PDA

View Full Version : Canucklehead chat session.....

jjreason
11-23-2002, 03:22 PM
Hey again all. Here's a new thread to discuss the movies, hockey, small talk, etc. The Master List for Canada thread has broken out into a gab session, so I figured this thread might be useful. Might get closed, too as it's somewhat off topic - but there's no Mod over here so hopefully not! Okay, I get to go first....what do you all do? I know about Carl (Mabudon) and Fourtwo's jobs and hobbies (a little bit), so fill us in. What makes you happy?

fourtwo
11-23-2002, 07:50 PM
what makes me happy?
sexy dames and plenty of em!
heh.
seriously, i skateboard and thats about it. sleep is pretty fresh these days too

mabudonicus
11-24-2002, 08:09 AM
Yeah, might as well take advantage of the unmoderated status of this place, eh??
Here's a quick bio of myself for those here who I don't actually speak with "live".....
I'm a 29 year old living in the economically depressed golden horseshoe, I answer phones for a living and have sort of a love/hate relationship with that...
I LOVE SW, Gundam, Heavy Metal, Experimental Jazz and Leafs Hockey (6-0 over philly last night, it was like a dream!!)
I live with my sweet gf and our plan is to open a vegetarian (or vegan) restaurant, since there aren't any good ones here and we're vegans, so there's nowhere for us to go out to eat..
Ahhh that's enough, other than to add that I pretty much hate all hollywood movies , starting usually the first time I hear the title.. give me old gijoe cartoons anytime...

Oh, and I love good beer, not no big corporate stuff (well, brick's gettin up there).. stouts and porters ideally, but the selection here sucks, so usually dark or nut-brown ales....

oh, and finally, I'm a master painter of miniatures and model builder, mostly gundam kits and fantasy miniatures...
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

jjreason
11-25-2002, 02:39 AM
Cool beans. Im James Reason officially, Mountie and sworn protector of our freedom and this vast and beautiful land of ours (at least in my own mind). 2 kids occupy most of my down time, but I do like SW and Marvel comics. 30 years old, sadly enough.

fourtwo
11-25-2002, 05:14 AM
oh i left out all that stuff. i'm not comfortable dropping my name on here, or anywhere else online for that matter so sorry, you'll have to keep wondering.
i turn 23 this wednesday, i work at TRU and all i ever do these days is work and sleep. star wars is my main obsession, although i recently got in to hot wheels and i always buy any action figure i deem "cool enough"

jjreason
11-26-2002, 01:56 AM
Anybody else think the Wings are having a lousy road trip? (Skunked in Van, OT loss to the Oilers tonight..... time for Legace to be #1 Im thinking).

fourtwo
11-26-2002, 02:00 AM
i think the canucks are the best team in hockey (always have), so no, i think they should keep doing what they're doing and let vancouver win the cup.

mabudonicus
11-26-2002, 08:50 AM
Ahhh, Haven't been keeping up on the whole league, working the stupid switch shifts I do I only ever get to see whole Leafs games if I'm off or on weekends (oh, and I'm off tonight, we play the Caps)
The Blue and White have been having huge problems this year too... those coupla shutouts were nice, but I'm not convinced, I think it's gonna take the return of gary roberts in jan. to really cement this years on-ice product.. wish we'd a never traded shcwabbie, man..... still, the Leafs should be able to dog it into the post-season as always...
Detroit- yeah, sorry jj, not the team they should have, given the roster... when they're back at full strength (about the same time as the Leafs it's slated for, right?) and they are still having trouble you can start worrying, but they're okay for now.. at least none of us are (gulp!) thrashers fans:):):):).......

fourtwo
11-26-2002, 12:05 PM
the canucks beat them last night
:D

jjreason
11-26-2002, 10:52 PM
Ugly. Half the teams in the damned league are in cities that don't give a rat's *** about hockey. Imagine the "on ice product" (nice one, Carl!) if there were only 15 teams???? Okay - Ill take 21 back to the days when I was a kid - hockey would be the best once again. For now, the NFL is king in terms of league parity and excitement.

mabudonicus
11-27-2002, 08:44 AM
Yeah, expansion on the name of greed has really diluted the league in general... I mean, when you have to make up "special" rules to keep guys like Mccabe (from the Leafs, a player from my town no less) from doing his "signature" can-opener, you know that something ain't right.... the influx of new players from abroad sort of helps keep up the talent pool, but the way the franchaises were pushed in so many places where Hockey is more of a joke than a sport (recalling the Canes fans in the playoffs last year, chanting "DE-FENSE" when their team had a power-play..... INTERESTING...) just to open up more lucrative markets with higher pop. density and stronger currency... what happens when a few of them teams fold, simply cause not enough people care??
It hurts especially in light of the losses of a few great teams to the states (and theoretically "healthier" markets, let alone totally disinterested)....
I mean, The ducks could have all of my favourite players of all time on the team, and there's no way I would EVER say "go ducks go", cause they're disney merchandise, and I right hates disney, mostly for their "off ice" product:):):)... (how's THAT JJ?)
Maybe Hamilton will get a team and then we'll be set..

Isn't it sad that this is all we have to talk about in a sw collecting forum, this close to xmas? I'm starting to get worried about CERTAIN figures that don't seem to be forthcoming...

jjreason
11-27-2002, 08:55 AM
Yeah, Im getting a little antsy myself....Ive gotten a few new figures but all from the US. Snowtroopers claims we're getting the Clone Pilot/Jango Pilot wave up here, but noone (not even those stars on the east coast) are finding them yet. We're cutting it kind of close. Oh, and the Ephant Line is NOT slated for Canadian release, so for all those jazzed about him I suggest hitting ebay or a US etailer soon. I got mine in a pkg deal with a couple other figures I needed at a reasonable cost on ebay. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.

fourtwo
11-28-2002, 11:29 AM
we'll get em. i'm sure of that.

mabudonicus
11-29-2002, 08:17 AM
Shoot I hope so- maybe gonna have to swing some kind of trade with you , JJ.... I just can't bear the thought of paying 30 bucks for im at some androids dungeon.. the local guy here seems to have ticked hasbro off or something, as he still has no figs other than what's left of the 1st 18 from saga/clones.... Anyone confirm the ephant rumour?? We simply must get some new "on shelf" product, dammit...
Oh, afternoon Leafs vs philly today... I work at 1, dammit, right when the puck drops... gotta get the score at work then look forward to tomorrow vs the sabres, should be pretty fun....

Oh, on a quick closing note, it's "BUY NOTHING" day today, so if you can, try not to buy anything for just this one day, it's a pretty cool form of protest, and it would have big results if everyone participated...

jjreason
11-29-2002, 09:46 PM
I bought gas. Sorry Carl! Leafs won, though, and another shutout for Eddie the Eagle. I can hear that bubble bursting any day now.....

One report states the Clone Pilot has been confirmed shipped to stores by Hasbro Canada, how they can confirm something like that is beyond me - but check your WalMarts, Sears and TRU's this week to see if it's true. No word on Zellers hitting this score. My Zellers has more damned accessory sets than we know what to do with, Id literally have to take out a short term loan to buy them all. 4 pegs jammed. If anyone needs these or extras, Im your guy - straight up for dlx figs I need....anyone? PM me.

Other than that, back to work tomorrow am bright and early and Ive got some videogaming to do.....check y'all later!

fourtwo
11-29-2002, 10:28 PM
ephant mon showed up at a "specialty" store here in vancouver, i missed him though. hopefully the guy who said i'd be able to get one he ordered will still come through for me. neat toy i tell ya, not that i seen it in person yet...

jjreason
11-30-2002, 10:40 AM
It's kick-***. I was sure it was out of scale, but checking ROTJ it seems pretty darned good. There's one scene where Luke and Han are being dragged before Jabba - it clearly shows Ephant standing up 3 stairs from their position, right beside Lando in skiff guard outfit. Lando then comes down the stairs. It provides a perfect chance to reference his size + height, Hasbro is close to spot on. The paint makes it really terriffic though. Great, great detail. Enjoy him when you get him.

fourtwo
12-01-2002, 01:22 AM
i just hope i do get him

mabudonicus
12-01-2002, 02:14 PM
Yeah, that is bad news... was yours reasonably priced, JJ?
I just simply must have him... my gf would get him for me for xmas, but if she can't ,she can't, which means I'll get socks or something like that...
MORE shutouts for eddie..... and whaddya mean about the "bubble bursting", JJ? The bubble burst in game 2 of the season IMHO.... the team's looking good now, at least, can'r wait for Roberts' return, then there'll be no-one to stop us:):):)

jjreason
12-01-2002, 05:05 PM
Yeah, not too bad. Look for a pkg deal, I got 4 new figs for 25 plus shipping which worked out to a whopping 50 bucks CDN. 12.50 each is approx 10 + taxes each (which I felt was worth it in this case). I got Ephant, Jango and Clone pilots and the new Kiadi Mundi. Not super cheap at all, but Im concerned about us missing a few of the last 10 figures up here.

jjreason
12-11-2002, 11:43 AM
Any news yet on Clonetroopers turning up? I guess on this thread no news is BAD news, huh? Oh well. The other sites seem to have just as little to report. Only 2 weeks until Christmas....

