second figure is. We may get a third wave of Cantina Aliens from Wal-Mart, you never can tell. Not every year has to have a Cantina Alien, they would run out mighty quick. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

squee666
11-17-2002, 09:44 PM
By the way, I was referring to the October wave of standard figures, not the Walmart exclusives which technically are from this year

Darth Trymybestus
11-17-2002, 09:47 PM
who's getting everything off this list then? :)

I plan to get these:

84918 Mace Windu (Total Control)
84978 Darth Vader (ROTJ)

Jango Fett (Clone Wars)
Yoda (Clone Wars)
Mace Windu (Clone Wars)

Wave 8 (October)
Count Dooku (Clone Wars)
Kit Fisto (Clone Wars)

Wave 2 (February)

Wave 4 (October)
Darth Sidious

Wave 3 (February)

who's gettin what then? :)
I'm not a completist, I just get everything I like which is usually most stuff that Hasbro releases :crazed: :)

Prince Xizor
11-17-2002, 10:21 PM
This is so so so so awesome. I can't wait till next year. I just sure as hell hope Poggle is made, whether it is a basic figure or in that Battle Room set.

Here is what I plan on getting:

Wave 5 (February)
84922 Flying R2-D2

Wave 6 (May)
84959 Han Solo (Hoth)
84960 Chewbacca (Mynock Hunt)
84978 Darth Vader (ROTJ)
84979 Snowtrooper (ESB)

Wave 7 (August)
Yoda (Clone Wars)
Mace Windu (Clone Wars)

Wave 8 (October)
Count Dooku (Clone Wars)
Kit Fisto (Clone Wars)

Collection 2 Basic Figures 84861

Wave 10 (2002) January '03
84993 Rebel Trooper (New Head Sculpt)
84994 Imperial Officer (New head Sculpt)

Wave 2 (February)
84921 Tusken Raider with Removable Head
84928 Twilek Jedi with super articulation
84926 Barriss Offee

Wave 3 (June)
84969 Yoda with Padawan Jedi (2-pack)
84970 Alien Padawan Jedi 2 Pack (Shakti and Shape Shifter)
84989 Padme in Wedding Dress
84990 Wat Tambor
84991 Coleman Trebor

Wave 4 (October)
Faytonni Cantina Alien
2nd Cantina Alien
Darth Sidious
Bail Organa

Deluxe Figure Assortment 47124

Wave 2 (April)
84957 Commerce Guild Spider Droid
84958 Droid Factory

Wave 3 (July)
84986 Destroyer Droid Launcher
84987 Clone Trooper 4 Pack
84992 Battle Droid 3 Pack

Wave 4 (October)
84836 Jedi Knight 3 Pack

Saga Scene Packs 84929

Wave 1 (January)
84930 A New Hope Trash Compactor (Luke and Han)
84931 A New Hope Trash Compactor (Leia and Chewie)

Wave 2 (June)

Wave 3 (August)
Hoth Wampa Attack

Speeder Vehicle Assortment 84887

Wave 3 (February)

84976 Geonosian Fighter (June)
84975 Bank Clan Droid (June)

Republic Gunship with more firepower (June)

Unleashed 84894

Wave 1 (January)
84945 Vader Redux

Wave 2 (April)
84947 Luke Skywalker
84948 Darth Sidious
84946 E2 Obi Wan Kenobi

Wave 3 (June)
84983 Yoda
84984 Han Solo
84985 Boba Fett

Exclusives:

TOYS R US/AMAZON.COM

Multipacks
321320900 3 3/4 Figure 4 Pack Refresh - Jedi Hunters
267030900 3 3/4 Figure 4 Pack Refresh - Rescue on Hoth
3 /4 Figure Pack Refresh- Rebel Alliance

267010900 Naboo Fighter with Padme Pilot

KAYBEE
267020900 TIE Fighter with Imperial Figure

TARGET
Accessory Set With 3 3/4 Figure Wave 1 325320901
32017 Yavin Hangar with Rebel Technician
32018 Jabba's Palace with Gamorrean Guard
32019 Gungan Defense with Gungan Warrior

Droid Factory with CZ-1

26750 A-Wing Figher with Pilot

WALMART

26795 3 3/4 Sandcrawler with Droid and Jawas

FAO Schwarz
324870680 Shuttle Tyderium

Oh Yeah, Its nice to see that FAO gets nothing else except the Shuttle. I am broke enough as it is.

Banthaholic
11-17-2002, 10:29 PM
I don't see a need to keep repeating the list and taking up thread room, but I'll be getting it all

Rogue II
11-17-2002, 10:41 PM
I counted around 30 Classic Trilogy figures/vehicles. That's not too bad.

JangoFart
11-17-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Well, we had all OT figures from 1995-1998. And quite a few OT figures during the POTJ line. Let's give the Prequels a bit of time to expand their ranks a bit. There are alot more figures that still need to be made from the prequels, then there is from the OT. :)

Man, I agree with that 1,000%. As much as I dig the OT, the thought of the billionth Luke, Vader, or Han doesn't do much for me at the moment. I'll take that extra OT figure, but after we milk the prequels to get a larger base of figures; as opposed to mulitiple copies of the same figure.

J

Jedi Law Student
11-18-2002, 12:05 AM
I am very happy to see that the Sandcrawler is going to be a Wal-Mart exclusive, since that's where I do most of my toy shopping anyway. That means I may actually have a chance to get one. I've always wanted the Sandcrawler. It's too bad that they took the R/C feature out, but it still looks really cool!

The Death Star Gunner and CZ-1 deluxes sound pretty neat, too.

Now, my only question about the list is, where is that Episode I queen's handmaiden figure I heard about awhile back??

SirSteve
11-18-2002, 12:15 AM
I can say that a lot of these are correct. Hasbro has told me not to post this list. :(

However, I didn't so and everyone knows now so :)

Wolfwood319
11-18-2002, 12:29 AM
Why would it be "Clone Wars" Jango Fett? Is the battle on Geonosis considered the beginning of the Clone Wars? If so, then I think we may be in line for more resculpts of the figures we already have, (i.e. without robes.) If so, I'll probably pass on both "clone wars" waves.

They'll have to make them really something if they are just more Geonosis Jedi resculpts. Even then, I'll probably pass.

I await final carded pictures before I decide what I'll get and what I won't.

2-1B
11-18-2002, 12:38 AM
SirSteve, has Hasbro said if they are going to release a decent Anakin figure?
I'm still waiting for one, and am apalled that they couldn't get one out during the year of the movie's release. :)

Beast
11-18-2002, 12:40 AM
Caesar, I think there is good chance that the Wedding Anakin and the Clone Wars Anakin could both be decent figures. I think Hasbro was probably struggling with how to do a sleeveless cloak. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
11-18-2002, 12:55 AM
Sleeveless cloak? :confused:

Heck, I'd be happy with an Ani similar to the first TPM Qui and Obi figs. :D

Beast
11-18-2002, 12:59 AM
Yeah, his cloak doesn't have sleeves. Just slits that he can put his arms out thru. They may be having some difficulty figuring out how to do his cloak justice. It is different then the other cloaks, sort of halfway between a normal Jedi cloak and Vader's inner cloak. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bespin_refugee
11-18-2002, 01:41 AM
well, as usual, the wait for the Feb. Toy Fair has been made more painfull by another list (I can't wait to see pix!!!)
I really like the "Screen Scene" concept :)
I like the deluxes (why can't they ALL be like that?!)
looking forward to seeing what 'extras' (ie:bases,etc..) are included w/ some of these.
I also wondered about the "Clone Wars" Jango ???

JangoFart
11-18-2002, 02:43 AM
Oh yeah. Toy Fair.......

Any word on plans for a new exclusive this year?

J

Prince Xizor
11-18-2002, 03:57 AM
Sir Steve,

If Hasbro told you not to post this list, does that mean that they told Galactichunter.com not to post it either, but they went ahead and did it anyway?

Jargo
11-18-2002, 07:51 AM
The clone wars figures will most likely be based on the books and comic books and cartoon series concepts and partly EU. It's a whole consolidated effort on the part of these multimedia companies to make sure it all fits together neatly with no stupid mistakes or out of place information. They'e all working together to make it a massive cross platform experience so there's no reason to think that hasbro wouldn't also be a part of the whole thing. It's likely that the characters will still have their trademark hasbro feel but the accessories and costumes will reflect the relevent storylines they come from as well as most likely the packaging will have some sort of difference to denote which series they form. Sort of like the Shadows of the Empire sub-line.
Only this time everyone seems to be trying to keep withne the scope of the movies and not get too fanciful. They should at least be very interesting. I'm not sure about saying if I'm interested yet because we won't know anything about the scope of all of this until the first comics come out in February.

evenflow
11-18-2002, 08:34 AM
Very cool list.

