PDA

View Full Version : Muslems Riot, Kill, Burn, to Protest Immorality in Miss World Contest!!!

Tycho
11-26-2002, 12:07 AM
OK, we cannot have immorality in Nigeria that goes against Islam's teachings.

A Nigerian newspaper that was not *appropriately censored* printed that the prophet Mohammed would so much approve of the highlighting of the Miss World contestants qualities, that he would probably marry one of them.

Such immorality must not go unpunished, so the newspaper building was set fire to and torn apart, the staff ambushed and attacked.

Some 200 people or more have been killed by these immorality protestors.:rolleyes:

Christians are fighting back, as much was taken out on them because Muslems do not allow the showing of the flesh in such pageants which have swimsuit and evening gown competitions, so the immoral had to be purged, and the good, decent Christians had to retalliate by burning Muslem towns.

That is why the Miss Wolrd pageant had to be held in London due to the emergency evacuation of the contestants.

Does anyone here see the hypocrisy of ALL sides in this stupid thing?

I guess 200 + people have to die first....

LTBasker
11-26-2002, 12:19 AM
How about just not having one around there and let the models go back to eating? ;)

Beast
11-26-2002, 12:24 AM
Ugh, just ugh. Any wonder why people think the human race is doomed. See, this exactly the reason that absolutely hate organized religion. Excuse me while I beat my head against the wall, over the utter stupidy of the human race.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
11-26-2002, 12:40 AM
I think this just goes to show......

That all organized beauty pagents should be banned.

However lingerie shows are still ok.

Thank you! :crazed:

2-1B
11-26-2002, 01:42 AM
I would so much approve of the highlighting of the Miss World contestants qualities, that I would probably marry one of them.

Old Fossil
11-26-2002, 08:39 AM
Whoever decided it would be fun to have the Miss World pageant in Nigeria is a fool. Nigeria ranks as one of the poorest, least developed nations in the world. They continually have problems with civil unrest, rampant government corruption, and unbearable poverty. The population seems to be, quite simply, an angry mob split along religious lines. Westerners who work in the country have to do so under armed guard, essentially, due to the ever-present threat of kidnapping by Nigerians desperate for money.

The Miss World folks were just asking for trouble.

mabudonicus
11-26-2002, 08:56 AM
I thought the same, I mean, you'd think that a country with a devout fundamentalist population wouildn't have made the short list, if ya follow...
Every time the death toll rises, I recall "Life of Brian"....
As I understand it, the powderkeg was finally ignited there when some comment made it into the media about how the winner would have been "desired by even Mohammed, were he still alive"

That got said, and then the folks started freakin, last I saw the death toll was up over 250 (and I thought it was ludicrous when the # 2 was first stated days ago!?!)...
"All I said was that the meal was fit for Jehovah!"

Patient Zero
11-26-2002, 09:45 AM
What gets me is everyone laying the blame on everyone else. It's the newspapers fault. It's the governments fault. Its the religions fault. It's the pageants fault. When are people going to start taking responsibilities for their own actions. How about considering it being the fault of the individuals that went out and murdered people. Ideas don't kill people, people do. It is just too bad that people, more often than not, unquestioningly buy into these ridiculous ideas on absolute value and morality to the point where others that do not conform are the enemy and need to be eliminated or dishonored in order to destroy any opposing ideas.

Alright, I hear myself about to trail of the specific topic again so I will stop, but I just want to say, as an addendum to Jar's comment about religion, that I believe that over the whole of history more people have been killed in the name of God than any other reason. What kind of God would want this? It is my opinion that the word God, in reference to religion, should be replaced with Power. Now don't get me wrong! I have absolutely no problem with people that strive to discover something of a greater importance than their own egos, but I do not think that religion is the 'yellow brick road'. Religion is just another power structure in which the masses give their freedom over to those in power and become nothing more than willing slaves for the reasurance that when they die (and those in power/religion have no more need for the individual to worship God/them) they are promised a better life. I use to use this trick when I was just a wee lad and hung out with my cousin. I would promise to play Barbie right after we played Star Wars for an hour. The thing is that her families visits never went over an hour. So I got mine and had to give up nothing in return. She did what I asked for the reasurance that we would eventually play Barbie when I damn well knew that it would never happen in any way that affected me. Now that is some REAL ULTIMATE POWER!