In other worldly events, I want to toss out a couple of props to Martin Biron, Mirko Satan and the rest of the Buffalo Sabres - who seem to be doing a pretty good job of shaking off the teams demons and just playing a little hockey over the last couple of weeks. We're rooting for you, guys. Honourary Canadians, those folks in Buffalo.

fourtwo
12-11-2002, 11:46 AM
its possible. i know we're still getting trucks with new stuff on em, its just not star wars..yet..i hope.

mabudonicus
12-12-2002, 08:40 AM
Yeah, Buffalo, it makes where I work sound a lot easier... it could be a real Cinderella story this year if the hockey Gods are watching (and we KNOW they are)... in our area we used to be able to see all their games, and despite the fact that I'm a die-hardest Leafs fan, I've always had a soft spot for the Sabres.. I hope they can prove most folks wrong this year.
The Leafs have FINALLY gotten into the rankings in thier division, as well, making my pride swell:):):)
Looks like they're up to their old tricks, just have to wait for the return of Roberts and see what happens, won't be long now...
Is Steve Y still slated for January as well, JJ?

jjreason
12-12-2002, 08:49 AM
I think so, Carl. Here's to hoping, eh? Everybody loves Stevie (!!!) and the Wings need a fire lit under their a$$e$ big time. My old timers team this year is wearing blue with yellow trim - keep your eyes out for any vintage Sabres wear kicking around that "Golden Triangle" of yours and let me know if you see any for a reasonable price! The boys would go nuts if JJR hit the ice in a #11 "Perreault" jersey circa 1980!

mabudonicus
12-25-2002, 09:49 AM
I've been looking, no Sabres stuff yet man....
I just gotta say, The ephant-free nature of this xmas sucks... if anyone reads this who can help fix tyhe ephant deficiency in any way, please let me know, my patience feels like it's starting to work against me.... PLEASE, I simply must have him, and I've no credit card or anything to buy him electronically with, making him that much more elusive than he already is....
Dammit, I gotta have him, someones GOT to have the scoop....

jjreason
12-25-2002, 04:13 PM
Im working on this for you. I wanted it to be a surprise, but dammit it's Christmas and Ive failed so far. Stop worrying. The plan is for Ephant to show up unannounced at your pad, as part of the compensation pkg. Rest easy friend.

jjreason
01-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Chris, sorry you got the boot from those ingrates at TRU. Maybe you'll find a sweet job from whence to glean your revenge.....here's to hoping anyway. At least now you won't feel bad when you buy cheaper stuff elsewhere.

mabudonicus
01-13-2003, 01:52 PM
Yeah, working in a place that brings shame is a tough row to hoe... I'm currently screwed, as the only "industry" left in our town is tele-marketing, and I've only been doing it (at least it's inbound, but still) since september and I feel I'm through already... anyone in the Niagara area have any leads????

Also, in a Canadian way, the Leafs game against Boston on Saturday made me change my Avatar, at least till the heat goes down a bit.. man, that was the first game in a long time that I stopped watching with 10 minutes or so left on the clock, it was just terrible.... Any boston fans here wanna free shot, they're just giving them away!!!! Let's hope the Rangers are tired tonight!!

jjreason
01-13-2003, 03:01 PM
Is anyone else from Just Found Canada in the SSG NHL pool? Just wondering, the only other people I know are involved are Rynobot, Rogue II and LBC from Buffalo. There are 10 people total so that leaves many unknown to me. Just wondering.......

Jerjerrod
01-14-2003, 01:16 AM
Sorry to be off topic, but has any of you seen any new figures lately, it seems like everything is at a stand still here in Toronto.

I hate it when this happens... it make me browse at goodies on ebay. :o

btw, jjreason, why do people always thank you for the figures that they get? Just curious.

mabudonicus
01-14-2003, 09:50 AM
No worries about the off topic thing Jer, this thread is topic-free as far as I can tell...
Why do folks thank JJreason, you ask?? He ROCKS, man, as the thread similarly titled points out quite clearly... seriously, he's a great guy, funny as hell AND he's a Mountie, so he ALWAYS gets his man (even if he has to stay up all night having bidding wars on e-bay or whatever:):)) If ou're looking for something and JJ can help you out, have no fear dealing with him, he is right on.

Anyways, back off to the on topic (or whatever) what about the Sabres and Sens filing for creditor protection?? That's bad news... why can't it be the Ducks or some other fake team, why the Sens?? Why the Sabres??? The sens had just, in the last few seasons, become a force to be reckoned with, and they paid their dues LARGE in the first few years... the Sabres, from a great Hockey town..... fun building to play in...... cheapest way for a Leafs fan to see teh Leafs... I used to watch lots of Sabres games in the day.... I'ts a sad state of affairs.. and now the Leafs new trend of getting torn to PIECES EVERY NIGHT.... I can't wait till calgary tears us a new hole tonight :(

Oh, and I'm not in the pool, if I was, I'd be in the last place, as Wendel Clark would be my #1 player, as I expect him to come back every game..... Typical deluded Leafs fan as I am...
#17 RULES!!! WENDEL FOREVER!!!!

jjreason
01-15-2003, 01:34 AM
Al Iafrate...Rick Vaive... Gary Leman.... Wilf Paiment (#99 in your program, #1 in your heart!!)...Mike Palmateer...Jiri Crha... Borje Salming....Darryl Sitler....Ian Turnbull... Lanny McDonald....Dan Daoust....

And Jerjerrod, I simply had the means to help fellows out, and did. I still owe Mabudon for "services rendered", and Fourtwo was simply in the right place at the right time to be hooked up. NO favorites, if you're looking for anything let me know. We don't have much up here, but Im crazy when it comes to internet shopping. :crazed:

mabudonicus
01-15-2003, 09:24 AM
Ahhh, the old Greats... my little cousin's first perfectly pronounced word was Dan Daoust, actually....
I've got cards of more than half of the list... the oldest one I have is a Paul Henderson from the early 70's, I believe 72.....
Iafrate, CLASSIC, on of my fave players of all time.... Sittler, Wreggett... Ing, Puppa.... Gill..... Speedy russ courtnall...... Vaive...
Lucien Deblois.... Semenko (Oilers or Leafs, either's good)... Big number four, Brad Marsh........ What a list, with more to come...

jjreason
01-15-2003, 09:53 PM
John Anderson....John Kordic.....Glenn Anderson....Jim Korn.....

Running low here, Ill have to consult at website or some old sticker albums!

Jerjerrod
01-16-2003, 04:36 AM
I hope you can help me out in the future then. Thanks.

fourtwo
01-16-2003, 06:23 PM
ahhh sticker albums. i remember those.
boo leafs!

jjreason
01-16-2003, 11:40 PM
Im not a fan of the Laughs either - please please PLEASE don't get that idea!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Growing up in London, it seemed that every Saturday night we'd get treated to coverage of the crappy Leafs, complete with frequent glimpses of one of the NHL's all time Hutts - Harold Ballard. Crikey, I've seen dead folks looking a lot better than that decrepit old bugger. What a great villain....

Seems like the names of some of them old 80's Leafs are burnt into my brain forever.

mabudonicus
01-17-2003, 08:30 AM
Ahh yesss, that's how they do it....:):):)
Anyways, the Leafs rule, glad we all agree.........
I honestly can't say what mad eme start liking them, when I lived up in Bracebridge I watched a lot of boston games (late 70s) and they were the fave, but after moving to the golden horseshoe, something changed and the Blue and White called to me.. it was either all the swearing and fighting, the rugged dependability without any super-abilities, or something that they put in the water down here... I LOVE the team, but I'll be the first to admit that they're not perfect....
remember the years of the default captain, Rob Ramage???
Borje Salming?? Val James, the huge black dude they had for a few games?? Tom Kurvers???

jjreason
01-17-2003, 06:28 PM
Admittedly liked Tommy Kurvers. #19 I believe? :D A rushing (not Russian!) defenceman with nifty moves in the neutral zone....

Where's he now? I actually have played in a police/oldtimers game against Gary Nilan I think that's his name (another tall blond defender who had back trouble and now works as a fireman in Vancouver). He was skilled! So was Dave "Tiger" WIlliams, man can he ever still play. Eddie Shack (OLD TIME HOCKEY!!!!!) was the ref! It was awesome. The next year I played on the same team as Marcel Dionne!!!!

....Jim Bening.....Gaston Gingras.......

fourtwo
01-17-2003, 06:37 PM
tiger williams is great, love that guy!

mabudonicus
01-19-2003, 07:44 AM
Gingras, yeah... My uncle is/was friends with Dionne... I recall Nyland as well, I think that's the spelling..
Eddie shack used to drive a little dune-buggy thing in the Xmas parade in Bracebridge, he would be all drunk and crazy and drive mass irresponsibly, doing his rep job for the POP SHOPPE back in the grand old days.. I thought he was AWESOME......
The Leafs have been fun to watch for the last two, still waiting on Roberts though.....
Oh, and off topic, I think Mynock hunt chewie may be here at zellers in the fairview mall, Jedielf saw him but she's not positive it was that one, I'm gonna check it out today...
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

jjreason
01-19-2003, 04:13 PM
GUH? A NEW FIGURE IN CANADA???????????????????????????

OH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!!!

Can't be true. Maybe it can? Naaaaaa.....

fourtwo
01-19-2003, 08:32 PM
those aren't even showing up south of the border yet are they?

Jerjerrod
01-20-2003, 12:20 AM
Could it be Bespin Chewie with C-3PO's body stolen? :p

That's good news. I will make a trip to Zellers soon.

mabudonicus
01-26-2003, 09:01 AM
Ahhh, I dunno, she just told me it was a chewie figure with no c-3po.... I'll check myself today, on the strength of jjreason's mention of CT pilot in the other thread here...

Just wanted to ask, does anyone anywhere around my area know where one would find a copy of the SNES game "metal warriors"?? I LOVE that game, have the system, and want it like no-one's business, I've been looking for 3 years with no success.... ANYONE?????
(Oh, and I'll post my zellers findings here later on)

fourtwo
01-26-2003, 12:52 PM
nothing new at any zellers i have been to, not even new hot wheels

jjreason
01-26-2003, 02:43 PM
Carl, Ill hit ebay for "Metal Warriors" for SNES, I don't have it and never did. I do have a sweet working FFI for NES however - no box but it works. It's cool! I have a few others but need a working system too. I love vintage vids.....