I am hoping that the Jedi Council 3-pack is Yareal Poof, Oppo, and Even Piell.

On a sad note,
Still no Yarna Da'l Gargan

Darkross
11-18-2002, 11:57 AM
Oh happy day!

This is what I plan to buy next year:

Han Solo (Hoth)
Chewbacca (Mynock Hunt) (??)
Luke Skywalker (ROTJ) (Definitely!)
Darth Vader (ROTJ)
Snowtrooper (ESB) (Definitely!)
Imperial Officer (New head Sculpt) (Definitely!)
Hoth Wampa Attack (Definitely!)
4 Pack Refresh - Rescue on Hoth

Troop Builder 4 Packs
Sandtroopers
Imperial Scout Troopers

TIE Fighter with Imperial Figure (Definitely!)
Death Star Station with Imperial Gunner (Definitely!)
A-Wing Figher with Pilot (???)
Shuttle Tyderium (IF I ONLY COULD AFFORD IT...)

2003 is going to be a great year!

Rogue II
11-18-2002, 12:17 PM
What happened to that rumpred Imperial 4-pack with the black R4, Sandtrooper repainted as a Stormtrooer, EW Vader, and AT-ST driver? Did I just overlook it?

Darth Trymybestus
11-18-2002, 01:36 PM
Yeah, his cloak doesn't have sleeves. Just slits that he can put his arms out thru. They may be having some difficulty figuring out how to do his cloak justice. It is different then the other cloaks, sort of halfway between a normal Jedi cloak and Vader's inner cloak. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I thought it was more like the cloak that Luke Skywalker wears in Jabba's palace?
I guess it'll be awesome when they get it right but we have had 2 awesome Anakin Skywalker figures already... Hangar Duel and Tatooine Attack but I know Hasbro can improve on those :)

Beast
11-18-2002, 01:50 PM
Nope. There was a huge discussion about Anakin's cloak a while back, and a bunch of pictures were posted that showed the slits in the cloak where Anakin sticks his arms out. Let me dig the thread up really quick. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14176

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mtriv73
11-18-2002, 01:57 PM
Ugh,

I want an R5 resculpt! Actually, I want about 10 of them to repaint. Hopefully, it will be added later.

Darth Trymybestus
11-18-2002, 01:57 PM
thanks Jar Jar :)
His cloak is very cool.. I wonder how they'd do it though, I wonder if it would be permanently attached a la Qui Gon Jinn Ep 1 Naboo figure.
Plastic like Luke Skywalker POTF2 Jedi Knight or soft goods like Obi Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter :confused: :)

Darth Trymybestus
11-18-2002, 02:08 PM
I just read that thread.. wow, did it get heated :)
I can now see what you mean Jar Jar, the pic of Anakin with the lightsaber in the studio clearly shows that his cloak has slits for the arms, it's a pretty awesome cloak, VERY Vader-esque :)
I guess it's hard to tell on some pictures because he wraps the cloak around his body but that picture clearly shows it.
Another time when you can clearly see it is in the "trying to do my thing" web documentary when Anakin is on a wire and he hits out with his lightsaber and then gets flung back :)

Beast
11-18-2002, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I should have warned you about that thread. My bad. ;) But yeah, I love his cloak. It definatly gives you a taste of Vader, while still looking Jediesque. But yeah, in the film it's hard to tell sometimes. But in shots in Palpy's office and in the Geonosian Droid Factory, it's easier to see. I wish the quality of that studio picture wasn't quite so bad. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
11-18-2002, 02:26 PM
I just found the link...
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15248

I didn't see it on the list.

Beast
11-18-2002, 02:41 PM
Somebody asked about the Padawan 2-pack, why it was listed as coming with a Shape Shifter padawan. I think Hasbro may be confusing this padawan's species with Zam Wessel's. Since they appear to look similar. Check out this picture, he's the green faced alien in the center. The picture also shows a nice shot of the Togruta (Shaak Ti's species) padawan that is also in the 2-pack. I assume that Liam will be in the Yoda w/ Padawan 2-pack. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-18-2002, 02:48 PM
The shape shifter referred to is Jempa, as identified in the official site's databank a while back, who at the time of the scene in question was using the form of a whiphid child. The other one that's alien is the Nikto child called Chian and the Togruta child is called Ashla

So we get Ashla and Jempa in one pack and an unidentified child with Yoda. I would imagine it'll end up being a human child because kids like to see themselves reflected in the toys they buy. So it's posible that it may be Liam.

I also noticed that aside from there being nothiong listed for March there's nothing listed for either September or November. Rebelscum just reprted that there's supposedly vehicles to go with the clone wars cross platform campaign, some repackaged older vehicles. These will have packaging to reflect the clone wars theme that will obviously differ from the normal saga packaging.

Also i noticed that we are assuming the Lars homestead screen scene is an AOTC one. on this listing it simply says Tatooine homestead, so it could be an ANH one.

I also love the sound of the destroyer droid launcher which sounds like we might finally be getting a rolled up droideka. I remember for episode one they designed a way that a hovering vehicle would drop droidekas into battle and this was rediscussed for episode two but ultimately ditched. Perhaps Hasbro has seen the potential in the design for a great toy. Something that will drop a rolled droideka into the heart of the battle ready to deploy would be delicious. Provideed the droideka was the correct scale and not as awful as the one that came with the episode one R2 carry case.

Similarly the enigmatically titled droid factory sounds very much like the rumored super battle droid builder set. This would probably be similar to the deluxe C-3PO set and have some mechanism for attaching droid parts magnetically or also be interchangeable parts that would work with the other two interchangeable droids. Seems logical to me.

Beast
11-18-2002, 02:55 PM
Thanks, EJ. I couldn't find the names and the detailed info on them when I was pulling it up this time. Nice to see that someone remembered all this. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-18-2002, 03:14 PM
Weird as it sounds, I don't actually make an effort to remember the names but after i scrawl them onto many many want lists they become embedded in my brain. I also remembered Chian because he seems to have named after Doug Chiang, Jempa is an easy one to remember and Ashla rolls off the tongue nicely.

I'm looking forward to getting them, those are the two that I wanted. The Nikto kid seemed a bit bland by comparison. It's a lot of stuff for a non movie year but then the build up to the final movie is going to be massive. Lucas stated that he doesn't think it'll be a commercial success so they seem to be keeping the hype machine going to make sure people want to go see the final chapter fall into place. This clone wars stuff sounds interesting. I think the most interesting part will be how Anakin and Obi figure in it all. That has to be the most enduring question surrounding star wars, how did they get to the point where they end up at loggerheads? How is it that Anakin turns so quickly to the dark side. Well all this stuff will at least give some sense of that beginning to happen after the first glimmers we see in AOTC. Which is also possibly one of the reasons we get another Darth Sidious figure next year. Can't forget the orchestrator of the war can we? I thought he might be a clone wars figure though but he's listed as a saga basic one. Curious. It's a pity this listing couldn't offer dates for the exclusive stuff though. I split everything up into releases by month rather than by wave to see how much was due each month and to try to plan a budget for next year. With so many maybes it's difficult so I summised and threw a few things into a month where it would seem likely based on when stores had exclusives this year. February and June would seem to be the heaviest months. February is cool cuz that's when my birthday is so i can treat myself and not worry about being scolded for over spending :D

Beast
11-18-2002, 03:19 PM
Jargo, looking back over your previous post, I have a feeling that I know what the "Destroyer Droid Launcher" is going to look like. I bet that it connects in someway to the Arena Playset, and looks like the corridor that the Destroyer Droids coming wheeling out of to surround Padme, Ani, and Obi on the back of the Reek. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
11-18-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

Also i noticed that we are assuming the Lars homestead screen scene is an AOTC one. on this listing it simply says Tatooine homestead, so it could be an ANH one.

Good point. Either way, it is the same homestead, only the figures will change. I might buy it even if it is ATOC and use it for an ANH version. I need a place to set up Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru so they can argue with about a dozen of my Tatooine Lukes over going to Toshi Station. Talk about Attack of the Clones....:D

Jargo
11-18-2002, 04:00 PM
Attack of the whingers :D I did think about that idea JJB but it's only listed as a deluxe figure. That would imply some sort of firing mechanism gadget like the old Evel Kenevel(sp?) toys. I would reckon on it being hand held with ratchet pull strip. You pull the strip and fire the droideka and watch as it veers out of control and knocks out the cat :)
I like the idea of an add on to the arena, that'd be nice and visual but not very toy oriented though. It's a summer release when kids buy a lot of stuff... of course this list being an internal list and as we all know subject to change and/or cancellation at any given moment or whim, there's a chance that any of these items listed could just drop off the radar. All the same I'm seriously starting to budget for all this in my head. Trying to figure out how to achieve all the things I need to next year and also not miss out on anything, even the US exclusives. I managed to score all the exclusives I wanted this year but next year might be a little more difficult seeing as there seems to be double the amount.

