PDA

View Full Version : Obi-Wan Cloned...

Co Jo-Da
11-04-2001, 12:19 PM
The "Breather" Teaser has a shot of Obi-Wan beening held up in mid-air. Is it possible that he is being cloned? That shot is something I haven't heard of before and I'm wonder if that could be so or I'm I going off the deep end.

bigbarada
11-04-2001, 12:41 PM
I hope not.....

But if it is, George is the man with the plan, so I trust his storytelling abilities. He hasn't done us wrong yet (notice, no sarcasm here).

master jedi
11-04-2001, 05:41 PM
I htink he could be held as a prisoner in some sort of suspended animation or something.

Jedi Clint
11-04-2001, 06:32 PM
It appears to me that his image is being projected above the table seen in a few of the "select" photos.

Wolfwood319
11-05-2001, 02:47 AM
I just take faith in what was shown. In the end, it won't matter, like BB said, trust George Lucas. Cynicism towards goofy characters or not, his story lines have always had the great quality that makes Star Wars a true "epic".

Jedi Clint
11-05-2001, 02:00 PM
I have the large version of the trailer now. I believe that he is being held captive. Someone had posted a thread some time ago posing the question, "how do you capture a Jedi". Well whatever that device is that has Kenobi suspended in mid air with energy bindings around his wrists and ankles appears to be one way of doing just that. He is rumored captured on Geonosis and held until the end battle sequence in the arena. To me that looks like Geonosis, and he looks like he has been captured.

JEDIpartner
11-05-2001, 03:04 PM
I concur with Jedi Clint. I believe he is being held prisoner in some sort of energy net. After reading the blow by blow of the trailer, I anticipated each shot so I wasn't caught off guard. It definitely looked as if he was suspended mid-air by some device.

hamsterboy
11-06-2001, 12:41 AM
What I want to konw is why does everyone think Obi-Wan is cloned? Everyone says that "Obi-Wan" is the name of the clone. Yet in TPM we find out that whatever planet he and(I'm guessing on this) Qui-Gon came from,that's how they name people. Can someone clear that up?

Eternal Padawan
11-06-2001, 08:54 AM
Yes, Obi Wan is being held captive. Notice the little purple energy cuffs round his appendages. Also, the very left side of the screen right as it's fading black SOMEONE WALKS ON SCREEN.

VERY OMINOUS.

:D :D ;) :D :D

Eternal Padawan
11-06-2001, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by hamsterboy
What I want to konw is why does everyone think Obi-Wan is cloned? Everyone says that "Obi-Wan" is the name of the clone. Yet in TPM we find out that whatever planet he and(I'm guessing on this) Qui-Gon came from,that's how they name people. Can someone clear that up?

The theory is that "Obi-Wan" is really "O.B.- 1." Being the first clone of whomever O.B. is. I don't buy it, especially after TPM, but it was an interesting theory in the 16 year lull between Episodes 6 and 1. Even more curious is what ever happened to Obi-Wan Bunji and Obi-Wan Street. I swear I'm the only guy who remembers these two characters showing up on the list of Episode 1 names waaaaaaayyyy back in 1998.

master jedi
11-06-2001, 03:59 PM
During this scene in the trailer when it's fading out you can see a person walking into the room towards on the left side. It looks like it could be Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus.
I noticed that there 1 or 2 small bolts of electricity going accross OB1. I think Dooku/Tyranus or somebody is torturing him or something.

Co Jo-Da
11-06-2001, 10:41 PM
Here it is (from TheForce.Net).

Obi-Wan being held in mid-air with blue mist around his wrist and feet. He is looking at someone (out of frame) coming in the room.

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/teaser/Image9.jpg

GNT
11-06-2001, 11:02 PM
From what I've heard is that he is trapped in a type of force field which makes sense and sort of explains why Anakin has his lightsaber when you think about it :)

The 'Xir
11-07-2001, 02:54 AM
EP has hit the nail on the head closer than anyone about the whole Obi-Wan being cloned issue, but actually that rumor(OB-1) has existed since EpIV was released! It's one of the oldest SW rumors out there, and who knows maybe Lucas has finally entertained the thought! But I personally doubt it!
I think it's torture also, kind of like Han was in ESB! And on that note along with GL's constant use of repeating themes, I wonder if Ben will be used like Han was in ESB, and maybe his imprisonment will carry over to the 3rd film. 'Cause we all know that it's Yoda that will come in to save the day at the end of EPII, so Ben won't be needed for that, and maybe he will be the one main character "casualty"(not mortally of course) that will keep the suspense up for EpIII! That would allow Ben to not be there for his student during his most trying time, and it will probably be Anakin that comes to rescue him, but when he does although he'll release Ben in time, things will then not go so well for our soon to be fallin' hero as a result! Just a thought!

JediTricks
11-07-2001, 09:22 AM
Hello, when did Supershadow enter the room?

Annnyway, I dunno anything about this scene, but I think he's being held by energy cuffs and it looks like a cool scene. My alterate theory is that it's a vicious scan of some sort, but I don't buy the "cloning" bit.

master jedi
11-07-2001, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by GNT
From what I've heard is that he is trapped in a type of force field which makes sense and sort of explains why Anakin has his lightsaber when you think about it :)

But it doesn't explain why Anakin has a green saber and OB1 having a green saber in the shot where you see them running down the hall.

GNT
11-08-2001, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Here it is (from TheForce.Net).

Obi-Wan being held in mid-air with blue mist around his wrist and feet. He is looking at someone (out of frame) coming in the room.

Theforce.net has a picture of Count Dooku on the left of the screen

But it doesn't explain why Anakin has a green saber and OB1 having a green saber in the shot where you see them running down the hall.

Obi Wans lightsaber is Blue,Anakins is green :)

Co Jo-Da
11-08-2001, 01:37 AM
No one is in the room with Obi-Wan (in the still) but if you watch it in motion, a shadow in the (left corner) appears but you can't really tell who it is (either Count Dooku or Anakin).