PDA

View Full Version : A REAL R2-D2 that you can own!

Mace Windex
11-20-2002, 08:21 PM
I know I have seen posts somewhere on the new R2 units but since I can't find them I figured I'd post here.
Does anyone know how to get some extra responses from R2?
Somehow I asked him if he remembered Jar JAr and he howled. It was funny. Then he broke into Vader's theme!
Boy, R2 sure is stubborn. He will refuse to do certain things and then will start a game on his own. Please post your experiences here!
Mace

Tiggertheterrible
11-21-2002, 09:50 AM
I just bought R2 and am debating whether to open it now or wait for Christmas. (I had to tell myself it was going to be a Christmas present for the family to justify the purchase!) The one at the store they had going was so cool and extremely tempermental.

I would have killed for one of these back in 1978 or 1979.

The Overlord Returns
11-21-2002, 09:57 AM
he gets scared if you ask him about Mace Windu

stillakid
11-21-2002, 01:40 PM
I was just playing with someone else's (R2, you sicko! ;) ) and got that one to react differently than mine. For instance, the other R2 screams and shakes his head when I mention Darth Vader, but mine doesn't really do much of anything. Perhaps all the excitement damaged his motivator. I'll have to take him down to maintenance.

Mace Windex
11-23-2002, 09:42 AM
Boy this R2 sure can be stubborn. Mine prefers to do light tag or room guard. When I want him to do the remember game he says no quite a bit. He did something new yesterday. I asked if he remembered Vader and he screamed then played Vader's theme.
Interesting little fellow.
MAce

stillakid
11-23-2002, 11:17 AM
I finally got mine to scream, but he hasn't played Vader's theme yet. :(

Freedom
11-23-2002, 05:06 PM
Mine wouldn't do anything I asked him to do after the first two days or so. He'd shake his head no and go on patroll. I took him back to the store and got my money back. I'm much happier.

QLD
11-23-2002, 05:19 PM
I played with a friend's R2....and it wasn't too fun for me.

It was neat, but I didn't like having to give the commands that way.

R2...............do you remember................Darth Vader..........

R2...............do you remember................what I was going to say?

;)

It's neat, but I haven't been able to justify the price tag for it.
I prefer my R2-D2 phone :)

Mace Windex
11-24-2002, 08:24 AM
When he operates and does what he is told I think he is definately worth the price tag of $79 that I paid at Walmart. He can be a lot of fun. Mine gets depressed a lot and likes to cry.

Mace