Beast
11-18-2002, 04:06 PM
That's true, Jargo. But, it could have the corridor section, with the launcher behind. That way you shoot the rolled up droidika right thru the doorway. It would be an intresting add-on to the arena. Plus it could still veer off course, and knock out the cat. It would fit with the other pieces that sound like they are arena add-ons. ;) :D

I'm trying to figure out next year using the list also. Luckily I only buy 1 of each figure. And if I already have the vehicle, I don't need the re-issue unless it's different. The re-issue TIE Bomber isn't different enough for me to buy again. But the A-Wing is, if that helps explain how I think. :crazed: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-18-2002, 04:19 PM
The clone wars figures could be a deciding point if they have a unique look. Depending on how they're done they might not really fit in with all the other stuff. If that were the case it would be a direct decision to skip that sub-line and save money. If the re-issue vehicles are to fit into that story arc then that too would give a clear decision line. well for me anyway. The exclusives accessory packs would take precedence over a new line. The multi-packs and screen scenes would be secondary to anything that was new from the movies or a good resculpt like Han Hoth for example. The death star station with gunner might sound nice but what do you attach that to? there's no death star playset listed, no other use for it but display and for me that offers no temptation. But i know that hasbro appears to have paid close attention to what we've been saying for the last year. The death star gunner station was high on people's lists of wants for ages. Rebel technician was also high. It looks from this list like Hasbro really want to reach as many people as possible and try to please as many people as possible. An impossible task maybe but you have to hand it to them for trying.

Just noticed that missing also is the Imperial dignitary, General madine and cloud car pilot and cloud car. Again, there's three months not covered by this list so anything could happen there.

mark2d2
11-18-2002, 04:37 PM
Anybody else notice that the Sandcrawler now comes with Droid and JAWAS? As in two, I suppose. How sweet would that be! I could definitely use a few more . . .

To me --- the most exciting --- and intriguing --- piece on the list is the Droid Factory with CZ-1. Obviously, this is a REAL longshot, but would they every just reissue the original droid factory from the vintage line? No, it's just a delux figure, I guess.

Who cares? Ar long last we'll be getting a CZ-1 figure.

PS --- Yes, I'm still burned about the lack of an R5-D5.

Beast
11-18-2002, 04:41 PM
I doubt that it will be the old Droid factory, that's probably just the name they are giving the set. It's supposed to be another set in the Target Accessory packs, and judging by those it's not going to be a huge set. As someone said earlier in the thread, it will probably just be pieces that fit in the Sandcrawler or somthing similar. But like you said, who cares. A CZ droid has been on mine and many other people's want lists for ages. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
11-18-2002, 04:42 PM
It's awesome that we're getting a Coleman Trebor figure, I know there are several online petitions for this figure... Hasbro does listen to the fans :)
Who's glad about that then? :D

Wave 3 (June)
84991 Coleman Trebor

We'll be able to recreate this scene...

Prince Xizor
11-18-2002, 05:01 PM
Or I could put some holes in my Coleman and have him falling off my dresser....

mark2d2
11-18-2002, 05:08 PM
Yakface.com say that The Private Universe has a

Emperor's Throne Room Playset on some list?

Did I miss this on this other list?

jad
11-18-2002, 05:08 PM
This list looks fantastic. I'm especially keen on the new clone wars line and it will be interesting to see how it develops. I only wish there would have been an AT-TE on that list, but who knows perhaps we will get one after all next year. Hears hoping for it.

Beast
11-18-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Yakface.com say that The Private Universe has a
Emperor's Throne Room Playset on some list?
Did I miss this on this other list?
It was on the list that came out before this one. It doesn't appear on this list, but that doesn't mean that it still won't get made. The Imperial Forces 4-Pack isn't listed either, for some reason. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
11-18-2002, 05:23 PM
Anybody got an idea when we'll start seeing some more pics?

I'm DYING for a Sandcrawler update . . .

Prince Xizor
11-18-2002, 05:52 PM
I bet the Imperial Forces Pack isn't listed because it was a fake. The picture that was released was pretty lame.

Beretta
11-18-2002, 06:22 PM
I'm looking forward to the new Anakin Skywalker figures, hopefully we'll get the first decent Anakin figure in the saga line!

Darth Trymybestus
11-18-2002, 06:40 PM
well... the past 2 Anakin Skywalkers that we've had in Jedi gear have been awesome.. (Hangar Duel and Tatooine Attack) but this should be an awesome Anakin too:)
Lots of articulation, a nice pose and hopefully a removeable arm and a cloak although I'm not too bothered about that just as long as it's an awesome sculpt with the metal lightsaber :)

Beast
11-18-2002, 06:46 PM
Yeah, Hanger Duel and Tatooine Attack weren't all that bad. The wheel on the back of the H.D. version, doesn't interfere with the sculpt and he looks good. The Tatooine Attack figure is in to much of a squatting pose for me, but he's not a bad figure. I may end up buying an extra of each. Slap Anakin: HD's lower body onto Anakin: TA's upper body. Perfect Anakin Skywalker. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
11-18-2002, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I agree Jar Jar, you lookin forward to the new Anakin? :)

wow, I wonder how that would look... I've never done any customising before though.
Tatooine Attack Anakin is in squatting position but he's still an awesome Anakin :)
Are you gonna make that custom Jar Jar? You could have 2 metal lightsabers :-) it would look awesome for a fight vs Dooku :D

I saw a weird picture on www.theforce.net showing Anakin in Episode III with a goatee :confused: it was a fan poster but man, I hope they keep him as he is because he doesn't have a goatee in Return of the Jedi! Picture is attached...

Prince Xizor
11-18-2002, 07:01 PM
Wow Anakin looks really really stupid with a Goatee.

Beast
11-18-2002, 07:03 PM
GalacticHunter.com updated again today. The Trash Compactor Screen Scene is no longer exclusive to Wal-Mart. It will be available everywhere according to their reports. That now explains why it wasn't listed in the exclusives section of the list. :)

Screens Scenes See Wider Release -Reported by Mike

According to sources and as evidenced by our recent report on 2003 releases, the Screen Pack assortment will not be exclusive only to Wal-Mart, where they're planned to retail for $17 each. They'll be available in mass release at both your favorite chain stores and online (visit our valued sponsors to check availibility).

This is a great move on Hasbro's part. The enthusiasm generated by the recently announced Death Star Trash Compactor sets (click here for our recent photo preview) proves that there's still room for innovative concepts to please both kids and die hard fans alike. Our recent list reveals five more sets in the works. Jedi Council, Geonosian War Room, and Coruscant Night Club scenes, each with 3 figures, will be out this summer, and Hoth Wampa Attack and Tatooine Homestead scenes will be available in the third quarter. We've also been told that a Kamino Rain Battle Scene is planned.

Another value enhanced play feature for the new scenes come in the form of designated "Scene Pack Builders" for specific figures. Upcoming characters, such as Wat Tambor for instance, are compatible with the Geonosian War Room scene. This "parts of a whole" approach by Hasbro, seen in many of their Star Wars product for 2002, makes playing and collecting these toys as they should be...FUN.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
11-18-2002, 07:08 PM
wow, that's good news :)
it also confirms the Kamino battle in the rain... I wonder if that would have just Obi Wan Kenobi and Jango Fett or would it have a Slave 1 ramp with Boba Fett on it :confused: :)
I hope it's exactly the part when Jango says "Boba, get on board!" :D

Beast
11-18-2002, 07:14 PM
Well, the Screen Scenes seem to be going for 3 figures after the Trash Compactor Scenes. So I assume it's going to be just as you said. Wet-look Obi-Wan, Jango Fett, and Boba. Maybe with the Slave 1 Ramp, and the crate that is behind Jango when Obi-Wan comes racing out. Hopefully the Boba has a more neutral stance, and a darker skin tone. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Val Da Car
11-18-2002, 07:20 PM
In the Diorama opposite of the 6ft AT TE on the other end of the planet but still great to have em on board for the battle!!!

