PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Edition Set (3PO/R2)...When, Where?!

JediCole
11-22-2002, 01:19 PM
It has been a while since I've seen anything about the upcoming exclusive Holiday Edition set. Early reports suggested that it would be a Fan Club exclusive, then later many claimed it was a store exclusive (Wal-Mart or TRU). Does anyone out there have the definitive answer? And when does this thing appear in stores or for order? We are getting pretty close to Christmas and it would be foolish for the holder of this exclusive to not have it available pretty pronto! Please help!

Beast
11-22-2002, 01:31 PM
It's a Wal-Mart exclusive. Due to the current restructuring of the Fan Club, all exclusives were shunted to alternate stores. That's why EE got the Sandtroopers. It was supposed to be out for Christmas, but with the dock lockout that occured, who knows if it will show up on time. I'm considering ordering mine from Yestertoys, it will likely cost the same in the store anyway. Damn, looks like it's no longer up for pre-orders there. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
11-22-2002, 02:04 PM
Well, if the dock slowdown makes them show up late, chances are there'll be tons available at clearance prices just after Christmas. :D

JarJarSTINKS
11-22-2002, 02:10 PM
I got mine at amoktime.com for the princely sum of 35 american...no doubt thats alot, but let me tell you its the coolest figure theyve done, no foolin'! It might be available soon, but mines already in my hands so get one if you really want one now! By the way I DONT work for them...

Beast
11-22-2002, 02:15 PM
Amok Time's prices suck. When Yestertoys had them up, they were only $18.00 Mint, $16.00 Non-Mint. I can wait for Wal-Mart to get them in for probably $15.00. $20.00 over retail, just to have things a tiny bit earlier, is a waste of money.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-22-2002, 02:19 PM
How can anybody be excitd about the Holiday Set? It looks like complete crap. Granted, i'm a sucker and if i spot it, i'll prolly think twice about buying. Freakin' hasbro for making me a slave to the toys!! :D

Beast
11-22-2002, 02:22 PM
I'm not really excited, but I do think it's kinda neat. They should have included Santa Yoda as well, but they need to save somthing for next years set. ;) :D

I'll probably end up getting 2 sets, when they hit stores. One for myself, and one for a gift. It's a neat little novelty set, but nothing to really get worked up over. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
11-22-2002, 04:41 PM
Y'know what I find odd? This set is based on the cover of Meco's Star Wars Christmas album (Christmas in the Stars). But that album is so far out of print, all the used copies I've found online have been in the $30 range. :eek: For a real Christmas present from Hasbro, how about including a re-issue of the dang CD with these figures? Yeah, it's cheesy, but everyone loves Meco!

I'm patiently waiting for the first "No, we don't" response.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-22-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Y'know what I find odd? This set is based on the cover of Meco's Star Wars Christmas album (Christmas in the Stars). But that album is so far out of print, all the used copies I've found online have been in the $30 range. :eek: For a real Christmas present from Hasbro, how about including a re-issue of the dang CD with these figures? Yeah, it's cheesy, but everyone loves Meco!

I'm patiently waiting for the first "No, we don't" response.

I agree, they should re-issue it!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Hmmm, the Holiday Set probably won't be available until after Christmas? That's sorta like buying concert tickets the day after the show or a car on your 15th birthday. You lose a bit of the luster.

Well at least it isn't a fan club exclusive anymore.

Banthaholic
11-23-2002, 12:28 AM
I just think it's cool that when my girlfriend harps on me about talking a few Star Wars items off my desk to 'decorate' for the holiday, I'll have something to one up her with.

SirSteve
11-23-2002, 01:20 AM
Check out our Sponsor YesterToys. Their link is at the top of the page. They had them. They will be available for the upcoming Holiday from Wal-Mart for under $14.00.

Freedom
11-23-2002, 04:03 PM
"What do you get
a Wookie for Christmas
when he already owns a comb?

You give him love and understanding"

That's all I remember.

Turbowars
11-24-2002, 12:57 PM
nope, they are all sold out and at $17 & $18 a pop.

2-1B
11-24-2002, 01:48 PM
Well then it's a good thing they aren't part of a giveaway . . . or we'd REALLY have a hard time finding them. . . :rolleyes:

;)

Ohio Jedi
11-25-2002, 06:35 AM
Just found the sets at Walmart this morning. Not a bad set for $13.73.

Beast
11-25-2002, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Ohio Jedi. So it appears that they are going to hit before Christmas. Time to start haunting the stores if you want Santa C-3PO and Reindeer R2-D2! :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediCole
11-25-2002, 05:26 PM
Well, at least I know to start looking and to let my non-Star Wars collecting "Toy Scouts" know to look as well. Though with the way the local Wal-Marts are around here (Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas), we will receive ours in mid-January! Despite Hasbro's announcement that several SKU's were being collected from Wal-Mart so they could put out the newer product. So far I have yet to see any evidence of this at three different local Wal-Mart stores. The sparse amount of space lent to Star Wars in all three stores have pegs sagging under the weight of initial release Saga peg warmers. So I doubt that I will have any of these sets in my hands before Christmas!

vulcantouch
11-25-2002, 11:14 PM
. . .and i'm Quite sure i wouldn't want it, so anyone who might be interested plz refer to my trade wants (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=146080#post146080) for a possible trade (& add to those possible wants a silver r2, var. startours droids & teemto maintanence droid) :)
vt (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=204)

Jedi Master Silas
11-26-2002, 01:29 AM
We just found ours at Wal Mart here in WVa..I wasnt sure if I would buy it but after I saw it I did. I think it looks better then the pictures.

Sentinel18725
12-01-2002, 12:23 AM
I'm anxiously awaiting this one. Gonna give it as a gift for Xmas as well.

Turbowars
12-01-2002, 12:49 AM
The WM around me doesn't even have one figure on the pegs, no BS, not even a JarJarBinks. They have plenty of deluxe, 12", ships, Playsets, but no 3.75" figs

Emperor Howdy
12-01-2002, 04:01 AM
There were three of these vomit buckets at WalMart tonight (Covington, Ga.). I bought one because I am a sick completist who needs counseling. :zzz: So trust me, it's definately NOTHING to get excited over.

DrewDewce
12-01-2002, 09:24 AM
I saw quite a few at Mid-Ohio-Con yesterday for $30 a pop. I doubt I would pay $13, much less $30, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who will.

ConvergeDW
12-01-2002, 06:33 PM
I got one at Walmart, last night mainly because I think it's pretty funny. I was with my mom she got excited about and bought one for herself. Can anyone tell which section they got theirs in. I found 4 of them randomly around the store, and there was no spot for them in the Star wars section. Then I asked a half dozen employees only to be granted the good ol' vacant stare.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-02-2002, 09:34 PM
I assume there in the toy aisle since they are Hasbro made figures, however when I asked a clerk today in the toy department regarding them, she told me to go to the Holiday ornament section and look there. Didn't find any there either! :frus: