PDA

View Full Version : Tortured Souls II: The Fallen

Deoxyribonucleic
11-27-2002, 12:52 AM
Whoever's interested in obtaining these beauties they are showing up now finally! I got my set and they are super gory, super disgusting and I love 'em! :evil:

I got the box that they came in and the ship date on the carton was Sept 2002 so they've probably been sitting in a huge container somewhere just waiting to be turned loose.

Compared to the first set of Tortured Souls...these stand out more as they are more colorful and not dressed in as much black clothing...lots more gruesome, twisted, peeled, gashed flesh showing! But I like both sets equally for different reasons...set one is more classic Clive Barker while set 2 is a tad more flamboyant in colors and a bit more disgusting! The only bad part about set 2 is that they do not come with any novellas like the first set.

:)

Jayspawn
11-27-2002, 10:32 AM
I've been looking forward to these. I keep impatiently checking stores for them to arrive.

2-1B
11-28-2002, 01:51 AM
How big are these?

I always assumed they were of the 6 or 8 inch variety from the magazine pics I've seen - but I saw some last week at Media Play and they are HUUUUUUUUGE. They were $40 each ! :eek:

Is this the standard size, or are they just behemoth size variants like the 18" Movie Maniacs ?

:)

Jayspawn
11-28-2002, 10:39 AM
Those are 18" versions of the first series. The standard figures are like 6-7 inches.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-28-2002, 11:23 AM
I was just going to answer that :)

You know what I noticed about the larger scale ones, as cool as they are and I want the lucidique one, is that they lost a lot of the detail that the 7 inchers have.

2-1B
11-28-2002, 11:31 AM
Who's the guy that looks like he's been disembowled with a glass container by his abdomen?
Is he the same guy hung with hooks by his face?
That's a good one for the kids. :D

:crazed:

Deoxyribonucleic
11-28-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Who's the guy that looks like he's been disembowled with a glass container by his abdomen?
Is he the same guy hung with hooks by his face?
That's a good one for the kids. :D

:crazed:

ROFL!

His name is Talisac and yeah he's the one with the plastic thing in his groin area and is hanging from his face....he's "the doctor" and ends up getting eaten by his own creations

Muwhahhahahahhaha :crazed:

187-Maul
11-29-2002, 08:56 AM
as much as I love the first set (whcih I have BTW) this new line looks really too gory for my taste
I have no problem with how disgusting they are, but they just don't appeal to me as the first set did

BTW, the new big ones are 12 inchers IIRC, not 18inch

Turbowars
11-30-2002, 08:32 AM
Dudes, I just got the set of 6 last night . I must say they are very disturbing, but I love them! Clive must have some bad @ss dreams. I was wondering if anyone found these at a TRU? I got mine from a shop called Dark Delicacies I paid 10 a pop, a bit more than retail, but can't see TRU selling these.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-30-2002, 02:10 PM
I'm pretty sure they will not be selling them in the store at TRU since it says "for ages 17 and above" on them :) and I think that if some mom's were walking down the isle and saw these they'd for sure throw a fit hehehehehehe but they are selling them online at TRU collectors for $11.99.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000065CMC/ref%3Dnosim/spawncom-20/002-7440713-7460067

Did you open yours turbowars? I can't imagin not opening these guys as the backs are just as gory and well sculpted as the fronts.

Also, I think that normal retail is 9.99 so you didn't get taken. I got my set for 65 with tax so not bad at all! I think these are way worth it as they have excellent sculpting, detail and articulation!

My favorite one in the "gruesome" category is Feverish

"Coolest looking" category is Camille Noire

and in the "Absolutely frickin weird" category is Suffering Bob...I love that he has someone's bum coming out of his head :eek:

Turbowars
11-30-2002, 02:20 PM
I plan on opening them I just don't have a nice place to put them. I want to get this tall skinny glass case from Ikea. I don't want to open them and then put themin a box later and get the paint messed up. My favorite is the girl with the saw blade through her head. I forget her name. These are the best!

Deoxyribonucleic
11-30-2002, 02:29 PM
Check this out...it's online features for the t.souls 2 figs from the mcfarlen website

http://www.spawn.com/features/torturedsouls2/

when you get that case and get everything set up you should post some pics :)

Turbowars
12-14-2002, 08:39 PM
I will! Hey a friend of mine is selling me 5 out of set of 6 of the 1st series! I can't wait to get them. Does anyone know the name of the one that looks like there's a shark at the bottom of the figure? (1st series)

Deoxyribonucleic
12-15-2002, 01:35 AM
That's Mongroid...#6

#1 Agonistes
#2 The Scythe Meister
#3 Lucidique
#4 Talisac
#5 Venal Anatomica

Is your friend going to give you the novella's that came with them? It's a GREAT story and they are supposed to make a movie out of it...guess it's in the works.

Congrats on getting those, as they are pretty hard to get hold of nowadays! :)

Turbowars
12-15-2002, 09:25 AM
I think so. They look MISB, but he cut a slit at the top so he could remove them for display. They have a black book on the side. I don't have them yet, thats just what I remember. Oh and thanks for the info!!!

Jayspawn
12-15-2002, 10:29 AM
Toys'R'Us wouldn't sell Tortured Souls figures. Anyways, I got Moribundi from Series 2 so far. He's the best I think. Excellent detail!