PDA

View Full Version : Could Leia's mother she spoke of......

scruffziller
11-22-2002, 09:39 AM
may not have been Padme at all? Leia may have had memory of someone being her real mother but it might not have been her.

The Overlord Returns
11-22-2002, 10:36 AM
I think that isa little too "Days of our Lives" for star wars.

Pendo
11-22-2002, 11:09 AM
I don't think Leia had a real memory of her mother. I think it is more the force telling her what her mother was like. Even Leia says "Just images really... feelings". I think it is possible for it to be the force, and allow Padmé to die in Episode III.

PENDO!

The Overlord Returns
11-22-2002, 11:13 AM
Why is everyone so bloodthirsty in regards to padme?

Arrogant Arse
11-22-2002, 11:53 AM
'Cause she's a terrible actress!!!

El Chuxter
11-22-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Why is everyone so bloodthirsty in regards to padme?

"She died when I was very young."
--Leia, ROTJ

The Overlord Returns
11-22-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter

"She died when I was very young."
--Leia, ROTJ

I mean in regards to seeing it happen in ep 3 even though it counters stated fact in the OT?

Toad
11-22-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Arrogant Arse
'Cause she's a terrible actress!!!

If Padme is an actress, then what the heck is she wasting her time with politics for?

El Chuxter
11-22-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns

I mean in regards to seeing it happen in ep 3 even though it counters stated fact in the OT?

I gotcha. I misunderstood what you were asking. D'oh!!

LTBasker
11-22-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
may not have been Padme at all? Leia may have had memory of someone being her real mother but it might not have been her.

Good question... Quite possibly Bail (and if he had a wife) got Leia when she was very wrong, not really able to remember that and if Bail had a wife then if she died when Leia was very young but young enough to remember, then it wouldn't have to be Padme at all. Yeesh, poor Luke, he actually thought he was on to something. :D

Well it could very well work, why would they tell her she was adopted if they were such targets to the Empire already? Luke was obviously told he was adopted considering Owen and Beru were aunt and uncle so he knew of his father, but Leia took the name Organa so it's entirely possible she could've been thinking of her foster mother.

Imperial Monarche
11-24-2002, 11:35 PM
but you know, wen luke asked her to "remember your mother, you REAL mother", she didnt react to him like wat do you mean, my real mother, i only have one or something like that so it does lead to believe she knew she was adopted. and, even though she may have thoughts of her mother doesnt mean she really ever knew her real mother becuase our parents will tell us stuff from wen we were real young, but we dont have direct memories of it just from wat they tell us and we think as if we actually do remember that stuff, but only through wat our parents tell us. so maybe bail organa or his wife (leia's foster parents) told leia about what padme was like so she would have some kind of memory of her even though she never knew her.
then theres the leia saying she died wen leia was very young, well padme had to be alive wen leia was born and, if im mistaken, but babies are considered very young. so she may have died very shortly after the twins were born.

JON9000
11-25-2002, 04:02 PM
Being that Portman was cast on some level due to a resemblance to a young Carrie Fisher, I think this speculation is a bit out of there. Reminds me of my cousin, who in 1983 refused to believe Vader was Luke's father, even after ROTJ. (we were 8) "but his dad could be General Madine!!!!!" I can still hear him.

The Overlord Returns
11-25-2002, 04:07 PM
LOL............general madine...

........well, they did have similar haircuts....