PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (Everything you need to know)

scruffziller
11-27-2002, 01:07 PM
AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!!!

There are gobs and gobs of new moves I can't master them all!!:crazed:

There are several full length documentuaries, displaying the power that is the GC!!!!! It would play DVDs if DVDs were the size the disks are. Graphics are awesome. Play is awesome.
I am too early in the game with barely enough of the unlocked features to give a full review. BUT CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!
They have it for all systems I believe.

QLD
11-30-2002, 01:40 PM
I dunno.....it's still Mortal Kombat......and while it has been a long while.....it's kind of like an ex-girlfriend. Once you don't have it for a while, you never really feel the urge to go back.

2-1B
11-30-2002, 11:35 PM
Did they bring Baraka back?

Lord Malakite
12-02-2002, 10:56 PM
From what I saw, there is no Baraka.

scruffziller
12-03-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I dunno.....it's still Mortal Kombat......and while it has been a long while.....it's kind of like an ex-girlfriend. Once you don't have it for a while, you never really feel the urge to go back.

Yes, but with MK, that ex-girlfriend is like Reese Witherspoon!!!:D :crazed:

evenflow
12-03-2002, 03:28 PM
This new Mortal Kombat is amazing. I can never get tired of Mortal Kombat and have been waiting for such a long time for this game.

I wish they would however make an ultimate Mortal Kombat will all of the fighters from all of the games usable including the bosses. They don't all have to be selectable from the start, but all shoul dbe able to be unlocked.

evenflow
12-03-2002, 03:30 PM
Bo Rai Cho: B, B, B, D, 4
Johnny Cage: B, F, F, D, 2
Kano: F, U, U, D, 1
Kenshi: F, B, F, D, 3
Kung Lao: D, U, B, 3
Li Mei: F, F, D, F, 4
Mavado: B, B, U, U, 1
Quan Chi: B, B, F, B, 3
Scorpion: B, B, D, B, 4
Shang Tsung: U, D, U, D, 2
Sonya: B, F, F, D, 2
Sub-Zero: B, F, F, D, 3
Cyrax: F, F, U, 2
Drahmin: B, T, T, D, 3
Frost: F, B, U, D, 1
Hsu Hao: F, B, D, D, 2
Jax: D, F, F, D, 2
Kitana: D, U, F, F, 2
Nitara: U, U, F, 1
Raiden: B, F, F, F, 3
Reptile: U, U, U, F, 3

evenflow
12-03-2002, 03:32 PM
To unlock BLaze & Mokep defeat all 218 Konquest levels with all players.

QLD
12-03-2002, 03:43 PM
TAKE THAT BACK!

Don't you dare blaspheme and compare Mortal Kombat with Reese!!!!!

Mortal Kombat is more like Bo Derek. It was hot once, but way past it's prime now.

;)

QLD
12-03-2002, 03:44 PM
Holy christ in a bucket! How many Mortal Kombat threads do we need? ;)

"A handful of people on a leaky boat are going to save the world?"

Boba Rhett
12-03-2002, 07:07 PM
I guess we need one for every single thing that ever gets discovered in this game. :stupid:

QLD
12-03-2002, 07:19 PM
I discovered a long time ago that Mortal Kombat sucks. Should I start a thread about that? ;)

scruffziller
12-04-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
TAKE THAT BACK!

Don't you dare blaspheme and compare Mortal Kombat with Reese!!!!!

Mortal Kombat is more like Bo Derek. It was hot once, but way past it's prime now.

;)

No QLD.

MK is like Ms Witherspoon.
Was HOT, is HOT, WILL ALWAYS BE HOT!!!!!!!

scruffziller
12-04-2002, 12:26 PM
DANG!!!!!!!!! I take that is a summation, I hope.

scruffziller
12-04-2002, 12:29 PM
What does the number at the end mean? Are those for GC?

Darth Shifty
12-04-2002, 02:39 PM
The number corresponds to one of the four attack buttons. I guess since it was released on all three systems at once, they just used 1-4 when designating the attack buttons so the commands would be universal. I know the buttons for the PS2 are 1 = square, 2 = triangle, 3 = X, 4 = circle.