Do you have the SW trilogy for SNES - those were super as well. Hard games but fun.

mabudonicus
01-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Cool man, I'm sure you'd be able to track it down it was a pretty hot game, I was posting it in the hopes that someone here just had it as a paperweight or some such, ya never know...
Yeah, the SW games were totally wicked, I have owned them all... I play Super Black Bass when I'm really stressed out, it's relaxing... are any of the other fishing sims any good?? there's a few of em, I never tried any others...
Metal warriors is totally AWESOME, maybe the best title ever, you pilot 60 ft robots, ripped right off from Gundam and Macross, and you can go head to head.... there's lots of great powerups, the rngine is flawless, and the coolest feature is that if your robot is taking a beating or trapped somehow, you hit a button and your pilot leaps out wearing a jetpack and carrying a pistol, giving you a slight fighting chance of getting to another robot.... if both pilots eject at the same time, you can duel, it's just downright awesome.... I'm sure you would rock on it, man, it's right perfect!!
Oh, and I got Herc and Hobgoblin (which I owe to my buddy) and a IC wasp with a silver ring on her base- is she special somehow??? If she's tradebait, I might use her as such, she's just wasp, after all...

jjreason
01-27-2003, 05:17 PM
Hey! That's the Unique Wasp - you could get a RAFT of common figures for her, she goes about 12 US bucks on ebay! Good news...
Im building up quite a slew of extras again, let me know who you're needing from IC and Ill send you another small box of commons, I have lots of extras from the new set too...maybe Ill just ship some out and let you have at em. Pretty cool little figures.

You should ask the guy who sells if he'll trade 3 packs for the Wasp, he may only go 2, but that's better than none!

jjreason
02-18-2003, 02:51 AM
Okay, big news at JJ's house. My family and I are relocating to Nanaimo sometime in the next 3 months. We just got word through work on Friday, and the ball starts rolling toward getting our house up for sale this week.

Anyone live in the area?
Is there a comic store?
Is the WalMart in the north end any good for SW stuff?
Anyone know of any keen houses on the market?
Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller.........

mabudonicus
02-18-2003, 06:22 AM
Wow, you sure are gonna be busy, man!!!
Nanaimo's real nice, I'm sure there'll be something for ya.. the only folks I know there are quite old..... I will ask my lawyer buddy, he lives close-ER to that area, and may have friends there...
If you want to move here, there's a nice piece of property across the street, all's you'd have to do is burn off the existing structure and start fresh... please?????:):)

fourtwo
02-18-2003, 02:43 PM
nanimo from PG?
i liked it better down here then up there, although i wanna go back to PG to check out all my old spots and home

jjreason
02-18-2003, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I've been to PG for a few courses here and there, but Im currently in Rupert - right on the coast. PG is halfway to Van from here! Should be a good move for us.

fourtwo
02-18-2003, 11:19 PM
best of luck on the move

seth_quinn
02-19-2003, 12:47 AM
hey everyone, this is my first post in the canuck forum. mini bio: seth_quinn, live just west of gta, 3.75 completist, ebay sniper (sorry if you've suffered my wrath - exchange rate, what can I say?), rarely use capitals, web designer, snowboarder - ontario parks and whistler's deep powder & glades, still play hockey year round. don't know how you're all doing for dlx packs but was at tru in brampton on the weekend: few slashing anakin, nexu, lots of 3po and genosian w/pod so go have a look if you're in need. ebay tip for loose collectors: ask some sellers if they've got damaged cards they're looking to unload and save a few bucks. also, never let anyone ship ups, their brokering fee is $30 - Canada post is only $5. been a collector all to myself for a long time and have lots of opinions so looking forward to some decent conversations.

jjreason
02-19-2003, 01:58 AM
Cool beans, Seth. Welcome to SSG - Canada Style. We try to keep our eyes open for each other, for the most part as it's hard enough finding anything good up here let alone everything good. How long have you been collecting?

mabudonicus
02-19-2003, 08:15 AM
Sorry to interrupt...
Greetings, seth.. you'll find this forum fairly handy for just found, and it's a great place to talk about Canad and stuff whilst Hasbro overlooks us :):):)
You and JJ probably keep ebay profitable, if you're anywhere as bad as he is. Glad to have another Canuck on board!! Hail!!
Quick not, JJ- you'll be dealing with a whole new breed of Lannies now, eh?? Nanaimo is mostly a retirement style community though, right??? (I am likely quite wrong, don't be afraid to point this out).. my picture collection may have to serve as your only link...

And in collecting news, the walmarts are selling the 3 cantina sets for 7 bucks here (at least the wm in the west, out by the 406)... if ya missed em, now's as good a time as any....
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

seth_quinn
02-19-2003, 12:56 PM
hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome. jj - only had a few things as a child as we were pretty strapped so... started casually with potf2 - mid 90's, 20 something disposable income and the decision to have something I always wanted as a child. but I was totally unaware of all the fan club, US store exclusives etc. space and cash were declining come episodeI so I decided to give it up. then wal-mart put all the eI stuff on sale big time and that sucked me back in all the way and then some.

seth_quinn
02-20-2003, 12:43 AM
mabudon - st catharines, do you make frequent trips across the border to get most of your stuff? I think I read in here that you're a vegan? I'm vegetarian. there's an amazing vegan restaurant in oakville. it'd be about a 30-45 minute drive for you but if there isn't much else in your area it's totally worth the drive. they also have a grocery section with some tasty goodies off their menu. I suggest the chicken nuggets, I promise they're the best you've ever had. the croquettes are also really good, great for putting on subs.

the fact that hasbro overlooks us is very annoying. they're loosing a small fortune to resellers and comic book shops. I called tru's Canadian head office when the silver r2's first hit the US to see if they were coming here, (as we now know, not) I talked to a really nice lady, I told her that if there was someone there that could let me know when and what was about to hit Canadian shelves, I post it as news here and they could reap the benefits. she said she'd pass it along but of course nobody ever got back to me.

this spawns two side thoughts. does anyone have a silver r2 that they've opened and tried to reattach the legs on correctly? it looks like they're just put on with plastic screws, yes/no? has anyone ever posed the idea of getting together and getting an account with hasbro US? we could spread around the things we want/need and punt the rest off on ebay. I think the way it works with most companies is, you have to buy a reasonable initial order but after that you can order as much or little as you want.

btw - I was moving a few things around today and came across an extra podracer fuel station I forgot I had. the card has 4/5 minor, and I mean minor, dings on the edges. if anyone wants to trade or something for it, let me know.

what about you guys? what/moc or loose/how long have you been collecting?

Jerjerrod
02-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Welcome Seth_quinn. Hail Canucks!!

I'm located in the GTA as well. Yay, someone actually in Toronto, and not all the way West or East. This is the forum where any collecting news in Canada shows up first, mostly due to the diehard fans that dwell here. I actually had to resort to ebay and Silver Snail lately, due to the "deserted" department stores.

jjreason
02-20-2003, 02:27 AM
Myself, loose only. I can't afford the space to keep everything boxed or carded anymore. I have asked about starting a Hasbro dealership. Initial order is 5000 US, and you have to agree to a certain number of 1000 dollar reorders per year. That mean moving quite a few pcs, and reordering quite a few cases - that you don't need or want. If all of the breakdowns were for new and/or desirable figures, sure. It's tough to get rid of those 4 Royal Guards per case they KEEP SHIPPING UP HERE at this point. All they do is warm. Ebay might be an option, but you get doused there on peggers worse than retailers do at markdown time.

My solution for this year was to join a US subscription service for all the 3.75 basic and deluxe figs. I see that my card has been charged for the first 5 coll 2 figs as well as shipping, so I should have a review soon. Library droids included! :cool:

mabudonicus
02-20-2003, 09:00 AM
Hey Seth, for some reason you got yer PM's turned off, what gives?? Anyways, just to respond, yeah, I'm a sometime vegan, always vegetarian... there's a few good restaurants in and around the GTA to be sure, I don't drive so it's not always easy to get up there.
And 2nd, no I don't cross the border much except to see shows and stuff, again the non-driver ststus makes it difficult.
I was completist for a good while of potj, then dropped that right around when the "flashback" figures came out, nowadays I only get what I really REALLY want.
Sorry for the PM-style post.. seth, if there's no reason they're turned off, TURN EM ON!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

jjreason
02-20-2003, 01:27 PM
That WAS kind of like a PM, huh? That makes me an eavesdropping bastard, I guess? Sorry. :D

seth_quinn
02-20-2003, 03:39 PM
no reason other than lazy when setting up my profile, my pm is now on for your chat pleasure.

mabudonicus
02-21-2003, 07:50 AM
Awww, now we got a COP listening in :D !!!!
Damn this war on terror!!!!!
:):):):)

seth_quinn
02-21-2003, 10:23 AM
awe, cops aren't always toooo bad, if they'd just learn how to use a turn signal and abide by a few other traffic act laws they like to write tickets for.

two quick rcmp stories to share. I'll keep them point form-ish to keep them short.

mom buys new house and plans to rent current one, come home from work as perspectives are about to leave, he's an undercover rcmp officer, "did you show him the basement?!?" (my bedroom) "yup". this room was filled with assorted road signs and other things the works and road depts. did a poor job bolting down. I waited for weeks for the local cops to show up and take me juivie but they never did. phew.

friend comes back from cuba with a whack of cigars he plans to sell. can't find anyone to punt them off to so he puts an ad in the local junk seller paper. gets a call and goes to meet the guy at a coffee shop. guys says "good news/bad news - I'll take 'em but you're not getting any money for them" and flashes his rcmp badge. apparently you need some sort of license to sell controlled substances like tobacco in Canada? they let him off with a warning and with out his cigars as they realized he wasn't the bigger fish they hoping for.

the moral? go to cuba, enjoy sun and sand, fore go the scuba & snorkeling (there's nothing to see down there but cement-footed, free-thinking cubans) and just bring abck a few romeo & juiliet's to enjoy with some good bottles of chilean red.

seth_quinn
02-21-2003, 11:29 AM
btw - I work from home, so I if you don't want to read every bit of triva I think to babble out, just let me know. but now that I've got your attention... any trek fans out there? aside from sw I'm not much a figure collector but I just happened upon these new figures from a company called art asylum - a set of three called borg assimilation (cardassian, hirogen & klingon) and do they ever look cool! 7", excellent detail, and supposedly amazing articulation. tru.com has them for 11 $us, I called the local tru and they don't have them yet but if you've also got to have them, pass on ebay for know - hopefully they will make it here.

also, I'm heading into the gta tonight and hope to hit silver snail (comic, figure shop - but you all knew that didn't you). if anyone is looking for a deal on anything, pm me and let me know. I'll check out availability and price for all requests and get back to you. I have to go again sometime next week so if I find anything, I can pick it up then and we can work out the details later. I'll be leaving by around 7 et.

mabudonicus
02-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Hey, seth, next time you go to the snail, could you get me a figure for a dollar and a half:D !!!!
ROFL!!!! I KILL myself!!!!
Those stories just reminded me, guess I'll have to redecorate before JJ comes over :eek:.....
Nawwww, despite doing some nutty stuff, I've never run afoul of the law, other than being told to go home by the odd officer in my youth... I actually had to pay 40$ the other day to get a security clearance form and it ticked me off, I wish there was something other than "no record with any agency"... should be half price if that's the way it works... if I'd a had 10 pages, THAT's 40 bucks...

