PDA

View Full Version : What we already KNOW about Episode III

JEDIpartner
11-25-2002, 03:11 PM
James Earl Jones is confirmed for voiceover work for the last minutes of the film.

ONE scene was filmed in Tatooine during the Episode II shoot. It will be the only EXTERIOR shot of Tatooine in the film.

The individual who "erased" Kamino from the Jedi Archives will be revealed.

The reason Qui-Gon's voice is "heard" by Yoda (during his meditation in AOTC) will be revealed.

All current principal cast members are signed to appear in the film.

...what else can be added to this list?

The Overlord Returns
11-25-2002, 03:44 PM
Just one thing.........

How do we know the person who erased kamino from the archives will be revealed? Was this on the DVD, and I just missed it?

Beast
11-25-2002, 03:51 PM
Yes, it's on the DVD in the Audio Commentary. :)

Lucas also confirmed memory wipes for C-3PO and R2-D2, though things could change. Frankly I think C-3PO should have a memory cap instead, and R2-D2 should still know everything.

The Overlord Returns
11-25-2002, 04:01 PM
I still think you could make it work without any memory wipes....

So, George making a point of sayoing the person in question would be revealed, leads me to think it is NOT the obvious choice of Count Dooku......hmmm.... I hope this isn't leading to the far fetched "Mace is evil" thing so many fans want to see happen....

Rogue II
11-25-2002, 04:49 PM
Well, there was this post about filming at Mount Etna (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15792).

And, it has been said we will see characters wearing parts of Darth Vader's armor.

The Overlord Returns
11-25-2002, 04:55 PM
Hasn't McCallum said that the film opens with the final battle of the clone wars?

Does that count as a certainty?

Rogue II
11-25-2002, 05:06 PM
He did say something like that. I thought someone compared the events of Episode 3 to that of ESB---large battle sequence in the begining, and the rest of the story was supposed to be somewhat personal.

Jedi Clint
11-25-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Hasn't McCallum said that the film opens with the final battle of the clone wars?

Does that count as a certainty?

Lucas said that as well as what Rogue II posted about the story getting small and personal after that.

Beast
11-25-2002, 06:36 PM
I think we can pretty much gurantee that Padme will be pregnant in E3. Even though it's not been bluntly stated by anyone. Unless Luke and Leia wind up being clones. Oww, don't hit or yell. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Clint
11-25-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I think we can pretty much gurantee that Padme will be pregnant in E3. Even though it's not been bluntly stated by anyone. Unless Luke and Leia wind up being clones. Oww, don't hit or yell. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Didn't Natalie mention that she would be "with child" in an interview from one of the SW insiders?

Rogue II
11-25-2002, 06:58 PM
I thought I heard that as well.

And Luke and Leia being twins makes about as much sense as Mace Windu goin' Sith.:D;)

Beast
11-25-2002, 07:02 PM
Well, they said twins. Noone ever said that they were identical twins. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
11-25-2002, 08:36 PM
we also know that it won't be happy go lucky, it will be very dark... kinda like Ewan McGregors eyeshadow in some photo that surfaced a few months back :crazed: :D

The Overlord Returns
11-26-2002, 08:12 AM
Why do people always forget about fraternal twins?? ;)

JEDIpartner
11-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Per the new INSIDER:

Trish Biggar is already working on approved costumes for SOME of the main cast members.

clonehead
11-27-2002, 12:35 PM
what is it that we actually know about the third episode? please no non-factual information

The Overlord Returns
11-27-2002, 12:48 PM
Clonehead, there is already a thread about this....maybe three posts down from the top...........

Just so you know, you're thread will most likely be merged with the existing one........

scruffziller
11-27-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns

Just so you know, you're thread will most likely be merged with the existing one........

Well not yet.

We know..............

IT WILL BE VERY DARK!!!!!

The Overlord Returns
11-27-2002, 01:23 PM
See... :)

Toad
11-27-2002, 07:43 PM
I didn't realize til now that James Earl Jones is confirmed to voice Darth Vader. I don't know where it was "confirmed" that it would only be for a few minutes ... but that's sweet and holding well with my theories!! :)

Darkross
11-29-2002, 10:33 AM
Lucas confirmed J.E.J. voice would be in the last 5 minutes of Episode III. I remember hearing way back...shortly after Episode II came out. Natalie Portman also confirmed that she would be with child (6 - 9 months) along for most of the film in Episode III, so it's safe to say that we will see her with child. The filming of Mount Etna...almost confirms that we will definitely see Anakin and Obi-Wan dueling near a molten lava pit. Everything is coming together...

I would be really, really surprised if Mace turns out to be bad.

gibbyhayes
11-30-2002, 09:11 AM
Yeah, the evil Mace thing just doesn't fly...

JEDIpartner
11-30-2002, 10:01 AM
DOESN'T fly... or ISN'T fly! ;)

Darkross
12-02-2002, 10:45 AM
Although...after watching AOTC twice yesterday...it did occur to me that it is possible that Mace could be bad. Here is my reasoning:

Scene 1: When Mace and Yoda are talking to Obi-Wan (via Sattelite) and Mace immediately dismisses Obi-Wan's question regarding the Jedi Council authorizing the creation of the clone army. It is almost like he's trying to hide something...

