PDA

View Full Version : 10030 Star Destroyer shipped and on it’s way!

Sweden
11-18-2002, 08:34 PM
Wow.

At the writing moment it’s around 3.20 AM here in Sweden and since I had a hard time sleeping I decided to logg on to the Internet and do some surfing on this and that and at the same time check my e-mail and was there a surprise waiting for me in the inbox or what?

Yes it sure was!

I had received a ship notification from LEGO that the 10030 Star Destroyer is shipped!

If I’m really lucky and the postal service works I’ll have it by the end of this week.

If no one beats me to it expect first a preview by the end of the week and second a full review on Sunday of the 10030 Star Destroyer set and on top of that I’ll send in some scans of the instruction booklet and hopefully some pictures too but I can’t promise the latter though.

Stay tuned for more in the coming days.

Kindest regards,

Lars ”Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.

QLD
11-19-2002, 05:53 PM
Is this going to be in stores, or only on their site? Is it shipping to the US as well?

Sweden
11-19-2002, 10:24 PM
Quite-Long Dong,

So far the 10030 Star Destroyer set is a Shop at Home exclusive but judging from the box that are printed in full color a qualified guess is that the set eventually will hit retail just like the “Rebel Blockade Runner” as it’s one of the most requested sets amongst “SW” LEGO fans.

The “Rebel Blockade Runner” was first released just as a Shop at Home exclusive not meant to go retail and therefore in a “cheaper” box with black and white printing but as the set sold well The LEGO Group released it with a new full color outer box suitable for retail stores.

That’s why I guess the 10030 Star Destroyer set will go to retail maybe early next year.

As far as I know it won’t be shipping in the US of A for another couple of weeks.

Kindest regards,

JediTricks
11-20-2002, 09:40 PM
I saw the b&w RBR boxes at FAO Schwarz last week, very shocked to see them there.

Let us know all the cool stuff in the ISD when you get it Sweden. :D

Sweden
11-20-2002, 10:44 PM
JediTricks, I most definitely will! ;)

However, I’ve noticed one not so cool thing about the 10030 Star Destroyer set and that thanks to a link some guy who I think live in Finland has with pictures of the construction of set and the not so cool thing is that the set is missing the hanger bay on the bottom of the ship.

Seems to be just a gaping whole there...

I found this link at the “From Bricks to Bothans” website:

http://tols16.oulu.fi/~mhalttun/stardestroyer/

Go check it out people. It’s worth it!

If the postal service does its job I’ll have it today (Thursday) or tomorrow Friday.

Kindest regards,

Sweden
11-22-2002, 04:50 PM
Well people, it’s Friday the 22nd of November 2002 and I haven’t received the 10030 Star Destroyer set yet so there won’t be a preview or even a review this weekend and I’ve tried to track the package but with no result at all so we’ll have to wait until Monday and see...

Just thought I’d let you guys know in case you were expecting the preview today.

Kindest regards,

Sweden
11-25-2002, 01:20 PM
Since I didn’t receive the 10030 Star Destroyer set today either I decided to call LEGO Shop at Home here in Europe and I got off the phone with the LEGO representative about 20 minutes ago or so and I’m sorry to say that there won’t be a preview today either...

From what I was told the 10030 Star Destroyer set was shipped with German postal service from Denmark on the 18th of November and that it’d take 10 working days (14 days including Saturdays and Sundays) before I’d receive the package here in Sundsvall, Sweden...

This is absolutely hilarious as I received both the “Darth Maul Bust” and the “Rebel Blockade Runner” three (working) days after they were being shipped from Denmark and now it’s going to take 10 working days or two weeks before I finally receive my order... Sigh...

My feelings about LEGO Shop at Home is at this moment not exactly good and worth to mention is that Sweden is around 45 minutes away from Denmark with ferry and Sundsvall is around 12 hours straight driving away from the country located to the south of us...

LEGO Shop at Home shipped my order with someone walking to Sundsvall. LMAO

So sorry guys, no preview or review until Monday the 2nd of December 2002... I hope.

Kindest regards,