Darth Trymybestus
11-18-2002, 07:23 PM
Well, the Screen Scenes seem to be going for 3 figures after the Trash Compactor Scenes. So I assume it's going to be just as you said. Wet-look Obi-Wan, Jango Fett, and Boba. Maybe with the Slave 1 Ramp, and the crate that is behind Jango when Obi-Wan comes racing out. Hopefully the Boba has a more neutral stance, and a darker skin tone. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I wonder what it will actually look like you know? I mean, I'm thinking will it be like the Boba Fett 300th figure box was but with 3 figures? or will it be more of a playset? :confused: :) or like the mos espa encounter cinema scene?
I know it's gonna be very cool because that fight is pretty awesome! And finally, the wet look Obi Wan that people have been asking for, I knew that a wet look Obi Wan would come in a cinema scene or something :)

Beast
11-18-2002, 07:27 PM
I assume they are going to be boxed, and similar in size to the Trash Compactor Sets that we have already seen. So just a fancier version of the Cinema Scenes of the past. But bigger, since the seperatly released figures are made to be additions to the sets. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
11-18-2002, 07:33 PM
wow, sounds good!
I bet it will be probably be in one big box rather than the 2 that the trash compactor are in?
I don't personally have any cinema scenes, are the figures in them good?
The ROTJ Final Jedi Duel figures didn't look too great in that cinema scene :)

Beast
11-18-2002, 07:39 PM
Some of the Cinema Scenes are really good. There are a couple that are pretty poor. But the same can be said with the figure releases from those years also. At the end of the run of the Cinema Scenes they were excellent. It was a shame that the line was mis-handled and not supported so long that it died. Hopefully the Screen Scenes work out well, since they sound much better then the Cinema Scenes. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
11-18-2002, 07:44 PM
I think there are some old trilogy scenes that would definitely be nice.. like carbonite Han, some Bespin Guards and Boba Fett firing at Luke :)
Or maybe when Lando Betrays them and Darth Vader uses the force to get Han Solo's gun.
Ah it doesn't matter... we're already gettin some awesome screen scenes, I'm really glad about the Geonosian War Room.
Poggle, Dooku and the Neimodians.
I'm sure that would look great with Wat Tambor and some Geonosians and Dooku's speeder bike close by :)

Jargo
11-18-2002, 08:10 PM
There's nothing to suggest that the screen scenes are going to all have three figures. Some of them are single sets and therefore likey to have less. Take the Wampa attack one. That could simply be a re-issue of the Wampa posed in attack with no other figure. The Tatooine homestead could just be two figures.
there's only listings of three sets with three figures.

One of the things that surprises me is the lack of beasts. No Orray or Aiwha, no Classic trilogy beasts or their prequel trilogy rehashes. Somehow this list now starts to seem too good to be true. I don't think it's final at all. I think we'll see omissions and substitutions somewhere down the line. There are a few items i could do without and some I'd like to see instead of what's listed. It's going to be interesting to see what hasbro's next move is, show us more pictures or keep schtum and say nothing. Act like they know nothing of any list.

hango fett
11-18-2002, 08:37 PM
wow. that is all i can say. going to be a decent year...and it isn't a movie year!
h

Tycho
11-18-2002, 09:53 PM
Yes it does sound like a great year.

The Tatooine set is one I really liked the idea of: Could be Owen, Beru, and Cliegg. Like the Final Jedi Duel Emperor, I'm betting Clieg will be permanently molded (or attached) to his hover chair.

I was thinking that with a full figure, and removeable leg, kids could have adventures of Owen and Cliegg fighting off the Tuskens - with highly poseable, versatile figures. But that isn't likely to happen.

The other thing is you could have Padme Tatooine (hopefully it's the arrival outfit with removeable cloak so that she's then seen with her midriff showing ["You'll have to stay here. These are good people, Padme. I won't be gone long."] and Anakin coming with that set (to make it sell better? groan....)

The last thing we need is figures that are offered carded, showing up in Screen Scenes like Mos Espa Encounter. - although the Sebulba in his street clothes was a useful figure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jedi Council set? Now do we get Mace, Plo Koon, and Ki-Adi Mundi who can sit down? (Yoda's in between Ki and Mace anyway - and we have enough Yoda's in a chair....grrrrr)

Or Shaak-Ti, who can now be sitting down?

I'd rather have Yarael Poof, Yaddle, and Even Piel versus figures I can't get another way. What about Oppo Rancisis? Depa Billaba?

I think Coleman Trebdor should be carded since one of his species was already in a CS (Watto's Box Seats) and he saw some action (though Jango saw to it being short).

Again, make figures that are not yet made in any form!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This gets us to the Geonosian War Room: Poggle, and Nute Gunray (with his new hat) and is it Lott Dodd (?) or not? They would work because for every scene they are in, they are all together. Same with the Banking Clan guy and the Commerce Guild lil' folk.

Throw Dooku in there, and it makes the 8 or 9 Dooku's I already bought pointless and extra for many of my scenes. It's OK, since inevitably I'll use the figure for Episode 3 scenes, unless he wears Sith robes in that one (I think that look for Dooku would be seriously cool! Put his head on a Darth Maul body for a nice custom - but I think he'd keep the cape with the chain - that's Dooku's fashion statement!)

But I'd rather have all new figures. Poggle would sell carded, but so long as he's packed with figures we can use in the same quantities, I don't care. - So long as I get him. Wat Tambler (Techno Union) will be carded, as it's rumored.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Coruscant Nightclub really scares me. The worst case: Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Zam Wessel. It wouldn't surprise me that this is how they get rid of some of the Star Wars figures they took back from retailers. Zam was a big pegwarmer.

Believe me, the CS will be too, if they do this.

Elan Sleezebagano should be done, as he had lines as well as "death sticks." If they mold Anthony Daniels as Lt. Faytooni, then Ahmed's figure could use the same mold and be added to the scene. The mercenary-looking guy who gets behind Anakin looks good, but I dream of the girls in thongs being made.

I don't think I recall seeing the bartender in Episode 2. I think Lucas edited him or her out on purpose at the request of Hasbro, because they didn't want to deal with more petitions for obscure figures.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If CZ-1 rumors are true - that's awesome for our Sandcrawlers and Mos Eisley displays. I don't care why he's coming with an E2 Droid Factory accessory set - but I can only imagine this is another piece to connect to the assembly line you can create with Deluxe 3PO and the Arena Playset parts. That is cool also!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having Bail Organa will be nice!

Beast
11-18-2002, 10:15 PM
Couple comments Tycho. Coleman Trebor and Graxol Kelvyyn/Horox Ryyder are not the same species. Coleman according to the official site is a Vurk. According to the Decipher and other sources, G.K. and H.R. are Anx. :)

Lt. Faytonni and Achk Med-Beq both wear the blue pilots uniform of the republic. I think that Lt. Faytonni's has the officer stripes on the sleeves. I have to check Achk's. There was supposed to be a droid bartender, but he was moved to the Peasent Ship, if I recall correctly what was said on the DVD. :)

Tycho, I don't think CZ-1 is coming with an E2 Droid Factory section. They may just be nicknaming the Accessory Set that, so that people don't assume the set is useless, if they don't have the Sandcrawler for it to be used with. After all there were Droid Factory sets for the original Star Wars toy line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
11-18-2002, 11:25 PM
Looks like the list is shaping up pretty good if rumors are true:

Cliegg Lars
Owen Lars
Beru Whitesun
Poggle the Lesser
Wat Tambler
Bail Organa
Lt. Faytooni
CZ-1
Rebel Flight Technician
Padme (Droid Factory)
SP4 and JN66
Lama Su
Clone Boy
Aayla Secura
Bariss Offee
Alien Jedi Youngling
Another Alien Jedi Youngling
Freighter Vessel server droid
Waitress Droid from Dexter's
Jedi Youngling (w. Yoda)
Clone Trooper (army builder)
Clone Commander

and the possibilities include:

Nute Gunray
Lott Dodd (?)
Commerce Guild Separatist
Senator Tikkes
Banking Clan Separatist
Coleman Trebdor
Yaddle
Yarael Poof
Oppo Rancisis
Depa Billaba
Even Piel
Club Outlander "thong model"
Club Outlander Republic Officer (Ahmed Best)
Elan Sleezebaggano

While a very strong Prequel lineup, and a greatly "Clones" focused one, I say this looks great! I hope they do them all.

These figures are NOT Obi-Wan, Luke, Qui-Gon, Fett, Maul, Dooku, Vader, Han, Leia, Chewie, etc.

But they are great, original looking figures, some of which we have nothing that compares to.

2003 might rock like POTJ did! I hope it's a dream come true!

Banthaholic
11-18-2002, 11:28 PM
The Freighter Vessel server droid would make me happy.

Although what I'd like is the large droid that C3-P0 falls upon in AOTC, anyone have it's name or a photo handy?

Prince Xizor
11-18-2002, 11:59 PM
Sounds great, its about time we got Poggle and Bail.

JesusFreak
11-19-2002, 01:16 AM
I only buy figures of main characters so the Padmé looks good to me. I hate the first Padmé figure (Geonosian Escape?)

Deoxyribonucleic
11-19-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Tycho

Elan Sleezebaggano

Is this name for real as in LFL real?

