PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Legends Series 3!!!

Jayspawn
11-25-2002, 11:48 PM
I am now pleased beyond anything to have read about Marvel Legends Series 3 in the new ToyFare. It'll include Magneto, Thor, Wolverine, Venom and a new Spiderman. They look sweet!

Adam
11-26-2002, 12:25 AM
I may have to get that Wolverine.. if it wasn't for Star Wars and Transformers I'd be getting all of these.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-26-2002, 10:30 AM
I'll hafta pick up Magneto and Wolvie for sure. Some of the Marvel Legends are awesome. I've only picked up Hulk and Spidey cause they're some of my fave characters, but they're all very very well done. :D

Jayspawn
11-26-2002, 10:55 AM
Series 3 is very well done also. Thing and Torch are my favorite.

jjreason
11-27-2002, 09:46 AM
Yep, they look beatiful on my computer - I hope they continue on that way into the stores. There's no reason to believe otherwise based on what we've seen so far. Sweet line of figures.

Beast
11-27-2002, 10:17 AM
I'll probably grab the Venom, thats the only one that intrests me. While I think the Marvel Legends line is cool, I dislike the rare variant crap. Plus I used to only collect Venom figures for a while, and wouldn't mind a definative version of the charecter for my desk. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
11-27-2002, 10:23 AM
I don't really collect Superhero toys. The only one I have is a Spiderman that I bought on clearance at a K-Mart a couple years ago. He came with a streetlight and some wooden crates.

Anyway, have they made Captain America yet? That's probably the only other figure I would buy.

Jayspawn
11-27-2002, 11:30 AM
Yes they've made Captain America already. He was in stores with Marvel Legends Series 1. And he's a great figure too. You may have to go to Ebay to get him, but he's worth it.

Rogue II
11-27-2002, 12:55 PM
Thanks. I'll have to see if I can track one down.

I wonder if it is the same scale as my Spiderman....then again, I can just use Capt. American an excuse to get a new Spiderman.:)

Darth Cruel
11-29-2002, 09:03 PM
I saw the pics on TB's website for the new series. They look awesome and I cannot wait to get Thor.

Eternal Padawan
11-29-2002, 10:07 PM
Whoo hoo! I just found all four new Series II figs (finally.) The Thing is by far the coolest of the four. Even though he is lacking a bit less in the articulation dept. (try getting him to fold his arms across his chest and look stern...) the sculpt is amazing and he just looks freakin' cool! IT's Clobberin' time!

Next coolest is, suprisingly, the Sub-Mariner. I wasn't impressed with the online pics I saw (or even him in the packaging) but the face sculpt is awesome, and his tough sinewy muscles are very detailed and different from the other figs. I kinda wanted to see Namor in his green scaly underoos, but I like this figure nonetheless. It just LOOKS as arrogant as Namor ought to be.

Dr. Doom. He just loks like he's in a uncomfortable stance no matter how I pose him. The removeable gun is a nice touch, though. Honestly, whos gonna have his face plate off? The cape and cowl drape nice and the "dirty steel" armor is nicely painted on. It's just that darn leg posing thing. I suppose it's uncomfortable in that armor, and thats enough to make anyone want to rule the world.

The Human Torch. Not a bad figure, just the least of these four. His stand thingie didn't hold him at all so I put it back in the packageing. It's the generic Spidey/DD body repainted with some flame effects. It'll look cooler once he's standing next to Reed and Sue and Ben...so when are Reed and Sue coming out?

Anyway...onto Series III. I suppose now that Magneto is coming out, I'll have to go find Toad. That wretched little inarticulate blob of plastic. Dang, I am such a completist.

Does anyone know what's in the rumor mill for Series IV thru Infinity? Let me see a TOP TEN Marvel Legends want list! I no particular order...

1. Hawkeye
2. Vision
3. Kingpin
4. Punisher
5. Green Goblin (The original Comic version)
6. Silver Surfer
7. Thanos
8. Apocalypse
9. Reed Richards (with interchangeable limbs)
10. Any females...whats up Toybiz? Only guys are legends in the marvel Universe?

DarthBrandon
11-29-2002, 10:21 PM
I just love these Marvel Legends figures; they are by far one of the best action figure lines out on the market right now.(Best dollar for plastic) I collect them for my son and he really like the playability of them all. Spidey is his favorite and the Hulk in his second favorite; he calls him the green guy. I guess that's the only thing he knows him by.
I love the new Dr Doom and the Sub-Mariner, just Awesome figures IMO. As far as Series III goes, I'm looking for Wolverine, Thor and possibly Magneto. For Series Four I hope they do the Punisher and Blade, they are just way to cool not to be done soon. :D Here's to hoping.

