PDA

View Full Version : anyone seen the new 12 inch hasbro body?

derek
11-04-2001, 04:35 PM
hasbro has an awesome new 12 inch body that is supposed to start apearing in stores later this year. photos of it are at www.smallblueplanet.com.

this body is awesome. very articulated. and unlike dragon, it will probably be very sturdy. hopefully they'll release it on a card so i can get some for the episode 2 12 inch line, which will probably still have those 30 year old bodies.

JediTricks
11-05-2001, 02:29 AM
I saw it a while back, it looked kinda like an ape because it was out of proportion. However, this prototype doesn't look as bad in that department, so I may get one or two of these and swap out some 12" SW heads. However, Hasbro's heads are still out of scale, so the only way to fix that is to do a new, in-scale head from scratch - something I don't have the skills to do.

derek
11-09-2001, 07:49 PM
jeditricks,

which heads are out of scale? the oversized star wars heads or the g.i. joe heads?

JediTricks
11-10-2001, 10:45 AM
The SW heads. The bodies are 1/6th scale, but the heads appear to be nearly 1/5th scale instead (this only applies to human figures and Bossk).

bigbarada
11-19-2001, 11:41 PM
Why can't Hasbro just borrow the Marmit body for making their action figures? Marmit IS a part of Hasbro so what's the problem? For anyone who hasn't seen a Marmit figure body, they are probably some of the most articulated 12" bodies out there.

JediTricks
11-20-2001, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Why can't Hasbro just borrow the Marmit body for making their action figures? Marmit IS a part of Hasbro so what's the problem? For anyone who hasn't seen a Marmit figure body, they are probably some of the most articulated 12" bodies out there. Marmit is not a part of Hasbro, neither is Tomy. Marmit and Tomy are other Star Wars licensees in Asia, and while Tomy simply resells the Hasbro products, the Marmit figures are all their own. Also, I've heard the Marmit body is way too flimsy to be considered rugged enough for play (a criteria Hasbro holds very important).

derek
11-29-2001, 09:30 PM
the super gi joe body is out now. i found it on a carded night camo desert storm figure. this is a really good body. if hasbro would use this body on their star wars line and make the heads in a proper scale, this line would be top notch.

my only complaint is the claw hands. they are rather loose and can't hold a weapon, despite the articulation. and unlike the previous joe body, the hands are not removable without a drill.:)
the previous body used a pliable arm plastic that when heated allowed the hand to be removed. well, hasbro is using a firmer plastic, so after heating, all the hand does is break off, leaving a post in the forearm. i spent 30 minutes drilling out the forearm.

tomorrow i'll get some silly puddy or something, cram it up the hollow forearm, and insert the hand. hopefully that will work.

other than the hands, this is a top notch body. as poseable as a blue box body, and more sturdy than dragon, and without the wide shoulders of the 21st century soldier.