JON9000
11-26-2002, 11:27 AM
In my town they would not show the Victoria's Secret thing, but I saw bits of it. I do not want to start a riot among Nigerian Mormons, but Brigham Young would have married all of them!

Patient Zero
11-26-2002, 01:00 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/fc?tmpl=fc&cid=34&in=world&cat=nigeria

See my prior post. This is ridiculous! Always gotta blame someone else!

Tycho
11-26-2002, 01:03 PM
If everyone joined a religion that involves human sacrafice, you will no longer be hypocritical.

I mean really: for those of you Satanists out there, do you think The Master really wants a Goat?

Patient Zero
11-26-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
If everyone joined a religion that involves human sacrafice, you will no longer be hypocritical.

Hu!?! I think I'm missing the point on this one, please explain. What group are we refering to being hypocritical?

Tycho
11-26-2002, 01:36 PM
Most religions have had their callings for death to their enemies in the name of God, while they teach that God views life as a gift and something precious, and "Thou shalt not kill."

Christians have killed in the Crusades, (versus Muslems), and some who were Nazi's called themselves Christian as well (and killed Jews).

Jews have killed in response to millitant Middleast threats to the state of Israel (at least most Israelis are Jewish).

Muslems, well where do we start? Bosnia, New York, Washington, D.C., Israel?

Hindus have killed Muslems in India, Pakistan.

I don't know if Buddhists or Confuscists have killed in the name of their religion, just that they have killed (Chinese, Samurai, Shaolin all were either Buddhist, or Confuscists, whos basic philosphy is one of peace).

Now I think Satanists are supposed to kill virgin maidens by lighting them on fire, but The Master is still pleased when the Goat gets loose occasionally and other people are shot or speared while chasing it. The Chaos that sends him more Souls unprepared for their journey into the afterlife works to build his legions. I think another religion recently sent him whole airplanes full of people....

In any case, I'm joking. Killing people because they insult your beliefs, or destroying their private property, is always wrong.
People claiming to root out evil do not see their own!

Patient Zero
11-26-2002, 01:40 PM
K! I was just on a different topic in my head as I tend to run off on tangents far to easily.

Jargo
11-27-2002, 03:45 PM
Buddhism isn't a religion. The organisers of the Miss world contest have always been involved in some controversy or other so it wasn't really a surprise that this contest would garner bad publicity just unfortunate that they were too blind to see what kind of actions would come from hosting the contest so bizarrely in the third world. Just goes to show how totally empty headed the beauty industry and all it encompasses is. I'm sure the intentions of the organisers were humble and noble and they wanted an earthy background feel to the show, but they could have got that in any of the poorer parts of any large city or any small country. Perhaps Eastern Europe would have been safer.
The biggest mistake they made was in flaunting semi naked women in a public fashion. In a country crammed full of fundamentalists with not enough education to stop themselves from running amok and behaving like they did.
The larger issue is that the Miss world contest is an outmoded mysoginistic dinosaur event. I'm going to go with the line that it belittles women and is demeaning, but then the level of intelligence of the entrants is a little low. The notion that you can set a level on beauty is ludicrous, that one person is more beautiful than another is highly subjective and those scant few women are hardly representative of their country anyway. Just dumb enough to be duped into going live on TV semi naked. I'd have a small aount of admiration for Miss world contestants if the contest was based on their achievements as a human being rather than on how big their booty is and how much their boobs bounce as they parade round like a giraffe in stupid six inch heels.

Tycho
11-27-2002, 07:31 PM
Well I for one have got my education, and I'm going out to contribute great things to this world, but when I relax, I'll join a few of us who like to see "how big their booty is and how much their boobs bounce as they parade round like a giraffe in stupid six inch heels."

