PDA

View Full Version : Best looking figure?

clonehead
11-17-2002, 06:47 PM
out of all of the figures, the basic one, which one do you like the most??

for me i really like the Darth Maul and both of the Clone troopers

Beast
11-17-2002, 07:02 PM
There have been a few threads like this. But, never hurts to go over them again. I'll go with a top 3. :)

3. Orn Free Taa - (Marvelous figure. The sculpting is excellent. Just look at his inner robes with their rich detail work. Had to decide between him and Luminara for 3rd place.)

2. Ephant Mon - (Wondeful figure. Extrodinary likeness, and a figure that has long been on many people's want lists. Plus he's huge, which gives him bonus points. He almost made #1.)

1. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine - (The likeness, sculpting, and paintjob on Palpy make it one of the best of the line. Nice to see that Hasbro can really capture human figures, when they try.)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-17-2002, 07:14 PM
Saga figures :rolleyes: I would have to choose the royal guard. It has no actions or features and simply stands looking pensive. But it's so bright and cheerful amid all the drab black and grey and brown figures that out of all my collection it's the first figur i focus on in the morning. The POTF one was not worth talking about but this one is fantastic, the robes look great and the fact he isn't just a salt shaker and has full articulation and those inner robes is so cool. I have ten right now and plan on getting another ten. I want to match my fourty commtech stormtroopers with fourty royal guards eventually. I highly doubt i'll get that far but I can try, two at a time. never buying a place out and always buying only from stores that have plenty.

next to that I think I have to say basic yoda. he's so tiny and in that walking pose he just looks great alongside a few other Jedi moving en masse toward a waiting Palpatine and POTJ Mas Amedda. It's nice to have a good looking yoda for a change. That melon head episode one yoda really used to freak me out. And the POTF OT Yoda looks like he's on drugs. I'd like to see a Saga OT Yoda sometime but those for now are my two choices.

Darth Sidious
11-17-2002, 08:16 PM
I don't have Ephant Mon, but if I did I'd probably choose him. But out of the ones I have, it's probably Luminara. You've just GOTTA love those robes! Hasbro relly did a great job on her, even if the is a statue. The detail is incredible. And the blast effect just adds to that. Coming in second is Bespin Vader (For the pose, if nothing else), and the Clone Pilot is third.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-17-2002, 10:11 PM
I'm gonna do a top 3 too like Jar Jar

1. Ephant Mon - no reason to say more

2. Djas Puhr - I've been wanting that guy for a long, long time and they did a real good job on his facial details, sculpting wise

3. Chewie Cloud City Capture - Finally a chewie that looks like chewie. The hair detail is great!

2-1B
11-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Captain Typho !

He doesn't have any goofy buttons, levers, or magnets. He's a nice plain figure, doesn't need a lot of detail because the costume is simple to begin with. Decent articulation, I know some folks had problems standing him but mine is fine. Blaster can hook to his belt, and he has a removable helmet.

Oh sure, flashier and more detailed figures have come since 4/23, but none of them have surpassed Typho as my overall Saga favorite. :)

Deoxyribonucleic
11-17-2002, 11:39 PM
I gotta say Cesaer, you are right! He's completely forgotten and under rated! The outfit itself is just plain cool. I'd wear it around if I would be pointed and laughed at for being a starwars geek hehe :p :)

dirtybones
11-18-2002, 10:41 AM
I'm a huge Jango fan so I'm going with the Pilot figure of him at this point, but as for the deluxe trooper he looks Great in the Gunship next to Yoda!!! I really like the fact that you can move his helmet into a pose that makes him look as if he's looking down onto the battle field. Out of all the clone troopers so far this one is the best, the pilot comes in at a strong second place.

Clone Trooper Bob
11-18-2002, 11:22 AM
Being partial to the darkside of the Force, the Clonetroopers are a great figure from the line. However, if I had to choose one from a detail perspective, I would have to lean towards the Cloud City Capture Chewbacca. Finally a Chewbacca figure that has some character likeness!

All of the other mentioned figs look great too! I can't wait for the Acklay Battle Obi-Wan. That figure looks like its going to be a great one as well!

Lewis
11-18-2002, 11:41 AM
My favourite saga figure's are...
1....Clone pilot -Good value
2....Jorg Sacul-another x-wing pilot addition
3....Kit Fisto-looks so cool

:p

JediBoulton
11-18-2002, 03:25 PM
Of all the figures -- with the best detail and the cooliest accessories -- all things said -- here are my three:

#3 = Commtech R2-D2

#2 = Commtech Stormtrooper

#1 = Freeze Frame Zuckuss.