Again thanks for turning on PMs man, we get pretty far off topic as it is (although it seems the mods don't come here, it's all "thanks man!" and "that'd be GREAT!", no racist posts or flame wars or NOTHIN)

jjreason
02-23-2003, 04:00 PM
Typical Canadians.....too nice. I don't think the signs are a big deal either, maybe if that guy had a huge problem with that sort of thing. Usually when IM at home, crime is NOT on my mind. He couldn't have done anything anyway (except arrest you to preserve the evidence, leave, put you in a cell, write a warrant to search your house based on "plain view" evidence, gone back, done a search, seized the signs and then used them as evidence to support a charge of Possess property obtained via crime - but that's it :D ). A whole lot of rubbing for nearly no warmth at all if you're feeling me.

The guy with the cigars did make a boo boo advertising them in the rag, that'd be about one of the only places someone on "vice" in Ontario would be tasked to look at. Should have used the net. Live and learn.

Sunny here today..........but none of the kids want to nap. Bother.

mabudonicus
02-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Interesting, JJ... I always wondered if the police ever checked the paper want-ads and stuff, we have this "free ads for items under 100$" section in our paper here, and I swear you could almost guess which items are stolen, I wonder if anyone ever gets an "official response" to their posts therein.... HMMMMMM.......

Just wanted to point out, from what I've learned of you, JJ, the only crime you concern yourself with outside work is Hasbro's Canadian distribution :D

Also, since this is the Canucklehead chat, more on the weather..
It's sort of sunny here too, but after the blizzard (which was after the freezing sleet) on saturday night, it's pretty bad here... I'm not even sure how I'm gonna get to my first day of work at the Bingo factory... bike may be out of the question, but it'd be a helluva walk home at 2 in the morning.. ahh well, spring's coming soon, no matter what (I think I caused the recent dumping, I said "Winter's over!!!" a week ago and this is how Canada proved me wrong, sorry all)

jjreason
02-24-2003, 10:46 AM
New job? Good news, Carl. I ordered up from KEbco the dlx ANakin and Yoda figures, so I think now the only ones Im missing from last year are the Dlx Geonosian, and CLonetrooper. Im getting a big box from my friend in Chicago next week (with any luck), and Ill have to take stock of the 3.75" situation. It's really hard to keep track of, I have stupid list after list of toys I need, toys I have on order, toys I want extras of, etc. How do you guys keep track of all that gubbins?

fourtwo
02-24-2003, 02:03 PM
my list is just stuff i want, i'm too poor to follow through on it at the moment
:(

mabudonicus
02-25-2003, 10:48 AM
Hey don't sweat it 42, I'll have some bread thanks to my new job, but I'll be too sore to buy anything with it for a while, it'll all turn around some day!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
(besides, what's with them clone wars figs?? if that's what I'll be missing, I'm not too worried, cept for the CT multipack)

fourtwo
02-25-2003, 12:41 PM
i'm just hoping i find something soon, its not fun just doing nothing all the time, despite how much fun it may sound

jjreason
02-25-2003, 04:21 PM
Nope, no doubt about it. A job may be a pain in the ***** but at least you get a change of scenery and something to gribe about. Jobs also usually pay you some money, which can be good - from time to time. Good luck 42, something's gonna come up.

Jerjerrod
02-26-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by jjreason
Nope, no doubt about it.

So it is true then, what they say... The yanks, they think we always say, "Nu Dute a-Boot it." :D Just like that Molson "office" commercial. :D

jjreason
02-26-2003, 01:13 AM
Heh...yeah, I love the scene where he beats that guy......

Was that out loud??? :D

I got my trash compactor sets and holiday set today, damn did they cost me an arm and a leg. I am pretty happy with them, though. I have no idea what Im ever going to do with that holiday set though, I hope that's a one shot deal. The screen scenes make me hopeful that the Luke/Hoth/Wampa one will be a 2 parter as well, one with Luke and a place to hang, the other with an all new Wampa, some bones and stalactites. How nice would THAT be???

Id also like an open belly tauntaun, though I know it won't come in that scene. Just an airing of an idea, I guess.

Jerjerrod
02-26-2003, 01:42 PM
I'm glad you enjoy the Trash Compactor sets, I also got them on ebay a while back, and love em. I like your Wampa/Luke idea, but I would rather them be in one box to save my wallet. However, to make it a 2-parter, Part 1 can be Luke with Wampa, and Part 2 can be Han with sliced Tauntaun. How a-Boot that, EH? :D

jjreason
02-26-2003, 06:19 PM
:greedy: :greedy: :greedy: :greedy: :greedy:

Count me in.

Jerjerrod
02-26-2003, 07:11 PM
BREAKING NEWS!! BREAKING NEWS!! TORONTO!!

Today, I SAW the Shuttle Tydirium in a specialty store. They had two of them, and they want $$$$$ 287.50 $$$$$ CDN for it. It's a little store in Pacific Mall at Kennedy and Steeles. If you're rich, with nowhere to spend, you might want to pick it up, so you don't have to buy it off the painful ebay.

(I know, it's not really breaking news, but as a collector in Canada, anything and everything is breaking news.) :D

jjreason
02-27-2003, 12:45 AM
No, I'd say that news was breaking - like the wind. :D

Was it really, really, really big? Or just really big?

I do want one, but that much money? No time soon. What a kick in the pants that whole fiasco is/was/will forever be.

I know - let's make the new Jedi Luke a Zellers' exclusive!!!!!!!

Jerjerrod
02-27-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
Was it really, really, really big? Or just really big?

Well, I say it's really, really big (in between) :D .
If you compare it to the size of a gunship box, I'd say times that by 4 or 5 (area).

Throne Room Luke is great! I will probably get one of those and a Vader from a specialty store first. I have no patience for tri-logo.

haggis
02-27-2003, 11:11 PM
The box is very big. Apparently, it is the same size as the one the vintage shuttle came in. I got mine from a guy from Snowtroopers who ordered four of them from Hong Kong. Cost me about $270 Canadian. Don't know if it was worth it cause I haven't opened it yet. Just wish for that kind of scratch they would have thrown in a pilot or two.

Jerjerrod
02-27-2003, 11:27 PM
Haggis, you're very lucky to own one. While opportunity is right in front of me, I don't think i'll get it because of that price tag. I'd very much rather have the Saga X-Wing ;) , which is only 1/6 of the price of the shuttle, and can be seen through the bubble, and comes with Dagobah R2. :D

(I don't think my girlfriend will talk to me for a month if I go get the shuttle) :D :o :zzz: :(

Heck, she even gets mad when she sees "Ebay" on my screen. :rolleyes: Darn Star Wars toys, can't you co-exist with girls? :D

seth_quinn
03-01-2003, 08:26 AM
looking for a shuttle? this may be an opp. to get one cheap. four available, no reserve auctions. could be worth watching. http://cgi6.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=wilkovi&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

seth_quinn

jjreason
03-01-2003, 09:36 AM
Damned ebay, I got outbid on that NY Darth.....:mad: oh well.

In other news, I got my first load of figures from Kebco. They weren't all in mint, which is fine with me, but they promised mint. Maybe I can get a small refund? The price broke down as follows:

Figures: 5.99 x 8 = 47.92 US x 1.6 = 76.67CDN
Shipping: 14.50US x 1.6 = 23.20CDN
Border Fees: 11.36 CDN

For a grand total of 111.23CDN for 8 figures or $13.90 each, tax in. That would put them at retail (before taxes) $12.09.

Not cheap by any stretch. Im definitely going to have to work with Kebco to reduce my cost per figure. Definitely.

Now, here's what I got and a brief review....

2 x Tusken Raider Tatooine Camp Ambush - very cool.
2 x New Imperial Officer - both had the same face, not the one with the sideburns, the one with the lighter hair. Cool.
2 x New Tantive IV Defender - the one shown on the card. Pretty cool (face not too diff. from the POTJ ones I have already)
1 x Library Droids - good, but the finish does not look "metallic" on the real figures like it does in the promo shots and deleted scene. They should have made the paint a little more reflective or something. Not bad.
1 x Padme Droid Factory - best Padme figure so far (as it's coll. 2), nice articulation and a fairly good face (but it has the grimace...).

All in all, not too bad. Id like to trade one of my Imps for the other face variant, so I might hang on to one carded.

Jerjerrod
03-01-2003, 10:55 AM
I think $13.90 is not too bad, good for you. Buying new figs at Silver Snail costs $17.24 so Kebco is still better.