With as much education and practice at civilization as we Westerners like to think we get, I am biologically programmed to like this kind of sexist show, and I don't want to change because I enjoy being this way (although no, I actually don't watch the "Miss whatever" contests and go straight to more uh...Las Vegas style adult entertainment when I want to see "how big their booty is and how much their boobs bounce as they parade round like a giraffe in stupid six inch heels."

I'm even inclined to dress like Tarzan and swing in from a vine to join them!

In the meantime, as well as sexual programming, we humans seem to have a very good gift for violence programming. One frustration vents itself in the form of another.

In spite of all this, we have advanced civilization among a small percentage of Western Nation inhabitants (the rest of the inhabitants are afraid of the law enforcement agenst of these nations, or it'd look more like Nigeria everywhere the Jerry Springer show goes).

However, we have to ask ourselves "Why is there a third world and why is this kind of thing predictable there?"

Should we LAUGH AT THEM because this kind of thing happens "where white people aren't the majority and in control of the population?" Um... for our resident racists, look no further to Russia and Chechenya to see white people acting like this. Then look over at Ireland. Now take a close look at Texas and Washington, D.C.

Meanwhile, the next question is, should we do something about this?

Where?

Should we first clean up our own backyard (of Enron-Fundamentalists)?

Should we safeguard Americans abroad from this kind of thing by

1) working for change in these countries
or
2) dimissing them as backward places with problems with (at least) security, and not offer any incentive to change? - only prejudice.

I don't know the answer. I'm thinking about that one myself right now. The question has nothing to do with Miss World contests really. It's about why and what should be done about the Third World.

Beast
11-27-2002, 07:39 PM
I don't think it's just a third world problem Tycho. Look at the recent stupidy in Ohio, with the riots over a damn football game. Noone died in that incedent, atleast not that I know of. But it was definatly equal in the stupidity factor.

As evolved as the human race is supposed to be, they seem to actually be lower on the evolutionary ladder then pretty much all the animals. Most animals don't kill their own kind, after all. Goes to show that civilization does not equal intelligentce.

I guess Qui-Gon Jinn truelly said it best, "The ability to speak does not make one intelligent". The human race proves that little saying to be true almost daily. Makes one depressed to be part of it, most of the time. :stupid: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Master Silas
11-27-2002, 07:44 PM
I agree with JJB. People dont know how to act anymore. Theres a general lack of respect and stupidity in todays world. Its not a white thing or a black thing...its an ignorance thing.

Tycho
11-27-2002, 11:47 PM
Was Wyatt Earp and the Clanton Gang so much more evolved than NFL fans?

Old Fossil
11-28-2002, 12:30 AM
It's about why and what should be done about the Third World.

Okay, one thing that we all need to understand is that there is no 'Third World' anymore. That's an old term from the Cold War. Economic, cultural, and political conditions as they are found in Nigeria are actually the rule as far as nations go these days. Most of the world's population lives in undeveloped Africa and Asia. They are, if anything, the First World. Europe and the U.S. must recognize themselves as but the fraction of the world's population that they are.

Now the greatest thing that the developed nations of the world can do is to recognize the immensity of the problem of the Nigerias of the world. Americans especially must understand that most of the people of the world have never even seen a computer, talked on a telephone, flown on an airplane, owned their own house, had indoor plumbing, owned their own car, or can even read past an elementary level. That recognition of their own level of development, relative to that of the rest of the world, can only lead to greater understanding of the plight of the majority of the world's population.

Now I am not advocating the idea that countries like Nigeria are themselves free from blame for their plight. After all, billions are poured into developing countries every year, and have been since most of them gained independence 40-50 years ago. Some nations do well, like Malaysia, or Iran, or Jordan. But most succumb to internal corruption, and the monies are squandered on presidential palaces, grift, etc.

America and the developed nations just need to understand how good they have things, and that they, a very small percentage of the world's population, hold most of the world's wealth. Whatever is done about the erroneously dubbed 'Third World' nations of today will require a mammoth effort on the part of the developed countries, and a totally new way of doing things. Eventually they will understand, hopefully, that it is not really "us" and "them." We're all in this mess together, whether we want to believe it or not.

