PDA

View Full Version : New Vader and Slave Leia Unleashed picture

Sith Lord 0498
11-21-2002, 12:32 PM
GalacticHunter has posted a picture of the Vader "Redux" and Slave Leia Unleashed figures. The picture is grainy, but you'll get a good sense of what they'll look like. Slave Leia looks like it'll be pretty cool, but...

...Vader is a complete let-down!!!

It's the same figure as before!!! All they did was give him a meditation chamber base and a removable helmet. It doesn't look good at all!!

Jayspawn
11-21-2002, 12:35 PM
I tihnk the Vader looks great! If that helmet can go on the figure (which I believe it can). I would have like a different pose, but I can deal with it. Unleashed Leia looks pretty good. NOt a dynamic pose but it'll look nice I bet.

The Overlord Returns
11-21-2002, 12:38 PM
Why would Vader have his helmet off and his lightsaber ignited IN his meditation chamber?????????

Hmm..perhaps the pod he bet on turned up a loser... ;)

LTBasker
11-21-2002, 12:39 PM
The Leia I'm sure alot of people will buy but that Vader stinks. Looks like they're just using Bespin Vader just with some new elements and of course a different movie theme.

dirtybones
11-21-2002, 12:41 PM
Leia looks great. It looks as if all the women in the UNLEASHED series may just come with a standing pose. Aurra May look pretty cool in a battle pose.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-21-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Why would Vader have his helmet off and his lightsaber ignited IN his meditation chamber?????????

Hmm..perhaps the pod he bet on turned up a loser... ;)

That's what I was wondering???

Maybe there was a scene they cut out where Vader got p*ssed at then Capt Piett for seeing him in his "chambers"

Aahhhhhh! And so he ignited the lightsaber and put the fear of the darkside into piett :) :crazed:

Overall, both look really cool

187-Maul
11-21-2002, 12:48 PM
I'm kinda disappointed in the vader too, I hoped for a ROTJ battling pose or something like that, but Leia looks pretty cool, I just hope they won't mess her face up

Sith Lord 0498
11-21-2002, 01:52 PM
I was expecting more from Vader too. A really dynamic, enraged pose would've been terrific. Something to show the Dark Side exploding out of him. Anakin Unleashed is a good example of the emotion they should've tried to put into Vader.

Instead, we get the same thing all over again. I guess this means that Hasbro is committed to keeping the "Unleashed" line alive. It's earned that status of being worthy of getting rehashed figure after rehashed figure. :rolleyes:

JesusFreak
11-21-2002, 02:17 PM
No thanks. These really don't interest me at all. Does anyone know why they're doing ANOTHER vader?

The Overlord Returns
11-21-2002, 02:21 PM
I'll take that leia though....mmm...slave leia....

DahrJin
11-21-2002, 03:57 PM
Are these confirmed versions or just production mock-ups?

If we close our eyes and wish really hard, maybe we'll get a different Vader pose.

Leia is a nice one though.....

What fanboy in his right mind wouldn't buy that one. :D

Prince Xizor
11-21-2002, 04:47 PM
Damn that Vader! I think I like it better than the first Vader, but I don't think it's that differant than the first Vader to warrent another purchase. Stupid Hasbro.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the Leia? I'm sorry, but I thought the Unleased line was supposed to be well sculpted figures of over-dramatic action poses. This Leia is surely not that. It does look good as a stand alone piece, but it is a let-down as far as I am concerened.

Lyet
11-21-2002, 04:51 PM
That Picture looks much better when you put 3D glasses on :)

Nexu
11-21-2002, 04:52 PM
Yeah, she looks like a ho standing there like that. Pretty bad. Vadar looks OK, but he could be much better.

The Overlord Returns
11-21-2002, 05:24 PM
Guys....It's slave leia...........SLAVE LEIA!!!!!!!!

what self respecting (straight) star wars fanboy HASN'T had the Slave Leia fantasy ala ross in friends? ;)

LTBasker
11-21-2002, 05:38 PM
Sorry, gotta: :rolleyes:

Beast
11-21-2002, 05:45 PM
Both of them look ok to me. The Vader is nice, not exactly what I would have done, but the Removable Helmet is a great addition. Slave Leia is excellent, another cool addition to the Unleashed line. Every figure that I see, makes me want to collect the line even more. Can't wait to see the ones on the list next year. :)

As to the complaints about the Vader, remeber that these are EUishly posed figures. They would have made the figure in a dynamic pose, no matter what. The problem with Vader, is that in the movies he can't really do anything dynamically without his helmet on. So I think it looks ok in the end. I think they should alter his clenched fist arm though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
11-21-2002, 06:26 PM
Sorry but I don't agree Overlord. I am a straight 19 year old male and I never thought Carrie Fisher was hot. She doesn't do anything for me.

