PDA

View Full Version : What would Vader have been doing if he wasn't always tracking Rebels?

Toad
11-22-2002, 06:28 AM
Seems like that's all he did; just wonder if he'd be unemployed or something if there were no rebels in the OT. :)

sith_killer_99
11-22-2002, 06:59 AM
He would be crushing anyone who dared to question the will of the Emperor.:D

Pendo
11-22-2002, 07:56 AM
He'd probably start his own chat show. Something like Ricki Lake or Jerry Springer.

Possible show titles:
"I am cheating with my best friend's ewok"
"My father is a wookie, my mother a hutt"
"My father is a Sith and wants to take over the galaxy"
"I can't get a date because I'm small, green, and 900 years old"

PENDO!

scruffziller
11-22-2002, 08:26 AM
If there were no rebels, or the need to track them, there would be no movies.

Rogue II
11-22-2002, 09:25 AM
Multiple choice answer:

a. He would have spent a lot more time in his meditation chamber with his subscription to "PLAYSITH."

b. He would have taken up needle point and made little crafts for the Emperor.

c. He would have organized a glee club and possibly formed a group of dancing stormtroopers to entertain the fleet. They would perform musicals such as "Guys and Dolls" and "Cats."

d. He would have spent more time surfing internet chat rooms under the name "Dark_Helmet."

e. None of the above.

Patient Zero
11-22-2002, 09:41 AM
Three little words: phone sex operator
Well, I did say they were little!

Or he could be a model for Big and Tall Man's clothing stores. Stand in the display window like a statue or do the robot. :rolleyes:

Arrogant Arse
11-22-2002, 10:51 AM
Can you say INFOMERCIALS!!!!! Just flip throuth the Galactic Net late at night and you'd see nothing but All Vader, All the time!

1. The Whilhuff Tarkin Grill

2. Get rich quick the Taun We Way!

3. Mon Mothma's skin tenderizer.

4. Vader-cize!!!!

5. The Juice Looser. (It's whisper Quiet!)

He'd choke the life out of Ron Popiel, and his pitiful band of inventions!

stillakid
11-22-2002, 11:05 AM
Three words: This is CNN

stillakid
11-22-2002, 11:20 AM
But really, that is a good question. WHY? Why does Palpatine want to RULE THE UNIVERSE?

Everytime I watched Pinky and the Brain, I wondered the same question. Why does Brain want to RULE THE WORLD? I mean, what's he going to do with it once he has it? What's the point?

Honestly, the reason most guys strive for power is to get laid. The more power you attain translates into more money. The more money you have means that you get better looking women hanging all over you.

So, yeah, in these kinds of stories, with meglomaniacs desiring ultimate power, all we see is the struggle to get there (and their eventual Hollywood ending downfall). But really, if Palpatine did succeed with his nefarious plan, then what? He could sit on his throne all day doing....?

And Vader. Same thing? Except, presumably his private parts aren't really accessible anymore.

This is the age old question that has never been answered, because, I think, it can't happen. From Stalin, to Hitler, to Bin Laden, to the Roman Empire, , all those guys wanted total control over their societies. The problem is that 100% of the time, the people always fought back and won. Sometimes it takes awhile, but those power-hungry fools always always always lose. The thirst for freedom is too strong. The armies of darkness can try to destroy resistance to their goal, but they can't kill it completely. As long as there is just one individual left alive in opposition to their oppressive ways, the evil ones are always involved in the journey to succeed and never get to enjoy the spoils of success.

Rogue II
11-22-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by stillakid

Honestly, the reason most guys strive for power is to get laid. The more power you attain translates into more money. The more money you have means that you get better looking women hanging all over you.

So, yeah, in these kinds of stories, with meglomaniacs desiring ultimate power, all we see is the struggle to get there (and their eventual Hollywood ending downfall). But really, if Palpatine did succeed with his nefarious plan, then what? He could sit on his throne all day doing....?

Well, the Emperor does have those dignitaries...:eek: (He also had a mistress in the EU world. I think it was in Rogue Squadron)

I don't really understand megolomaniacs either. Hitler wanted to make the "Arians" (sp?) the supreme race of humans, but he wasn't an Arian himself.

Vader doesn't really think for himself too much. The Emperor gives him tasks and Vader completes them by whatever means he sees fit. If there was no Rebellion, I think Vader would be paying visits to politicians and leaders who were not performing to the Emperor's standards.

or

He could go back to pod racing. If he could build "the fastest pod-racer in the galaxy" out of scraps, think of the podracer he could build with Imperial money!! The Emperor would make a forutune off of him.

The Overlord Returns
11-22-2002, 11:59 AM
I think we'd see him busting a move down in the nightclubs of coruscant....

JON9000
11-25-2002, 03:03 PM
He would be playing with his dolls again. Oops! THat was Dark Helmet.

Darth Vellner
11-26-2002, 12:48 PM
................................desk job...:(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-26-2002, 04:41 PM
"Oilin' the droid." :D

Arrogant Arse
11-27-2002, 08:17 AM
Some more possibilities:

1. Darth Vader, Sith lord of 1000 Faces

2. TRL Live! with Darth Vader

3. Darth Vader, Sith Lord of the Dance

4. Live!, with Regis & Darthie Lee

Toad
11-27-2002, 07:25 PM
And now...

Deep Thoughts
by Darth Vader.

"Sometimes I think it would be fun to pretend to choke people by sticking out your thumb and index-finger and talking mean to them. And then, just when they think they're going to die, you can say 'just kidding' and laugh about it over a drink."

Arrogant Arse
12-12-2002, 03:41 PM
"Attention Sports Betters, Lord Darth Vader, the #1 sith lord and odds maker on Coruscant, will for-see the outcome of tonight's Corellia vs. Ord Mantell matchup. And he's going to give you this information absolutely free! Just dial 1-547814-5547148, and mention you heard it here on Holonet Sports!"

SW_Loyalist
12-21-2002, 09:52 AM
What would Vader have been doing if he wasn't always tracking Rebels?

Well, I think you just now pointed out the reason why Palpatine kept them around. The novelizations touched on how Palpatine could have rather easily whiped out the Alliance in it's infancy but found it politically sound to allow them to grow into a problem for him to solve with attaining greater force and power. Only much later did he realize they outgrew his ability to keep under his thumb. It's a bit like a cat with a captured mouse, playing and taunting but it manages to escape. Remember, early on Palaptine was still wrestling against the senate and it's limiting of his power. A carefully managed goal like destroying the Alliance with methodical pacing without destroying it would be his ticket to putting the senate out of business as being made to look policially like part of the problem instead of part of his solution.

Vader was Palpatine's tool to provide the proper friction against the rebels. It seems as though just as ANH begins is just as all the doo doo was hitting the fan, including both the senate's final demise and the Alliance presenting itself as an advesary too large to take advantage of.

So, it's a difficult answer to provide; what would Vader do without the rebels? Maybe it would be a clearer question of what would Vader do in the event that the Rebels were destroyed. I'd say Palpatine and Vader would be on an endless pursuit of more and more power until each died at the hands of newly admitted Sith apprentices.