PDA

View Full Version : Finally Scored Ephant Mon!

jedi master sal
11-27-2002, 10:50 AM
Ah, so it appears Ephant Mon has hit Pittsburgh. I scored the big fella, at Toys R Us by Century III mall. I originally was doing my toy hunt in the Robinson area last night and ran into some collecting buds. They informed me that one of their friends found Ephant Mon at Century III. I quickly finished my hunt and whisked away to Century III. Low and behold they had a 12ft display area that was at least 8 figures high and 6 figures deep. I with the assistance of Emily (my fiancee) searched and searched. We had very nearly met in the middle (We started from oppisite ends) when I asked her of her luck. She said that she was just looking for a large "bubble" and hadn't found him. Because I hadn't seen him in person yet, I (incorrectly, yes, I have been known to make mistakes "from time to time") stated that she should go back through and look for him again because.... (I didn't finish the statement when THERE HE WAS! All gleaming in clear plastic. In a HUGE bubble! WOW he is impressive, most impressive. Great sculpt! Paint is excellent....I can't say enough about him. He is officially the biggest 3 3/4in SW figure to date (Don't include Jabba) to be on a "single" card. I compared him to Yoda, and he could eat Yoda as a snack!

If your looking to get your collecting friends a figure for Christmas, this is the one...if you can find him. Although he is now showing up, he is still in very limited quantities. He is afterall only packed two to a box in case assortment.

Rating: MOST excellent buy. This guy is one POUND of plastic! Currently he is my favorite fig. I'm even NOT going to open him...Well that's until I find another one.

Good luck. Yippeeeeeee! Happy Hunting! and as always.....
MTFBWY!
—Sal

Old Fossil
11-27-2002, 01:33 PM
(grumble grumble) Congrats on your find, Sal! (grumble)

dirtybones
11-27-2002, 05:51 PM
YOU LUCKY ... .. . ..... !!!!!!!!!! Congrats in a big way.

gsr-jedi
11-27-2002, 06:32 PM
I must agree that Ephant Mon is a great figure. I was lucky enough to find two at the same time, so I got an open one. He appears to be bigger out of the package.

Darth Cruel
11-27-2002, 06:40 PM
I got two as well from K-Mart about a month ago. Ephant Mon IS a very nice figure.

jobi
11-27-2002, 08:39 PM
I have 2 also he is definately worth the money. He's HUGE and very well designed. I love this figure.

Chiesa
11-28-2002, 03:17 AM
Congrats!! I think Mon is one of the Figures of the year if not it's the figure of the year!! True true it weighs a Pound and looks huge standing next to Leia :)

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

Bib Forlobster
11-28-2002, 06:08 AM
I found mine this past Monday at TRU. I happened to be in the area and decided to go in, not expecting to find anything as usual. Then when I got to the SW section I had that jolt of electricity when I found one. When I came down from the high I saw that they had about five on the racks. Greed started to slip in, the Dark Side was beckoning, I could easily horde them all!!! Bwah ha ha ha!! But, Obi-Wan's voice came into my head and I decided to leave them for other collectors who were in the same position I was when I entered the store. Sure enough, a fellow collector appeared and he too could not believe that he had finally found Ephant Mon. We chatted a little and I felt good that someone else had found the same satisfaction from their hobby. However, I did see him at the register and it looked like he was buying them all. Oh, well.

I opened mine and I am very happy with him. Definately, my favorite figure from the Saga assortment and one of my favorites of all time. I love all the detail and the way his weapon connects to his cane to form an extended vibro-blade.

dirtybones
11-28-2002, 10:13 AM
This feels like the whole Dooku hunt all over again!!!!

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Jedi Master Silas
11-28-2002, 06:00 PM
The scalpers must be stocking up on them here because I've seen everything but him so far.....

Nexu
11-28-2002, 06:44 PM
Two per case. Be patient. ;)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-28-2002, 09:49 PM
Congrats on your find Sal.

