PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the List -- What ONE thing most excites you?

mark2d2
11-19-2002, 05:00 PM
Okay, now that "the Lists" are out and we've all had a time to peruse them ---- what is the ONE thing that has you the most excited? And, guys, seriously, just pick one, please. As I'm really curious as to what is the ONE thing everybody wants the most.

My pick is . . . . (No big surprise, here)

Sandcrawler with Droid and Jawas!!!!!!!!!!

This puppy just can't get here fast enough.

Prince Xizor
11-19-2002, 05:12 PM
Ah! Such a tough question.

I guess if I only had to pick one. Only one.

I will have to go with with the Hailfire Droid (Banking Clan Droid). I thought they were the coolest vehicle/droid in Clones, and I would kill to have this toy right now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-19-2002, 05:34 PM
If the Jedi Council screen scene is done good enough, then I need it! Then maybe they could continue them, with the council members in their chairs, and Obi-Wan and Anakin or Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in the middle of the floor (depending on what movie they make it from, or they could just do one of them). Because it would be pointless to have another Council Yoda unless he's done right. :)

Beast
11-19-2002, 05:44 PM
That's a tough question. Can we go with catagories, instead of just one thing. It would be a heck of alot easier. But as of right now, the entire line of Screen Scenes sound wonderful to me. Especially the Geonosian War Room and Tatooine Homestead. So it's not really one thing, it's one part of the line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
11-19-2002, 09:11 PM
I would have said Yarna D'al Gargan but she's not anywhere on the list so........ :(

JangoFart
11-20-2002, 02:13 AM
The one thing that excites me the most is that the Star Wars toys are not just continuing, they're flurishing. I was afraid that after the EP1 situation (and seeing it repeated with the Saga line) that our hobby would collapse under its own weight. I'm very happy I was wrong.

J

2-1B
11-20-2002, 02:23 AM
Bail Organa

LTBasker
11-20-2002, 03:48 AM
That theres actually a list that long that could have a good chance of nearly all the stuff on it being made.

187-Maul
11-20-2002, 07:57 AM
I think my #1 fig is Luke Skywalker (ROTJ), I just hope that he will be in his jedi outfit as in the end of the movie (with all the articulation, accessories etc.)

kadamontaga
11-20-2002, 10:32 AM
I'm excited by the Jedi Knight 3 Pack. I hope it consists of 3 generic jedi figures. I heard about the 3-pack on The Private Universe. http://pub8.ezboard.com/fthecantina90039frm72.showMessage?topicID=1.topic
I'm delighted by how many new (non-resculpt) figures we should be getting.

Jayspawn
11-20-2002, 12:08 PM
That is a tough question. For me it's a tossup betwee the Jedi Council set, Lar's Homestead or TIE Bomber reissue. There are some others that come close- its going to be a great year!

Deoxyribonucleic
11-20-2002, 12:15 PM
12" Leia Boushh with carbon block and the 4-Packs

rherk
11-20-2002, 12:23 PM
Luke Skywalker jedi Knight. I'm hoping for the jabbas palace look. However, I'm pretty confident its going to be the one from the end of the film.

Rogue II
11-20-2002, 01:18 PM
I can't pick just one figure since we haven't seen any pictures yet. I'm just glad to see the number of Classic Trilogy figures.

sideswipe1984
11-20-2002, 02:18 PM
I would have to, hands down, say the Jedi Luke figure. That has always been my favorite fig from both the vintage and modern lines. I would hope that it was a Jabba's Palace version as well, complete with robe, Gammorean blaster, hilt and saber (with NO BUTTONS OR WHEELS STICKING OUT OF HIS BACK). However, the realist in me has the feeling it will be the final duel version (much, much plainer in comparison w/ the Palace version - w/o tunic or hooded robe). In addition, Hasbro just won't be able to pass up making him a manual transmission (i.e. - having a stick shift jutting from his nether-regions). :(

I have my fingers crossed, though.

Adam
11-20-2002, 02:33 PM
Jedi Luke!

bobafett07728
11-20-2002, 02:43 PM
Hmmmmmm. . .this is probably an impossible question to answer. As far as figures go. . .the fact that we are getting so many new ones (that would be including the scenes), it is ipossible to narrow it down to one figure. As far as vehicles go. . .I'm not crazilly excited about reissues, although they are coming with pack-ins. . .so I'd have to say the Sandrcrawler. It's one of those things that we've been waiting for, ever since we reallized a vintage one just isn't in our budget. Plus it comes with pack-in figures too. . .further adding to the amount of new figs we are getting. I think it is also a positive thing to see more figures being packed with the vehicles. I think this is a smart (and long overdue) move by Hasbro. More vehicles will be bought in this fashion (look at Jedi Starfighter with and without figure for example), and when the vehicle sales go up. . .WE GET MORE VEHICLES!!!!!! If this pattern continues we will get all those vehicles that have been passed over. . .and a figure to go with it to boot! Although no pics have been seen of a lot of the items listed. . . lets hope that they are all indeed going to happen, and look forward to a great year for Star Wars toys from ALL the movies!!!!1

Darth Trymybestus
11-20-2002, 05:22 PM
If I have to pick one... it's gotta be Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight:D I think I speak for a lot of people here right? :)
I'm not too bothered if it's from Jabba's Palace or from the Death Star II, I just know it's gonna be an awesome figure.
It's been a long time coming too... I was shocked that the only Luke Skywalker basic figure we got in the POTJ line was Rebel Pilot.
Ah well, Hasbro is really giving the fans what they want, I just can't wait to see carded photos of this figure.
I wonder if his "vest" will be undone kinda like the end of his fight? or will it be like at the beginning? who knows?:)

If I may pick a 2nd... it's the new Anakin Skywalker figure:crazed:

Banthaholic
11-20-2002, 11:34 PM
By far the Cinema Scenes. Since 95 when POTF-2 came back out they have been lacking on the playsets, think about it
POTF-2 EP1 POTJ
1. Death Star Escape 1. Theed Hangar 1. Bespin
2. Detention Block 2. Theed Generator Saga
3. Hoth 3. R2-D2 case 1. Arena
4. Ewok
5. Cantina Diarama
6. Jabba's Diarama
That's only 11 playsets over the past 8 years. Kenner/Hasbro has given us around 300 figures, and beasts but only our imagination to use them with

mtriv73
11-21-2002, 07:58 AM
Hands down, the TIE Fighter has me the most excited. If it's more in scale like the new X-wings then I'll buy 2 of them.

Death Star Gimp
11-21-2002, 02:56 PM
Wat Tambor

SNAYSON
11-21-2002, 02:58 PM
sand crawler