Tycho
11-28-2002, 12:44 AM
Well, all this makes us a prime target, doesn't it?

The poor eventually get angry when they learn what they do not have. And if they've learned violence....

Lucky for us we're surrounded by oceans. But what about Mexico?
What about powerful arms falling into the hands of these poor nations?

If a rich dictator who has mineralogical wealth in his country allows diamonds to be extracted in exchange for weapons, that's great for him while he retains control. But what if he loses control - and the poor masses he's suppressed surplant the government and gain access to weapons they've never thought deeply about the ethics of using?

That's one reason why we spend so much money abroad to promote world security.

Then what about American jobs? Our population is growing too.

It's easy to say that in other countries human beings are actually just animals for factory operations that produce Star Wars figures, or whatever. They don't even know what it is that they are making. If your Bossk's eyes are crossed, maybe somebody got whipped over that - or at least lost their job and their only livelihood.

So if production leaves the US for cheaper labor (comparative advantage in regional economics), what do Americans do? Sell it in WalMart? Is that what most of us are learning to do? Sell stuff to each other?

By the way, please let me know if you'd like to receive 30% off the cover price of your local newspaper. Do you have DSL yet? Can I get you a new Cell Phone? Do you have Star Wars checks yet? Who's your current Long Distance Provider? Can I get you to try our new Weight Loss Formula? Oh- I'm sorry, you're busy on the other line trying to phone me about a new oil changing plan you're trying to sell me for my car.

Old Fossil
11-28-2002, 12:55 AM
Tycho, I'd reply, but there's a lady on the phone trying to give me a home security system for free, if I will only stick an advertisement for their company in my front yard... no, that was yesterday, this guy is selling burial plots, I believe...

Nexu
11-28-2002, 04:58 PM
I mean really: for those of you Satanists out there, do you think The Master really wants a Goat?

Lovely stereo-type.

2-1B
11-28-2002, 07:10 PM
There are many satanists who don't believe in the devil as a "master" or anything like that, it's more like a worship of oneself. Kinda like King Diamond. :)

Of course, I'm sure there ARE some of the really creepy demonic types out there . . .

Beast
11-28-2002, 07:27 PM
Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for his Throne!! :evil: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nexu
11-28-2002, 10:00 PM
Yeah, just like there are some Satanists that don't believe in Satan or in God.

2-1B
11-28-2002, 10:04 PM
And then there's the dyslexic agnostic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there's a Dog.

:p

Nexu
11-28-2002, 10:09 PM

Emperor Howdy
11-28-2002, 10:20 PM
I like big booties and bouncing boobies.

I'm indifferent to giraffes.

Happy Thanksgiving.

2-1B
11-28-2002, 10:33 PM
Giraffes have nothing to be thankful for. :mad:

Beast
11-28-2002, 10:42 PM
What about Toys R Us? If I was a Giraffe, I would be mighty thankful that my species was the mascot of the store. It's better then Wal-Mart's freaky smiley face. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
11-29-2002, 01:08 AM
That lousy Geoffrey the Giraffe better watch his back . . . :evil:

Tycho
11-29-2002, 01:39 AM
Wow. This thread has totally degraded while I've been gone for Thanksgiving... It has done one thing though: prompted me to start up a new thread.

It will help clear up any inadvertent offenses I might have committed by insinuating that all practicing Satanists sacrafice goats...

Beast
11-29-2002, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I don't sacrifice goats. I take great offense to that. Goats and other animals are innocent animals that never harmed anyone. Humans on the other hand, are much more deserving to be sacrificed to my dark master. :evil: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
11-29-2002, 02:03 AM
It will help clear up any inadvertent offenses I might have committed by insinuating that all practicing Satanists sacrafice goats...

Thank you. :)
I could never imagine sacrificing a poor little goat . . . now a giraffe on the other hand . . . :crazed:

Nexu
11-29-2002, 07:42 AM
Wow. This thread has totally degraded while I've been gone for Thanksgiving... It has done one thing though: prompted me to start up a new thread.

One of the many reasons not to have a nutjob moderator.