PDA

View Full Version : Unusual trades: Polish Bootlegs, foreign Pepsi, Mexican micro-machines, SD wind-ups

plasticaddict
11-20-2002, 10:35 PM
I have some unusual items from around the time of the Special Edition Trilogy re-release back in 1997.

If you are interested, you can view these and my current want-list at:
http://www.plasticaddict.com/trades/

My items for trade include:

- Star Wars Bootlegs of vintage figures from Poland:

These bootleg figures came directly from Poland in a series of trades I made back in 1996-97. They are quite unusual and rather bizarre.
They all feature very unorthodox paint jobs and have to be seen to be appreciated.
With the exception of one figure, all of the figures use exactly the same leg and arm molds (taken from a Bike Scout Trooper, I believe)
Even Leia has bulky arms. None of the figures have articulated necks.
I have seen some versions of these figures on cardbacks. Mine came without cards or bubbles, although some have strange weapons. (Check out Vader's saber!)
Probably most unusual is one 'proto-type' bootleg figure, who still has his arms and legs on the sprue.

- Star Wars Mexican Candy promos:

An unusual set of micro-machines that were included with small boxes of candy in Mexico. Out of the original set of ten ships, I have nine ships and one duplicate X-wing. I also have the original Spanish language candy boxes featuring very nice SW artwork.

- Star Wars Super-Distorted wind-up figures:

A set of six unlicensed figures from Singapore including:
Chewie, R2D2, C3PO, Yoda, Vader and a Stormtrooper.
Very 'cute' with nice detail and paint ops.

- Pepsi promo items from the US and Singapore:

An empty Special Edition Diet Pepsi 24 pack cardboard box and an empty Diet Pepsi can featuring a Stormtrooper image and the Special Edition Trilogy logo.
The cardboard Pepsi case features images of a Stormtrooper, R2D2, C3PO and a mail-in offer for three Pepsi promo posters. (I do not have the
posters).
I believe that these cans/cases received limited distribution in the MidWest. Can anyone verify this?

I also have two *very* unusual Pepsi promo cans from Singapore.
One is a Pepsi can featuring a line drawing of Darth Vader and the Special Edition Trilogy logo.
The other is a 7-UP can featuring a line drawing of the M. Falcon and the Special Edition Trilogy logo.
Both of these cans have the old-style "pop-top" lids, no longer used in the U.S.

If you are interested, you can view these and my current want-list at:
http://www.plasticaddict.com/trades/

--
Doug Mikkelson