PDA

View Full Version : Pics Of C-3P0 On Endor Throne

Prince Xizor
11-20-2002, 06:56 PM
Rebelscum just released these pictures of the new C3P0 on his Ewok Throne. Finally a 3P0 that can sit down!

Prince Xizor
11-20-2002, 06:57 PM
Here is the 2nd Pic:

Beast
11-20-2002, 06:58 PM
Sadly, that's a custom job. Emperor Jargo posted it ages ago, and it was confirmed as a custom. It's a vintage Ewok Throne, with a customized C-3PO. But we will be seeing somthing similar to this, in the Target Accessory Set next year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
11-20-2002, 07:00 PM
NOOO! Thanks for crushing my hopes and dreams, Jar. ;)

Beast
11-20-2002, 07:07 PM
I located the thread that he made about it. It was way back in July, and here is the same picture that he posted back then. This time, without the "Rebelscum" stamp of qwality news. Note who posted the news at Rebelscum. It's Curto, the person that posts all the custom news. :rolleyes: :p

Originally posted by JediTricks
I remember this custom, I think the instructions were in ToyFare a while back, it's a total custom. The customizer said to buy 2 removable limbs 3POs and explained how to hollow out the knees on one set and the kneecaps on the other to make one set of fully-articulated knees (made a pin for the hinge on the inside of each knee, IIRC). The chair is simply one from the old Kenner Ewok playset.
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=143227

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Old Fossil
11-20-2002, 09:11 PM
I KNEW IT!!! I hate these shenanigans Rebelscum engages in. They're tricksy, precious...

Banthaholic
11-20-2002, 10:26 PM
I tell you Curto at Rebelscum, might want to find a better way to occupy some time.
Customizing is fine, although there are proper places to post your customized work, to pass it off as anything otherwise is pure stupidity.

LTBasker
11-20-2002, 10:55 PM
I don't think it's Curto's though. However the post does make it look like they're being fooled by this as we were, only they've gone to the extreme measures of putting their little ownership logos on there. :rolleyes: If they're gonna let Curto continuously play these little jokes on people, then it's gonna get old and people are most likely gonna lose interest.

Beast
11-20-2002, 10:59 PM
Well, he admited that he knew that the Concept Luke was a custom. So I assume that he again knows that this was a custom, and decided to try it again. Quite a few people over in the Rebelscum forums arn't very happy with finding out it was a custom. I made sure that I confirmed it was, as soon as I knew about it being posted. Sounds like Curto needs smacked upside the head, and his news posting rights revoked. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
11-20-2002, 11:47 PM
Curse you Rebelscum! I had my hopes up too.

JEDIpartner
11-21-2002, 07:56 AM
I was going to say... he is decidedly more tarnished looking than he SHOULD be in those pics posted... I knew it wasn't true! :frus:

SirSteve
11-21-2002, 08:22 AM
Yep, a custom job. I know exactly who made it as they sent me pictures over 6 months ago. :)

JEDIpartner
11-21-2002, 08:57 AM
Sir Steve sees all, knows all... :evil: ;)

Jargo
11-21-2002, 09:06 AM
But, I suppose the point is that the reaction here is one of favour for a set like that. This is how a C-3PO should be released. Hasbro would do well to take note and get cracking on a similar set if the Endor celebration set isn't going to look like this already.
But as i posted elsewhere, the throne and litter isn't a part of the celebration so that would scotch the idea of a throne and litter being included, unless the celebration is supposed to be an Ewok one and the scene represented is the celebration of a successful Ewok hunting trip. And the finding of an Ewok deity.

I think it's just time they shoved out a decent metallised C-3PO with knees. None of this using 'gold' colored vynil plastic, get back to the metallising please hasbro. If it doesn't gleam like burnished bronze - it isn't Threepio.