PDA

View Full Version : South Western Pennsylvania (greater Pittsburgh metro area) FINDS!

jedi master sal
11-27-2002, 10:52 AM
Ah, so it appears Ephant Mon has hit Pittsburgh. I scored the big fella, at Toys R Us by Century III mall. I originally was doing my toy hunt in the Robinson area last night and ran into some collecting buds. They informed me that one of their friends found Ephant Mon at Century III. I quickly finished my hunt and whisked away to Century III. Low and behold they had a 12ft display area that was at least 8 figures high and 6 figures deep. I with the assistance of Emily (my fiancee) searched and searched. We had very nearly met in the middle (We started from oppisite ends) when I asked her of her luck. She said that she was just looking for a large "bubble" and hadn't found him. Because I hadn't seen him in person yet, I (incorrectly, yes, I have been known to make mistakes "from time to time") stated that she should go back through and look for him again because.... (I didn't finish the statement when THERE HE WAS! All gleaming in clear plastic. In a HUGE bubble! WOW he is impressive, most impressive. Great sculpt! Paint is excellent....I can't say enough about him. He is officially the biggest 3 3/4in SW figure to date (Don't include Jabba) to be on a "single" card. I compared him to Yoda, and he could eat Yoda as a snack!

If your looking to get your collecting friends a figure for Christmas, this is the one...if you can find him. Although he is now showing up, he is still in very limited quantities. He is afterall only packed two to a box in case assortment.

Rating: MOST excellent buy. This guy is one POUND of plastic! Currently he is my favorite fig. I'm even NOT going to open him...Well that's until I find another one.

Good luck. Yippeeeeeee! Happy Hunting! and as always.....
MTFBWY!
—Sal

jedi master sal
11-27-2002, 10:54 PM
Yippee!
On my way to Lewistown for the holiday (its by Harrisburg)We stopped in the Ebensburg Wal*Mart and found the new 12in wave (Dengar, Zuckuss, and Imp officer) also stopped in the Altoona WM and found the same as well as the new action fleet (AT-AT, snowspeeder. Stopped in the Toys R Us in Altoona, plenty of figs but no Ephant Mon. This may change but as of today that is the case.

Just wanted to make everyone aware that these items are out there and are probably available in the 'Burgh as well.

Good Luck all, especially on Black Friday.
Happy Hunting and as always,
MTFBWY!

Sal

jedi master sal
12-06-2002, 12:03 PM
First let me say that I really love my fiancee!
While on lunch she stopped by TRU (the one by Aliquippa, I think that's Beaver valley mall?) they didn't have anything new (I'm still looking for deluxe geonosian and PS2 clone wars), but then she went to the Wal*Mart close by and found both sets of the trash compactor. There were only two of each available. She bought 1 of each, so anyone close enough or lucky enough tp get there first can snag them up. Hope this helps.

jedi master sal
05-28-2003, 01:26 PM
Aayla, Barris Offee, Lama Su, and Anakin (with robotic arm) have been found hear in the 'Burgh. As well, Han Hoth (Blue coat) and Mace (Spike in the back) Windu Have been found. The first set were found at various Wal*Mart around Pittsburgh and the last two at a hobby store (Action Figure cantina) on RT 19, north of Pittsburgh, in Wexford. A friend of mine says that he found the Imperial forces set, but I find that unlikely, but will post back when I can get confirmation. Other parts of Middle and Eastern Pennsylvania report finding the Super Battle Droid Making set and the Spider droids. (Those come from a reputable collecting group I belong to here in PA.)

So it looks like stuff is finally starting to trickle in. Maybe they (Hasbro and Retail stores) are waiting for kids to get out of school to release this stuff so that kids will have a better shot at finding the toys instead of just us collectors. This is one theory that at least can be mulled over.

Well, good luck and Happy Hunting.

—Sal

jedi master sal
05-30-2003, 11:19 AM
I don't know if these have been out for awhile, but I managed to score a 12inch AT-ST driver at Toys R Us here in Pittsburgh last night (5/29/03). I saw the new 12inch Han but passed on him because of the HORRIBLE head sculpt.

jedi master sal
06-06-2003, 10:17 AM
Well, I kick myself for not posting this sooner, but the Imperial 4 pack is out and in droves. I found it at every TRU that I visit in the greater metro Pittsburgh area. There are plenty at each store so this should not be hard to find at least in the immediate future. So my friend was right afterall....

jedi master sal
06-20-2003, 09:10 AM
I found two of the 12 Inch Gamorrean Guards at the KB's at CenturyIII mall and a friend of mine found EIGHT of them at the Monroeville Mall's KB's.

jedi master sal
12-23-2003, 01:43 PM
These literally just hit in Pittsburgh!

A bud of mine works at Target and picked up the whole case, for which I'm a lucky receipient of one of the 3 complete sets that comes in the box!

Whoo-hoo (plus he got these with his employee discount so a saving for me as well!)

Good luck fellows!

and
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Man, I didn't realize I haven't posted finds in here for awhile. I'm going to have to do better with that. Well, there's one New Years resolution.

mm74md
12-24-2003, 02:29 PM
Hmmmm...why bother posting this if nobody else has a chance of getting these figures? To me these groups are to help others find new figures, not gloat over taking the whole case :rolleyes:

jedi master sal
01-09-2004, 12:46 PM
You've missed the point entirely then. I do not post to gloat. This was to let others know that the figures are out there. Just because I have a connection, I shouldn't be knocked for it. I don't go and buy whole cases at a time. This is just a rare exception that I was able to get something like this.

I'm not an early riser that goes to the stores first to buy up figures before everyone else and I also don't go bothering employees to look for cases in the back for me either. As well I don't open boxes on palettes waiting to be put on the shelves. Need I go on?

This was just a friendly post to let others know the stuff is out. Trust me that my local Star Wars collecting group fellows found the info quite good for them. I know that at least 4 other collectors went to their Targets that day because of my post and found them.

Please don't be so quick to judge.

orionlukteel
04-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Manoman - do I wish I'd found this board sooner...:(

Leaving permanently for Vegas next week and
could've used the help to find many a figure over
the last couple years. As it was, I found my few
and far between joys at MediaPlay and Target,
and there ain't no MediaPlay where I'm going...

Good luck hunting, Sal. It's a cool thing to know
what is out when- and where. Keep up the good work!

peace,
Pat
(formerly PartsGuy (tm) at rec.arts.sf.starwars and rec.toys.action-figures)

jedi master sal
06-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Well, it's been awhile since my last post, so let me just say I've found every Saga figure to date and every 12inch with one exception-Biker Scout.

I have found all of the New style card Unleashed.

Clones have been reshipping in okay numbers. I was able to get more blue, yellow and green 3 packs. No red, but then again, I already have 3 sets of that one and an abundance of the 4/23 ones.

Got almost two complete sets of the Clone Wars trading cards and one set of the stickers. Still need half of the lenticular (Motion) cards.

So next up is the OTC waves; Aayla/Tusken/Bossk Unleashed; Mini RPG.

Does anyone else come to this thread??? With two exceptions, it seems there are no other collectors in the southwest PA area. I know that's not true, but I wonder who lurks on SSG in my area for the finds.

Ah, well, I'm not worried about it, I find 95% of what I want anyway. The rest I get at cons for cheap or sometimes eBay.