PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Widevision Autographs - confirmed list

2-1B
11-26-2002, 03:04 AM
Topps seems to have refined their list, BUT there is still an asterisk saying all names on the list might not submit the cards in time.
Well, every one of the 23 on their list has been confirmed because they've all been found on eBay - also, a 24th has been found: Bodie Taylor (Clone Trooper) is on eBay right now but not on the Topps list. :)

Amy Allen (Aayla Secura)
Kenny Baker (R2-D2)
Ahmed Best (Jar Jar Binks)
David Bowers (Mas Amedda)
Silas Carson (Ki-Adi-Mundi)
Silas Carson (Nute Gunray)
Ayesha Dharker (Queen Jamillia)
Matt Doran (Elan Sleazebaggano)
Joel Edgerton (Owen Lars)
Ronald Falk (Dexter Jettster)
Jesse Jensen (Saesee Tiin)
Zachariah Jensen (Kit Fisto)
Nalini Krishan (Barriss Offee)
Jay Laga'aia (Captain Typho)
Daniel Logan (Boba Fett)
Alethea McGrath (Jocasta Nu)
Rena Owen (Taun We)
Mary Oyaya (Luminara Unduli)
Frank Oz (Yoda)
Bonnie Piesse (Beru Whitesun)
Andrew Secombe (Watto)
Matt Sloan (Plo Koon)
Bodie Taylor (Clone Trooper)
Leeanna Walsman (Zam Wesell)

As for the odds of each card, some seem rarer than the others . . . Yoda and Boba are fetching far more than the rest, with Beru going for more, too.

Of course, we shouldn't put too much faith in that yet, because these odds are coming solely from the dealers selling them -- and they just started opening boxes this week. :)

2-1B
11-26-2002, 10:41 AM
I just opened a box and pulled a Beru autograph card. :)

She was probably my 5th highest want, so I'm pretty happy about that!

Beast
11-26-2002, 01:13 PM
Cool Caesar. The only one I want is a Ahmed Best (Jar Jar Binks). I may have to see if anyone on the boards gets a duplicate. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
11-26-2002, 01:19 PM
Not likely. :D

With 24 of these things at an average of 1 per box, dupes should be nearly impossible.

You're better off hitting eBay. :crazed:

bobafett07728
11-26-2002, 02:29 PM
Maybe I'm missing something here, but if all the clones were digitally created. . . then who is Bodie Taylor? Was he a voice?

Otherwise. . . these sound cool. . . and very necessary for my collection.

bobafett07728
11-26-2002, 02:35 PM
OK. . . I've checked the above mentioned auction. . . and I understand now. Bodie Taylor is the actor who played the un-uniformed clone (the one's seen eating.) That is pretty cool.

stillakid
11-26-2002, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the list, Caesar! :)

I put in an order for the complete 80 card set already, but the list makes me want to pick up a few packs just for the heck of it. Some of those eBay prices are a little nuts at the moment.

2-1B
11-28-2002, 02:10 AM
Oh, they're quite nuts! Look at it this way - the cards were released just over a week ago, so it's all so new. Over time I bet people will start listing them for less and less . . . that's why I'm not gonna bother bidding on any for awhile.

Okay, I came back to this thread because I noticed the wrappers have the odds listed on them! Every person is listed from the above list, EXCEPT for the Clone Trooper guy . . . but like I said we've seen him on eBay so he must have been a late addition.

Here are the approximate odds:

Daniel Logan as Boba Fett is a whopping 1:570 :eek:

How old is he? I think around 14 or so, and that leads me to suspect maybe he didn't sign nearly as many? Well he is sure going for a lot on eBay; if I get him I'll be excited just because of how rare he is, but otherwise I would easily trade him for a character I liked. :D

Frank Oz as Yoda
Bonnie Piesse as Beru (yay ! :crazed: )
Silas Carson as Ki-Adi-Mundi
Silas Carson as Nute Gunray
all come 1:194

those are the rare cards, and ALL of the rest on the above list are listed at 1:29 Of course, we don't know the odds on Bodie Taylor since he's not listed . . . I'm going to assume for now that he's 1:29 - but who knows?

My friend pulled TWO autographs from his box, Aayla Secura and R2-D2. Overall, the odds of an autograph are 1:24 . . . with the hobby boxes we get 36 packs - so we should definately get 1 autograph - and then it's 50/50 that we might get another.

Good luck to anybody who buys a pack ! :happy:

stillakid
11-28-2002, 11:07 AM
That's why I've chosen the path that I have, buying a set outright then hopefully getting the chase cards afterwards. In the end, if I can get the chase cards for less than $20 a piece, it still works out to be cheaper than opening endless packs of cards. Not as fun, of course, but you can't have everything. :)

2-1B
11-28-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
you can't have everything. :)

Awwwwwwww, why not ? :cry: :cry: :cry:

No, you're right. :D See with the last set, we COULD have everything; even though there were a lot of different chase cards they were more readily available than these new autograph cards . . . many eBay prices were (surprisingly :rolleyes: ) quite reasonable on those foil and prismatic cards.

So I plan on doing the same as you, waiting for the right price and grabbing a few that I really want. :)

stillakid
12-03-2002, 01:02 PM
I just got my 80 card set and they included one of the wrappers. On the inside flap it says:

No Purchase Necessary: For a chance to obtain any of the Insert Cards listed above, at the same odds, while supplies last, hand print your name...etc etc....and mail post card to....etc etc...

So how does that work exactly? It's not like they're sending you a random pack of cards that might have an autograph in it. Are the post cards drawn from a hat? Are they keeping some of the autographed cards back at the company for this "no purchase necessary" chance to get a card? I don't get it.

2-1B
12-04-2002, 11:58 AM
The way it works, I believe, is that you send them your personal info and they send you one card at random. It will likely be a regular card from the set, but statistically one out of every 24 they send out SHOULD be an autograph.

I'm gonna give it a try, if I win one it would be worth it ! :)

stillakid
12-04-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
The way it works, I believe, is that you send them your personal info and they send you one card at random. It will likely be a regular card from the set, but statistically one out of every 24 they send out SHOULD be an autograph.

I'm gonna give it a try, if I win one it would be worth it ! :)

Theoretically, if you did land one autograph for every 24 postcards you send in, it'd be about $5.50 per autograph. But the odds of the odds being in your favor aren't very good. :)

What's this about 3Di Widevision Cards? And Steel Widevision? and SE Widevision? Damn, I thought I was on top of this stuff.

2-1B
12-04-2002, 11:56 PM
I'm so behind on past widevision sets, I have a bunch from each of the OT movies (and yes, some from the SE sets) but I have no FULL sets -- other than the "Trilogy" set, which is a short set of maybe 90 cards covering all of the OT. So it's pretty skimpy.

Ahhhh, I didn't touch the 3di or Steel, all of those past sets came out before I got back into cards.

stillakid, I agree with you on the idea of the actual odds of 1 in 24 entries resulting in an autograph - but if I'm not mistaken, there's a low limit on how many you can send in.

Maybe 5 per address? 7? I'll have to check, I know it's printed on the wrapper . . .