Jayspawn
11-30-2002, 12:18 AM
I would really like to see..

Mr. Fantastic
Cyclops
Juggernaut (big like Thing and Hulk)
Hobgoblin
Rogue
Invisible Woman
Morph
Beast (he'd be huge like Thing and Hulk)

kadamontaga
11-30-2002, 08:32 AM
Could someone please clear something up for me?
I'm not a superhero fan, so many of the marvel names mean nothing to me, but I really like the look of the Marvel Legends figures that I've seen.
Is this the correct order etc of everything in the Marvel Legends line that's been released?

Series 1
Capt. America
Hulk
Iron Man
Toad
Gold Iron Man Variant

Series 2
Flamey guy
Thing
Dr. Doom
Dr. Doom variant (what's a doombot?)
Namor

Series 3
Wolverine
Logan variant
Thor
Flamey bike man
Magneto

Is that everything? I really like the look of Iron Man, Magneto, Wolverine and the Hulk.

Eternal Padawan
11-30-2002, 10:02 AM
Flamey guy = Human Torch (Johnny Storm of the Fantastic Four)

Flamey Bike man = Ghost Rider (From the late 80's/early 90's. Who is different from the 70's version)

Doombots are robots dressed in Dr. Doom armor to confuse the Fantastic Four.

In addition to the Marvel Legends series there have been Three Spider-Man:Classics lines which use the same size and articulation for the bodies. Spider-Man, Daredevil, and others were in this line and people usually consider them part of the Legends line (at least I do...)

Sentinel18725
12-09-2002, 11:27 PM
PUNISHER...PUNISHER....PUNISHER....PUNISHER....PUN ISHER....PUNISHER!!!!

jjreason
12-09-2002, 11:52 PM
I think they need to create an X-Legends or something, to fill out the diversity. The new Spider Man line continues the spider-man legends with great Doc Ock and Lizard sculpts to go along with the wicked Rhino. X-Legends should start with the Professor and work it's way through waves chronologically - original unis at first then on to the "all new all different" X-Men from Giant Size #1. That would get us more Legends style figs more quickly, and would let us pick and choose which series we wanted to continue on with.

X-Legends Needed:

Professor, Jean, Beast, Cyke, IceMan, Angel

Nightcrawler, Colossus, Storm, Phoenix (w Dark Variant), Wolverine

Marvel Legends Needed:

Loki
Ultron
Kang
Elektra
Bullseye
Klaw
Punisher
Black Panther (ASAP!!!)
Hawkeye

too long a list but hey, keep it going....

Spider Man characters needed:
Hobgoblin - though one is supposed to be coming in a new wave of the red-carded Spider-Man figures, hope it's good
Classic Green Goblin
Sandman

I love Marvel Villains. There would be some merit to doing a line of Ultimate Marvel Legends figures with the popularity of these relaunches.... they have many fans (although Im not really one of them). Some of the new character designs are pretty great, especially Kraven the Hunter and Green Goblin.

One thing that is good and nice about the Legends line is that they are few and far between. Easy to keep up with as long as you can find them.

Adam
12-10-2002, 12:06 AM
These figures really make me want to start collecting Marvel stuff again.. but I just don't have the money to support it along with SW and TF's! I'll buy a few though.. like Wolverine and maybe Magneto..

aharry
12-11-2002, 03:23 AM
I'm almost on the verge of collecting these things. Everytime I go looking for Star Wars or He-Man stuff at TRU, I see these guys and I think damn they are cool. If I ever see a Doom anywhere, I will probably pick up the whole lot as I've seen plenty of the other figures around. Collectitis is striking again. Here would be some neat figures for the series:

Galactus
Beyonder
Dr. Strange
She-Hulk
Absorbing Man
MODOK
Ka-Zar
Captain Marvel
Super Skrull or any skrull
Deathlok
The Watcher
Red Skull
Moon Knight
Iron Fist
High Evolutionary
Adam Worlock
Mephisto

Guess I could keep going but I think it would be interesting to see some of those guys get a figure.

jpak001
12-11-2002, 01:06 PM
Hey jjreason:
The Hobgoblin is out, and really is the best villan in the spider man series. I like it way more than the Lizard and Doc Ock figures.

Only problem I can find with it is his big tongue gets in the way of his removeable hood. The glider is really cool!