I had the fortune of snagging one last week. I wasn't expecting to find anything, seeing that is was late on the afternoon and the usual scalpers probably had already came to shuffle through the pegs. While going through the many rows of pegs, I had looked at the bottom of the rack, through the sea of figures that had fallen from the pegs after being knocked off by people scouring through them, and saw a giant of a figure. I didn't even know that he had been released yet and there he was.

But in a way I was lucky, because that only Ephant Mon figure had himself a big crease on it. Had there not been one, I am sure the scalpers would have bought it a lot earlier.

Tiggertheterrible
11-29-2002, 04:33 PM
I have been looking and looking. Either I am too slow or they haven't made it here yet. I haven't found anyone who admits to having seen them here yet either. Very frustrating!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-29-2002, 10:01 PM
I scored two of him at wally world in Sidney OH the other night. Asked the guy to open a case and bam!! there he was, sticking out like a sore thumb!!!

On a side note, i'm surprised this hasn't moved to the proper forum. Mod's must be sleepin!!! :D

jdmarlow
11-30-2002, 02:15 AM
Just got mine from kbtoys.com - can't find him anywhere here in NYC

Val Da Car
11-30-2002, 05:20 PM
Could not find him in the Midwest either......but this Link to KBTOYS.com will set you straight If you want him still

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html?PID=2201919&ctid=17&ls=toys

clonehead
11-30-2002, 07:34 PM
i got 3 just today at a toys r us by my house, does that mean i'm luckey???:evil:

and i got all of mine for 2.99

Tiggertheterrible
11-30-2002, 08:56 PM
I just got back from TRU where the clerk brought out 6 unopened cases of figures, and not one had him! All 6 cases had nothing but Darth Vader, Jango Fett, and Obi-Wan! I'm so flippin' mad I could scream!!!!!

clonehead
11-30-2002, 09:42 PM
damn that suck, did u at least take the boxes??

Turbowars
12-01-2002, 01:21 AM
Did any of you find MOMC Mon's?

dirtybones
12-01-2002, 10:10 AM
Oh glory days!!
I just scored my Mon this morning at Maplewood TRU!!! I still can't believe how heavy this guy is.

Bring on the next wave!!

Sentinel18725
12-02-2002, 01:07 AM
ARRRRGGGGHHH....the only one missing. I even got the Endor trooper with the Gilette:cry: :Pirate:

Mandalorian Candidat
12-02-2002, 02:30 PM
So, which character would win in a bellyflop contest: Ephant Mon, Malakili, Porkins, or Darktrooper? :)

broctoon
12-02-2002, 07:01 PM
I just scored an Ephant about an hour ago in an Osco in the Chicago area, a I wasn't even looking for figures. I was in the magazine aisle and I noticed the Star Wars figures down the way. Osco never really carries figures so I didn't think they would have much. When I saw a Lott Dod and clean shaven Endor Soldier I figured I should flip through the rest. Low and behold at the very back of the pegs was ONE Ephant Mon. Probably the most exciting find I've had in some time since it was so unexpected. I heard the hype and saw the pics, but that doesn't even do it justice. This figure is awesome!

edit: as for the person that asked if anyone has found a MOMC Ephant- mine was not. The little hook part that hangs from the peg is a little bent because of the weight of the figure. :)

Teeska Mon Eebon
12-02-2002, 08:28 PM
I sat for days just looking at it, Prolly the best of the Saga's so far!

Jedi Master Silas
12-03-2002, 12:45 PM
I've been reading what everyone has been saying about E Mon but seeing is believing. I finally found the mother load this past weekend and I have to give Hasbro their props. What a great fig!:D :D

SNAYSON
12-03-2002, 03:13 PM
:mad: i did not find one yet except at a specialty shop that charges waaaayyyyy ttooooooo muuuccchhhh!!!!!!!:frus:
lucky you to all who did find one at 4.99! :mad: :frus:

and no i did not buy it at the specialty shop! :mad:

evenflow
12-03-2002, 03:35 PM
Well, I finally got him. He is awesome. Possible the best Star Wars figure to date. He is huge and amazing.