Scene 2: When Mace and Yoda are talking after the conversation with Obi-Wan...and Mace tells Yoda that he thinks it's time to notify the senate that their powers of the force have been reduced...(he was wise...he should know that you don't tell others your weakness!)

I dunno...maybe I'm way off base here...

JEDIpartner
12-02-2002, 01:14 PM
okay... even though that's not something we KNOW about EPISODE III and more like speculation, Sam Jackson DID say he's the second baddest guy in the galaxy. Who said that he meant "bad" as in "good"? Second to only Vader, who is the baddest of them all?

Rogue II
12-02-2002, 01:29 PM
STOP IT!!!!! NO SPECULATING IN THE FACTS THREAD! :mad: If you continue, I'm going to have to ask you to step outside :evil: That's easy for me to say since we are no where near each other....na nee na nee boo boo phhhhhhhht!!!!!:p

Can't we have one thread in the spoilers section free of speculation? Like my boss once told me: If you think in one hand and **** in the other, which hand gets full first?

Besides, I still don't buy the Evil Mace Theory.

Who thinks we can keep this thread alive until the release of Episode 3?:crazed:

JEDIpartner
12-02-2002, 02:15 PM
"na nee na nee boo boo phhhhhhhht??" :confused:

I totally agree. Let's get this back on track and try to use this thread as a place where we, the spoiler cravers, can pool our information and distill it! You know... I never thought about this thread lasting three years when I started it! Frightening! :eek:

Darkross
12-03-2002, 10:50 AM
Excuse me...

Let me dust myself off here... I was merely trying to justify how Mace Windu could be an evil character in disguise...but with that said...I'm still speculating...SORRY!

Back on track...

Rogue II
12-03-2002, 10:58 AM
Hey, no problem. I won't say Mace being evil isn't a possibility, but I don't think he is.

Anyway, it's been slow lately on spoilers. I thought I heard the last SW Insider magazine was supposed to have some sort of spoiler in it, but I guess I heard wrong.

Qui-Gon Jimm
12-18-2002, 05:24 PM
James Earl Jones was at the Verizon Store in NYC last week and CONFIRMED that he has about 5 minutes of voice work to do for E3.

JEDIpartner
12-23-2002, 01:38 PM
There is a new INSIDER coming out to subscribers in about a week-and-a-half. I will post anything that I find in that issue... unless someone beats be to it, of course!

Jedi Clint
12-23-2002, 02:01 PM
Resources from the past:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8142

Rogue II
01-19-2003, 07:44 AM
I found this. Nothing major.

Quick summary:
-Filming starts Summer 2003.
-Important Characters will die. [size=10 duh[/size]
-No final script, yet.

http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/movie_news/

Starwars.com updated tonight with a status report on EPISODE III from Production Designer Gavin Bocquet. Things appear to be on-track and relaxed at the moment, but Bocquet says they can go into hyperspace at any given time. Here's an excerpt:

"We've probably got about two or three weeks of just prep, but then we would hope to be pretty much semi full-on come February. We're about six months, really, until we plan to start shooting."

Bocquet cites the main difference for his work on Episode III to be time. "The time scale is a little different. Certainly from Phantom to Clones, the schedule for prep work has gotten smaller each time. It'll be a little smaller this time," Bocquet smiles.

Without a final script in hand, the production team has learned to adapt to Lucas' quick-paced style. "We try to be in a position where we can really move when called upon and be ready to go quickly." Bocquet cites a new ship for one of the film's heroes as an example. "We still don't know if we're going to need a full-size cockpit or a full-size ship, but we're doing all the technical drawings for it. Even if we don't build it, then that information is ready for ILM to have and use."

For the full story, head over to Starwars.com. I'm assuming it's labeled EPISODE II news because they don't have an EPISODE III section yet. Here's hoping it comes soon...

So, shooting in about 6 months - seems about right to me. Summer 2003 was always the official time period making the rounds in magazines and on the Net. New ship for one of the heroes -very nice. Who's it gonna be? Anakin? Still way to early to tell, but we can always speculate.

EPISODE III Hints
In the latest Star Wars Insider Magazines
Dateline: Thursday, January 02, 2003, 9:15am EST
By: T'bone
Source: Star Wars Insider

The last few issues of the Star Wars Insider have been quite interesting, despite the recent changing of companies (again). Of course, in these days of infrequent news, just about anything to wet our whistles is like a refreshing glass of blue milk...

The last two issues (63 and 64) have a few good quotes from Producer Rick McCallum that might interest those looking to speculate on what EPISODE III might actually be like. Here are a few:

Considering the tragic theme of this final chapter in the prequel trilogy, should fans expect it to be more violent than previous movies? "No," replies McCallum. "I don't think so. The violence comes from within. It's betrayal. That's more violent than almost anything."

