PDA

View Full Version : 10030 Star Destroyer inbox preview

Sweden
11-26-2002, 09:15 PM
Wow is the first word that comes into mind when seeing this set. Wow.

The 10030 Star Destroyer set is delivered in a beautiful box that seems to be slightly smaller then the boxes the Darth Maul Bust and the Rebel Blockade Runner was delivered in but twice as thick as the previous releases and with full color artwork and great pictures of the set.

This time around however the set is labeled “Ultimate Collector Series” unlike the Darth Maul Bust and the Rebel Blockade Runner (I know guys, the latter was released with a full color outer box when on retail) and it seems like the set could go retail with this fact in mind.

And I know it will next year.

The massive A3 size instruction booklet in full color is 228 pages long and takes you through building the very massive Imperial Star Destroyer but it’s printed on very thin paper and the cover isn’t to thick either and if handled careless it’ll easy tear apart and that’s not good at all.

The parts in plastic bags comes diveded into four large white boxes very much in style with the 7171 Mos ESPA Podrace set and when opened up and sorted out there’s a gazzilion (3104 pieces) parts and when looking at all the small ones you’ll wonder what you’ve gotten into.

I’ll post building diary/reports over the next few days and then a full review of the 10030 Star Destroyer set this coming weekend so please check by Sir Steve’s forum from time to time for a building diary/report and a more informative and detailed review of this wonderful new set.

Stay tuned for more.

Kindest regards,

Lars “Sweden” Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.