PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Zuckuss? Come here, boy!

Old Fossil
11-18-2002, 10:13 PM
Anybody seen Zuckuss/Dengar/Imperial Officer at retail yet? I'm actually considering buying Zuckuss, maybe Dengy, maybe even the Officer. If I buy them, they'll be the first 12" figures I'll have bought in many, many months. Are they out? :frus:

Beast
11-18-2002, 10:26 PM
Yes indeed they are out. They are just starting to hit right now. I ran across 1 Zuckess, 1 Dengar, and 2 Imperial Officers just the other day. I stuffed Zuckess and Dengar in layaway, and left the boring Officers for whoever wanted them. I only collect what I like in the 12" line anymore. Start checking those smaller retailers, they seem to be the ones getting the first. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
11-18-2002, 11:57 PM
It is so nice to have all the Bounty Hunters in 12" form lined up next to each other!

This was one of my "dreamed of goals" for the collection, actually realized.

I hope some of my other goals, Expanded Universe 3 3/4" figures, playsets, and certain larger vehicles also come to pass.

But for the 12" line, it was first the bounty hunters!

Now maybe the Jedi Council Members (plus some way cool Knights from AOTC) as well as small vehicles, like speeders, made for the 12".

But the Bounty Hunters are too cool!

Old Fossil
11-19-2002, 07:25 AM
Thanks, guys. I shall be keeping an extra eye out.

Darth Cruel
11-19-2002, 09:32 AM
Nobody mentioned what stores you found them at.

Tycho
11-19-2002, 02:54 PM
I bought them from a friend that HAS to order everything directly from the factories in the orient so he can post pictures on his website.

He pays like $35-$50 per 12" I'm sure. And he buys like 2 of each of them so that he can attempt to get a mint specimen, or at least get them before any other website has the stuff to post pictures of them.

I think he likes to sell stuff to me to recover some of his exorbinant costs. But I refuse to pay more than what I'd get at retail for the figures: about $22 after tax, per 12"

He still takes a loss, but I suppose it's at least 50% less with me buying figures off him at the prices I like.

I have no problem waiting for them to hit at retail, but it's nice to get stuff, and not worry about going out at 7 am to go hunting.

I have to do that enough, because with 3 3/4", the quantity I buy, like 16 Republic Gunship Pilots, well - I have to hit the racks when they are freshly stocked if I want to sleep a little later another day.

stad
11-19-2002, 08:50 PM
I seen them this past Saturday in Louisville KY and southern Ohio, both at Meijer's. They both had about 3-4 of each, and they looked great, especially the bounty hunters!

Jedi Master Silas
11-28-2002, 03:09 PM
I just the found the entire wave at Wally World here in West Virginia last night. I was shocked to pop around the corner and wah-lah! The Zuckuss is much MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better then it looked in the pictures I saw online. I'm very pleased!! The officer is cool...his sideburns give him a different look. Dengar is cool also although I really like him I think the pictures looked better. Dont get me wrong by any means...I really think they are all nice figures :D :D

Old Fossil
11-28-2002, 03:22 PM
Wow! Thanks for the update, there may be hope for me yet!!!

Darth Cruel
11-30-2002, 09:32 PM
I just got the Imperial Officer and Dengar at TRU today. Unfortunately, there were no Zuckuss'. They look to be OK figures just to look at them in the package. The IO does look more like a cartoon character than a live action character though.

Sentinel18725
12-01-2002, 01:25 AM
Looking forward to getting these, just to finish the bridge set. How about a deluxe Boba Fett like Jango. I know most would be rehashed and recolored, but it would look so much better than the first ones (12" and the electronic). Plus it would be nicer for people who can't get ahold of them.

Turbowars
12-01-2002, 12:12 PM
Yeah I got a set here at TRU in LA CA lastnight. I don't agree about Zuckuss looking better than the photos online. He lost some paint detail and so did Dengar. I'm most happy with the Officer. Don't get me wrong I love Zucky,but thought he could use some more detail on him. I really can't complain because we got a wave that didn't have anything to do with EP1 or 2.

Tycho
12-01-2002, 12:51 PM
You must admit though, this is the best Dengar ever put into plastic!

The Kenner one (for the time it was made in) was better than Hasbro's 1997.

The 12" is the most authentic and the best sculpt they've done for the bionic bounty hunter.

I think a modern 3 3/4" resculpt (with a backpack) is in order!

Turbowars
12-01-2002, 02:00 PM
Oh I totaly agree Tycho, he is the best to date. A new 3.75" is a must

Ook
12-05-2002, 11:01 AM
I picked up Zuck the other night. He's excellent. Looks a lot better than the advance pics, too. Great sculpt and paint. I love the leather cloak, heh. I was kind of expecting the funny brown shoes he has on the 4" fig, though. I had gotten used to them. :)

gtrain29
12-05-2002, 11:12 AM
I got the wave from TRU yesterday. I had pre-ordered them online.
I must concur with the popular opinion that Zuckuss looks much better than the prototype pictures!!! I love all three figures, though. It was really a great year for 12"ers -- lots of waves with totatlly new characters instead of rehashes. If we can just get a 12" Plo Koon before the year ends it will be perfect!
I guess the only thing that bothered me in this wave was that I wish they had made the Imp Officer into a Cpt Piett. Oh well, I'm very happy with all 3 figs.