PDA

View Full Version : Update of my dioramas

187-Maul
11-21-2002, 12:37 PM
it's been some time since I posted pics of my dioramas so here are some new ones

first of all, a pic of my cantina, STILL in the works (haven't had time to finish it yet)
I added a lot of figs, removed some and hung watto up so he looks as if he's flying

187-Maul
11-21-2002, 12:42 PM
here my arena battle diorama, also still in works
I hung up Jango so it looks as if he's flying down from the balcony, and as soon as I get preview jango (I ordered him online), I'll give him the blasters with the blast effect so that he'll be really shooting at mace

187-Maul
11-21-2002, 12:45 PM
the left side of the diorama, where the clonetroopers invade (I know, not very movie correct, but I had to do it like this with so little space (soon I'll also be adding Eeth Koth and Anakin TA to the diorama cause I ordered them online too)

Jedi Master Silas
11-27-2002, 08:31 PM
Cool cantina 187 :)

Chiesa
11-28-2002, 03:43 AM
I love your Cantina!! It just looks sooo vibrant and crowded!!

Are the walls and all cardboards?

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

187-Maul
11-29-2002, 09:39 AM
actually the walls are made out of wood
thanx for the nice words
any other opinions?

JON9000
12-11-2002, 05:10 PM
I am thinking of building a Cantina and Jabba's Palace- I found something that I though was kind of cool that I thought I would share...

They have a spray can at Michael's of a special kind of paint that lays down a heavy grain texture. I thought it would look great on your Cantina's walls. I am going to spray some on mine when I get around to building it!

187-Maul
12-12-2002, 08:44 AM
thanx for the tip but I have no idea where I would find something like that here in france, maybe in a hobby shop? anyway, do you already have plans on how you will make your dioramas and how big they will be?

JON9000
12-19-2002, 03:55 PM
Well, I think my first attempt will be Jabba's Palace. I actually set all my figures up on a shelf in my closet and it looks pretty good. I have a complete ROTJ Jabba from 1983, and all of the modern and vintage era figures with several Gammorean Guards. I want to pick up a vintage Max Rebo Band and new Ephant Mon so I will be set figures wise.

My dad has a table saw and various routers and sanders, so I know I could put together a good one once I get the materials together.

It will look sort of like a hutch combinded with a simple cabinet, if you are familiar with that type of furniture. On the top level will be Jabba's throne room, and the bottom will be the Rancor Pit with a little droid room. I would like to pick up a vintage droid factory to stock it with parts.

It will be about forty inches wide, twenty inches deep, and I am not sure how tall it will be. I will have to go to a hobby store to get the materials for the Racor pit underneath, and I am going to use small Christmas tree light to add some lighting in places. I have been planning this for years now, and I hope to get it together one day, probably when I have a house.

BTW, I think about 2.5 centimeters equals an inch!