Beast
11-19-2002, 02:10 AM
Yep, the name "Elan Sleazebaggano" appears on StarWars.com. And I believe that it is in the credits for Episode II. They even mention the CGI additions to his charecter on the E2 DVD. :)

http://starwars.com/databank/character/elansleazebaggano/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
11-19-2002, 02:20 AM
That's aweful :frus:

but I shoulda realized...stupid character = stupid name! (I know he's in there as a kind of joke..but still people, PA-LEASE)!

but thanks for the info nonetheless JJB I'll have nightmares now you know :)

2-1B
11-19-2002, 02:48 AM
Faytoni sounds cool, but how about Ahmed Best ? :(

Currald
11-19-2002, 02:52 AM
Please pardon my appalling ignorance, but are any of those names that of the leader of the Techno-Union?

2-1B
11-19-2002, 02:57 AM
Wat Tambor is. :)

Tycho
11-19-2002, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by JesusFreak
I only buy figures of main characters so the Padmé looks good to me. I hate the first Padmé figure (Geonosian Escape?)

The appeal of the other characters is greatest for many of us for several reasons:

1) Dioramas - we want every character you can catch half a glimpse of if it's cool looking!

2) Great sculpts - check out Ephont Mon and Dexter Jettster - they lend themselves to highly intricate sculpt-work, even if they aren't "characters" in the practical sense of the word.

3) Variety - they aren't the same person, over and over again.

However, I can understand your love of the main characters, JesusFreak: they're the reason we get so into Star Wars in the first place.

FACT: the Episode Two character I wanted THE MOST when the first wave hit, was an E2 Obi-Wan Kenobi. I still love that figure (Coruscant Chase). It's just a resemblance of a hero I admire quite a lot, I guess - and believe it or not, I want about 5 more versions of him:

Kenobi - Wet in action pose from Rain Duel
Kenobi - Wet in neutral pose with hood UP from Kamino
Kenobi - Wet in neutral pose with hood DOWN from Kamino
Kenobi - Dry in netural pose with CLOAK from Jedi Temple
Kenobi - Hanger Duel WOUNDED from Count Dooku's blade

But we must get all the great extras listed up above in my initial post - that's the most exciting thing about Star Wars - is how popular can the line get so that we can see just how obscure their selections for the line can cover, so that we can get just that much more detail!

Battle Droid
11-19-2002, 05:54 AM
Although what I'd like is the large droid that C3-P0 falls upon in AOTC, anyone have it's name or a photo handy?

They call it a Forklift Droid on the Commentary on the AOTC DVD Site.

Slave2Leia
11-19-2002, 10:05 AM
The list looks great, I hope they make all of those figures. Being a fan of and collector of the female characters I'm glad to see that the saga line has been producing a good number of the secondary female characters. I would however like to see them make a Senitor Amidala figure in one of the big gowns. The other three they made look great and they need at least one from AOTC. I now people would love to have her in the black leather outfitt too. Heres hoping there are more Padme, any would be better then the first.

mrmiller
11-19-2002, 10:13 AM
Club Outlander "thong model"

Somehow I have a hard time believing this one will come true. But you never know.

=MATT=

JesusFreak
11-19-2002, 11:54 AM

The appeal of the other characters is greatest for many of us for several reasons:

1) Dioramas - we want every character you can catch half a glimpse of if it's cool looking!

2) Great sculpts - check out Ephont Mon and Dexter Jettster - they lend themselves to highly intricate sculpt-work, even if they aren't "characters" in the practical sense of the word.

3) Variety - they aren't the same person, over and over again.

However, I can understand your love of the main characters, JesusFreak: they're the reason we get so into Star Wars in the first place.

FACT: the Episode Two character I wanted THE MOST when the first wave hit, was an E2 Obi-Wan Kenobi. I still love that figure (Coruscant Chase). It's just a resemblance of a hero I admire quite a lot, I guess - and believe it or not, I want about 5 more versions of him:

Kenobi - Wet in action pose from Rain Duel
Kenobi - Wet in neutral pose with hood UP from Kamino
Kenobi - Wet in neutral pose with hood DOWN from Kamino
Kenobi - Dry in netural pose with CLOAK from Jedi Temple
Kenobi - Hanger Duel WOUNDED from Count Dooku's blade

1) Yeah, I just don't have the room or money to build dioramas. I just set a few figures on a shelf on my desk and exchange them when I get new ones. Currently Vader (Bespin Duel), Yoda (Jedi Master), Jango (Kamino Escape), and Mace (Geonosian Rescue) are on my desk.

2) I can definitely understand that. I've wanted figures like that too but I always pick the main characters over minor characters. I would love to get an Ephant Mon but he just wouldn't fit in at all. I dunno, I might eventually get one.

3) Yeah. If I had enough money to buy all the main characters that there are I would turn to minor characters since it would be kinda boring to buy figures of the same characters over and over.

Are you really serious about the Obi-Wans!? I guess you would need those five to build dioramas so ok but still, that's alot of Obi-Wans.

I just wish Hasbro could make one super poseable and correctly sculpted figure of all the main characters. I bought the CC Obi-Wan on 4/23 but don't like him much because IMO he doesn't look like Obi-Wan and he's not in a very good pose so he's never been displayed by me. Hopefully the Acklay Battle one will be good.

Anyways to sum up, all SW figures are great. I just don't have the extra money to get more than just the main characters. Star Wars figures aren't my main priority when spending my money. But I try to have extra money so I can get 1/2 SW figures. If I had lots of extra money to spend then I would probably have more than just main characters.

evenflow
11-19-2002, 12:24 PM
I would be happy if all of the Jedi are made.

Yarna D'al Gargan would be nice too.

187-Maul
11-19-2002, 12:34 PM
damn, I'm not online for 2 days, and suddenly there is a thread here that is 9 pages long !?! I really don't have the time to read all the posts here so I'll just say what, I guess, most of you have said, that that list looks VERY promising as far as figures go for next year
and I thought I won't buy that much SW next year since there won't be that much released and I usualy only like and buy about 50% of whats released, but this list looks so good, A LOT of great figures are going to be released and some of those who are very high on my wish list...

rherk
11-19-2002, 12:49 PM
It's great that everyone is optimistic. However, just because a whole bunch of names of characters we want to see made into action figures shows up on a list, does not mean they will be of quality. We could end up getting a whole bunch of preposed action features statues. If that terrible trash compacter set is a sign of what is to come, I won't buy into it. Don't know bout you guts but I collect Star Wars action figures not plastic Star Wars displays

mark2d2
11-19-2002, 01:54 PM
As cool as it would be to have the CZ droid factory work with the Sandcrawler ---- the idea in and of itself makes no sense. Why would one store want an exclusive to go with another stores?

The Overlord Returns
11-19-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by rherk
Don't know bout you guts but I collect Star Wars action figures not plastic Star Wars displays

Well, I can't speak for their guts, but my guts are tellin me that the Trash compactor set is looking MIGHTY fine........

Tycho
11-19-2002, 02:46 PM
JesusFreak: you are correct, the Obi-Wan list is all for dioramas to have Master Kenobi looking as true-to-film as possible, for each of those scenes.

When he's soaking wet and being dragged behind Jango, that will require the most articulated "wet Kenobi" yet - or unfortunately, produce the most inflexible, pre-posed one.

I have like 7-8 scenes planned for that fight alone:

On Kamino I wanted to do:

1) Lama Su and Taun We take Obi-Wan through a tour of the Cloning lab (requires a lot of different Clones, including 5 deluxe putting on their armor). (Obi-Wan sort of wet, hood down)

2) Jango's Apartment, with a Jango figure in his casual clothing that they don't make a figure of yet. (Obi-Wan dry, hood down)

3) "Dad! Look!" POTF Slave-One repaint (Jango-style), with Boba on the ramp, Jango (Sneak-preview), Obi-Wan wet, hood down, extreme action pose.

4) Jango firing his missle (I intend to put one of those blast effects between the smaller prop missle, and the jet pack), Obi-Wan wet, hood down, flexible pose.

5) The head butt - I'll use Obi-Wan with a cloth cloak (to fall) and Jango (sneak preview) though I need to use a Kamino Escape backpack with the missle gone.

6) tangle cable - the Kamino Escape Fett in all its glory, not flying (though he already was in the movie), and a wet Obi-Wan, who's hands can be tied together.

7) being dragged - Jango Final Battle will look good flying, again, he'll need the right backpack with the missle gone - Obi-Wan will have to be pretty fexible, to be wet, have his hands tied, and be dragged. The cloth cape would do well for this scene.

8) Hanging - Kamino Escape Jango with no backpack on at all, will have to be used for the rope. Obi-Wan must be the same as the one I use to drag him.

9) attaching the tracker: Slave-One with sneak-preview Fett in the cockpit (he won't have had time to remove his helmet yet, plus he looks cooler in the cockpit with his helmet on, like Boba was in ESB), his son beside him, and Obi-Wan - dramatic pose, wet, throwing the tracker (or Slave-One's cool tracker effect adjusted to mark the ship for Jedi pursuit!)