On the other hand, they could put Portman in that outfit, and I would but enough of those for every room in my house. :)

Darth Sidious
11-21-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
Sorry but I don't agree Overlord. I am a straight 19 year old male and I never thought Carrie Fisher was hot. She doesn't do anything for me.

On the other hand, they could put Portman in that outfit, and I would but enough of those for every room in my house. :)

Hahaha! That is actually really ironic, considering the real Prince Xizor tried to seduce Leia. That's just very funny to me. :D Anyway, about the figures-The Leia is not bad at all, but the Vader just needs a new pose. Perhaps he could be jumping in the air with one leg extended straight back and the knee of his other leg bent. He could be holding his saber, but the handle would be held upside-down so the blade is sort of inline with the back of his arm, point facing upward. (Hopefully you know what I'm talking about there) His other hand could be clenched in a fist at his side with the elbow bent. His cape would have an awesome "Whoosh" effect, similar to Bespin Vader's. He could even be surrounded with "Steam" to add to the overall effect. I think that would have been a much better Darkside pose.

The Overlord Returns
11-22-2002, 10:06 AM

Damn you and your "exception that proves the rule" stance! ;)

Slave2Leia
11-22-2002, 10:26 AM
Being Leia's biggest fan I have to say that the slave Leia KICKS ***, I have to have it. The Vader is well done althought like others have said why does he have his helmet off and lightsaber extended?

DahrJin
11-22-2002, 11:05 AM

Here you go Xizor.

Now if we could just get the Unleashed people to notice. :eek:
http://natalieportman.com/newsite/dazza/nat-slave.jpg

Darth Detori
11-22-2002, 11:59 AM
the new vader is ok, but I REALLY would have liked a better pose. I mean, if they're doing a removeable helmet now then why couldn't they have just done that in the first place??? :P
still, I'll buy it probably. My vision would have been him about to do a giant powerful slash with one foot on a rebel soldier.

Leia's cool, I'll definantly get her.

JangoFart
11-22-2002, 12:15 PM
I think they're fakes.

Look at the Vader head and then the helmet. The head has the lower portion of his mask still attached - which would mean his chin would protrude. The helmet has a neck attached - which means it could not fit over the protruding chin.

J

DahrJin
11-22-2002, 12:25 PM
Yet another reason to believe these are preproduction mock-up.

**CROSSING FINGERS**

I'd like to see a Vader posed from the duel with OB-1 in ANH. Then they could make an unleashed OB-1 that connected to it for an awesome display.

Onlyafleshwound
11-23-2002, 09:23 AM
if you look closely its the same old unleashed vader with a new sculpt head, and a padme repainted and altered a bit to look like leia. Same pose...no gun.

these are just customs that someone tried to pass off as the new unleashed figs. both fakes

Beast
11-23-2002, 11:14 AM
Unfortunatly, the Slave Leia pose matches the wax prototype that was on display at Celebration 2. So, I don't think that these can be considered customs. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
11-23-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by JangoFart
I think they're fakes.

Look at the Vader head and then the helmet. The head has the lower portion of his mask still attached - which would mean his chin would protrude. The helmet has a neck attached - which means it could not fit over the protruding chin.

J Hey old Fart, I don't think the helmet is made to go over Vaders head. I think you remove the unmasked head and replace it with the helmeted one. I don't like Vader very much. It just doesn't look right. He needs a new pose. On the other hand Leia looks awesome. Another hottie for my collection;) Hey I know Fisher has seen her better days, but she was hot in Jabba's palace! Man oh man.

Turbowars
11-23-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by DahrJin

Here you go Xizor.

Now if we could just get the Unleashed people to notice. :eek:
http://natalieportman.com/newsite/dazza/nat-slave.jpg I'd buy that for a dollar! Nice!