I want the blonde Imperial Officer, but it's gonna be really difficult, I know. :(

jjreason
03-01-2003, 03:51 PM
I've offered up one Rebel Trooper and one Imp. Officer for trades on here, hoping someone can hook me up with the red headed Rebel and the Blond OR Sideburned Imp. Time will tell.......

jjreason
03-03-2003, 05:26 AM
Hey Seth, do you "get" any of that German on those auctions? I can't even tell if he'd mail them over here or not?? I might try to keep an eye on these as well.....

seth_quinn
03-04-2003, 07:55 AM
oh my, so many posts to reply to, ok here we go, (most recent post first)

jjr - naw man, as you can see I can barely speak english. auction says, ships worldwide. I ran the description through the translator at altavista and this is what it came back with "Saga Tydirium shuttle of Hasbro. Again and original-packs. The packing is locked and in perfect condition. I, postage of the buyers pay Ebay. Dispatch after vorkasse by transfer." want me to translate a question and ask if they except paypal for you? fyi, euro is almost exactly the same exchange as usd. (76 euro is about 123 Can this morning) (btw - sent question, will let you know if I get a response) oh man are there a whack of variations for the two "new head" repack figures? I like sideburns so that's the imp. I'll want. redhead? not so sure about that (not trusting hasbro and all while remembering my stop sign red hair days) I think brown/blonde for me. let me know what else you're looking for, maybe we can work out a deal.
Jerjerrod - I agree, an extra five for each figure isn't too bad when you factor in all the time and gas saved. the snail is too much unless you've absolutely got to have it. where are you in the gta? pm me.
jjr - yeah, after I saw you get knocked out I took a shot too. couldn't beat the current bid or push it past the reserve by the end so I emailed him to ask what the reserve was to see if I can get it before he re-lists. definitely push for the not-mint refund or free shipping next time and try to get them to under value them on the customs tag to avoid duty and that should lower the price another buck and a bit each.

jjreason
03-04-2003, 08:01 AM
Yes, free shipping........that would be sweet. I haven't had much luck getting companies to undervalue shipments. I think they stand to face more wrath from "the man" for this trick than regular Joe. My buddy in Chitown ships "gifts" for me - and that way I pay SQUAT. Perfect. Should have another box of slightly older stuff coming up this week (silver r2, etc).

Im not TOO cranky with 13 for a figure. Could be a lot worse. 10 would be perfect, I think I'll get him to wait and send more next time. Maybe that will bring it down a little. That will take patience, mind you, not my strongest suit.

seth_quinn
03-04-2003, 08:52 AM
Jerjerrod - still looking for a x-wing? I've seen a few at area tru's, let me know if you want help locating. a few tips on easing the gf stress. look for ebay items she might be interested in(even better if you are too). mine likes the Gorillaz (me too), and paul frank clothes (stupid monkey). I show her a few neat things I've found and spend the rest of night indulging myself nag free. if you've bought a few things lately get her something too. it can be cheap small and trivial but it'll buy you a ton of freedom. mine spent her entire afternoon at evil J's toy show and didn't complain once.

haggis - mine came from asia too for about the same price. ya know? I was thinking it would've been cool if it came with a 7/8 figure rebel landing party (the major players plus a few rebel troops) whereabouts are you in Ontario? pm me.

Jerjerrod - the shuttle box is 19.5"x17"x14.75" making it just under 4 times the area of a gunship (sorry, I had a hobby but they stopped shipping it to Canada) the throne room figs are sweet.

jjr - zellers, jedi luke. lol. maybe we could see if sdm will carry it instead. someone got me soap from there once that came with a r2-d2 butt-plug in the middle. after if scratched the heck out of me and I ripped it out of the middle of the bar, it's now become a permanent fixture in our bathroom. (appearently...I need help)

Jerjerrod - at this point a fresh supply of comm-tech readers at wal-mart would be breaking news.

Jerjerrod/jjr - true, the trash sets and the holiday are gonna be musts at almost any price. the hoth stuff is my favorite so I'm with you there, anything and everything hoth please. "Nu Dute a-Boot it.", like any of us actually says it like that. I love that commercial too but I wish they included just one real punch and ended with buddy spitting chicklets.

mabudon - something for a buck-fifty at the snail? sure I can do that. only problem is the stamp end envelope will be of greater collector value. congrats on the new job. sounds like the hours are suck but ya gotta bring home those papers anyway you can.

42 - not to get your hopes up here but I'm trying to swing a trade for a council yoda that will also include an ephant. if it goes through the ephant is ear-marked for you. I got a deal on the one I already have so I'll pass the same on to you.

well, with that I think I'm caught up. s_q

mabudonicus
03-04-2003, 11:43 AM
SQ- the hours actually kind of rock, man, I never have to get up early, have a long weekend every weekend, and in the event of holidays (and we get a lot, apparently) I get 4 days off, 3 days on 3 days off, so I'd work 4 in ten and get paid for the day off, the only problem is that my feet are still adjusting.
Ahh, and it makes it hard to spend money, never have the time to get out.

Oh, and I guess it's news, my Birthday is on saturday, and it's gonna ROCK!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Hopefully the Leafs can handle Van that night, after getting beat by the sens and the sabres (not yet, but I got a bad feeling)

Jerjerrod
03-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Happy birthday Mabudon. :D Have fun.

SQ: You are reading my mind. I'm going to get myself an X-Wing this Wednesday at my nearest TRU. It's gonna be pretty sweet.
Good idea on the ebay/gf controversy. I'm gonna try to look for some "Tigger" items, right in front of her.:evil:

On another note, I have to go receive a package at the post office. But this time, I'm finally screwed by the US seller, who forgot to put "gift" on the package. So now, I gotta pay $8.36 CUSTOMS! For a fricken FF Snowtrooper! :mad: AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGH! Oh well, I guess 1 mishap out of 12 ebay purchases isn't that bad.

pegger
03-04-2003, 03:36 PM
Mabudon - Happy Early Birthday!!

I turned 30 only a few months ago...I'm glad to see that I'm not the only 30 year old with this obsession.....

Does anyone know if we're supposed to get the Trash sets?

With the dollar going up, I'm starting to debate whether I should wait, or order on line......

PS - jj - glad to hear you got your figs....I ordered some from Yestertoys (Tuskan, Padme, Aayla, Barriss, Library Droids, Lama Su) - paid a bit more...but atleast I got them. A bit wary on used KEbco as I haven't used them yet (and I used Powercollectibles and got total ripped off by them (8 months and still no figures)). Have you decided if you are still going to go that route?

Jerjerrod
03-04-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by pegger
Does anyone know if we're supposed to get the Trash sets?

With the dollar going up, I'm starting to debate whether I should wait, or order on line......

I couldn't "wait" and won on ebay, both for $36.99 US, which is ok, shipping was another 7 bucks. It's worth getting if you like nicely sculpted figures vs. figures with lots of articulation. I enjoy this set very much and didn't regret paying the price. :)

fourtwo
03-04-2003, 06:43 PM
seth_quinn: that would be boss!

jjreason
03-04-2003, 07:12 PM
Hey Pegger - oddly enough I hit my 30 last year and will be 31 right after I get back to BC from my trip. We're all old!!!!!!!

Kebco has me for the year. Ill give them the benefit after surprising me with (what I felt) were early figs from 03. If I can save on shipping/fees per figure I'll be perfectly happy with that. I've just ordered up a few extra Snowtroops, the deluxe figures from this year, and the two new speeder bikes - so Ill be all jazzed to post about them when they get here.

Im a little nervous about having to change comic shops again, 3rd time in 5 years. I'd been with my guy in London for a looooooong time, and switching sucks. I always lose and issue of something here or there. Does anyone know of any stores in Nanaimo? Any recommendations?

JJR

haggis
03-04-2003, 07:51 PM
jj-$13 per figure isn't too bad. I occassionally (when Canadian stores stop getting the new waves in, like...now) order a case from New Force comics and it breaks down to $11 and change per figure. No trouble trading/selling the extras when we're in a SW slump.
seth-PM coming your way.
The X-wing is a sweet ship. Nice to have the dirty R2 and the 'luggage' accessories. Just had to open that one.
I don't blame anyone for passing on the Shuttle. It is bloody expensive. Just as well I do the banking and not my wife or I wouldn't be alive to post this message...

fourtwo
03-04-2003, 10:03 PM
how can you guys not open your stuff?
some of it doesn't look very cool in packages.

jjreason
03-05-2003, 01:49 AM
OPEN OPEN OPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ALL YOUR TOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now.

Jerjerrod
03-05-2003, 06:22 PM
I just got my Saga TRU X-Wing!!! YYiiiipppppeeeeeeeeeeee!
This one I'm gonna OPEN, cuz there nothing to see with it boxed.
You gotta see this close up, the detail is amazing. I'm gonna open it tonight, then hang it on my ceiling with fishing wire.

Now, I have a good guy (X-Wing) and a bad guy (TIE Bomber), and they can DESTROY EACH OTHER! Muahahahahahahahaha!! :evil:

On a sad note, I got my ebay won FF Snowtrooper today, but I had to pay that $8.36 custom fee :frus:. I hate it when this happens. I asked the PO clerk why they let some them go without checking, and some they rip you off with outrageous fees, and she denies knowing anything. How can I avoid this from happening again?

fourtwo
03-05-2003, 11:00 PM
i've had my x-wing for a while now, its great!
how could you keep that one boxed? the wings aren't even on it then

Jerjerrod
03-09-2003, 05:35 PM
Argh!!!! :mad: Yesterday, I went downtown Toronto with a friend to try to get 2 tickets to the Leafs/Canucks game off scalpers. We spent 2 hours walking around in the freezing cold, and ALL the scalpers wanted outrageous money for a pair. They were asking for prices like $350 EACH for level 300 seats! Even after 1st period, they didn't drop the prices, like they wanted to take those tickets to their graves. Finally, we went home and caught the whole 3rd period on TV. 3-3 tie. That was a good game. Owen Nolan even got two goals!

We were planning this day to try to buy scalpers tickets for this game months ago, only to realize this was the biggest game of the year becuse it's 1)Owen Nolan's first game as a Leaf, 2)It's a Leafs vs Canucks game. Next year, I'm gonna personally line up at 8AM on the first day tickets are for sale just to get vs. Canucks tickets.

