PDA

View Full Version : Should SSG start posting rumored news?

SirSteve
11-18-2002, 06:26 PM
SSG has prided itself on giving you factual news but the question is still burning regarding rumors. Should we start posting rumors?

Beast
11-18-2002, 06:37 PM
I don't know. The forums pretty much are the best place for rumors. Now strong rumors like stuff that could be released next year, like that 2003 list that just popped up recently would be somthing that you maybe should report. Though you did post in that thread that Hasbro told you not to. Didn't stop the other sites from spilling their info though. So I go with yes, on strong rumors. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
11-18-2002, 11:08 PM
I think as long as it's stated very obviously what's rumor and what's fact ... why not? It's great to hear the reliable news ... but I think the other stuff can be of interest as well. Even if it's just to sort of sum up the current myths that are going around. Perhaps a regular bit like Thrawn's FAQs articles would be cool ... you could address the going rumors and if one's particularly hot and from a reliable source, let us know. It'd be funny to see some of the more ridiculous ones as well from time to time.

Besides ... what does "Hasbro told you not to" mean? Do you get any special treatment from them for not reporting rumors?

187-Maul
11-19-2002, 10:30 AM
I agree with JJB, you could post the strong rumors as long as you make it noticeable that it is only a rumor

Patient Zero
11-19-2002, 10:35 AM
Rumors should only be posted in the forums as rumors and not in the news section. The news section should only be things that have been confirmed or else people are going to be confused and we have enough of that already with all the different web-sites.

mini-rock
11-21-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
Rumors should only be posted in the forums as rumors and not in the news section. The news section should only be things that have been confirmed or else people are going to be confused and we have enough of that already with all the different web-sites.

Agreed. Keep the "news" factual, and let the rumors be discussed & debated in the forums.:)

Jargo
11-23-2002, 03:21 PM
Just the facts Ma'am, just the facts...

I think the news section should stay calm and rumor free. Other sites can go hysterical over rumor and already do that so well. But here it's nice to have the rumore kept tightly under wraps in the forums while the news gives us the solid confirmations only. Maybe that means less news daily but I'd rather get the facts in the news than some cobbled together story of ifs whenevers.

However, with other sites getting what appear to be scoops so often why bother keeping schtum about those Hasbro lists? It's already been splashed all over so why not post the news, you didn't break the silence those other sites did, you are only reporting what they posting if you now list stuff on the news page. In reportage rumor is still rumor if flagged that way. "so-and-so posted earlier this week that...." You wouldn't be breaking any regulations in reporting on other sites scoops. If that report happened to contain hints about what actually is confirmed or not confirmed that placed the news article on a peg above the rumor then isn't that all the better? You didn't break any agreement if you don't actually say waht's coming out. But if you happened to let slip that something wasn't coming next year..... :)