Despite these general predictions, McCallum remains carefully coy when asked whether fans should brace themselves for the deaths of important characters. "You should definitely brace yourself for that," he laughs, refusing to give any more specific hints.

"I just did a round-the-world trip," he adds. "I finalized the deal at the studio in Sydney. We met some new crewmembers who will be joining us, including a new set decorator, Richard Rogers. Peter Russel, our Art Director, has already started out but the main bulk of the team will begin in January."

"We'll probably make another 1,200 costumes, so it's a serious operation. George has approved about ten of them," says McCallum.

Rogue II
01-31-2003, 03:13 PM
Some more casting news:

http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/movie_news/

A reliable Aussie source has just written in with a bit more alleged EPISODE III casting news.

It seems that while LucasFilm still hasn't finalized their cast (filming doesn't really start until June), information is floating around about the people who have "informally" been asked to be involved.

We've already heard that Australian TV Actor, Clayton Watson, is in the film (from his own very mouth on TV), but an "Anonymous Aussie" source let me know that Alethea McGrath (Jocasta Nu) will also be returning for a few days of filming.

Sounds like we'll get to the bottom of the Jedi Archive mystery after all! Can't wait to see the look on her smug little face... I just hope Obi-Wan's there to see it too.

Rogue II
02-03-2003, 11:26 AM
For any of you who were in the No Spoiler Section reading the thread called "Guessing the title (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=217606#post217606)"

Here is what 187-Maul was talking about.

ok so here is what it said in the article, from an interview with Lucas:
1. Boba Fett will be back in E3 but since he'll only be 13 years he won;t be wearing the suit and his role won't be as big as it was in E2
2. Qui-Gon's "No, Anakin, no" scream will be explained and it was a "key scene" in E2
3. Mace Windu is definitly gonna die, but Samuel L. Jackson requested a dramatic death scene, and he will certainly not die at the beginning of the movie
that's all, actually it's pretty much IMO, but I don't know what spoilers have yet been said, so just reply if you already knew them and what you think of them

Greyfolk
02-22-2003, 01:22 PM
Has the poster for the new Clone Wars cartoon revealed much to us? We know that the dark Jedi will be introduced.. but will they still remain in EIII?

mini-rock
02-22-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Greyfolk
Has the poster for the new Clone Wars cartoon revealed much to us? We know that the dark Jedi will be introduced.. but will they still remain in EIII?

Highly doubt it, but I guess anythings possible.:)

OC47150
03-05-2003, 04:34 PM
I watched AOTC over the weekend and gave the Mace Windu being bad some thought. It could happen but I picture millions of fans collectively going 'noooooooooooooo!' all at once on opening day, May 2005.

JEDIpartner
03-06-2003, 12:21 PM
I wonder if there will be a scene where Dooku discovers he's been had... :evil:

Anyhow... it has been beyond confirmed that there will be a location with great seismic activity. So... we know the "volcano" thing will happen somehow.

Fat Rick also stated that there are a number of sets that are currently under construction and that they are ready to make the movie.

Pretty exciting considering that's not a whole lot of information.

Imperial Loyalist
03-06-2003, 12:44 PM
:crazed: So is Mace good or evil? Perhaps Yoda is evil and erased Kamino - he was a "plant" on Dagobah and unbeknowest even to Obi-wan worked for his dark master to deliver Luke to the Emporer. This explains how he escaped the jedi purge.

You probably will forever ban me from posting again because this is all speculation, but its better than practising family law all day.

JEDIpartner
03-07-2003, 08:35 AM
Hey! If you want to start a speculation thread... do that and stop contaminating mine!!! :D

just kidding...

Brainiak76
03-31-2003, 07:05 PM
WOW!!:eek: :crazed:

im new here and i couldnt even dream up some of the stuff people been speculating bout!! I dont mean to add to the speculation but sam jackson did always say hes the baddest jedi!! I never would have thought bout that!!

Neways great info guys keep it coming...

cant wait for EP III!!!:D :D :D

mini-rock
03-31-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Brainiak76
WOW!!:eek: :crazed:

im new here and i couldnt even dream up some of the stuff people been speculating bout!! I dont mean to add to the speculation but sam jackson did always say hes the baddest jedi!! I never would have thought bout that!!

Neways great info guys keep it coming...

cant wait for EP III!!!:D :D :D

Welcome to SSG brudda.:D

JEDIpartner
04-01-2003, 08:27 AM
Sad to say that there is really nothing new to report from the current INSIDER.
==============================================
Great Moments in One-Word Answers
Each time we call, we ask Rick McCallum questions we know he can't answer, but then he surprises us by answering one of them. Will there be any cameos of classic trilogy characters in Episode III?

"Absolutely," he says.

When we ask for details, he astonishes us further by revealing the identity of one of the cameo characters...just before swearing us to silence on the matter.

Sorry! Maybe next issue. (Then again, maybe not.)
==============================================
Well... even though we don't get to know the identity of the person, they DID say "ONE" of the cameo characters. With this, I would gather there will be more than one.