But the trip downtown wasn't a total waste. We stopped by Silver Snail before the game, and I snagged their last Saga Carkoon Fett on the shelf for $13.99!! :D

fourtwo
03-10-2003, 11:47 AM
nice, not even a ridiculous price on it
and yes, that was a good game, i really enjoyed it.

seth_quinn
03-11-2003, 02:04 PM
Nolan, Wesley, Housley & Gilmour. wow the Leafs are really ready to make a solid cup run now. (and all they had to give up was one player) I can't wait to see the final game of the regular season against the Sens. the last two times they've met the Leafs beat them & then beat them up. the Sens are scared and history is going to repeat itself for the fourth time in row. What does adding Rob Ray do? sure, now they've got a thug but who do they sacrifice to put him in the line up?
is Satan the only one left in Buffalo is does it just seem that way?

Jerjerrod
03-11-2003, 02:31 PM
Nolan, Wesley, Housley, and Gilmour!!! Whohooooooooo!

GO LEAFS GO!!! It's cup time.

jjreason
03-11-2003, 02:45 PM
It's cup time for somebody, but not the Leafs. Look west, men - about 4hrs west on the 401. Get back to me when you've got it figured out.........

:Pirate:

seth_quinn
03-11-2003, 04:13 PM
jjr - sorry brother, you.. are.. Dreaming! sounds like wager time to me. I predict they meet in the third round, TO in 6, leaving the Sens so physically and mentally defeated that they will never fully recover.

jjreason
03-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Ummmmmmm.....west is the other way, SQ. :D Though I'd like to see the old Sens finally get rid of that damned blue and white monkey for once......

GO WINGS GO!!!...GO WINGS GO!!!!...GO WINGS GO!!!!

seth_quinn
03-11-2003, 11:38 PM
oh, side Show west. !!

now that I've made a total @$$ out myself. oh well, I still stand by my comments about the Sens. but sorry, my crystal ball didn't reveal any of Sir Stanley's silver for the red and white this year, not they aren't with out their charms. Yzerman is an artist on ice & an inspiration, Shanahan makes me proud to be Canadian and Lidstrom should be seen as a living bible to point-men everywhere. Their depth and experience should take them to the conference finals but I think Vancouver's grit and determination will take them to the final round. besides, TO fans would rather see the Leafs fall four straight, all by shutout, in the first round to the Sens then see Cujo win a cup.

fourtwo
03-12-2003, 01:17 AM
van vs ott in the cup, van wins in 6
can't stop us!

jjreason
03-12-2003, 04:22 AM
The Canucks are definitely playing well, and have the talent to get it done. What they don't have yet is the "almost there heartbreak" that makes a champion. Most great teams suffer that at least once prior to ascending to the peak. Id like to see them get further than last year, no doubt (provided their road doesn't take them to Joe Louis Arena again), but it's not time yet. Maybe next year if they don't tear it all apart in the off season. This year's the biggest toss up for a long time - there are at least 8 teams right now that have a legitimate crack at the cup. Can't wait for that first round!!!!!!

mabudonicus
03-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I heard about #93 coming back and Blue and White flame flickered in my eye... if it's going to trigger a repeat of the power and glory of the 93 Leafs, we beat detroit in the first round... can't happen this time, but don't worry, our paths will cross...
Nolan's working out really well.... wesley looked great against edmonton... don't know about housley, but the experience behind the scenes should pay off nicely....
Ottawa has sunk themselves this year... good thing billfremore isn't here to hear us talking like that:)
This is gonna be one heckuva post season run, for sure.. the Leafs have disappointed year after year with no activity on the deadline (well, berg maybe).. this does feel much different... and I LIKE it!!!!
Don't worry, JJ, at least your team won a stanley cup while you've been alive.... heck, cup "s"!!!! It's our turn!!!

fourtwo
03-13-2003, 04:39 AM
billfreemore...i remember that name for some reason.....

jjreason
03-13-2003, 06:40 AM
I miss billfremore. We should have a nerf crotchbat thread in here for a couple of days to honour that fine Canadian.

W:cry: H:cry: A:cry: M:cry: M:cry: O:cry: !:cry: !:cry:

seth_quinn
03-14-2003, 02:44 AM
billfremore ?

mabudonicus
03-14-2003, 11:01 AM
Yeah, he was a zany dude from ottawa who was here a lot last year.... I'm not sure if his posts are still about, do a search and you may find some artifact.. if the "what does your username" thread still exists, you could look there, his origin story is hilarious....
PS I can't believe dougie got taken out last night... could be a rallying point, but at what cost?

jjreason
03-14-2003, 11:04 AM
billfremore was an Ottawatonian Ottawer Ottawa-ite a guy from Ottawa who used to post here frequently. He then got married and the void swallowed him whole. I think most people who remember him would miss him, he had a great sense of humour. Quick witted like crazy.

Jerjerrod
03-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Then I hope dougilmour and billfremore returns soon. :p

fourtwo
03-14-2003, 03:30 PM
you guys see that canucks game/highlites last night?
man oh man what a game.

seth_quinn
03-16-2003, 12:19 AM
missed the game (damn tlc chick shows) can't believe we won, woohoo! dougie's gonna be back in 4-6 weeks, it's a while but I'm just glad it wasn't career ending. any english premiership fans out there? who'd have guessed that arsenal would loose today? mighty tight at the top of table. go Man-U!!

jjreason
03-16-2003, 12:11 PM
Wings beat Colorado, and put Forsberg out for a bit while they were at it (actually, Forsberg put himself out, but that's okay). Not often you're going to see 5 go in against Sir. Patrick!!!

How about that St. Louis and Vancouver game the other night? Wow, the hitting has begun. Playoff style hockey popping up all over.

fourtwo
03-16-2003, 03:14 PM
man, what about that toronto vancouver game yesterday?
so much action.

jjreason
03-16-2003, 05:46 PM
*music starts* It's.....the most won-der-ful tiiiiiiiiiime, of the yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeear."

The ol' Smack talk is gonna heat up in here something fierce, I can see it now. Especially if the Leafs and Canucks crap the bed like last year!!! :eek: :D

Jerjerrod
03-16-2003, 10:40 PM
I got to watch last night's Leafs/Canucks game in the hotel room of Blue Mountain Ski Resort. Actually, I watched the first 2 periods, then I hit the hills. Snowboarding is so much fun, and the weather was like spring, but snow-covered!!! It was a perfect weekend, and the Leafs won too. :D

(Ow, I'm so sore) :dead:

fourtwo
03-16-2003, 11:07 PM
hey seth, you gonna reply to that private message or what pal?

Jerjerrod
03-17-2003, 11:20 PM
Today, I visited my Walmart to find that they put the Saga figures down to $3.92. I immediately grabbed Orn Free Ta (There, that's my newest Canadian retail figure!)!

Is this good news or bad news?

The BAD thing might be the end of Saga figures in Canadian Walmarts for a long while. I mean, they can't afford to get new figures in and charge this kind of price, can they?

The GOOD thing is that I can go back and get all the missing figures for a cheap price.

Somebody please answer this. Thanks.

jjreason
03-18-2003, 12:16 AM
Well, Walmart may have pre-ordered from Hasbro and are now too backed up with stock to do anything with the new stuff. There, that's optomism.

In other good news, the Old Lady tells me Nanaimo Toys R Us was floor to ceiling with Saga figs this week, all at the low, low price of 8.99. She has no idea who's who, but isn't it interesting they'd have so much? I wonder if maybe it's not new stuff???? I think I'll get her to call in the morning and let me know.

Jerjerrod
03-18-2003, 01:05 PM
Whose Old Lady? :confused: I hope you get new stuff at your TRU.

I'm gonna start making more TRU and WM attack runs this week.

jjreason
03-18-2003, 04:18 PM
The "Old Lady" is my lovely wife, Jodi. She loves that nickname, which I borrowed from a few of the Lanny's I've been dealing with up here. "Yeah, the Old Lady came home hammered and starting yakkin', so I tuned her in a little." A real redneck term for "better half" if you will. :D

My big box from Chicago got here today. First the bad news: 37 bucks in border fees as Chris insured the box and didn't check gift. D'oh. Now, on with the good:

Inside was tons of stuff. Most notably the TRU Landspeeder with Luke, it totally rocks. I love the detail and the overall look, I definitely won't be needing a POTF2 one anymore. This one's perfect. I even like the Luke, he'll be borrowing the floppy hat from Flashback Luke to hit the dunes in. Awesome toy.

Mediocre stuff: Reek beast, Ani's speeder and Zam's speeder. Too cheap to pass up though (6 bucks US each!).

Deluxe figures: Flipping Obi Wan and Tyranus (stupid), Dlx 3PO with battle droid (not bad), Dlx Ani with Geonosian (what the hell is that vintage-style cape on Ani? Come on :rolleyes: - Ani seems to be the "throwback kid", with the Pegwarmer's built in lightsaber and that stupid tunic on dlx, he's the alltime craptastic Saga character by a mile).

Basics: Maul Training (great sabre, like REALLY great), Teemto (cool), Tusken with Massif (rehashed from POTJ - didn't even come with the rifle), Ani Tatooine (terrible action feature, though not a bad looking figure), and extra Clonetroopers and Geo Warriors.

I also got Silver R2, still carded. Cute, but useless to me in any other capacity but completism, same as the holiday set.

That was my day. How was yours?

EDIT: Just finished up the accounting after all that. If I include the Destroyer at Carl's place, Im only in need of 2 basics now from 2002 (red battle droid and hairless endor rebel), and the deluxe Clone with bike. Good news.

I don't have the Arena playset either, but have (or have on order) every other ship. Wow, that was a banner year - my bank account can't handle another one like it.

EDIT2: Damn. Im a liar. I have no "redecco" Yoda or Dlx. Geonosian either. Blast. Are you guys still finding the Geo in your Ontario stores? Ill dig one up next month if so. If not, Im gonna order what I need from Kebco and be done with it. Impatience is no virtue - I'm headed into trouble.

Jerjerrod
03-18-2003, 06:38 PM
Patience...my young apprentice! :D

You have to learn to CONTROL..... your money.

Basic Geos are very common in general, none in my area lately, but wait to pick it up at WM for $3.92.

