PDA

View Full Version : Deuce 2 and Dumb and Dumberer

James Boba Fettfield
11-19-2002, 02:02 PM
First up, Dumb and Dumberer

The Dumb & Dumberer Duo Revealed
Tuesday, November 19, 2002 7:27 CST

Eric Christian Olsen and Derek Richardson will star as the teenage incarnations of one of the big screen's dumbest duos in When Harry Met Lloyd: Dumb & Dumberer, for New Line Cinema.

The Hollywood Reporter says Olsen and Richardson will play adolescent versions of Harry and Lloyd, respectively, in the prequel to the 1994 blockbuster Dumb & Dumber, which starred Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey. Rounding out the comedy's cast will be Rachel Nichols, Eugene Levy, Mimi Rogers and Luis Guzman.

"Dumberer" follows Harry and Lloyd -- lovable best buddies who are big on heart but short on intellect -- as they meet and try to survive high school. Nichols plays a classmate and love interest, Levy plays their high school principal, Rogers plays Harry's mother, and Guzman has been cast as the school janitor who adopts Lloyd.

And here we have the Deuce Bigalow Sequel

Schneider & Brady Doing Deuce Bigalow II
Tuesday, November 19, 2002 12:25 CST

Actor/writer/comedian Rob Schneider has entered into a two-year first-look production deal with The Walt Disney Studios, it was announced today by Nina Jacobson, President of The Buena Vista Motion Pictures Group.

Schneider, who starred in Touchstone Pictures' box office hit Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, as well as The Animal and Big Daddy, heads up his company, From Out of Nowhere Productions, with his brother and producing partners John Schneider and Michael Chinich. The deal follows the December 13th release of Touchstone's highly anticipated comedy, The Hot Chick, which stars Schneider as a self-centered high-school girl who's trapped in the body of a 30-year-old man.

Schneider and From Out of Nowhere are currently in development on several projects. The first project up is Deuce Bigalow II, a sequel to the 1999 hit, with Tom Brady, co-writer and director of "Hot Chick," set to write and direct.

I just don't know about that Dumb and Dumberer thing...and for the Deuce sequel...I'll hold my feelings on that one.

2-1B
11-19-2002, 02:14 PM
I loved Dumb and Dumber, but cringe at the thought of a prequel. :eek:

As for Deuce, I think the first is one of the funniest movies I've seen in the last 3 years, and also hold hope for a decent sequel.

We'll see . . . :D

LTBasker
11-19-2002, 03:15 PM
As if Dumb and Dumber didn't get enough dirt from just the concept, now it's gonna get even more for having a crap of a prequel. Btw, should it be Dumb and Dumbie? Dumb and Dumberer sounds more like a sequel than a prequel.

Deuce 2, nah. They should definitely leave that one alone as well, both Deuce and Dumb & Dumber are good stand alone movies.

JediTricks
11-19-2002, 08:07 PM
Deuce was one of the funniest films of the '90s, and was even better by being such a joy to discover as such rather than having it be declared a "smash hit" 2 weeks before anybody had seen it. As for a sequel, I can't picture many avenues they could go to make a good film, but there are a few directions and visions that could make this work.

As for D&D-1 or whatever, I can't picture anybody but Carrey and Daniels as these characters, it was their repoire that made the characters who they were and THAT is what made the movie work for me. Without those actors, I can't see this being a true prequel, it'll just be "Dude, Where's My Car?!"... only dumber. :eek:

James Boba Fettfield
11-19-2002, 08:36 PM
No one can play a pumpkin pie hair cutted freak like Daniels.

QLD
11-19-2002, 09:23 PM
For the love of all things holy.........whyyyyyyyyy

Patient Zero
11-19-2002, 09:32 PM
I am scared...so, so scared!

2-1B
11-20-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
No one can play a pumpkin pie hair cutted freak like Daniels.

That was Carrey. ;)

Originally posted by JediTricks
Without those actors, I can't see this being a true prequel, it'll just be "Dude, Where's My Car?!"... only dumber.

JT, I think that would make a much better title !

'Dude Where's My Car?! . . . Only Dumber' :D :D :D

James Boba Fettfield
11-20-2002, 10:27 AM
Carrey it is

scruffziller
11-20-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
For the love of all things holy.........whyyyyyyyyy

Only to torture you QLD.:D

Prince Xizor
11-20-2002, 02:58 PM
Both of these are retarded. I LOVED the first Dumb And Dumber, but without Carrey and Daniels, it's just not going to work. I am not going to see that one.