Let's keep the speculation to a minimum in this thread.

Rogue II
04-01-2003, 09:10 AM
I thought JJB posted something about the role of Tarkin would be played by someone from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

JEDIpartner
04-01-2003, 11:25 AM
That was from the rumour mill.

Jargo
04-14-2003, 04:48 AM
Besides which James Marsters has a fake british accent. Really naff one too. Ralph Fiennes should play Tarkin. It's the only logical choice.

JEDIpartner
04-14-2003, 08:08 AM
I'd prefer Mr. Fiennes... the more I think about it.

Unkle Mike
04-21-2003, 10:11 PM
I thought I had heard that Gl wanted to throw us a few bones with some cameos, but didn't want to risk screwing with the story in the process (great time to figure that out, George -- on the final film). Han, Chewie, Tarkin, and somebody else were mentioned, but Han would be too young at this point. Anyway, I thought he had decided to not do the cameo thing. Guess I was wrong.
Not the first time, not the last, either.

PoggleTheGreater
04-21-2003, 10:33 PM
I don't think Han, Chewie, or Lando shoul be in 3, but I wouldn't mind seeing Tarkin, Mothma, or Dodanna.

What about Tim Roth for Tarkin? .....Maybe not.

Darth Spectre
05-06-2003, 09:57 AM
Han would be 17 at the time of Ep III, so he certainly would be old enough for at least a meaningful cameo.

Darkross
05-06-2003, 10:44 AM
I would love to see a young Han Solo and Lando Calrissian in Episode III. Han would be just about the age where he enlists in the Imperial academy...and perhaps Lando could have the Millenium Falcon at this time??? A nice way to tie the trilogies together.

Darth Spectre
05-06-2003, 10:50 AM
It would be nice to see Han, especially forming the relationship with Chewie, but I doubt that will happen. Not if Lucas sticks with the backstory of Han being an Imperial in training at the time he meets Chewie, since there can't be an Imperial Academy until there already is an Empire.

Darkross
05-06-2003, 10:57 AM
The formation of the Empire may happen off-screen...i.e. in the opening crawl of Episode III. We may yet see Han and Chewie in Episode III. Here's hoping...

Darth Spectre
05-06-2003, 11:02 AM
The Han & Chewie thing might happen. If EP III does begin with the end of the Clone Wars though, then the Empire is still not truly formed by that point (not in name anyway).

Darth Spectre
05-06-2003, 11:06 AM
One other thing we know is that this is Lucas's last chance to make a great Star Wars movie...LOL

Darkross
05-07-2003, 10:48 AM
Personally I'm hoping that with the addition of Chewbacca in Episode III...we'll finally see a battle with the wookies on their home planet...rather than those ewoks!

TheDarthVader
05-07-2003, 12:25 PM
That would be nice (to see a battle with the Wookies involved). I doubt that GL will put that in the movie though. I doubt that we will see Han and Lando. He wants to make sure to focus the attention on one important person (Vader/Anakin). That's just my opinion. The whole story is about Anakin/Vader anyway.

Darth Spectre
05-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Wookiee mania is probably another pipe dream sadly...LOL. Not sure if the Vader's Armor idea, the pieces being seen on different people at first, is a good idea either. I know that is still only a rumor (as far as I know), but it would be interesting to see how Lucas pulled it off. I just hope he doesn't drop the ball on this one. Ep III should be the best, darkest and deepest of the trilogy.

Jargo
05-08-2003, 08:42 AM
The main story can't take up all the movie as there are other plot twists that need addressing. There is scope to see the beginnings of the rebellion, or rather the beginnings of a disgruntled faction who are opposed to Palpatines ways. We know that senator Yarua will be around during this period and so it's entirely possible that Kashyyk could be a location for a meeting of the rebel faction. In this case a Wookiee throng would be where a possible cameo by Chewbacca would come in. And why not use Kashyyk? We went there in the dreadful holiday special so this would be a way of doing it right. Without the schmaltz or the bloody awful child Wookiee thing. Perhaps giving the Wookiees back some dignity. And if the Wookiees were a part of the rebellion from the start then this would explain why Chewbacca was enslaved and how Han as a young Imperial came to meet Chewbacca. We don't need to see that happen but setting it up casually would be good. Just a hint. Also having a rebel meeting at Kashyyk would help to keep the heat away from Alderaan where bail Organa maintains a masquerade of allegience to Palpatine. Troublesome maybe but not not outwardly against him.

Hypotheticals in a thread against hypotheticals. Sorry JP. :) just got a little carried away.

Simdog
05-12-2003, 09:31 AM
I would like to see the last battle of the Clone Wars end on Kashyyyk with the Wookies fighting along side of the Jedi and Clones against the Battle Droids. They Federation could try to enslave the Wookies for labor and the Jedi could be there to defend them. Aren't the Jedi to defeat the Droids in the Clone Wars? This could explain why the Wookies were eventually enslaved and shed some light on Chewie's backs story. He fought in the Clone Wars and had something in common with Obi-Wan, thus connecting 3 to 4.