Deluxe Clone is the only one you should spend on. I got mine on ebay for $17 USD including shipping. Nice figure.

seth_quinn
03-18-2003, 07:01 PM
42 - sorry bro, been out enjoying this weather, 17 degrees yippee. I'll pm you with the latest deets when I'm done writing this.
jerjerrod - you board to? nice. are you going up to watch the big puddle jumping comp next weekend? it's a ton of fun.
jjr - nice haul. our saga list seems close. I was at a tru on the weekend. they had a ton of dlx 3po and geo w/pod, about 16 pegs filled with first release figs & about 4 more filled with the han/endor wave, 2 x-wings (one good box, one bad) and a pile of reek's on dirt cheap clearance plus a few other things. I asked some guy that actually seemed to care and he said they weren't expecting anything else soon. I hear ya on the banner year, I figure I spent well over a grand on saga stuff, maybe even over 1500, plus whatever I spent on ebay as well. ouch.

jjreason
03-18-2003, 09:43 PM
Im definitely calling it quits until the house financing goes through. Man, I should have held off on ordering the shuttle. Im seriously gonna get raked over the coals for that one - couldn't have done it at a worse time. :( . The good news is, it won't be long now until we get the money to repay us for the house (RCMP very generous when paying to move employees) so we can get the deposit down on the new one.

seth_quinn
03-19-2003, 02:46 AM
patience? what's that? no patience for you - come back two years!

speakin' a carl, where is he? mabudon? you out there bro?

jjr - did you post something somewhere about where 2002 ends a 2003 starts? it ends with the potj rehashes and starts with obi/acklay battle, check my post in the found thread for a full list. once you get your shuttle it'll be worth any flack you catch, trust me, you'll be too happy to even hear it being said.

jerjerrod - how have your wm/tru missions turned out? I'm gonna go with the flow and guess that they're clearing out the old stuff to make way for the "new" which will be the pilots wave,back at full price, that we've all by now spent even bigger bucks to get from the states. hoping for the compator sets though, that would be a treat. I don't think we're gonna see much else at tru until E3, lots of the tru's I've been at lately are still trying to get rid of a ton of potj peg warmers on top of all the saga stuff they've had collecting dust for six months. but I'd be happy to be wrong on this last point.

42 - you gonna reply to that pm or what? lol.

anybody got a whack of extra old freeze frames they're lookin' to clear out? lmk

seth

mabudonicus
03-19-2003, 10:36 AM
Yes, I'm here man, just have been unable to go anywhere but work lately, and don't see any Leafs games from monday to thursday, so I'd just be quoting my old posts for the most part :D
Hmmmm... I've got doubles of a lot of the slides themselves, I think, I'll have to check, I'll let you know what, if anything, I find prolly friday..
Is everything mush where you guys are too?? The combination freeze/thaw is playing havoc with the turf here...
Hey, Jim, I still didn't get the question in when we talked, when ARE you coming here?? You must have SOME idea:happy:
I plan on hitting local stores this wknd, so I'll update this region again soon... what happened to Count Dooku?? That guy was everywhere around Niagara, he had things down to the peg almost.....

seth_quinn
03-21-2003, 05:53 PM
there you are! hope work's going well even if it is playing havoc with your personal time.

this is the first new post in a full 48 hours, could it be that everyone is glued to cnn?

jjreason
03-21-2003, 07:09 PM
Baaaah, I've been here poking around waiting for you dog ****ers to come up with something interesting to talk about! :D

CNN be damned, Im sick and tired to WAR IN THE MIDDLE EAST!!! headlines, bylines and sidelines. Finish it off for Christ's sake.

I will be in Ontario from April 1 to April 29, 2003. The dates I'll be staying in Brampton are LIKELY the 20th (Easter Sunday - already taken up by family stuff) until the 29th. The 30th will be packing and bye-byes. Any day you'd like to set up betwen 21 and 29 should be just perfect for me to do the geek tour. Let me know, I can't wait to meet you guys in person!

JJR

seth_quinn
03-21-2003, 08:38 PM
yeah, like they should have done 12 years ago, I'm cnn'd out. ah, it's not nice to call yourself a geek, all us hep kats livin' here in civilization won't hold it against you. anytime should be good with me, so let me know. I've got these two smack talkin' broads hanging out in my crib that need to taught some humility at the dart board, but it won't take me long so throw out a topic and I'll be back in a bit.

mabudonicus
03-22-2003, 10:58 AM
Right on!!!! Thanks for the "window" man, I'll figger it out and let ya know what's be best... the playoffs will be going on by then, maybe we could take in a contest if we're lucky!!!

CNN, yeah, I've watched a bit, but it doesn't help..... what happens happens, and you don't have to even watch TV to hear more than one needs about the whole deal... I hate what's happening, and the less I actually see, the better....
I can't handle that much freedom:D

jjreason
03-22-2003, 10:12 PM
It just feels too far removed for me to care. Fly at her, USA, police the world. The only thing that upsets me is our politicians siding against the effort....imagine if they decided they weren't going to help US out in a conflict - the precedent has now been set. :o

Jerjerrod
03-23-2003, 10:22 PM
OFF TOPIC: Hopefully this might interest some of you...

Because of our Canadian retail dry spell, I finally decided to look outside the Hasbro box, and picked up some Lego SW people. The little figures are GREAT! I bought the following sets:

Final Duel I - Jedi Luke, Stormtrooper, and MOFF JERJERROD!!! :D
Final Duel II - Vader, and Emperor Palpy
Jabba's Prize - Boba Fett, Han in Carbonite, and Gamorrean Guard.

I love all these lil dudes, all were good except for the big Gamorrean pig, which didn't even look like lego. My favorites are the Stormtrooper (great helmet), Boba, and Vader (he even has the creepy pale face underneath!). The scenes were ok, but the figures alone were worth it even without the background scenes. If you're like me, sitting at home, scratching your bung, with no new figures on your shelves since last decade, you might want to pick these up. The $9.99 price tag made me consider for a long, long time, but eventually, I picked them up, and NO REGRETS!

I promised myself not to go near the Lego vehicles and playsets though, cuz that can totally throw me off the Hasbro highway. :D

(Finally, I got a figure of my favorite Officer! :D )

Jerjerrod
03-23-2003, 10:34 PM
Well, here's a picture of them cute little things. (Yes, I'm bored out of my mind, waiting for you other Canuckleheads to talk about something new.) :D

jjreason
03-24-2003, 12:19 AM
:cool: I had a few SW Lego sets given to me for Xmas a couple of years ago. Very neat, and I have a nice little group lf lego figs. I like them, but there's no danger whatsoever of them throwing me off the Hasbro trail. I've even offered them up for trades, and had bites - but the other folks didn't have anything I needed at the time. :cry:

pegger
03-24-2003, 07:10 AM
Just popping in to say Hi!

Been in India for the last 3 weeks...couldn't find any SW stuff. :-)

Sad to see that there is STILL nothing new in Canada! The only good news was that my shipment with Destroyer Droid, Redecco Yoda and Dlx Clone came in! (The Redecco Yoda sucks IMO...if you've got the Ep 1 version...you don't need this one.)

Anyhow, it's nice to be back in country where I can get hockey news, and not have to watch Cricket!

jjreason
03-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Maybe you can get hockey news, but how's the weather? Want a sweater? :D

seth_quinn
03-25-2003, 09:48 AM
off topic? isn't just about everything we write here off topic?

they are kinda cute aren't they? I avoid hte lego line, just can't afford to get sucked into anything else. I even had family that was going to get me started on it for christmas and I told them not to.

welcome back pegger, don't like cricket? really? I watched it every day when I was in the uk, I thought it was really interesting (not that I'd trade hockey for it any day). you got out of india at just the right time, their team just lost the cricket world cup finals to austrailia.

anybody else experiencing crazy weather? about a week ago it went from -10 to +10 and higher over night and it just hasn't looked back. I watched a 6 foot plus mountain of snow melt from the end of my driveway in less than a week. not that I'm complaining, bring on the heat.

see the leafs threw away another one last night, they really don't want home ice advantage for the first round do they? we were talking about this at hockey last night, t bertuzzi & b mccabe straight up for t linden. who took in the hoop on that deal? does everything bertuzzi touches go in the net lately, or is it just me?

so I make it through shy & squeamish girls in my teens, selfish and lazy girls in my early twenties, finally agree to a live in girl friend and what happens? "Lisa needs braces" cripes, the mean end of a wood chipper looks inviting compared to what they installed in her mouth. it's not even like she had some'er teeth to begin with, she's just got two baby teeth that need to come out. the school girl cute look is at least some sort of consolation.

is it me or is $10us just too much to have a measly two figures shipped from cali to toronto? freakin' ebay. oh well at least they're red bdroids and not some repack crap.

who all is coming out to meet and greet jjr next month?

seth_quinn
03-25-2003, 10:02 AM
I was looking at the movies in the background of jerjerrod's lego pic, I thought for a second that the little guys were set up on a shelf in my place. anybody interested in "top 5" thread each week? we could start with top 5 fave movies. hope so, 'cause I'm gonna start the thread anyway.

mabudonicus
03-25-2003, 11:51 AM
Still haven't looked at my calendar yet, my buddy gave me his playstation and I've been filling extra time playing TPM, which I like better than the film....
Leafs have a tough week, tonight the canes, then wash. and NY isles back to back fri-sat..... home-ice usually doesn't help them in the playoffs, it seems, no matter how unlikely that is, so they can relax as far as I'm concerned...
Jim, you've picked the right time of year for a viewing of Lanadu, it's been right ridiculous lately... I go to work just as they start getting out of hand, but the weekend is solid gold, and they've been "presenting" regularly, must be mating season:D
2 friends of mine are moving to TO on tuesday, so I will likely have a reason to go there again sometime, maybe we'll meet up in the summer, SQ!!!

pegger
03-31-2003, 07:54 AM
seth_quinn - It's not so much that I don't like cricket (it is interesting to watch...much better than Baseball) it's just that it was cricket non-stop for 2 weeks......Only Hockey deserves that kind of devotion.

