PDA

View Full Version : I wish...

Emperor Howdy
11-23-2002, 04:08 AM
....someone would shove a grenade in Missy Elliot's mouth.

**BANG**

aaaaaaaah.....much better. :happy:

Why is no talent the new craze?

Darth Sinister
11-23-2002, 04:18 AM
You forget, we live in the PC world. You can't tell someone that they stick or they might get offended. I for one don't believe in catering to the emotionally weak so.....Missy Elliot's music is pathetically overrated, and the only reason she is where she is, is because she's...........hehe....wouldn't want to get banned now would I?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-23-2002, 11:13 PM
I wish that there were people standing in the vicinity of Missy Elliot when the grenade went off, such as Jennifer Lopez, Brittney Spears, NSYNC and the other boy bands, half of the WWE, P Diddy, Eminem, Christina A., Toby Keith, and Carson Daly among other notable loud mouth, arrogant, overrated, misguided and/or offensive lamebrains that contribute to the downward spiral direction that our youth seems to be heading to.

2-1B
11-24-2002, 01:02 AM
I wish . . . I could finish my wish list . . .

plasticfetish
11-24-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
... and Carson Daly ...

OHHHHHHHH how I hate that guy!

A grenade is simply too good for that twit (Fred Flintstone looking) bore.

The only way that I KNOW the "devil" exists, is because I can't think of any other reason why that boob is on TV ... uuck ... MTV must die.

Old Fossil
11-24-2002, 02:53 AM
Man, am I out of it. I have no idea who Missy Elliot is.

She probably deserves a grenade, though, if she's anything like those on your list, LBC.

plasticfetish
11-24-2002, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
Man, am I out of it. I have no idea who Missy Elliot is.

Well ... please, learn about Missy Elliot (http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/elliott_missy/bio.jhtml) and enjoy.

I just want to know why Howdy is just NOW hating Missy Elliot? Her first album came out like 5 years ago.

scruffziller
11-24-2002, 05:50 AM
Oh Dang I thought they were talking about Macy Gray. I just can't stand how her only existence is to promote her albums.

As for Missy Elliot, she just seemed like someone who was in the right place at the right time. And seems like the kind of person who would be discovered on American Idol. Just kind of...........there.

Old Fossil
11-24-2002, 12:21 PM
Well, thanks, plasticfetish. The MTV article calls her 'one of the most esteemed figures in American music.'l

'Supa Dupa Fly'... hmm... that must surely rank right up there with 'Take Five' and 'American Rhapsody' as one of the great musical slices of Americana. Thank God MTV is there to keep me informed.

Exhaust Port
11-24-2002, 07:45 PM
MTV sucks, plain and simple.

Jargo
11-25-2002, 08:44 PM
Missy Elliot is only ever any good when she's remixed by DJ's. That usually takes out most of the nonsensical lyrics and just leaves the hook which the better DJ's can work with. As an artist who's been prepared to go out on a limb to be innovative in here videos then i say she's pretty hot. I'd rather watch a Missy Elliot arthouse music video than yet another Rock music video featuring windswept guys with long hair and shades and some bimbo chick getting moist over the amplifier or something lame and hackneyed. factory produced boybands are prime for the grenades and so are all those Jennifer Lopez cloned girlies with over produced identical sounding 'musical endeavours' I used to like the beats from the Indian subcontinent but now that they became the new latin beat I'm bored already. Anyone using Indian beats is just jumping o the bandwagon that arrived too late and is no longer fashionable or hip because it never was. It simply existed in its own right and these factory made singers and bands using it just shows a lack of originality and imagination same as always. Music these days is just one continuos dirgeful din. There's nothing to mark any one artist out from another. Homogenuity is key it seems as all these modern artistes appear to be highly esteemed by all of us according to the press and the media. I haven't bought a new album in four years my interest in modern music is that low. I follow all the new bands in the vain hope of something good actually happening but so far nothing has materialised while artists like Bratney spears and Justin Timberlake rule the roost and Rap is stomping all over everything with that constant annoying droning voice and mismatched samples crap. Half of me wants to switch off music forever I'm so bored with it all but then i'd miss the occasional glimmer of hope like Badly drawn boy or Aqualung.

Emperor Howdy
11-26-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by plasticfetish
I just want to know why Howdy is just NOW hating Missy Elliot? Her first album came out like 5 years ago.

Oooooooooh no, no, no, sir..........I've hated her for QUITE some time. It's just she's got a recent video prancing around her new "fat, but not really" body like she's Elizabeth Hurley now. I'm just finally being vocal about it. She sucks....period. I'm sending Jargo a smaller, less lethal "punishment" grenade for saying "she's pretty hot". I can't really talk, though. I'm too bias. I hate all hip-hop.

My most recent CD is Audioslave, the Cornell/Rage deal.

plasticfetish
11-26-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
her new "fat, but not really" body

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Jedi Master Silas
11-26-2002, 06:38 PM
I dont mind Missy Elliott. I like the original beats that she and Timbaland put together and her videos are always one of kind.

InsaneJediGirl
11-30-2002, 10:39 PM
LBC,You forgot Eminem:rolleyes:He really needs a reality check and a swift kick in the :eek: :evil: :eek:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-30-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
LBC,You forgot Eminem:rolleyes:He really needs a reality check and a swift kick in the :eek: :evil: :eek:

Don't worry IJG, I made sure that he was included in that list. Perhaps, I should have gave him top billing. :D