Darth Spectre
05-12-2003, 09:58 AM
I still expect Chewie to be not a major player in Ep III. Probably the Wookiees as a whole won't be a factor either. He (Lucas) doesn't have enough time to go off on too many tangents.

OC47150
05-12-2003, 10:39 AM
I expect to see a group of Wookie slaves being led somewhere and Chewie's in that group. That's it. I'd rank it alongside the Anthony Daniels cameo.

Darth Spectre
05-12-2003, 10:42 AM
I suspect it will be along those lines, possibly a little longer...but not like Boba Fett's role in Ep II or anything.

zachatack
05-14-2003, 06:48 AM
I read in the papers that Lucas has told Hayden Christensen that he needs to "bulk up." I think he's going to be put on an intense work-out program so his frame can become more "Vader-like."

Darth Spectre
05-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Yep, that is what is supposed to happen. Should give him a crew cut or something too, to make it even more clear he is drifting away from the Jedi way of doing things.

JEDIpartner
07-01-2003, 09:35 AM
Anyhow...

The latest issue of INSIDER... the script is 120 pages long BUT Rick McCallum states this may be the shortest of all the movies in the saga. That really scares me. How do you cram a totally "PG" Padme, Anakin's descent into the dark side, the Jedi purge and the rise of the Empire into anything less than two hours??!!! :eek:

Darth Spectre
07-01-2003, 09:49 AM
That was my reaction too when I heard that. If anything, this episode should be the longest, not the shortest. Yet another reason to fear George just doesn't have it in him anymore.

mabudonicus
07-02-2003, 11:10 AM
on the wookies, AICN had some bit about how there was a basketball team hired to play a bunch of wookies... a rumour, I know, but a fun one!!
The same "source" said that there will be lots on dagobah, and that overall there will be less effects and locations, focussing more on interiors, whatever that means, since dagobah doesn't have too many interiors, from what I remember...

Darth Spectre
07-02-2003, 11:20 AM
I read all those rumors too. I think they are all probably garbage. No wookiee basketball team, or no lots of time on Dagobah. That makes so little sense, even more so now if The Insider confirmed Dooku will not be fighting Yoda again, because that seems to almost bury the idea that Yoda will fight someone on Dagobah (not that I ever bought into that...LOL). Dagobah needs to be hidden, unknown, obscure...in order for Yoda to be safe. He, Obi-Wan and Luke will probably appear on Dagobah towards the end of the film, before Obi-Wan takes Luke to Tatooine and that will be about it for Dagobah.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-02-2003, 01:16 PM
I agree, i don't think too much fighting, if any, should take place on Dagobah. I think yoda picked that place to hide cause he knew it was obscure and remote. He wouldn't want to pick a place that had seen so much action earlier in the Saga. I heard a rumor that jedi dies in that cave where Luke "faces" Vader in ESB, but i don't believe that. :D

JEDIpartner
07-07-2003, 09:43 AM
...No wookiee basketball team, or no lots of time on Dagobah. That makes so little sense...
There is no wookiee basketball team/game in the film. They needed to fill the wookiee roles with really tall guys and a group of basketball players was the most obvious pool to draw from.

Darth Spectre
07-07-2003, 10:22 AM
I know, I was being funny...LOL I meant more that I didn't buy that whole concept as a rumor to begin with.

JEDIpartner
07-07-2003, 12:07 PM
I don't think it was a mere rumour this time...

Darth Spectre
07-07-2003, 12:15 PM
God I hope it was only a rumor...LOL. It sounds a little far-fetched. I don't think the Insider or McCallum has confirmed that, though I could be wrong. Some rumors are so lame, and they turn out to be true. Just like "Revenge of the Sith" is just so perfect a title for EP III, so it will almost have to be changed by GL... LOL

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-07-2003, 12:17 PM
Apparently, on Hyperspace, there was a bunch of Wookiee masks. It's possible that they were all for Chewbacca, but it would be so awesome to see more Wookiees in action. :cool:

Darth Spectre
07-07-2003, 12:23 PM
Depending on how and why they are there, I agree.

JEDIpartner
07-08-2003, 10:40 AM
Padme's Apartment set has been struck. They are done filming the necessary scenes on this one. The Jedi Council set has been rebuilt in full for this film. Bai Ling's scenes have wrapped and she has left Australia. A "starship bridge" set has been built for the film and was available for the cast/crew family tour which is taking place throughout the week. A set with classically styled architacture and columns was built, full-size and there is a fountain in the middle of it. The fountain will be completed via CGI. The effects team suggested that the fountain should look like something that could never be built. George is considering the options. Ian McDiamirid has arrived in Syndey and make-up tests are being conducted for his look in this film. There is relatively little resource material from ROTJ to assist them in bridging the gap so they are considering options here as well. Peter Mayhew arrived and donned the new Chewbacca suit minus the mask, which has not been completed. A very tall set appears to have been built and it seems quite large. We have only been shown the back-end of it at the moment.