Hey, I was at TRU yesterday and they had Transformers Commemorative Series II out...Silverstreak and Thundercrakers....no sign of Jazz or Starscream tho.....(I'm soo stoked that they are releasing my original Transformers again.....) The package was like a book! Very cool....

Can someone out there keep an eye open for these, and let me know if they see these......

Oh...and I finally bought an Ephant Mon on E-Bay....10.50 US! A bit higher than what I would normally pay...but not too bad....

That leads me to a question....What is the "average" and the "most" that you would pay for a figure.. (For example, I really want a Jorg Sacul....but there is no way that I'm paying $80 + US for one)??

seth_quinn
04-01-2003, 02:32 AM
"only hockey deserves that kind of devotion" lol, it's funny, because it's true.

make ya deal, I'll watch for the transformers if you'll watch for the borg assimilation figures.

that is a sweet deal, better than the two I grabbed for no other reason than I thought they were a good price. btw - 42, they've arrived, pm if you're still interested.

for basic figures I try to get them for about 6us-9/10can, which is equal to wm/tru price w/tax, I figure the shipping balances out the gas burned endlessly searching. for the semi-rare / just gotta haves it's about 15-20can (ephant/carkoon/red droid). I paid about 60 something (us) for my jorg, I watched the auctions very closely, at first the panic-ers where spending wads of cash, then over the next few weeks the price kept coming down and that's when I bought, they seem to be getting scarce now and the price is staring to rise again. I would say buy soon or plan to wait a good while and hope to get a steal on one after most have forgotten about him a bit. here's a tip, us only auctions almost always end lower than international shipping, try emailing the seller and see if they will ship to Canada, some will, some won't, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I always include the link to my feedback page and end by thanking them for their time. as for the most? that's a little more grey, I really want a euro sidious holo or naboo guard pit droid pack for the unique toolbox but they're rare and most are ending at about 75us, I want one but that's a bit steep for basically an accessory. I figure I'll end up spending 200-250can for a fair vader and given the rarity of it, this is acceptable. I would never pay the 227.50 for double stamp, left shoulder skull boba like the one that ended on the weekend, imo - whoever paid that has too much money to burn and should get themselves checked.

check this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2167452361&category=154
jorg ending at 2pm est / 5pst, is only at 40us, just says will not ship overseas.

nice to finally see some action around here again.

seth_quinn
04-01-2003, 06:43 AM
I just got up to move my car so chickie could go to work, what the hell is that? it's the fourth freakin' month of the year people. well it can sit there as long as it wants, I'm not shoveling it!

mabudonicus
04-01-2003, 10:50 AM
I would pay up to 30$, nowadays, I collect too much other stuff to spend more on SW, and I am not interested in completeness anyways, so "rarity" doesn't equal value in my collecting book...
I feel a disturbance in the Force, BTW, as if JJ is in this very province right now.....

seth_quinn
04-01-2003, 11:26 PM
hey pegger, happy new jorg. (sorry, one more tip I should have passed on, Always Snipe [wait to the very end to bid] bidding early gives others time to outbid you and drives up the price)

fourtwo
04-02-2003, 01:44 AM
what the heck, i thought i posted in here, seth i sent you a PM.

pegger
04-02-2003, 05:54 AM
Seth - Thanks!

I usually do snipe...but I had to bid early because of the timing....

Borg Assimilation, eh? I'll keep an eye out....I've seen alot of the Star Trek Enterprise stuff at TRU...but not those yet....

mabudonicus
04-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Final Leafs game of the reg season tonight fellows, against the most hated Sens... it'll be a real barn-burner, both teams wary of the intentions of the other......
At least no good players will get hurt, specially since they're all hurt already....
First round starts this week, should be amazing!!!
GO LEAFS GO!!!! Time to change my sig and av, methinks- I've got a new computer and finally gotten p-shop 6.... the next STANSE will be totally awesome!!!

pegger
04-07-2003, 08:07 AM
Seth--
just to give you an FYI

Went to TRU in Kitchener on Sat. Found a Jazz....snagged 'im. No Starscream...

Looked around for Borg Assimilation...didn't see anything.

(Went on Sunday with my wife, and all the Jazz's were gone. Never seen an shelf empty so fast before)

oh...and....Go Sens!

seth_quinn
04-08-2003, 01:00 AM
whats' the deal? my control panel hasn't been showing new posts here for days now. thanks for keeping an eye pegger. when I found that they were coming in the tru dbase there was no release date which would leave me to believe that it may be a while yet.

playoffs!!!!! so stoked! anybody else think we need to get a new thread going with a pool of all our picks?

mabudon - if you like pshop you should try macromedia's freehand, sooooo easy to use.

pretty quiet 'round here without jjr stirrin' up trouble.

did any of you see those threads harassing Amy? glad those responsible got theirs. anyway, they made her pretty uncomfortable and she was going to stop posting all together but I invited her to lay low in here for a while instead. if she does show up, please make her feel welcome and treat her with the respect all of us deserve. (not that as proud Canadians we are capable of anything less but going one better in this case would be even better)

seth_quinn
04-08-2003, 01:13 AM
btw mabudon, you still planning to hook up with jjr while he's here? I think the original tentative plan was to meet up with him then head down to meet you.
I met jerjerrod a few weeks ago and he's a totally cool guy. I was thinkin' a quick meet-n-greet but we ended up hangin' out and talkin' for hours. think we should invite him too?

mabudonicus
04-08-2003, 11:37 AM
If Jim's into it, for sure!! The more the merrier, in my book... still haven't heard from JJ yet though, don't have any sort of date worked out, but the friday after easter weekend sounds pretty good, or the saturday.
That business with Amy was pretty strange, eh?? I wish I knew that it was all in good fun, but some folks just don't get it.. if she shows up here, we'll just say what we always say... "I can hardly wait for EIII, then we'll get another 2 waves of figures!!WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

fourtwo
04-08-2003, 12:29 PM
seth, your PM box is full. i'd like to get in touch with you about our "deal"

seth_quinn
04-08-2003, 05:53 PM
oops. made space, try again.

Jerjerrod
04-08-2003, 06:26 PM
Cool. Tell me when and where, and i'll be there.

seth_quinn
04-08-2003, 09:12 PM
nice, glad you're on board. jjr is suposed to get in touch with me once he gets back - he'll be in Brampton come the last part of the month - the plan was to meet early, hit a shop or two on our way to mabudon and then jump the border and check out a few stores over there. we'll keep you posted.

Jerjerrod
04-13-2003, 10:48 PM
I can't believe they moved this thread to the "Other" section. Can't we go back to Canada? :(

Anyways, What's new for our fellow Canadians? Nobody's been posting for quite a bit. Any new toys?

jjreason
04-15-2003, 07:23 PM
Nothing new. Been shopping like a supermodel, too: Barrie, Toronto, London...nothing. No, I haven't been staying in TO yet, had a cottage wknd with University buddies near Barrie, the weather was the worst. Now Im back in London until this weekend, in Brampton after that. I have your numbers (Carl and Mike) and will call either tonight or tomorrow to set up something fairly firm. I still have Easter and one more wedding to contend with, so weekends are the worst for me as far as getting together. Im up for meeting whoever can free up a little time! Carl and I have a deal to finish up (2 beers and a heated game of Sabacc will ensue over a particularly nice vintage Falcon, we're only charging 2 beers admission to the match, eh Mab?). Cant' wait to meet you guys soon!
JJR

seth_quinn
04-16-2003, 02:24 AM
yeah, can we go home please? ...please? we weren't trying to be elitist or anything, I just think that non of us figured anyone else was interested in our little conversation amongst ourselves, or hockey (but I was wrong on that one)

sabacc? I'm gonna get beat for not knowing this aren't I?

vintage falcon? why didn't someone say so? I've got one here taking up shelf space that I can't give away. nice one too, minimal ware, training arm (no ball), fully intact ramp and a han & chewie in the cockpit as well. oh, but no actual dish (just the strut pieces).

out the door by about 9.30pm for hockey tomorrow night but home all day until then.

mabudonicus
04-16-2003, 11:46 AM
Ahhh yeh!!! It'll be quite the contest.... depending on what happens tonight to yer wings, you'll be in a drinkin mood:)
SQ- the secret to the falcon is the box I have it in.... it's a long story......
Jim, I pmed you before coming here- just leave a message, or even contact time and # or whatever if you don't get me- or call between 2 and 3, should be off-line...
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Oh, and SQ, Sabacc is some kind of gambling in SW, I bhat's how the Falcon was won and lost... more in the EU, which I could care less about

jjreason
04-17-2003, 07:21 PM
Yooo. Sad day in Hockeytown today, I hope those damned Ducks don't squander their luckiness. The west will still be wild with St. Lou, Colorado and (likely) Dallas running rampant in the 2nd round. I stayed up late to watch the buds fall, god, what a performance by Eddie. Unreal. The OT was pretty fun to watch (and of course I flicked to the Wings when the winner was finally scored). Secretly, I'd like TO to squeak by Philly in 7 so they're softened up for a sweet loss to Ottawa. That'd serve y'all right after all that yakkin..... (sorry, that's bitter bitterness entering the picture).

seth_quinn
04-29-2003, 07:00 PM
jjr - how's the new crib? gonna have to tell us all about it and post a few snaps maybe.

mabudonicus
05-02-2003, 11:44 AM
Hey, JJR... It's one day early, but you'll probably read it a few days late, what with the move and all, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You've already got everything, so as a gift I will go across the street and take you a B-day pic tomorrow, you can see it when I get em developed.. I'll try and stir them up a bit before I snap it, or maybe try to catch the one who staggers home at 12 noon saturday... either way, hope you've gotten enough done to actually "have" a good one, CHEERS!!!!!
(PS now you're an older man than me for 9 months again, sucker;))

seth_quinn
05-03-2003, 03:45 PM
JJR - is today your birthday? well then Happy Birthday! hope it's a great day!