PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find Lando/Tessek wave?

Wolfwood319
11-04-2001, 04:06 AM
Has anyone out there found any of the Lando/Tessek wave in stores at all. I have never seen any of these on store shelves and I visit the stores in my area regularly.

These things must have had a production run similar to Ree-Yees/DS Trooper. I haven't even seen these at the shows.

Also, do you think the new FX-7 wave will be as common as the Luke X-wing wave is now, or do you think it will drop down to the more rare level like some of the mid-POTJ waves?

evenflow
11-04-2001, 07:26 AM
I occasionally find the Tessek wave around here at Toys R' Us. Once and a while, that and the Ketwol wave. I still have never seen the Luke X-wing wave on the pegs here though.

Obi-Don
11-04-2001, 08:55 AM
I'm lucky to find anything around here dealing with Star Wars. Every once in a while I'll find something but I haven't found either one as of yet. :mad:

Sliver FBI
11-04-2001, 08:41 PM
I only saw them once, there were two of each except for R2Q5, wich I never saw. I grabbed one of each, then after getting to the car, decided to grab an extra Lando for trades and when I came back, they were all gone, and I never saw that wave again. :(

bigbarada
11-04-2001, 08:46 PM
I saw all of them sometime ago at Target and K-Mart. I picked up Lando and JarJar for me, Tessek and the black Artoo for my brother. Target sold out almost immediately but K-Mart had a few Landos, JarJars and Tesseks pegwarming for a while. Of course they are all gone now.

Starfig873
11-04-2001, 08:50 PM
This is rather odd. I found them all at a local Kmart when they were first released. I wonder why such a popular wave ended up so scarce? I bet before too long Hasbro starts shipping out cases of em'.

master jedi
11-04-2001, 10:29 PM
I see this wave around but here in Iowa your lucky if you find any new waves.

darth chuck
11-04-2001, 11:50 PM
I found this wave only once at Walmart. There was only one Lando and one Tessek left. I am still looking for extras, so if they do show up again, Hasbro has a sale here.

GNT
11-05-2001, 12:28 AM
I did find this wave, But I passed on it cause I really didn't want them at that time aggggghhhhhh!

JEDIpartner
11-05-2001, 01:45 PM
I found remnants of that wave at a BFE WalMart in Streetsboro, OH back in April or May. I picked up the R2-Q5 and "Pleasure Tongue" JarJar (who, by the way, is putting the moves on Monkey-Face Leia's left Cinnabon as we speak!). There was nothing else of that wave there. No Tessek. No Lando. Oh, well. I was never a "Colt Man" and I still like the Vintage Squiddly Diddly.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-05-2001, 02:32 PM
I saw this wave once too, at a Kay-Bee buy-one-get-one-free no less. I picked up 2 R2-Q5s cuz back (in late May) then I didn't collect POTJ, cuz I was still working on my Ep1 collection (I am always behind on my collections). But I thought the droids were cool, so I picked him up. Little did I know the wave would never be sighted again, until 2 weeks ago while I was in Canada. I was at a Toy Store in Toronto and saw 2 figures of each of the wave (except there was only 1 Tessek), so I picked up a Lando and a Tessek. I would have gotten the others for trades if I hadn't blown my money earlier. I occasionaly still see the Jar Jar tongue but I have yet to pick him up.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2001, 12:22 PM
LBC, you are sooooo lucky to have found the black artoo. I've never seen either that one or the Lando figures anywhere. I was lucky that my wife scored me a Tessek a while back and that I found the Jar Jar (last one) at a Target. I guess every once in a while there is just a wave like this one that pops up.

I'm trying to be patient and not get them from a scalper or on-line source. TRU usually comes through sooner or later by shipping a HTF wave long after its initial release, just like they did for the R2-B1 and Jar Jar Naboo waves.

Wolfwood319
11-06-2001, 02:23 PM
I buckled and paid $35 for R2, Tessek and Lando of eBay. I actually found 1 of the Jar Jars at a Target a while back. The card was ripped and the bubble was coming of the card, but I bought it anyway and I'm using for my Mos Espa scene.

I can't remember the last time a wave was this rare. Even the show I went to a few weeks ago, none of the dealers had any figs from this wave. One guy had to of the black R2s for $30 each. He sold both. Is anyone listening Hasbro, time to reship this wave.