PDA

View Full Version : What did you buy today??

Jedi Master Silas
11-29-2002, 01:47 PM
I was just curious to see what folks bought today on black friday.
I wondered if anyone found any good deals on SW items or other toys that were not listed on the black friday lists.

Dr Zoltar
11-29-2002, 02:03 PM
I bought some computer stuff at Staples, but no Star Wars stuff. I stopped by 2 TRU's and both had lines to the rear of the store. So I figured saving a whopping $2 per action figure wasn't worth it. Plus the Star Wars section looked pretty picked over. I just hope this makes room for some of the newer figures I haven't seen yet like the Clone Pilot!

Old Fossil
11-29-2002, 02:25 PM
$5 worth of Regular Unleaded.

LTBasker
11-29-2002, 02:31 PM
Well today I got:
2x Action Fleet Snowspeeders
2x Action Fleet AT-ATs
1x (Only had one) Holiday Edition C-3PO & R2
1x Ponda Baba Cantina Set
1x Momaw Nadon Cantina Set

Not really any deals, but the other day I did order 2x Teemto, 2x Ki-Adi and 2x Maul off of Amazon for 2.99 each, I think it was their "Black Friday" preperations or something in case you couldn't get to TRU I guess.

Beast
11-29-2002, 02:40 PM
1 holographic spiral notebook, 1 set of multicolored ink pens (black, blue, red, green), 1 tube of dice (black w/ red) containing 3 D6's, 1 D3, 1 D8, 1 D12, 1 D20 and a set of percentage dice. And probably something to eat. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-29-2002, 04:48 PM
Absolutely nothing!

Except my mom got some stuff for my birthday at a no-sale (on SW stuff anyway), no-crowd Super Target. :D

kadamontaga
11-29-2002, 05:43 PM
What is black friday?

Jedi Master Silas
11-29-2002, 06:06 PM
It's the biggest shopping day of the year here in US. Its the day after Thanksgiving. Stores open early and have huge sales. Alot of people start their Christmas shopping on this day. I havent a clue how it got the name Black Friday.

Beast
11-29-2002, 06:17 PM
If I recall correctly, stores typically run in the red throught the year. Then on the friday after thanksgiving, they have huge sales which draw customers in, who spend lots of cash. This will put the store back into the black financially. So the name kind of stuck, "Black Friday". And now you know, the rest of the story. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Master Silas
11-29-2002, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the save JJ..LOL

Darth Sidious
11-29-2002, 09:10 PM
I got an Arena Conflict Accessory Set (The first time I have ever seen an accessory set). It wasn't on sale, but at least I finally got it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-29-2002, 10:09 PM
Um, i bought dinner and 2 pepsi's. I meant to look for toys when I got off work, but felt like going home instead. Don't matter though, I wouldn't have been able to afford it!! :D

SirSteve
11-29-2002, 11:12 PM
JJB is correct on how "Black Friday" got its name. I got a lot of stuff... actually, too much to type as I am dead tired from all that madness....

kadamontaga
11-30-2002, 07:35 AM
No fair! We don't get sales to do our christmas shopping in.
Yet again, we're screwed by the yanks. :p

Eternal Padawan
11-30-2002, 09:09 AM
I got a GameCube for $99.00 :D

And I bought a 20oz. of Mountain Dew.

vulcantouch
11-30-2002, 12:32 PM
. . .so even tho there isn't much i seek i hit 6am tru opening just to see what those look like. didn't find nuthin but had the foresight to bring along the teemto i bagged a few days previous so i could get price-guarantee "rebate". so there i was at the customer servix counter, gazing at the long, crowded lines of filled-to-the-brim shopping carts waiting to check out, getting $2 back on a figure i'd paid $5 for cuz it was now $3 :greedy:
vt

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-30-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Silas
It's the biggest shopping day of the year here in US. Its the day after Thanksgiving.

I'd hate to come across as a smarty-pants, but apparently in just the last couple of years, the busiest shopping day of the year (I believe) has become one of the weekend days just before Christmas Day.

I'm glad I'm not a procrastinator when it comes to Holiday shopping--I started my shopping in late August.

BTW, I picked up a Jango Fett Kamino Escape and a Bespin Luke for $3 at TRU yesterday. Nice to finally have them out of the package. :)

jeddah
12-01-2002, 08:06 AM
A multi-region DVD player at Richer Sounds in the ghettoes of Boscombe, all for 69.95. Then went to pick up the Aaliyah Cd with the DVD bonus disc of vids, but the stupid bint at the shop had given it out previously in place of a CD.

jeddah

Jargo
12-01-2002, 02:24 PM
250 worth of power tools. Nice toys. Hammer drill, routing kit, circular saw, reciprocating saw, all in lovely big cases with all the trimmings in the way of accessories and spare parts and most importantly batteries and charger. So it wasn't on sale but by getting most of the tools in one large kit I saved 150 on buying them as seperates. :happy: Plus, now i have the right tools to finally get my kitchen all fixed up spanky and new. Figured that since the ceiling fell down and we had to strip the walls for the plasterer we might as well go the whole hog and do the whole kitchen from scratch. Now i just have to wait for the January sales to begin to buy the kitchen units and get 50% saving on everything.