Enclosing the larger scenes, with the ship, in plexiglass, will be expensive. Getting smaller "picture-box frames" for scenes with just 2-3 figures cost like $10-15 bucks each, depending upon the size. The one where Jango fires the missle will have to have some height to put him up above Obi-Wan, on that weather sensor thing.

Anyway, this is my dream to realize: setting up these scenes. JesusFreak, you have great characters on your desk! Are those favorites? If not, then who?

You're also right about the CC Obi-Wan not looking too much like Ewan. The best looking resemblance to Ewan they ever did was the Generator Duel 2-pack that was cutting Maul in half. However, because of WHO the figure represents, I like the Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan for now. (Until a better one is made).

Finally, I can't afford all these figures myself. My credit card is really ONLY used for Star Wars, and yup, it does have a considerable balance.

I've finished college and am working now, as well as in the market for some higher paying jobs now that I have some experience.

The plan is to not buy stuff on the secondary market, or chase it down when it's no longer easily available, but instead, pay my debt off with a better job and during a year with a lighter load of Star Wars to buy.

With my list in my first post in this thread, I only need like 1-4 of any given character. Contrast that with the Clones and Droids I had to buy from this initial AOTC year, and all the vehicles...

Next year I'll be spending less and still be getting great toys! Yaaay!

JesusFreak
11-19-2002, 03:32 PM
Lol, now I understand why you said you needed two rooms for Tatooine :p

And yes the ones on my desks are favorites. A few other favorites are the HD Anakin, Zam, and the preview Clonetrooper. I think I may put the clonetrooper up there since he's so darn cool looking but any more and it would be too crowded for me. I like there to be some distance in between the figures. I bought Zam because I thought she was a main character when I bought her and she's just an overall good figure. I don't regret buying her though, she's a great figure.

I think I may buy the Padmé Pilot soon and then I have a few figures on my Christmas list. Luke (Bespin Duel), Chewie (CCC), and the deluxe Clonetrooper w/ speeder bike.

Tycho
11-19-2002, 03:45 PM
Zam Wessel is a totally under-rated figure. She is much more poseable and feature-full then most carded collectors know. (or even those who have opened her and not found her twisting ankles or tried her disguise out).

Meanwhile, you will like the Deluxe CloneTrooper with the removeable armor!

JEDIpartner
11-19-2002, 03:53 PM
I agree with your thoughts about Zam. It looks like Hasblah may be correcting their errors (according to the latest INSIDER - Jango Cover). Someone made a comment about the figures not fitting into the speeders. The response was that Hasblah IS aware of the problem and are looking into ways of fixing this- i.e. new scuplts of Zam, Obi-Wan and Anakin in NON action poses that will fit in the speeders.

I think your Obi-Wan list is a little on the side of Overkill, but I DO think we need a good neutral pose Obi-Wan with and without robe.

Beast
11-19-2002, 05:35 PM
Of course that Zam and Obi-Wan that will fit in the Speeders, are probably the ones that are coming packed in with the Speeders when they are re-issued next year. So for those of us that already own them, we would have to buy them again to get them. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-19-2002, 05:38 PM
Yeah, those Trash Compactor sets are works of art. I guess it's true what they say. You can't please everyone. The figures are removable from the display, it's not like it's a permanent display. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
11-19-2002, 05:50 PM
Yeah, those Trash Compactor sets are works of art. I guess it's true what they say. You can't please everyone. The figures are removable from the display, it's not like it's a permanent display. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That's very true Jar Jar, you can't please everyone with every single item but I'm sure that with the SAGA line, they must have pleased every star wars fan who collects the figures because there is something in the SAGA line for everyone :)
If I don't like it, I don't buy it... but I have bought A LOT of saga stuff :D
P.S. The trash compactor looks great!! :crazed:

Deoxyribonucleic
11-19-2002, 05:52 PM

I think I may buy the Padmé Pilot soon

She's a GREAT figure! Lots of articulation, great likeness, you can put her gun on her belt and she's got a great removable helmet. What more could you ask for :)

I think, after seeing your posts about what you like in figures, that you will like her lots!

Prince Xizor
11-19-2002, 06:08 PM
I'm glad that I didn't buy the 2 Speeders yet. But I will buy them for sure if they come with a Zam and Anakin/Obi-Won that fit into them.

JesusFreak
11-19-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
She's a GREAT figure! Lots of articulation, great likeness, you can put her gun on her belt and she's got a great removable helmet. What more could you ask for :)

I think, after seeing your posts about what you like in figures, that you will like her lots!

Well, my mom picked one up for me at the store. The one bad thing about that is I wasn't there to pick one out that actually looks like Natalie. The result is I got a Padmé with tons of black paint over her eyes. I wish it was more like whats on the back of the box but I guess that's my fault for not waiting till I could go to the store so I could pick it out. The helmet looks kind of awkward and I can't put the radar dish back together but the articulation is great. I love her gun, unfortunately I can't get it onto her belt but that's ok. The only thing I really don't like is the black eye shadow or whatever that is over her eyes, but I have a feelng I'll get used to it eventually. Overall great figure! (although from my review it doesn't sound like it, I still love it ;))

EDIT: She is now on my desk. I turned her to the side so I can't see all the black stuff over her eyes and she looks GREAT! I mean, her eyes don't look HORRIBLE but it's kind of weird.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-19-2002, 07:52 PM

The only thing I really don't like is the black eye shadow or whatever that is over her eyes, but I have a feelng I'll get used to it eventually. Overall great figure! (although from my review it doesn't sound like it, I still love it ;))

You must have got the Padme in Max Factor Eyeshadow disguise :)

Sorry to hear about that! Mine had very little paint on her face and only a very, very thin line of black across the top of her eyelid. Since many stores are lowering prices, maybe you could pick up another one eventually for cheap. :)

JesusFreak
11-19-2002, 07:55 PM
Lol, you posted right before I edited. She looks great turned to the side and it actually makes her look like Padmé :D

I'll take a pic of the shelf on my desk that has my SW figures/dvds, it may be kind of blurry though...

Edit: Here's the left side...

JesusFreak
11-19-2002, 08:04 PM
And the right...

dr_evazan22
11-19-2002, 08:15 PM
Yep, the name "Elan Sleazebaggano" appears on StarWars.com. And I believe that it is in the credits for Episode II. They even mention the CGI additions to his charecter on the E2 DVD. :)

http://starwars.com/databank/character/elansleazebaggano/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Not only is his characters name bad, but watching the DVD thru the website gave some extra's, like his race:

Bar Losar

There's even a Jedi in the Temple ID'd as another Bar Losar.

Tycho
11-19-2002, 09:43 PM
JesusFreak: you're in trouble! :)

I see a lot more room for Star Wars figures on your desk that you haven't used yet! (he-he)

Watto would look great up there, adding some green color to the display you've arranged, don't you think?

(or a Niemoidian)

JesusFreak
11-19-2002, 09:48 PM
I know, I know, I just don't want it to look too crowded. Watto would look good. But I just have the E1 one so no stand that makes him look like he's flying. I dunno, I may replace Yoda with Watto eventually, since he's about the same size as Yoda.

I think a Geonosian might look good up there too. Hmm, I dunno what I'll do.

Edit: New pics. I think I may like having Yoda on my dvds over Watto. I think the Clonetrooper looks great though. :)

BTW the empty space between Vader and Jango is filled with the camera I'm taking these pics with. Otherwise I'd put another figure in ;)

JesusFreak
11-19-2002, 10:02 PM
And the right side...

Little bright, isn't it? Guess I was too close...

Edit: Here's a better one. I put Yoda back in Watto's place BTW. It just looks better IMO.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-19-2002, 10:57 PM
I think Watto looks better....his coloring fits better with the colors of the dvds according to your pics :)

ConvergeDW
11-20-2002, 12:39 PM
The Private Universe posted this scan, it is supposed to be a near complete list of product for 2003. This looks to be an incredible year.

http://pub8.ezboard.com/fthecantina90039frm72.showMessage?topicID=1.topic

ConvergeDW
11-20-2002, 12:42 PM
ok nevermind

Jek Porky 2002
11-20-2002, 03:47 PM
Cool, Thanks ConvergeDW!

I really hope those Jedi Council 3-Packs are true, we're in desparate need of Jedi in chairs, and also we need all 14 so we can mix and match!

Sidiously Darth
11-20-2002, 04:10 PM
If this list holds true, I'll be broke next year, also. What's the need for another gunship? Does this one include pilots?:confused:

JEDIpartner
11-21-2002, 09:36 AM
It probably does...

I'm looking forward to a good number of the figures and the figure sets. I will probably pass on the ships, though (aside from the speeder bike assortment). There's a lot of good stuff on the way!!