And as for The Big Deuce, Rob Schneider is one of the worst lead actors I have ever seen. He cannot carry a movie by himself, period. (The Animal is a classic example, ugh.) The first one sucked, this one will too.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-20-2002, 03:19 PM
Eh, I dunno about this. Like stated previous, a Dumb and Dumber movie isn't the same without Carrey and Daniels. Hey, ya never know though. As long as Seabass makes a cameo, i'll at least download it and watch it. :D

Adam
11-21-2002, 12:21 AM
Man! I guess the rumor that the Dell guy was going to play young Harry was false. That sucks! :crazed:

mrmiller
11-21-2002, 02:09 PM
Duce was a great movie, because it was and Adult comedy that didn't have to show everything, or be the "gross-out" type, or try and cover itself an be PC. Bring back the Man-W****!

As for Dumb and Dumberer, not without the original actors. I just don't see anyone being able to play a young Jim Carry.

I'll probably see them both, I'm a sucker for anything that might make me laugh. Kinda like Battleship Earth and Showgirls...

=MATT=

JediTricks
11-21-2002, 11:26 PM
You know what's sad? I could see Daniels and Carrey recreating their Dumb & Dumber roles pretending to be high school age better than I could picture anybody else as their characters. So what if Jim Carrey is 40? That'd be part of the joke, Carrey the actor is 40 but Lloyd the character is 17.

scruffziller
11-22-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
You know what's sad? I could see Daniels and Carrey recreating their Dumb & Dumber roles pretending to be high school age better than I could picture anybody else as their characters. So what if Jim Carrey is 40? That'd be part of the joke, Carrey the actor is 40 but Lloyd the character is 17.

That would be really funny. It's too bad they don't do a sequel.

James Boba Fettfield
03-01-2003, 06:06 AM
I'm at a loss of words.....

mini-rock
03-01-2003, 10:40 AM
That's funny.:)

2-1B
08-15-2005, 03:29 AM
Deuce was one of the funniest films of the '90s, and was even better by being such a joy to discover as such rather than having it be declared a "smash hit" 2 weeks before anybody had seen it. As for a sequel, I can't picture many avenues they could go to make a good film, but there are a few directions and visions that could make this work.

Well my fellow Deuce Once fan . . . I hate to say it but they should have stopped at One. I saw the new one and while yes it had its moments of crude humor that made me laugh, on the whole this new one is what, maybe 25% as good as the original. :hurt:

Spoilers (like it matters :D)

Can anybody confirm it was Arija Bareikis playing Kate for her death scene ?
IMDb doesn't have her attached and they don't have anybody else listed for Kate . . . anyway I'm pretty sure it was her and I was let down by the way they got her out of the way since I had a big crush on her in the first movie.

Why didn't Deuce's dad come back ? They had a whole man-***** convention and pops should have been there, afterall he did take up the business.

Oded Fehr, nice to see him make a cameo as Antoine but then he was gone and never mentioned again.

Norm MacDonald, I liked the cameo but it wasn't as fun as his Deuce One part. He was in this one more, though.

I miss William Forsythe and Jacqueline Obradors but I can see them not being involved.

I still say Kate should have been there ! :frus:

Eddie Griffin was nails as always, I'm just a big fan of his work and he makes me laugh . . . but still not as good as the first one.

So what happened that Touchstone got scared away ? They did the first one and according to Jaymz' post a few years back they were on board for this one . . . but since then it got moved to Columbia and Sandler's production company. Also, I noticed the original director was no longer there.

JediTricks
08-15-2005, 08:32 PM
I can't say that I'm surprised, the trailers for this have looked pretty bad and I haven't seen a single decent review for it so far.

Touchstone was only the distributor, not the producing studio, so I guess either they saw which way the wind was blowing on this, or they wanted to clean up their look. According to IMDB, the reason was because Disney execs (Touchstone is owned by Disney) wanted a PG-13 on this one but Rob Schneider and co wanted it to be an R like the first one.

scruffziller
08-15-2005, 11:12 PM
What is the deal with alot of sequels now? "It's the same movie as before but in another part of the world" as the focus. Can't they be more creative.:rolleyes:

Rocketboy
08-15-2005, 11:36 PM
What I'd like to know is...how does Rob Schneider even have a career?

He was occasionally amusing (at best) on SNL, but one could only take so much of the "makin' copies" guy.

2-1B
08-16-2005, 01:34 AM
JT, I would have sworn Deuce One was PG-13 but I just checked my DVD jacket and indeed the first one was an R. Well, at any rate the second one DOES feel harder to me, just more crude . . . I guess it shows the quality that the first one was made with, it clearly had more style to it. lol

Rocketboy, don't forget The Sensitive Naked Man, Orgasm Guy, and Tiny Elvis. :(

jaxx
08-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Roger Ebert gave the movie 0 stars. Not even a tiny bit of the corner of a star.... zero!

Kinda sad really... I think that he gave Dukes of Hazard more than that.

I guess that this is a "wait until the movie comes out on ABC and get drunk to watch it" movie...:rolleyes: