PDA

View Full Version : What AOTC MMs would be cool

ARTOO
11-23-2002, 01:33 PM
Okay, so my name is ARTOO again. I couldn't remember my information for hodude. I haven't had much reason to check in recently. And I haven't bought any Hasbro stuff lately. But I really want to give them my money if they'd just make AOTC micro stuff. Maybe they need ideas.

Okay, since we've all seen the movie now, what sets would
be cool from AOTC in MMs?

I think:
Vehicle sets:
Hmmm...I'm not really into the vehicles, just the figures.
A good guy set with Anikan, Obiwan, and Obiwan's ship or
the speeder or Mace or Yoda or any other Jedi

A Naboo set with Capt Typhoo, Senator Jar Jar, Padme, or
new Queen with some vehicle, maybe the ship that got blown
up in the beginning of the movie

A bad guy set with Zam Wessel and her ship and Jango and
his ship

Kind of bad guy set
Geonosian leader or warrior or a Kamino alien

Evil guy set with Emperor or Dooku and a Solar sailer (or
these could just be part of the playsets)

Extras set
any other vehicles, a C3P0 or Artoo D2 or Tusken raider
(would really like a female Tusken with child, but old
Galoob stuff would be fine)

Figure packs
My favorites.
A set with 8 clonetroopers
A set with 8 battledroids (this could be the ep1 set in
rust color)

Platform playsets:
Arena Battle (duh!)
All three "monster" animals. Maybe an Anakin riding a Reek.
Maybe Padme and on or tied to pillar. An Obiwan with that
spear. And of course, a destroyer doid, battledroid, and
Geonosian warrior. And if this is a big playset, also a
Mace Windu and Jango Fett to fight and maybe a Jedi or two.

Battle for Geonosis
an AT-TE a Troop transport and maybe one of those droid
rocket launchers with the big "hula hoops" for wheels. And
a couple clonetroopers and a battledroid and super
battledroid. Maybe a Jedi or Mace or Yoda to lead the
clonetroopers. The playset base is just a "dirt" platform
with a few rock formations sticking up and a generator
structure or something sticking up out of the ground.

Transforming head or "Inside action" playsets
Jango Fett head or Slave One ship
folds out to reveal the landing platform on Kamino. An
Obiwan and Jango figure to fight (maybe a string to attach
the two together) and maybe a little Boba running to the
ship. The ship could be a Slave One.

Dex head
With a little Dex Diner inside with Dex, Obiwan and that
waitress and maybe an alien or two.

Tyranus head or Solar Sailer transformer set
A Solar Sailor and figures of Dooku, Anakin, Obiwan, and
Yoda all with lightsabers. The insides would reveal that
platform they fought on.

What do you think? Any other ideas?
Thanks
ARTOO

Hawkwind
11-25-2002, 10:31 AM
Welcome back

If people are to realisticly create huge clone and droid army's the only realistc way they can do it is by buying mm fig's (if they ever release them ).

Even if they bring out clone battlepaks it'll cost a fortune to get a few hundread fig's.

good shot jansen
11-25-2002, 01:14 PM
those are all great ideas artoo, and if galoob was still around, we'd prolly be tawkin' bout how much we like em instead of just sittin' around hopin' and waitin' :(

i saw the imax version this weekend. the movie was gorgeous at that size! everything was crystal clear. it made me want even more so, for hasbro to get off the stick and re-introduce micro machines. so many cool ships, and tons of new characters that need to be made in the think big play small scale.

is it just me, or does everyone else feel a no need to hurry attitude in tracking down the just released wave III af's?

i already got a kajillion snowspeeders in every configuration and factory error varient, not sure if i truely need to get another re-paint. (i got more snowspeeders than anything else already)

as fer the walker, i'm happy with the 4 i already got, not quite sure if i'm gonna plunk the 10 bucks down to git another...........sheeesh:frus:

Jangu Fett
11-25-2002, 07:12 PM
Any AOTC character or vehicle would be awesome. Especially the Acclamator Transport.

And GSJ is right. Is anybody in a hurry for wave 3 of the AF? I mean, I have about 4 each Snowspeeder and AT-AT. And whats going on with the 4th wave? Is it delayed, or will we see the Republic Gunship, Acclamator Transport, and Slave-1 ( Boba Fett's ) in January? With the details Hasbros putting into the AF, not including the Solar Sailer, I'm kind of looking forward to Slave-1. However, it would be better with a Mini-Fig Boba Fett. I hope if the new Af is delayed, Hasbro's adding the MIni-figs.