Darth Spectre
07-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Am starting to get psyched now. Look forward to Episode III a great deal, though I know it will be a bittersweet feeling (no matter how good it is) simply because it will be the last Star Wars movie that will ever be made. SIGH....LOL

Darth Spectre
07-15-2003, 11:44 AM
Any thoughts on the information Nick Gilliard revealed during his chat regarding the lightsaber duels and Mace's fate? There were some interesting bits of info there.

JEDIpartner
08-06-2003, 03:30 PM
They've been working on this set for about two-three weeks now. Wasn't sure what it was supposed to be. Well... still not SURE of WHAT it's supposed to be but I think WHERE it is supposed to be has become clearer with the addition of the floor.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-06-2003, 03:41 PM
Looks to me like Palpatine's theater. :cool:

Darth Spectre
08-06-2003, 03:54 PM
Almost looks like a version of his throne room at first glance.

JEDIpartner
08-06-2003, 04:08 PM
My feeling is that Palpatine takes over the Jedi Temple and makes that his throne room... that way it sorta resemble's his throne room spire on the Death Star II. :cool:

jedi master sal
08-07-2003, 10:52 AM
My feeling is that Palpatine takes over the Jedi Temple and makes that his throne room... that way it sorta resemble's his throne room spire on the Death Star II. :cool:

Ooh, good point. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the similarity between the Jedi Council Spire and Palpy's on DS2

About Chewie and other Wookies:
It has been reported that there WILL be more Wookies. In fact members of a basketball team have been hired to play such parts.

JEDIpartner
08-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Ooh, good point. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the similarity between the Jedi Council Spire and Palpy's on DS2

I think it would be an interesting concept for Palpatine to take over the spire as his own. It would signify his power as the one who conquered the Jedi. It would also be like spitting in the face of his fallen enemy. It just evokes so many images and feelings. Since Uncle George adopted the name Coruscant in place of "Had Abadon" for the capital world, he may also utilise the "pyramid shaped Imperial Palace" building that was mentioned first in the Thrawn trilogy. If you look at it, the Jedi Council spires rest atop half a pyramid. :cool:

Beast
08-07-2003, 01:26 PM
Well, according to the EU that's exactly what he did do. So I bet we'll see him definatly take over the Jedi Temple and convert it to his seat of Galactic Rule. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
08-07-2003, 01:28 PM
Yea! I guessed well! :happy:

Jedi Clint
08-07-2003, 01:59 PM
Is the location where Dooku meets Sidious at the end of Attack of the Clones Not the same location we see an exterior shot of when the Palpatine statue is being pulled down at the end of the Return of the Jedi special edition? I think the area of Coruscant we see that location in started to become the Imperial staging area by the end of AOTC, although I'm sure it wasn't being referred to as "Imperial" at the time. It makes sense for a command and control structure to be erected in this area seperate from the long established center of galactic affairs on the planet. Palpatine can spend more and more time in this location until eventually he is completely inaccessible.

I think the "floor" area we see in the picture JP provided looks very "Jedi Temple".....all be it a bit metallic and grey, but I don't think it's the Chancellor's setup there in. My guess is that it is a briefing room. Notice that there is seating next to the stairs and a screen between the 2 large pillars. If we were to mirror this design opposite the screen, it would make a round room with a screen at it's center and entrances (stairways) on either side. They tested lights that remind me of a movie theater several times on the cam. These fairly dim lights shine up behind the seating area in each of the half circles that comprise the round walls of the room. I thought it might be part of the theater where Palpatine has his public meeting as mentioned in one the set diaries, but I wasn't aware that the scene encompassed more than that which was shot on the primarily blue screen stage that was described in the same.

Seeing the Jedi pattern on the floor made me think that a strategy session for the Jedi was going to take place there with them setting in the stadium style seating that encircles the screen where their mission data would be displayed.

JEDIpartner
08-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Is the location where Dooku meets Sidious at the end of Attack of the Clones Not the same location we see an exterior shot of when the Palpatine statue is being pulled down at the end of the Return of the Jedi special edition?

No. The area at the end of ROTJ is just one of the many plazas on Coruscant. The area where Dooku meets Sidious at the end of AOTC is a large abandonned industrial area. It has a name but I haven't a clue what it is off the top of my head. Anyhow... it's a dead sector that has been off-limits for centuries due to a poisonous gas disaster that left all the workers dead. All power had been cut off from the area but some of the power conduits have been rumoured to be reactivated.

Anyhow... Emperor's palace or something else, the floor definitely smacks of the Jedi Temple. There were a number of blue screens curtaining off the the otherside of the oval room during a webcam broadcast earlier today.

Jedi Clint
08-07-2003, 05:13 PM
No. The area at the end of ROTJ is just one of the many plazas on Coruscant. The area where Dooku meets Sidious at the end of AOTC is a large abandonned industrial area. It has a name but I haven't a clue what it is off the top of my head. Anyhow... it's a dead sector that has been off-limits for centuries due to a poisonous gas disaster that left all the workers dead. All power had been cut off from the area but some of the power conduits have been rumoured to be reactivated.