SNAYSON
11-21-2002, 03:16 PM
it's going to be a lot of spending next year!

SNAYSON
11-21-2002, 03:24 PM
alot of spending next year! alot of spending! can't wait to get them all!

SNAYSON
11-21-2002, 03:30 PM
i like the list of figures coming out for 2003 but sad to see not one EU figure (except the concept stormtrooper)

Beast
11-21-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by SNAYSON
i like the list of figures coming out for 2003 but sad to see not one EU figure (except the concept stormtrooper)
All the "Clone Wars" figures can be considered EU figures, since they tie into to the massive EU push of novels, comics, cartoons, that is coming in 2003. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SNAYSON
11-21-2002, 04:03 PM

All the "Clone Wars" figures can be considered EU figures, since they tie into to the massive EU push of novels, comics, cartoons, that is coming in 2003. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

i forgot about that. it slipped my mind for a bit but i do hope they release some new EU character figures as well in the future! i know there will be quite a few people out there the will disagree with me but seeing something different and new adds varity and, to me, is a plus in obtaining new figures, not old figures in new poses or a resculpt.

Beast
11-21-2002, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't mind a seperate EU line, that way people won't complain about "being forced to buy them" because they are completists. Or about the fact that EU figures are taking up case space for movie figures. I definatly have a few figures from the EU that I really want. My #1 being a Bothan, of course. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SNAYSON
11-21-2002, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't mind a seperate EU line, that way people won't complain about "being forced to buy them" because they are completists. Or about the fact that EU figures are taking up case space for movie figures. I definatly have a few figures from the EU that I really want. My #1 being a Bothan, of course. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

that is one figure that shoould have been made! bothans were mentioned in ROTJ and is in the comics and novels. i don't mind a seperate line for the EU figures (if happens again) to make other people happy. So many people did not want them but you know what, it was hard finding the EU line to begin with. they certainly were not peg warmers! even the EU figures in the POTJ line went fast!

still, i am looking forward to the 2003 line up! i really want the jawa sand crawler!

overlord1138
11-21-2002, 04:49 PM
Why is another Teebo listed? That was released not too long ago. If this is a different one, who needs it. :(

Prince Xizor
11-21-2002, 04:51 PM

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The complaint that people will be forced to buy them because they are completists is such a dumb arguement. They put THEMSELVES in that position, choosing to be a comletist. If you don't want it, don't buy. It's not the end of the world if you don't get every single figure in a line.

Beast
11-21-2002, 04:52 PM
It's just a re-issue of the POTJ figure, so that more people have a chance to grab it. The same for Eeth Koth, the Rebel Fleet Trooper, and the Imperial Officer. Though the last two will feature variant heads. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
11-21-2002, 06:36 PM
I just hope, whatever they do, that these are fully poseable figures and not some "poop" like the Jedi Spirits Cinema Scene. I mean, I have that and like it but... it would be nice if the figures DO something...

The Trash Compactor scene is great, but I feel that the figures are too posed- fine for that set as we already have these figures in these costumes... but would be TERRIBLE for figures we haven't yet gotten on card.

Beast
11-21-2002, 06:44 PM
Well, I can understand not making the "Jedi Spirits" Cinema Scene not very posable. I mean, they are spirits. It's not like they can whip out their sabers and start fighting or anything. All they do is stand there in the movie and smile. :)

Over at Galactic Hunter they showed pictures of all four figures freed from their Garbage Masher base. They seem to be pretty decent, though Luke's face still creeps me out a bit. Still wish they came with helmets, but I can excuse that detail. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
11-21-2002, 07:25 PM
From what I can see... this is what we have thus far in the 3.75" line...

Basic Figures
Rebel Trooper (New Head Sculpt)
Imperial Officer (New Head Sculpt)
Eeth Koth
Teebo
Padmé Amidala (with soft cloak and articulation)
SP4 & JN-66 (Library Droid 2-pack)
Tusken Raider (with removable head)
Lama Su & Clone Boy
Twilek Jedi (with Super Articulation)
Bariss Offee
Yoda & Padawan Jedi
Alien Jedi Padawan (2-pack)
Padmé Amidala (Wedding Dress)
Wat Tambor (Scene Pack Builder)
Coleman Trebor (Scene Pack Builder)
Lieutenant Faytonni (Scene Pack Builder)
2nd Cantina Alien (Scene Pack Builder) (possibly Achk Med-Beq)
Darth Sidious
Bail Organa
McQuarrie Stormtrooper
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Acklay Battle)
Mace Windu (Total Control)
Darth Tyrannus (Final Duel)
Anakin Skywalker (Mechanical Arm & Super Articulation)
Boba Fett (Original Trilogy- Quick Draw)
R2-D2 (Droid Factory Rockets)
WA-7 (Dexter’s Diner)
Han Solo (Hoth)
Chewbacca (Mynock Hunt)
Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
Darth Vader (ROTJ)
Snowtrooper (ESB)
Jango Fett (Clone Wars)
Yoda (Clone Wars)
Mace Windu (Clone Wars)
Count Dooku (Clone Wars)
Kit Fisto (Clone Wars)
+3 figures to be determined

Blue Battle Droid (unknown line) ...Super Battledroid sculpt #3?
Dexter Jettster (unknown line)
Senator Jar Jar Binks (unknown line)

Deluxe
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino- Force Power: Deluxe)
Jango Fett (Kamino- Flying: Deluxe)
Commerce Guild Spider Droid
Droid Factory
Destroyer Droid Launcher
4-pack Clone Troopers
Battle Droid 3-pack
Jedi Knight 3-pack
Geonosian Gun (formerly from the Arena Playset)
TBD- Clone Wars
TBD- Clone Wars

Scene Packs
Trash Compactor- Han & Luke
Trash Compactor- Leia & Chewbacca
Jedi Council (3-pack)
Geonosian War Room (3 pack)
Coruscant Nightclub (3 pack)
Tatooine Homestead
Hoth Wampa Attack

Speeder Assortment
Anakin Skywalker with Swoop Bike
Count Dooku with Escape Bike

Accessory Sets
Yavin Hangar with Rebel Technician
Jabba’s Palace with Gamorrean Guard
Gungan Defense with Gungan Warrior

Darth Trymybestus
11-21-2002, 07:28 PM
Well, I can understand not making the "Jedi Spirits" Cinema Scene not very posable. I mean, they are spirits. It's not like they can whip out their sabers and start fighting or anything. All they do is stand there in the movie and smile. :)

Over at Galactic Hunter they showed pictures of all four figures freed from their Garbage Masher base. They seem to be pretty decent, though Luke's face still creeps me out a bit. Still wish they came with helmets, but I can excuse that detail. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ahhh have they ever got Luke's face right do you think?
I think they did a nice job on the SAGA Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel figure.
The POTF2 Luke's looked like He-man :)
Hasbro are definitely getting better at sculpting faces I mean look at the Episode I Senator Palpatine figure and then look at the SAGA Supreme Chancellor figure :)
The saga figure is Ian McDiarmid!

JEDIpartner
11-21-2002, 07:29 PM

Well right, but I didn't think they would have them screwed into the base unit!!

Beast
11-21-2002, 07:37 PM
Well, they didn't have feet or legs. So they couldn't use the twisty ties to secure them to the base. So they attached them to it with screws, so that they would stay put during shipping. :)

Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus
The POTF2 Luke's looked like He-man :)
What's funny about that, is that the new MOTU Prince Adam figure, looks like Luke Skywalker. I'm trying to locate the picture again. It's eerie. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
11-21-2002, 07:50 PM
whats this, Freighter Vessel server droid

JEDIpartner
11-21-2002, 07:53 PM
a "good" Luke or the "Clint Howard" Luke?

JEDIpartner
11-21-2002, 07:58 PM
that's the one that was flipping pancakes and "shoo'd" Artoo from the serving line before he took the bread and bowl of soup to Padme and Anakin...

Beast
11-21-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
whats this, Freighter Vessel server droid
I beleive he's referring to the COO-2180 (Cook) droid, on the Refugee Freighter that Padme and Anakin travel back to Naboo on. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
11-21-2002, 08:07 PM
Finally found it, dang that was a pain. But here is a link to the Prototype Prince Adam figure, as well as the final version. You can see that the 4 Horseman definatly seem to have tried to make it look like Luke. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=162560

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
11-21-2002, 08:13 PM
I'm excited by the EU figs! And of course all the others as well!

I know lots of people don't like the EU, but it was the EU that brought starwars back into the limelight with Timothy Zahn's novels! :)

I agree that if you don't like it, then why buy it??? I'm not going to by the re-release of eeth koth and teebo (unless they come with some really cool accessories) but I don't care if they are re-issued as it might give some folks a chance to get them who didn't before.