JediTricks
11-25-2002, 09:08 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the MM minifigs, but vehicles are another story. Here's a list of all the MMs from AOTC I'd buy:

Ani Speeder
Zam Speeder
Jedi Starfighter
Jedi Starfighter w/ hyperspace ring
Slave I
Solar Sailer
AT-TE
Naboo Royal Cruiser
Naboo Yacht
Republic Gunship
Gunship-style ship that carried AT-TE
Hailfire Droid (wheeled droid)
Trade Federation core ship
Republic assault ship (aka Acclamator troop transport)
Chancellor's airbus (not 100% sure this was in Ep 2)
Coruscant airbus
Coruscant starfreighter
Coruscant train car (I'm not sure what this one is called, it's the one Padme and Anakin leave Obi-Wan and Typho behind in, it's very different from the airbus which was seen in Ep 1)

Some of those vehicles are stuff I'd only want as MM, not Action Fleet or Die Cast.

As for Wave 3, if Hasbro hadn't gotten that dandruff all over them, I'd be excited, but in ESB, I don't remember the AT-AT and Snowspeeder actually being covered in snow.

vulcantouch
11-25-2002, 11:42 PM
art: "not really into the vehicles, just the figures"
jt: "not a huge fan of the MM minifigs, but vehicles are another story"
-yeah, are you listening to us hasbo? quit stickin yer peanut butter in our chocklit (& vice-versa) :mad: :p

jt: "Coruscant train car (I'm not sure what this one is called, it's the one Padme and Anakin. . ."
-as any o-jay could tell you, that one's called the Luvve Train ;)
vt

LTBasker
11-26-2002, 12:41 AM
Here's what I'd definitely buy:

MM Vehicles:

- Republic Gunship
- Clone Trooper Transport (Acclamator Class)
- AT-TE
- Jedi Starfighter
- SPHA-T Cannon Walker
- Republic Carriership (modified Gunship to carry an AT-TE)
- Hail Fire Droid
- JSF Hyperdrive Ring (which can connect to the JSF)
- Anakin Speeder
- Zam Speeder
- Slave I
- Solar Sailer
- Naboo Royal Cruiser
- Naboo Yacht
- Trade Federation core ship

All of those could easily translate into 3-pack sets.

Figure sets could be:
- Clone Troopers
- Battle Droids (how hard could this be? They had a BD pack for E1 MMs!)
- Geonosians
- Jedi Knights/Masters
- Good Classic Characters (Main good guys)
- Bad Classic Characters (Main bad guys)
- "Deluxe" Characters (Anakin on speederbike, Dooku on speederbike, Clone on speederbike, Geonosian with mobile cannon, Nexu)

Of course forget that whole specific movie line crap, bring back the generic Star Wars MM line! It could have TPM, OT and AOTC ships and characters in it, especially the ones that were short released or never made it into production. (MM TPM 14-16) If they want to space out their designs more so they don't run out too quickly then bring in stuff like EU sets.

good shot jansen
11-26-2002, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by vulcantouch
as any o-jay could tell you, that one's called the Luvve Train

now if only hasbro would git on the good foot, they could be changin' they're dayum tune from "what they do...boom boom.............the back stabbers":o to "boing ba ba....boom ba ba ba ba badda badda.....money money money moneeeeeee":o

britcit3
11-26-2002, 11:39 AM
Just in case anybody IS interested, D&S toys have the new Snowspeeder & AT-AT for a bargain $22.99.

Just ordered them - once again, even with trans-Atlantic postage, it's still cheaper than buying in the UK (and I ain't even seen wave 2 at retail over here yet !!).

All in all, a very nice guy to deal with.........

http://www.dnstoys.com/

Cheers

BC3

Hawkwind
11-26-2002, 05:10 PM
Britcit3 , have the battlepacks been relesed over here yet ?

JediTricks
11-26-2002, 11:02 PM
Oh, I'd also take any/all of those generic speeders that Anakin foolishly passed up when he picked out the one with the "gonzo" color scheme.

britcit3
11-27-2002, 02:07 AM
Hawkwind

You can buy them from this UK company.......

http://www.koolcollectables.com/

but @ 16.99 each & postage, I think that I will pass.

Cheers

BC3

ARTOO
11-28-2002, 12:17 PM
Well, on a brighter note. I emailed the very same wantlist to Hasbro, and unlike in the past, they didn't say NO. Usually I get a generic stock reply saying they don't make MMs anymore. Here's what they said:

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your taking the time to share your opinions with us regarding Micro Machine sets for Star Wars.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. We will share your comments with our management team so that they are also aware of your views.

We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.

Again, thank you for contacting us, and for your comments.

Maybe they are already planning something for next year or 2004 in the run-up to Episode 3.

ARTOO:)

jeddah
11-28-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Oh, I'd also take any/all of those generic speeders that Anakin foolishly passed up when he picked out the one with the "gonzo" color scheme.

Can I get a Hell Yeah!!! (but in AF format) :evil: :D

jeddah

Jangu Fett
11-28-2002, 02:02 PM
Great Hasbro knows we want the MM back, and they might release them. Now how about those AF Mini-Figures??