PDA

View Full Version : Nute Gunray: Holographic Pictures

Beast
11-27-2002, 12:19 PM
Galactic Hunter has some really nice pictures of the once again on hold Holo Nute Gunray. He was supposed to be an exclusive thru the fan club this winter, but has been delayed due to restructing. He looks really nice. Hopefully Hasbro can get things worked out, and maybe shift him to someplace else, like they did with the 3 3/4" SandTrooper Army builder set and 12" Plo Koon figure.

Holographic Nute Gunray
11/27/2002 12:56:43 AM | Reported by Mike

He's scheming, greedy, and...err...transparent. He's supposed to be a Fan Club exclusive but is in unreleased limbo at the moment. He's Holographic Nute Gunray!

Sporting the original Episode I sculpt, the Neiomoidian Viceroy is redone with the clear translucent plastic first seen with EP1's Holographic Darth Sidious. This figure was originally intended to be part of the Episode I collection. But due to the overabundance of Neimodians lingering on the pegs at that time, Hasbro thought it prudent to delay its release. It was then revealed that Holographic Nute would be a Star Wars Fan Club exclusive this year, but has not been released as of yet. This is more than likely due to the transitory change of ownership phase the Fan Club is currently going through, which saw a few exclusives, like 12" Plo Koon and the Holiday Droid set, shifted off to other outlets. We expect Nute to be packaged in the usual uncelebratory Fan Club white mailer box once (or if) he's released.

You can bid or view this particular sample on eBay by clicking here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1921407055). Enjoy!

You can look at back and side views of him at the following link: Nute Gunray: Holographic Pictures (http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=460&zoneid=2). I'm posting the info, and the front view here, so that people that have slow connections would be able to atleast see it and discuss the figure, without having to load another page. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
11-27-2002, 12:34 PM
KEWL, I like these holographic figures. I think they add real depth to the line.

However, this looks to be the same color as the "Spirit" figures. I think I would prefer to see blue or the Darth Sidious Holograph Purple color.

Darth Trymybestus
11-27-2002, 12:37 PM
I think it's pretty cool, I've only got 1 Holographic figure though, the Obi Wan Kenobi holograph, I got that free when I bought the Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition VHS :)
I wouldn't mind the Darth Sidious hologram but I've never seen that anywhere, the saga figures are definitely more available than the Episode I figures.

Beast
11-27-2002, 12:38 PM
It seems to be a bit darker shade then the Spirit figures. Nute's hologram in the movie was pretty much this color anyway. I think Darth Sidious was done purple looking, due to the black of his robes. But regardless of the color, hopefully he still ends up being released. For cripes sake, he's been delayed since 1999. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-27-2002, 12:41 PM
This has new arms, which is great! I like it! :)

The Overlord Returns
11-27-2002, 12:46 PM
did he ever appear as a full size holograph in ep 1....cause I don't remember that.......

would this not have been better in the small size... ala the leia holo with the commtech r2?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-27-2002, 12:49 PM
He was full-size when telling the droids to finish what's left of the Jedi.

Beast
11-27-2002, 12:49 PM
Yep, at the start of the movie. He appers in Holo form before the squad of Battle Droids sent to kill Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. "They must be dead by now, destroy what's left of them." Oops, someone beat me too it. But I'll expand on the mini-holo idea. :)

I would like to see a mini holo of him and Rune Haako released with an OOM-9 resculpt. Hopefully Hasbro knows how much we liked the mini Holo Leia, and does it. A new General Veers w/ removable armor and mini Holo Vader would be nice also. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
11-27-2002, 12:56 PM
Yes...Im remember now...........

I agree JJB, I wouldn't mind seeing a new 00M - 9 with the lil holos packed in.....hopefully they can do a decent version of the droid a second time around.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-27-2002, 01:05 PM
And then another cap'n droid from AOTC. :)

sith_killer_99
11-27-2002, 01:22 PM
Judging by the holo mini figs with Dooku and Lott Dod, I thinks Hasbro get's the idea.

Those are some of the coolest pack-ins!

JJB, I know what you mean about FINALLY getting this figure. How long did we have to wait for Lott Dod? I though the wait for Shmi Skywalker was bad! :crazed:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
11-27-2002, 01:41 PM
Looks awesome! :)

Old Fossil
11-27-2002, 02:29 PM
I like the fact that he has added arm articulation, but he needs a bit more color to him, like the Holo Sidious.

Thanks for the link, JJB!

Tycho
11-27-2002, 03:04 PM
Hologram Checklist

FULL SIZE:

ESB: Emeror Palpatine (larger than Gentle Giant's Busts to figure scale)

ROTJ: Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight

Endor with the Death Star 2

The Death Star 2

TPM: Darth Sidious

Nute Gunray

Senator Palpatine (I want this one!)

Darth Maul

Sio Bibble

Theed Palace Plans

AOTC: Riishi Maze Star Chart

Battle of Geonosis: Republic Forces

The Death Star 1

SMALL SIZE:

ANH: Princess Leia

Dejerrik Chess Pieces

ESB: Darth Vader

TPM: Nute and Rune (on OOM-9's tank)

Sio Bibble

Royal Starship

AOTC:

Palpatine's Rodian Majordormo

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Geonosis)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Geonosis w. Destroyer Droid)
Destroyer Droid

Mace Windu

Padme's holo-portraits

The Death Star 1

Did I forget anything?

Jargo
11-27-2002, 03:36 PM
A holo Mace is essential. I prefer the small scale holograms as accessories to the large scale figures as holograms. The figure sized ones seem horribly plastic and lumpy but the smaller ones mean that if we get them as accessories we're getting them with a new figure :) I'm all for that option.
A holo darth vader with a Veers figure would be the sweetest little prize!

Jek Porky 2002
11-27-2002, 03:49 PM
We still need large size ones, although I do agree that the small ones are very nice!

I really hope that Nute Gunray gets released and that OOM-9 figure is making my mouth water! (but only if it comes with Nute or Rune!)

Tycho
11-27-2002, 08:41 PM
Well, to go back to the list,

an OOM-9 figure with a little holo Nute & Rune would not be an E2 version of an OOM-9, but the same figure we've had on a redcard.

Who would the Holo-Mace come with? It would be good if it were packed with Anakin, or the Droid Factory Padme. But if it's not, a new R2-D2 with Data Plug, or a revised C-3PO? Perhaps Padme's ship? I think the last idea is the best (if the cockpit can fit 4 and a hologram).

Vader Holo with Veers is a great, and obvious choice.

A little Sio Bibble Hologram should come with a Padme Handmaiden figure.

A Kenobi (Kamino) hologram could come with a Yoda or Mace figure - in fact, that darn re-issue of the E1 Yoda could have added an Obi-Wan holo from Kamino to sweeten the report that figure has with collectors instead of having it be identical in every way to the red-card figure.

The Kenobi Geonosis / Destroyer Droid Holo could come with Sly Moore's figure, Bail Organa's, Eidley Teem's, etc. to sweeten the deal for a non-action scene figure.