LOL - nice sig QLD, just noticed it. Can you tie it in a knot? Can you tie it in a bow?

QLD
12-04-2002, 03:59 PM
Darth Shifty.....I probably could......but, it sounds just a tad painful!

Lord Malakite
12-04-2002, 11:36 PM
We had a couple "Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance" threads going on, so I went ahead and merged them. I also changed the title of the thread so you can post comments, moves, secret characters, etc. under the same thread.

evenflow
12-06-2002, 07:53 AM
Yeah those are for Gamecube. In the booklet that comes witht the game each button is assigned a number. Thats what it means.

scruffziller
12-10-2002, 12:20 PM
Is it just me or do the characters seem more powerful in their alternate costumes?:confused:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
12-12-2002, 09:56 PM
Is it true that some of the moves were reconfigured? I heard Scorpion's harpoon is now back, forward, low punch instead of back, back, low punch. It doesn't seem much to many, but I have always used Scorpion. So the slightest difference in controls affects much in my playing.

scruffziller
12-13-2002, 06:52 AM
Yes there are different ways of doing those things.

scruffziller
12-17-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
From what I saw, there is no Baraka.

Actually Baraka does come back in a way.
There is a video you can unlock in the KRYPT that shows Baraka
coming to talk to Quan Chi about his conquest. He makes the quote "Now I have to spend the rest of my life in a empty realm with a madman!!!" He attempts to kill Quan Chi but meats his demise. Thus his not being in the game. It's too bad because he looks really cool. Motaro and Sheeva are also dead along with Lui Kang. There is also a video that shows how Quan Chi gets to the Netherrealm and evidentely it is on the MK4 game but I never saw it.

Darth Shifty
12-17-2002, 11:38 AM
Have you finished the game, Skruffziller? i.e. kompleted the konquest and opened all of the koffins? I'm nowhere near kompletion and I still need to unlock Hsu Hao and that smelly guy. I play and play and play and I kan't even get close to unlocking all this krap. I think I might kry... :cry:

scruffziller
12-17-2002, 12:55 PM
I have unlocked all the basic charachters. I have completed about 104 of the konquest missions out of 218. However the latter part of each charachter's mission gets real hard with all those combo moves gets difficult. The only charachter I have completed is Quan Chi. Make sure that you log in your code each time you play. You can play without gaining any koins if you do that, I did, after a while till I realized what I was doing.

evenflow
12-26-2002, 07:16 AM
I have unlocked all of the characters and costumes, as well as completed all 218 missions. I am working on the Koffins right now.

scruffziller
12-28-2002, 09:31 AM
How are Blaze and Mokep?

evenflow
12-29-2002, 09:36 PM
Blaze is the cooler looking characters of the two. From what i can tell they do not have fatalities and do not have weapons either.

Lobito
11-25-2003, 04:52 PM
I finished the game with all koffins, all characters, etc. and nothing...it would have been nice to play as Moloch...anyway awesome game!

scruffziller
03-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Was wanting to know.....A friend told me you could create your own charachter in the PS2 version, is this true?

Card Dreamer
03-24-2004, 12:03 AM
I don't know how any of you are playing this for so long? Man, I played it for a couple ours and found it to get repetative REAL quick. Graphically, I'll admit it's very nice. Infact, that's what made me try the game (I HATED all the others). But unlike that others where you seem to have had a lot more to do (diff fatalities, babetalities, friendships, etc) just didn't seem like a whole lot to do....

Lobito
03-24-2004, 12:13 AM
I know...and after you beat the whole game, at least you expect some kind of reward...(yes there are the hidden characters...but we wanted Moloch, or Kintaro...or Goro) instead...we got zip. :mad:

Card Dreamer
03-24-2004, 12:15 AM
yeah, that was another thing I noticed too. Alternate costumes and the few hidden characters are OKAY...but meh. And sorry, comic images, art galleries, production still...all WORTHLESS bonus features. Yeah, some might look nice..but I'm not about to go through all that time to play and beat the game for those, nor put in the game and turn it on just for those images...