Yep, I too fell under the Marvel Legends spell.. Can't help it, they're just so damn cool!

Prince Xizor
12-11-2002, 05:11 PM
I picked up Torch and Thing today from TRU. I wasn't too sure about Torch, but after playing with him, he is the second best toy I have from the line behind Iron Man. Awesome Articulation and the flames look awesome. Great Toy.

jjreason
12-12-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by jpak001
Hey jjreason:
The Hobgoblin is out, and really is the best villan in the spider man series. I like it way more than the Lizard and Doc Ock figures.

Only problem I can find with it is his big tongue gets in the way of his removeable hood. The glider is really cool!

Yep, I too fell under the Marvel Legends spell.. Can't help it, they're just so damn cool!

Hey, that's super cool. Thanks for the update, hopefully he'll make it up north of the border so I can grab one for a fair price. Im not going to be a completist with these like I am with Star Wars, some characters I just don't care to get (like most of the Spider-Man variations they come out with). Im happy with the Rhino and DD, though....so wicked. Im still waiting to complete a deal with another forumite to have a few of the collection 1 legends shipped up to me, Ive seen them live and can't wait to get them.

Adam
12-12-2002, 05:10 PM
Btw - the Series three chase figure will be Wolverine without a mask.

http://americandreamcomics.com/index.php?itemid=801

Prince Xizor
12-13-2002, 11:38 AM
I don't know if anybody else has found him, but I just picked up the new Venom from the Spidey line. This is the series 4 one with the ooze base. This figure rules! Articulation is awesome in his arms, and almost as good in his legs. The sculpt is good as well, the only gripe I have is the paint job. There is a light blue spray around his head and thighs. I'm not sure why, maybe a comic fan could clear this up. Otherwise, Its a A+ toy.

As of right now, Toy Biz is kicking Hasbros A**.

Eternal Padawan
12-14-2002, 06:41 AM
I think they should have spaced out the big guns to one per wave. Now that all the main heroes are out (Cap, Spidey, Hulk, IronMan, Thor etc) the line may die a quicker death when they are forced to make figures for Speedball and Quasar. Those will languish on the shelf and the line will end.

I mean, I would like to see as many obscure figures as possible, but honestly how long can the line go if they are making Squadron Supreme and Alpha Flight figures that noone had heard of? if they had started out with one (or two) well known figures and the other two more obscure heroes (or villains) it would have evened out and made for a longer run.

On the other hand, the Simpsons seem to be doing okay with complete waves of obscure characters, so maybe we'll see Starjammers and Vault Guardsmen and Guardians of the Galaxy and Darkhawk and Sleepwalker.

Plus, Later on, I think it'd be cool to see variant X-Men costumes and variant Iron Man armors. Some of those X-Men have changed costumes a dozen times and the Iron Armor have morphed up into the twenties. Underwater Armor? The Red and Silver armor? Maybe even the Romita Jr version with the clunky boots. Or the Simonson Thor with the beard? Or USAgent's red and black Cap Uniform?

How about a Red Skull figure in a green smoking jacket and another one in his black Nazi duds?

Dazzler in her 70's sequins and roller skates and another in her sleek, blue 80's X-Men leotard?

Psylocke in her original outfit? her Psychic armor? her ninja gear?

Angel? Archangel? <----This is gonna be a sweet figure with the expanding metal wings! ;) (please oh please oh please oh please...)

ooh! I'm giddy with exitement at all the possibilities!!!

jpak001
12-14-2002, 04:05 PM
I kinda hope this line does die before they start making obscure characters. It would be nice to be able to have a complete collection to display in a modestly sized case for once!

Also, since the line is called Marvel Legends, I really don't think the obscure figures should be included. I was surprised that they included Toad in the 1st wave, but then I heard that this fig was already made for a different 2pack (like the Wolvie one) which wasn't produced. So they just threw him in with the Legends (the only cheesy move in the Legends line so far...).

This makes sense since the Toad is no where near as well done as any other ML fig IMO.

aharry
12-19-2002, 11:52 AM
Picked up series 3 today at Wal-Mart, except for Magneto, who was already gone. These figures look fantastic and please keep them coming Toy Biz.:)

kadamontaga
12-19-2002, 12:39 PM
How much do they cost in $$? Series 2 hasn't even been released in the UK yet. :( :(

aharry
12-19-2002, 01:43 PM
Wal Mart sold them at $6.88.

jpak001
12-19-2002, 04:38 PM
Lucky you aharry!!

How are the Wolverines claws? Did they make them stiff this time? I always seem to get warped ones for some reason!