Nobody's gonna care if you are a completist or not and when you're dead, neither are you! :crazed: :p

jedibear
11-22-2002, 12:56 AM
As nice as it looks, glaring omissions like a carded Poggle the Lessor keep me from being TOO optimistic...add to that the fact that we're heading into a non-movie year & that I doubt retailers are going to be as enthusiastic about this mountain of product as we are....

On the other hand...the way the list is oraganized lends it some credence....starting off with too many core character resculpts and ending with a ton of intriguing secondary ones that may never see the light of day.

Hopefully some pics to back this stuff up'll start appearing soon....

Beast
11-22-2002, 01:03 AM
You arn't going to see pics of most of it, atleast until Toy Fair. But, we should starting seeing atleast a few more pictures of the January and maybe the Febuary releases very soon.

With this stuff coming from actual retailer lists, I would say that we will likely get about 95% of it. After all, this is actual retailer lists. Not internal Hasbro memos. :)

In the past, there has been very few things that showed up on retailer lists that were never produced. Attack C-3PO, Attack R2-D2, Ketwol (in 1998), Wedge w/ X-Wing Cockpit Station, the CD-Rom Series, the cancelled E1 figures (which were released in POTJ), and a few other things that slip my mind. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
11-22-2002, 02:36 AM
dose any one know if the action fleet Jedi Starfighter comes with the Hyper Ring * the Hyperdrive ring* I hope they do

JEDIpartner
11-22-2002, 09:11 AM
Man Alive!!! That DOES look like Luke (ca. 1995) :eek:

I do like the list of 3.75" figures... that's going to be an awful lot of new figures... I think this is even more than we netted in a POTJ year...

I COULD be wrong, though...

JEDIpartner
11-22-2002, 12:49 PM
They probably will be exactly the same. Since this never really happened in the modern era... other than the colour changes on the cards... I'm wondering if I will be getting these from KEBco. If I get another Teebo or Eeth Koth... I will probably sell them or take them to a store for a trade. :p

Dar' Argol
11-23-2002, 01:08 AM
OK, if things looks a bit strange in this thread, its because I merged about 2-3 of them into here. There was too many 2003 List threads floatin around.

mylow thehutt
11-23-2002, 05:32 PM
What do you think the figs listed as Clone Wars are?

Teeska Mon Eebon
11-23-2002, 05:39 PM
Hopefully not like the Ewok TV series figures

Beast
11-23-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
What do you think the figs listed as Clone Wars are?
Figures based on the huge "Shadows of the Empire" like cross over that is coming next year. It will include comics, books, games, and a possible cartoon series. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-23-2002, 08:28 PM
Hopefully the figures will fit right in with all the other saga figures and not have a different look. That way the clonetrooper will match his other buddies. But considering there's such a fuss being made about all of the clone wars stuff I suspect that these figures might have a little something different about them, like a style all their own. I'd prefer them not to so we actually get a nice clean plain white clonetrooper. The only other clonetroopers listed for next year are the four pack in every color but plain and the republic gunship with three troopers, two of which will possibly be pilots which aint no good for army building unless you plan on having an air force of clones rather than an army. Maybe hasbro will see the sense in making one of the clones in the four pack a plain white one.

Darth Trymybestus
11-23-2002, 08:44 PM
Finally found it, dang that was a pain. But here is a link to the Prototype Prince Adam figure, as well as the final version. You can see that the 4 Horseman definatly seem to have tried to make it look like Luke. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=162560

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

wow Jar Jar, that DOES look like Luke Skywalker... take notice hasbro :D
As far as the Speeders and the figures, which Anakin would we get? a new one? I've seen pictures of the box and it had Outland Peasant Disguise Anakin Skywalker and Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan Kenobi in it.
Now... Anakin wears Jedi gear in that scene... so would we get a new Anakin? :)

Teeska Mon Eebon
11-23-2002, 09:56 PM
"6) tangle cable - the Kamino Escape Fett in all its glory, not flying (though he already was in the movie), and a wet Obi-Wan, who's hands can be tied together. " Tycho

I was thinking about that one all day And do the boil and pop method and put an Episode II Obi-Wan head on the SAGA Qui-Gon and vaula you have a somewhat hunched over Obi-wan with arms extended!

mylow thehutt
11-25-2002, 02:43 PM

Figures based on the huge "Shadows of the Empire" like cross over that is coming next year. It will include comics, books, games, and a possible cartoon series. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wah!? Ok can someone explain this to me,:confused:

Jargo
11-25-2002, 03:18 PM
Shadows of the Empire was an expanded universe story arc that was brought to fans in the form of a PC game, novel and comic book series, and a music CD. Hasbro also gave us a short run of specificaly carded figures and two vehicles. These included Dash Rendar, Chewbacca as Snoova and a repackaged Princess Leia in Boushh disguise. The vehicles were the Imperial swoop and Dash Rendar's outrider.
This clone wars stuff for next year follows the same sort of release pattern with comic books, novels and toys. Everything will have different styles to the normal releases and the toys will probably have specially designed packaging. The figures may differ slightly from the movie designs if the comic book artists give the characters different costumes or weapons for example. The figures will probably be in the same style as the ordinary figures but if they choose to go for the more cartoon like style then it'll be a real departure from the way the toys have been made which we haven't had since the days of the droids cartoons and the ewoks cartoons.
I'm betting that hasbro will stick with their currewnt more realistic style but give the figure a more preposed appearance, making them a bit like mini unleashed figures with bases and more displayable packaging.

JEDIpartner
11-25-2002, 03:45 PM
I'm guessing that will be the case as well. I think the figures will probably show up looking a lot like the overly maligned "EU" (concept art) figures in the POTJ series. Personally... I won't have a problem with them as long as they are well done. I just don't want a repeat of the Ewok/Droids thing with characters showing up in their animation colourings.

As once said in the book "The Blue-nosed Witch", "Ig-puh!" :frus:

Beast
11-25-2002, 03:49 PM
I think they will probably stick to a movie look to the figures. After all they did with the SoTE and EU figures that came out. The CloneTrooper could be a plain white one, or they could make that one off the cover of the upcoming comic. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-25-2002, 05:14 PM
Isn't that STANSE? How did he get to be in a comic book? And why is he playing an air guitar

No, I hope Hasbro steer clear of that avenue, The clonetroopers are fine as they are, they don't need embellishments top their armor. The four commander colors is enough. Actually the shoulder pads on his right shoulder don't look too bad but the big blue one looks poo. The cloak is a joke though. Who does he think he is the phantom of the opera?

The Overlord Returns
11-25-2002, 05:27 PM
That thing looks like a bloody sith lord!!!!

What's his name....Darth trooper?

Old Fossil
11-25-2002, 06:05 PM
I like the shoulder pauldron on that trooper. The skirt, though... impractical for a Clonetrooper. Too individualistic for a Clone.

I could really go for this Clone Wars line, if it is well done and the figures are not too pre-posed, a la Shaak Ti and Luminara. I want action figures, not statues.

Jargo
12-02-2002, 05:57 PM
I was thinking just today about this destroyer droid launcher thingy in the deluxe line rumored for next year. I went through the art of AOTC book and there's this pic sitting there for the destroyer droid launcher they designed for the end battle but never used. It's nicely like a big fat trade fed droid fighter, holds six droids and literally drops them into battle. Now, consider that this thing is listed as a deluxe droid launcher, this means fairly small. So, take one trade fed droid fighter from the episode one line and fatten up the body a bit and shove a newly sculpted destroyer droid rolled up into the belly with a trigger to release it and let it drop. basically the same design just a lot smaller. here's the pic just think of it five times smaller and yopu'll get what might be the droid launcher. What do you reckon?

187-Maul
12-03-2002, 02:26 PM
thanx for the info, although I still think the droid launcher will be some kind of launch thing (not in movie) where you snap a rolled droideka in and then you just push a button and he gets pushed away and "rolls into battle"
just my opinion though...
the droid launcher would of course be way cooler but I don't know how they could make it look right in that size

Jargo
12-03-2002, 05:01 PM
I tend to agree but hope I'm pleasantly surprised. I agree that it'll most likely - most likely be some sort of handheld trigger activated evel kenevel type thing "pull the rip cord and watch as the droideka spins into battle!" kind of stuff. This is a kids toy we're talking about and the deluxe line so far has yielded nothing short of cheapo immitation standard stuff. So there's no reason to think that Hasbro won't go retro crap on the deluxe droid launcher and give us a toy that would be quite at home in the museum case labeled '1970's bargain bazaar toys'.

Old Fossil
12-04-2002, 12:06 AM
I tend to agree with Jargo about Hasbro using 20-30 year old gimmicks. Same with reusing VINTAGE molds sans electronics (Y-Wing, B-Wing, Millenium Falcon, TIE Fighter, etc.). Criminy, Hasbro! It's not 1981, for God's sake. Get a little innovation.