I popped in ROTJ SE and AOTC to compare and the 2 buildings are quite different, my bad. I was working from memory. Perhaps the Chancellor's building in the prequels was the building we see in the ROTJ SE. I swear I read something similar to that in the past. I'm not going back to compare now. I was wrong. Was the staging area at the end of AOTC near the location where Sidious and Dooku meet?

therock0603
08-08-2003, 04:57 PM
just so you all know.....the interview with James didn't say that he will be in the last five minutes of Episode III. It said that he will be called in to do voice work during the last 5 minutes of production or whatever. Not meaning that Vader will only be there for the last 5 minutes of the movie, but that he will be doing about that much voice work. And of course that's probably just an exaggeration. He'll probably be doing more than that, but it's just gonna be short compared to the rest of the movie since Vader won't show up til near the end. So I wouldn't be surprised if Vader is seen for more than 5 minutes of the movie.

CloneTrooperMace
08-08-2003, 05:46 PM
They've been working on this set for about two-three weeks now. Wasn't sure what it was supposed to be. Well... still not SURE of WHAT it's supposed to be but I think WHERE it is supposed to be has become clearer with the addition of the floor.

Maybe It's the part were padme and anakin meet each other?Who Knows?

-CTM-

JEDIpartner
08-11-2003, 11:58 AM
This was on the webcam so I thought I'd put it up on the boards for people to debate over. Real or Prop? You decide!

They had scanned a Royal Guard helmet and were goofing around with the Fauxbi-Wan dummy before that thing popped into the frame.

Battle Droid
08-11-2003, 12:08 PM
They also scanned Plo Koon (with hood up), hope we get a hood up Koon action figure.

JEDIpartner
08-11-2003, 12:42 PM
Just saw them doing that... :happy:

JEDIpartner
08-12-2003, 08:01 AM
I'll post things that I find worthy of a view in this thread. So... no one has a clue on the pic I posted above?

OC47150
08-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Early TIE fighter pilot helmet?

Jargo
08-12-2003, 08:07 AM
Looks like some sort of pilot obviously, Has a passing resemblance to an AT-ST helmet and goggles, possibly a hover tank pilot for the Wookiee battle at the start of the movie. Could also just be any one of a number of extras in a spaceport scene.
Could be one of Bail Organas Alderaanian pilots.
I'm going off old ideas here but I can't think of anything better. I personally like the idea of a hover tank pilot.

CloneTrooperMace
08-12-2003, 08:07 AM
Maybe it's some new Trooper Or it's a Tie pilot?Who know?

JEDIpartner
08-12-2003, 09:42 AM
This looks like the corridor in a spacecraft...

It appears to be a little "Imperial" in design.

Any takers...?

Jedi Clint
08-12-2003, 01:03 PM
This looks like the corridor in a spacecraft...

It appears to be a little "Imperial" in design.

Any takers...?

When I saw it, I was first reminded of the waiting room Kenobi and Jin were put in when they borded the TF ship at the beginning of TPM.

OC47150
08-12-2003, 01:10 PM
Landing bay, ala ROJ?

JEDIpartner
08-12-2003, 01:39 PM
Don't let the picture deceive you. That's a door at the far end.

Jargo
08-12-2003, 01:55 PM
Looks like a corridor on a spaceship of some kind, midsection. Between the bridge and the engines. Those are definately windows for observation purposes. Perhaps part of the second stage in the development of the Star destroyer from Republic cruiser. Or this could be some bridge type part of a tall building. something that crosses between towers for example. The fuzziness makes it hard to see where the structure begins and ends and the monochromatic presentation disorientates.

JEDIpartner
08-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Our council decided to NOT post images directly from the HYPERSPACE... we don't want to lose our subscription or be banned from the site! :happy:

Jargo
08-12-2003, 04:37 PM
Ah but somewhere there's the intellectual rights lawsuit looming..... :)

JEDIpartner
08-14-2003, 11:47 AM
I'm sure... but it's art for the sake of spoiling...

JEDIpartner
08-20-2003, 11:48 AM
An extra just donned a wookiee costume. This one has the particular wookiee decked out in very cool "braided" hair...! Very cool... very tribal looking!!

Jargo
08-20-2003, 02:02 PM
Oh i'm so looking forward to seeing these Wookiees. Not to mention action figures of them :) bad bottom hard as nails Wookiees. Does this mean we get to see a better version of Kashyyk then? The holiday special version of a wookiee domain was a little too domestic for my tastes. I'm hoping it's a little less technologically advanced while still being civilised in some way. I mean that's if we do see Kashyyk that is. Lucas might move the wookiees to a different planet for their official outing.
Were these braids like rat tails or more sort of Willy Nelson? :D

JEDIpartner
08-20-2003, 02:08 PM
They were more like rattails but bound in about 3-4 spots on each section of "fur". It was completely cool!