The Overlord Returns
11-18-2002, 03:28 PM
Deluxe Clonetrooper w/Speeder bike.

IF this figure does NOT become the base for all future clonetroopers, Hasbro will be making a BIG mistake.

JangoFart
11-18-2002, 03:33 PM
Of the Saga line, I like these the best:

3. Clone Pilot;

2. Luke Bespin WITH bloody hand;

1. Ephant Mon.

Of the rest of the figures, I'd go with:

3. tie: EP1 R2-B1 and TC-14;

2. Maul from the Vader/Maul 2-pack;

1. 300th Boba Fett.

J

JediTricks
11-18-2002, 07:50 PM
Best looking from the Saga line still is Dexter Jettster IMO. This figure is a fully-realized alien character, and looks real and "alive". Some figures from this line might be better in some ways, but I still think Dex stands up the best in this lineup in terms of looks.

Jargo
11-18-2002, 08:15 PM
Dammit! I completely forgot aout dexter. Haven't seen mine for a while since he became the cook at jabba's palace and skulks away in the shadows with a gamorrean guard and Pote Snitkin.

Dexter is a fabulous character. Ephant has the size but Dexter knocks spots off him when it comes to detail and movie accuracy. His accessories are cool and although i preferred the prototype with the pipe, i reckon Dexter will be with me even if i ever get rid of my collection.

And not forgetting the deluxe Nexu of course. My favouritest :D toy of 2002. he says my name he has a bendy tail, he has a spiky back and he has a great grin. He's just a fab figure. I like the Massif statue too but the Nexu is just too cool for words. He could have used some more leg articulation perhaps if they hadn't given him a voice but that's such a minor thing when he looks so 'nasty'. The Nexu is the one figure I'd grab if my house was on fire.

Old Fossil
11-18-2002, 08:56 PM
From the Saga line:

1. Bespin Luke Skywalker;
2. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine;

and tied:

3. Count Dooku and Jango Fett (Sneak Preview)

tagmac
11-18-2002, 09:43 PM
1. Ephant Mon
2. Luminara
3. Bespin Luke
4. Shaak Ti
5. Palpatine

TheDarthVader
11-18-2002, 09:57 PM
Saga:

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter pilot --awesome details
2. Endor Rebel Soldier great sculpt
1. Ephant Mon of course

Tycho
11-18-2002, 10:33 PM
JediTricks is right: Dexter Jettster was my outright favorite when the saga figures debuted.

I think Ephont Mon gives him a run for the money - it's a difficult choice, but I think I'd take Ephont over Dexter (barely) as I've waited for Ephont for so long.

JediTricks would say that Dexter is actually a character that does something - and he'd be right. Dexter is an important character to the plot of the movie.

Hmmm. This is still a tough choice. But there were a lot of good figures that deserve mentioning. They're just not in this league.

I also love the Deluxe Clone Trooper with removeable helmet and armor! There are a few qualms about his slight pre-pose and adjustability given his articulation, but he is by far the best Deluxe Figure, with C-3PO and the Nexu coming close behind.

Thunderstorm1
11-18-2002, 10:48 PM
1. Ephant Mon
2. Ephant Mon
3. Ephant Mon

jjreason
11-19-2002, 03:40 AM
I don't have Ephant yet (this week with any luck - he's in the mail!!!!) so my top 3 are....

3) Luminara - detail so fine I just looked at her awestruck when she got here. Unbelievable.

2) Chewie Cloud City - the Chewie (and OT character representation) by which all future ones shall and should be measured. He's near perfect.

1) Emperor Palpatine. Mine has a face so real, it's scary. It looks exactly like McDiarmid.

Honors to Dex for solidity, Bespin Luke/Zam Wessel for articulation, and Saga R2 and the Nexu for great sound.

It's been a year of good and bad, but the goods are really, really good. Best ever.

Lyet
11-19-2002, 07:56 AM
3. (tie) Shaak Ti & Luminara - These two just have a certain style about them.

2. Chewie Cloud City - Excellent scult and a action feature that actually works right.

1. Luke Bespin - I know scene-specific figures receive a lot of crap, but I personally enjoy them, and this Luke is the best of the bunch. It's just too bad that the Vader isn't reaching his hand out to Luke.

187-Maul
11-19-2002, 10:52 AM
out of the SAGA figs:

3. Dexter Jettster
2. Ki-Adi Mundi
1. Luke Bespin

honorable mentions: all other alien jedis, Anakin HD, Captain Typho

(I don't have any figs beyond Djas Puhr except Ki-Adi and Teemto, although I ordered all the new ones I wanted except Clone Pilot, yesterday)