Wolfwood319
12-19-2002, 10:45 PM
Marvel Legends line is awesome, no doubt.

I'm only disappointed in the upcoming Wolverine figure though, mostly cause I already have it. It came in the 2 pack that was exclusive to KB I think. I got it for $6 last summer, just for the comic Wolvie, and he remains one of my favorite figures...

I'm really looking forward to the Ghost Rider figure though. The fact that they included his bike is cool beyond cool...

jpak001
12-20-2002, 10:09 AM
Hey Wolfwood319,
The new Wolvie is pretty much the same sculpt as that two pack (except a different head, hands, and no "battle damage"). The only major difference is the TONS of articulation they've loaded into the new ML one. This makes it 10 times better IMO :D

aharry
12-20-2002, 03:52 PM
The claws are still a bit flimsy and not as solid as I would prefer The multiple points of articulation make up for this IMO.:)

jpak001
12-20-2002, 09:41 PM
Hmmm... flimsy claws. I imagine they need to do this for child safety reasons, bummer.

McFarlane would make stiff claws!:evil: (but then I guess Todd doesn't aim for children as buyers)

Oh well, I'll probably end up trying to straighten out the claws just like all the other Wolvies.. Still can't wait to get one though (along with the rest of the line) ! :crazed:

Thanks for the info!

Eternal Padawan
12-21-2002, 01:52 PM
aharry, you didn't miss Magneto...he wasn't in there. The case broke down like this.

3 Wolverines
3 Things (in disguise)
and one each Dr Doom, Captain America, Namor, Ghost Rider, Thor, and Stealth Iron Man.

The flimsy claws is a teeny tiny letdown on a wicked looking figure. The only thing you have to watch out for is the "5:00 Shadow" look on Wolvie's face. Of the three I saw, two were laid on so thick, Logan was a brother, if you know what I mean. Thankfully I snagged the third.

Thor was nice, but the best figure of the three is definitely Ghost Rider! Even with out the bike, this guy is spot on. It is definitely a toss up between him and Cap for best Legends figure so far. I have yet to find Magneto, so he has the potential to be up there also.

ALL HAIL TOYBIZ! Marvel Legends rule. I hope there are a bajillion more waves. :D

Adam
12-22-2002, 01:14 AM
I held off as long as I could. But while at Gamestop today I saw Iron Man and Cap... so I had to get them. And I must say I do not regret it! They are what I always wanted superhero figs to be. Awesome toys. They go well with my two spiderman classics I have. I can't wait for wave 3.:)

Old Fossil
12-22-2002, 03:01 AM
I got Captain America back in the early summer. He rocks! I saw Thor and the others at WM yesterday... decided I wanted the Odinson, went back today, BAM! all gone!:eek:

Adam
12-22-2002, 11:47 AM
I've never even seen Thor.. Gamestop had the Hulk, but I don't know if I want the jade giant..

aharry
12-22-2002, 01:57 PM
Thanx for the info E.P. You just saved me from wasting a few hours hunting for Magneto. Now if I could only have the same luck with Mekaneck. I know what you mean with Wolverine. My figure looks more like he went to a tanning salon to get the George Hamilton look. The claws thing was no problem, I was able to coax them to straighten up because they weren't too twisted like some of the other Wolvies I saw. This figure, along with the rest of the series, is awesome and I hope it keeps coming for a while.:)

jpak001
12-22-2002, 02:11 PM
Hey, check it out. Here is the series 3 Daredevil (movie version).
Forgive me if this pic has already been posted, this is just the first time I've seen it.

I know you cant really see the details too well, but it looks like it could be kinda cool too me. It's probably about the same as the SpiderMan classics version though:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3101877756

Man, still no luck finding the new asst @ Wal-Mart for me.... :(

Adam
12-23-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by jpak001

Man, still no luck finding the new asst @ Wal-Mart for me.... :(

I hear that one.. my Wal-Mart seems to not be stocking any action figures.. heck Star Wars is almost gone, and taking its place are some GI Joe knock offs. :dead:

Eternal Padawan
12-25-2002, 04:04 AM
Well, I happened to be in the store when the guy was stocking the shelves(that's how I knew the case breakdown) and he said they weren't supposed to put them out until they do their after Christmas reset, but the shelves were getting so bare at my Wal-mart they were throwing anything and everything they had in way of toys out on the shelves. So your store will probably have their Legends out by mid January. :)

jpak001
12-26-2002, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the info!! That gives me hope in scoring the blue iron man!