Jargo
08-20-2003, 02:26 PM
Like, all over or just round the head? I'm getting a mental picture of that guy from Farscape with sort of Viking like braids in tied bunches. Each way of tying them signifies some sort of tribal status. The more senior they are the more fancy the tails knots and stuff. Can't see Rubies rushing to make replicas of these eh? :)

JEDIpartner
08-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Okay.... that's EXACTLY like the way it looked. They were eminating from the mid to lower portion on the back of his head. I knew I had seen something like that in recent Sci-fi history. You nailed it to the wall.

Darth Spectre
08-20-2003, 02:55 PM
Okay.... that's EXACTLY like the way it looked. They were eminating from the mid to lower portion on the back of his head. I knew I had seen something like that in recent Sci-fi history. You nailed it to the wall.

Man, Wookieemania is running wild here today! LOL

JEDIpartner
08-21-2003, 08:22 AM
Can I just say that Wookiees that look more "native" is something I think many of us are looking forward to seeing. Sure, we've seen ones who have adapted to life in the Republic (senate boxes) and those stupid holiday special members of Chewie's family, but this is gonna rock seriously!

tagmac
08-21-2003, 10:45 PM
When looking at the major homeworlds of the OT characters we have yet to see on film, Alderaan, Corellia, and Kashyyk are the top three we need to see in Ep. III. And after getting robbed of the wookiees in ROTJ in favor of the Ewoks, it's about time GL gave us what we want, a big wookiee battle, perhaps with Chewbacca leading the charge. Make Chewie a leader on his homeworld, something to further justify his status in the OT, and make him more than just Han Solo's partner.

JEDIpartner
08-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Even though my memory of Kashyyyk is a little vague, I remember it looking a lot like the forest moon of Endor and the Ewok village and the homes looked a lot like the bungalows on Gilligan's Island. From that alone, I think Kashyyyk needs a serious facelift... and FAST! Let us not be left with distant images of Chewie's homeworld from the atrocious Holiday Special!!!

darthzirock
09-02-2003, 02:42 AM
I recently read that James Earl Jones' dialog as Vader now runs at roughly 8 minutes. Apparently, Vader's getting more screen time than in previous drafts of the script.

Anakin being a Mr. Fix-It, it figures that he would coble pieces of his Sith Lord armor from other sources. Since we did see minor changes in Vader's armor between A New Hope and Return of the Jedi, I expect it will be significantly less refined twenty years earlier. I think it was at IMDb that I read that we'll see two versions of the Vader costume in the film, too.

JEDIpartner
10-06-2003, 03:32 PM
We can add this to the list: The Rebel Blockade Runner (Tantive IV) will be seen in Episode III and we will, most likely see it land on the surface of a planet or a landing pad and an escape pod is rumoured to be deployed. Sources speculate that the pod may have been used by Kenobi and Luke en route to Tatooine.

Jargo
10-06-2003, 04:02 PM
The Tantive IV landing is like having the Death star working as an interplanetary bus service. When it was originally written as han Solo's ship it could land but it was a considerably lighter ship. It was bad enough with the republic cruiser being landed or the trade fed core ships. just too big to manage movement that nimble or that fast. This means that Captain Antilles is in the movie and as Rohan Nichol is playing a young captain then it's fair to assume that he will be piloting the starship on behalf of bail Antilles. Ferrying all the protaganists out of danger.
The way this story is unfolding Lucas had the script written years ago. It's like nothing is changing from his original outline besides the smallest tweaks because of the OT and how that played out. It's still the exact same plotline from all those years ago.

JEDIpartner
10-07-2003, 08:50 AM
[snip] Ferrying all the protaganists out of danger.
The way this story is unfolding Lucas had the script written years ago. It's like nothing is changing from his original outline besides the smallest tweaks because of the OT and how that played out. It's still the exact same plotline from all those years ago.
I'm really glad that it is playing out that way. I kinda got a little misty for the old days when I read about the use of the Tantive IV. Very cool...

2-1B
10-08-2003, 03:18 AM
JP, I really like the idea of using the Tantive IV in the next movie. If indeed we see it clearly as "Bail's ship", I think it would be a BEAUTIFUL way of tying Jimmy Smits to Carrie Fisher. Instead of showing Bail taking the child and rambling on about how he'll raise Leia, it would be enough to just show us Bail's ship in E3 and then of course when we see it in E4 and the main girl keeps referring to her father, we'll know just who he is. :)

Of course, they'll probably do BOTH of these in the movie. :crazed:

You know, we never heard the name "Bail Organa" in AOTC but I'm sure we'll hear his last name at least in E3 . . . we never heard "Leia Organa", did we? Did they use the name Organa in ANH or is it just from the external material?

All I'm thinking is that the blockade runner would be a nice visual tie in and obviously a nice bridge from one trilogy to the next, what with the family lineages and all. :)

JEDIpartner
10-09-2003, 08:35 AM
There's an INSIDER picture of a crew member working on the "hallway of a cruiser that will bridge the trilogies together". I will try to post that sometime in th next couple of days. It was pretty cool.