PDA

View Full Version : The Sith and the Illuminati

JON9000
11-25-2002, 03:16 PM
In TPM we learned more about the nature of the Sith- powerful individuals working invisibly in the background to bring back their old, evil ways. In AOTC, learn that the Sith control much of the senate and manipulate Corporate and Commerce guilds, and create wars to destabilize the the republic. They are interested in controlling the galaxy!

This reminds me of the old "Illuminati Conspiracy," a cabal of powermongers (or satanists, depending on what you read), who operated in the same way. The most fantastic version of the legend has them working for a new world order with themselves at the top, working over hundreds of years to secure the downfall of religions and the reintroduction of pagan practices. The Illuminati control banking and commerce institutions through blackmail and bribery, instigate wars, and infiltrate innocuous sects of society like the Freemasons in order to control the world!

I wonder if George had the Illuminati in the back of his mind when he was dreaming up the nature of the Sith? Maybe, maybe not. But I thought it was an interesting and fun comparison.

By the way, I do not really believe in the illuminati. What do you guys think?:Pirate:

The Overlord Returns
11-25-2002, 04:46 PM
*puts his Illuminati membership card in his pocket*

ahem......Absolute nonsense!

Vortex
11-25-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by JON9000
infiltrate innocuous sects of society like the Freemasons in order to control the world!

I'm a Freemason, and a Scottish Rite member, and sadly we don't control the world or even run the pedals or levers that make the world go round...*sigh* I always did want absolute power

I can see the connection to the Illuminati and the Free & Accepted Masons...both are known as the Illuminated or Enlightened Ones and always after "Light"...so I can see why they think we're intertwined...but its nothing more than a good story.

But if you really want to gnaw on something, Washington, Ben Franklin and a large majority of the signers of the Declaration of Independence were freemasons...as were various kings and rulers throughout time - If that doesn't make you wonder.

If you like all the cloke and dagger stories, alternate histories, and all the new age occult crap that's flowing on the net about Freemasons...read "The Secret Architecture of Our Nation's Capital : The Masons and the Building of Washington, D.C." by David Ovason.

Or if you really want wild stuff read any of the countless, new-age, garbage books that claim we(masons) are defending/hiding the lineage of Christ, and that he never died on the cross but married Mary Mag. and had kids, or that the Templars brought the Holy Grail, or any of the countless religious artifacts to the Americas and here they rest...might as well tell you that bigfoot is a 33rd degree master mason, and the HQ is in Roswell NM.:D

If you really want a wild alternate history, there are plent of authors, both Masonic and non, that think a early group of Templar Knights from Scotland, fled europe during the Templar inqusition with the help of a Scottish Nobleman and an italian salior and discovered and tried to colonize America 100-200 years prior to Mr. Chris Columbus. (insert dark, scary music here):eek:

So with that being said. Is the US an illuminati/masonic attempt at a new world order????? ;)

JON9000
11-26-2002, 12:31 PM
Again, I don't buy the Illuminati business. But I find the stories entertaining and I think the similarities to the Sith to be intriguing. I think Lucas had it in mind when deciding what he would make the Sith out to be like.

Vortex
11-26-2002, 12:56 PM
Again, I don't buy the Illuminati business. But I find the stories entertaining and I think the similarities to the Sith to be intriguing. I think Lucas had it in mind when deciding what he would make the Sith out to be like.

Never believed you did but it. Just wanted to toss more fuel on the fire.

Sith = Illiminati is seeable, but I don't think that was his inspiration or basis.

Jedi Clint
12-11-2002, 04:59 PM
In TPM we learned more about the nature of the Sith- powerful individuals working invisibly in the background to bring back their old, evil ways. In AOTC, learn that the Sith control much of the senate and manipulate Corporate and Commerce guilds, and create wars to destabilize the the republic. They are interested in controlling the galaxy!

This reminds me of the old "Illuminati Conspiracy," a cabal of powermongers (or satanists, depending on what you read), who operated in the same way. The most fantastic version of the legend has them working for a new world order with themselves at the top, working over hundreds of years to secure the downfall of religions and the reintroduction of pagan practices. The Illuminati control banking and commerce institutions through blackmail and bribery, instigate wars, and infiltrate innocuous sects of society like the Freemasons in order to control the world!

I wonder if George had the Illuminati in the back of his mind when he was dreaming up the nature of the Sith? Maybe, maybe not. But I thought it was an interesting and fun comparison.

By the way, I do not really believe in the illuminati. What do you guys think?:Pirate:

Interesting JON9000. I can see the parallels between the story you present here and the struggle between Jedi and Sith in the SW saga. Where did you get your information on the Illuminati? I read a couple of books some time ago - "The Illuminati Trilogy", and "Masks of the Illuminati". Both were entertaining, but I don't remember reading what you've posted in either one. Did you get your info from a book? If so, I wouldn't mind reading another good work of fiction on the subject matter. Thank you for sharing this theory.

gibbyhayes
12-15-2002, 04:42 PM
Wow, tiptoe carefully here folks. I know (knew) some folks who went off the deep end after 9/11 about this stuff. I was married a month later in a masonic temple (because it was such a cool space) and they avoided the ceremony! We know these beliefs are garbage, but man, some people latch onto the wierdest stuff to make themselves feel safe.

JON9000
12-17-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
Interesting JON9000. I can see the parallels between the story you present here and the struggle between Jedi and Sith in the SW saga. Where did you get your information on the Illuminati? I read a couple of books some time ago - "The Illuminati Trilogy", and "Masks of the Illuminati". Both were entertaining, but I don't remember reading what you've posted in either one. Did you get your info from a book? If so, I wouldn't mind reading another good work of fiction on the subject matter. Thank you for sharing this theory.

Oh, I was just goofing around online and came across a conspiracy theory website that was really entertaining. One of the links was to www.freemasonwatch.com or something like that. I'm not sure what link I used to get to all that stuff about the Illuminati trying to bring back the pagan gods or not. But it is pretty fantastical. While poking around, I thought immediately of the Sith. Those old Vampires from Blade came to mind as well. :eek:

The Overlord Returns
12-18-2002, 03:54 PM
Check out www.davidicke.com

this is the guy who thinks the Illuminati are reptilian shapeshifters that have an ultimate goal of planetary domination. the order can be traced back to bavaria in 1782....but some believe it's been going on since the destrruction of pagan belief systems by early christians......the whole Idea is that the illuminati want revenge for the loss of their religion........

It's interesting stuff........

Vortex
12-18-2002, 05:44 PM
Ahh the internet...everyones personal soap box, where facts go unchecked, theories flow like cheap booze, and critical thinking goes out the window. Wild ideas, conspiracy theories, and blame flows like a wild fire on the net. Gotta love it.

I'm waiting for the day some one starts a conspiracy theory that condems conspiracy theories as a tool by mysterious powers that want to make societies look and focus their attentions in other directions, question everything, and make the world stand still and not believe anything, so they have a clear path to total world domination...

If you want even more wild theories and links to the Illumanitis for a good laugh do some searches on the Templar Knights, another branch of the Masons...the so called foot soldiers of the Illuminated ones.