Tiggertheterrible
12-06-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by clonehead
damn that suck, did u at least take the boxes??

No, I thought about it, but didn't. My husband would've teased me endlessly.

I still continue to search because I STILL CAN"T FIND HIM!!!!! What am I doing wrong? I feel like getting a job restocking toy departments just so I can see one face to face!!!! :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus:

Val Da Car
12-07-2002, 09:59 PM
I just got my Ephant Mon figs in from KBToys.com and all of them were wrecked.....

They packaged them in a box that was just barely thicker than the figure itself and put an air pillow on top of it.

I am sure these were all Mint fresh from the case and after travelling from VA to WI in both Airborne Express and the post office I am surprised that the figures were still in the box.

But I am not a mint collector but this still ticks me off!!

Tiggertheterrible
12-08-2002, 09:28 AM
I'd be furious. Did you e-mail them or call them to complain? I still can't find him anywheres! KBtoys.com has been sold out for awhile, although now I don't know I'd want to purchase from them.

Val Da Car
12-08-2002, 09:30 AM
Well the box showed up yesterday late (Saturday @ 4pm) maybe I should take a picture and email it to them and see what happens.

I was so furious that I considered returning them to my local KB toys but I have been in there and most of the staff is either dumb, rude or both.

Tiggertheterrible
12-08-2002, 09:37 AM
I really think you should send them a pic and a letter. Maybe they'll send you new ones or something.

I definitely wouldn't go to the local KB. They'll most likely take the "not my fault" attitude. Especially this time of year!:eek:

FishEyedLouie
12-08-2002, 03:58 PM
:D Val Da Car - Suggestion: E-mail K.B. customer service from the confirmation e-mail that you received with your complaint. I did, as I received my figures damaged and they credited back my credit card the entire order amount including shipping and tax. Much props to K.B. online!

Turbowars
12-08-2002, 07:38 PM
Sorry to hear about the damage Val;( On a better note I finally scored a MOMC Mon from a friend. In my outings I have only seen 2, one smashed to hell and the one I just got. Still very rare and it's been out for a month or 2

Tiggertheterrible
12-08-2002, 09:16 PM
Oh sure! Gloat away turbo! You lucky son of a .....:frus: :frus:

How are all you guys finding him????!!!!!!

Val Da Car
12-08-2002, 10:23 PM
I got my at Kbtoys.com during one of the 20 minute availability windows.

Tiggertheterrible
12-10-2002, 10:34 AM
Val. did you e-mail them or contact them any other way about the damage?

LOCKFORD88
12-11-2002, 12:18 PM
I ordered 11 of them from KBTOYS.COM I was so happy..and then.....the same thing happened...I got them in a long slender box with no packaging materials and 9 of the 11 were totaled. I was going to give some as gifts, keep some, and sell a few but only 2 were even salvagable!!! I was ****** so I called KBTOYS.com and talked to a manager named CARLOS and he gave me the option of shipping them back while they credited my credit card and gave a 20 dollar gift card for a future purchase or crediting my card 30.00 back...and I get to keep the figures. I kept the figs and got my 30.00 credit back to the card. I thought that was a fair deal considering I used an online coupon for 10.00........so in reality I only payed 26.00 for 11 EPHANT MONS!!! 9 of which the packaging are in terrible condition but still.......you cant beat that!!! So overall, I was satisfied with KBTOYS.COM'S customer service.......very polite and worked to make me happy. The idiot who packed these boxes isa completely different story. So if I were you, I would call and ask to speak with Carlos. He will make things right. Let me know what goes on with that...HERE IS THEIR NUMBER...877-452-5437...........Good luck, Chris

Old Fossil
12-11-2002, 12:38 PM
Now we know why Ephant Mon is so scarce... :greedy:

Val Da Car
12-11-2002, 01:08 PM
When I sent the email I got the "We will improve our process, blah blah blah....." response..

I am thinking for selling/trading them off.